NATION

PASSWORD

Delirium (Meta, Mystery, WB, Escape?) - OOC, Dead

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:57 am

Apps.

Benuty wrote:
First Name: Nelson.
-snip-

Benuty - A lot better. I like the drawbacks on Peace Inducement. Also the consent needed for the death manipulation. Those work.

Here are my medicinal drawbacks. And one other suggestion:
a) Healing - Nelson can heal things like cuts, bruises, broken arms under medication. Nothing more.
b) Death sense is dulled. He can get a suspicion that death may be near to a person, but can't tell that it will be coming.
c) Death Manipulation - Nelson can only finish off a person, plant or animal that's 90% of the way in the grave anyway.
d) Peace Inducement - Only works half the time.

Now for my suggestion. I'd like to see it that Nelson can heal anyone, but any kind of healing does sap his energy wise, too. (In other words, he doesn't get sapped only if he raises the dead animals). The deeper the wound, the more energy Nelson has to spend to heal, regardless if he's on medicine or not.

If you can accept these drawbacks, then Nelson is ACCEPTED.

The V O I D wrote:First Name: Kurt Oswin
-snip-

VOID - Very interesting, and very tragic too for Kurt. I like him and pity him at the same time.

Medicinal drawbacks:
a) due to Kurt's system attacking things that may be considered "harmful," the drugs have less effect. Kurt's "Father" can show up now, but only 3/4 of the time.
b) It can frighten others only with effort, and not as effortlessly as it once would have.
c) There is a range for any of the shadows created by the Father. If they are more than 100 yards away from Kurt, the shadow constructions become weaker and can fade into wisps of nothingness.

If you can accept these drawbacks, then Kurt is ACCEPTED.
Last edited by Talchyon on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
First Name: Alyssa Jamie (Or A.J.)
-snip-

Hi Haedros. For A.J., here are the medicinal drawbacks.

a) Reincarnation / healing - Any kind of coming back from death's door will delay A.J. in a comatose state for a few days before she slowly gets back up to normal speed.
b) Mirrors - Half the time, A.J. returns back to the mirror where she entered.
c) Clones - Only 2 clones can be created and in existence while under the effects of medicines.

If you can accept these drawbacks, A.J. is ACCEPTED.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:14 pm

Talchyon wrote:Apps.

Benuty wrote:
-snip-

Benuty - A lot better. I like the drawbacks on Peace Inducement. Also the consent needed for the death manipulation. Those work.

Here are my medicinal drawbacks. And one other suggestion:
a) Healing - Nelson can heal things like cuts, bruises, broken arms under medication. Nothing more.
b) Death sense is dulled. He can get a suspicion that death may be near to a person, but can't tell that it will be coming.
c) Death Manipulation - Nelson can only finish off a person, plant or animal that's 90% of the way in the grave anyway.
d) Peace Inducement - Only works half the time.

Now for my suggestion. I'd like to see it that Nelson can heal anyone, but any kind of healing does sap his energy wise, too. (In other words, he doesn't get sapped only if he raises the dead animals). The deeper the wound, the more energy Nelson has to spend to heal, regardless if he's on medicine or not.

If you can accept these drawbacks, then Nelson is ACCEPTED.

The V O I D wrote:First Name: Kurt Oswin
-snip-

VOID - Very interesting, and very tragic too for Kurt. I like him and pity him at the same time.

Medicinal drawbacks:
a) due to Kurt's system attacking things that may be considered "harmful," the drugs have less effect. Kurt's "Father" can show up now, but only 3/4 of the time.
b) It can frighten others only with effort, and not as effortlessly as it once would have.
c) There is a range for any of the shadows created by the Father. If they are more than 100 yards away from Kurt, the shadow constructions become weaker and can fade into wisps of nothingness.

If you can accept these drawbacks, then Kurt is ACCEPTED.

I can accept those medicinal drawbacks for Nelson.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:45 pm

I can accept those drawbacks for Kurt, and I'll add them to my app later tonight.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:59 pm

First Name: Lucretia Mott
Sex: Female
Height, Weight, Build:

Personality: She is very lucid and alert, an inquisitive and bright girl. She is analytical and can be a bit contrary, always trying to get to a definitive answer, much to the exasperation of the staff. Of course, just as much as she is an annoyance she is also quick to help her fellow patients calm down, loathe to see someone else suffer so much from their delusions, at least somewhat believing in the assertions of the hospital that these people are in need of mental help. However, she is just as merciless when questioning why other patients simply accept answers from the staff at face value.

Bio: Lucretia has no memories, almost never suffering from the same delusions as others. Occasionally a few hours before her next round of medications she will feel some strange emotions connected to a feeling of nostalgia, like comfort and love, but she tries her best to ignore it. As curious as she is, her own mental problems are a sensitive topic for her, and the rush of clearheaded certainty after her medication is taken always makes her forget about those silly feelings.

Her realities may hold the clues to her past, if only she could access them.

Powers / Abilities:

Reality Manipulation - She has the ability to manipulate her immediate environment almost completely, overlapping our reality with one of her own creation. While this only extends a relatively short distance around her, her influence gradually radiates outward as she remains in one place for a time. The areas effected by her powers are best described as pocket dimensions, realities that were a blank canvas to be altered according to her thoughts, both conscious and unconscious. They are lucid dreams that are big enough, detailed enough, and intricate enough to swallow her up, launching her into a sort of fugue state where she becomes disconnected from reality. Each pocket reality is its own part of her, and to create new ones is incredibly draining compared to trying to simply expand of existing ones. Some are based on her sense of curiosity and wonder, while others are on her self-loathing or fear. A unique piece of her power is that the more lucid and aware of her surroundings she is, the less she is able to use her power to manipulate them. However, the more confused and the more her disassociation from reality grows, the more she is able to phase her pocket realities into the dimension everyone else inhabits.

Realistic Power Drawbacks:

1. In addition to the fact she has to remain in one place, she has a maximum radius of 200m - 250m, depending on a variety of factors.

2. The threat posed to Lucretia by her realities depend on what part of her sub-consciousness has seeped into the creation. For example, her reality based on loyalty would be willing to defend her in an instant, while fear or self loathing would be more than willing to either let her be attacked or actively try to harm her (and everyone else within). Even if she tries to summon a positive reality, the emotions she feels at the time play a heavy hand in influencing, meaning that the descriptions I give you are simply of the realities in their purest form.

Extra Special Details on Power:

Loyalty - It is a room, a large, rectangular stone chamber with ceilings arching dozens of metres in the air, intricate golden beams providing support. The walls are made of stone and slightly mossy, and massive aqueducts that line the walls spill twelve waterfalls at measured increments so that there are a large pair of wooden doors the size of a giant on one wall, five waterfalls on each long wall, and two waterfalls on the wall opposite the door. Massive crystal chandeliers tinkle above, filling the room with a golden light. The waterfalls spill behind large stone statues, three times the size of the tallest humans. Each statue of of a different person, all some sort of superhero-esque person, with an animistic style to their design. A horse, a snake, a rat, an ox, a tiger, a monkey, a goat, a dog, a pig, a dragon, a rooster, a rabbit. The water pools around their feet and each follows a shallow dip in the floor to flow together and exit the door. The mists from the waters meet the chandelier light and that which streams from massive windows between each of the statues, creating a dazzling array of rainbows within the room. This reality is very protective of Lucretia, and there are several hidden features that make it no easy feat to beat.

Fear - A dark urban landscape, with grey buildings rising up from the shadowy ground. Everything is wreathed in a noxious fog, with faceless people passing by quickly. They do not pay attention to anything but getting place to place. The windows of the buildings are cracked and broken, and some have eyes peering out. A feeling of unease, unbidden, will fill the hearts of all who see them. Before it can be made out what they are, they disappear. Something touches your back. Your hair. Your face. You see nothing. This reality is filled with horrors, each different than the last, depending on where you try to go. It has evolved over the years, formerly a graveyard, a dark forest, and perhaps a touch ironically, a hospital. In this reality, Lucretia is perhaps more in danger than others, as these are a manifestation of her worst fears come true. They are actively hostile towards all who enter, but in a scary way, not a particularly harmful one. That is, of course, save for some more extreme circumstances . . .

Confusion - An immense labyrinth of metal, each wall can merge or split with another at a moments notice, making mapping it impossible. The ground and walls are pure, smooth metal, and above is simply nothingness. Not black, not white, not hot, not cold. Nothing. There are no seams in the walls, no indication of when or where they might merge, though they do so silently and quickly. It will make sure to tire any entrants, physically and mentally, forcing them to walk for ages as the walls constantly move around. The labyrinth tailors itself to the people inside, and at the centre of it is the solution to the greatest problem facing them, though that does not guarantee they will know how to use it (and the labyrinth will provide no instruction). Before reaching the centre, they must enter three antechambers: one where they must admit a truth to themselves that they have not dared voice; one where they must sacrifice something dear to them; and one where they must figure out why they want to get to the end of the labyrinth. If they fail at any of these points, they will be forcibly ejected and barred from the labyrinth for as long as it stands. This reality is completely impartial, though a unique feature of it is that it is impossible to use powers within it to try to get over the walls or find the way to the exit. Until you fail or succeed, regardless of whether Lucretia is actively generating the reality, you will remain there.

These are very basic descriptions and a small selection of some of her largest realities that are roughly built up to her limit. Each can be influenced by what she wants or is directed to create at the time as well as what she is feeling at the time, but these are some of her more basic sets. I would like to note she is not fully in control of what she gets, unless she makes a reality out of nothing, which requires near total loss of cognisance and time, especially for bigger items.

Medical Drawbacks: Her range is reduced to a 20-25m radius.

Fears: She is scared of what happens to the people who disappears. She can't quite remember them, but she does know they existed, and the hand-waving of the staff only makes her more suspicious. She is also afraid of losing control, using her questions as a way of asserting some measure of authority over her largely pre-dictated life in the hospital.
Stance towards authority figures: While curious, questioning, and a bit suspicious of their methods, Lucretia does think the hospital has the best interests of its patients in mind and is generally willing to follow instructions until she knows more. However, she is easily irritated when her questions are simply brushed off.
Other Medical Issues [Optional]: According to the staff, Lucretia has narcolepsy and needs special shots twice a day to make her more alert and focused so her sleep schedule can stay on track, which is a key to a speedy recovery.
Psychological Disorders [Optional]: She occasionally suffers from some incredibly realistic hallucinations in the night, always after she has been asleep for a long time and wakes up for some reason. Large stone cathedrals, dense jungles, moving labyrinths, ancient catacombs, and other locales have all been featured in these hallucinations at some point. Apparently she often screams in her sleep because of this and so she sleeps in a room away from the other patients, among storage closets and empty rooms, to avoid disturbing others.

Miscellaneous: My vision for her is someone who isn't nearly as confused and muddled as the rest of the patients due to the quirks of her power making keeping her alert and lucid in conjunction with the medications the best way to keep her powers from manifesting. While not the best information gatherer, she would probably have the best chance of putting the pieces of the puzzle together.
RP Examples:
Last edited by Auphelia on Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:16 pm

Auphelia wrote:First Name: Lucretia Mott

Powers / Abilities:

Reality Manipulation - She has the ability to manipulate her immediate environment almost completely, overlapping our reality with one of her own creation. While this only extends a relatively short distance around her, her influence gradually radiates outward as she remains in one place for a time. The areas effected by her powers are best described as pocket dimensions, realities that were a blank canvas to be altered according to her thoughts, both conscious and unconscious. They are lucid dreams that are big enough, detailed enough, and intricate enough to swallow her up, launching her into a sort of fugue state where she becomes disconnected from reality. Each pocket reality is its own part of her, and to create new ones is incredibly draining compared to trying to simply expand of existing ones. Some are based on her sense of curiosity and wonder, while others are on her self-loathing or fear. A unique piece of her power is that the more lucid and aware of her surroundings she is, the less she is able to use her power to manipulate them. However, the more confused and the more her disassociation from reality grows, the more she is able to phase her pocket realities into the dimension everyone else inhabits.

Auphelia - This is really creative for a power set, and I'm trying to figure it out. In some ways, on a literary level, it kind of symbolizes the entire RP. That is, reality has been distorted and everyone's trying to find out what is real. But in other ways, help me piece it together. It seems really OP right now, but maybe it could be tempered... And I hope it could. Very creative.

-So is there a range? Like, could Lucretia reality warp the entire hospital? Or is it the range of a 10 ft. x 10 ft. rm?
-What, exactly, happens in these alternative warped realities? Is it just, "Oh look, the walls that used to be straight rectangles are now looking triangles pieced together?" Or something more sinister and devious?
-Can people in these realities leave?
-Is Lucretia any more powerful being inside one of these realities?
-(Is this power going to make the plot unattainable? I guess you really can't answer that one...)

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:36 pm

Talchyon wrote:Auphelia - This is really creative for a power set, and I'm trying to figure it out. In some ways, on a literary level, it kind of symbolizes the entire RP. That is, reality has been distorted and everyone's trying to find out what is real. But in other ways, help me piece it together. It seems really OP right now, but maybe it could be tempered... And I hope it could. Very creative.

-So is there a range? Like, could Lucretia reality warp the entire hospital? Or is it the range of a 10 ft. x 10 ft. rm?
-What, exactly, happens in these alternative warped realities? Is it just, "Oh look, the walls that used to be straight rectangles are now looking triangles pieced together?" Or something more sinister and devious?
-Can people in these realities leave?
-Is Lucretia any more powerful being inside one of these realities?
-(Is this power going to make the plot unattainable? I guess you really can't answer that one...)

- For range, the size of a room seems about right at any given time, but when she stands still and uses her power, it expands at a slow walking speed from there, expanding until it reaches the edge of what she has designed. It takes hours for every square metre to be added, as new territory is incredibly difficult to create (think of having to consciously think of every blade of grass, or lump of stone, every gear or muscle within the reality to make it so). I suppose it depends on how large the hospital is, but I doubt she has many (if any) realities that could overlap the entire hospital.

- For these realities, they are reflections of both her imagination and conscious efforts to create another reality and her subconsciousness leaking into her realities and warping them. They overlap our reality and overpower it where they combine, and really anything can happen. What reality it is depends on what she wants to happen while she is still able to shape what the reality is going to be, with her emotional state shaping the rest of it as she slips further and further away from sanity and any sense of connection to our reality.

- People can leave simply by getting out of range. By the very rules of her power she can't be a moving, massive alternate reality, but rather a static area. You simply have to get outside the limits of it. Of course, that doesn't account for obstacles you might encounter on the way. If she is snapped out of her fugue or moves, a person cannot get "trapped" within reality, as it simply ceases to exist in our version of reality. You aren't in a room, you are in a jungle. When she lets go, you are not in a jungle, you are in a room. She doesn't warp reality so much as replace it with one of her own design.

- Lucretia has a very small window (1 minute or less) in which she can actively control the environment, at which point she slips firmly from the grasp of reality and her mind becomes too devolved to do much, letting her power have near full control. While she is projecting her realities, she does not "control" it so much as it will be equally neutral towards everyone within, unless it perceives someone to be a threat to her, in which case it will use any defences she has given it or it can utilise to repel them from that reality. Some realities are more malevolent than others, depending on what part of her subconscious has leaked into it, and some are harmful to her, like the part of her that hates herself. If someone she trusts can get to her, they can guide her actions, allowing her to make minor changes to the reality to do what she wants. The more she builds on a reality the more she can do with it, with her most complex realities taking years for her to create within herself, layer upon layer built up.

- As for breaking the plot, I doubt it. Lucretia's powers are tied to her lucidity, and I have baseline assumed the hospital would want to keep her as alert as possible, effectively reducing the chance of her being able to use her power to <5%, unless she was injected with something to reverse the effects.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:56 pm

Talch- So, when can we expect an IC? I’m excited to get started. Been a while since I’ve participated in such a promising RP, after all.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:03 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:Talch- So, when can we expect an IC? I’m excited to get started. Been a while since I’ve participated in such a promising RP, after all.

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm planning on launching early on Friday. I got done with a post that I think is promising for the 1st post. I just want to think it over some, and make sure this is what I have in mind for the characters and the start of this mysterious situation.

I would launch sooner, but my Thursday is going to be nuts, and I'd like to be able to respond on Friday, because I'm assuming I'm going to need to.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:47 pm

First Name: Nadir Jamshidi
Sex: M
Height, Weight, Build: 5'7, 141 lbs, has the build of someone who exercises well

Personality: A quiet person who generally likes to stay out of other people's way. He tends to get lost in thought easily, but generally doesn't think of much that is profound. Extremely cynical, but not in an "asshole" way.
Bio: Fluorescent lights, a uniform, and monotony. There is ice in his chest, and a terror he cannot explain. Late nights are spent alone doing nothing. Fear and self-loathing coil around him like snakes.

A hoodie, a gun, and a sense of purpose. The fire in his heart is renewed. When his heat dims, he swallows fire to renew it.

Sharp noises in the dark. Blood. A fragile structure collapses inwards - He was wrong, so very wrong. He is chained up under a mountain, and devoured by his own serpents.

Powers / Abilities: Nadir can magically generate and control heat, light, and fire. The brightest light he can generate is too bright to directly observe, and the hottest temperatures he can generate are around 1700 °C. He is also immune to the effects of his own powers, as well as other sources of extreme heat or light. He also may have other, more... esoteric powers, but I'll let you decide on those in conjunction with his backstory.

Realistic Power Drawbacks: Using his powers uses up a lot of energy. Under normal circumstances, if Nadir were to go all out in a fight, he'd likely fall unconscious within a few minutes, and wake up starving. He has to rely on stimulants like coffee (or more powerful uppers) to sustain himself in combat for more than an hour or so, and must eat about twice as much as an ordinary person if he wants to use his powers on a regular basis.

OP to decide on effects medications will have on powers

Fears: Irrelevance, interacting with other people, the idea that failure is something intrinsic to who he is
Stance towards authority figures: Something of a pushover, due to his self-doubt, but tends to wallow in silent resentment after being ordered around
Other Medical Issues: Amphetamine addiction
Psychological disorders: Social anxiety disorder and dysthymia
Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add): The bio is meant to be somewhat metaphorical - Whatever you make for his backstory, he shouldn't have literally been chained up under a mountain and devoured by serpents.
RP Examples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=449980&p=34647166&hilit=ossedax#p34647166
Last edited by Utceforp on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:52 pm

Utceforp wrote:

-snip-

Hey UTC. I'll take a look at apps tomorrow. But good to see you!

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Updated Application with OP Medicinal Drawbacks

Postby Benuty » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:56 am

Benuty wrote:
Benuty wrote:

Sex: Male.

Height, Weight, Build: 6'2, 210 pounds, and somewhat average in terms of build.

Personality: Intensely religious, and spends much of his time reading, praying, drawing, or gardening. His drawings have become somewhat morbid lately, and he cannot figure out why as drawings depicting horrifying events become increasingly common from Nelson. Nelson is unsure of why this is, but his dreams will often contain spastic episodes of violence in which he is viewing from the first-person point of view someone inflicting terrible tragedies upon others. Despite this, and his eccentric aloof nature Nelson is quite a decent person to chat with. Lately, he has started to go further down his path of obsessing with religion, and death leading him to question his stay and the current reality.

Bio: A man walks down a street, and launches a horrific assault on his unfortunate victims before him as the night sky opens revealing a blood moon. The man turns and grins reveling in the blood as it springs out from the victim in front of him. The mans thought process is clouded as it all screams "blood, blood, blood!". Someone watches in horror as the man continues his onslaught, and they try to one. The man catches the person running, and does something horrid to them, the screams echoing in the night sky.

A person wakes and looks through a scope in what looks to be a ruined church tower. He is signaling to others in various locations and pointing down as he spots a man wearing a strange coat. It is the man from the previous memory who is stalking through the night's streets like a predator for a meal. The man with the rifle fires from the church tower as others follow suit lighting the nights skies with bullets, and gunpowder. After much fighting, and the death of several teammates the man in the tower, and the stranger are the only two left bloodied, and bruised.

The time lapses and the two wake up fighting under the cover of a blood moon as the man from the church tower desperately tries to kill the stranger in the coat. After battling for what feels like a whole night the two strike fatal blows on each other, and fall down bleeding on what appears to be a growing river which covers, and swallows them both. They both wake up to a chorus of individuals singing in haunting harmony as a glowing woman with a strange face glowing like a thousand suns washes them, and they and both the stranger and the rifleman break apart. Their souls start swirling in the river and merge together forming a new soul, and body. That face and body are that of Nelson, and the woman whispers something in an unknown tongue to him.

The only words that could be made out clearly are "communion of life". In this new body the former men rage before they join to become one new entity, and suddenly a gasp is heard almost as someone came back from drowning under water. A man in a white coat nearby yells for help, and people in guard uniforms grab the individual struggling to make sense of what is happening.

Powers / Abilities: (Up to 3 or 4).

A) Biokinesis.
* At full power Nelson most likely could heal any, and all people of all diseases save for the most terminal, and even then buy those people a few years rather than the weeks he is currently able to give them. He currently expends a small amount of energy to revitalize dead plants, and small animals, but in theory, if his powers were unrestricted he could after expending a tremendous amount of injury bring the dead back to life if the body was relatively undamaged. This most likely would wear him out, and sap him of power for days or weeks, but at the cost of resurrecting life, the price is worth it.

B) Life and Death Manipulation.

*The Ultimate Sacrifice: Nelson in a time of dire circumstances if he were to see no choice would at full power practice the ritual of the ultimate sacrifice. There is no greater sacrifice than giving ones life in service to others, and if he were on the verge of death with no turning back the ultimate sacrifice could be invoked. This isn't an offensive counter action, but one of pure non-violent defense buying his friends vital time if they are in situation that requires it.

* Passing the Gift: If Nelson senses death is unavoidable then he would simply begin what he refers to as the "ritual of the gift". Touching a chosen person, and reciting the line "do you accept this gift?" three times requires they answer yes to each one or it won't work. After that the person of choice will be marked, and upon Nelsons death begin to slowly receive his gifts as the work to preserve the communion of life must go on even in his death.

*If at full power his abilities when it comes to life manipulation would most likely see an evolution of sorts. A passive ability where plants and animals of all kind would either resurrect, become nourished, or healthy if they crossed his path. His active ability would be useful in aiding with injuries such as broken limbs or alleviating conditions which could prove fatal if untreated (such as blood poisoning) or bullet wounds.

* His power of death manipulation is restricted by the "act of consent" a clause of sorts in which it may only work on the dying who give consent of their own free will, and without duress. Regardless of medication or not the active modifier of "act of consent", and Nelson's morality will prevent this ability from ever becoming an offensive option even if Nelson were to fall under a suggestive state.

C) Death Sense.
* At full power his death sense would still remain a passive ability, but in theory, he might be able to pierce the "veil", and gain knowledge that could aid in preserving the lives of future murder, and accident victims. That said his power will never be strong enough to tell him who is doing the murdering or their reasoning for doing so, but he could potentially at least keep the person alive long enough for others to find out. This power at full could also be a double edge sword since he could very well trap himself, and the victim with the murderer while trying to keep them safe.

D) Peace Inducement.

* Currently this is a passive ability activated in self defense when Nelson feels threatened. That said at full power it can be an active ability, but given the type of power this is it has no ability to harm people. For a portion of his health the most aggressive person could experience a state of calm that can last for hours, days, or even years, but a sacrifice has to be made the greater the timespan is. Mentally ill people especially those with depression can experience a state of serenity, and transcendence over time by spending time with Nelson. Should he actively choose to "treat" them at the cost of his health their problems could go away for a while.

A person addicted to their inner turmoil, hate, and rage will find this addiction less tantalizing, and their reliance on these things less useful. It might even make them reconsider their life choices, but that is for them to make rather than Nelson. This power has an especially positive effect on the suicidal and could save quite a few lives if Nelson got around to walking the world.

A) *Complete resurrection works only with dead animals, and plants which is dependent entirely on how long they have been dead, what they died of, and how severe of an injury they sustained before death.

*Persons with chronic illnesses such as cancer feel their symptoms alleviate around him, but cannot be cured of it at the moment.

* Persons with terminal conditions who want more time must touch his hands, and give consent so they can get the precious time needed to say goodbye to friends, and family. The maximum days allowed has been a few weeks as each day given will cause Nelson to experience an ailment going from slight to severe. If it is more than two or three weeks Nelson risks his health going into permanent decline, and then death.

* His ability can passively help those with colds, flu, and minor illnesses feel much better within hours of exposure to him.

B) * If a person has used the time given by him to say their final goodbyes to friends, and family or has managed to do so without Nelson's help then they can approach him, and ask for what is called the "eternal gift of rest". After touching hands Nelson must ask "do you wish for eternal rest?" to which the participant must reply "yes, I do". This must be repeated three times, and Nelson then kisses them on the forehead sealing the pact. The person will always die painlessly, and not suffer, but depending on the severity of their end-stage illness will die peacefully asleep or fall asleep within minutes, and pass on to death.

* This power is bound by the "act of consent" a restriction which prevents it from working on healthy people or those who are under duress from outside influences when asking him. Only the dying of their own free will can ask, and receive this "last rite", and go into the "eternal rest of the grave".

* He can make underwatered plants look chipper again, and starving animals will become nourished by his power. Of course, the only negative about this is that it will flood the place with wild animals, but to Nelson all life is sacred.

C) * Death Sense is passive, and cannot be actively brought out, but only given to Nelson through strange dreams, and horrid visions.

* The sense will only let Nelson know a person is going to die, but will not tell them when it happens, why it happens, where it happens, or who will do it (if it is a murder). However, Nelson will experience increasing uneasiness as the persons time approaches if they are going to die of murder or a horrible accident.

* The Death Sense cannot be used to predict the future so don't even bother trying to ask Nelson that stuff.

D) * Peace inducement is a passive ability, and cannot be activated naturally, but will activate as a method of self defense if Nelson detects aggression.

*Normal people experiencing depression or other mental illnesses depending on the severity will experience a state of calm, but not be cured of their afflictions.

* Aggressive people will be flooded with doubt about committing aggressive actions.

* The more rage-prone a person is the stronger the peace inducement is, but it cannot overpower someone completely, and people can resist it.

* Suicidal people will experience a true sense of peace, and serenity around Nelson.

* Depending on the severity of a person aggression or mental illness the effects might last longer, but will eventually stop if they leave Nelson's company.

A) Healing- Currently Nelson can heal cuts, bruises, and broken arms only while under medication.

B) Death sense is dulled, but he is able to get suspicious that death may be near to a person, but cannot tell it is coming.

C) Death Manipulation is restricted to a person, plant, or animal that is 90% on its way to the grave.

D) Peace Inducement is only capable of working half the time.

E) Nelsons healing saps a certain percentage of energy depending on the type of healing handled. Resurrecting dead animals to all wounds especially deeper ones sap an increasing percentage of energy (applies to medicine or not)

Fears: While Nelson has no fear of death he does fear, and outright revile those who cause suffering on others especially the helpless. The idea of suffering horrifies him into the core especially because he is afraid of what pain does to an animal or plant due to the fact he has become increasingly sensitive in dealing with them. A sticking point with Nelson are people who either due to passion or something else fly into an uncontrolled rage for whatever reason.

Stance towards authority figures: Neutral as his obsessions, and interests take hold with him more than trying to either become buddies with the administration or their enemies.

Other Medical Issues [Optional]:

Psychological disorders [Optional]: Traumatized by some mysterious past he finds violence, and all that's related to it to be extremely repulsive. While no a psychological disorder in, and of itself the constant nightmares, and strangely violent dreams, and drawings are concerning to staff. He is sometimes seen chatting with people that the staff and others know aren't there, but tolerate it in the hopes one day it will stop. Nelson, of course, insists the beings he is chatting with are quite real, and often refers to them as "souls who are lost, and haven't found the way yet". Nelson also adheres to a strict, and somewhat irrational need to correct what he views as the unjust dispersal or burial of the dead (mostly when the Janitor tries to deal with a dead animal or two).

Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add):

1) Due to his experience with animals, Nelson adamantly refuses to eat any meat save fish thus having a pescatarian diet for both ethical and religious reasons. He finds the taste of animals outside of fish, and shellfish to be vile, and will vomit them up if he finds out.

2) As a devoted Christian of the Episcopalian sect he keeps a bible, and a book of common prayer with him constantly. He will hopefully one day get a proper service of the Episcopalian rite provided every Sunday.

RP Examples:
Iron Curtain: First IC Post.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Achidyemay
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:19 am

Tag
Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:37 am

Achidyemay wrote:Tag

Why hello there Ach. It's been... Quite some time.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Achidyemay
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Achidyemay wrote:Tag

We're starting to enter the holiday season, so I'm stirring a bit from my Eldritch slumber.

I'm thinking of making a "schizophrenic" who can manifest physically the people they see, sort of like empathic cloning; as a concept, how does this sound?
Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:31 pm

Achidyemay wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

We're starting to enter the holiday season, so I'm stirring a bit from my Eldritch slumber.

I'm thinking of making a "schizophrenic" who can manifest physically the people they see, sort of like empathic cloning; as a concept, how does this sound?

Intriguing, but it would help if you explain more how this works in an example. Like, your character is in therapy and uses his power. What happens? And how long do these clones last?

HAEDROS - Did you agree to the medicinal drawbacks on A.J.?

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Achidyemay wrote:We're starting to enter the holiday season, so I'm stirring a bit from my Eldritch slumber.

Intriguing, but it would help if you explain more how this works in an example. Like, your character is in therapy and uses his power. What happens? And how long do these clones last?

HAEDROS - Did you agree to the medicinal drawbacks on A.J.?

Oh, yeah, I can agree to those.

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:49 pm

Auphelia wrote:First Name: Lucretia Mott

-snip-

Hi Auphelia. I've been debating Lucretia's power, as I really like the concept and find it very symbolic of the whole RP. At the same time, I can also see how it might be really unfair (especially since you gave no realistic drawbacks for it). Here is a suggestion before I proceed further.

Overlapping realities. Lucretia doesn't really create pocket dimensions, as much as alternate realities that overlap ours and even take over. With this in mind, I would like you to set a max limit on range for these realities (so they don't take over). I would also like 2 or 3 descriptions of realities that Lucretia has "on hand" that would be pulled out and used. It's very vague right now, and leaving it vague also leaves for some very dangerous situations. (such as, one of her realities is the inside of an active volcano, or the nothingness of space). If you describe what 2 or 3 of these realities are, and what dangers can be found in them, it will help further define this power.

I would also suggest that Lucretia can also be harmed in these realities. Likewise, if you would explain what happens if she is harmed in them. And how they can be stopped.

Utceforp wrote:
-snip-

Hi UTC. A cynic is always welcome in the way that you have always described. One thing though - the backstory is not necessarily what I create. I have vague ideas for backstories, but nothing specific. If anything, I'd like you to help create a backstory as we go. Feel free to TG me here on NS or on Discord about ideas you have.

As for powers, I'm ok with them. Here are my medicinal drawbacks:
a) My rule of thumb is that the medicines make the metas go at about 10% of what they normally can do. That means with the light, it's still bright but not blinding. One could look into it, but would probably have to strain their eyes.
b) Heat can only go up to 170 degrees C. Still very very hot, but not "standing on the sun and melting random elements" hot.
c) Fire can only make the size of flame about three cigarette lighters put together.
d) Light, heat and fire can't all be active at once. It's either light, heat, or fire.

If you can accept these medicinal drawbacks, then Nadir is ACCEPTED.

Dreshand
Envoy

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreshand » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:00 pm

First Name: Edward, sometimes referred to as the clockmaker.
Sex: M
Height, Weight, Build: 165 cm, 60kg and average build.

Personality: The subject was initially incorrectly viewed as a pessimist at first, however a more apt term would be that of a fatalist, one who believes that the future has taken into account the thought and actions of all and as such will not be changed for better or for worse. This may prove useful for eliciting cooperation by convincing the subject that it is all part of their twisted and unchanging destiny. Yet they appear to have come to terms with it, seeming calm despite their beliefs of helplessness. The subject is also quite religious, however details from that point onwards are sketchy, the piece of mysticism or religion they hold on to has never been permanent, likely an attempt to search for what may have been a strong hold on their previous life.

Bio: In the beginning, not of everything, but when this story got interesting there was light and there was dark. The light was glorious and bright, the dark had so many screaming faces. An oil painting, soon doused in gasoline.

Then there was the puppet show, the stage filled with Rust and Blood, creaking out the lines as the devil himself was beaten with a stick until it became just another Judy splayed across the floor.

Then there was the moon, not a single object but one that was visible and many that were less so. They all sang to the spheres, told them how much would be lost, how the tree grew so many branches yet they all lead the same way, down.

And finally there were the signs. Neon lights with dragons moving in their colors. Miniature hurricanes dancing into ears, this was it all died. The gears spinning and ink spraying.

Powers / Abilities: The subject has the curious ability to communicate with previously non sapient pieces of technology. While far from the contemporary idea of controlling technology itself his ability to properly interpret what various mechanical implements have seen gives startling insights into many topics. With effort and Charisma the subject seems to be able to convince machinery to do his bidding, however as of now this is far less of a security hazard than it initially appears. First person accounts from the subject show that communication with older machinery (criteria sketchy) tends to be interpretation of clangs and noises that somehow form comprehensible words in the style of a telegram. Newer technology is typically more fast paced and can be more confusing as crucial bits of information can be missed. Both are rarely supplemented with visions that can be memories or metaphors.

Realistic Power Drawbacks: Communication is quite unreliable, while most machinery is quite cooperative after such isolation they can be mislead and misinterpret things just as humans can. Communication is also quite noisy, indecipherable noises coming from machinery in close proximity can easily give away the usage of his powers.

Medicinal drawbacks: a) Older machines take longer to communicate with.
b) Edward's power will only work about half the time. The more familiar he with a machine (e.g., having spent time in that room), the more likely he'll get a communication link established.

Fears: The Underground
Stance towards authority figures: Varies according to the situation
Psychological disorders [Optional]: None currently diagnosed

Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add): I have two visions for this character. One finds them as a medium of sorts talking to spooky machine spirits and suchlike and using them to put together pieces of the puzzle. The second is that he is in fact one of the most insane out of the people here and if he has a power talking to the machines isn't it. The reason why the information is mostly accurate is that he has already subconsciously gleaned it, from half forgotten memories or a sleeping Sherlock-like personality.
RP Examples:
Let us begin
Gather round my friends and I'll tell you a story. Keep the curtains shut, doors locked, and chew whale fat to keep the from your teeth. We light the candles and set the scene, a song of fire, of death and betrayal. All of these have already been long introduced, but soon they will play a greater role. For now let us set up the chessboard, is white good? Is black evil? Nonsense you should put out of your head, for there is no good anymore. And it hardly matters when someone else moves the pieces.
The Carbelon Defense Offices. Time-1700
Whately, or Mr Whately in formal situations or anything where he tried to feel important was pacing frantically outside the hallway as stress seemed to seep through every pore and fiber of his being. He carried a small talisman of Ghatanothoa for luck, it's presence usually comforted him. Yet today it was quite disconcerting, it felt far too wet and fleshy. An even worse prospect when you remembered what the old one in question was famous for.
The Large guard adjacent to the door tried to lend him encouraging smiles and a small thumbs up to calm his nerves. It helped a bit, but not much. Still, putting off the meeting for too long would incur the wrath of the entire Administration, it was best to avoid that. A polite rasping knock hit the door. In response a short sound that could easily be mistaken for a cough emerged. Whately had been here far more times than he would have liked, letting him know from experience that this was a signal for him to enter.
Whately pushed upon the door slightly, not too far as that would cause an uncouth scrape upon the wall. One noise best avoided. The wood paneled room seemed strange to anyone else, its Aesthetics seemed strange due to the monopoly the wood seemed to have upon every surface, heightened by the conspicious absence of furniture. Yet it all had a reason, it sent a message that this room was seperate from everything else, whatever happened here, stayed in here. And within this room, a certain man was God.
"Uhm, Director Clairemont?"
His half statement was rewarded with a single gesture for silence from the man sitting at the strange desk within the centre of the room. Its dimensions were simply too wrong to be truly there in Whatleys mind, it reminded him of Church. Eventually the Director finished his strangely rubbery meal, pushing the last remnants into his mouth.
"Go on, I dont believe you came here for my company.'' Clairemont said with a smile far too wide to be benevolent.
"I.. I was just sent to uhm inform you that the weapons delivery plan for uhm the project has been uhm, changed." Whately Stammered
"Really? How so?"
"You see, the original route the train was going to take is now unaccessible by railway, a landslide of some sort."
"And how do we know this is natural?"
"Because it would uhm make no sense if it wasn't, in fact the new route is much more secure. The only reason we hadn't used it initially was because Iron Whiskers didnt want heavy ordinance going through such an uhm populated area''
''So if I understand this correctly, we are not only behind schedule but the train which, if i recall correctly currently contains enough weapons to level a small country is now within a densely populated city. Because unless the train has developed the ability to teleport it is now on the way towards a public train station. Do you know what are in cities? Crowds. Do you know what things tend to do in crowds? They dissapear Whately, they dissapear!" The director let out a sigh that signified his dissapointment. "So Whately, what do we do now?"
Unfortunately Whatley thought this was a question you were supposed to answer. As he tried to stammer out a half baked answer Clairemont shot him a glance that let him know the depths of his mistake
"No matter Whatley, I shall handle this myself."
At these words whately demonstrated his freqently used skill of getting the hell out of there. When the room was silent, the director looked upon a map of the area in question. And made a call. "I need them all, do not fail me."
The NWE Department of Defence Building. Time-1730
Katherine was in a very stormy mood today, all in all it was a pretty bad day.
Her coffee was cold, her faulty alarm had probably already made her miss a meeting, and to top it all off she couldnt even get into the building she was supposed to be in. She rummaged through her pockets for the ID card she was supposed to have. All while being watched by the exasperated security guard, who after some prompting decided to let her in anyways, after all she had been seen in a similar state enough times for it to become a routine. As she dashed out of the elevator door Katherine came to the unwelcome conclusion that she smelt strongly of candles. A leftover from a vague ritual with equally vague a purpose.
Still it reminded her of home, and in such turbulent times such a notion was very valuable. Still this did not stop the numerous men and women of high station casting dissaproving glances her way. They had on multiple occasions admitted that they did not appreciate an inexperienced young woman working on this level, and that she was only here as a courtesy to her host company.
For now that was true, but Katherine still had bright hopes that one day she would get the respect she deserved. But now she would settle on finding out where the hell she was supposed to go. A few minutes were spent wandering around in a daze. But after bursting into the wrong office numerous times she was finally able to find the right one and burst in suddenly.
"Hello sir! I need to talk to you quickly"
"Katherine we both know you cant keep burs-"
"No no i swear this is really important, you wont regret this" She then began on a tangent without waiting for a response.
"You see, I know some people back home, and they tell me that Dreshand is mobilizing an elite counter terrorist force. Yes i know they were already doing that but this is like, the elite of the elite. So something big must be going down, you see the big train that was carrying lots of stuff the terrorists want had been rerouted. So the terrorists will probably make a move and we want a crew there to catch anyone who does. For now we have the police standing watch there until our teams get there.
So Ive been asked to extend an invitation for you to send your elite elite to help out. Dont bother denying it, everyone knows your one of the big voices for that project. I think. Anyways yeah this should be a really great opportunity to show unity and stuff. And besides, we barely know anything about these terrorists, its almost like this was a book and the terrorists just had lazy writing. If we figured out what their goals are we might be able to stop the radicalization process, tail key public figures, and generally do a good job in keeping both of us from war. Sound good?"
"Alright fine, but you really need to sto-"
"Thanks so much! You wont regret this." She then dashed off with a bright smile on her face, if this worked out well she could be on her way to a big promotion, and she was looking forward to it. Maybe the day wasnt so bad after all.
The Ravenfield Station. Time-1820
Click to hide...
Near the railway tracks, a man stood alone in the crowd. He was a non-descript man, the kind that would be hell to pick out of a prison lineup, except for one thing. On his head was set a white fedora, a glimpse of the previous ages. It was a dandy move, out of place in modern society, but not so out-of-place to warrant a second look on the busy station platform.
Under the fedora, the man's head held a song. A beautiful song that promised a better tomorrow, an orchestral classic that offered solace from the endless mechanisms of the station and by extension, the world. In the confines of his mind, it was nice and peaceful. But it did not distract him from the task at hand, and on cue, his mind returned to the soft ticking of his golden pocket watch.
To the average man, the prediction of the chaotic and uncertain actions of humanity down to the exact second would be a herculean task. But this was no lesser man. As he stood by the tracks, fedora on his head, song in his mind, he whispered under his breath, 'Three.. two'
'One.'
He was the only one unsurprised when men clad in greyed shades of blue rushed into the station. Passengers-to-be were coralled out into confused groups, complaining till the menace of holstered guns quieted their voices. Citizens were asked to leave. No one had the slightest idea what was going on, nor why. A perfect opening, thought the man to himself.
One of the men, dealing with the retreating flock of humanity, turned towards him. The fedora man looked at him from the corner of his eye. He didn't move, and face furrowed in frown.
"Hey, did you hear me?"
The fedora man began to count. "Three.."
The guard advanced on him. "Get the hell out. That's an order! Hey! Hey!"
"Two.."
The big man was metres away, but the fedora man continued to look away. Everyone else had already been evacuated. It was time. "One"
"Hey, I'm talking to-"
"Bang", he murmurred.
The big lout's eyes grew wide.
"What the hell is that supposed to mean, you little sh-"
Flashbangs went off as a number of figures entered the platform out of nowhere, clad in body armor constructed of interlocking plates. Jet black visors covered their faces, showing nothing but bleak abyss. Their armaments were less intimidating; they were simply the best the organization could arrage at on short notice. But there wouldn't be much call for them while a veritable treasure of weaponry would be on the train.
The man strolled by as the first shots were fired. He could hear the shouts of his men intermingled with the screams of the trains' guardsmen. But resistance must fall quickly. He had calculated. They had spent hours mapping out the positions of everyone on the train. Most importantly, his numbers were legion. Reinforcements in twos arrived for every one fallen, giving the man a respectful salute as they boarded the train. The man nodded ever so gently to them, then turned to leave. Everything had fallen into place; the area was cordoned off by construction workers, fabricating well-practiced claims of disasters. None should pass, and none would.
They bowed their heads to to the man as he left, and he tipped his untouched fedora to them. He counted in his head, held on to his song. So many sacrifices made for the cause. Positions, lives, family. The man's mind flittered to the thought of power. A drug so alluring, it was easier for men to give up life than the quest for power. Yet, he knew, power wasn't the horrible evil it was made out to be. Power made sense, resonated with the instincts of man carved out over a million years of evolution. After all, it was only within conflict that mankind truly thrived. As war took away lives and the previous order, it brought with it opportunities to rise up, and a new hope. Would the technology they took for granted even exist without the world wars and the innovations they forced humanity to create? Man was but an animal, and, as the man noted, animals are at their most dangerous and resourceful when cornered. Sooner or later, when the world slogged down in the boredom of everyday life, war would flare up again, and take humankind roaring and screaming into the future. But for now-he looked at the mayhem one last time before turning the corner-this would have to do.
As he left the station, the dull rays of the sinking sun stroked across the cobbles. Life went on, oblivious to the bloodshed on the tracks that was being cleaned up before it dried.
A homeless man laid in the corner. Feeling magnanimous, the man strolled over to him and placed a crisp $50 bill by the vagabond's side.
"Cheer up," he said in a voice that would be as impossible to place as his face "brighter days are always round the corner."
After the initial wave of surprise died down, the homeless man attempted to utter what could pass for a genuine mention of thanks. But the man was already gone. The street dweller stared at his retreating figure for a second, already having forgotten how he looked. His mind quickly turned back to the $50 note and whether the liquor shops were still open. He would prove useless to the police afterwards, providing a grossly misleading description.
The man was far away now, and he smiled at what was about to come. A glorious backdrop was already set, maddening church bells crafted from writhing insanity started to ring. A reminder to attempt the midnight service.
For now, the man walked alone,
Yet while the crowds were empty,
His name was legion.
Last edited by Dreshand on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:33 am, edited 7 times in total.
This nation does not represent my views. Or maybe it does, who knows
PT, MT, PMT or FT nation depending on my mood. Expect eldritch shenanigans
Feel free to Tg me, I'm a very lonely person
There is no context where Hail Yuno is not relevant
Newsfeed: PSA: Stay indoors children//Land Reclamation Initiative Nonexistent as of today//A Thousand Cities will be judged//Weather: Sunny, dont give in//Law and Order: Lucien Folter: Killer or Victim?//

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:05 pm

Like it never existed...
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Without further ado:

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:15 pm

First Name: Todd
Sex: Male
Height, Weight, Build: Smaller. Weak. Malnourished.

Personality: Todd zones out a lot, and never speaks. If one could judge his personality based on this, it's that he is sometimes shy, other times very alert, other times in his own little world. Not quite in a vegetative state. Seems close to it sometimes, though.
Bio: Whatever Todd remembers, he's not saying. His ability to remember is difficult based on his inability to stay in what's happening now.

Powers / Abilities:
  • Selective Hearing - Todd can "tune out" other noises to focus on a single one. Makes it great if he's trying to pick out a specific conversation in a crowded room. Max range is 500 yards.
  • Sound Homing - Todd can track down where certain sounds come from, even if he is miles away.
  • Audio Recording and Playback - Todd's main method of communication. Since he doesn't speak, he can only playback various clips of speech he has heard. (And recorded). Despite Todd's condition, he still has an organized-enough mind to pick out various recordings and phrases he might want to say. Granted, it's not something he does often.
  • "Turn up the volume for me" - Under normal conditions, Todd is able to "turn the volume up" so that he hears and understand clearly whispers up to 500 yards away. This power is not "on" all the time, but must be activated in Todd's mind with his willpower.

• Todd's entire communication is based on what he has recorded. Therefore, his entire speech is limited to what he has heard.
  • Todd's hearing can be easily damaged, if he is listening with his enhanced hearing around loud noises.
  • Todd's tracking ability does not give him the ability to get to whatever he might decide to track. Normal obstacles will still prevent him from finding something blocked by them.

Medicinal drawbacks - a) Todd is only able to focus on distinct sounds 50 yards away.
b) Todd can only track sounds from about 100 yards away.
c) Todd's "recording system" ability doesn't always work.
d) Todd can hear clearly only up to 50 yards away.

Fears: Whatever he might be afraid of, it's kind of hard for him to tell a therapist about them.
Stance towards authority figures: Does "catatonic" count as a stance?
Other Medical Issues [Optional]: Todd is immobile and must be wheeled around in a wheelchair. Also, Todd is susceptible to getting sick. His smallish frame doesn't resist normal sicknesses well.
Psychological disorders [Optional]: No one is certain why Todd acts the way he does. Therapists have suggested that Todd may have suffered trauma (or several traumas) in his past, leading him to shut down to the outside world. It is suggested he has a severe form of autism.

RP Examples: I'll try to find one. Really I will.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:16 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:

First Name: You may call me Josuke.
-snip-

Haedros, I don't know about this one. It's outside the parameters of "super human" only. This is more of a super alien force that takes technological shape. I'm leaning toward "no" unless you can give me a good reason.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:34 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:

First Name: You may call me Josuke.
-snip-

Haedros, I don't know about this one. It's outside the parameters of "super human" only. This is more of a super alien force that takes technological shape. I'm leaning toward "no" unless you can give me a good reason.

He is a human soul stuck inside what is basically a huge tin can. The only special thing about it is how many joints it has, which allows him to move around. And by the way, the objects he possesses dont go all Toy Story and become flexible. He is heavily limited by what he possesses. If he possesses a plastic army man, it wont move like a person. It will move like a toy. Even if he possesses a powerful machine, he wouldnt be able to use the special functions it has. He can just move around. He is literally a really smart dude in a flexible metal suit. I guess he could also possess cadavers. His powers are only to put himself into a humanoid inanimate object (Like a mannequin) and steal physical properties of an object.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Without further ado:

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:40 pm

First Name: Fritz
Height, Weight, Build: 5'11 | 191 lbs | Muscular

Personality: Fritz is an incredibly angry individual. His anger stems from a feeling of loss he feels, though he doesn't quite understand where it originates. He has no sense of humor and oftentimes is resistant to what he's told to do or think. He is paranoid, not trusting anyone around him but also knowing full well that fighting outright would lead to a worse end-result than complying, albeit with much persuasion. Fritz is fond of children, though he can't remember if he ever had any of his own.
Bio: Sometimes while sleeping alone at night, Fritz feels a familiar rush of warm air fall over him. The sensation typically lasts for about fifteen seconds, where he feels relaxed and free from the prison he inhabits. Once in a blue moon the sensation is accompanied by the feeling of arms around his waist, though he can't be sure if this this spectral touch is his own imagination or something else entirely. He is oftentimes left with a desire to recover something lost following the sensation, he can never quite remember what it is that he lost.

When Fritz hears the sound of metal ringing, it sometimes triggers a sensation in his abdomen. This is most typically a sort of gut-wrenching pain. Fritz often drops immediately in response to the pain, writhing around on the floor or against a wall if he's close enough. This episode lasts for about two minutes but are incredibly intense for Fritz, he is immobilized with a feeling of incredible regret following these episodes. He also tends to feel as though his hands are on fire, though they never are, he has pegged this to the medicine that is given to him, despite the nurses telling him quite firmly that it has nothing to do with his hands.

Running in any fashion oftentimes gives Fritz a sensation of happiness. It usually washes over his body in a familiar way, making him wonder what caused him to feel the joy. His doctors tell him that its simply a side-effect of the medicine and for once, he believes it. He enjoys running due to the sensation it causes within him. Out of the sensations he experiences however, this one can be accompanied with warm images of a sunset and head radiating onto his skin, even if he's indoors and away from windows.

Powers / Abilities: Fritz is capable of Key Creation. If he comes into contact with a reasonably small piece of metal, such as a utensil, he can mold it into a key which can fit any lock. The metal cannot be more difficult to bend than steel, and not so easy as aluminum.

Realistic Power Drawbacks: Any key he creates can only be used a single time. Albeit he could create multiple keys for the same lock, after he uses a key that he's molded even once it becomes entirely unusable. Additionally a small hash-mark appears on his palm for every key he creates, only disappearing after he falls asleep. It takes about five minutes for him to mold a key.

Fears: Nurses and Doctors | Orcas | Needles
Stance towards authority figures: Paranoid and Resistant | Uses only enough violence as he thinks he can get away with.
Psychological disorders [Optional]: Sufferer of Capgras Delusion, though he doesn't know (or rather, remember) this yet.

Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add): N/A
RP Examples: I have three in my signature.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:41 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:

First Name: Fritz
Height, Weight, Build: 5'11 | 191 lbs | Muscular

Personality: Fritz is an incredibly angry individual. His anger stems from a feeling of loss he feels, though he doesn't quite understand where it originates. He has no sense of humor and oftentimes is resistant to what he's told to do or think. He is paranoid, not trusting anyone around him but also knowing full well that fighting outright would lead to a worse end-result than complying, albeit with much persuasion. Fritz is fond of children, though he can't remember if he ever had any of his own.
Bio: Sometimes while sleeping alone at night, Fritz feels a familiar rush of warm air fall over him. The sensation typically lasts for about fifteen seconds, where he feels relaxed and free from the prison he inhabits. Once in a blue moon the sensation is accompanied by the feeling of arms around his waist, though he can't be sure if this this spectral touch is his own imagination or something else entirely. He is oftentimes left with a desire to recover something lost following the sensation, he can never quite remember what it is that he lost.

When Fritz hears the sound of metal ringing, it sometimes triggers a sensation in his abdomen. This is most typically a sort of gut-wrenching pain. Fritz often drops immediately in response to the pain, writhing around on the floor or against a wall if he's close enough. This episode lasts for about two minutes but are incredibly intense for Fritz, he is immobilized with a feeling of incredible regret following these episodes. He also tends to feel as though his hands are on fire, though they never are, he has pegged this to the medicine that is given to him, despite the nurses telling him quite firmly that it has nothing to do with his hands.

Running in any fashion oftentimes gives Fritz a sensation of happiness. It usually washes over his body in a familiar way, making him wonder what caused him to feel the joy. His doctors tell him that its simply a side-effect of the medicine and for once, he believes it. He enjoys running due to the sensation it causes within him. Out of the sensations he experiences however, this one can be accompanied with warm images of a sunset and head radiating onto his skin, even if he's indoors and away from windows.

Powers / Abilities: Fritz is capable of Key Creation. If he comes into contact with a reasonably small piece of metal, such as a utensil, he can mold it into a key which can fit any lock. The metal cannot be more difficult to bend than steel, and not so easy as aluminum.

Realistic Power Drawbacks: Any key he creates can only be used a single time. Albeit he could create multiple keys for the same lock, after he uses a key that he's molded even once it becomes entirely unusable. Additionally a small hash-mark appears on his palm for every key he creates, only disappearing after he falls asleep. It takes about five minutes for him to mold a key.

Fears: Nurses and Doctors | Orcas | Needles
Stance towards authority figures: Paranoid and Resistant | Uses only enough violence as he thinks he can get away with.
Psychological disorders [Optional]: Sufferer of Capgras Delusion, though he doesn't know (or rather, remember) this yet.

Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add): N/A
RP Examples: I have three in my signature.

Now that is one particularly angry individual.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse