NATION

PASSWORD

Ask King Yoshio! [Open to all]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Ru-
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Ask King Yoshio! [Open to all]

Postby Ru- » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:21 pm

-From the offices of the Imperial Palace in New Ru City-

Greetings and salutations, to our friends in Ru and all over the world. We are very pleased to announce that His Majesty, King Yoshio Rellinaiche I of Ru will be opening up a question and answer session online. He will be joined by the Queen Mother, Lillian Rellinaiche, and other palace dignitaries in an effort to spread goodwill with citizens of the wider world and share information that may be of interest, both major and minor.

World leaders, journalists, news outlets, and private citizens of all kinds are invited and encouraged to participate in this Q&A. All questions about His Majesty: his personal opinions, habits, and daily life are welcome. Or really, any question about King Yoshio, the royal family, royal court tradition, Ruvian culture, or the nation of Ru itself.

King Yoshio is curious about what might be asked, and has always been very open about himself, so you may be surprised at whathe is willing to answer! Questions may be answered by His Majesty himself, or if he'd be unable to give a satisfactory answer, Queen Lillian might step in for him. (Or I might just answer it OOcly, whatever would be most appropriate or make the most sense, as I'd like to try and get all questions answered, one way or another.)

About King Yoshio:
(taken from my factbook)
King Yoshio I Rellinaiche, age 8

Full Formal Title: His Royal Majesty, King Yoshio Jameson Rellinaiche, first of his name, King of Ru, Emperor of the East and West, High King of the Dragonlands, Supreme Rider of the Sharnese, King of The Meadows, The Lakes, The Hills, and the Sunstones, Flower King of the Kalin-Kalaihi, Warrior King of the Rainwoods, Great Chief of the Tarnookan, Son of Cael, Keeper of the Flame, Shield of the Faith, and Protector of the Realm.

The 105th King of Ru, King Yoshio came to the throne at the age of 3, following the untimely death of his father, King Thomas IV of a heart attack. The little king enjoys an incredibly high popularity rating of 90%, most likely due entirely to the fact that he is a child, and thus cannot currently be held responsible for the decisions of the Ruvian government. Due to his age, he does not actually rule the country (yet) but rather has the democratically elected Royal Chancellor, Andy Flanders of the Ruvian Labor Party, ruling the realm in his name as his Regent. Though King Yoshio does perform the ceremonial, diplomatic, and symbolic duties expected of the King of Ru.

When not busy with those duties and his rigorous education program, King Yoshio primarily enjoys spending time on the internet, he is a huge sports fan and also an avid reader with a particular fondness for fantasy novels as well as ancient and medieval Ruvian history. The little king is also a great enthusiast for videogames and has even been known to stream them occasionally for charity. He has a special fondness for cats, and owns two currently. (domestic shorthairs)

King Yoshio is an extreme child prodigy, a trait that has been known to occasionally pop up in the royal family: the famous boy-kings Conan I and Niko II being the most notable well documented examples. Yoshio has recorded an IQ score of 160, the highest mark on the test, but experts believe his intelligence to be even higher. He is fluent in 2 languages (Ruvian and English) and has demonstrated at least mild proficiency in several more including French, Spanish, German, and Japanese. His vocabulary is very advanced as well and he easily displays the social skills of a child more then twice his age. Currently he is attempting to study Ruvian law at an advanced level since he has repeatedly expressed the ambition of challenging Conan and Niko's records for youngest Ruvian monarch to successfully dismiss their regencies and rule in their own right (they were 10 and 9, respectively.) which will require demonstrating his fitness to lead the country to the Ruvian Supreme Court. Analysts speculate that he's in fact on track to do so in the next 2 years.

His personality is bright, friendly, charming, and curious with a very strong sense of humor. He frequently asks questions on all kinds of topics and loves to learn new things, but even more then that he loves publicity and attention, in stark contrast to his famously reclusive and reluctant father. He eagerly volunteers for just about any public appearance, whether stately, light fluff, or even comedic as he has a genuine love for the experience of being on screen and in print. He is a great lover of travel and meeting with foreign dignitaries and though he is dutiful, hardworking, and consistently polite, he can be a little arrogant at times, incredibly stubborn, with no patience for those who show incompetence or fail to meet Ruvian standards of honor and duty. To the delight of many Ruvians he is also quite religious, believing strongly in the Caellian Faith and taking it a little personally when it or faith in general is attacked.

Politically, it is somewhat difficult to determine his exact positioning both due to his young age and because tradition demands the monarch be a political independant. Most agree however that he already leans toward the left on social and economic issues as his late father had, but believing that Ru should take a strong and active role in foreign affairs and the global community. With all that said, he does appear to be a consistent centrist for the most part, demonstrating impatience and even disgust with extremists and radical thinkers on all sides.

About Ru:
(a brief overview)
Ru is an ancient civilization that has existed for well over 5,000 years. It began as one of 12 culturally similar city-states (today's city of Old Ru) on Ru's eastern continent before the first Ruvian King united them through a long and bloody military campaign to form the Kingdom of Ru. It is predominantly inhabited by a vaguely reptilian looking race known as the Drailen (of which King Yoshio belongs, see my factbook entry for King Yoshio for a visual example) though there is a very significant human minority as well. The dominant faith is Caellianism, which also originated in Ru and replaced the polythestic faith practiced in the city-states during ancient times. Today Ru is a modern, westernized constitutional monarchy. Though the sovereign has retained important executive political power, which is shared with a democratically elected Chancellor. Power is also split between a democratically elected senate, and the supreme court of Ru.
Last edited by Ru- on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A civilization with an over 3,000 year history of lizard people killing each other and enslaving everyone else. Now they've finally calmed down and formed a modern westernized constitutional monarchy. (long live Emperor Yoshio!)

Note: Any factbook entries over a year old are severely out of date and may be subject to extreme revision and retconning soon. If you have questions on anything about Ru, please feel free to ask.

Ru-
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:31 pm

bump? still interested in doing this.
A civilization with an over 3,000 year history of lizard people killing each other and enslaving everyone else. Now they've finally calmed down and formed a modern westernized constitutional monarchy. (long live Emperor Yoshio!)

Note: Any factbook entries over a year old are severely out of date and may be subject to extreme revision and retconning soon. If you have questions on anything about Ru, please feel free to ask.

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:39 am

What is the Ru's position on Supranationalism v Globalism?
- Zhan Yahui-Molotov Sr., Senior International Rep. of the Federation of Pan-Asiatic States
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

Greater Satanic Leviathan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Satanic Leviathan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:20 am

Do your people ever make a human sacrifice to Satan?

Gopnikea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Gopnikea » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:24 am

Do your citizens squat with heels on ground?

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:12 am

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:
What is the Ru's position on Supranationalism v Globalism?
- Zhan Yahui-Molotov Sr., Senior International Rep. of the Federation of Pan-Asiatic States

Bump. Waiting on that response you promised via TG...
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

Great Nortend
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Great Nortend » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:08 am

What dress do you wear on a day-to-day basis?
News from Great Nortend : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417866
Diplomacy, Consulates &c. : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417865

This nation is an exaggerated representation of my personal views in most areas.

Ru-
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:27 pm

Bump. Waiting on that response you promised via TG...

OOC: sorry, didn't expect to be as tired after work as I was. This is a bit of a long one so I had to think it through.

"Oh, a tricky one to start off with! Ok, I'll try my best here. "supranational" makes me think immediately of the EU, so I'm gonna assume this must be about immigration? (sorry if I'm super mistaken here.) Forgive me also if I speak mostly on Ru, since our situation is what I'm most familiar with:

For wealthy and developed nations like Ru, immigration issues are a primary concern. I believe that to maintain a strong and healthy nation, immigrants are not only something to be put up with, but necessary. We need the labor of an immigrant class: jobs in elder care, migrant farm labor, and many other jobs with low pay, long hours, hard labor, and other demands that make them unacceptable to native Ruvians, but are highly necessary for our society to function. Natives understandably do not want to take them on but immigrants that come to this nation seeking a better life, out of desperation and hope, are willing to fill these positions, work hard, and sacrifice now for the possibility that their children can live the lives that we live. One of the biggest arguments against more open immigration policies is that because immigrants are willing to work for much lower pay then natives, that they will not only take the jobs natives do not want anyway, but desirable jobs in blue collar labor leaving native Ruvians who hold them unable to compete. This is a definite problem, but there are ways to address it: If natives are being pushed out due to job shortages in these sectors, then the government can always step in and create more jobs directly, especially in construction: there are always bridges and roads in need of repair. If natives are being pushed out because they cannot compete on the job market with immigrants then there is an effective way to remove their only real advantage over native Ruvians: by listening to our labor unions and making sure our wage laws stay up to date with current living expenses we make the immigrant's willingness to work for next to nothing irrelevant. It does not matter how little they are willing to be paid for skilled work if companies are not allowed to pay them that little. A fair and level playing field between natives and immigrants when it comes to the jobs natives actually want is very possible if the government does it's duty to it's citizens.

That's only the economics, but I believe there's a moral obligation as well. Ru is one of the ultimate melting pot nations. That has been because for literally thousands and thousands of years, we have taken in people from all corners of the world to form our labor force, our society, and our culture. Our diversity was then, as it is now, one of our great strengths. Though, for the majority of that time they were taken by force, and without much real opportunity for a brighter future. It is important to remember the more regrettable parts of our history and cultural identity since now immigrants wish to come here willingly, to serve us faithfully and loyally, asking in exchange only that they be given an equal chance to succeed. So who are we, really, to tell them no? Our motto since ancient times has been "The Flame that Lights the World" which meant then and means now that Ru is a world power and world leader, the shining beacon of civilization in an often dark and barbaric world. An imperial claim, but a fitting one, that we have made with pride. So when the world calls on us to live up to this role we have declared for ourselves then it is our duty to answer. It is the Caellian thing to do, it's the Ruvian thing to do, and it's the right thing to do.

Personally, when it comes to our immigrants, instead of demonizing them and deflecting blame for our problems away from me and my government by offering Ruvians a convenient scapegoat, I would much rather welcome thier contributions and instead offer real solutions to help native citizens struggling through economic difficulties. It may be harder, but I wasn't given this crown so I can take the easy way out of my duty to the people of Ru."
Last edited by Ru- on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ru-
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:38 pm

Greater Satanic Leviathan wrote:Do your people ever make a human sacrifice to Satan?

"Nope, the majority of Ruvians worship Cael (or "God" if you prefer, since Caellians believe that all the world's faiths are, in actuality, honoring the same single deity.) And while we've heard this many times before, no we are not demons. Do not let the horns, tails, and wings fool you!"

Gopnikea wrote:Do your citizens squat with heels on ground?

"No, that trend has never really been a thing here. Maybe I should try doing that pose and post a picture, then see what happens? Haha."

Great Nortend wrote:What dress do you wear on a day-to-day basis?

"While I've got more traditional royal silk gowns for ceremonies and special royal events, on a simple day-to-day basis I most often wear the simple outfit for which I'm famous. That jacket, sweater, jeans, and sneakers get up. And my crown too of course. Most Ruvian kings have had a standard personal outfit designed in the fashion trends of their era that they can be personally associated with for day to day purposes. While also dressing up in the more historic and traditional royal costumes when the situation calls for it. The crown I'm expected to wear whenever I might be seen, unless there is a good reason to remove it (like if I'm gonna go swimming or something). Which is why I went for a very light and sleek design. If I'm gonna have to wear the darn thing for most of the day it better not be uncomfortable!"

ooc: a picture of him can be found in my factbook. He is wearing the outfit he describes, minus his crown.
Last edited by Ru- on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Third Asopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Asopia » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:44 pm

You are young for a king. How do manage all those politics and stuff?
Presenting my signature signature!
Procrastination... is the art of knowing you have a job to do but know there's like a year till it's due. It's elemental for the Asopin soul to survive in such a slow-paced world.
Bored of having to see Juventus winning the Schudetto too many times? Can wait to see that match where Ronaldo didn’t shoot at all? Tired of seeing Napoli fight for first place when there’s no point? Oh boy, you’ve found a new friend.

I got Theo Theodoridis as my flag model. Showing my love for Greece!

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:49 pm

Do u eat humans

Ru-
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:58 pm

Third Asopia wrote:You are young for a king. How do manage all those politics and stuff?

"It's simple: I don't! At least not yet. Because I'm still just a kid, I have what's called a Regent: someone who runs the country for me until I'm older or can prove that I'm ready to do it on my own.

There have been kings who were able to dismiss their regents when they were just a little older then me. I hope to join them, but now that we have a constitution, I can't end my regency without the approval of the Supreme Court of Ru. I'd need to demonstrate to the justices that I'm fit to rule on my own and should be emancipated. Which of course means alot, lot, lot, loooot more studying!"

Cosmopolitan borovan wrote:Do u eat humans

"Why? What've you heard?!"

"Ha ha, no seriously, I don't. We'd still consider that cannibalism, of course, as humans are sentient beings, equal to us in every way. They have been a part of Ru since the very beginning, and will continue to be for all time."
Last edited by Ru- on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:30 pm

"What is the lifespan of your people? Your leader seems very young -chronologically- by our standards"
-Cosmonaut
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.
UPHOLD SOUTH REINISM-LENINISM! UNLIMITED DESTRUCTION OF 1ST WORLD HETERRHOIDS!

Ru-
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:27 pm

Las Palmeras wrote:"What is the lifespan of your people? Your leader seems very young -chronologically- by our standards"
-Cosmonaut

"The average Ruvian lifespan is around 80 years or so. It's not much different then human lifespans, really. If I seem young, it's cause I am young. By our own standards I'm still just a kid. This kind of thing can just sort of happen sometimes in a monarchy. In the Ruvian monarchy when the previous king, my father in this case, um... well, passes on... his oldest son (me) inherits and becomes the new king."
Last edited by Ru- on Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Aeyariss
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:24 am

"From which disgusting oni is the kind of naga currently dominant in Ru- descended from? Judging by their reptilian characteristics, is it the fallen orochi himself?"

- a Nifonese kogyokist.
Rping in MT (2023) and PT/FanT (1564)

Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, Jesus will offer you eternal life if you believe in him!

Ru-
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:57 pm

New Aeyariss wrote:"From which disgusting oni is the kind of naga currently dominant in Ru- descended from? Judging by their reptilian characteristics, is it the fallen orochi himself?"

- a Nifonese kogyokist.

"I assume you're referring to my own race, the Drailen. In ancient Ruvian mythology, we are said to be descended from the Nine Dragons. Specifically, the seven children of Obidarro Earth Dragon and Lularuna Star Dragon. From them came the great mortal dragons, and from them, came us. 'The ancients bore gods, the gods bore dragons, and the dragons bore the drailen.' Of course, the Pantheon of the Nine Dragons is a pagan faith from before Aiden the First's conquest, and I called it myth for a reason: no one here still believes that dragons ever really existed.

Most of us are Caellians now. However, the Holy Book of Light provides little guidance here, as there is no mention of the creation of drailen in particular. The sacred texts lump us in with all the rest of Cael's children. On our creation, it states only that "Cael created all the mortal creatures of the world, and named them his children..."

So while mythology is fun, and the sacred texts are a bit unconcerned with such details, perhaps we can still find the answer by turning to science: there's much scientific evidence suggesting that we descended millions of years ago from the horned smooth-scaled lemur. More commonly known as the tree dragon, these incredibly intelligent and mischievous animals are native to the deep jungles of eastern Ru. So I guess you can say we do come from dragons after all! Just much smaller and yippier then we originally imagined."
Last edited by Ru- on Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 11 times in total.

IronJustice
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 04, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby IronJustice » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:46 pm

King Yoshio, I see that you are king of the reptilians that have enslaved man (directly or indirectly) for millenia. What do you think of the humans' leader and representative, Alex Jones?
Last edited by IronJustice on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ironjustice, Founder of Bigtopia est. 2005
Come waste your life with us.

Ru-
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:39 pm

IronJustice wrote:King Yoshio, I see that you are king of the reptilians that have enslaved man (directly or indirectly) for millenia. What do you think of the humans' leader and representative, Alex Jones?

"Not much. I mean, he's so ridiculous and over the top, that it's hard not to kinda love the guy at first. For me especially: I'm in a particularly unique position because when realizing that I'm basically "king reptilian" in real life, it kinda makes me feel like the boogie man for him and his crowd, which is just feels really fun and hilarious. But then, when you realize the very real harm to real people that has been caused by his antics, he's not so funny anymore."
Last edited by Ru- on Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ru-
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:11 pm

bumpy

Allinlia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Allinlia » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:46 am

If your people are reptilian, does that mean you are cold blooded? And if so, how does that effect your society and daily life?
Establish an embassy in the Empire of Allinlia:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=206814

Ru-
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:22 pm

Allinlia wrote:If your people are reptilian, does that mean you are cold blooded? And if so, how does that effect your society and daily life?

"Wow, lot's of questions about Drailen today! Had no idea we were so fascinating, but there's alot more to Ru then just us ya know! Haha!"

"Anyway, we are actually warm blooded! (or homeothermic, if you wanna get scientific.) Despite looking so different, we're actually alot more biologically similar to humans then outsiders seem to think."

Cat-Herders United
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cat-Herders United » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:28 pm

Do your people hatch from eggs?

Ru-
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:24 am

Cat-Herders United wrote:Do your people hatch from eggs?

"Haha, alot of people think that, but we're actually born in the same way that humans are! In alot of ways, we're more similar to mammals then we are to reptiles. (And don't be surprised that I know where babies come from, I read books! lol)"

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hatterleigh » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Do you have any relation to the green dinosaur and infamous tax evader Yoshi?
✦ ✦ ✦ The Free Domain of Hatterleigh ✦ ✦ ✦
National News Network: William Botrum entering last days in office - President-elect Rood preparing or term
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.

Ru-
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:32 am

Hatterleigh wrote:Do you have any relation to the green dinosaur and infamous tax evader Yoshi?

"Unless being my main in Smash Bros. counts, no."
Last edited by Ru- on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information