NATION

PASSWORD

Nach-Exil Joint Occupation Negotiation [FanT/IC/Private]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:30 pm

Lei-La stayed completely quiet, her gaze now fixed at the ground, her entire face now having taken on the colour of tomato. The fact that Angelika noticed and happily made fun of her just made the wound bigger and bigger. Angelika, now behind her probably couldn't see it but her sister, Shei-La, who was looking at her sister, afraid of what the woman who had beat her up in the night would do to her, could see just how fixated Lei-La's gaze was. Her eyes seemed almost glassy and she could see her grinding her teeth. And while Shei-La couldn't hear what Angelika whispered into Lei-La's ear, she had heard enough and shouted:

"Get away from her you witch!"

Despite her wounds and the bad experiences she had made with Angelika last night, she couldn't let this vile woman just drag her sister through the dirt. Her gaze was defiant and the fire had returned to her eyes. Of course she was also afraid, knew that they were probably finished and that they would die or feel a lot of pain soon. But the unavoidability of this made her brave. She had heard about this, bravery born out of desperation but it was still bravery and she'd gladly take it if it meant facing this witch with a raised chin.

"I don't want to know how quickly a low born like you would have soiled herself if she hadn't visited any sanitary facilities for over 12 hours. But I guess low borns like you are used to it and aren't ashamed of it anymore, isn't that right?"
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:07 pm

Angelika immediately looked over to Shei-La when she yelled at her to get away from her sister. She was amused by the fact that the same girl who got bested by a woman only seven years older than was acting so big and tough now. Still, Angelika remembered that this princess, Shei-La seemed to be the fiery passionate one, having spit blood in her face after a defeat. The Nachfolgian leader figured that Shei-La would be the hardest one to break.

" There's that defiance I was hoping to see again!" Angelika said with excitement as she stood back up straight and focused her attention to Shei-La.

" I commend you on still displaying such bravery against impending doom. You are definitely a more worthy opponent than you sister...though not by much. You're still a foolish, idiotic girl who doesn't know when she's out of her league. You see...what you think you know about us ' low born' Nachfolgians is completely wrong. We do not show weakness. We are bred from the time we are little children to one purpose...war. There is no room for weakness in war and so we do not show it under any circumstances. Unlike you...we would never shame ourselves, our ancestors, and our bloodline."

Angelika was now standing in front of her, looking down upon her in the ultimate form of irony. " How does it feel to be so completely dominate by a supposed ' low born'. Does it hurt your pride to have me look down upon you like a dying dog?"

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:30 pm

"The fact that you feel the need to dominate those you defeated just shows how low born you really are!"

, but then Shei-La's gaze softened a little and her voice did too as she said more compassionately:

"However, I pity you. Thank you for telling me about why you are the way you are. It must've been hard, being bred simply like another animal. To be trained like a dog to be nothing but a warrior who knows nothing but war. To erase every single weakness despite all the pain this process must've caused to you.

Tell me, what do you do when there is no war? Do you simply keep preparing for yet another war, living a completely hollow life devoid of any satisfaction and happiness?"

Then Shei-La fell silent as well, hoping to let Angelika think about her words a little if she just stayed silent and didn't give her anything new to think about.

Granted, that time didn't last long as a new pair of boots was heard coming down the corridor. However, this time it was indeed only one pair so someone was coming alone. And it didn't take long for the person to appear. Pushing the metal door open, the newcomer was revealed. Lei-La immediately tensed up and a single look confirmed that it was indeed the other leader. The gas masked one. He wore the blue uniform he always wore and walked into the room with a certain air of confidence. The fact that he surveyed the room was not lost upon anyone as the gasmask limited his field of vision, causing him to always turn his head if he wanted to look at a different corner of the room.

The leader of the Exilvanians bowed deeply before the leader of the Nachfolgians before straightening himself again and pointing at Lei-La, saying:

"My congratulations Frau Obersterfuhrurin. It seems you have already managed to make them piss themselves in fear. You must have an incredibly scary side that I do not know yet."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:47 pm

Angelika simply laughed at the Princess' words, finding them particularly amusing. However, once she started speaking, Angelika tone seemed more passionate.

" That is where you are wrong, my little Princess. You see, it is because of the fact that our lives are short that we can appreciate it much more. Each day we live is a blessing from the God's that we don't take for granted. Each sunrise is more beautiful. Each friendship, much more meaningful. Each love...that much deeper. It is because of our short existence that we can live life to the fullest."

Before she could utter another word, Angelika heard the door open and looked up. There, she saw Haegler walk in, wearing his usual garb. Seeing him, caused Angelika joy and she couldn't help, but smile at the man.

" Ah! Herr ReichsKommandant, welcome. You're just in time for the fun to begin." Angelika said with a smile as she curtsied in return. " I wish I could take credit for causing her to soil herself, but alas it was not my doing...at least not directly. But don't worry about that, you'll get to see just how much I can induce fear." Angelika replied, her voice hinting at something sinister.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Behind his mask one of Dietrich's eyebrows went up as he saw Angelika curtsey. And she didn't even seem to notice. Alright, so the order had indeed worked unless Angelika had decided to meet his antiquated gentlemanly greeting with something equal. Anyway, for now he marked this experiment as successful. He ruefully thought of what this meant for the other half of the experiment. He'd have to shoulder that as well and he'd carry that cross if it meant keeping Angelika's respect in the long term.

On the outside though nothing could betray his thoughts as he strode over to Princess Lei-La and said:

"So you soiled yourself just like that? In front of a lady like the Obersterfuhrurin of Nachfolgia? My how far you have fallen. From patriotic assassin in the night to a shivering little girl in a dungeon who can't even control her own bodily fluids. And to think that I still wanted a revanche for that cut across my chest. It's simply not going to be very fulfilling when you're like that."

He then turned back to Angelika and said:

"Oh, I am very much looking forward to how you induce fear. Though I do want to ask, care to go on a tour through the city with me later? Enjoy the privileges of the victor a little, show our dear little princesses just how far down the gutter their country is and maybe provoking some Yeuzuishans to attack us to free their princesses?"

Both Shei-La and Lei-La kept quiet, however, when the Exilvanian mentioned making a tour through the city and taking them with them they listened up. They both gave each other a glance, a hopeful one. Out in the city they definitely had a higher possibility of escaping and there was a much larger possibility of outside help. They knew that their subjects would try anything to free them from the clutches of these two monsters. Oh yes, now they had some hope again. Of course they knew that they served as bait to lure out other resistance forces but they were confident that they could overcome whatever measures the Exilvanians and Nachfolgians could take to hinder them from escaping.

Dietrich had of course noticed that his words had raised their spirits. In fact, he had intended to do so and he made no secret out of it:

"Well, Frau Obersterfuhrurin, now both of them have a decent bit of hope within them again. That should make things a little more interesting here, wouldn't you agree? I'm sure you'll be most delighted to show them their place again so that they won't be too much of an annoyance to handle during such a city tour."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:32 am

The Princesses' reactions didn't go unnoticed to the Obersterfuhrurin. She figured that the girls would have some glimmer of hope for their otherwise bleak future. She knew that their countrymen couldn't resist trying to rescue the girls and thus was on the same page as Haegler almost immediately.

Angelika glanced at the two girls to see their hopeful faces and gave a sinister grin. " What a plendid idea, Herrr ReichsKommandant. I've been dying to get out and see the city and meet some of the locals. These two need to get fitted with some new clothes anyway for their big day tomorrow." Angelika said with faux excitement and innocence. She didn't bother hiding the fact that she was hinting at certain events. She wanted the princesses to know about their doom and wanted them to dread it. They needed to know the folly of their choices and the one inescapable truth, no one survives the Obersterfuhrurin.

" But before we go shopping, we have some business to take care of." Angelika smirked, glaring down the princesses. " Herr ReichsKommandant, allow me to introduce our assistant here..." She added as she motioned to the old man in the lab coat. " This is Dr. Stanis Braun, former psychological evaluator at The Sturmgeistberg Wehrmacht Medical Center and now my chief psycho-Interrogator."

" It is a pleasure to meet you, Herr ReichsKommandant." Dr. Braun said as he held out his hand to shake Haegler's.

" Shall we begin, my Obersterfuhrurin." Dr. Braun added, looking back at Angelika.

" Of Course, Herr Doktor."

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:37 pm

Dietrich had left the dungeons after Angelika and had taken his sweet time pondering over what he had just witnessed. This Nightmare Star was quite potent indeed, it had worked very quickly. Of course it also remove the joy of taking one's sweet time with the breaking of another person but it wasn't like they had that sweet time. Granted, Angelika seemed to be overall a tad bit more practically oriented than he was, indulging less in sadistic desires or theatrics and instead getting the job done. Granted, maybe she had intended to take her time and it was his fault that she had to finish prematurely. He'd never really know he guessed as he headed back to his chambers, taking off the ruined leather gloves on the way.

Exilvanian troopers stood at attention as he passed them and saluted, stretching out their right arm but leaving the verbal salute out. He was not the Kaiser. Saluting him with a greeting for the monarch of Exilvania would be wrong. He absentmindedly returned the salute before finally reaching the privacy of his chambers. He wasted no time and started a fire in the fireplace in the room. Once he had fanned the flames he threw his gloves in there and watched the leather shrivel up and fall apart in the flames. He didn't need anyone to find this kind of stuff. Now what to wear...

Honestly, he was very much fine with what he was wearing. He retrieved a new pair of black leather gloves from a duffel bag he had brought with him. Of course he also checked his uniform but no, this one was still neat and tidy. No blood on it, no scratches, rips or other marks. Yes, it would do. He then checked his Lutscher X08. The magazine was full but just in case he'd rather bring some more and put several magazines into the pockets of his uniform. Well, with that he felt complete and ready. He had the usual full attire of the ZZ Reichskommandant and had brought some ammo in order to better deal with any of the guests he suspected. Though just as he was about to leave he hesitated before turning back once more and grabbing his leather trenchcoat. It was a cold day outside and while the cold didn't matter quite that much to him, it was always better if others suspected it did.

It didn't take him long to find his way to the palace gate. He did not have any visible guards with him this time but it was a ruse. Just like this entire trip was a ruse to lure out the resistance. They would think their invaders became complacent and arrogant, just touring their cities with atleast one of them not having any guard. And why should they not? Afterall they had absolutely beaten and humiliated this nation. For the Yeuzuishans this trip would look like a perfect opportunity to get that irresistable bait, the princesses. And he'd gladly exterminate every brave soul who tried. He looked around, trying to see his security detail. But of course he failed to do so. The agents of the Ordo Crudelitatis were afterall experts, the craft they learned having been perfected over the span of centuries. He had a few concerns of course, afterall the Ordo Crudelitatis was loyal to the church but they hopefully wouldn't dare to disobey him here, in dreaded foreign territory with their religious enemies all around them.

Now of course he had to wait for Angelika. Ah women, they usually took a little longer and due to the fact that she had worn more of a down to earth attire before, she was most likely making a more extensive change than he had done. But oh well, it was not like time mattered to him.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:15 pm

When Angelika reached her room with the docile princesses, most of her guards were nowhere to be seen. Only one Schildmadchen was standing by the door and she saluted and greeted the Obersterfuhrurin when she got near. Angelika acknowledged the greeting and stopped in front of the guard.

" Are the others in position?" Angelika asked sternly.

" Yes, my Obersterfuhrurin." The Schildmadchen responded, keeping herself at attention.

" Good. Make sure these two don't go anywhere." Angelika said as she handed the Schildmadchen the chains that were attached to the princesses.

" Yes, my Obersterfuhrurin." The Schildmadchen responded once again.

With that, Angelika walked into her room and closed the door. She spend the next forty minutes changing her clothes for the second time today. She didn't need all this time to do so, but she decided to waste time by checking the news in her phone. Thanks to the success of the SS military campaign, relay satellites have been set up to receive signals from Nachfolgia, allowing the occupying forces to keep in touch with home.

The news outlet that Angelika was viewing was that of Nachfolgia News Network, the sole news broadcaster in the Reich. The news today was mostly about the short lived war and the occupation that will follow, briefly educating the Nachfolgian citizens about what went on during the fighting. The news reporters also briefly mentioned the Obersterfuhrurin's visit to the Yeuzuishan territory and the upcoming execution of the remaining Royal Family.

The biggest news highlight was that of the rumored alliance between the Reich and Exilvania. The reporters and political analysts talked about how unprecedented the alliance and subsequent treaty was, being the only alliance of its kind and it's effect on the two countries. They also mentioned what a genius move it was for the Obersterfuhrurin to secure this alliance as it was certain to bring more prosperity to the Reich. This bit of praise made Angelika smile, knowing how much her people worship her.

Bored of listening to all the worship, Angelika locked her phone and decided to get dressed. This time, she decided to wear some thicker clothing considering how cold it was today. She wore a thicker black dress with sleeves and a waist belt, light colored stockings that covered her legs, and her usual overcoat and dress cover. She also made sure that she was well armed for the tour, knowing that it would not be a quiet one. She hide her H&K P8 in her shoulder holster and a large SS knife in a sheath behind her back. Feeling that adequate time has passed, Angelika left her room and headed towards the palace gate, but not without having the princesses in tow.

In a few minutes, Angelika was wearing the gate with the two young princesses walking behind her. She spotted Haegler standing alone and smiled at the sight of him. Unfortunately, when she noticed he was alone, her smile quickly turned to anger and she narrowed her gaze at him. She suddenly remembered the few minutes that were lost to her during their breakfast. The trance like state, the strip tease, the near kneeling in subjugation to him, she remembered it all. As she neared him, her glare became more obvious and she didn't allow it to pass. Angelika wanted him to know that the events that transpired will not be tolerated.

" Herr ReichsKommandant..." Angelika muttered, her anger bled through to her words. "...how long were you going to keep the events that happened during breakfast from me? " Angelika gave a scowl. " I assume it was you plan to let me remember at some point in time, but I'm shocked your honor didn't let it be revealed sooner. I admire that you had the balls to try to make me kneel before you and I'm willing to let it slide, but let me warn you right now...if you value our potential partnership and me as an equal in it, NEVER try something like that again." Angelika's scowl and anger became more intense at the last words she spoke. She wanted him to fear whatever consequences she hinted at.

" Now...shall we begin our lovely walk?" Angelika said, her tone now to a more cheerful one. It was obvious that she wanted to forget this little nasty business from before.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:47 am

Dietrich had been watching the city from this vantage point when suddenly he felt the prickling of unfriendly eyes glaring at him. He turned around to see just who was angry with him this time and recoiled slightly at the sight of Angelika marching towards him, the princesses in tow and sending death glares at him. Dietrich looked to the left, then to the right, behind him and then back in front. No, he was alone with Angelika and the princesses, atleast to her knowledge. And with the Nachfolgians racial and superiority obsessions, he was pretty sure that the princesses didn't count as actual persons anymore in her book. So this meant that the command he had left her with had kicked in. Well, atleast this was somewhat private, he hoped while praying that the Ordo Crudelitatis shadowing them wouldn't leak this kind of information.

With this in mind he braced for the inevitable onslaught he'd have to endure from Angelika...just to find it to be rather short and relatively mild. Of course she was angry that he kept it a secret. She was appalled that his honour hadn't made him tell her sooner. But...then she was willing to let it slide? He had arranged for her to remember only when they were alone because he wanted to keep knowledge of this event to a circle of people as small as possible, so at best known only to him and Angelika. So that no parties of either side could escalate the situation and so that it didn't get to embarassing for either of them.

He was shocked to hear that she'd actually let it slide. He had used her like a doll, experimented around with her, hurt her pride by quite a lot. If she hadn't broken the trance then his experiments probably would've continued. He would've made her betray her nation's secrets, her opinions and plans regarding him and the Exilvanians. It was an immense relief to know that she would forgive him and he was sure that if the latter would've transpired, then she most likely wouldn't have forgiven him for anything at all. However there came some more from her:

"...if you value our potential partnership and me as an equal in it, NEVER try something like that again."

Despite his physical superiority over her having been proven just hours ago, the threat sent a shiver down his spine. Which actually reminded him that she had not only forgiven him, she had also asked for no recompense. And he knew that this would simply not do. She had to be able to punish him to drag him through the mud and dirt as well because he didn't believe that his honeyed words and good manners would be able to repair such a major breach of trust. Granted, he wasn't even sure if punishment would but that was a risk he was willing to take.

"Hehehehe...Frau Obersterfuhrurin, maybe I haven't made it clear but I do not believe in the concept of honour. No, the only reason why I have granted you knowledge of this little time period is because I respect you and your intelligence and am well aware that such an unaccounted for time would only sow unnecessary distrust. And why you hear about this so late? Why I had to make sure that this scandalous event stays unknown to our respective people.

However, I cannot allow you to just let this slide. Because my treatment of you absolutely devalues our partnership and makes it very one sided, destroying all trust as well. I do not know if it will in any way help but let me assure you that I am your lowliest servant for the rest of the day, to do with as you please."

He knelt before her and lowered his head shortly before looking up again, stating dryly:

"Of course, I expect that my people or nation will not be involved in this, just like I ensured that yours would not be involved in the little scene we had this morning."

Only when she allowed him to stand up again he would, invitingly pointing down the road and saying:

"Now then mylady, let me lead you down into the city."

He walked down the ramp leading up to the palace gardens, ensuring that Angelika always stayed next to him by either slowing down or speeding up his pace. He did give the princesses a look, wondering if they really were completely under control. A method of breaking their minds so quickly and completely surely couldn't really exist? Atleast Angelika had kept the chains so in case something happened they could prevent the princesses from just running away.

As they left the ramp and reached ground level, they were on the main avenue that was cutting the city in half. It served as a very convenient border between the Exilvanian and the Nachfolgian occupational zones. While here, at the ramp to the palace, the buildings had been rendered into nothing but smouldering ruins. But just a hundred meters away the war damage was already minimal to nonexistant. The fighting had truly concentrated on the palace and directly around it.

Now faced with choice of on which side of the street they wanted to walk, Dietrich turned towards Angelika and said:

"Now you face a choice mylady. Do you wish to use the sidewalk on your side of the street or on mine? I had initially planned to follow the street up to the Imperial Unity Monument Square. I can assure you, that despite some redecoration since the Invasion, it is still quite a sight to see. Or maybe it is a sight for us purely because of the redecoration? Of course, should you wish to stray from the street and attend to business or sights of your own choosing, be assured that I will follow you mylady. I would however like to mention that like many main streets in many capitals, this one features many high quality shops, most likely to pander to the needs of the royalty and the nobility that spent its days in the palace above."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:50 pm

Angelika couldn't help, but smile when Haegler knelt before her in submission. He knew exactly what would satisfy a woman with her kind of power and influence. It seemed to her that each time she met Haegler, he'd out do himself on trying to make her happy. Even kneeling before her was topped by him offering himself as her servant for a day. This delightful surprise brought on a light chuckle from Angelika, covering her mouth as to not accidentally spit on him.

" You might regret those words, Herr ReichsKommandant. We Nachfolgians hold people to their oaths." Angelika said playfully, motioning for him to stand up. " You can start, however, by holding on to these chains. They're incredibly Rusty and I'm not wearing gloves." She said with a smirk as she handed him the chains that were connected to the princesses.

Haegler motioned for her to follow him through the gate and down the road. The surrounding buildings closest to the palace were completely destroyed, a strong indicator that the fighting was most intense here. She had hoped that her fellow kinsmen got to experience the glories of this fight if only for a bit. She would have been immensely proud of her men if they succeeded to capture the Yeuzuishan King alive, but alas, that kind of wishful thinking was useless.

When Haelger stopped in the middle of the main road and gave her options on where to go, Angelika thought of a plan. This was going to be a good chance for Haegler to see and experience how Nachfolgians soldiers operated on a day to day basis. " How about we visit the Nachfolgian Occupation Zone first? This is the perfect opportunity to witness how we Nachfolgians act during occupation aside from germanizing conquered people. You might be surprised on how much we enjoy life despite our... obsession with war. Then we can visit your side and then the monument last." Angelika said before glancing back at the princesses. " This will be a learning experience for you two as well...seeing who you were truly up against." Angelika said to them directly, despite her knowing that they weren't going to comprehend.

With that, Angelika headed straight over to the Nachfolgian side of the road. The Nachfolgian side was pretty lively with several military actions taking place.
SS combat patrols scanned the road and side streets on the watch for enemy combatants. Trucks full of gear and supplies were being unloaded by forklifts and man power, aiding the combat units with maintaining their presence in the city. There were even some soldiers that were taking breaks to enjoy shops and restaurants that were now forced to remain open to support the occupation. It was reminiscent of 1940s Paris during the Nazi Occupation.

As the Obersterfuhrurin and Haegler walked down the street, every Nachfolgian soldier simply greeted her verbally, knowing not to draw attention to her as a superior officer. Angelika eventually stopped in front of one of the local stores. She couldn't read the sign since it was in the local language, but she deduced that it was some sort of high end clothing store judging from the wall displays. As soon as she walked in, she immediately spotted two of her countrymen at the counter. A Colonel was leaning on the counter, flirting with the local female sales rep in the most vulgar way. Angelika instantly wasn't amused by the sight, considering he was making a fool of himself in front of her colleague.

The other officer, a young lieutenant, spotted the Obersterfuhrurin and immediately popped to attention. Before he could call the Colonel to attention, Angelika motioned for him to stay quiet. She stood behind the Colonel, listening to his flirtatious conversation, obviously not amused. When it became clear that he was about to touch the shopkeeper inappropriately, Angelika had enough.

" Herr Colonel!" Angelika yelled out in anger. He jumped in fear and spun around to see who had interrupted him. When her realized that it was the Obersterfuhrurin, he popped to attention, nervous and afraid that he had been caught.

" I hope that you are here to buy a beautiful dress for you wife, Herr Colonel." She asked, glaring at him.

" Y-yes. Of course, my Obersterfuhrurin." He hesitated to reply.

" Good... because it seemed like you were engaging in behavior unbecoming of one my officers. You do know that what you were doing and plotting to do to this untermensch is grounds for execution. You understand the consequences...don't you?" Angelika said menacingly, as she slowly pulled out her pistol.

The Colonel looked down at the weapon and began to sweat profusely. It seemed clear that he might be killed by the hands of his own leader. He could barely voice a reply, being absolutely terrified. " Y-y-yes...m-my Obersterfuhrurin."

" Good...now leave and never step foot in this shop again." Angelika said as she put her weapon back in her shoulder holster. Without hesitation, the officer ran from the shop with the lieutenant closely behind.

" Sigh...I must apologise for that unpleasantness. Some of my high ranking officers think they can do whatever they want in a foreign country, forgetting that where they go, my will goes and so does my laws. I'm sure you agree that officers must be held to a higher standard than enlisted. He will most likely be discharged when I talk to Generalleutenant Albrecht that one of his Colonels have made an ass of himself in for the of me."

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:08 pm

Oh, Dietrich would never regret. Not if Angelika stuck to the outlines of what he was willing to do. And he doubted that she could come up with anything that he was not willing to do. In the back of his head a small voice angrily quipped that he shouldn't be this careless. Angelika was dangerous and intelligent. Underestimating her would do him no good. But he quieted that voice quickly. While he held her in high esteem and respected her, a certain sense of superiority over her had crept into his perception of her ever since the fateful incident at the breakfast.

As Angelika handed him the chains, he took them without a word while offering a handkerchieg from one of his breastpockets with his free hand so she could wipe the rust and filth off her hands. He spared a short glance for the princesses and tugged a bit at the chains. They followed immediately, their gazes fixed to the ground. They weren't exactly what he'd call fast but it would probably suffice for a stroll through the city.

As they reached the street, Angelika chose to walk on the Nachfolgian side of the street, to show to him just how Nachfolgians acted when there was no war. He appreciated the chance though he felt a bit uneasy. This was the first time in a long time that he was so completely at someone's mercy. Sure, his army stood just on the other side of the street and he had the Ordo Crudelitatis shadowing him but it still felt...unsafe. It brought back a feeling he hadn't known in ages. A certain sense of danger, of an adrenaline rush that could only come with that. And worst of all, despite his ruthless and calculating character, he felt like giving in to it, to actually take this safety hazard and trust Angelika for this. Besides, the trust was damaged after the breakfast. Him placing trust in her would be one of the only ways of restoring that trust she had lost in him. So he told himself as he said:

"I'm sure germanizing conquered people is just as enjoyable as war."

He took note of how she spoke to the princesses as well. He had to applaud her. In their current state it would be hard for any defiant Yeuzuishan to save them, seeing how broken they were. They'd be little more than a nagging memory of how destroyed their symbols were...yet at the same time it couldn't quite work as a moral poison for the resistance since there may or may not be a way to restore the princesses to their former state, maybe even to a more hardened one. By adressing the princesses as though they were still capable of comprehension and rational thought as well as some resistance, as though they had to be shown the odds stacked against them to realise that they were defeated, Angelika would ensure that watching resistance members wouldn't think of the damage to the princesses' psyche as bad as it actually was, making them worthwhile targets for rescue again.

He decided to play the act as well, and tugged at the chains, forcing the princesses to stumble a little forward, while he hissed:

"Didn't you hear what the Obersterfuhrurin said? You should be grateful that she allows wretched scum like you to see the superiority of the Nachfolgian Military!"

He as there was a lack of response, he just grumbled and said whispered:

"Still as defiant as ever I see..."

He then hurried to follow Angelika, dragging the princesses after him.

The other side of the road was, well, what he was used to from military occupations. Of course this time with the key difference that instead of the blue of the Exilvanians, it was the black of the Nachfolgians that kept the city under their iron boot. But it seemed relatively standard, patrols to show that the occupation force was there and ready to enforce its laws with the might of arms if necessary, logistics to keep said patrols and other forces within the city supplied. However, most interesting for Dietrich was the fact that most shops, restaurants and cafes were open. Clearly by force, judging by the looks of nervosity and fear the native shopkeepers and waiters sent at the Nachfolgians frequenting their etablissements. Still, the soldiers were enjoying themselves, taking what the local population had to offer in terms of culture and amenities. Quite the difference from what he was used to.

He also noticed that none of the present soldiers were properly greeting Angelika. It was always a verbal greeting, nothing out of the ordinary. Of course he knew the practice back from when he had served. It was mainly so that snipers would not be able to recognise figures of importance who they would then prioritise in taking out. It wasn't something Dietrich deemed to be overly efficient when it came to Angelika since she stuck out anyway and any sniper who would've read any kind of news report about Nachfolgia in the last years probably would've known that the nation was led by a stunningly beautiful blonde woman. Besides, didn't he want them to stick out? To seem arrogant in their victory, daring the resistance to make their move? Well, granted they couldn't have briefed the entire garrison, not on such short notice so he'd have to grudgingly accept it.

Eventually they reached what seemed like a clothing store. Ah yes, the princesses were in dire need of new clothes, and Angelika had mentioned they'd get them some new ones. He looked at them. They were still wearing their black assassin attire, torn, bloodied, soiled...and obviously rather cold as their shivering indicated. Yes, these definitely needed new clothes. They couldn't present something like that to the people. Some, maybe also Angelika, might be of the opinion that to show their enemy at their lowest to their allies. However, he preferred to show them in as good a condition as he could...before ending all their hopes. They entered the shop quietly, a bell at the door ringing as they did so. But the other people in the store seemed to be too occupied with what they were doing to notice their entry. Dietrich could spot a pair of Nachfolgian officers at the counter, one of them popping at attention the moment he saw them enter while the other one seemed absorbed in some flirting with the shopkeeper who seemed to fearfully indulge him. He had heard about the Nachfolgians' desire for racial purity and judging from Angelika's face, the officer was soon going to enter a whole world of pain. But as she stoppped his companion from alerting him to their presence, he realised that she wished to first let this moron ride himself deeper into his own grave. Well, not that he was going to complain. It gave him some time to look at the shop as well as the shopkeeper.

The shop was clearly importing goods. While Dietrich could see many garbs which seemed to be more Yeuzuishan in origin, all of them of course of the finest quality, he could also notice clothes of another, clearly more western, origin. How did a Yeuzuishan shopkeeper get her hands on this, the country was fairly isolationists...oh! He only now spared a look for the Yeuzuishan...who didn't look very Yeuzuishan at all. Indeed, that was maybe the reason why the Nachfolgian officer had fallen for her. And probably the reason why she had western products for sale. She must be some sort of immigrant or exilant from another, western nation for she lacked all the features Yeuzuishans tended to posses. In fact, going from what he had seen so far, she exhibited more traits he'd associate with the Nachfolgians. Long, light blonde hair, bright blue eyes, pale skin, well proportioned body from what he could see and apparently not lacking in muscle to back it up, unlike so many other beauty queens he had seen. Of course he didn't think that she was a Nachfolgian. While the Nachfolgians had elevated themselves above humans through genetic experimentation from what he had heard, there were still people in other countries who could atleast look like Nachfolgians without any kind of gene changes.

Meanwhile Angelika had made short work of the officer. Surprisingly she kept him alife as Dieter noticed when he suddenly scurried past him and out of the shop. Looks like his efforts so far had really helped to calm her down. If she had still been in the same mood in which she had met him before the palace, shortly after her own memories had been unlocked, he'd have no doubt that the officer would've died on the spot. She talked to him, asking him on his opinion about officers and he just answered:

"I must agree that officers need to be held to a higher standard, afterall, they are supposed to inspire and command troops. The problem is that many officers tend to feel entitled to certain privileges due to their superior position which often makes keeping them in line much more difficult than the usual rank and file troops they command."

Meanwhile the shopkeeper had gathered herself again from the shock that was Angelika's sudden intervention. She looked nervously at Angelika, realizing that she was a woman who held immense power within the ranks of these invaders. She quickly bowed before Angelika and shouted:

"T-t-thank you for helping me out in this situation!"

She then straightened herself again and said more formally though still with a certain sense of fear in her voice:

"H-how may I ser-serve you?"

Her eyes looked over them, staying a little longer on the princesses than on anyone else.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:52 pm

" Indeed. It is even more so for us Nachfolgians. Our own obvious superiority to others make it easy for us to fall into the trap of arrogance. That is why Nachfolgians need discipline and to be humbled by experience. That's one of the reasons why war is valued in our society. War and death destroy and humble the arrogant." Angelika said with a serious and macabre tone.

There was truth to the words Angelika spoke. To Nachfolgians, war was not just a thrill to seek to make one seem more alive although that played a huge part. War showed them that the genetic modifications did not make a Nachfolgian immortal. They were still human and they bleed and die like everyone else. War is the best teacher a Nachfolgian can have, teaching many lessons in the harshest way possible. A lot of what a Nachfolgian knows is all thanks to war.

Angelika turned back to the shopkeeper, finally having a moment to get a good look at her. She was surprised to see that the woman was not of Asian descent like most Yeuzuishans in the country. She had fair features and piercing blue eyes, looking very similar to Nachfolgians. But the fact of the matter was that she wasn't a Nachfolgian and that caused problems. It became obvious to Angelika that the Colonel wasn't the first or last to flirt with this beauty.

Angelika smirked when the woman thanked her for interfering. " I wouldn't thank me just yet, Yeuz. I didn't do it for your sake because you were being harassed. The Colonel was breaking a fundamental law in the Reich, consorting with the likes of you. It is a crime punishable by death for both parties to taint the purity of Nachfolgian blood with your mud blood. I would suggest you not entertain such criminal acts or else you'll both die." Angelika said, glaring at the woman.

" Now... I'm for a new dress to wear at the treaty signing tomorrow. Something in white that will highlight my figure." Angelika asked, pretending that the nasty business earlier never happened.

She didn't bother mentioning that the treaty signing was also the day of execution. She had given specific orders not to let the populace know what the true intentions were for the princesses. Angelika wanted to see the looks on the Yeuzuishans' faces when their royalty meets a grim end.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:28 am

The shopkeeper turned pale at Angelika's mention of a death penalty, obviously fearing for her life. She had indulged the Colonel because honestly, what could happen if you did not follow the wishes of the occupants? Of the ones who brought Yeuzuishan to its knees? The Colonel probably could've just shot her and made up some excuse. Or he would've taken her by force. She hadn't been eager to fall victim to either of those possibilities. And Angelika's attitude reminded her once more, that her life or safety didn't matter at all to these barbaric invaders.

Of course she knew who Angelika was. The Colonel had adressed her as Obersterfuhrurin and she had made clear that she was higher in rank than him. Add to that the commonly known fact that Nachfolgia was led by a beautiful woman and it was easy to ascertain who Angelika was. And now the Obersterfuhrurin of the Reichesmilitärstaat of Nachfolgia was here, in her shop, and looking for a new dress. White, highlighting her figure, most likely somewhat formal since it was for an official occasion such as a treaty signing. She tried mentally combing through her inventory but capitulated before that task. These informations were still a bit too vague. She'd need more information.

However, in her eagerness to service Angelika and avoid sudden execution by her, she may or may not overstep some bounds. She had absentmindedly retrieved a tape measure from below the counter and now come around the counter, coming to a standstill before Angelika. She rested her chin on one of her hands while looking Angelika up and down. It wasn't a gaze that actually saw Angelika as a person or a human. It was more like the gaze of a butcher looking at a piece of meat he had to cut, the gaze of a stonemason looking at a block of granite to determine how useful it was and what could be done with it. The shopkeeper could once again only marvel at Angelika's perfect bodyshape. She knew that Angelika would look good in nearly any dress she'd put her in. But she had to find something that would also highlight Angelika's figure. Hm, maybe she had some things but she didn't quite know if it had the right sizes.

She knelt down and slung her tape measure around Angelika's waist, mumbling something incoherently but from the tone of her voice probably postive.

Dietrich sharply inhaled as he saw that. What would people call this? A breach of their personal space? Of course he could see why the woman would do that but she had apparently forgotten what Angelika considered her. Some mudblood, a subhuman. How would she react to someone she looked down upon just taking measures of her without asking first? He honestly hoped that they wouldn't have the shopkeeper's brain splattered all over the shop in a moment. There were other things he needed done and he was not one to do those and he doubted that Angelika would do them either.

He was also slightly confused. He thought that they'd be here primarily to get something new for the princesses. Not in his life had he imagined that Angelika too would be in need of a new garb. And white? Well, it would make a nice contrast to the usual black he had seen her and the other Nachfolgians wear. Or maybe she just wanted to show him something? To make a point with the shopkeeper? Dietrich wasn't 100% sure so he stayed mostly quite but also a bit tense, awaiting whatever was bound to happen.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:10 pm

When the shopkeeper, came out from behind the counter with a Tailor's tape, Angelika slide her overcoat off her shoulders and folded it over her arm. She then took off her dress cover and turned to Haegler. " Do you mind holding these for a second, Herr ReichsKommandant." Angelika said with a polite smile, holding out her coat and dress cover for him to take.

Angelika smirked as she watched the shopkeeper stop to look her over. It seemed, at least to Angelika, that the woman wasn't bothered by the fact that the enemy leader was standing before her and focused solely on the job at hand. She kinda admired that she didn't allow herself to be distracted from her work. To Angelika, it was the sign of a master Craftsman.

As the Shopkeeper approached Angelika to take measurements, she raised her arms, essentially inviting the foreigner to get close. Angelika stood still and allowed the shopkeeper to do her job, despite her touching Angelika's body. She wasn't worried that the woman would try anything or the fact that an auslander was in her personal space. Angelika knew that the woman wasn't stupid, she wasn't about to risk her life to fail in a possible attack. Angelika also knew how to keep her superior attitude in check, not allowing it to interfere with getting what she wanted.

Angelika looked down at the woman was was measuring her waist and hips. She began to express curiosity about the woman. It was obvious that she was also a foreigner in this land of Asian descent. Where was she from? How did she get here and how did she become a tailor? Despite Angelika truly not caring about the woman's life and viewing her as inferior, she couldn't help but wonder who she was. Angelika's curiosity and obsessing with information had gotten the better of her again.

" What is your name, auslander? You're obviously not from Yeuzuishan originally, yes?"

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:09 pm

"From Reichskommandant, to dog walker, to clothes rack. Sometimes I wonder if I ultimately chose the wrong job, seeing how good I am at these..."

, Dietrich had murmured back when he took Angelika's overcoat and dress cover, holding it in his other hand.

Meanwhile the shopkeeper continued with her measurements. The length of Angelika legs, her overall height, her bust size, her arm length, her neck, everything was measured. While making these measures, the shopkeeper scribbled some notes onto a small notepad that was lying on the counter. A look would reveal these notes to be nothing but Angelika's respective sizes noted down. While doing so the shopkeeper could only marvel at the numbers she got to scribble down. Damn, if Angelika had chosen a modelling career and would've and she would've been her manager, she could've made a fortune since she used to know so many fashion designers who were just yearning for someone like Angelika to come and present their newest designs. Too bad that Angelika was not a model but the leader of a brutal country which just so happened to have launched a merciless invasion of her homeland.

And Angelika would not let the poor shopkeeper have any rest, inquiring about her name and by extension her origin. The shopkeeper giggled nervously and avoided looking into Angelika's eyes as she answered:

"Hehe, that obvious, isn't it? No, I'm not from here. And the name of this lowly Yeuzuishan citizen surely doesn't interest you."

She was quick to change the topic.

"More importantly though, what kind of dress are you looking for? Western or Eastern oriented? Looking only for a dress or also some accessories? Boots, Gloves, Headwear and so on. I do also offer a small range of jewelry to enhance the look."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:54 pm

" But it most certainly does interest me, Yeuzuishan. I make it a habit to know the names of everyone I interact with, whether they're Nachfolgian or not. Especially if I am bringing them repeat business. So I'll ask again...what is your name." Angelika replied, watching the woman write on her notepad.

With the measurements done, Angelika turned back to Haegler and reached for her overcoat. " Danke, Herr ReichsKommandant." Angelika smiled as draped her coat over her shoulders. She grabbed her dress cover and glanced back at the woman. " Oh, one more think I should add. Since you now live in a territory controlled by the Reich, you should address me as Obersterfuhrurin, your supreme leader. ' My Obersterfuhrurin' is the proper Nachfolgian way to address me when you answer a question I give you. Do you understand?" Angelika said in a serious tone as she maintained eye contact when she put on her cover.

" As for the dress, I might as well get the whole outfit. What do you think, Herr ReichsKommandant?" Angelika added as she glanced back at her colleague, looking for a genuine opinion.

" Western style, of course. White high heels and gloves to match and a nice gold necklace to accent it all." Angelika would add after Haelger's words of encouragement.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:29 am

"O-of course my Obersfuhrdurin, my sincerest apologies. The name is Clementine de Montesquieu. I-I hope it will suffice?"

, it was clear that she didn't mean to butcher Angelika's title. It was just...well...foreign to her and as such a bit more difficult to pronounce. She gnawed on her lip as she waited for Angelika's answer and put her tape measure away.

Dietrich, ripped out of his stupor by Angelika taking the overcoat from him, appeared to be a little disoriented and clueless. In fact he very much was since he had never faced a situation like this before. Someone asking him on his opinion over such mundane matters such as shopping? It was a definite first and as such deserved a catious and well measured answer. He took his time before saying:

"Well, I suppose it would be for the best to get an entire set here. I'm sure Fräulein Clementine will know exactly what would fit to what. And having a complete and fitting set would be preferable over you looking through your own, most likely more sparse wardrobe though I do not fancy myself to know how much you have brought with you, and finding that while having something in white, it is not quite fitting to the dress."

"Western style, white high heels and gloves, gold necklace..."

, Clementine murmured as she crouched on the ground and looked for something under one of the shelves. She returned with a small board with more sizes on it as well as some adjustable 'walls'. Kneeling down before Angelika and placing the board on the ground she asked fearfully:

"Uhm-uh, co-could you please take off your boots? And then step onto the drawn footprints on this board here? I-It's for the boots!"
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:34 pm

" You are absolutely right, Herr ReichsKommandant. I have to admit that I was not entirely prepared for this trip. I didn't expect our armies to lay waste to Yeuzuishan so quickly even with our unexpected coordination. I simply did not bring anything to wear for an official event such as our treaty signing." Angelika replied.

Turning her attention back to Clementine, Angelika scowled at the woman's disgusting attempt at saying her title. Of course, she didn't expect a foreigner to pronounce the word correctly, but she still didn't like it when they said it anyway. Even after having it said in front of her many times already, the woman still butchered it. Angelika chocked it up to poor intelligence on Clementine's part.

What she didn't tolerate was what Clementine did next. It wasn't so much that she told Angelika was to do, as it was her job to instruct when it came to fitting for clothes. It was the fact that she didn't call her by her appropriate title just seconds after being told to. Was the woman really an idiot or was it because she was nervous and afraid? Either way, Angelika was furious and she was about to correct the woman on her grave mistake.

Without warning, Angelika slammed her boot down hard on the floor, nearly stepping on the woman's hand in the process and causing her to jump back. " What did just tell you, unterlegen???!!! You are to address me as Obersterfuhrurin! What part of that did you not understand?! Are all you mischlinge hard of hearing?" Angelika yelled at Clementine, letting her know of her error.

After her tirade, Angelika walked over and sat down on a nearby bench. She then slowly and methodically took off her boots, stretching her toes underneath her stockings. She then laid her boots neatly beside her on the floor, tucking the laces in the boots. " Well...are you going to measu're my feet or not?" Angelika said, still angry with the woman.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:30 pm

Clementine jumped back in shock as Angelika brought her boot down, reflexively bringing her hand back and holding it close to her chest. She breathed heavily, due to the fear and sudden rush of adrenaline she had felt and first stared at Angelika's boot, imagining what would've happened if the Obersterfuhrurin had brought it down on her hand. She knew that if Angelika had wanted to, she could've very well crushed her hand...and probably didn't simply because she hadn't gotten what she desired from her yet.

Clementine finally looked up, flinching back again at Angelika's words and the fury on her face. Of course, yes, she had slipped up. How could she forget. In all her eagerness to service the woman and please her with quick and precise services, she had completely forgotten about the...formalities which she was to use now. It made Clementine fear for what would come after Angelika had received everything she wanted. She would probably kill her, or have her guards arrest and torture her, or have her be deported, or, or or...there were just too many cruel possibilities. All she knew was that she had to give her best to soothe the Obersterfuhrurin's mood again, to make her see her as maybe something more than just another especcially moronic subhuman.

And so she just meakly shook her head and said:

"N-non, my Oberstfuhrerin. J-just a minor acc-ccident."

When Angelika sat down, she stood up, waiting with her board in her hands. She glanced at Angelika every now and then, admiring her beauty and grace as she took her boots off and stretched her toes. This woman was such a refreshing difference from the usual customers she had had. The often old and wrinkly Yeuzuishan ladies or the young and flat chested youth of the nobility. Too bad that Angelika's authority and ideology were so volatile that she had to continuosly fear for her life. When Angelika snapped at her again, Clementine stood at attention, a reflex left from her time in the army when someone with authority spoke to her. She immediately regretted doing so, knowing that Angelika would probably ridicule her for it and so she stuttered:

"O-Oui, my Oberfuhrurin!"

She crouched before Angelika again, placing the board there and waiting for Angelika to put her feet onto it. Once she did, she cautiously arranged them into the perfect position before taking measures. It was done within just a few seconds and she scribbled a few more notes down before taking the board again and standing up. She bowed and said hastily:

"P-p-please have patience while I check my inventory, my Obbristfuhrurin."

She didn't stick around for long, almost immediately vanishing between rows of shelves and wardrobes and thus leaving the field of view of both Angelika and Dietrich. She was very determined in her search, knowing exactly where to go. Already when she had taken Angelika's sizes she had gotten a good idea which dress would suit her. She just had to find it again. Hmhm, ah, this was the correct section, somewhere here it had to-

Clementine's search ended very abruptly when someone pressed a knife against her throat. Another hand held her head firmly in place. She couldn't see her assailant because he was standing behind her yet the accent of the voice hissing into her ear as well as the contents of what was being hissed into her ear told her that she had just become the hostage or probably death row prisoner of a fanatical Yeuzuishan patriot:

"So that's how quick you foreigners change sides. First you come into our land, open your shop, offer things nobody else can and ruin me. You make good friends with the nobility and the royalty. And here we see how loyal you were to our country, how much your pledge to be a good citizen of this country was worth. Already you betray the friendship and trust of our late monarch by servicing these foreign devils. What is it that makes you such a wretched snake with such loyalty for them? The fair skin you share? The bright hair? The eyes?"

Meanwhile, back at where Dietrich and Angelika were waiting, Dietrich bent down onto one of his knees and put the nails on the ground, forcing the princesses to bend over as well. He examined the ground before positioning the nails upright. Then he stood up again and started stomping onto them, forcing them deeper and deeper into the wooden floor and thus chaining the princesses to the floor. Of course he had no illusions that this would keep anyone from releasing the princesses but then he'd atleast not have to keep them in his hands the entire time.

Following that he strolled over to Angelika. Coming to a halt before her, he pointed at the empty space next to her and asked:

"May I keep you company mylady?"

When/If she tolerated his presence, he sat down next to her and mused:

"Kind of hard to imagine royalty and nobility sitting on such a hard bench. And yet my inside man told me that this store was visited very often by members of the court to solve their clothing needs. The goods must be good if the stuck up nobles put up with seating like this."

He then leaned a little closer to Angelika and whispered softly, despite his words having nothing justifying this softness:

"Do you fight better in stockings or high heeled boots? In case of the latter, you might wish to put the boots back on now. I heard a window opening in the back of the store. We probably have atleast one unwelcome visitor. Yes, I am sure you carry a gun with you but seeing this maze of shelves, I am sure it is incredibly easy to get the jump on someone and enter close quarters combat, in which case I wouldn't wish for you to be at anything less than the best possible."

Of course Dietrich knew that Angelika was everything but a pushover. He knew that she was a skilled fighter and she had managed to beat up her princess without any greater problems last night. Then again, Haegler smirked as he thought back to that night, the princesses hadn't really been skilled opponents. Determined, yes, stupid, yes, but not of exceptionally great skill. Dietrich was...worrying about Angelika. Surely simply because if she died, then the entire alliance with Nachfolgia could very well fall into the water. And if she was heavily wounded, then she would most likely be at a disadvantage in the trials to come. She did not have this immense regenerative ability he held. Wounds could mean a lot more to her than they did to him. She was clearly in greater danger than he was.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:38 pm

Angelika smirked when Clementine snapped at attention when she yelled at her. Despite not wanting to divulge info to the Nachfolgian, Clementine was unknowingly telling her all she needed to know. All these little nuances and quirks that the woman was displaying was giving Angelika good insight into the woman's past. It was do obvious that the woman was french by origin and that she was former military. This gave Angelika a little bit more to work with when it came to interacting with Clementine.

Watching the woman retreat back behind the counter and into the backroom, Angelika sat patiently for her to return. After a few minutes, it became obvious that she wasn't going to return shortly, despite her promise. Angelika became very suspicious by the absence and was about to speak to Haegler to pass the time when she spotted him put nails into the floor to hold the princesses in place. She looked oddly at him as he walked to her and asked to sit down. Without saying a word, Angelika patted the seat for him to sit down.

Angelika couldn't help, but chuckle at Haelger's comment about how good the clothes must be for the nobility to tolerate such rustic furniture. " I most certainly hope it is. I'm actually beginning to like the woman." Angelika said with a smile.

She then looked out of the corner of her eye as Haegler leaned in to whisper about a possible assassin in the back room. " I thought as much when our dear Frau Clementine didn't return in the time she said she was." Angelika whispered back, remaining still and keeping her eyes forward to not draw attention.

" Shall we draw them out?" Angelika continued. " Assuming she's not dead, I'll draw Frau Clementine back out by speaking her native tongue. This assassin will have to let her respond to avoid suspicion. While I talk to her, you find a way to get the drop of this assassin. Don't worry about me, you know I can can handle myself and I can fight just as well without footwear as I do with." Angelka laid out the plan in perfect and short descriptions. Hopefully, it would go exactly as she imagined it would.

[ Miss. Montesquieu, could you please come to the front. I wish to discuss more about what I want in my new dress.] Angelika called out in nearly perfect French. This served as Haegler's que to enact his part in subduing the assassin.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:14 pm

Under his mask Dietrich raised a brow at Angelika mentioning that she liked the woman. He asked playfully:

"Oh? So she'll actually have a future in Nachfolgia?"

He tipped his peaked cap before her as she outlined her plan and stood up, slowly and quietly walking up to one of the shelves before nimbly climbing up to the top. The shelf shook as he did so so he made haste to get up to the top so that he could balance the shelf out again. Once successfully done so, he crouched atop the shelf, looking peering out from his vantage out to try and see where Clementine had run off to. Sadly, his vision was greatly impaired by multiple rows of equally high shelves so he really couldn't do anything about it. On top of that, he was so close to the ceiling that he couldn't even stand so he didn't dare to go from ceiling to ceiling. But moving on the ground was also no option as there he would be clearly visible to the assassin, and if the assassin saw him, then Clementine would surely die. And he would not let something Angelika had taken a liking to die so easily.

Angelika called out shortly after he had gotten himself into his nice position. He was amazed at her almost flawless french, wondering just how many languages she had mastered up untill now. But he didn't waste too many thoughts on that, instead perking up his ears and listening for an answer so that he could locate Clementine. The answer came surprisingly quickly...and from the sound of it, Clementine was coming closer?

"O-oui, my Obrsfjuhrurin, I'm co-co-coming."

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary about her voice. It still sounded as scared as it had done before when she had been servicing Angelika. Anyway, with her coming closer, he wondered what the the intruders were planning. Where they going to present her as a hostage to bargain with? Hu, though luck Dietrich thought. There was no way in hell Angelika would trade the princesses for this one measly shopkeeper. And if she even dared to then he'd do his best to, well, convince her of the opposite. But if they came to bargain, why not announce themselves or atleast threaten with the woman's death? Why keep up an act? Maybe they wanted to get closer before revealing themselves? Well, honestly, if they came here they very much worked in his favour since he couldn't move too far from his current ambush position.

Then, finally, Clementine came around the corner. She clearly looked different. Her eyes were red as though she had cried before, her hair and blouse were a bit messy, as though they had been ripped open and she had just improvised in covering herself up again. Something seemed to be beneath that blouse since even Angelika could see the blouse tainted by a bit of red liquid that looked all too similar to a certain red liquid they were all too familiar with. Her movements were also rather unsteady. She came to a halt a good distance away from Angelika and said:

"What-what was it that you wished to discuss, my Obstführerin?"

Dietrich couldn't spot anyway else. Nobody had come with her. He had neither heard anyone nor seen anyone but Clementine. Weird, he thought as he hefted his gaze on the shopkeeper, trying to see what was up with her. She certainly looked as though she had run into the intruder, whoever it may have been. But apparently she tried to keep up a facade, pretend that nothing happened. Had she been scared into cooperating with the intruder? Or was she doing this willingly? Or had something else happened? Questions over questions for which Dietrich had no answers. He decided to keep his height advantage and not reveal himself just to see how this would play out.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:14 pm

When Clementine replied back to her, Angelika had already pulled out her pistol, keeping her movements slow and hiding it under her overcoat. Angelika stood up when the woman walked back up to the counter. Angelika didn't pay attention to her at first, glancing behind her to see if she saw the assassin. She want the bastard to get the drop on her. She also took special note to keep an ear out for the entrance if it were to open.

Angelika then turned her attention back to Clementine, eyebrows raised when she got a good look at her. The woman was distraught to say the least, eyes puffy and red from crying and her hair was disheveled from a possible struggle. The most pressing issue with Clementine was her blouse. Not only was it messy and not buttoned correctly, but the majority of the front was stained with blood and was continuing to ooze. It was obvious that the assassin attacked her, but the real question was why?

Angelika maintained eye contact with Clementine as she continued to speak to her in French. [ I need you to keep calm and talk as coherently as you can in French. I do not believe the assassin can understand us. How badly are you hurt? How many of them are there and where are you hiding in the backroom? Don't look back there or draw attention to us knowing their presence. Just answer calmly. You maintaining poise could save your life.]

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:37 pm

Clementine didn't speak at first, staying silent, a quiet sob escaping her every now and then despite her efforts at maintaining her composure. Yet when Angelika talked to her once more in her mother tongue, more cracks appeared in her surface. At first hesitant, she soon started speaking faster:

[ It's...nothing...only...a surface...wound. There was...one...I...I know who it was...but...he left...left me like this...]

It was at this point that Clementine broke. She sank onto her knees and started crying and sobbing, her hands covering her eyes. She didn't react to further inquiries nor to anything else really short of actual physical contact and even then she just kept crying and mumbling in french:

[ Disgraced...slut...traitorous whore...]

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:58 pm

Angelika simply shook her head in disappointment as she watched crumble to the floor in a sobbing mess. She had hoped that the woman would maintain some composure for being a former soldier, but she was sadly mistakened. Apparently, she had expected too much from the foreigner.

Turning her attention back towards the back of the store, Angelika kept quiet, trying to hear the assassin move. After a couple moments of silence, Angelika decided to try and lure the assassin into the open. " I know you back there, assassin." She called out, making sure her pistol was at her side and ready to gun him down. " There's no use in hiding anymore. Come out and face me like a true warrior." Angelika paused for a moment before continuing.

" Oh wait...that's right. Assassins aren't really honor bound. They just hide in the shadows like cowards. Besides being a coward, little assassin, I know that you are a patriot. You love your country and your nobility, but more importantly you hate me for destroying everything you love and care about. " Angelika said as she began to back up towards the princesses. " That's why you're here, though. You're patriotism has brought you here to do away with me and save the last of your blue bloods."

Angelika bent down and grabbed one of the princess by the hair and yanked one it to lift her face up. " Well...here they are...waiting for you to save them. Become a national hero and bring glory to your family." Angelika taunted, smirking devilishly. If her mind games worked, Angelika would be ready to gun him down.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Dietrich checked the lack of empathy box in his mind when Angelika just disregarded Clementine. Anything that would validate his choice in the eyes of the church was great and this was only another observation in an endless list that would come in useful in convincing the church of Angelika's true loyalties. However, while he applauded Angelika silently for her taunts, he couldn't help but think that this wouldn't draw out the assassin. No, the assassin had done something to the shopkeeper, from what he could see probably hurt her. And the shopkeeper, despite those the few hints in her behaviour which had proven that she had had military training, was everything but a strong woman. So they had just attacked the weakest here, probably ambushed her and done something to her. No, these assassins were cowards, probably not honourbound at all like Angelika had correctly surmised...but probably also too craven to go for anything more. Most likely they had simply let out their damaged national pride on somebody weak, somebody they could lay blame on. And the shopkeeper, collaborating with the princesses in sight, was a very open target.

Deciding that he didn't need to lie in wait any longer, Dietrich jumped down from the shelf, graciously landing on his feet not far from the sobbing Clementine. Angelika was still busy taunting the assassin, wherever he was hiding. She'd stay on guard alright and had valuable hostages. And Dietrich very much trusted in her skills and reflexes to keep her safe in case an assassin would actually reveal himself. But his priority right now was the sobbing Clementine.

He strolled over to her and knelt down in front of her. She didn't look up, her face covered by her hands and tears sreaming down her chin and dropping onto her bloodied blouse. Dietrich wondered if he could say anything to her, something comforting. He was inexperienced with this kind of behaviour, cheering people up was not really his job, had never really been his field of expertise. He could motivate people to do dark deeds yet comforting was something he was terrible at. Following a sudden idea, he retrieved the handkerchief that he had offered Angelika all the way back at the palace to clean her hands from the rust and dirt of the nails. He offered it to Clementine now and said:

"Shooo. Don't cry, don't grieve. I'm sure the Obersterfuhrurin will make them pay for what they did. I doubt she will let such sentiments and individuals who hold them run rampant in what belongs to her. Now here, wipe away the tears."

Clementine didn't stop crying but atleast she took her hands off her face, reddened eyes staring at him in fear. His soulless gasmask stared back, the handkerchief offered in front of it. She took it reluctantly and started wiping tears from her face, muttering a:

"Merci."

Meanwhile Dietrich's hand moved on to her breasts. He could see her paused as she noticed, her cheeks reddening in shame as he touched her. The shame apparently only got stronger as he carefully removed her torn blouse from her breasts, taking care not to drag it through the wounds below. A whistle of astonishment escaped him as he saw what had been done to her. He had heard of such practices though never experienced them since it sort of required collaborators. And once the Exilvanians were in charge there rarely were any collaborators apart from those who had served the Exilvanians already before they were there. But yes, she had been clearly branded as a traitor to her people, a Nachfolgian collaborator. He had seen the symbol carved into her flesh plenty of times untill now on the Nachfolgian troops strolling around just outside of the shop.

In a serious voice Dietrich said:

"Well, looks like someone felt the need to make sure you're recognisable as property of the Obersterfuhrurin. But they all are now. Maybe she will make sure everyone gets to feel the pain you went through?"

He looked her in the face, seeing her cheeks red as cherries with embarrassment, tears swelling up again in her eyes as she was reminded of what had been done to her again. In a move he hoped was comforting he stretched out his arms invitingly and said:

"Aw, come here. Let it all out. Don't be afraid, a blue uniform can handle some water."

She stared at him in disbelief for a moment, managing to let out a broken laugh before she hugged him tightly, crying onto his shoulder.

"But it can't...I should know..."

As they sat there, Clementine eventually moved her head, her face formerly buried in Dietrich's shoulder now looking at Angelika. Her eyes, filled with sadness and shame...suddenly started to change. A fire lit up within them and her brows furrowed in anger. Without Dietrich noticing, one of her hands moved down to his pistol holster. Her fingers moved swiftly and within moments the holster was opened and she held Dietrich's gun in her hands, pointing it at Angelika. She hesitated for one more moment, the gun shaking in her hands, before she pulled the trigger, firing the gun.

The shot rang out. Dietrich, when he heard the shot, could already guess who had shot and at whom. Afterall, there was no gun he knew off other than his own that had this peculiar sound and there were only two people within reach of his gun, one of whom's hands were accounted for. His head instantly turned around, nearly breacking his spine in the process, while he at the same time pushed Clementine away to prevent her from getting another well aimed shot off. Dietrich was fearing the worst, that Angelika had been hit, killed.

But she hadn't been hit. The bullet had whizzed past Angelika uncomfortably close...yet had found a different target. Dietrich could see a bullethole behind Angelika, next to the princesses, could see blood in what looked like thin air. But then the scenery moved and the blood collapsed onto the ground and Dietrich realised that it wasn't thin air but rather something or someome who that had taken on the exact same colour and patters as the background behind it. Slowly, as the assassin bled out on the ground, she lost that colour scheme, starting to look more and more like a young Yeuzuishan woman. He'd have almost thought of her as human if it wasn't for that strange ability. What did it remind him off? Oh yes, a Chameleon! He slapped himself as he realised it. Of course, there were so many different kinds of demi-humans in Yeuzuishan, of course there would also be Chameleon people. Damn, such an ability would make them hard to track down.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents