NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend Queen Yuno

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: [DRAFT] Commend Queen Yuno

Postby Yohannes » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:47 pm

I don't know what's happening here (I've never been a Gameplay person and I hope that no one will try to] politicise this post) but I just want to say Yuno you are still my NationStates friend (on website). I don't know what happen here (and I won't try to know what happened as I'm not a Gameplayer) but just so you know we're here for u if you need people to talk to You can find me @Discord

Hope things are well

Yohannes
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:38 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:UM is weirdly quiet because he's working on significant revisions to this.

Well that would certainly be good, since (going off of Yuno's interactions with the proposal and in this thread) the current proposal is basically a poorly detailed, and honestly poorly written self-commend. It feels like the author has an addiction to Thesaurus.com and to unnecessary adjectives in general.

To pre-empt anybody being like "Tim why don't you help then if you think it sucks", I oppose the nominee getting a commendation at this time regardless of who wrote it or how it's written.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:56 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:
United Massachusetts wrote:UM is weirdly quiet because he's working on significant revisions to this.

Well that would certainly be good, since (going off of Yuno's interactions with the proposal and in this thread) the current proposal is basically a poorly detailed, and honestly poorly written self-commend. It feels like the author has an addiction to Thesaurus.com and to unnecessary adjectives in general.

To pre-empt anybody being like "Tim why don't you help then if you think it sucks", I oppose the nominee getting a commendation at this time regardless of who wrote it or how it's written.

I didn't use a Thesaurus in writing this (nor have I ever for a proposal, I don't think). Please have justification for your claims next time.
Last edited by United Massachusetts on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mr Bubbly
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mr Bubbly » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Upon perusing the condemn Chan Island thread, there was a few links posted in regards to the whole predator scandal. A few of the caught my eye. Do we really want to be commending someone who defended the use of predator?

There was also more goodies in those linked threads. There seemed to be another nation who was punished for the use of predator, one Texasa. That person just happened to be a member of Catholic, which the author of this here commendation United Massachusetts just also happened to be a member of and was actively involved in defending this person.

I think we have to ask, what does United Massachusetts know, and when exactly did he know it? Actively trying to defend a person who defended the use of predator, and defending another person who was banned for it? I think we deserve some very convincing answers before we can seriously even begin to consider this.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:42 pm

nah mate. not until she stops her heathen loli ways im a member of the lolice and this is within jurisdiction
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy

Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Mr Bubbly wrote:Upon perusing the condemn Chan Island thread, there was a few links posted in regards to the whole predator scandal. A few of the caught my eye. Do we really want to be commending someone who defended the use of predator?

There was also more goodies in those linked threads. There seemed to be another nation who was punished for the use of predator, one Texasa. That person just happened to be a member of Catholic, which the author of this here commendation United Massachusetts just also happened to be a member of and was actively involved in defending this person.

I think we have to ask, what does United Massachusetts know, and when exactly did he know it? Actively trying to defend a person who defended the use of predator, and defending another person who was banned for it? I think we deserve some very convincing answers before we can seriously even begin to consider this.

That was 2 1/2 years ago, and, in the case of Yuno, occurred before the tool was even announced as illegal (Yuno didn't even know it was illegal at the time.)

In regards to United Massachusetts, the person they defended (one Texasa) appealed their punishment and it was granted, so clearly they didn't do much wrong.
Last edited by The Tri State Area and Maine on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:34 pm

Mr Bubbly wrote:Upon perusing the condemn Chan Island thread, there was a few links posted in regards to the whole predator scandal. A few of the caught my eye. Do we really want to be commending someone who defended the use of predator?

:roll: Texasa was a regionmate at the time (in RtL, not Catholic), and we had significant OOC reason to believe that Texasa was falsely reporting themselves for an OOC reason, not knowing the consequences. For the sake of Texasa's privacy, I'm not going to say what that was, but the mods thought it considerable enough to grant the appeal.

These accusations are baseless.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:15 pm

The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:In regards to United Massachusetts, the person they defended (one Texasa) appealed their punishment and it was granted, so clearly they didn't do much wrong.

To add to this: The usage logs of the tool that I sent the mods never showed Texasa using the Predator tool. Texasa was also never a member of any of the organizations that made use of Predator.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Mr Bubbly
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mr Bubbly » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:55 pm

RiderSyl wrote:
The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:In regards to United Massachusetts, the person they defended (one Texasa) appealed their punishment and it was granted, so clearly they didn't do much wrong.

To add to this: The usage logs of the tool that I sent the mods never showed Texasa using the Predator tool. Texasa was also never a member of any of the organizations that made use of Predator.

I can understand and accept that. I wasn't sure if it was that huge of an issue, but I thought clarification should be in order. On the other hand, UM sidestepped the whole Yuno defending the use of predator. Whether or not she knew it was illegal or not, she seemed very adamant that it actually was legal, and was a member of an organization, in which she was a very active participant which was ultimately condemned and in fact outright deleted for using it. To me, that does not seem like someone that should be commended, whether or not she has led a GCR and obtained oodles of endorsements. If we are going to commend someone, we deserve to know the whole story behind that player/nation, not just tidbits that have been cherry picked and polished up to appear that they actually are.

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:10 pm

edit
mr bubbly referred to den not yuno
Last edited by Cosmopolitan borovan on Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:35 pm

Mr Bubbly wrote:On the other hand, UM sidestepped the whole Yuno defending the use of predator. Whether or not she knew it was illegal or not, she seemed very adamant that it actually was legal, and was a member of an organization, in which she was a very active participant which was ultimately condemned and in fact outright deleted for using it. To me, that does not seem like someone that should be commended, whether or not she has led a GCR and obtained oodles of endorsements.

She was active but insignificant in DEN before the region was deleted, and had nothing to do with the usage of Predator.

And if being adamantly wrong in the past is a disqualification for being Commended, then we'd better get working on a lot of repeals.

Mr Bubbly wrote:If we are going to commend someone, we deserve to know the whole story behind that player/nation, not just tidbits that have been cherry picked and polished up to appear that they actually are.

"Tidbits that have been cherry picked and polished up" are also known as "Commendation Proposals". :lol:
Last edited by RiderSyl on Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:13 pm

If I recall correctly (as this was years ago,) I joined DEN when I was one day old(one week old?) on NS, and opened the first telegram I got, the only telegram that mentioned WAR (out of all telegrams and I just joined NS from a MMORPG based on war.) I joined DEN and the first thing they did was make me raid, which I thought was completely stupid, but followed their instructions as a one-week old player tops. They acted professional, having been a 10-year old organization and emphasized on no-WA multying. I raided there during my first three months on NS, and boom Predator gets busted as a script violating tool (despite having been in use for years) and the region got deleted. My first impression of the game was that I get forced to spam tag raids, staying up late in high school 2am a night, and 3 (to 4) months later all of it gets deleted. (I can't deny that I had fun at the time and made my first friendships which was what kept me on. Of course the tool was illegal and everyone got justly punished for it, and they accepted their punishments and 1 year WA bans, which have lapsed by now and all the players involved have become normal players once again.) But that's neither here nor there, I explain this to say that I was there for the event, and know first hand about Texasa.

Texasa was a complete noob who DID NOT KNOW ENGLISH, and used NationStates++. All the veteran players (moderators included) kept saying "own up to everything you did via GHR," and I recall Texasa being an idiot assumed NS++ WAS PREDATOR. He GHRed saying his program was Predator (it was not, it was NS++) and he got WA banned and his nations deleted. Luckily, NS Moderation was kind enough to realize that his poor language barrier(or stupidity) was at play and that he never actually violated any rules, and reversed the ruling. Texasa is an innocent "kid" who got off scott free in the end. Everyone defended him because there was just no way for him to have used Predator if he never even talked to anyone.
I'm actually surprised to see that UM was defending Texasa! That is amazing and humorous. I didn't know our paths had crossed THAT early in the game, as I assumed UM and I only met in TEP. That's interesting ^^
( Anyway, this is a fun story to tell to newbies x3
With lots of disclaimers to follow the rules, obv )
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:29 pm

RiderSyl wrote:"Tidbits that have been cherry picked and polished up" are also known as "Commendation Proposals". :lol:

And Condemnations, repeals of both, sometimes Liberations...

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:45 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:"Tidbits that have been cherry picked and polished up" are also known as "Commendation Proposals". :lol:

And Condemnations, repeals of both, sometimes Liberations...

Pretty much everything SC related, with the exception of some liberations which are more or less "region raided by these guys, we need to liberate it to defend it later on" are tidbits that are cherry picked and polished up. Kind of the point, it's those tidbits that would make somebody worthy of a commendation or condemnation
Last edited by Malphe on Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malphe Vytherov

Mr Bubbly
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mr Bubbly » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:55 am

Queen Yuno wrote:

If I recall correctly (as this was years ago,) I joined DEN when I was one day old(one week old?) on NS, and opened the first telegram I got, the only telegram that mentioned WAR (out of all telegrams and I just joined NS from a MMORPG based on war.) I joined DEN and the first thing they did was make me raid, which I thought was completely stupid, but followed their instructions as a one-week old player tops. They acted professional, having been a 10-year old organization and emphasized on no-WA multying. I raided there during my first three months on NS, and boom Predator gets busted as a script violating tool (despite having been in use for years) and the region got deleted. My first impression of the game was that I get forced to spam tag raids, staying up late in high school 2am a night, and 3 (to 4) months later all of it gets deleted. (I can't deny that I had fun at the time and made my first friendships which was what kept me on. Of course the tool was illegal and everyone got justly punished for it, and they accepted their punishments and 1 year WA bans, which have lapsed by now and all the players involved have become normal players once again.) But that's neither here nor there, I explain this to say that I was there for the event, and know first hand about Texasa.

Texasa was a complete noob who DID NOT KNOW ENGLISH, and used NationStates++. All the veteran players (moderators included) kept saying "own up to everything you did via GHR," and I recall Texasa being an idiot assumed NS++ WAS PREDATOR. He GHRed saying his program was Predator (it was not, it was NS++) and he got WA banned and his nations deleted. Luckily, NS Moderation was kind enough to realize that his poor language barrier(or stupidity) was at play and that he never actually violated any rules, and reversed the ruling. Texasa is an innocent "kid" who got off scott free in the end. Everyone defended him because there was just no way for him to have used Predator if he never even talked to anyone.
I'm actually surprised to see that UM was defending Texasa! That is amazing and humorous. I didn't know our paths had crossed THAT early in the game, as I assumed UM and I only met in TEP. That's interesting ^^
( Anyway, this is a fun story to tell to newbies x3
With lots of disclaimers to follow the rules, obv )

They made you raid, and forced you to do tag runs while having to stay up late? Sounds pretty toxic. Why did you stay then? You could have moved regions, yet you chose to defend the use of predator, and made it pretty clear in that thread you were positive that it was a completely legal tool, even when pretty much everyone except for Cora was saying it was illegal. From the story you tell, this hardly seems like the same person that is being described in this commendation. A person that was forced to tag raid in a toxic environment and didn't choose to leave, all of a sudden leads a GCR to greatness?

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:09 am

Mr Bubbly wrote:A person that was forced to tag raid in a toxic environment and didn't choose to leave, all of a sudden leads a GCR to greatness?

Are you seriously saying that these two things are somehow mutually exclusive, and that Yuno did not do great things for TEP?

Imperium of Josh
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Imperium of Josh » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:23 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Mr Bubbly wrote:A person that was forced to tag raid in a toxic environment and didn't choose to leave, all of a sudden leads a GCR to greatness?

Are you seriously saying that these two things are somehow mutually exclusive, and that Yuno did not do great things for TEP?

This is plainly someone with a bone to pick on a throwaway nation, what's the point in even engaging?

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:27 am

Imperium of Josh wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Are you seriously saying that these two things are somehow mutually exclusive, and that Yuno did not do great things for TEP?

This is plainly someone with a bone to pick on a throwaway nation, what's the point in even engaging?

I'm bored

Mr Bubbly
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mr Bubbly » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:38 am

Lord Dominator wrote:

I am not saying that at all. Yuno may very well have done great things for the TEP, but I doubt she did them on her own. My point being, I think all things have to be considered here. Yuno may very well be a great person, I don't know as I have never interacted with her. I am basing my assertions on the facts at hand here. Forum posts paint a different picture than the one I am reading. Too me this reads like a self commend of a person who has quite a few skeletons in the closet that are not being addressed. The fact that Yuno wants certain things in a commendation, and the fact that she helped write it, along with the checkered history of the player in questions makes this all seem very peculiar indeed. If you can convince me otherwise, I am all ears.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:45 am

Mr Bubbly wrote:I am basing my assertions on the facts at hand here.

... no you're not
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Frattastan IV
Envoy

Founded: Sep 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frattastan IV » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:58 am

Mr Bubbly wrote:They made you raid, and forced you to do tag runs while having to stay up late? Sounds pretty toxic.

Trust me, more toxic things have happened in NationStates than "I stayed up for it". :P
Rejected Realms Army, High Commander

Draganisia wrote:Also it seems the next war could be NPO fighting directly against Pacifica.

The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy

Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:46 pm

Mr Bubbly wrote:They made you raid, and forced you to do tag runs while having to stay up late? Sounds pretty toxic.

Hate to inform you, but that's exactly what R/D is.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:52 pm

The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:

Ok now you're the one sounding silly instead :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:56 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:

Ok now you're the one sounding silly instead :P

Just because you don't stay up DYP... :p

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:00 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Just because you don't stay up DYP... :p

Bi-monthly R/D is so much more exciting than staying up late every night.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council