NATION

PASSWORD

Delirium (Meta, Mystery, WB, Escape?) - OOC, Dead

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Verdantderm Lands
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Verdantderm Lands » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Talchyon wrote:
The Verdantderm Lands wrote:First Name: Lupe
-snip-

Feel free to post either as Verdantderm or as the one you normally use. (I was TG'd). It's up to you. (If you want to use your other one more, let me know and I'll put it down that way in the roster).

Lupe is going to be an interesting addition. I look forward to seeing how she is going to work. Curious mixture.

Medicinal drawbacks: a) While Lupe can still produce pheromones as normal, they are not as effective. Normal people have a 60% chance to resist her suggestions (or suggestions from other dominant personalities).
b) Speed/efficiency is going to be only a little better on day 1 and 2; on days 3-4, 1 and a half times normal; on day 6, twice as much as normal.
c) lunar phase and time sensing is untouched by medicines.

If these are ok, Lupe is ACCEPTED!

This is acceptable to me.
Please accept.
“Give my people plenty of beer, good beer, and cheap beer, and you will have no revolution among them.”
-- Queen Victoria

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:14 pm

Hmm interesting.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:02 am

First Name: Nelson.

Sex: Male.

Height, Weight, Build: 6'2, 210 pounds, and somewhat average in terms of build.

Personality: Intensely religious, and spends much of his time reading, praying, drawing, or gardening. His drawings have become somewhat morbid lately, and he cannot figure out why as drawings depicting horrifying events become increasingly common from Nelson. Nelson is unsure of why this is, but his dreams will often contain spastic episodes of violence in which he is viewing from the first-person point of view someone inflicting terrible tragedies upon others. Despite this, and his eccentric aloof nature Nelson is quite a decent person to chat with. Lately, he has started to go further down his path of obsessing with religion, and death leading him to question his stay and the current reality.

Bio: A man walks down a street, and launches a horrific assault on his unfortunate victims before him as the night sky opens revealing a blood moon. The man turns and grins reveling in the blood as it springs out from the victim in front of him. The mans thought process is clouded as it all screams "blood, blood, blood!". Someone watches in horror as the man continues his onslaught, and they try to one. The man catches the person running, and does something horrid to them, the screams echoing in the night sky.

A person wakes and looks through a scope in what looks to be a ruined church tower. He is signaling to others in various locations and pointing down as he spots a man wearing a strange coat. It is the man from the previous memory who is stalking through the night's streets like a predator for a meal. The man with the rifle fires from the church tower as others follow suit lighting the nights skies with bullets, and gunpowder. After much fighting, and the death of several teammates the man in the tower, and the stranger are the only two left bloodied, and bruised.

The time lapses and the two wake up fighting under the cover of a blood moon as the man from the church tower desperately tries to kill the stranger in the coat. After battling for what feels like a whole night the two strike fatal blows on each other, and fall down bleeding on what appears to be a growing river which covers, and swallows them both. They both wake up to a chorus of individuals singing in haunting harmony as a glowing woman with a strange face glowing like a thousand suns washes them, and they and both the stranger and the rifleman break apart. Their souls start swirling in the river and merge together forming a new soul, and body. That face and body are that of Nelson, and the woman whispers something in an unknown tongue to him.

The only words that could be made out clearly are "communion of life". In this new body the former men rage before they join to become one new entity, and suddenly a gasp is heard almost as someone came back from drowning under water. A man in a white coat nearby yells for help, and people in guard uniforms grab the individual struggling to make sense of what is happening.

Powers / Abilities: (Up to 3 or 4).

A) Biokinesis.

B) Life and Death Manipulation.

C) Death Sense.

D) Peace Inducement.

Realistic Power Drawbacks:

A) *Complete resurrection works only with dead animals, and plants which is dependent entirely on how long they have been dead, what they died of, and how severe of an injury they sustained before death.

*Persons with chronic illnesses such as cancer feel their symptoms alleviate around him, but cannot be cured of it at the moment.

* Persons with terminal conditions who want more time must touch his hands, and give consent so they can get the precious time needed to say goodbye to friends, and family. The maximum days allowed has been a few weeks as each day given will cause Nelson to experience an ailment going from slight to severe. If it is more than two or three weeks Nelson risks his health going into permanent decline, and then death.

* His ability can passively help those with colds, flu, and minor illnesses feel much better within hours of exposure to him.

B) * If a person has used the time given by him to say their final goodbyes to friends, and family or has managed to do so without Nelson's help then they can approach him, and ask for what is called the "eternal gift of rest". After touching hands Nelson must ask "do you wish for eternal rest?" to which the participant must reply "yes, I do". This must be repeated three times, and Nelson then kisses them on the forehead sealing the pact. The person will always die painlessly, and not suffer, but depending on the severity of their end-stage illness will die peacefully asleep or fall asleep within minutes, and pass on to death.

* This power is bound by the "act of consent" a restriction which prevents it from working on healthy people or those who are under duress from outside influences when asking him. Only the dying of their own free will can ask, and receive this "last rite", and go into the "eternal rest of the grave".

* He can make underwatered plants look chipper again, and starving animals will become nourished by his power. Of course, the only negative about this is that it will flood the place with wild animals, but to Nelson all life is sacred.

C) * Death Sense is passive, and cannot be actively brought out, but only given to Nelson through strange dreams, and horrid visions.

* The sense will only let Nelson know a person is going to die, but will not tell them when it happens, why it happens, where it happens, or who will do it (if it is a murder). However, Nelson will experience increasing uneasiness as the persons time approaches if they are going to die of murder or a horrible accident.

* The Death Sense cannot be used to predict the future so don't even bother trying to ask Nelson that stuff.

D) * Peace inducement is a passive ability, and cannot be activated naturally, but will activate as a method of self defense if Nelson detects aggression.

*Normal people experiencing depression or other mental illnesses depending on the severity will experience a state of calm, but not be cured of their afflictions.

* Aggressive people will be flooded with doubt about committing aggressive actions.

* The more rage-prone a person is the stronger the peace inducement is, but it cannot overpower someone completely, and people can resist it.

* Suicidal people will experience a true sense of peace, and serenity around Nelson.

* Depending on the severity of a person aggression or mental illness the effects might last longer, but will eventually stop if they leave Nelson's company.

OP to decide on effects medications will have on powers

Fears: While Nelson has no fear of death he does fear, and outright revile those who cause suffering on others especially the helpless. The idea of suffering horrifies him into the core especially because he is afraid of what pain does to an animal or plant due to the fact he has become increasingly sensitive in dealing with them. A sticking point with Nelson are people who either due to passion or something else fly into an uncontrolled rage for whatever reason.

Stance towards authority figures: Neutral as his obsessions, and interests take hold with him more than trying to either become buddies with the administration or their enemies.

Other Medical Issues [Optional]:

Psychological disorders [Optional]: Traumatized by some mysterious past he finds violence, and all that's related to it to be extremely repulsive. While no a psychological disorder in, and of itself the constant nightmares, and strangely violent dreams, and drawings are concerning to staff. He is sometimes seen chatting with people that the staff and others know aren't there, but tolerate it in the hopes one day it will stop. Nelson, of course, insists the beings he is chatting with are quite real, and often refers to them as "souls who are lost, and haven't found the way yet". Nelson also adheres to a strict, and somewhat irrational need to correct what he views as the unjust dispersal or burial of the dead (mostly when the Janitor tries to deal with a dead animal or two).

Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add):

1) Due to his experience with animals, Nelson adamantly refuses to eat any meat save fish thus having a pescatarian diet for both ethical and religious reasons. He finds the taste of animals outside of fish, and shellfish to be vile, and will vomit them up if he finds out.

2) As a devoted Christian of the Episcopalian sect he keeps a bible, and a book of common prayer with him constantly. He will hopefully one day get a proper service of the Episcopalian rite provided every Sunday.

RP Examples:
Iron Curtain: First IC Post.
Last edited by Benuty on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:44 am

Benuty -

Not sure what you mean by life and death manipulation. Can you explain? Is this like suddenly wiping someone's life out? Making zombies? What? Also, if you would explain more of the other powers and what you see Nelson doing, with examples or something, that would help me out tremendously. Thanks.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:46 am

Hey guys -

If I have accepted your app and given medicinal drawbacks, please copy and paste what I wrote as your character's medicinal drawbacks into your character app. Thanks.

-Talc
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:38 am

Talchyon wrote:Benuty -

Not sure what you mean by life and death manipulation. Can you explain? Is this like suddenly wiping someone's life out? Making zombies? What? Also, if you would explain more of the other powers and what you see Nelson doing, with examples or something, that would help me out tremendously. Thanks.

1) Well due to the medication limiting it at the moments it's more like sending those dying of terminal illnesses (like the final weeks of end-stage four cancer) down the final path or giving them enough time to say goodbye to relatives (buying them maybe a month or two).

2) Creating zombies would be horrific, and isn't really Nelsons goal so much as his powers are for striving to either delay death, hasten it for those who want it, buying people time (depending on the disease it only works so well), or restoring things to a living condition i.e. a janitor hits a rat not killing it, but ensuring its death Nelson could if he acts fast enough set the rat back to normal condition. I know people tend to think of rats as a pest, but due to his whole outlook on life, and ritualistic attitudes toward life, and death he doesn't see it that way.

3) Biokinesis plays into life, and death manipulation, but more or so focuses on the balance and health of the body such as giving someone a healthier immune system so they don't get touches of flu as often or helping them out with a cough that has nagged them for months.

4) Death sense is a passive ability since he can't actively control it, and due to the medication, it is basically muddied to the point he knows something is wrong, and get uneasy around people (it won't explicitly let him know how they die or when). So basically he has to put on a brave face knowing at any moment said a person will die and is likely unable to do anything about it.

5) Peace inducement is another passive ability that generates a soft field of energy around Nelson that can suggest a person turn from mad to slightly less mad or even calm. A person who is more prone to rage, and thus addicted to hate, and uses it frequently might find the taste a bit duller around Nelson, but can still hate. A person thinking about pushing someone for cutting in front of them frequently might reconsider. Due to the medication, the influence cannot actively make a person calm and collected, but he or she will have to fight their own brain to resist the urge not to fight. I kind of have a backstory as to why Nelson has this specific power, and it has to do with the Bio's focus on that somewhat morbid memory.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:24 am

Talchyon wrote:Some apps!

Haedros 92712 wrote:
First Name: Markus
-snip-

Ok Haedros. Good writing on the Gotham RP. As I expected. Thanks also for the clarification on Markus' powers. If you would include that section here in Markus' powers to help describe them for me in the future, the section you wrote (at the beginning of your other app), that would be great.

As for medicinal disadvantages: Markus can steal kinetic energy only from things he can touch, and not just moving things that are in the armspan distance of Markus. (In other words, he would have a very hard time before a shooter). And, Markus can only channel about 10% more energy into something than he could normally throw it, so nothing at like a bullet's velocity.

If these are ok, then Markus / Hyde is ACCEPTED.

And for your other app (which multiple characters are completely fine!)

Haedros 92712 wrote:
First Name: Lucas O’Driscoll
-snip-

First, nice touch with the memories being only letters. Intriguing.

I like Lucas. Ok, medicinal drawbacks.
a) Going with my rule of thumb of 10% effectiveness, the distance for Lucas' mental probe is 300 meters.
b) He also has more difficulty communicating his own thoughts to other minds than reading theirs. I'll give about a 75% efficacy of reading minds, and about a 25% chance of communicating thoughts.
c) Emotions can be seeded without difficulty, but they will be lesser versions of these emotions. (e.g., instead of fury, a person Lucas tries to make furious will get more annoyed. Instead of depression, a person Lucas tries to make depressed will feel discouraged).

If you can go with these, then Lucas is also ACCEPTED.

Auphelia wrote:
First Name: Eleanor
-snip-

Eleanor will be a good addition. Nice power set. Creative. A very good spy. Also, I thought your reference to Sizzlean was hilarious, that being the word that I chose to seek out future apps.

Medicinal drawbacks - Going with the general rule of thumb of everything at 10%, Eleanor can only sense / perceive/ project senses up to 200 meters away.

If that's ok with you, then Eleanor is ACCEPTED!

The Verdantderm Lands wrote:First Name: Lupe
-snip-

Feel free to post either as Verdantderm or as the one you normally use. (I was TG'd). It's up to you. (If you want to use your other one more, let me know and I'll put it down that way in the roster).

Lupe is going to be an interesting addition. I look forward to seeing how she is going to work. Curious mixture.

Medicinal drawbacks: a) While Lupe can still produce pheromones as normal, they are not as effective. Normal people have a 60% chance to resist her suggestions (or suggestions from other dominant personalities).
b) Speed/efficiency is going to be only a little better on day 1 and 2; on days 3-4, 1 and a half times normal; on day 6, twice as much as normal.
c) lunar phase and time sensing is untouched by medicines.

If these are ok, Lupe is ACCEPTED!

Alright, I accept my conditions.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Benuty wrote:
Talchyon wrote:Benuty -

1) Well due to the medication limiting it at the moments it's more like sending those dying of terminal illnesses (like the final weeks of end-stage four cancer) down the final path or giving them enough time to say goodbye to relatives (buying them maybe a month or two).

2) Creating zombies would be horrific, and isn't really Nelsons goal so much as his powers are for striving to either delay death, hasten it for those who want it, buying people time (depending on the disease it only works so well), or restoring things to a living condition i.e. a janitor hits a rat not killing it, but ensuring its death Nelson could if he acts fast enough set the rat back to normal condition. I know people tend to think of rats as a pest, but due to his whole outlook on life, and ritualistic attitudes toward life, and death he doesn't see it that way.

3) Biokinesis plays into life, and death manipulation, but more or so focuses on the balance and health of the body such as giving someone a healthier immune system so they don't get touches of flu as often or helping them out with a cough that has nagged them for months.

4) Death sense is a passive ability since he can't actively control it, and due to the medication, it is basically muddied to the point he knows something is wrong, and get uneasy around people (it won't explicitly let him know how they die or when). So basically he has to put on a brave face knowing at any moment said a person will die and is likely unable to do anything about it.

5) Peace inducement is another passive ability that generates a soft field of energy around Nelson that can suggest a person turn from mad to slightly less mad or even calm. A person who is more prone to rage, and thus addicted to hate, and uses it frequently might find the taste a bit duller around Nelson, but can still hate. A person thinking about pushing someone for cutting in front of them frequently might reconsider. Due to the medication, the influence cannot actively make a person calm and collected, but he or she will have to fight their own brain to resist the urge not to fight. I kind of have a backstory as to why Nelson has this specific power, and it has to do with the Bio's focus on that somewhat morbid memory.

Benuty - Just so you know, let me be a little more clear. You tell me the powers and realistic drawbacks. I then give additional drawbacks due to the medicines. If you're ok with the drawbacks I suggest, then things progress as normal. But if you're not ok with the medicinal drawbacks I give, talk to me and we can work something out. But players don't get to make their medicinal drawbacks.

So basically, tell me what you see the power as doing full force with your realistic drawbacks, like you would have in any other meta RP. Then, I will also prescribe additional medicinal drawbacks.

As it sounds, I think the ability to help speed the process of death along is too OP. I am denying this form of life and death manipulation. Not saying other things can't be done with this category. But any ability to help people die easier can be easily misused, not to mention put other players into great disadvantage, and in general cause other problems. I will think about the healing.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:22 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Benuty wrote:1) Well due to the medication limiting it at the moments it's more like sending those dying of terminal illnesses (like the final weeks of end-stage four cancer) down the final path or giving them enough time to say goodbye to relatives (buying them maybe a month or two).

Benuty - Just so you know, let me be a little more clear. You tell me the powers and realistic drawbacks. I then give additional drawbacks due to the medicines. If you're ok with the drawbacks I suggest, then things progress as normal. But if you're not ok with the medicinal drawbacks I give, talk to me and we can work something out. But players don't get to make their medicinal drawbacks.

So basically, tell me what you see the power as doing full force with your realistic drawbacks, like you would have in any other meta RP. Then, I will also prescribe additional medicinal drawbacks.

As it sounds, I think the ability to help speed the process of death along is too OP. I am denying this form of life and death manipulation. Not saying other things can't be done with this category. But any ability to help people die easier can be easily misused, not to mention put other players into great disadvantage, and in general cause other problems. I will think about the healing.

I am going to provide a counterpoint to the last part here since with all things considered I respectfully disagree.

A) The characters nature and trauma prohibit the use of this power on offensive grounds because I am trying to run an almost pacificistic playthrough. I understand fights will happen, but I am playing this more for the mystery than the offensive combat expectations.

B) Unless the person I am fighting with has stage four cancer or is at the end of some horrible illness my powers (in that regard) limited as they are aren't going to affect them. Of course given the characters intense obsession with life, and death he isn't going out of his way to kill living beings unless he has to absolutely necessarily do so which is going to be exceedingly rare, if at all.

C) I am not trying to run a mary sue character since the character has a very flawed background as the biography hints at. So my point is summarized in the fact that the character won't misuse the ability offensively (or for that matter even defensively) due to psychological, and moral restrictions placed on him by both you, and something far greater (hinted at in the biography).

That said I am willing to restrict it further (to limited uses per day), but I don't feel the power at least with my intentions for this character, and his overarching backstory I have in mind (should the OP accept it) is going to be misused or far too OP.
Last edited by Benuty on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Benuty wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

I am going to provide a counterpoint to the last part here since with all things considered I respectfully disagree.

A) The characters nature and trauma prohibit the use of this power on offensive grounds because I am trying to run an almost pacificistic playthrough. I understand fights will happen, but I am playing this more for the mystery than the offensive combat expectations.

B) Unless the person I am fighting with has stage four cancer or is at the end of some horrible illness my powers (in that regard) limited as they are aren't going to affect them. Of course given the characters intense obsession with life, and death he isn't going out of his way to kill living beings unless he has to absolutely necessarily do so which is going to be exceedingly rare, if at all.

C) I am not trying to run a mary sue character since the character has a very flawed background as the biography hints at. So my point is summarized in the fact that the character won't misuse the ability offensively (or for that matter even defensively) due to psychological, and moral restrictions placed on him by both you, and something far greater (hinted at in the biography).

That said I am willing to restrict it further (to limited uses per day), but I don't feel the power at least with my intentions for this character, and his overarching backstory I have in mind (should the OP accept it) is going to be misused or far too OP.

Hey Benuty.

I do like it when a player defends his case. Thanks for the good input. I would not want you to play a Mary Sue type character. I kind of see Nelson right now as someone resembling a Jainist (Hindu-association that wants to preserve all life, will sweep away ants so they won't step on them, etc.).

Now, I'm wanting to be clear, because it sounded like you were trying to set the medicinal drawbacks yourself. I'm asking you for the height of Nelson's powers. And if that is simply helping along a stage-4 cancer victim to the grave, so be it. But I got the sense that you were also setting the medicinal drawbacks for the psychiatric medicine. And just to remind you, the OP is in charge of that. Whatever you tell me, I will assume is the maximum amount of power your characters can do.

Just with Nelson - So I'm clear, Nelson's life/death power - (without the medicinal drawbacks I will provide later) - seems to be that he can a) help speed along death for those already dying, and b) help prolong life. And not necessarily for the dying, but also for regular illnesses (e.g., flu). So kind of a biokinetic healer. If that's the limit of Nelson's death power - without the medicinal drawbacks I will provide later, than that's one thing. But if this is Nelson with medicinal drawbacks you're requesting, that's another. (Because, first of all, that's encroaching on the OP's job as under the app).

I hear where you're coming from, and can see that with the limitations you set out, it would be rather unlikely for Nelson to bring about death. However, there is another character here who has the power of suggestion, and can strongly influence Nelson to cause death. If that's where his normal death ability would be without the hindrance of the psychiatric medicine, Nelson could easily take out others. See what I'm saying? If Nelson can outright kill someone (a regular joe, or even another super character) just by his death power, apart from the medication, than that is too OP - whether or not he would do it is not the issue. It's me hearing that he could.

And I could be hearing it wrong. I'm not saying no to Nelson, just help clarify for me here please. And thank you again for standing up for your character idea. I appreciate the discussion.
Last edited by Talchyon on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:36 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Benuty wrote:

Hey Benuty.

I do like it when a player defends his case. Thanks for the good input. I would not want you to play a Mary Sue type character. I kind of see Nelson right now as someone resembling a Jainist (Hindu-association that wants to preserve all life, will sweep away ants so they won't step on them, etc.).

Now, I'm wanting to be clear, because it sounded like you were trying to set the medicinal drawbacks yourself. I'm asking you for the height of Nelson's powers. And if that is simply helping along a stage-4 cancer victim to the grave, so be it. But I got the sense that you were also setting the medicinal drawbacks for the psychiatric medicine. And just to remind you, the OP is in charge of that. Whatever you tell me, I will assume is the maximum amount of power your characters can do.

Just with Nelson - So I'm clear, Nelson's life/death power - (without the medicinal drawbacks I will provide later) - seems to be that he can a) help speed along death for those already dying, and b) help prolong life. And not necessarily for the dying, but also for regular illnesses (e.g., flu). So kind of a biokinetic healer. If that's the limit of Nelson's death power - without the medicinal drawbacks I will provide later, than that's one thing. But if this is Nelson with medicinal drawbacks you're requesting, that's another. (Because, first of all, that's encroaching on the OP's job as under the app).

I hear where you're coming from, and can see that with the limitations you set out, it would be rather unlikely for Nelson to bring about death. However, there is another character here who has the power of suggestion, and can strongly influence Nelson to cause death. If that's where his normal death ability would be without the hindrance of the psychiatric medicine, Nelson could easily take out others. See what I'm saying? If Nelson can outright kill someone (a regular joe, or even another super character) just by his death power, apart from the medication, than that is too OP - whether or not he would do it is not the issue. It's me hearing that he could.

And I could be hearing it wrong. I'm not saying no to Nelson, just help clarify for me here, please. And thank you again for standing up for your character idea. I appreciate the discussion.

After carefully considering your argument I can see the logic in rephrasing, and thus limiting the maximum power of the life, and death manipulation to something weaker (regarding death). Thus making it so even without medication the power would at most apply to those nearing the grave already and rendering the power of a certain character in regards to suggestion a bit of a wasted effort. Is this acceptable enough to change the application, and begin negotiating drawbacks?

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:58 pm

First Name: Abigail “Abbie” Bellamy
Sex: F.
Height, Weight, Build: 7'3", 210 lbs, athletic/lithe but feminine build.
Appearance: Abbie is extremely tall, and her figure is obviously feminine but isn't a cliche supermodel's build; rather, she has an obviously athletic and toned body that is rather lithe - especially thin in her limbs, to the point where her hands allow one to see her individual finger bones and joints. Her fingers are also rather long. Her skin is a light caramel in terms of color, with her hair being black and curly - draping down to near her elbows. She has heterochromatic eyes, with her left eye being amber in color and her right eye being hazel-green.

Personality: Abbie, generally speaking, has a rather cautious and paranoid personality. She is quick to jump to conclusions and has trouble breaking off scheduled patterns. But, almost paradoxically, she can also be rather manipulative and vindictive when she wants to be - and almost unfeeling or unsympathetic in her mannerisms. However, this isn't a case of multiple personalities - instead, it is believed that one or the other aspect of her personality is a protective mechanism that has been built up, and is bordering on being 'fake' behavior so as to protect herself. Whether or not this is yet another series of manipulations has yet to be determined.

Bio: So much noise. Like the screaming of a crowd. There's blood, and a stench of something burning to a crisp. It smells like cooked flesh. And there's pain. So much pain, painpainpainpainpainpainpainPAINPAINPAIN-. (Memory One.)

A scenery of green. Greens and blues. It smells like spring, though nothing feels quite right. Everything's... off. Wrong. It is her but not, no, wait. It's something else. Something in the dark shadows of the - are those trees? Yes, the trees of a nearby forest. A woman's voice calls for her. Mother? (Memory Two.)

It's dark. Fear, terror. Nothing else; just the overwhelming sense of fear and terror. Have to get out, to get free, outfreeoutfree- focus. FOCUS. There's something wrong, here. And then freedom is achieved, yet she's in someplace cold. Water falls on her. Rain. Yes, rain. Why is it raining? There's stone nearby. Lots of stones, some have words on them. But the words are unable to be deciphered. (Memory Three.)

Powers / Abilities: Static Regeneration: Abbie seems to have an involuntary healing factor. It will always regenerate her into a “prime” condition, even considering cut hair damage. On the other hand, it stops when she's in this “prime” condition, as though she is in stasis - unaging, unchanging unless she has to regrow into this state. She cannot get sick or poisoned.

From the Cradle: Abbie's hands seem to be able to cover themselves in a thin material; this material makes her hands extremely “sharp,” allowing her to “cut” through most inorganic materials. It is extremely toxic and poisonous to organic material, digesting through it like an acid.

Unto the Grave: Abbie's touch can cause things to decay rather rapidly when she isn't covering them with her odd material, and this decay causes things to act as though they are crumbling into ash as though extremely heated despite no heat occurring.

Realistic Power Drawbacks: Static Hygienics: As a result of her regeneration, Abbie is rather unable to move beyond a certain level of hygiene, as getting 'cleaner' than normal is considered an attack and her regeneration somehow duplicate various specks of dirt and bacterias. A perpetual state of “unclean” that is also not quite dirty. Teeth will regrow if they rot out, though this takes a very long time.

No Touching: Abbie can't help her touch powers; they happen automatically. She either rots something, or cuts through/digests it. Very minimal middle ground.

Drug Effects: I. Abbie can get sick, but not as strong. Basically, her regeneration has slowed to a tenth of the speed. So while she can heal as she would normally, it will take longer.

II. Abbie's film can cut through inorganic material, but at a much slower pace. Think, like instead of scissors, like a slow-moving blowtorch on a thick door. It'll get there. Eventually. For organic material, it's reduced to more of a mild skin irritation instead of a toxic acid-like effect. People still won't want to hug her. But they won't turn into a puddle of goo if they do for a long time. More like, they'll have to take Benadryl and other skin treatments.

III. Decay happens slowly by Abbie's touch. First, there will be a noticeable but small black spot. This will eventually (say, within a half day) turn into a bigger black spot, etc. until about ten days later, then it may crumble into ash if it hasn't been treated first. (I will consider if it can be treated at all. Right now, I don't know. Could be fun if it can't. But also could mess with things I have in mind. We'll see).

Fears: Being alone. Crowds. Being touched.
Stance towards authority figures: Depends on her personal relationship, but generally distrustful as a result of her mental health issues.
Other Medical Issues: Possible gigantism; believed to be the cause of her height/size/figure, along with her regeneration both halting it and forcing her to remain this way.
Psychological disorders: OCD, Paranoid Personality Disorder, demonstrating symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder.

Miscellaneous: She is uncomfortable in group therapy (and is thus less likely to share things), and can only be one-on-one with a therapist who has an established relationship with her.
RP Examples: You know me, Talc. ;)
Last edited by The V O I D on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:00 pm

VOID now here is a person I haven't seen in some time.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:07 pm

Benuty wrote:
Talchyon wrote:
Hey Benuty.

And I could be hearing it wrong. I'm not saying no to Nelson, just help clarify for me here, please. And thank you again for standing up for your character idea. I appreciate the discussion.

After carefully considering your argument I can see the logic in rephrasing, and thus limiting the maximum power of the life, and death manipulation to something weaker (regarding death). Thus making it so even without medication the power would at most apply to those nearing the grave already and rendering the power of a certain character in regards to suggestion a bit of a wasted effort. Is this acceptable enough to change the application, and begin negotiating drawbacks?

Yeah, something like that would be great. Re-craft your app, and then I'll look it over and suggest medicinal drawbacks.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Updated Application with realistic drawbacks.

Postby Benuty » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:27 pm

Benuty wrote:

Sex: Male.

Height, Weight, Build: 6'2, 210 pounds, and somewhat average in terms of build.

Personality: Intensely religious, and spends much of his time reading, praying, drawing, or gardening. His drawings have become somewhat morbid lately, and he cannot figure out why as drawings depicting horrifying events become increasingly common from Nelson. Nelson is unsure of why this is, but his dreams will often contain spastic episodes of violence in which he is viewing from the first-person point of view someone inflicting terrible tragedies upon others. Despite this, and his eccentric aloof nature Nelson is quite a decent person to chat with. Lately, he has started to go further down his path of obsessing with religion, and death leading him to question his stay and the current reality.

Bio: A man walks down a street, and launches a horrific assault on his unfortunate victims before him as the night sky opens revealing a blood moon. The man turns and grins reveling in the blood as it springs out from the victim in front of him. The mans thought process is clouded as it all screams "blood, blood, blood!". Someone watches in horror as the man continues his onslaught, and they try to one. The man catches the person running, and does something horrid to them, the screams echoing in the night sky.

A person wakes and looks through a scope in what looks to be a ruined church tower. He is signaling to others in various locations and pointing down as he spots a man wearing a strange coat. It is the man from the previous memory who is stalking through the night's streets like a predator for a meal. The man with the rifle fires from the church tower as others follow suit lighting the nights skies with bullets, and gunpowder. After much fighting, and the death of several teammates the man in the tower, and the stranger are the only two left bloodied, and bruised.

The time lapses and the two wake up fighting under the cover of a blood moon as the man from the church tower desperately tries to kill the stranger in the coat. After battling for what feels like a whole night the two strike fatal blows on each other, and fall down bleeding on what appears to be a growing river which covers, and swallows them both. They both wake up to a chorus of individuals singing in haunting harmony as a glowing woman with a strange face glowing like a thousand suns washes them, and they and both the stranger and the rifleman break apart. Their souls start swirling in the river and merge together forming a new soul, and body. That face and body are that of Nelson, and the woman whispers something in an unknown tongue to him.

The only words that could be made out clearly are "communion of life". In this new body the former men rage before they join to become one new entity, and suddenly a gasp is heard almost as someone came back from drowning under water. A man in a white coat nearby yells for help, and people in guard uniforms grab the individual struggling to make sense of what is happening.

Powers / Abilities: (Up to 3 or 4).

A) Biokinesis.
* At full power Nelson most likely could heal any, and all people of all diseases save for the most terminal, and even then buy those people a few years rather than the weeks he is currently able to give them. He currently expends a small amount of energy to revitalize dead plants, and small animals, but in theory, if his powers were unrestricted he could after expending a tremendous amount of injury bring the dead back to life if the body was relatively undamaged. This most likely would wear him out, and sap him of power for days or weeks, but at the cost of resurrecting life, the price is worth it.

B) Life and Death Manipulation.

*The Ultimate Sacrifice: Nelson in a time of dire circumstances if he were to see no choice would at full power practice the ritual of the ultimate sacrifice. There is no greater sacrifice than giving ones life in service to others, and if he were on the verge of death with no turning back the ultimate sacrifice could be invoked. This isn't an offensive counter action, but one of pure non-violent defense buying his friends vital time if they are in situation that requires it.

* Passing the Gift: If Nelson senses death is unavoidable then he would simply begin what he refers to as the "ritual of the gift". Touching a chosen person, and reciting the line "do you accept this gift?" three times requires they answer yes to each one or it won't work. After that the person of choice will be marked, and upon Nelsons death begin to slowly receive his gifts as the work to preserve the communion of life must go on even in his death.

*If at full power his abilities when it comes to life manipulation would most likely see an evolution of sorts. A passive ability where plants and animals of all kind would either resurrect, become nourished, or healthy if they crossed his path. His active ability would be useful in aiding with injuries such as broken limbs or alleviating conditions which could prove fatal if untreated (such as blood poisoning) or bullet wounds.

* His power of death manipulation is restricted by the "act of consent" a clause of sorts in which it may only work on the dying who give consent of their own free will, and without duress. Regardless of medication or not the active modifier of "act of consent", and Nelson's morality will prevent this ability from ever becoming an offensive option even if Nelson were to fall under a suggestive state.

C) Death Sense.
* At full power his death sense would still remain a passive ability, but in theory, he might be able to pierce the "veil", and gain knowledge that could aid in preserving the lives of future murder, and accident victims. That said his power will never be strong enough to tell him who is doing the murdering or their reasoning for doing so, but he could potentially at least keep the person alive long enough for others to find out. This power at full could also be a double edge sword since he could very well trap himself, and the victim with the murderer while trying to keep them safe.

D) Peace Inducement.

* Currently this is a passive ability activated in self defense when Nelson feels threatened. That said at full power it can be an active ability, but given the type of power this is it has no ability to harm people. For a portion of his health the most aggressive person could experience a state of calm that can last for hours, days, or even years, but a sacrifice has to be made the greater the timespan is. Mentally ill people especially those with depression can experience a state of serenity, and transcendence over time by spending time with Nelson. Should he actively choose to "treat" them at the cost of his health their problems could go away for a while.

A person addicted to their inner turmoil, hate, and rage will find this addiction less tantalizing, and their reliance on these things less useful. It might even make them reconsider their life choices, but that is for them to make rather than Nelson. This power has an especially positive effect on the suicidal and could save quite a few lives if Nelson got around to walking the world.

A) *Complete resurrection works only with dead animals, and plants which is dependent entirely on how long they have been dead, what they died of, and how severe of an injury they sustained before death.

*Persons with chronic illnesses such as cancer feel their symptoms alleviate around him, but cannot be cured of it at the moment.

* Persons with terminal conditions who want more time must touch his hands, and give consent so they can get the precious time needed to say goodbye to friends, and family. The maximum days allowed has been a few weeks as each day given will cause Nelson to experience an ailment going from slight to severe. If it is more than two or three weeks Nelson risks his health going into permanent decline, and then death.

* His ability can passively help those with colds, flu, and minor illnesses feel much better within hours of exposure to him.

B) * If a person has used the time given by him to say their final goodbyes to friends, and family or has managed to do so without Nelson's help then they can approach him, and ask for what is called the "eternal gift of rest". After touching hands Nelson must ask "do you wish for eternal rest?" to which the participant must reply "yes, I do". This must be repeated three times, and Nelson then kisses them on the forehead sealing the pact. The person will always die painlessly, and not suffer, but depending on the severity of their end-stage illness will die peacefully asleep or fall asleep within minutes, and pass on to death.

* This power is bound by the "act of consent" a restriction which prevents it from working on healthy people or those who are under duress from outside influences when asking him. Only the dying of their own free will can ask, and receive this "last rite", and go into the "eternal rest of the grave".

* He can make underwatered plants look chipper again, and starving animals will become nourished by his power. Of course, the only negative about this is that it will flood the place with wild animals, but to Nelson all life is sacred.

C) * Death Sense is passive, and cannot be actively brought out, but only given to Nelson through strange dreams, and horrid visions.

* The sense will only let Nelson know a person is going to die, but will not tell them when it happens, why it happens, where it happens, or who will do it (if it is a murder). However, Nelson will experience increasing uneasiness as the persons time approaches if they are going to die of murder or a horrible accident.

* The Death Sense cannot be used to predict the future so don't even bother trying to ask Nelson that stuff.

D) * Peace inducement is a passive ability, and cannot be activated naturally, but will activate as a method of self defense if Nelson detects aggression.

*Normal people experiencing depression or other mental illnesses depending on the severity will experience a state of calm, but not be cured of their afflictions.

* Aggressive people will be flooded with doubt about committing aggressive actions.

* The more rage-prone a person is the stronger the peace inducement is, but it cannot overpower someone completely, and people can resist it.

* Suicidal people will experience a true sense of peace, and serenity around Nelson.

* Depending on the severity of a person aggression or mental illness the effects might last longer, but will eventually stop if they leave Nelson's company.

Fears: While Nelson has no fear of death he does fear, and outright revile those who cause suffering on others especially the helpless. The idea of suffering horrifies him into the core especially because he is afraid of what pain does to an animal or plant due to the fact he has become increasingly sensitive in dealing with them. A sticking point with Nelson are people who either due to passion or something else fly into an uncontrolled rage for whatever reason.

Stance towards authority figures: Neutral as his obsessions, and interests take hold with him more than trying to either become buddies with the administration or their enemies.

Other Medical Issues [Optional]:

Psychological disorders [Optional]: Traumatized by some mysterious past he finds violence, and all that's related to it to be extremely repulsive. While no a psychological disorder in, and of itself the constant nightmares, and strangely violent dreams, and drawings are concerning to staff. He is sometimes seen chatting with people that the staff and others know aren't there, but tolerate it in the hopes one day it will stop. Nelson, of course, insists the beings he is chatting with are quite real, and often refers to them as "souls who are lost, and haven't found the way yet". Nelson also adheres to a strict, and somewhat irrational need to correct what he views as the unjust dispersal or burial of the dead (mostly when the Janitor tries to deal with a dead animal or two).

1) Due to his experience with animals, Nelson adamantly refuses to eat any meat save fish thus having a pescatarian diet for both ethical and religious reasons. He finds the taste of animals outside of fish, and shellfish to be vile, and will vomit them up if he finds out.

2) As a devoted Christian of the Episcopalian sect he keeps a bible, and a book of common prayer with him constantly. He will hopefully one day get a proper service of the Episcopalian rite provided every Sunday.

RP Examples:
Iron Curtain: First IC Post.
Last edited by Benuty on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Benuty wrote:VOID now here is a person I haven't seen in some time.

Greetings, Benuty.

I am not as active as I used to be, I'll admit. Trying to get back into things.

How've you been?

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:10 pm

First Name: Patient - 000 "Invisible Man"
Sex: Male
Height, Weight, Build: Above average height, average weight and strength

Personality: Haven't shown any signs of hostility yet; can be inferred that he is friendly and supportive. A bit of a prankster yet shown signs of adult maturity.
Bio: Most people used to have an imaginary friend, but the Invisible Man is the imaginary friend. At least until he was tired that people keep saying he doesn't exist.

But he did exist and he proved it when he started showing up in family pictures dressed in silly costumes or in a black suit and tie.

Now he has no friends nor is a friend to someone else. Just himself and the adults that believe that he exist.

Powers / Abilities:

Sightless: The Invisible Man cannot be seen by the naked eye nor can he be detected by heat vision, x-ray, and RADAR. Even recording devices cannot see him until after the footage or picture is reviewed.

Other Senses:The Invisible Man can be detected through sound, touch, and smell. Even animals such as dogs, cats, and horses can indicate his presence by barking or staring heavily in his direction.

Other Means: Mirrors and still water will reflect the Invisible Man's appearance including his clothes at any given time. Pictures and recorded video footage will also show the Invisible Man.

Medicinal drawbacks - As a rule of thumb, I am making medicinal drawbacks at 10% efficacy. For I.M. then, he will appear somewhat transparent, as if he were a "foggy glass" or made of wisps of gas. This will show up to the naked eye as well as to camera, etc.

Fears: Sometimes exhibit child fears such as darkness and spiders but at other times, he doesn't understand what fear is nor realize that he should be afraid.
Stance towards authority figures: Cooperative if neutral
Other Medical Issues: Amazingly enough, the Invisible Man has no facial features such as eyes, nose, ears, and mouth. This begs the question how the Invisible Man can survive with food or water.
Psychological disorders: To be determined.

Miscellaneous: The Invisible Man is quite fond of children and animals, even if the animals aren't fond of him.
The Invisible Man's other names that the staff can call him is I.M., He, the Faceless Man, or what the kids call him: Mr. Smiley.
RP Examples:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=451782
Last edited by Union Princes on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:47 pm

Benuty wrote:
-snip-

Benuty, this is looking a lot better. It's very close. If you would do one more thing to finalize this, I would greatly appreciate it. And that is, describe under "powers" what Nelson should normally be able to do, if he were using his powers and not under any kind of medicinal psychiatric drugs. Thanks.

The V O I D wrote:First Name: Abigail “Abbie” Bellamy
-snip-

Hi Void. Thanks for coming back to RPing, and I'm glad you're here. I like Abbie. Good memory shards, interesting powers, and I can definitely see how group therapy would not benefit her right away. She needs someone to trust. (I think there are going to be some doctors she might latch on to emotionally - understanding types).

Here are my suggestions for medicinal drawbacks: a) Abbie can get sick, but not as strong. Basically, her regeneration has slowed to a tenth of the speed. So while she can heal as she would normally, it will take longer.
b) "From the cradle" - Abbie's film can cut through inorganic material, but at a much slower pace. Think, like instead of scissors, like a slow moving blowtorch on a thick door. It'll get there. Eventually. For organic material, it's reduced to more of a mild skin irritation instead of a toxic acid-like effect. People still won't want to hug her. But they won't turn into a puddle of goo if they do for a long time. More like, they'll have to take Benadryl and other skin treatments.
c) "From the grave" - Decay happens slowly by Abbie's touch. First, there will be a noticeable but small black spot. This will eventually (say, within a half day) turn into a bigger black spot, etc. until about ten days later, then it may crumble into ash if it hasn't been treated first. (I will consider if it can be treated at all. Right now, I don't know. Could be fun if it can't. But also could mess with things I have in mind. We'll see).

If you can accept these limitations, then Abbie is ACCEPTED.

Union Princes wrote:First Name: Patient - 000 "Invisible Man"

-snip-

Hi Union. First, when I found your writing sample in Song of Heroes, I thought it was really well-written. So that's excellent, and thought you'd like to know.

I do think the staff is going to call the Invisible Man by a name. He might not say anything, and they might not know he's there, but I think they will try to call it out as if they could see him and know that he's present, just to acknowledge him as a real person too. That said, if you want a particular name for the staff to call him, let me know.

Medicinal drawbacks - As a rule of thumb, I am making medicinal drawbacks at 10% efficacy. For I.M. then, he will appear somewhat transparent, as if he were a "foggy glass" or made of wisps of gas. This will show up to the naked eye as well as to camera, etc.

If these are acceptable, then the Invisible Man is ACCEPTED.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm

First Name: Belinda
Sex: Female
Height, Weight, Build: Average. A little on the smaller side of average.

Personality: Suspicious, guarded, cautious.
Bio: -The smell of fresh bread in a green kitchen, with outdated appliances, natural light, an older matronly woman putting the bread on a cooling rack.

- Staring into the blue sky while the young man next to her takes her hand, and whispers something to her.

- A dark place, walking on a hard surface. Suddenly, two bright lights come at her and the two people she's with. And then, several things snapping.

-A man in a blue mask, taking her firmly by the shoulders, herself weeping. The man brings her in no uncertain terms into an office building...

Powers / Abilities: Solid Merging - Belinda can merge her physical form into objects of the same size or larger, such as walls, floors, large desks, etc. While in this state, Belinda can travel and reappear at any place where the physical object continues to exist. So, if she merges into a wall, she can travel through that same wall (without turning corners) and come out the other side.

Matter Melding - Belinda is able to combine two or more solid objects together into one big solid object. This can make bigger weapons, longer poles, larger shields, etc.

• Belinda is not able to turn corners, or travel extensively by her solid merging. If she merges into a wall, she can only go as far as that one wall goes. That means, she can't enter a building at one side and automatically end up at the other side. She'd have to go through each wall at a time.
  • Belinda's Matter Meld rarely makes anything more advanced. If she were to meld two guns together, they would not become a more powerful gun, but a clump of metal that wouldn't fire from either weapon.

Medicinal drawbacks
  • Belinda can only merge into a solid 10% of the way while on her medicines. That means, she can't pass through walls or the floor.
  • Belinda can only merge small items together, like staplers or pencils. Nothing huge.

Fears: Being trapped in here the rest of her life.
Stance towards authority figures: Suspicious. Will go along with the program - because she has seen what happens if people don't. But she is actively trying to fight the system as secretively as she can.
Other Medical Issues [Optional]: None.
Psychological disorders [Optional]: Some OCD.

Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add): None.
RP Examples: I'll have to find one...

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:00 am

First Name: Alyssa Jamie (Or A.J.)
Sex: Female
Height, Weight, Build: 6’1, 189 lbs, thin

Personality: Alyssa is a strange, quiet girl. She clings heavily to younger staff members, especially females. She is oddly scared and tending to avoid other patients. She barely ever talks, making her an enigma so far as patients are concerned, as her emotions are damn near unreadable. She is incredibly guarded and distant, and even comes off as absentminded, always staring off into space. When staff are involved, she always remains close to them, almost seeming as if she wants the staff to "protect" her from other patients.
Bio:
"Hey, A.J., got any plans tonight?"
"Sorry... I uh, I can't. Rain check?"
"Uh.. yeah. How about Tuesday? That new shopping mall opens up then. How about it?"
"Uh...w-well, sure. I'd have to double check...but... yeah."
"Alright! Cool beans... do people still say that?"
"Did people ever say that?"
"Heh. Maybe they didn't."
"*extra awkward laugh* Anyways... I have to..."
"Oh, yeah... well, erm.. bye."

"Hey. Uh, you mind if I ask you something?"
"What's up?"
"About last week... what did you mean when you said-"
"Oh, that? Don't pay any mind to that. Just some stupid nonsense."
"But..."
"Like I said, forget it."
"Oh... well, okay."
"Thanks... sorry, I shouldn't of said anything."
"Well, I also wanted to thank you... for taking me out Tuesday."
"Ah, that's no big thing."
"Well still... thanks. "

"Shh!"
"Ma-!"
"I said shh! Do you want to get us killed?"
"K-killed?! What do you mean?"
"I'm sorry...sorry you got mixed up in all this."
"Mixed up in wh-!"
"There you are you little shit!"
"W-wait! Maybe we should all just calm down! After all, it was only-"
"Shut up! You owe me! Plain and fuckin' simple. Pay up shithead."
"Listen man, I don't-"
"No excuses fucktard. Pay up or I'll find some other way for you to pay me back."
"Just give me another few d-"
"Shut the fuck up. You dont got my cash? Hm. Alright then. Maybe your little girlfriend can find a way to pay me back."
"S-stay away from her asshole!"
"What'd you say? Did I hear you give me some backtalk you little shit? That settle's it girl. It's clear your boyfriend doesn't give a damn about your safety."
"W-wait! P-please, I just wanna leave..."
"Oh, the girl speaks... Y'know, i was thinkin bout doing something indecent, but i don't think that would quite get my point across. Maybe I should just kill you. Scare the little shit shitless! Prove that I aint a fucking joke.
"W-wait! Please! I don't-"
-Le good ol baseball bat to the head-

Powers / Abilities:
Reincarnation: Any time Alyssa receives any kind of fatal wound, her body will “reset to zero" and all wounds will vanish. She will then come back to life, almost both her physical and mental state were moved backward in time.

Mirror dimension: Alyssa can pass through mirrors and seemingly teleport to another mirrored surface. Nobody, not even her, seems to know where she exactly goes while in between mirrors. It's theorized that going through mirrors, she ends up in some kind of dimension of reality. It's a mystery that will probably never be explained.

Multiply: Alyssa can seemingly produce clones of herself, all of which look, behave, and seemingly even think the exact same way. Each of the clones are produced through unknown means, and then kinda... vanish. It's not clear if these clones are even produced consciously, or if she is even aware that they exist.

Well, all of these powers... are seemingly completely triggered by accident. She accidentally falls through mirrors, produces clones at random, and definitely doesnt choose when she reincarnates. Another thing, her reincarnated clones seem to have random changes in appearance. Like, really insignificant and random changes, like half an inch of hair no long being there, or a small scab where there didn't used to be one. Not necessarily a weakness, but strange nonetheless. She also cannot remember how she died, if her reincarnation takes effect.

Medication Drawbacks:
a) Reincarnation / healing - Any kind of coming back from death's door will delay A.J. in a comatose state for a few days before she slowly gets back up to normal speed.
b) Mirrors - Half the time, A.J. returns back to the mirror where she entered.
c) Clones - Only 2 clones can be created and in existence while under the effects of medicines.

Fears: Alyssa fears and avoids most other patients.
Stance towards authority figures: Fearful of older staff, heavily reliant on other staff
Other Medical Issues [Optional]: None
Psychological disorders [Optional]: None
RP Examples:
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:06 am

Talchyon wrote:
Benuty wrote:
-snip-

Benuty, this is looking a lot better. It's very close. If you would do one more thing to finalize this, I would greatly appreciate it. And that is, describe under "powers" what Nelson should normally be able to do, if he were using his powers and not under any kind of medicinal psychiatric drugs. Thanks.

-snip-

Hi Void. Thanks for coming back to RPing, and I'm glad you're here. I like Abbie. Good memory shards, interesting powers, and I can definitely see how group therapy would not benefit her right away. She needs someone to trust. (I think there are going to be some doctors she might latch on to emotionally - understanding types).

Here are my suggestions for medicinal drawbacks: a) Abbie can get sick, but not as strong. Basically, her regeneration has slowed to a tenth of the speed. So while she can heal as she would normally, it will take longer.
b) "From the cradle" - Abbie's film can cut through inorganic material, but at a much slower pace. Think, like instead of scissors, like a slow moving blowtorch on a thick door. It'll get there. Eventually. For organic material, it's reduced to more of a mild skin irritation instead of a toxic acid-like effect. People still won't want to hug her. But they won't turn into a puddle of goo if they do for a long time. More like, they'll have to take Benadryl and other skin treatments.
c) "From the grave" - Decay happens slowly by Abbie's touch. First, there will be a noticeable but small black spot. This will eventually (say, within a half day) turn into a bigger black spot, etc. until about ten days later, then it may crumble into ash if it hasn't been treated first. (I will consider if it can be treated at all. Right now, I don't know. Could be fun if it can't. But also could mess with things I have in mind. We'll see).

Union Princes wrote:First Name: Patient - 000 "Invisible Man"

-snip-

Hi Union. First, when I found your writing sample in Song of Heroes, I thought it was really well-written. So that's excellent, and thought you'd like to know.

I do think the staff is going to call the Invisible Man by a name. He might not say anything, and they might not know he's there, but I think they will try to call it out as if they could see him and know that he's present, just to acknowledge him as a real person too. That said, if you want a particular name for the staff to call him, let me know.

If these are acceptable, then the Invisible Man is ACCEPTED.

I fixed the application again adding what you requested.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:09 am

The V O I D wrote:
Benuty wrote:VOID now here is a person I haven't seen in some time.

Greetings, Benuty.

How've you been?

I have been quite good actually, and have tried getting back into roleplaying more serious topics. Its been a while since I have seen something on this level so hopefully, it takes off because I can't wait to roleplay.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:56 am

Talchyon wrote:
-snip-

I can accept these limitations, yeah. I'll add them to my app.

Benuty wrote:
The V O I D wrote:
Greetings, Benuty.

How've you been?

I have been quite good actually, and have tried getting back into roleplaying more serious topics. Its been a while since I have seen something on this level so hopefully, it takes off because I can't wait to roleplay.

I'm excited for this RP as well. Should be fun and interesting.
Last edited by The V O I D on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:38 am

OK I accept
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:02 am

First Name: Kurt Oswin
Age: Physically, appears 8 years old. Unknown if this is the actual age.
Sex: M.
Height, Weight, Build: 4'3", 60 lbs, very thinly framed - almost skeletal.
Appearance: Kurt appears to be an average eight-year-old boy, if not for his dangerously thin appearance. It is almost severe enough to count individual ribs and see where joints meet sockets for other bones. His skin is also deathly pale in color, and his hair is white. His eyes are an odd grayish green color, though the active use of his abilities causes them to become darker and stormy. He also oddly retains almost all adult teeth in his mouth, albeit smaller than usual.
Personality: Childlike in his innocence and optimism, one could almost mistake him for perfectly normal were it not for his physical oddities. He loves to draw with crayons or play with clay, and is very attentive/active. Speaks very highly of his “Father” and is very defensive of everything his “Father” does.
Bio: There's the sounds of rain as it falls on a glass window. It is bright. There's the giggling and laughter of a child and a mother. There's a sense of comfort, warmth, and happiness. Everything is just fine. (Memory One.)

There's the sounds of scratching, like something being dragged along a wooden floor. It is dark. There is a whimper of fear, like a child waking from a nightmare. The dragging noises stop, and the child calls for his mother. Everything is not fine. (Memory Two.)

There is no sound. It is much too quiet. It is neither bright nor dark. The Father stands protectively over his child, and the Father whispers comforting words despite the overwhelming sense of terror. The Father takes away the child's pain. There is peace. Everything will be fine. (Memory Three.)

Powers / Abilities: Self-Sustenance: Somehow, Kurt's body is entirely self-sufficient. In fact, it vehemently rejects outside foods and fluids aside from drugs. He can still fall ill, but his body will attack it with everything it has. Drugs that are harmful get more rejected than drugs which are not. What is defined as 'harm' seems to rely on Kurt's understanding of it.

Shadow Manipulation: An involuntary power that manifests as an adult male made of shadows, who speaks in a legion of whispers. This entity is referred to as his “Father” by Kurt, and the Father can manipulate shadows and make them solid, or act as a solid force. The Father has an extremely powerful sense of everything in a given range, and can control or contort shadows within this same range. Shadows being manipulated by the Father become much darker, such that natural or artificial light sources cannot banish them.

The Father is immensely protective of Kurt, and seems to take away pain or injury he suffers onto itself - sometimes even causing itself to dissipate as a result of severe damage. The Father seems to present an aura of fear that makes everyone nervous when it is present, which is as often as it can possibly manifest. The Father can submit to Kurt's whims, becoming instead a shadow that Kurt can freely manipulate at the cost of being able to manipulate any shadows aside from the Father itself.

Realistic Power Drawbacks: Dietary Failure: Kurt cannot really eat or drink that well, because of his body's self-sufficient nature. He has the exact amount of nutrients, vitamins, etc. that he needs. Why he has physical oddities despite this is unknown.

The Father: The Father is out of Kurt's control, and often acts for him whenever it should be Kurt that is angry, scared, hurt, etc. The Father seems to host all of Kurt's negative emotions, leaving behind Kurt's strong childlike personality. When trying to control the Father, so much focus is required that he cannot manipulate any other shadows.

(whatever weaknesses are imposed by drugs.)

Fears: Being without his “Father” for too long. Being in a room that is too bright or too dark. Being completely alone and without his “Father” at the same time for any period of time.
Stance towards authority figures: Generally trusting, but only towards ones that his “Father” says are okay.
Other Medical Issues: Extremely malnourished in appearance, inability to walk unassisted for prolonged periods of time.
Psychological disorders: Dependant Personality Disorder (towards his “Father”), some form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (possibly powers-induced).

Miscellaneous: Kurt knows more words than a child like him should, suggesting he could be older than he appears, and that the “Father” entity may have something to do with it.
RP Examples: Hi, Talc. :P

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse