NATION

PASSWORD

[ACCEPTED; #1146] - Mother Knows Best

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:49 pm

I love it. I simply love it. :lol:

Baggieland wrote:In option 1, what was hard about the test? There's the possibility of some good humour here, thinking of a ridiculously difficult question about parenting.

I have an example here, unfortunately it's not about parenting, it's from the driving test in Thailand:

"If an elephant and a tank are both coming your way, which do you yield to?"

Something ridiculous like that.

If anyone is interested, the answer to the Thai driving test question is the tank. Don't ask me why.

Well, that was probably the most obvious part of it. Tanks are typically driven around by the military, and if the army is driving one around on the road, they likely have a good reason to do so. Same logic as to why you yield to police cars.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:52 pm

Chan Island wrote:Well, that was probably the most obvious part of it. Tanks are typically driven around by the military, and if the army is driving one around on the road, they likely have a good reason to do so. Same logic as to why you yield to police cars.

Personally, I'd yield to the elephant.

If you don't yield to the tank, you would assume the driver of the tank would see you and not wish to crush you.

Whereas an elephant is a wild animal and therefore less predictable.
Last edited by Baggieland on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:53 pm

At first I thought "tank" but then I remembered that elephants are awesome and maybe lead us to Caracasus.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sacara » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:02 pm

Although I feel like I just posted this, I don't particularly plan on keeping this one up for a long time. Probably a few more days until I submit -- I just need to settle on a title!
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:22 pm

Baggieland wrote:Whereas an elephant is a wild animal and therefore less predictable.
The ones you find walking down the street probably aren't.

Oh, and I just found there's this...

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:45 am

Trotterdam wrote:
Baggieland wrote:Whereas an elephant is a wild animal and therefore less predictable.
The ones you find walking down the street probably aren't.

Oh, and I just found there's this...

Beat me to it.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Sacara
Ambassador

Postby Sacara » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:03 am

Probably keep this up until November rolls around, then I will submit it.
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sacara
Ambassador

Postby Sacara » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Thanks to everyone who helped draft this -- just submitted it.

I kept the title as "Poor Parental Performances". Hopefully that's not a dealbreaker, and if an editor picks it up, I would not be opposed to a name change. :)
Commended by SC #382

Hediacrana
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hediacrana » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:19 pm

Sacara wrote:Thanks to everyone who helped draft this -- just submitted it.

I kept the title as "Poor Parental Performances". Hopefully that's not a dealbreaker, and if an editor picks it up, I would not be opposed to a name change. :)

Good luck!
'If you're not anti-war, then you're not fiscally conservative, and you're certainly not pro-life.'
Parent, spouse, leftist Christian and suspected witch.
She/her.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:47 am

Good Luck!
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?