NATION

PASSWORD

Stories in the Forest (OOC/1 slot open PC for adoption)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:38 pm

I've expanded the OP post. If anything is objectable let me know. Again, the IC will be up tomorrow.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:10 pm

Dorians vs. Densons eh?

Well here's a good theme for it anyways: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzX1jPQNbYQ

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:19 pm

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Dorians vs. Densons eh?

Well here's a good theme for it anyways: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzX1jPQNbYQ

That's a familiar theme... like- even while I see it's from an original series it sounds so hauntingly familiar- as if I've heard it before.
Tomorrow is made today.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:38 pm

Harbertia wrote:
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Dorians vs. Densons eh?

That's a familiar theme... like- even while I see it's from an original series it sounds so hauntingly familiar- as if I've heard it before.

It's an excellent use of a lot of common traits of western music, and it also has a touch of Ecstasy of Gold in the beginning.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:44 pm

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:
Harbertia wrote:That's a familiar theme... like- even while I see it's from an original series it sounds so hauntingly familiar- as if I've heard it before.

It's an excellent use of a lot of common traits of western music, and it also has a touch of Ecstasy of Gold in the beginning.

That explains it.
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:42 pm

Harbertia wrote:
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:

That explains it.

> inb4 there's a prequel where the Densons and Dorians race to get MacGuffin, a bit of light-hearted comedy belying the seedy underbelly of 19th century corruption and lawlessness
I love the fact that we've already got a little bit of a tense backstory, and we haven't even gotten to the light-hearted introduction arc yet!
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:51 pm

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote:That explains it.

> inb4 there's a prequel where the Densons and Dorians race to get MacGuffin, a bit of light-hearted comedy belying the seedy underbelly of 19th century corruption and lawlessness
I love the fact that we've already got a little bit of a tense backstory, and we haven't even gotten to the light-hearted introduction arc yet!

^_^ Same. This is the type of set up I am pleased with. I kept striving for such in previous RPs but no one could really get what I meant trying to describe it XD So the fact that such just emerged naturally is awesome to me :D
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:45 am

Goodmorning everyone. I stayed up a bit latter then I had hoped (1 AM) and got up around 8:50-something so their is still time to sign up. The IC is being worked on right now. Additionally my nephew and sister are over so the delay may be hours. I'll try to get it up as soon as I can.
Tomorrow is made today.

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:29 am

I should finish the rest of my app sometime in the afternoon.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:33 am

Tag
I love small redneck American towns.
Many times I leave from Miami or NYC and start driving North or South respectively to explore these little islands of inbred tranquillity.
It's also a very patriotic experience. Most houses in these towns have the flag of the States over them . More flags than an army camp.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:27 am

Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich wrote:Tag

The IC is set to launch today so a prompt Application will be beneficial to your involvement.
Tomorrow is made today.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:42 am

Wow, retro. Tagged.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:50 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Wow, retro. Tagged.

^_^ :D 8)
Tomorrow is made today.

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:12 am

Here's a faraway tourist character to spice things up.

Character Name
Vladimir Andreyevich Muratov
Владимир Андреевич Муратов / ウラジーミル アンドレイエヴィッチ ムラトフ

About the Character
Vladimir Andreyevich Muratov was born in the outskirts of Hakodate, Hokkaido, on 28 May 2000. His father, Andrei Lavrentiyevich Muratov, was an accountant of Russian and Abkhazian descent, while his mother, Yuriko Muratov née Rokuda, is a piano teacher and retired ballerina.

From young, Vladimir possessed a wildly independent streak, always seeking to try new things of any sort, be it food (he once ate a lizard out of curiosity), games, or sports. Shortly after his parents' divorce in 2007, 7-year-old Vladimir, on the insistence of his mother, began learning karate. He continued to explore the more quiet, less built-up areas of the city, and made frequent trips with his mother to rural areas of Hokkaido; from young, Vladimir had already begun to develop a desire to travel around and see the world.

Throughout his middle school and high school years, Vladimir saved up every spare dollar he had on him, be it pocket money or prize money from the karate competitions he won. Having few friends in real life (partly due to his quiet demeanour and partly because he was hafu), Vladimir spent most of his free time improving his English by conversing with friends over the internet (as a result, he speaks English with a cockney, having had long conversations over Skype with a boy from London) and writing short stories in his diary. During school holidays, Vladimir would still go for long trips to the countryside with his mother, who encouraged her son's desire to see the world and supported his desire to go for a long trip after high school.

Upon finishing his university entrance exams and securing a spot in the highly prestigious Hokkaido University, Vladimir was finally ready to go off on his long trip. He'd made plans: an online friend of his living in New York, one Daniel Winter, had arranged to meet up with him, but only after Vladimir had had time to sightsee the more rural parts of the US, on his own. After touching down in Richmond, VA, and staying a night there, Vladimir would then go on a series of different stops up northwards, and then finally meet Daniel face to face for the first time in Central Park.

Armed with his father's samovar set (which he'd conveniently forgotten to take after the divorce), four sets of clothes, and US$1,000 that he'd saved up over five or six years, Vladimir Muratov set off on his long trip in the US, which he'd timed to conclude just as he was to begin university. As of now, Vladimir's first stop is a little town named Woodview in West Virginia, where one of his friend's friends, a certain Monica Strumvitner, lives.
Last edited by Ihury on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:32 am

Ihury wrote:Here's a faraway tourist character to spice things up.

Character Name
Vladimir Andreyevich Muratov
Владимир Андреевич Муратов / ウラジーミル アンドレイエヴィッチ ムラトフ

About the Character
Vladimir Andreyevich Muratov was born in the outskirts of Hakodate, Hokkaido, on 28 May 2000. His father, Andrei Lavrentiyevich Muratov, was an accountant of Russian and Abkhazian descent, while his mother, Yuriko Muratov née Rokuda, is a piano teacher and retired ballerina.

From young, Vladimir possessed a wildly independent streak, always seeking to try new things of any sort, be it food (he once ate a lizard out of curiosity), games, or sports. Shortly after his parents' divorce in 2007, 7-year-old Vladimir, on the insistence of his mother, began learning karate. He continued to explore the more quiet, less built-up areas of the city, and made frequent trips with his mother to rural areas of Hokkaido; from young, Vladimir had already begun to develop a desire to travel around and see the world.

Throughout his middle school and high school years, Vladimir saved up every spare dollar he had on him, be it pocket money or prize money from the karate competitions he won. Having few friends in real life (partly due to his quiet demeanour and partly because he was hafu), Vladimir spent most of his free time improving his English by conversing with friends over the internet (as a result, he speaks English with a cockney, having had long conversations over Skype with a boy from London) and writing short stories in his diary. During school holidays, Vladimir would still go for long trips to the countryside with his mother, who encouraged her son's desire to see the world and supported his desire to go for a long trip after high school.

Upon finishing his university entrance exams and securing a spot in the highly prestigious Hokkaido University, Vladimir was finally ready to go off on his long trip. He'd made plans: an online friend of his living in New York, one Daniel Winter, had arranged to meet up with him, but only after Vladimir had had time to sightsee the more rural parts of the US, on his own. After touching down in Richmond, VA, and staying a night there, Vladimir would then go on a series of different stops up northwards, and then finally meet Daniel face to face for the first time in Central Park.

Armed with his father's samovar set (which he'd conveniently forgotten to take after the divorce), four sets of clothes, and US$1,000 that he'd saved up over five or six years, Vladimir Muratov set off on his long trip in the US, which he'd timed to conclude just as he was to begin university. First stop after leaving Richmond was a little town in West Virginia named Woodview, where Vladimir could meet up with one of Daniel's acquaintances, a certain lady named Monica Strumvitner.

I maybe able to provide something for your character- though I suspect that for much of the early RP you'll have to write for yourself as the IC is being designed to focus on the group at the campsite. Should you decide that despite this you still want to be involved I'll attempt to provide for you even if main events don't include the character.
Tomorrow is made today.

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:40 am

Harbertia wrote:I maybe able to provide something for your character- though I suspect that for much of the early RP you'll have to write for yourself as the IC is being designed to focus on the group at the campsite. Should you decide that despite this you still want to be involved I'll attempt to provide for you even if main events don't include the character.

Oh, I meant that he was already at the campsite, and not merely approaching it. I'll edit my app to make it clearer.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:51 am

Ihury wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I maybe able to provide something for your character- though I suspect that for much of the early RP you'll have to write for yourself as the IC is being designed to focus on the group at the campsite. Should you decide that despite this you still want to be involved I'll attempt to provide for you even if main events don't include the character.

Oh, I meant that he was already at the campsite, and not merely approaching it. I'll edit my app to make it clearer.

.... I did take it as him not having yet found her but- ok let's figure this out. Vladimir is a foreign friend of a New Yorker named Daniel who is acquainted with Monica. Monica and her friends from her school days have been planning this camping trip for a while and Daniel directed Vlad to meet up with Monica.

I'm attempting to devise why Monica would make room for him in the plans so he can attend. She doesn't really know him and he's a friend of a friend so it'd be awkward having him along- I feel that she'd suggest they meet up- after the trip as Vlad would be a third wheel not knowing anyone and only really having heard of Monica before, so he wouldn't have a great time. She'd still make time to meet him but the camping trip is personal. Any ideas why this wouldn't be the case?
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:35 am

Harbertia wrote:
Ihury wrote:

.... I did take it as him not having yet found her but- ok let's figure this out. Vladimir is a foreign friend of a New Yorker named Daniel who is acquainted with Monica. Monica and her friends from her school days have been planning this camping trip for a while and Daniel directed Vlad to meet up with Monica.

I'm attempting to devise why Monica would make room for him in the plans so he can attend. She doesn't really know him and he's a friend of a friend so it'd be awkward having him along- I feel that she'd suggest they meet up- after the trip as Vlad would be a third wheel not knowing anyone and only really having heard of Monica before, so he wouldn't have a great time. She'd still make time to meet him but the camping trip is personal. Any ideas why this wouldn't be the case?

Ah, I seem to have misinterpreted the nature of the camping trip, then. I was somehow under the impression that it was just a sort of casual get-together of sorts rather than a more personal thing.

In any case, I’ll probably make a more major revamp to the character, when I wake up. It’s 1:30AM where I am, and I’d rather not misread more things while I’m at it.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:42 am

Ihury wrote:
Harbertia wrote:.... I did take it as him not having yet found her but- ok let's figure this out. Vladimir is a foreign friend of a New Yorker named Daniel who is acquainted with Monica. Monica and her friends from her school days have been planning this camping trip for a while and Daniel directed Vlad to meet up with Monica.

Ah, I seem to have misinterpreted the nature of the camping trip, then. I was somehow under the impression that it was just a sort of casual get-together of sorts rather than a more personal thing.

In any case, I’ll probably make a more major revamp to the character, when I wake up. It’s 1:30AM where I am, and I’d rather not misread more things while I’m at it.

I can understand as I was doing the same thing last night on a different site. It's 1:42 PM here so do indeed get some rest.
Tomorrow is made today.

Comradeistan
Attaché

Founded: Feb 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Comradeistan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:44 am

Tag.

This seems interesting... I might make a boy scout Character...
Rated a 10/10 nation according to This Index.

This nation is a meme nation, And does not represent my views.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:45 am

Character Name: Alban Bahr
About the Character: He is new to town and has moved here because of work.
He is: schizophrenic (he sees things and can't always tell what's real and not), very smart, and quiet.
He's German.
He's moderately rich (he's Upper Middle Class)

Early Life:
He was born in 1991 to a poor family. His mental condition wasn't seen until he was 14 and still seeing "Monsters". Despite his mental condition; he went on to go to Harvard to become a Psychiatrist.
He found a job in New York City at a mental institute until it was closed down due to scrutiny of patient abuse. He came to this town to open up a small-time mental hospital with some of his former colleagues.
Last edited by New Tussia on Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have I been here long enough to be considered an NS elder yet or no?
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:00 am

New Tussia wrote:Character Name: Alban Bahr
He is: schizophrenic (he sees things and can't always tell what's real and not), very smart, and quiet.
He's German.

Can you expand the biography to include aspects of his life experiences.
Tomorrow is made today.

Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:02 am

OOC- Can you just gimme 20 hours more.
I am gonna Role play a lot I promise.
I love small redneck American towns.
Many times I leave from Miami or NYC and start driving North or South respectively to explore these little islands of inbred tranquillity.
It's also a very patriotic experience. Most houses in these towns have the flag of the States over them . More flags than an army camp.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:05 am

Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich wrote:OOC- Can you just gimme 20 hours more.

Sure- It's taking me longer to get the IC written then I thought it would. I had set the launch to be at 8 AM but now it's 2 PM where I am at and I've only got a single paragraph. I stayed up late last night discussing the setting so I slept in a bit longer then expected- then my nephew and sister where over so- yeah I can give you more time due to these delays.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:07 am

Harbertia wrote:
Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich wrote:OOC- Can you just gimme 20 hours more.

Sure- It's taking me longer to get the IC written then I thought it would. I had set the launch to be at 8 AM but now it's 2 PM where I am at and I've only got a single paragraph. I stayed up late last night discussing the setting so I slept in a bit longer then expected- then my nephew and sister where over so- yeah I can give you more time due to these delays.
New Tussia wrote:Character Name: Alban Bahr
He's German.

Early Life:
He was born in 1991 to a poor family. His mental condition wasn't seen until he was 14 and still seeing "Monsters". Despite his mental condition; he went on to go to Harvard to become a Psychiatrist.
He found a job in New York City at a mental institute until it was closed down due to scrutiny of patient abuse. He came to this town to open up a small-time mental hospital with some of his former colleagues.

Edited mine! :)
Have I been here long enough to be considered an NS elder yet or no?
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse