NATION

PASSWORD

Scorinators (OOC Discussion)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Koana Islands wrote:I've been searching for days but have finally given up and decided to ask for help. Can anybody send me the link to the website that allows you to scorinate soccer/football results? It looks like this:

(Image)

I don't know if we should count it as scorination in all honesty. I remember using that once for a test and it just felt basic/cramped.
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:38 pm

While its perfectly fine to use that leaguesimulator.eu site or FM or FIFA or even just make up scores for a domestic league, they probably shouldn't be used for international tournaments.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Joshenia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshenia » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:26 pm

Free Republics wrote:While its perfectly fine to use that leaguesimulator.eu site or FM or FIFA or even just make up scores for a domestic league, they probably shouldn't be used for international tournaments.

FM is a pretty advanced football simulator you know. FiFA is no way a simulator

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:08 pm

Joshenia wrote:
Free Republics wrote:While its perfectly fine to use that leaguesimulator.eu site or FM or FIFA or even just make up scores for a domestic league, they probably shouldn't be used for international tournaments.

FM is a pretty advanced football simulator you know. FiFA is no way a simulator

Can't factor the RPs, which are kind of the meat of International Tournaments. Likewise with leaguesimulator.eu.

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

Wuriya
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Wuriya » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Hello, Does tutorial books for use scorinator program?
------------------------------
FactbookEmbassy ProgramGaruda Wuriyan
Trigram: WRY | Location: Southeast Asia | Population: 97,450,000

Listel
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Listel » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:44 pm

So probbaly really nooby question but I have the sport I want open and what do I do now?

Squornshelan Remnant States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Squornshelan Remnant States » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:09 pm

Listel wrote:So probbaly really nooby question but I have the sport I want open and what do I do now?

You might get more answers if you specify which scorinator you are asking for help with.
The Confederacy of Squornshelan Remnant States
Successor State to the Imperium of Squornshelous
World Cup 31 Champions
AOCAF Cup 69 Champions
ARC 1 Champions
World Cup:
2nd: 15, 38
3rd: 20, 25
SF: 18, 27
QF: 5, 11, 12, 22, 30, 32, 33, 34, 40
Ro16: 6, 7, 9, 16, 21, 23, 24, 28, 36, 37, 39, 90, 93
Group Stage: 8, 10, 13, 17, 19, 26, 29, 35, 41, 88, 91, 92, 94
DNQ: 14, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89, 95
Cup of Harmony:
QF: 6, 73, 75, 81
Ro16: 74
Ro32: 79
Group Stage: 76, 77, 87
Regional:
2nd: AOCAF65
3rd: IAC8, AOCAF67, AOCAF68
QF: IAC10, IAC13, AOCAF66, AOCAF70
2nd Round: IAC6, IAC7, IAC12
1st Round: IAC9, IAC11
Other:
BoF68 QF

Squorn is an unknowable entity -Mriin

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Wuriya wrote:Hello, Does tutorial books for use scorinator program?

Well, I did this one back in the day... If you got any questions, don't hesitate.

95X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: Scorinators

Postby 95X » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:42 pm

Saw something that tangentially relates to scorinators and thought I'd share.

A Pew Research study states the percentage of adults in the United States that own and use a smartphone exceed those who use a desktop or laptop computer: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... of-growth/

Additional data says 20 percent of the US Adult population uses only a phone to access the internet: http://www.pewinternet.org/fact-sheet/mobile/ (Scroll down to "Smartphone dependency over time")

Obviously, a survey of those 18-plus in only one country isn't necessarily indicative of NS users. But I will mention that the community-accepted scorinators we do have (namely, xkoranate and NSFS) were programmed by members of NS Sports that had the talent and inclination to do so.
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
Is it sad that some I learned AO4LIFE from are no longer in Atlantian Oceania?
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
‘Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers at the end of pencils.’—Bob Monkhouse paraphrase
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4, 7 & 9 Champions!

Free Republics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:32 pm

95X wrote:Saw something that tangentially relates to scorinators and thought I'd share.

A Pew Research study states the percentage of adults in the United States that own and use a smartphone exceed those who use a desktop or laptop computer: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... of-growth/

Additional data says 20 percent of the US Adult population uses only a phone to access the internet: http://www.pewinternet.org/fact-sheet/mobile/ (Scroll down to "Smartphone dependency over time")

Obviously, a survey of those 18-plus in only one country isn't necessarily indicative of NS users. But I will mention that the community-accepted scorinators we do have (namely, xkoranate and NSFS) were programmed by members of NS Sports that had the talent and inclination to do so.

The numbers are much likely larger worldwide (or even just in the English-speaking world in general) since the United States is a relatively wealthy country and I'd say there's a definite need given how frequently people have asked whether they can run xkoranate on their iPhone, Android phone or Chromebook.

At some point, I'd like to create a web-based scorination platform capable of scorinating the Olympics which would have some kind of an account system (collecting only the minimum amount of data necessary to fulfill its functions and using a secure system to store passwords) and the ability to save results in a database. If I ever get around to creating this (and its still a ways off), I'd release the code publicly and probably introduce it with a large multi-sport tournament of some kind.

Supporting both iOS and Android requires the creation of two completely different but equivalent apps, likely written in 2 completely different programming languages, and paying an annual fee to Apple to release the app on their app store (the only way to get software on an iOS device) and possibly paying a one-time fee to Google (which is required to release an app on Google Play, though Android allows apps to be installed from other app stores or even by being downloaded directly from the web).
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25

North Quadana
Attaché

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby North Quadana » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:55 pm

So, I tried to add the SGIS formula to the formulas on xkoronate, but I can't seem to find out how to do that. Can someone please help me?

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:11 pm

North Quadana wrote:So, I tried to add the SGIS formula to the formulas on xkoronate, but I can't seem to find out how to do that. Can someone please help me?

Yeah, I had this exact same problem last year. Does the below code, my end result after a couple of hours of publically wondering at the time, work?
Code: Select all
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <sport version="0.3">
        <name>Association football—SGIS formula</name>
        <discipline>Association football</discipline>
        <event>SGIS formula</event>
        <scorinator /> <!-- only one scorinator is needed for this event -->

<paradigm>sqis</paradigm>
        <paradigmOptions>
          <double type="constantA">0.11</double>
          <double type="constantB">0.08</double>
          <double type="homeAdvantage">1.223333333333</double>
          <double type="homeAdvantageGG">0.123333333333</double>
          <int type="attacks">12</int>
          <double type="etAttackCoeff">0.293333333333</double>
          <int type="shootoutLength">5</int>
          <double type="goldenGoalProb">0.4</double>
          <double type="shootoutProb">0.65</double>
          <int type="pointValues">1</int>
          <double type="attackCoeffs">1</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleCoeffA">2.0000000000000</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleCoeffB">1.2000000000000</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleExponent">-0.23705203296846</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleOffset">0.102435335725325</double>
          <string type="tableHeaderGoalsFor">GF</string>
          <string type="tableHeaderGoalsAgainst">GA</string>
          <string type="tableHeaderGoalDifference">GD</string>
          <list type="tiebreakers">
             <string>extratime</string>
             <string>shootout</string>
          </list>
          <list type="tiebreakerNames">
             <string>AET</string>
             <string>pen.</string>
          </list>
        </paradigmOptions>

<!-- the style modifier distribution is a bit wonky because negative modifiers are less likely to take effect -->
        <dataPoints name="style">
          <dataPoint pos="0">-3</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="0.4">-1</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="0.5">0</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="0.65">0</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="1">3</dataPoint>
        </dataPoints>
    </sport>
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

North Quadana
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby North Quadana » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:47 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
North Quadana wrote:So, I tried to add the SGIS formula to the formulas on xkoronate, but I can't seem to find out how to do that. Can someone please help me?

Yeah, I had this exact same problem last year. Does the below code, my end result after a couple of hours of publically wondering at the time, work?
Code: Select all
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <sport version="0.3">
        <name>Association football—SGIS formula</name>
        <discipline>Association football</discipline>
        <event>SGIS formula</event>
        <scorinator /> <!-- only one scorinator is needed for this event -->

<paradigm>sqis</paradigm>
        <paradigmOptions>
          <double type="constantA">0.11</double>
          <double type="constantB">0.08</double>
          <double type="homeAdvantage">1.223333333333</double>
          <double type="homeAdvantageGG">0.123333333333</double>
          <int type="attacks">12</int>
          <double type="etAttackCoeff">0.293333333333</double>
          <int type="shootoutLength">5</int>
          <double type="goldenGoalProb">0.4</double>
          <double type="shootoutProb">0.65</double>
          <int type="pointValues">1</int>
          <double type="attackCoeffs">1</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleCoeffA">2.0000000000000</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleCoeffB">1.2000000000000</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleExponent">-0.23705203296846</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleOffset">0.102435335725325</double>
          <string type="tableHeaderGoalsFor">GF</string>
          <string type="tableHeaderGoalsAgainst">GA</string>
          <string type="tableHeaderGoalDifference">GD</string>
          <list type="tiebreakers">
             <string>extratime</string>
             <string>shootout</string>
          </list>
          <list type="tiebreakerNames">
             <string>AET</string>
             <string>pen.</string>
          </list>
        </paradigmOptions>

<!-- the style modifier distribution is a bit wonky because negative modifiers are less likely to take effect -->
        <dataPoints name="style">
          <dataPoint pos="0">-3</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="0.4">-1</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="0.5">0</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="0.65">0</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="1">3</dataPoint>
        </dataPoints>
    </sport>

I had the code, but i can't seem to find out where should i put it.

95X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: SGIS file

Postby 95X » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:57 pm

North Quadana wrote:I had the code, but i can't seem to find out where should i put it.
If you open the folder xkoranate is contained in, you should see a folder named "sports". Inside that folder is a folder called "associationfootball"; incursive is yet another called "associationfootball". That folder should have three files: "football_footba11er.xml", football_nsfs.xml" and "football_sqis.xml". You want to save the SGIS code as the file "football_sgis.xml".

When you re-open xkoranate, SGIS should now appear as an option.
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
Is it sad that some I learned AO4LIFE from are no longer in Atlantian Oceania?
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
‘Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers at the end of pencils.’—Bob Monkhouse paraphrase
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4, 7 & 9 Champions!

North Quadana
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby North Quadana » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:27 am

95X wrote:
North Quadana wrote:I had the code, but i can't seem to find out where should i put it.
If you open the folder xkoranate is contained in, you should see a folder named "sports". Inside that folder is a folder called "associationfootball"; incursive is yet another called "associationfootball". That folder should have three files: "football_footba11er.xml", football_nsfs.xml" and "football_sqis.xml". You want to save the SGIS code as the file "football_sgis.xml".

When you re-open xkoranate, SGIS should now appear as an option.

Thanks.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:22 am

I shared this the other day for the folks in the North Pacific, who are setting up their own World Cup having done some messing around, by way of giving them some advice with how xkoranate works to get things going for them. I took one of Zwang's posts, one that I've used myself as guidance, and fleshed it out a little, added some screenshots, and came up with: xkoranate for Dummies.

Interested to see what the community at large thinks of the guide, and if it's missing anything in regard to starting a football tournament.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Baranil
Envoy

Founded: Oct 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Baranil » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:24 am

Hey all, is there a way that I could make my speedway league where 6 riders compete in each heat with a race lasting 14 heats and riders score 5 pts for winning a race, 4 pts for coming second, 3 pts for coming third, 2 pts for coming fourth, 1 pt for coming fifth and nothing for coming sixth?

It may sound a bit complicated but there's 252 points available in a race with both teams getting a minimum 42 of those points (so the highest possible victory would be 210-42), the code for how to do this is all I need.
Uses NS Stats.

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Starblaydia wrote:I shared this the other day for the folks in the North Pacific, who are setting up their own World Cup having done some messing around, by way of giving them some advice with how xkoranate works to get things going for them. I took one of Zwang's posts, one that I've used myself as guidance, and fleshed it out a little, added some screenshots, and came up with: xkoranate for Dummies.

Interested to see what the community at large thinks of the guide, and if it's missing anything in regard to starting a football tournament.

This is excellent for anyone who might be a bit intimidated by the program and how to use all of the variables. I learned a lot of this by trial and error, but I still picked a couple of things I didn't know reading this.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:48 am

Commonwealth of Baker Park wrote:
Starblaydia wrote:I shared this the other day for the folks in the North Pacific, who are setting up their own World Cup having done some messing around, by way of giving them some advice with how xkoranate works to get things going for them. I took one of Zwang's posts, one that I've used myself as guidance, and fleshed it out a little, added some screenshots, and came up with: xkoranate for Dummies.

This is excellent for anyone who might be a bit intimidated by the program and how to use all of the variables. I learned a lot of this by trial and error, but I still picked a couple of things I didn't know reading this.

Thanks BP, glad it helped.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:48 pm

Are there any scorinators that work on Chromebooks?
Cricket Rankings
  • Test Cricket: 11th (out of 12)
  • ODI: 25th (out of 48)
  • T20I: 12th (out of 39)
Cricket Stats

Updated on 28 February, 2021 (15:51 NZT)
Sarvatra Vijay (Victory Everywhere)
Pratapgadh Domestic Sportswire

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:23 pm

Pratapgadh wrote:Are there any scorinators that work on Chromebooks?

Scorinators based on Google Spreadsheets work in Chromebooks.

Yet, to use xkoranate, you'll need some way to emulate Windows.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Qusmo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Qusmo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:18 pm

I've heard good things about https://www.leaguesimulator.eu/, though I haven't used it myself. It has been used for scorinating one's own domestic leagues & seems adequate for that purpose, but I don't think it's powerful enough to be used for any sort of international tournament, from what I've seen.
Hello! It's nice to see you again.
Qusma projects include: uni·q · Free Qusmo · Original Qusma newswire
Puppets: Sanford · Space Laser Dinosaur Robot Pirate Land · Xuois · The Heraion · UNI-Q
Feel free to newgen Qusmi'y for your leagues with this Qusma name generator, which generates fifty new Qusma names upon each page refresh.
Support: Good things
Against: Bad things
Neutral: Other things
"what the fuck qusmo"

Free Republics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:38 pm

Lisander wrote:

Scorinators based on Google Spreadsheets work in Chromebooks.

Yet, to use xkoranate, you'll need some way to emulate Windows.

Xkoranate will also run on Mac OS and Linux (and also any OS that supports its graphics framework).

It may be possible to run xkoranate on ChromeOS if there's a way to install Qt Creator and compile the xkoranate source code but getting it to compile on Linux with a modern version of Qt requires replacing and/or commenting out some function calls that have been deprecated and removed from the framework (in other words, you have to make some minor changes to the source code and doing this probably requires at least an intermediate level of programming).
Last edited by Free Republics on Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:31 pm

Are there any excel sheet scorinators for kabaddi, football and other sports?
Last edited by Pratapgadh on Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cricket Rankings
  • Test Cricket: 11th (out of 12)
  • ODI: 25th (out of 48)
  • T20I: 12th (out of 39)
Cricket Stats

Updated on 28 February, 2021 (15:51 NZT)
Sarvatra Vijay (Victory Everywhere)
Pratapgadh Domestic Sportswire

Apl0n
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Apl0n » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:46 pm

Free Republics wrote:
95X wrote:Saw something that tangentially relates to scorinators and thought I'd share.

The numbers are much likely larger worldwide (or even just in the English-speaking world in general) since the United States is a relatively wealthy country and I'd say there's a definite need given how frequently people have asked whether they can run xkoranate on their iPhone, Android phone or Chromebook.

At some point, I'd like to create a web-based scorination platform capable of scorinating the Olympics which would have some kind of an account system (collecting only the minimum amount of data necessary to fulfill its functions and using a secure system to store passwords) and the ability to save results in a database. If I ever get around to creating this (and its still a ways off), I'd release the code publicly and probably introduce it with a large multi-sport tournament of some kind.

Supporting both iOS and Android requires the creation of two completely different but equivalent apps, likely written in 2 completely different programming languages, and paying an annual fee to Apple to release the app on their app store (the only way to get software on an iOS device) and possibly paying a one-time fee to Google (which is required to release an app on Google Play, though Android allows apps to be installed from other app stores or even by being downloaded directly from the web).

Ik i'm very late, but if you do this, do not release on galaxy apps. It's a breeding ground for viruses.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports