NATION

PASSWORD

Stories in the Forest (OOC/1 slot open PC for adoption)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 57
Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:11 am

Thanks.
20 hours from now. I am coming home.
I love small redneck American towns.
Many times I leave from Miami or NYC and start driving North or South respectively to explore these little islands of inbred tranquillity.
It's also a very patriotic experience. Most houses in these towns have the flag of the States over them . More flags than an army camp.

User avatar
Codagh
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Oct 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Codagh » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Character Name: Lucas "Luke" Jackson
About the Character: While not necessarily new to town, the Jackson family is one of the newer ones to Woodview, having moved here in the 80s. Lucas is a third generation Jackson to live in Woodview, where he attends Woodview high. A senior in the high school, he was always known as 'that weird kid with the journal'. This is due to a journal keeps with him, chronicling anything he found weird or strange in the town. He does this because the young Lucas is obsessed with the paranormal, and has been convinced since elementary school that this town was a hotspot for paranormal or supernatural activity.

Lucas has spent most of his weekends since 8th grade in the woods, exploring and trying to figure out what was going on. It was on one of these trips that he met Monica Strumvitner. She was having some trouble with a new tent, and Lucas helped her fix it, even using some of the surrounding branches and leaves to make a few improvements. Lucas and Monica spent that weekend together in the woods, getting to know each other and learning about each other's hobbies. This was when she learned why he believed in the paranormal and researched it (will TG you).

The two never got close after that, but remained in a sort of limbo between acquaintance and friend. For the most part he remained that weird loner kid, but whenever the two would pass each other, they would usually talk for at least a moment or two. Most of the kids didn't want Lucas to come on this trip, but Monica insisted.

Image
Last edited by Codagh on Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26279
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:05 pm

Codagh wrote:Character Name: Lucas "Luke" Jackson
About the Character: While not necessarily new to town, the Jackson family is one of the newer ones to Woodview, having moved here in the 80s. Lucas is a third generation Jackson to live in Woodview, where he attends Woodview high. A senior in the high school, he was always known as 'that weird kid with the journal'. This is due to a journal keeps with him, chronicling anything he found weird or strange in the town. He does this because the young Lucas is obsessed with the paranormal, and has been convinced since elementary school that this town was a hotspot for paranormal or supernatural activity.

Lucas has spent most of his weekends since 8th grade in the woods, exploring and trying to figure out what was going on. It was on one of these trips that he met Monica Strumvitner. She was having some trouble with a new tent, and Lucas helped her fix it, even using some of the surrounding branches and leaves to make a few improvements. Lucas and Monica spent that weekend together in the woods, getting to know each other and learning about each other's hobbies. This was when she learned why he believed in the paranormal and researched it (will TG you).

The two never got close after that, but remained in a sort of limbo between acquaintance and friend. For the most part he remained that weird loner kid, but whenever the two would pass each other, they would usually talk for at least a moment or two. Most of the kids didn't want Lucas to come on this trip, but Monica insisted.


Looks good- go ahead and TG me and we can discuss it and what else may have happened. Welcome to the RP.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26279
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:25 pm

THE IC LINK

-----

Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich

Islamic Republic e Jariri

Ihury

And other who have tagged still have a slight chance of joining (with the assumption that their character has always been there and rode with either Evan or Carl who may have invited them as a last minute thought. Please do plan for such with Evan and Carl's players if such is the case or perhaps it became neccessary during planning.

The desired number of characters has been reached so those interested who have tagged and not yet been accepted will need to create characters that can weave into the present set up; entering smoothly into the scene.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10767
Founded: Apr 19, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:53 pm

Name: Marco Forester

Image


About: Resident Blue Eyes here was once known as Woodview's very own Huck Finn. He was born to a single mother who was a dancer in a travelling carnival that stopped over at Woodview every year or two. When he was six years old the amusement show was going down under and when stopping over at Woodview for their last performance his mother got together with a lumberjack, Dutch Forester whose surname Marco would be given. Marco's mother left the both of them two years later and was never heard from again.

Dutch was a tough but well meaning stepfather nonetheless who tried at first to raise Marco well but the boy hated and blamed him for his mother's absence and so a rift formed between them. Eventually Dutch went on to marry another woman but died five years later in an honest-to-god duel against some hillbilly over an insult. Marco's stepmother didn't much care for him and let the boy do as he wanted so long as he kept his distance. His father's death had brought a measure of infamy to the young Marco more so than his circus heritage and he became associated with a gang called the Outlaws.

Not much of an outright menace, Marco was known to smoke cigarettes in public and occasionally sleep in the local junkyard. By high school however he was known to ride a motorcycle and wear hair gel, embodying a more classic bad boy appearance that made him quite popular. He and Monica were classmates and by all accounts they got along well enough and Marco was now considered a generally laid back and friendly guy who only occasionally got into brawls with rival peers. Into his senior year Marco elected to drop out and work at the junkyard.

He's adopted a stray puppy he named Captain Marvel and the two are inseparable.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TITANS® RP Group
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
´*•.¸´*•.¸¸.•*´¸.•*´­
The Cake is a Lie
There Is Nothing Inside

Shine On

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26279
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Name: Marco Forester



About: Resident Blue Eyes here was once known as Woodview's very own Huck Finn. He was born to a single mother who was a dancer in a travelling carnival that stopped over at Woodview every year or two. When he was six years old the amusement show was going down under and when stopping over at Woodview for their last performance his mother got together with a lumberjack, Dutch Forester whose surname Marco would be given. Marco's mother left the both of them two years later and was never heard from again.

Dutch was a tough but well meaning stepfather nonetheless who tried at first to raise Marco well but the boy hated and blamed him for his mother's absence and so a rift formed between them. Eventually Dutch went on to marry another woman but died five years later in an honest-to-god duel against some hillbilly over an insult. Marco's stepmother didn't much care for him and let the boy do as he wanted so long as he kept his distance. His father's death had brought a measure of infamy to the young Marco more so than his circus heritage and he became associated with a gang called the Outlaws.

Not much of an outright menace, Marco was known to smoke cigarettes in public and occasionally sleep in the local junkyard. By high school however he was known to ride a motorcycle and wear hair gel, embodying a more classic bad boy appearance that made him quite popular. He and Monica were classmates and by all accounts they got along well enough and Marco was now considered a generally laid back and friendly guy who only occasionally got into brawls with rival peers. Into his senior year Marco elected to drop out and work at the junkyard.

He's adopted a stray puppy he named Captain Marvel and the two are inseparable.

Let's see how this goes- welcome to the RP. it's certainly been awhile.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26279
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:17 pm

Well, yeah not my best intro- I got a bit concerned over the delay so the last bit might have been rushed.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11809
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:12 am

I'll probably be able to get a post up tomorrow, but I probably won't have time today.
Patriotic centrist American, who is right leaning. I support the Bill of Rights. I have no loyalty to any party. Expand or die. That's how humanity works. Science fiction is the best genre. The solar system is ours for the taking. I am a male. You can't spell team without "me". I support the troops.
Call me Pax. I take things literally, being a literal person.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you think we should colonize other planets.
#colonizemars
TANSTAAFL
Freedom is never free, so remember those who died for it

The country is the people, not the gov't
Doomsday is inevitable. Learn to survive.
Quotes
Pro:Bill of Rights,guns,centrism,capitalism,socialism,space exploration,Christianity,privacy
Anti: Trump,Clinton,fascism,Communism,big business

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26279
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:I'll probably be able to get a post up tomorrow, but I probably won't have time today.

Thanks for letting me know.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11809
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:16 am

Harbertia wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:I'll probably be able to get a post up tomorrow, but I probably won't have time today.

Thanks for letting me know.

You're welcome Harb. I always try to alert people as to when I'll be able to post.
Patriotic centrist American, who is right leaning. I support the Bill of Rights. I have no loyalty to any party. Expand or die. That's how humanity works. Science fiction is the best genre. The solar system is ours for the taking. I am a male. You can't spell team without "me". I support the troops.
Call me Pax. I take things literally, being a literal person.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you think we should colonize other planets.
#colonizemars
TANSTAAFL
Freedom is never free, so remember those who died for it

The country is the people, not the gov't
Doomsday is inevitable. Learn to survive.
Quotes
Pro:Bill of Rights,guns,centrism,capitalism,socialism,space exploration,Christianity,privacy
Anti: Trump,Clinton,fascism,Communism,big business

User avatar
Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 57
Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:39 am

Please delete
Last edited by Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich on Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
I love small redneck American towns.
Many times I leave from Miami or NYC and start driving North or South respectively to explore these little islands of inbred tranquillity.
It's also a very patriotic experience. Most houses in these towns have the flag of the States over them . More flags than an army camp.

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26279
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:58 am

Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich wrote:Jake Rogers:
About the Character: Jake Rogers is a typical middle aged war veteran. Grew up in an inbred family of Hillybilliys in Dixie and was so bored with life, that war was like funland for him. He killed 35 men as a sniper there, and thats what proved to be problematic. You see, killing people is a strange kind of addiction and Jake couldn't really forego that urge when he returned back from the jungles of war back home. So he left home and became a wanderer, driving all day, travelling unknown roads, stopping at small wayside towns and hunting. He has got a vast bank of stories in his mind and wouldn't mind sharing some.

Unknown to most, he has participated in numerous bar brawls and two assaults, but that ain't a problem, is it?

He joined in Monica's group not because of the adventure or anything else, but simply because he liked seeing new faces.........................and imagine them in the crosshear. BANG.

I don't think you comprehend the set up.

Even while having seen the IC you didn't comprehend the set up.

Remove your post and in future cases please await a response before posting.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26279
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:33 am

Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich wrote:Please delete

I meant delete the IC post. There is never a reason to delete an application as you might want to recycle the concept in another RP and it's something I as the OP can simply deny (the character). My request was for the IC post to be removed.

There is an 'x' next to 'edit' on your post. Click the 'x' icon to delete the post.

Additionally I wouldn't have asked you to delete a post I responded to as that takes away the option to delete it- the best that can be done is what you have done by removing the text.

In the future do read more carefully to avoid such incidents.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10767
Founded: Apr 19, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:29 am

So can Marco have hitched a ride with Carl as a favor for helping fix his car?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TITANS® RP Group
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
´*•.¸´*•.¸¸.•*´¸.•*´­
The Cake is a Lie
There Is Nothing Inside

Shine On

User avatar
Indo-pasif archipelago
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1243
Founded: Jan 12, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Indo-pasif archipelago » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:30 am

This is.... interesting. I am going to post an app on this, sounds like a fun story with creepypasta vibe
And a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone. -Tyrion Lannister
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate - Dante's Inferno

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
[align=center]

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26279
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:26 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:So can Marco have hitched a ride with Carl as a favor for helping fix his car?

Yep.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10767
Founded: Apr 19, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:49 am

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:So can Marco have hitched a ride with Carl as a favor for helping fix his car?

Yep.


Sweet. Guess that puts his presence in place. Now to wait.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TITANS® RP Group
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
´*•.¸´*•.¸¸.•*´¸.•*´­
The Cake is a Lie
There Is Nothing Inside

Shine On

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26279
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:08 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Yep.


Sweet. Guess that puts his presence in place. Now to wait.

Indeed.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26279
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:07 pm

Ah I was too slow!
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Danceria
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9977
Founded: Aug 13, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danceria » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:57 pm

Harbertia wrote:Ah I was too slow!

Is that a mother-fucking Sanic the Fast Porcupine Reference?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26279
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:14 pm

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Ah I was too slow!

Is that a mother-fucking Sanic the Fast Porcupine Reference?

XD hahahaha *COUGHING*
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Minister
 
Posts: 2712
Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:19 am

I’ll have a post up later today

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26279
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:12 am

Let's aim for an organic conversation. Right now dialogue is going everywhere. Like- acknowledge that time has passed since much of today's posts topics where even a topic. Like- Evan's story was a while back.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10767
Founded: Apr 19, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:17 am

Speaking of organic conversations, should I wait for Will Drenson's response to Monty or reply to Carl Merrick first?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TITANS® RP Group
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
´*•.¸´*•.¸¸.•*´¸.•*´­
The Cake is a Lie
There Is Nothing Inside

Shine On

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26279
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:34 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Speaking of organic conversations, should I wait for Will Drenson's response to Monty or reply to Carl Merrick first?

To be honest the Carl post and Evan post both seem- out of sync with the conversation but- I hope it's the last hiccup in the flow.

Posts like that make it so- like- you imagine one thing and then a post like that comes up and you have to rewind things to imagine a new scene.

.... to be honest I've been waiting on Will and didn't post a response to Evan's story that far ago as Monty's reaction would have been too similar to Danceria's character's reaction.
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Britanania, Mes, Riysa, Tallahassee News Station, The Archipelago Territory, The Empire of Tau, The World Capitalist Confederation, Turmenista, Uttland

Advertisement

Remove ads