NATION

PASSWORD

JWHF5 | Tushlark, Togonistan | IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

JWHF5 | Tushlark, Togonistan | IC Thread

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:01 pm

The broadcast starts with an official logo of the 5th Junior World Hit Festival being displayed. Last edition's winner song, ''Mondo Animale'' by Gruppo Sorriso from Alinghi FDR starts playing in the background. After that, we are taken through a drone view flying over lush Togonistani rainforest. As the music reaches 0:12 mark, the view cuts to a sea horizon during the sunny day, before moving on to a Togonistani fisherman sitting in a small wooden boat. He is seen attaching a lure to his rod, while in the background, two silver-glowing dolphins (made using CGI) can be seen jumping out of the water. Then, at the 0:21 mark, we can see a young girl walking on a country road. She is looking up to the sky, before the camera shows a silver german shepherd approaching her. When the girls notices it, she ducks and pets the dog. Next, at 0:40 mark, we are taken to a small football stadium, where two junior teams are having a match against each other. A striker in red shirt can be seen approaching the opponent's goal with a ball, before a silver deer enters the scene. The boy passes ball to the deer, who then kicks it into the goal. The striker runs towards his teammates, before the camera focuses on the deer, who sits down and shakes his head. Next, we see a young woman running up a hill, with a silver rabbit suddenly approaching and running past her. The woman stops and as the camera takes a close-up shot of her, she can be seen smiling and looking at the rabbit. Next, at 1:04 mark, the movie clip takes us to the sky again, where we see an airplane pilot looking out from his cockpit window. He notices a seagull flying past him, and as the camera focuses on the bird, he can be seen winking to the pilot before flying away. Next, we are taken to an office in one of the high-rise building in Tushlark. An middle-aged man can be seen working with a computer, before putting his head on the desk, seeming frustrated at something. However, suddenly, a silver cat enters the scene, poking the man with her nose. The man raises his head, smiles and pets the cat, before turning to his computer again with a smile on his face. At 1:32 mark, the camera takes us to the countryside again, where a group of six children can be seen running in the middle of the wheat fields. Then, the camera shows a forest in the distance, closing up on a squirrel sitting on a tree and spectating children from the distance. Then, we are taken to the forest, where a young boy is sitting on the ground. He is unable to move due to a tree log having fallen on his foot, making it stuck. The boy is struggling to break free, when eventually, an elk comes, lifting the log away using his antlers. The boy stands up and hugs the elk. Next, at 2:05 mark, we see a change of weather. It's dark and raining now, and a teenage boy is walking in the empty streets. A pigeon flies from the above, landing on the boy's shoulder. The boy looks at the bird, smiles and walks into a bus stop. Then, the pigeon flyes away, and the boy starts chasing him. As he runs down the street, other characters seen in the video before also start joining him, all of them following their own spirit animals. The animals take the group down the street, until camera turns around, focusing on Castovanni Conference Centre, with a large JWHF5 banner on the building. The scene fades into a view inside the arena, where audience can be seen waving their flags and cheering, dancing to the music and waiting for the show to start. As the song ends, the audience starts cheering even louder. With lights in the arena being turned off, a sound can be heard from the speakers:

World! Welcome to the 5th Junior World Hit Festival.
Last edited by Togonistan on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:02 pm

With the lights in the arena still being dark, camera rotates around the building, before focusing on the stage and zooming in. As the tune hits 0:14 mark, lights behind the stage as well as background screens turn on, displaying the gray, black and blue colors of Vartugian flag. Däb can be seen entering and taking a walk around the stage. Some cheering can be heard from a little crowd carrying Vartugian flags. Are they doing it for the memes or to show legitimate support to their act is a mystery on it's own, however, Däb walks to the middle of the stage, takes a deep bow and waves to the crowd with a smile on his face, before leaving and moving on to take his seat in the greenroom. Announcer can be heard from the speakers:

Say hello to the first act of the evening. It's Vartugia with Däb performing ''Gib Points!''

Lights change from Vartugian flag colors to a mixture of red and white stripes, when Fromulyan artist enters the stage. Melinda waves to the crowd with both of her hands, with a big smile on her face while making her way around the stage, stopping in the middle. Melinda giggles a little bit, before waving again and leaving the stage.

Act number two, it's Melinda from Fromulya, performing her song ''Rumah.''

Next, stage graphics change to an iconic scheme of Izmeduan red, green and blue, as Lea Rogosic enters the stage. Despite looking nervous, she still tried to smile a bit and as she made her way to the middle, Lea was standing there for a moment, seeming somewhat baffled due to the amount of people watching her in the arena. However, Lea received a huge cheer from the Izmeduan fans. She was standing there for a few moments, before leaving the stage and moving on to the greenroom.

Third act of the evening, coming from Izmedu, it's Lea Rogosic and ''To Poli.''

After Izmedu, it was time for Estogium. Accompanied by the stage theme of blue, orange, white and red, Angela Newton entered the arena, receiving the biggest cheer of the evening so far, as many people from all around the Novapax has gathered to Tushlark tonight, in order to support their nations. Angela made her way to the middle of the stage, where she posed with her left arm placed on her waist. She tilted her head for a moment, before turning around and walking away.

Coming up fourth tonight, it's Estogium. Angela Newton will be singing a song titled ''Sing!''

Next, it was time for Adab. Kamal Shog entered the stage, while red, white and black colors were all over the place. Kamal did his circle around the stage and landed in the middle, where he put his feet together and sent a rather masculine blow kiss into the audience. This received some additional cheering from the crowd, as Kamal smiled and made his way to the greenroom.

Fifth act of the evening, It's Adab. Kamal Shog will be performing ''School.''

The cheering only intensified as yet another Novapax nation entered the stage. Screens and stage lights displayed a mixture of dark green, blue and red as Rëbecä entered the stage. She had both of her hands on her mouth as she walked in and sent a blow kiss to the audience. Rëbecä walked a circle around the stage, before stopping in the middle. She did an elegant bow fit for a princess before elegantly turning around and leaving to the greenroom.

Act number six coming from Darkmania, it is ''Prins'' by Rëbecä

While the crowd at the arena had shown strong support for Darkmania, they went even more crazy as it was time for the host nation. Stage turned into a mixture of black, yellow and red as Eva Taualai and Ash Alovili entered the stage. Accompanied by a strongly cheering crowd, the girls walked a circle around the stage, before stopping in the middle and putting their arms around each other. Eva and Ash winked at the camera as it showed a close-up shot of them, before leaving the stage to make room for the next artist.

Coming up seventh, Eva Taualai and Ash Alovili will be performing ''Fade Away''

Then, it was time for the last edition's hosts. Mercedinian flag colors took over as APXES entered the stage. The boys seemed full of energy, as they were jumping up and down around the stage, before making their way to the middle. APXES stood in a line, putting their arms around each others shoulders and each of them put their right foot on top of their left knee as well. The boys nod to the rhythm of the music for a few moments before leaving.

Act number Eight, coming from Mercedini, it's APXES ''Won't Ever Get Better''

Stage colors transformed into dark blue and yellow, while Olyvia Kingsington entered the stage. She was smiling as she walked around the stage, stopping in the middle. Olyvia was swinging herself a bit for a few moments before forming a heart shape with her hands, waving and leaving towards the greenroom.

Ninth act of the evening, it is Olyvia Kingsington representing Llalta with a song ''My World''

Dimas Švangau & Gerda Mizušima entered the stage, accompanied by a color scheme of blue, teal and aqua. The duo walked their circle around the stage, and when they reached to the middle, they put their backs against each other, flirting with the camera a bit before turning around again and leaving the stage, holding their hands.

Act number ten, Dimas Švangau and Gerda Mizušima represent Tödlichebujoku with their song ''Together''

Stage lighting and screens started displaying colors of The Hlhata States flag as P¡nkthong entered the stage running. He seemed very excited and needed some friendly pointers from the staff behind the stage, before P¡nkthong took a walk around the stage to the middle. Having reached there, he jumped up and down out of the excitement, before running off the stage.

Act number eleven, The Hlhata States. P¡nkthong will be singing "Nations of the World!"

Stage colors turned into a mixture of white and red as Kian Pearson entered the arena. He walked around the stage, smiling and waving to the audience, before reaching to the middle. Kian bend his knees a bit and pointed at the crowd with both of his fingers, before leaving.

Coming up twelfth, it is South Batoko with Kian Pearson performing ''I won't stop moving''

Red, blue and white took over the stage as Jared Zayne entered the arena, receiving a warm welcome from the audience. Jared walked around the stage, bend down and fistbumped a fan in the audience pit, before standing up again and moving to the middle. He put his hand to his chin and looked straight at the camera with a serious face, before smiling and doing a little wink. Jared turned around and left to make room for the next artist.

Thirteenth act of the evening comes from Aloquirbe, with Jared Zayne singing ''The Power Of Love''

Stage changed into a color scheme that seemed oddly similar to the one used when presenting Izmedu earlier. Josie enters the stage, walking elegantly like a model on the catwalk. As she makes her way to the middle, Josie does a few different poses along with some dance moves, before waving and leaving the stage.

Act number fourteen. It is Izm... 1zmedu with Josie representing the nation by singing ''Dancing Queen''

Stage lighting swapped to blue and white as Mariella Gomëz entered the stage, waving at the crowd with both of her hands. Mariella has a humble smile on her face as she walks around the stage, making her way to the middle. Stopping there, she tilts her head a bit, smiles and leaves the stage.

Last act of the evening, number fifteen, it's Mariella Gomëz from Kalosia, singing "N'Oľal Mi"

Camera takes another look at the last few artists still walking towards the greenroom, before showing the audience waving their flags. Eventually, the music ends and arena goes silent again.
Last edited by Togonistan on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:03 pm

After the parade, official theme song of the 5th Junior World Hit Festival started playing. The stage started lighting up, revealed a set of young teenage male drummers dressed in native Togoni outfits playing timpan drums. Suddenly, a young boy jumped out of the shadows, shouting a traditional chant at the audience before running away again. From the left side of the stage, a junior dance group started climbing up, chanting at the same time. They were all dressed in traditional outfits. Having made their way up, the crew went into a formation.

The group started a choreographed dance performance, dancing to the rhythm of the music. Drummers at the back kept providing a rhythm for them, while the dancers kept moving around, synchronizing their moves. The dance group had been practicing a lot, and it showed out. As their performance progressed, they slowly started splitting into two separate groups, forming a corridor between each other. Both of the groups faced each other, doing their dance moves, until at 1:27 mark, four adult males dressed just like the dancers arrived, carrying a big wooden frame. On top of the frame, there was a large throne with Mareta Ioane sitting on it, wearing a white dress with black native patterns printed on it, accompanied by a small silver crown. Mareta is sending blow kisses left and right, as she is being carried in the middle of the stage. Eventually, the frame is being lowered down to the stage, and Mareta steps down, standing in front of the throne. The audience starts cheering as the music stops. Dance group takes a bow and quietly leaves the stage, leaving Mareta standing alone on the stage. She puts her arms wide open and says:

''Welcome to the 5th Junior World Hit Festival in Tushlark, Togonistan. I am your host Mareta Ioane, and I will be your guide through the journey we're all about to experience tonight. Tonight, you will hear fifteen wonderful acts from all around the world. They all have something to offer, and believe me, they all are really passionate about it.''

The audience applauds, before Mareta continues:

''Now, about the details. The show is going to consist of two parts. First part is the performances, where all the artists will perform their songs in the following order.''

Running order is being displayed on the background screen (and in the TV broadcast)

1. Vartugia
2. Fromulya
3. Izmedu
4. Estogium
5. Adab
6. Darkmania
7. Togonistan
8. Mercedini
9. Llalta
10. Tödlichebujoku
11. The Hlhata States
12. South Batoko
13. Aloquirbe
14. 1zmedu
15. Kalosia

''Second part of the show will be voting, and this is where you all will have a say in the matter. You can vote by either calling, sending a text message or by using the official JWHF5 app. However, please do bear in mind that the lines do not open until all of tonight's acts have performed. With that being said, WORLD! ARE YOU READY?''

In response to Mareta's question, a huge cheer is being heard from the crowd in the arena. Mareta smiles and says: ''Then it's all clear. It is time for the first act of the evening. Däb from Vartugia, with his song Gib Points!''
Last edited by Togonistan on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Löv came last place and now Däb is next.

Däb is alone on stage and the stage is full of empty energy-drink cans and he is hyper-active thanks to too much of that drink.
We are the winner
We have songs that steal cows
Why the hell is this song so dumb?
Dosent matter. Ill win anyway

He dabs

I play with the meat on the plate today
Go deep inside of me
Let the rest sing their dumb songs
We have an ego on size of London

He jumps down from the stage and
So here some wisdom. Gib points!
We will win with this song
And the loser gonna cry
Girl, go and Gib points
`Cause the winner sings now
And with my Vegaism star shine
So here some wisdom

There is a noise on stage

Im seeing you sleep at night
Shame i forgot a knife with me
Dabing is a crime in me
Dabing is a crime in me

There is a fish tank on stage and Däb saves the only fish from drowning

I get angery when i speak english bad
Bae, let get loose and phone my number since
I sing sang
We have an ego on size of London

The audience are confused over that this RP is just awfull

So here some wisdom. Gib points!
And the loser gonna cry
Girl, go and Gib points
So bow down for me

A giga Julie Vega Statue randomly apear and the venue somehow disapear

And you can wear my Gib points!
So you can wear my...

It begin to rain anvils

So you can wear my Gib points!
And the loser gonna cry
Girl, go and Gib points
So bow down for me

IDK what to write here. IJRUOYROIHYJKTUIUCRE.

...Gib points!

The audience is confused over this and forgets this easily as the next nation perform.
So here some wisdom
Last edited by Togonistan on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:14 pm

Melinda, 9, is a Fromulyan child singer. She will perform Fromulya's debut entry at the Junior World Hit Festival, if my memory serves me correctly.

For her JWHF performance, she is dressed kinda like a flower girl from a wedding. But it's a really cute look. She will just stand there on stage, while the LED lights show imagery of houses, beautifully decorated with pretty plants and fantastic flowers. Unfortunately, there were problems with the production of the final mix of the track so they had to use the demo for the backing track. Not optimal, but better than nothing.

Rumah oh rumah
Kau buat aku nyaman
Sebagai tempat aman
Untuk berteduh

Rumah oh rumah
Membuat ku merasa
Kebersamaan dengan
Seluruh keluargaku

Rumah oh rumah
Kau buat aku nyaman
Sebagai tempat aman
Untuk berteduh

Rumah oh rumah
Membuat ku merasa
Kebersamaan dengan
Seluruh keluargaku

Rumah oh rumah
Kau buat aku nyaman
Sebagai tempat aman
Untuk berteduh

Rumah oh rumah
Membuat ku merasa
Kebersamaan dengan
Seluruh keluargaku

Dalam hujan atau kepanasan
Ku berlindung dibawah atapmu
Aku bersyukur dengan rumahku
Sebagai tempat untuk bermain

Rumah oh rumah
Kau buat aku nyaman
Sebagai tempat aman
Untuk berteduh

Rumah oh rumah
Membuat ku merasa
Kebersamaan dengan
Seluruh keluargaku

Lalalala lalalala lalalala oh oh

When the song ended, she shyly smiled and waved at the crowd before she was guided offstage. It was really cute.

Home oh home
You make me comfortable
As a safe place
To shelter

Home oh home
You make me feel
Togetherness with
My whole family

Home oh home
You make me comfortable
As a safe place
To shelter

Home oh home
You make me feel
Togetherness with
My whole family

Home oh home
You make me comfortable
As a safe place
To shelter

Home oh home
You make me feel
Togetherness with
My whole family

In rain or in heat
I shelter under your roof
I am grateful for my house
As a place to play

Home oh home
You make me comfortable
As a safe place
To shelter

Home oh home
You make me feel
Togetherness with
My whole family
Last edited by Togonistan on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:15 pm

“I don't understand why, I tried so hard... I... Oh... Sometimes it's so hard to stomach why I'm even doing this, why I'm letting this out. I tried hard to write about anything else, but I always kept returning back to it. It didn't feel right unless I did this, to write out why him leaving hurt me so much...” - Lea Rogosic

Lea Rogosic felt like she was in another world entirely as she was in Tushlark, Togonistan. It was something that she preferred to hide, but she felt an intense anxiety that she knew was not normal while being around other people. She thought that it was some sort of psychopathy or misandry, possibly a phase of her not caring for others as she tried to navigate an emotionally tough childhood and adolescence. However, she discovered that it wasn't from a lack of caring for other people or even muted emotions. Instead, from the way that she was receding in the couches in the space allocated for the Izmeduan delegation, she felt too much. Perhaps she was projecting her own insecurities and anxieties, but it felt as if walking across the convention centre would cause her to back out at the very last minute. Her stomach was too tight, her hands were too tense, and her thoughts were swirling. Lea knew she was not in any condition to perform, but from the outside... She looked frighteningly cool and calm, almost ready to take on the world.

She was a 15-year old hailing from the district and county seat of Stari-Pozemia, living in a much more socially conservative part of the country that contrasted to the images of a livelier, freer Izmedu she often saw from the coast. Lea's early to mid childhood was relatively calm. She was often raised by an in-house babysitter as her parents, a mother who was a district politician, and the father a music producer were attempting to balance taking care of Lea and their own careers. Her father was how she was introduced to music indirectly and she was steadily provided for throughout the years. It was when Lea grew older and realized the strange conditions that befell her family was where the once calm childhood she had began to slowly crumble into an early adolescence that saw years and years of constant in-fighting and drama that culminated into the song that she was bringing to Togonistan.

Her father and mother were an intensely tormented couple. For as far as Lea can remember, it was rare that she saw ever saw them together being a loving couple. She figured in her youth that they were perhaps too busy, considering she was reared rather early on to have to be adjusted to a lack of constant parental presence due to their lines of work. However, this did not stop her from idolizing her father over her mother. She developed a predilection for music, of which her father was more than happy to nurture and encourage when he had the ample time to be there for her. While this support didn't fracture the fragile marriage that Lea's parents had, it was one of the many seeds that would result in Lea's family being broken apart. It was due in large part to a fundamental conflict between how Lea would be raised, with neither parents really taking Lea's own agency into account.

Her mother was more than aware of the trappings of the Izmeduan music industry and wanted Lea to find a more stable line of work. On top of the already hypercompetitive music industry, Lea's father (in which her mother was also complicit) had a tendency to try and compensate for his absence by, for a lack of a softer word, spoiling Lea with material possessions and gifts. He was instrumental in at least successfully enrolling Lea in an arts school that was at a mid-way municipality from Stari-Pozemia and Mousiki that attended from ages 6 to 10. However, growing tensions between both parents served as the backdrop of Lea exploring her early artistry. Lea's mother wanted Lea to come to terms with the truth of their ever-growing distance, as both parents were finding that their love was slowly fading due to life priorities that had inevitably changed. The passion between them faded into realizing that they could not handle each other at their worsts, which were constantly brought out at the forefront due to the stresses of having to proxy care for Lea as well as manage the family finances.

Lea's father constantly spoiling her only clouded Lea from the reality that would dawn upon her when she was 12. Due to separation issues that she now noticed between her mother and father without ever confronting them about it, Lea silently agreed to transfer to a regular public school at her mother's behest. This naturally did not go down well with her father, which saw this action as the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Lea witnessed the first of many arguments that would dominate her household for the next two years. These were witnessed by her, or her caretakers, or even at times both. It came to a point where the arguments became so emotionally violent and antagonistic that Lea's emotional well-being was clearly being affected.

However, the years of tension clouded both parents to that. Lea's entrance into high school was marked with divorce proceedings. This caused Lea to feel emotionally secluded and alone, as her mind was too focused in making sure to guard her emotions and feelings from her chaotic home life. Sans caretakers that had a disturbingly high turnover rate, Lea did not have much of an emotional outlet or even lifeline... She was rendered invisible in school due to her withdrawn nature, meaning she did not even have close friends her age. The only thing Lea had in these times was her fond memories in the arts school and a burgeoning talent for songwriting and singing. She practiced her craft in the nights her parents weren't there, focusing on her skills almost to her detriment of her studies. She tried to do the bare minimum to pass her classes so as to not attract attention on herself.

It worked, but it didn't matter an iota. Just six months into being in public high school, Lea's parents made their divorce final. The legal symbol of their separation had now been made apparent to Lea, and the bitter feelings over her parents' lost love meant that she only knew just from being there. It was often her father that tried to console her, but as the process progressed, the more her parents withdrew from her as well. This came to a culmination of Lea's father outright leaving her and her mother, especially when the custody question hung over the family like a shadow. Lea could visibly remember her mother shouting, “you coward! You absolute coward!,” on the verge of tears and her voice crackling.

Her way of coping was to write songs about the situation. She wrote many songs akin to “To poli” around this time period, versions that attempted to pin the blame on someone... She blamed herself first, at once wishing she was never born... She blamed her mother then her father. Lea found that, for as much of a cathartic relief songwriting was, it was leading her to an emotional spiral of unknown proportions that she was not prepared for. She wrote out each song regardless, finding it was the only way that made the tears make sense.

Her path to the Junior World Hit Festival involved another family member submitting at her behest. Due to the nature of her father's exit from her life, the legal ramifications of Lea's situation were still being worked out. One of Lea's aunts offered to become a co-guardian with her mother in the meantime; and she was the one to discover her penchant for songwriting and singing. Lea had basically built an entire discography under the noses of her family, already recording via her phone when it was only caretakers managing the house.

The Junior World Hit Festival was around the corner when her Aunt was able to establish full contact with Lea. She saw the call for submissions via a public online forum and proposed it to her. Lea, understandably so, was very hesitant to take on such a contest. She didn't want the pressure of representing the entire country knowing that she had an entire load of problems she needed to sort out independently, as well as her family situation. She listed these reasons out to her aunt, who was noting that not only were there fears of failure and rejection... There was an insecurity of her talent and worth as a human being. She didn't want her pain or her story to be made fun of or to be trivialized.

It was after gentle prodding, and a deal that Lea would seek help, is where Lea submitted “To poli” to RTI. She was largely expecting a blanket rejection from the channel, considering that she had no talent agency or scout supporting her compared to past Izmeduan Junior WHF participants. What she wasn't expecting was a call-back, or to have reached the final round of selections, or to have even been the entrant selected to represent Izmedu. She'd only written a heartfelt note attached to the audio submission... She was just hoping that maybe someone would listen to the song, and that maybe the note was just discarded and never read. For Lea, it was better than being humiliated.

RTI, well-aware of the story from the note she wrote as well as carefully making sure she was ready for Junior World Hit Festival participation, made sure Lea was well-supported throughout the process. In comparison to past contestants, she did not have a stable background like Edita Stojic, Melanija Duvnjak, or Jelena Maricic. She had some art education background, but no talent scout, mentorship, or supportive parents.

She was only Lea Rogosic, a 15-year old girl in Togonistan with her song, emotions, and personal story.

It was time... Lea couldn't turn back now.

Stage lights billowed down to the center of the stage at the advent of the Izmeduan entry. They flashed a bright white before darkening amongst a flurry of crowd cheer. Lea herself was situated at the top of the stairs, being only a few steps away from taking the first step to go down to the main platform. Her heart racing at a rate of a mile a minute as she felt her senses go into overdrive. She took a deep breath to stop the developing panic within her. Before long, a calm came over her when the Izmeduan entry finally started... A single piano note saw a simple, white spotlight illuminate Lea's form on the stage. The camera then focused on a close view of her. Her face was visible with a haunting aura from the spotlight, and she caught the camera with her forlorn gaze. She cupped the microphone with both hands, raising it to her face when she heard the cue to start singing in her ear-piece.

Bio sam sam, prestrašen
Mnoge suze pada s majih vakli
Sentio sam se malim
Plačem tebe, plačem tebe

The actual effects on stage were almost minimal, non-existent, An array of white lights began to gradually shine on the light rigs placed on top of the screens as Lea sang the first song. The camera focused on her fragile expression, with the way her eyes were almost closed (still reflecting an insecurity performing in front of the camera). Her body language was still a bit tense with her shoulders still raised somewhat, and someone being very watchful could see how her hands were slightly trembling. Her vocals, while a bit shaky at first, smoothed themselves out throughout the first verse... Midway through, she was finally then able to catch the camera's gaze, her eyes open enough to express the emotions that were packed in the writing of the song. Her entire demeanor brimmed with an intense emotion, her eyes looking as if they were watering. The camera alternated between close-ups and wide views, also reflecting the isolation and loneliness in the lyrics.

Blažio za bolji život
Obećao... Da ostaneš conmaic
I dali ste mi rasaun
Krerovati, krerovati

For this latter half of the verse, Lea was truly beginning to get ahold of the performance as she was able to emote more without it becoming too overwhelming. While it was clear, especially in the first and second lines of this verse that the emotions threatened to overpower the performance, she was able to keep it just centered and focused enough to reign it in. The camera kept focusing on her tormented set of emotions, clearly showcasing the conflict between the emotions she had to bottle up for the performance and the actual resonances and feelings behind these lyrics, especially for the person she had in mind. This line was broached when Lea let down the guard for the last line of the verse, especially in the lead up to the hook.

Mui ne...
Abandonili ste me
Ne laži
Car ju znam la istina

Lea started to step backward slightly, raising her arms out slightly and pointing towards the camera as if doing so in an accusatory tone. The lights began to shine brighter as the instrumentation was building towards the chorus. Her body moved with emotion, Lea visibly closing her eyes at some parts as she knew the chorus was right around the corner. The camera gradually switched between side and frontal views of Lea as she sang this hook. The final shot of the hook focused on Lea's hands going upward, before slowly fading into a black as the music softened into an almost silence.

Po jamo prvi put, želim sloboda
Mui ne imjesto, maj cre je slomljen
It hurts, to poli puno
Volio sam, con svime imao sam

The chorus saw the convention centre's lights roar to life in a blinding white as Lea passionately delivered the chorus. As it was only the first iteration of the chorus, there was a sense that she may be holding back just a tiny bit, but her expression still displayed the pain and anguish she felt from these words. In each and every movement she made, constantly moving backwards and forwards just slightly while her arms were simultaneously flaying about and also aiding in amplying her vocals, she was expressing the pain of abandonment she felt deeply. The camera remained on her, emphasizing a side profile view for the first two lines of the chorus. It was at the third line where the focus switched to a frontal view, catching Lea keeling forward slightly and looking down as she sang the song's English title, 'It hurts,' before gazing back at the camera for the rest of the chorus. For the last line, her hands were almost balled into a fist as her eyes were closed from the raw emotion, hanging her head back and setting both her hands down at the last note. The camera then hung back for a wider view at the brief interval between chorus and verse, displaying the lights dimming and the spotlight being made apparent.

Dao sam sve od sebe
Biti tvoja savršena kćerka
Bio sam tvaja svita
Sve-i laži, ju sam la galina

The start of the shorter second verse saw Lea begin to make steps down to the main platform. The instrumentation was more urgent, a beat added to the proceedings versus the more solely piano-driven first verse. It was somewhat evident that Lea was still in the process of getting the hang of trying to move and maintain the intensity of her vocals. She had the benefit that the verse did not require as much vocal intensity, but the camera hung back for a wider view as she spent the first two lines slowly going down the steps. Her head was down, focusing on taking one step at a time, but the conflicted emotions were still very much in her vocals, especially in the first two lines. Her gaze downwards on the steps was once laced with sorrow and cocnentration. By the third line, she was successfully on the main stage itself, a camera on the ground catching her. She gazed at that camera as it moved around her, her emotional expression catching its brief gaze before returning back to a regular view. She stepped forward with an arm out, preparing for the hook.

Gotov sam, vrime je krenem dalje
La praznog lukra

The hook was brief, with the lights intensifying around Lea as the strings in the instrumentation began to build. Lea stepped back as her vocals went higher and higher. The first line saw her recede her arm back, the camera catching her face. There was a sense of a resigned acceptance and a determination within her expression, a change from the despair she felt. It was at the last line of this hook is where Lea truly let her vocals out, ending the hook with a sense of pleading. The camera caught these conflicted emotions as she was readying herself for the vocals, switching to a stage-wide in a split second.

It hurts, to poli puno

An array of white lights brightened the convention centre to an intense degree, the LED walls finally being utilized displaying an abstract silver background that evoked images of cracked glass. As Lea sang, the images on the screens would crackle further, looking almost close to shattering but never quite coming close to. Accordingly, the camera would then focus on a combination of views that accentuated Lea with the screen. With the addition of the graphics behind her, Lea amped up her delivery of the chorus; being just a bit more forceful with her vocal belts and movements. She then visibly clutched her chest at the end of the second line, then looking upwards with pain in her eyes at the start of the third. The ending of the chorus saw the convention centre darken as Lea let a note linger downwards. She stepped backwards as the camera faded to a closer view of her clasping the microphone with bot hands, her expression and demeanor now fragile as her eyes were closed.

It hurts, to poli puno

She looked visibly pained as she sang the first line of the brief lead-up to the final, and climactic, chorus of the song. Her tone was soft as she sang the song's title drop with a vulnerability that once again saw the line between performing and raw emotion to blur. When she sang the second line, any attempt at a performing pretense was gone... A newfound intensity was found in her vocals as her voice progressively began to become more powerful. She'd come dangerously close to feeding off of just raw emotion during the song, but it was when she performed the ad lib that notated the key change was when all bets were truly off...

It hurts, to poli puno

The final chorus of the song saw the entire entry climax to its most dramatic point. The camera angles were dramatic and yet remained close to Lea the entire time. The convention centre was drowned in the brightest settings of white light, configured to make the most haunting atmosphere possible. The screens were now showing the cracked grass from the earlier chorus, now shattering and falling to pieces. Lea's vocals were at their highest intensity as she was moving and feeling the song with her rawest possible emotions. All she could think of was her father at this moment. Her eyes were closed, her body was tensing with pure grief and despair, and her arms were nearly flailing about as her sole way of making sure to keep pace with her vocals. The words resonated even stronger in her mind as she sang. Her vocals soared and were pushing to the very limits of her vocal ability, and she was visibly shaking trying to navigate the emotions and pull off the performance, at the end even desperately reaching for the camera as it now focused on a frontal view of her.

The outro of the song was at hand, repeating the last line of the chorus. By this point, just playing off the feelings she had in mind while writing the song put Lea close to the edge of breaking down. She soldiered through these final two lines, with the first iteration maintaining the lights and the instrumentation. By the second and final iteration, Lea ceased her movements and stood stock still. She sang each word with as much power she could muster, trying to hold it together as each time she repeated the lines, every word of it sunk deeper in her mind. She only had her father in mind and the veracity and intensity of her feelings. Once that was done, Lea slowly let down the microphone as the lights darkened.

She was too overcome with emotion. The camera cut away before one could see anything but she was visibly crying. Lea tried to wave to the crowd but was too lost in her emotions to make up any proper thank you.

Lea was quickly led backstage, being embraced by the Izmeduan delegation.

Alone and scared
Tears falling from my eyes
I felt so small
Crying for you, crying for you

I only wished for a better life
You promised... that you'd stay with me
And you gave me so many reasons
To believe, to believe...

But no...
You left me behind
Don't lie
Because I know the truth

For once in my life, I want to be free
But instead, my heart is left shattered
It hurts, it hurts so much
I loved you with everything I had

I tried my best
To be the daughter you always wanted
You said I was your world
They're all lies, I'm just a foolish girl

I'm done, it's time that I move on
There's nothing left... (lit. The empty lake [La praznog lukra] = an Izmeduan idiom to denote the feelings of what happens after a cathartic expression/emotionally exhausting situations or to reflect the feeling of emptiness when there are no possible words/feelings to be said)

For once in my life, I want to be free
But instead, my heart is left shattered
It hurts, it hurts so much

Last edited by Togonistan on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:17 pm

Angela is representing Estogium at the Junior World Hit Festival after Estogium's 6th place in Zoloroni, Mercedini. Estogium is hoping to do even better in Togonistan!

Angela was chosen after she entered an online portal called "DO YOU WANT TO REPRESENT ESTOGIUM AT THE JUNIOR WORLD HIT FESTIVAL?" She was successful, she was asked to perform on a stage in Estogium City and she got the part. She booked her seat on the aeroplane. She FLIES to Togonistan.

At the start of the song, Angela stood on the stage, right at the end of it. She was wearing some clothes. She was ready to sing to everybody in the big arena of Togonistan.

Ah yeah! Woooh!
Hey-yeah ah! Oh yeah, ah ah!
Yeah!

Angela started to move side to side like she meant it.

Come on get up!
It's time to get up and start moving up and down,
I have had a lot of time to decide my future
I want to show it all to you
But I need your attention oh yeah
So stand attention and listen to me!

Angela held her hand out, inviting the audience to listen to her.

Oh I wanna sing to you all now!
I wanna pour my heart and my soul out.
Feel the real emotion.
Feel the real emotion.

Angela moved back and danced around the stage with the lights going crazy behind her.

I spent a long time thinking 'bout what I wanted to be
I've decided that I want to show my talent to the world
I want to sing until I'm old, making people everywhere happy!
So don't you stop me, I am made up.

She then ran up the stairs to the LED wall and started dancing in similar fashion to those who were dancing on the LED Screen.

Feel the real emotion.
I wanna pour my heart!
Feel the real emotion.

Angela grit her teeth together and you could see her passion when she made a certain expression with her face.

I'm gonna...sing!
I'm gonna...sing!
I am gonna sing forever
I'm gonna...sing!
I'm gonna...sing!
I'm gonna sing forever

I want to sing until I'm old, making people everywhere happy!
So don't you stop me, I am made up.

She carried on singing here, with the lights going even more mad. The audience screamed in excitement.

Feel the real emotion.
I wanna pour my heart!
Feel the real emotion.

Angela started to get the audience more involved by clapping and walking around the stage where she was at. Two young boys were on the main part of the stage, clapping and welcoming people to sing with her.

(Sing!) Come on World Hit! Wooooo!
(Sing!) Yeahhh!
(Sing!) Come on and sing!
(Sing!) Wooooooohhhh!

Yeah, I wanna sing! (Sing!) I wanna sing!
Yeah, I wanna sing! (Sing!) Wanna sing!
Yeah, I wanna sing! (Sing!) I wanna sing!
Feel the real emotion.
Yeah, I wanna sing - come, come sing with me, come on lets all sing! (Sing!)
Yeah, I wanna sing - come, come sing with me, come on lets all sing! (Sing!)
Yeah, I wanna sing - come, come sing with me (Sing!)
Feel the real emotion.
(Sing!)
(Sing!)

At the end of the song, the boys ran up the stairs and joined her. Pyros shot in to the air and the three were out of breath. "Thank you!!!" she screamed into the microphone. Such a complex routine had finally finished. The stage was getting ready for the next proceedings.
Last edited by Togonistan on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:18 pm

Kamal Shog at a press conference promoting one of his movies

Background
This was Adab's first foray into the Junior World Hit Festival, and - saddled with budget and time constraints - the country jumped in without much of a plan. Though Kinan al-Salaman was the driving force behind the country's WorldVision and World Hit Festival efforts, writing the songs and picking the artists, it was widely rumored that he did not actually approve of the country entering the JWHF; al-Salaman, it was believed, felt that he and the Adab Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) had overextended themselves in aiming for a top ten finish in both WorldVision and the WHF and lavishing vast sums of money on the country's songs and staging in both contests, and thus they could not afford participating in a third contest, at least not without having to offer an obviously scaled-down performance. At this point it was an open secret - though a consistently denied one - that al-Salaman saw the WHF as secondary to his WorldVision ambitions. Adab's stripped-down effort at World Hit Festival 41 - a performance, largely devoid of decorations and effects save for the LED, which saw Jonah Etu sing from his chair in a Hawaiian shirt - was picked on by critics and deemed as proof that al-Salaman and ABC were unwilling to devote more funding and attention towards the WHF. Thus, when Adab announced its participation in JWHF 5, with al-Salaman as the country's songwriter, many doubted that the delegation would even travel to Togonistan in the first place, with a scathing op-ed on The Adab Times calling it "a joke" and "nothing short of a prank."

Such was the skepticism that al-Salaman held a press conference a few days later to assure the public that the country would actually participate in the JWHF and put on a serious effort. But the real surprise came when al-Salaman announced the country's representative at the JWHF: 15-year-old Kamal Shog, who had hitherto been known as a child actor and had retired from acting a year before to focus on school. Kamal's move to music shocked many, largely because he had never been known for his musical talent aside from his cameo in the musical box office bomb I Sing a Song for You, My Dear (in which he did not sing), although his classmates attested to his singing skills on karaoke nights and said that he had been writing songs in his spare time. Kamal won over many of his doubters when he sang a few of his songs in front of the Imperial Palace, surprising the crowd - including members of the Imperial House and several music executives - with his singing and songwriting. Kamal and al-Salaman were credited as joint songwriters for their JWHF effort, although al-Salaman acknowledged that he only contributed a line himself and "suggested a few changes to the other lines and structure" and Kamal otherwise wrote the entire song on his own.

"It's pretty much a tribute to my teachers, to my classmates, and to school in general," Kamal said of his JWHF song. "I've never really hated school, despite all the homework. It gave me many new friends and gave me a start in life. When I had to leave junior high school and turn to homeschooling because of my acting career, I was a bit relieved, to be honest, because at least now I don't have to do all those homework. But homeschooling of just turned out to be different. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against homeschooling, but it just feels like something else. I miss going to, you know, an actual school, because I met all my friends there and most importantly I learned much there. And when you see the poor kids out there who drop out after elementary or don't even get to go to school at all, who have to work from their childhood, some of whom can't even read and write, it makes me thankful that I was still able to go to school. Knowledge is power. Education liberates you."

The performance
The lights were turned on and started to shine on the stage, though it was still largely dark. In the background, the LED screens showed a montage of students from all across Adab going to school. They were urbanites, townspeople, and villagers, they disembarked from their cars, from their school buses, walked the whole way from home, traveled through the dirt and the desert and well-paved roads, dressed in the cleanest and the most dirt-soaked uniforms, but they shared one thing in common: they were going to school. The crowd applauded the montage, and their applause grew louder as Kamal Shog strolled onto the stage, dressed in a black T-shirt and brown jeans. The spotlight was on him as he made his way to the front of the stage, while behind him the band took their place and began playing, with the large LED screen in the middle towering over them.

"Hi everyone, thanks for coming here," the young man said with a smile, to which the Adabians in the crowd replied with sustained cheers, as the sound of the harmonica echoed across the venue. "Oh God, I can't believe I'm really here. You're the greatest, all of you, thank you for the welcome. I've talked about this before, but this song is basically about a tribute to my teachers and friends at school, and the wonder of school in general, the wonder of education. As someone who once went to school and then had to leave because of my career, I feel like school gets a bit of a bad rep among kids of my age, but once you're out you look back and think, 'You know, it wasn't that bad. I learned a lot from it. Where would I be if it weren't for school?'"

It's calling out to me from afar
With every step I take I feel stronger

I came here empty and bare
I came here poor and ignorant
But you're here and you taught me
Where would I be if not for you?

The LED screens were now showing several of the country's most famous schools, complete with scenes of teachers, students, and the staff there. Red and blue lights were moving back and forth across the stage. Kamal, too, was now making his way around the stage, one hand holding on to the mic and the other waving to the spectators who were itching to come close to him. The young man smiled the entire time, even winking a few times at the spectators.

You came with a helping hand and smile and taught me everything
When I was dumb and knew nothing
You called yourself "the teacher" and I went along with it
And then I knew everything

Kamal had now gone back to the center of the stage. Glancing over his back, he smiled and nodded at his band, who played on. Meanwhile, the Adabians in the audience continued cheering for their man, and they were soon followed suit by others in the crowd. The LED screens were now showing a different set of schools, along with scenes of teachers and students arriving in the morning to begin the day.

At the playground and on the field I met you
Smiling faces and the crowd I remember

When I joined you, I knew I belonged
We called ourselves with the word "friends"
There I knew I could trust you
Forever and forever

Kamal began walking around the stage again, waving at the audience all around the stage and even giving the thumbs-up several times, apparently at his fellow Adabians there.

We called ourselves "friends" and we went along with it

"Thank you, Tushlark, for the warm welcome," Kamal said, with an even bigger smile, as the white spotlight continued to follow him around the stage. Around him the stage was bathed in shades of red and blue. "I was a bit nervous, to be honest, but you were here and you cheered and applauded me and the band, and honestly it meant a lot for us."

Every day is but a new day
The world's knowledge is all ours
Every day is but a new day
My eyes are clear, my mind wide open

Kamal had gone to the back of the stage, where the band was playing. There, to the cheers of the crowd, he grabbed the harmonica himself and performed a solo. Several people in the audience even rose to their feet and gave him a standing ovation, to his visible delight.

I came here empty and bare
I came here poor and ignorant
But you're here and you taught me
Where would I be if not for you?

You called yourself "the teacher" and I went along with it

Here the drums took on a more prominent role, turning suddenly to a martial beat. The LED screens gradually faded to black, though the red and green lights continued moving around the stage and the spotlight still followed Kamal around.

You came with a helping hand and a smile and taught me everything
We called ourselves "friends" and we went along with it

We held on together and then we went for a ride

The song gradually faded away into nothingness. When the last note had been sounded and the music stopped, Kamal gathered his band at the front of the stage for a final bow, to the cheers and applauses of the audience, with some even heard shouting "More! More!" They waved one final time to the audience, and then disappeared backstage.
Last edited by Togonistan on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:19 pm

The entry begin with her dressed as a princess sitting on a throne. She is joined with a nameless male dancer (15), and three backup-singer (14,14,13).

With an glitter effect being added on the tranision, the entry begin to play. Rëbecä sits.

Jeg møtte en som jeg er forelsket i
(I meet on i am in love with)

En som jeg kan kalle min kjærsete og bare min
(One what i can call my loverfriend and only mine)

Fordi da jeg så han for første gang
(Because when i saw you for the first time)

Så viste jeg at du var den for meg
(I know that you were the one for me)

She rises up and goes toward the main stage. The male dancer (15) walks into the stage, dressed as a prince.

Elsker du meg som den jeg er?
(Do you love me as who i am?)

Jeg vil bare at vi to blir sammen
(I just want we two to become together)

Men vil du se at jeg elsker deg?
(But do you see that i love you?)

Armor har truffet oss to
(Amour has hit us two)

The dancer holds her hand and dances around not seeing her.

Vær min prins
(Be a prince)

Jeg vil ikke være alene så vær en helt
(I dont want th be alone so be a hero)

Ja, vær en prins Ja, vær en prins
(Yes, be a prince)

Ri sammen ned det store solnedgang
(Ride together down the big sunset)

Vær min prins
(Be a prince)

Når vi to er sammen så kan ingen stoppe oss
(When we two are together no one can stop up)

(Yes, be a prince)

Jeg er så sykt forelsket i deg
(Im so baldy in love with you)

Jeg møtte en som jeg er forelsket i
(I meet on i am in love with)

En som jeg kan kalle min kjærsete og bare min
(One what I can call my loverfriend and only mine)

Fordi da jeg så han for første gang
(Because when i saw you for the first time)

Så viste jeg at du var den for meg
(I know that you were the one for me)

Elsker du meg som den jeg er?
(Do you love me as who i am?)

Jeg vil bare at vi to blir sammen
(I just want we two to become together)

Men vil du se at jeg elsker deg?
(But do you see that i love you?)

Armor har truffet oss to
(Amour has hit us two)

Vær min prins
(Be a prince)

(Yes, be a prince)

Er du forelsket i meg?
(Do you love me?)

Jeg blir nærvøs når jeg ser deg
(I get nervous when i see you)

Det er bare noe jeg vil si til deg
(Its only one thing i want to say to you)

Jeg vil bare si til deg at jeg elsker deg
(I just want to say that i love you)

Oh whoa…

As the camera crane flies away from the main stage, we see for a short while a steady-cam operator runs on stage. This doesn't last long as we cut to the camera-man who run around her while she keeps the same tone for a long time. The same camera operator then runs toward the left exit of the stage as a new camera-crane

Oh oh…

The dancer sees her and dances around her.

Vær min prins
(Be a prince)

(Yes, be a prince)

With a hug, the entry ends. The winning nation of JWFH3 has performed. How many points will Darkmania get?
Last edited by Togonistan on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:20 pm

Left: Ash Alovili / Right: Eva Taualai

For JWHF5, Lucky 7 hosted an open national final, where all the potential artists in the nation were eligible to send their songs. Eventually, the broadcaster picked out 6 final acts that received invitation to live final. Following a tight battle, Lucky 7 eventually decided to go for 13-year old Ashley ''Ash'' Alovili and 14-year old Eva Taualai, a dynamic duo who performed their ballad ''Fade Away.''

Eva Taualai is a 14-year young musician and vocalist from Tushlark. Coming from a family with strong musical ties, she has been studying in a music-oriented school since the age of 6. Eva is capable of playing both a violin and a piano, as well as singing. Despite having participated in various local musical competitions and festivals before, JWHF5 is her first step to the international stage.

Ashley Alovili, age 13, is a rising star in the local music scene who raised into prominence at the beginning of the year, after she released her first solo project. Unlike Eva, Ash does not have received any musical education and started her career by uploading covers of famous songs to the internet.

The girls were brought together by Tahafa Talagi, a famous producer who saw potential in them two. Talagi started working with the girls right about the time when auditions for JWHF5 began, meaning that the whole project was rather rushed through the production to send it to the competition by the deadline. However, despite that, the duo proved successful and here they are, performing their song.

The song ''Fade Away'' tells a story about two childhood friends, who, due to circumstances, get separated as one moves far away. The feelings and thoughts that come with such an event are the main inspiration for the whole song. ''I'm sure that a lot, and I mean it, a lot of people can relate to the story. One way or another, we all have that one person we have spent time with in the past, but grown apart later,'' Ash Alovili commented on the moral of the song.

Performance:

The stage is dark as the tune starts playing. Slowly, the stage lights up, revealing Ash standing on the stage. Camera takes a close-up shot of her as she starts singing.

[Ash:] I didn't know that you were gonna go
I thought that you were fine
To be best friend of mine

Camera takes a 180 degree turn and focuses on Eva, who has just stepped out of the shadows. Eva is wearing a long red dress, while Ash is wearing a dress identical to Eva's, except that her dress is light blue instead.

[Eva:] I didn't really want to go
But I just had to
They're breaking us apart, moving away afar

The girls turn to face each other, singing while looking deeply into each others eyes.

[Eva:] I didn't want to go
[Ash:] I didn't want to lose you
[Eva:] Although I miss you
[Ash:] We must not let to

The stage lights up more, and background screens start showing a mixture of colors, fading from dark purple to light blue.

[Both:] Not let the memories fade away
The moments me and you
Together we went through

We must not let to
Not let the memories fade away
The moments me and you
Together we went through
We can not let them fade away

Background screens turn red, as the girls turn backs to each other and start walking in opposite directions. The camera focuses on both of them one at a time as they are singing their lines. Eventually, they both do a half circle around the stage, eventually reaching to each other again.

[Eva:] Nothing is certain now
I feel left out

[Ash:] You got to carry on
When ever feeling down

[Ash:] I know you'd want to stay
[Eva:] I really would if I'd may
[Eva:] Although I miss you
[Ash:] We must not let to

Eva and Ash face each other as the background turns into light blue again.

[Both:] Not let the memories fade away
The moments me and you
Together we went through

We must not let to
Not let the memories fade away
The moments me and you
Together we went through
We can not let them fade away

Suddenly, the background screens and lights turn into a mixture of orange and yellow, as the girls start walking towards the edge of the stage, side by side to each other. Eventually, they stop and remain standing there.

[Eva:] I feel out of words to say
[Ash:] Don't worry, one day we may
[Eva:] We may meet again
[Ash:] Yeah
[Eva:] I will come from afar

[Both:] Even if we're far apart
You're still in my heart
It will always be you and me, yeah!

[Ash:] Don't let the memories fade away
[Both:] The moments we went through
[Ash:] Together me and you
[Eva:] Together me and you
[Ash:] No

The girls face each other again and take a step closer, as they are singing the final verse. They look deep into each other's eyes and have a little smile on their faces.

[Both:] We must not let to
Not let these memories fade away
[Ash:] The moments me and you
[Eva:] Together we went through
[Both:] Don't let the memories fade away
[Ash:] Yeah
[Eva:] No matter where you go
[Ash:] No matter where you go
[Both:] We can meet in the space between

As the song enda, Eva and Ash put their arms around each other and hug. The audience starts cheering, with the biggest noise coming from the Togonistani fan sector. The girls hug for a while, before letting go and facing the audience. A tear can be seen coming from Eva's eye, while Ash is putting her mic to her mouth and says: ''Thank you everyone! Thank you!''
Last edited by Togonistan on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:21 pm

We're not in Zoloroni anymore, Dorothy! That's right, the Junior World Hit Festival rolls into Tushlark for the 5th edition of the contest, with Mercedini hoping to continue to their good performances in recent contest, with the blue and black nation sending their first group act to the contest after their 3rd place finishes with both a male solo artist and a female solo artist. This time, it's quintet APXES who will fly the flag in Togonistan with their song 'Won't Ever Get Better', a song born and nurtured throughout the Mercedinian music establishment and an act that earnt it's place via SongSearch, the Mercedinian national final.

Despite having the vast majority of the money and resources at their disposal, APXES were given a scare in the national final against Andersi from Saabham, with the five-piece having to share the spoils with the international jury, with Izmedu and Britonisea voting for them, while Titaniumland and Todlichebujoku voted for Andersi). Following that, APXES booked their ticket to Tushlark by winning the public votes by eight percent, or just around ten points on the night, meaning AXPES strolled to a comfortable victory on the night, winning both the meaningful public vote and the ENM online poll by a margin of 16 percentage points. They moved on to represent the nation against some of the multi-verse's best upcoming talent.

The opening notes of the song ring out around the stadium in Tushlark as the five members of the Mercedinian group take to the stage for their big performance. The stage is lit up in black and white as shaded geometric pattern flash up on the screen behind the performers as they are spread out across the stage with each member of a different elevation along the multiple series of steps on the Togonistani stage. The five members all have a sombre look on the faces. A layer of thin fog is covering the floor of the stage with each performer wearing their own outfit consistent of only black and white pieces to suit their personality and their images.

Key: AleksandrPietroXavierErikSkyler

Aleksandr (top of the picture), begins singing the opening lines of the song in Mercedinian with the camera in the middle of the arena zooming in on his face which is illuminated by two lights from the front and the back of the stage. He strains his face as tries to hit his notes with his breathy tones in one of the biggest moments of his young career.

Gente, sappiamo com'è
Stelle allineate, gli angeli il futuro
Ma rimaniamo alti alla fine
Pendimi dal mio corpo, non sarò mai più lo stesso
Tutto ciò che rimane è un ricordo

(People, you know how it is)
(Stars align, angels mourn for the future)
(But we are left standing in the end)
(Take me from my body, I’ll never be the same)
(Now all that’s left is a memory)

Pietro (far-left of picture) is then heard as the camera flies in from a height, with the young performer offering his hand to the airborne camera as it continues to fly forward towards his. Brief puffs of smoke are seen from the stage floor as Pietro walks down the steps on the left hand side and back towards the centre of the stage.

Ho scalato la montagna vida
Tutto ciòcha rimane è polvera

(I’ve climbed the mountain of life)
(And all that remains is dust)

Xavier (middle of picture) then takes control of the song has stands alone in the centre of the stage with all of the other four group member standing still and looking at the performer who has the largest part to sing in the entire song with plenty of pressure put on his young shoulders, with literally every eye in the stadium on the Mercedinian. As he sings the final lines of his section, he walks out of shot to reveal a waiting Skyler (bottom of the picture) behind him. Skyler was originally hidden behind Xavier but is now in full view as he faucettos before the end of the verbal part of the chorus.

During the instrumental, the five members slowly walk around the stage as the geometric patterns return to the LED screen behind them. White lights circle around them as they all move to different positions around the stadium, with Erik (far-right of the picture) coming to the front of the stage for his solo in the performance.

If things won’t ever get better
What reason is there to stay?
How’d I keep these words at bay?
Why do we come so far then throw it all away?

A floating camera shot floats toward the stage floor as Erik walks to the front of the stage to meet it. The other four members of the group then walk to the side as Erik becomes the only member of the group in the shot. The small blanket of fog is disturbed by his footsteps plus a fan which was been switched on from the bottom of the stage. The smoke is blown away which is reflected in the graphics on the LED screen at the back, which crumbles away to reveal a bright white background, contrasting the previous shown deep grey graphics. Erik walks away and is replaced by Pietro who walks back into the shot for his second appearance in the song.

Seduto qui da solo, nient'altro che una
stanza vuota, non può sfuggirma
Problemi che non posso risolverai
É solo la vida?

(Sitting here alone, nothing but an)
(empty room, can’t escape myself)
(Problems/Issues I cant solve)
(Is that just life?)

Pietro walks in from the back of the stage to the front as the camera moves onto the stage and deeper towards the LED screen. Pietro continues to walk forward as the camera meets him and then begins to track back and flay back out into the audience in a near complete reset of the beginning of the verse. Pietro offers his hand to the central camera as it zooms in consistently towards his face as his second part of the song draws to a close. The shot of the young Mercedinian comes to an end as it cuts to Xavier standing at the far side of the stage for the second part of the chorus.

Ho scalato la montagna vida
Tutto ciòcha rimane è polvera

(I’ve climbed the mountain of life)
(And all that remains is dust)

The camera scrolls around the bottom of the stage where Xavier is standing as he crouches down towards the camera to sing to the audience at home, before looking up to the central camera once again in a simple choreographed move. The white lights have dissipated almost completely from the stage and only pulse during each note of the chorus, his long curly hair drooping over the side of his face as the light reflects off of it. Xavier walks back toards the centre of the stage as the camera tracks him across the stage. The strafing movement of the camera is stopped as Skyler comes into view and Xavier moves off screen as the blonde-haired Mercedinian sings his part of the song.

What reason is there to stay? (woah, oh yeah)

Xavier completes his stroll across the stage and captures the attention of the other camera as he takes control of another solo. Aleksandr can be seen in the background as he gives supporting vocals to Xavier in the foreground. Xavier beats his chests twice before offering his free hand to the camera. He turns to face the centre of the stage as the audience can be heard over the arena microphones. A quick cut back to the centre of the stage where Skyler is waiting for his major part of the song.

Domanda e risposta
E questo è tutta
Domanda e risposta

(Questions and answers)
(And that’s everything I have)
(Questions and answers)

Skyler sings his largest part of the song, and looks visibly nervous as he sings out in front of the millions watching in the stadium and at home. His eyes are glazing over and his hand holding the microphone is shaking as he gets through his rendition of the chorus. The shot from the central camera of the arena zooms out as the remaining four members of the group join him in the centre to form an arrow formation for the final parts of the song. Xavier adds his line before all five combine to sing the title line of the song together for the first time in the song.

The camera zips forward across the arena, capturing the waving flags and the moving heads as the lights reflect off them. Xavier and Erik offer their services to the song once again with the other three providing their vocals to the song through the title line once again. White lights are pulsing across the stage with the five of them in the centre, wowing the crowd as the slid mid-point in the song, coming after the hosts and a number of strong contenders for the title. The five of them offer their hand to the central camera for the final time before holding that pose and signalling the end of the Mercedinian performance.

Domanda e risposta
E questo è tutta
(io e tu)
Domanda e risposta
Domanda e risposta
E questo è tutta
(tu-u-u)
Domanda e risposta

(Questions and answers)
(And that’s everything I have, me and you)
(Questions and answers)
(Questions and answers)
(And that’s everything I have, you-u-u)
(Questions and answers)

The audience give a loud cheer for the five performers, as they huddle together to congratulate themselves on what was a great performance in a high pressure situation for the five of them. Aleksandr takes to the microphone to thank the audience after the performance has ended, 'Grazij Togastana, vi diamo i nostri migliori auguri!". Being the main English speaker of the group, Skyler and Xavier thank the audience in a more universal language, "Thank you all, we love you!". The five of them wave to the audience before the camera cuts away to the postcard of the next performance.
Last edited by Togonistan on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:23 pm

After the Mercedinian performance, Mareta entered the stage again. She smiles as the crowd cheers for her, until they eventually calmed down again. Mareta started speaking:

''Thank you APXES for this spectacular performance. Eight nations have performed already, seven more to go. However, before we let Olyvia from Llalta to enter the stage, please, allow me to take a few minutes to introduce you all my co-host. Yes, you heard that right. While I'm just standing here, speaking every once in a while and pulling the strings here, my wonderful co-host Alysson is in the greenroom, right in the middle of our artists. Let's take a look how she's doing back there, shall we?''

Broadcast takes us to the greenroom, where Alysson Lumela is standing, wearing an orange dress decorated with native patterns. The greenroom itself also has a native decoration, with a carpet made of large banyan leaves covering the whole floor. Delegations can be seen sitting on bean bags, all of which are decorated with native Togoni patterns. However, each delegation's area is also marked with a large mat with a pattern in the colors of their perspective nation's flag. Alysson smiles and starts speaking:

''Thank you Mareta, I'm doing fine. Or, actually, WE are doing fine. You know, standing here, I feel really bad that I did not study to become a school teacher when I had the time. Because, these children, they are amazing! Come on, give yourselves a big big applause!''

People in the greenroom start cheering and waving their flags. Camera moves around from one delegation to another, until the broadcast gets cut, bringing us back to Mareta on the stage.

''That's great to hear, Alysson! However, now, it is time for the next contestant to step up! Give a big applause to Llalta! This is Olyvia Kingsington with My World.''
Last edited by Togonistan on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:23 pm

Olyvia Kingsington, 14, Llaltese Junior World Hit Festival hopeful

Ever since the very first participation in the World Hit Festival one edition ago, the LBN have been interested in participating in the Junior edition of the prestigious contest. However, after a rather mediocre debut in WHF, placing 8th in the semi final, meaning a non-qualification. Interest for both WorldVision and World Hit Festival declined following an unsuccessful WorldVision 67. The LBN was losing hope as was the people. However, that all changed when Esther Winterbourne represented the small island nation in World Hit Festival 41, with the song "Like Memories", a true Llaltese ballad. This was a risk for such a contest, with millions of people around the World tuning in to watch. The song, written by Esther herself, managed to capture the hearts of people, gaining second place overall with 36 points, 35 of which being the top 5 points. This gave Llalta new found hope, and pushed the LBN to enter the Junior World Hit Festival, no matter the circumstance.

Llaltese participation was confirmed as soon as the show was announced, allowing as much time as possible to create and craft a song to amaze the audience. After, a small 'National Final' held in the St. Christopher Academy's sports hall, a singer was picked. Winning by a huge majority, an unknown singer won, stunning the audience with a breathtaking rendition of Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On". Her name was Olyvia Kingsington, a 14 year old school girl, born in Alborne. She went into the small contest with little confidence and little experience of singing in front of a huge audience. However she blew the audience away with her hidden talent. With no vocal training, it was going to be a difficult task to craft an amazing song and performance.

That’s when Esther Winterbourne reached out to the 14 year old, promising to help create a masterpiece for the Junior World Hit Festival. After around a month, the two had created a song, “My World”, a dark song about Olyvia’s experience with depression. Whilst Esther had helped out with the composition of the song, Olyvia wrote the lyrics by herself, showing the true pain she’d felt during that dark period of her life. The song was originally considered to dark for the contest by the LBN, and denied it. However, after a day, the LBN accepted it as their entry once and for all, entering the young prodigy into the contest once and for all.

Olyvia Kingsington is a 14 year old school girl, who was born in Alborne. She grew up in Alborne for the first 5 years of her life, before moving over to St. Christopher for education reasons. She was a quiet girl, who was studious and didn’t get in anyone’s way. However in year 6, after a friend moved away to Britonisea, she began to get bullied. It was nothing at first, but eventually it got to her. This continued until year 8. She would self harm, distance herself from family and friends and was depressed. School was a living nightmare. She would often bunk off and skip it. This was an extremely dark period in her life, with little help as she didn’t tell anyone about it. She tried to take her own life in 2017. However, the attempt was unsuccessful, and she was given therapy sessions. Luckily she recovered and now, in year 9, lives her life normally and happily. Due to her self consciousness, she never revealed her singing talent to anyone, which is why it was such a shock for those who knew her.

Her song, “My World”, is about the pain she felt during such a dark period in her life. Written alongside Esther Winterbourne who said, “working with her was a delight. Olyvia is such a talented young girl with an amazing voice. We wanted the song to mean something; to help those in her situation. And there’s subtle meanings everywhere. And damn, she can write lyrics. All written by herself, they are so real and brutally honest. It brings me to tears.” The song has been condemned by many people for being too mature. But it’s here. Llalta, take it away!

After a huge cheer from the audience, the arena turns to darkness. The last mutters from the audience die down, anticipating the Llaltese entry. Olyvia takes one last big breath before the music starts. This is it.

As the music starts, the camera takes a bird’s eye view of the stage. Olyvia is seen lying on the stage, eyes closed. Her limbs are sprawled across the floor as if she were asleep. Her luscious brown hair has been let down, reaching as far down as her chest, and she has little make up. She wears this dress, which is elegantly splayed around her like a pool of blood. She is shoeless too.

The LED floor which she is lying on shows what seems to be a circle of concrete pavement, with cracks. However the LED wall at the back has no images on it yet. There is one single white spotlight, lighting up Olyvia’s sprawling body. Other than that though, the rest of the stage and arena are pitch black. The camera, starts from the very top from its bird eye view, before slowly zooming into Olyvia throughout the verse. After the short introduction, Olyvia begins singing, every word as of it were her last. Her voice sounds pained, as if she’d been through all this. Despite this, her face remains soulless and dead, with no emotion showing on her face at all throughout. At the last two words, she spits them out, as if scolding the audience.

So deep in those shadows
Shifting in the unknown
Distorted faces
They say
“You’re so worthless”
“So worthless”

For the bridge, she slowly rises so that she is sitting, legato the side of her with her blood red dress testing on her legs. She would have looked almost casual if it weren’t for her agonising facial expressions. Agony and pain wept across her face as she sang the bridge. The camera took a front view of the stage, with Olyvia relatively close up to the camera, every emotion that swept across her face in full view of the audience. The LED panel at the back, shows a what looks like a sunrise with a white ball of light, flashing over the horizon. Despite how bright the 'sun' is, most of the panel remains black. The camera takes a further back view of Olyvia, a mere sihlouette blocking the sunlight. On the third line, she lets out a burst of sorrowful anger, eyes shut tightly.

They keep chanting
Chanting those words
You scream and you shout
But nothing is heard
Trapped in the abyss
Silence

As she reaches the chorus, she slowly rises to a stand. Her elegant red dress falls to her ankles, showing the true length of the dress. The camera circles her slowly throughout the chorus, as she sings the lines with emotion. Tightly gripped around the mic, scars can be seen scattered on her hand. Her other hand does some beautiful movements, yet so pained and twisted. During the chorus a couple more spotlights shine on Olyvia, until 5 bright white spotlights focus on her in the centre of the stage, sorrowfully singing the tune. The LED panel behind her twists into a picture of what looks like black serpents, drawn in a chalky style. They slither back and forth, covering the sunrise. Eventually there is nothing left but a slither of light left to shine. Olyvia's face distorts into a painful sorrow, creases etching across her face.

Shadows snaking through your mind
Covering what’s left of the daylight
Voices tearing your world apart
“No one loves you, just disappear”

The is a flash of white lights, before it turns to blackness once more. Olyvia's tone is more loud and viscous this time, suiting the lyrics and verse. Her movements are sharp and harsh and her face has contorted to a sorrowful anger. Her red dress also swings back and forth due to her larger, more angered movements. The lights turn semi strobe like, flashing on and off manically, but not seizure inducing. Her face, etched with creases, has shadows constantly flashing across her face, whilst also being lit up. Her face is like a battle field of light and shadows. The camera zooms in for a while before panning across the stage. The LED panel at the back turns back to black again, so it doesn't interfere with the lighting.

“You ain’t worth a dollar”
They screech in your mind
They echoing
Opening wounds of the past
Wounds you know

The LED panel contorts into various horrifying faces screaming, with the graphics taking the form of a chalky, sketchy art style, not to give the kiddies nightmares. Sketchy smoke then covers the faces up. Olyvia belts out the bridge with such agony and pain, it's like she remembers each moment of that dark period of her life. Her flowy dress elegantly dances as she moves. The spotlights stop flashing manically by the bridge to rest on Olyvia in the centre of the stage. Her face is both pained and sorrowful, her voice blowing everyone away. Her long brown hair dances down to the top of her chest. The LED panel behind her, a heart appears and beats to the music. It then fades away as the last line is sang by Olyvia, who sings it slightly quieter and almost soulless.

Familiar faces
Twisting into nightmares
You suffocating
In your own mind
Heartbeat drifts away
Away...

She pushes her hair back, as she belts the chorus out. Emotions take over her. The lights are all focused on Olyvia again and the LED wall depicts the same chalky drawings, only this time snakes slither across the screen. The camera swirls around and zooms into Olyvia, creases etched across her face. A single tear rolls down her cheek as she clenches her fist. She is almost at her breaking point. Each word she sings with such emotion and pain. Some other lights, dark blues and reds, roam the arena, giving it an eery atmosphere. The LED panel behind her then depict a swirl of white and black, like a black hole. It then vanished into the centre of the swirl and turns all black.

Shadows snaking through your mind
Covering what’s left of the daylight
Voices tearing your world apart
“No one loves you, just disappear”

The arena turns black except for a single spotlight on Olyvia. Her eyes are shut tightly as she sings the long notes, as if she were at peace with herself for once during this song. The camera circles around Olyvia relatively close up before moving backwards to see her from a distance. The audience could be seen staring intently at Olyvia. On the final note before the last chorus, she looks up to the sky. The camera takes a view from the top and under her feet, lights begin flickering and shining, like the sun. The audience roars. Her face contorts into agony, her eyes shut tightly and hands raised. Tears start falling down her face. One at first, before many.

As the chorus begins, the white light under her feet flashes brightly and explodes, releasing silky white serpent to creatures to roam all over the LED floor and panel behind Olyvia. The serpents are somewhat blurry as they integrate into the black. They start to create scenes, with distorted faces screaming for help and soulless faces staring blankly. Olyvia on the main stage vocalises, moving her body, the red dress swirling this way and that. It’s almost like some kind of dance the way she moves, a dance that shows all her pain and emotions. Her tears, wiping the little make up she had on off. Whilst the backing singers sing the lyrics, the LED faces swiftly turn into rapidly changing pictures of tears falling. This is all in the sketchy, chalky style from earlier. The tears fall onto these waves with hands reaching out desperately, calling for help. Eventually, strings pick them out of the white waves and they dance like a puppet on the penultimate line. The puppets surround an angel, crouched up in a ball sobbing, tormented by the puppets. On the third line she hits the high note with ease, looking upwards, hands clenched into a tight fist.

During the final chorus, anguish and pain spread across her face, the camera taking closeups of her every now and then to capture the emotions. The camera then circled around Olyvia before panning across the stage, hectic yet almost scary pictures plaguing the LED screens. The lights during this are all focused on Olyvia, moving sorrowfully like some kind of dance.

On the final line, the arena goes pitch black apart from the single spotlight, which is directed at Olyvia. She falls to her knees as if to pray as she somberly sings the final line. Although the final line is interrupted with her trying not to sob. Her messy brown hair is everywhere, on her face and on her back. Whilst her red dress is a cluttered heap on the floor. The camera faces towards her, close up to capture each emotion. The arena then turns pitch black.

Reality twisting to nightmares
Lost in the prison of your mind
A puppet on a string to the demons inside
One last breath 'till my world turns to night

There is a huge roar for Olyvia as the lights turn back on. She stands up shakily, crying. She wipes a few stray hairs from her face and takes a huge bow and says, “Thank you Togoni...” she pauses to sob. “Togonistan. And never give up!” She walks offstage face in palms, tears from both the song and her performance. She wasn’t crying alone either.
Last edited by Togonistan on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:24 pm

As only the second JWHF act fully under SterGo100's control, Dimas Švangau and Gerda Mizušima have a lot riding on them. Roch Madeira, their predecessor in that respect, achieved a solid mid table placing, and the duo hope to at least do as well. Their song "Together," as with many Tödlichebujoki song contest entries about love, does not have a single meaning. The most basic meaning for international audiences is one of love, of learning how to deal with fights in a romantic relationship at a relatively young age. However, in the context of the Tödlichebujoki same-sex orthodoxy, this changes. Now the song can be read as one of two teenagers wondering if their relationship is one driven purely by base hormones, and whether they will achieve a lifetime friendship because or despite this. Either way, Dimas and Gerda hope to have a great time in Tushlark, and have enthusiastically greeted the Kalosian delegation, which had sailed through an unfortunate placement in the last JWHF with a grace that the two greatly admired.

The stage edges flicker blue in the darkness. Dimas is illuminated on center stage, near the audience, light soft on his face. In the background, a silhouette of a figure leaving through a bright doorway is shown. He looks almost pleadingly toward the audience, worried that his heart might be broken
Álá kávele pois, kun saat piiksinen minulle
Don't walk away when you get mad at me

Meillá on avaimet ballarita omaa ritmolle
We hold the keys to be dancing to our own beat

He looks off the side, conflicted, and snaps his fingers to the beat as if lost in thought. Meanwhile, the stage's accent/edge lighting flashes white to the snaps, and the background screen shows the doorway slowly closing
Sá ya má, sárkümátön, sanoit
You and I, unbreakable, you said

Tarkoitatko mitá sanot?
Do you mean what you say?

He snaps back to reality and executes a slow choreographed dance, hands on his body like he's not sure whether to trust what he's feeling. The lighting on stage increases, but the background is black
Voisiko rakkautemme olla vain varomeya?
Could our love be nothing but our hormones?

Mitá yos támá on vain vaihe elámássá?
What if this is just a phase of life?

Voisimme sanoa hüvástit ya erillisten
We could say goodbye and separate

Mutta se kaikki, tarvitse olla náin?
But does it all need to be this way?

As he begins, the lights fully glow up, and Gerda glides onto the stage from behind him, and they turn to face each other while singing, turning in a circle
The sun's still shining, for you, for me, we belong here together
We'll fight, we'll love, we won't leave one another
Hold on, hold tight, storms won't tear us asunder
Don't run, don't cry, we'll be there for each other

Two boy backing dancers join Dimas while two girl backing dancers join Gerda, and they have a dance off that ends in a synchronized routine together. The ambient lighting cuts out as very chill strobe lights flicker into the air
We belong here together
We belong here together

The lighting returns to a soft and minimal state. Gerda walks over to Dimas and strokes his chin, looking into his eyes. She rolls her eyes and walks away
Teet sen náüttáván, ettá támá on kaikki musta
You make it seem like this is all about me

Totuus on, se ei ole, sulla on osa jokari
The truth is, it's not, you have a part to play

Turning back, she shrugs sadly, turning back to glance at Dimas for a second
He sanovat kukaan ei ole táüdellinen
They say no one is perfect

Ehká olemme liian puutteellisia
Maybe we're too incomplete

Striding along the edge of the stage, she sings the bridge, gesturing toward the audience as if asking them for answers, with stage lights flashing to the beat
Voisiko rakkautemme olla vain varomeya?
Could our love be nothing but our hormones?

Mitá yos támá on vain vaihe elámássá?
What if this is just a phase of life?

Voisimme sanoa hüvástit ya erillisten
We could say goodbye and separate

Mutta se kaikki, tarvitse olla náin?
But does it all need to be this way?

The two join once more in an embrace, then separating and striding across the stage side by side

They dance once more, but this time entirely together and not as adversaries
We belong here together
We belong here together

The venue darkens, the only light is from below Dimas and Gerda's faces, as they press themselves together

Sparks fly out from the stage as a constellation of lights unfolds
We belong here together
We belong here together

The lights fade, just Dimas and Gerda pressing their hands together in the middle of the stage, foreheads touching
Meillá on avaimet ballarita omaa ritmolle
We hold the keys to be dancing to our own beat

The final spotlight cuts out

"Kiitos Tushlark!! Kiitos kaikille!!" the two shout as they bow, wave, and then exit the stage
Last edited by Togonistan on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:25 pm

P¡nkthong is a 7 year old singer songwriter from the now ruled by Indo States, Polkopia. He loves music and has been doing it for a while.

Silence descends on the arena as the lights dim. There is an awkward silence before the music starts and the screen turns on to show a map of the world (simplified of course). The earth spins for a moment, showing all the nations on the map. The beat then starts as the lights flash to the techno beat. Then, P¡nkthong steps from the black at the back of the stage, hands on hips.

He wears a t-shirt with all the flags on it with bright blue jeans. As he sings the first stanza, he gets a flag of Izmedu (copied from Queen Josie just saying) and wave sit as he sings. A dancer wearing Izmeduan style clothes hobbles on, crying. She slumps to the floor after walking 5 steps. The LED wall shows the Izmeduan flag..

Izmedu, du du du du du du
Izmedu!

The girl with Izmeduan clothes is shoved off by a male dancer wearing Todaskys’ flag. P¡nkthong flings away his Izmeduan flag and pulls out a Todaskys’ flag. The LED wall shows the Todaskys’ flag.

Todaskys, du du du du du du
Todaskys!

The Todaskys dancer, after doing some rather uneventful tricks, walks offstage sassily, only to be replaced by a sassier Axuvian girl. She does a cartwheel before falling on the spot. must have been AIDS. P¡nkfong grabs a Axuvian flag from nowhere and waves it. The LED wall does its thing.

Axuva, du du du du du du
Axuva, du du du du du du
Axuva, du du du du du du
Axuva!

The Britonisea dancer comes onstage wearing a singles thong. He struts to centre stage and slut drops before strutting out again. P¡nkthong is oblivious though and continues to wave his Britonisea flag. The LED panel behind him shows the Britonisea flag.

Britonisea, du du du du du du
Britonisea!

The Norwegian flag appears on the LED screen as P¡nkthong brings out a Vartugia’s flag and waves it. Slavie comes onstage and does some amazing trick before flying off, breaking the roof.

Darkmania, du du du du du du
Darkmania!

Julie Vega appears on the screen as P¡nkthong pulls out a Julie Vega CD. Julie Vega runs onstage, panting before screaming and running off again. She is followed by two Indo States military men, holding guns and blabbering in Robloxian.

Indo States, du du du du du du
Indo States!

Honestly there is nothing interesting about Anta so :/ Antahbrantabsbsjahwbian flag on the panel bla bla bla

Antahbran’, du du du du du du
Antahbran’!

A Polkopia woman comes onstage sipping tea. She has a dead Axuvian woman on her shoulders as she sexily struts onstage. The Polkopia flag appears onstage and P¡nkthong brings out a cup of tea to sip on.

Polkopia, du du du du du du
Polkopia!

The Kalosia’s flag appears on the LED panel as P¡nkthong brings out the Kalosian flag. He waves it. There’s a Kalosian child who walks onstage like some catwalk and walks off again.

Kalosia, du du du du du du
Kalosia!

The is a reliever cheer from the audience as P¡nkthong bows, saying “Tank you Tojoneesten!”
Last edited by Togonistan on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:27 pm

This background displays on the LED screen, which flashes white and red during the chorus.
Only the rhythm, in my blood,
Everything's rapid, like a flash flood
Bodies go around, so we go through the mud

But I won't stop moving, anytime
I won't stop moving, anytime
Until the day I die
Until the day I die

Do everything you can, there's still time
Everyone's equal, from nougat to lime (from nougat to lime)

Until the day I die
Until the day I die

Nestre timbie par la iguelda
de treto va mai allei
Si tudie tracharamei juonti,
ei mondo seria major*

Until the day I die
Until the day I die

Want do something, go on ahead
Play in the garden, sleep in your bed (sleep in your bed)

Until the day I die
Until the day I die

Nestre timbie par la iguelda
de treto va mai allei
Si tudie tracharamei juonti,
ei mondo seria major*

Until the day I die
Until the day I die

I won't accept your blatant abuse
Misusing you power, like a modern zeus
Until the day I die
After the day I die

You should really help us all
And not fall in that pitfall

Until the day I die
Until the day I die

Please stop the abuse
And just don't misuse
We are humans too
You're making me blue
Until the day I die
Until the day I die

The background fades to black, after which the website for Incochiria (International Coöperation of Children's Rights Agencies) comes on the screen.

*Our chime for equal treatment goes further. If everyone worked together, the world would be better.
Last edited by Togonistan on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:28 pm

Due to Britonisea's broadcaster, BVC, having ownership of the rights to participate for both Britonisea and Aloquirbe, the smallest of the ABEN nations has not had it's opportunity at any of the World Hit Festivals for a long time yet. However, a chance has opened up for Aloquirbe and the nation is grabbing that opportunity.

Aloquirbe is the nation that not many has heard about, and not a nation people mention when asked what country first pops in your mind when "ABEN" is said. However, the country which is home to six million people has a robust music industry which is played through airwaves across the Brityunikosphere and the region as a whole. Aloquirbe last participated in the 23rd World Hit Festival which was held in New Sarum, Ethane where the nation placed 3rd with 18 points. To date, that has been Aloquirbe's most successful result at the World Hit Festival, but is hoping that it's returning to the Junior World Hit Festival will strike a positive chord for those who are watching from around the Multiverse.

Jared Zayne is coming to Togonistan: Jared is the first Aloquirb going to the Junior World Hit Festival ever and he will be going with the song "The Power of Love"

Initially, Aloquirbe had announced it's intention to participate at the 2nd Junior World Hit Festival which was held in Bloodbath Generation. Two girls, Holly Gilles (15), Kelly Brokes (15) were in the running to represent Aloquirbe with a song that wasn't yet known, eventhough the song had been revealed. In the end, Aloquirbe was not able to participate, while neighbouring countries, Estogium and Britonisea did end up going. As the 3rd and 4th editions of the Junior World Hit Festival went past, and all of the editions that Aloquirbe missed out on for the Senior World Hit Festival, it looked more and more unlikely that Aloquirbe would ever return to the World Hit Festival, never mind the Junior World Hit Festival. Holly and Kelly, who are now both 18, decided to work with Aloquirbe for this edition of the Junior World Hit Festival as soon as it was revealed that the local broadcaster (ANTba) could participate and wanted to participate. ANTba duly accepted their invitation for help - especially since they did not have their chance to represent the country at the 2nd World Hit Festival and have been waiting for this moment for quite some time now.

Going through a process, ANTba started to look for who would be interested in singing for Aloquirbe. While the nation did open up submissions for the whole country (9 to 15 year olds), ANTba was more focused on upper secondary school students and those who were already involved with music - through music clubs, song writing camps and instrumentalists groups to find their representative that way. With the help of Holly and Kelly, they managed to get ten acts (2 of which were groups) and audition each of them with the song "The Power of Love" to see who would perform it best and with changes. While the song was not originally written for a specific gender, it was up to the act how they wanted to perform the song and each act received help from an industry professional. Over a few weeks, each act practised and improved with the industry professional and this was shown on a show called "A Young Star For Aloquirbe" which was broadcast on ANTba 2 but was available across the Brityunikosphere.

In a live show that was broadcast on ANTba 1 on a Sunday at 6pm, the ten acts had all performed their songs and all their own modifications to it. Out of all of the ten, there were a few favourites - mainly the two groups - but also Jared Zayne based on the tone of his voice and overall confidence when performing - something that not all the students had on the night. Seven of the acts were eliminated thanks to a public vote, leaving the two groups and Jared left to fight it out in the Super Final which was when each act had to perform the song again, but this time they had to sing the final minute of the song to try and impress the judge panel of 13. In the end, Jared Zayne won the competition with eight of the overall votes.

Thus, representing Aloquirbe at the 5th Junior World Hit Festival is Jared Zayne, a fifteen year old male who in a couple of months will turn sixteen. Jared was selected to perform on the show through a song writing camp - where he not only made lyrics and the instrumentals to his songs, but he would also sing it too. Before this competition, he had already released a few songs on YouTube and the very popular music streaming site, Spotify with a couple thousand listens. Perhaps helping him when he had to perform it in front of hundreds more in a studio, Jared's attitude towards performing in front of people is brilliant and drives him to do even better on the stage knowing that there will be an audience watching him.

He will sing the song composed by Holly Gilles, Kelly Brokes in Tushlark, Togonistan hoping that he will do his nation justice at the Junior World Hit Festival. He can't wait to get out there and perform.

Not wearing anything too different from what he was wearing in the picture that is linked at the top, he walked on to the stage holding the microphone tightly in one hand. While he was ready to perform in front of people, he didn't know what to expect. He saw that everybody's eyes were fixated on the postcard that was playing in the background while people scrambled on the stage in and around him. Standing on the top of the stairs, by the main LED stairs, he plotted himself and just waited for when it was his time to perform his song. He took large breaths and made sure that his throat was ready for this performance. Like in the song, he says that he has a mission to go ahead with it - and this was it. The postcard had finished and suddenly lights in the stadium flashed on, inviting the audience to look at Jared and the start of his performance. The titles for Aloquirbe showed up on the screen and faded away; everything was ready for Jared...

Stage lights glis'ning, all the cameras focused on me
Don't believe this, my dream has now finally come true.
All these eyes- I've been singled out by the whole world.
But it's not that bad, I am not on my own.

I feel the love, it's overwhelming
I wish that this feeling never fades
I feel you all praying for me
I...I...I... won't disappoint you now

He stayed standing in the position at the top of the stairs for the majority of that first part, looking towards the camera which was coming closer and closer to him. The LED walls behind were flashing on and off as though they were lights from the audience. The stage wasn't that much lit up, with strobe lights circling around Jared who stood right in the centre of those lights. When singing, he would occasionally look down to the floor - catching his breath - before fixing his eyes back on the camera which was following his every action on the stage. As we got to the final sentence of the pre-chorus, the camera quickly moved backwards to expose the whole of the stage. The whole of the stage then lit up in hues of light blue and dark blue with twinkles in the LED screens behind him. He started to make his way to the stairs and down them as he was singing the first chorus.

I'm a thousand miles from home, I feel it.
And oh yeah I do feel a bit homesick,
But I know in spirit I'm not alone.
I feel the love in my bones,
It's the power of love.

I'm so far from home...
It's the power of love - oh.

By the time he repeated the first chorus, he had reached the main floor of the stage and was singing his final lines of the second chorus facing towards the audience. The camera caught the time when the lights at the top of the stage all lit up in canon continuously throughout the duration of the chorus. After singing "It's the power of love - oh", he smiled to the audience who all cheered for him before turning around and facing the screens behind him. A steadicam was there to greet him, with all of the lights from the audience now behind him. He started to sing, looking in to the camera, circling the steadicam like a planet to it's star but very slowly. The blue that was shown on the LED screens remained on the stage, but the stage itself wasn't as lit up as it was during the chorus.

I look up at a star and I know you see it too.
I guess that makes me feel so secure, although I'm so far from you. (noooo)
Got a mission and I know that I must complete it
If I know you're there, I can do it...I'll do it!
Oh it is the power of love...

As he started singing "I'll do it", he had done a 360 around the steadicam and was now facing his back to the audience again. There was then a wide shot (totally not to give time for the steadicam operator to run off the stage or anything...) of the beautiful stage sparkling in the dark and light hues of blue and with the galaxy of stars created in the auditorium by the people in the audience. Jared ran to the edge of the stage, with it being captured by one of the cameras of the tracks around the stage. The circling lights followed him through to the edge of the stage. The chorus came back, and as soon as it did start, sparkling white cloths were draped over the sides of the stage and being blown from the bottom making it look like such a nice display...

I'm a thousand miles from home, I feel it.
It's the power of love.

I'm so far from home...
It's the power of love - oh.

At the end of the chorus, all the lights on the stage were turned off except for the circle of lights that followed him for most of the performance and these red lights that were under the white cloths that were draped over the sides of the stage. The wind still blew the white cloths and so amongst the blackness behind Jared, you could see the white cloths flying delicately and being slightly lit in red.

Stage lights glis'ning, all the cameras focused on me...hmmm
Don't believe this, my dream has now finally come true.

At the end of the performance, the stage lights were focused on him who was kneeling in the middle of the stage. He looked straight in to the camera that was in front of him before singing the final few lines. As the music stopped playing he then took a bow and was greeted by a large applause from the Togonistanian audience. The smile on his face widened and he waved out to the audience before remembering to bow to them all. "Thank you Tushlark, thank you very much everybody! I hope you liked my song!" Running off of the stage he went to his delegation who was waiting for him in the room. Jared felt as though he had done his nation so proud and he certainly done himself proud. That was the first Aloquirbic performance in such any song contest in such a long time...let's see how well they do in the voting...
Last edited by Togonistan on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:29 pm

After coming last in JESC 2014, Josie was out for revenge. She wanted to show the world that she wasn’t a failiure, and that she can win. So, she decided to write a song that would really connect with children of today, and about something she loves. Dancing.

Josie is a 12 year old singer who will represent 1zmedu at the 5th Junior World Hit Festival. Her song, “Dancing Queen” is about various dances in modern pop culture, such as the “floss”. Dancing is one of her favourite past times and she thought singing about it would be something everyone could connect to.

Dab dab floss floss, fortnite dancing
Watch me whip and nae nae
Gangnam style, orange justice
Cup song, finger dance and the robot

I am the dance queen
Bow before my dance
For my dancing reigns supreme
And I am very cool

I can dance better than you
Let’s dance battle
I am an amazing dancer
I am very cool

I am the dance queen
Bow before my dance
For my dancing reigns supreme
And I am very cool

GamDab dab floss floss, fortnite dancing

Last edited by Togonistan on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Mariella Gomëz is a 13 year old girl from Palmañë, Kalosia. She originally wrote this song for her music class, where her class was learning how to write a song (and yes, it takes more than two steps and doesn't necessarily involve a violin). She received a really good score, and at the recommendation of her music teacher, she submitted it to Radiu-Televižio Kalosia to be considered for the 5th Junior World Hit Festival in Tushlark, Togonistan — this is what would be known as the demo version of her track.

The execs at RTVK loved it, that they decided to just internally select her. They called her over to their studios in Monterra, where she was introduced to a music producer who would work together with her to polish the song and produce the final version of it to be performed in Tushlark. And the result, my friends, is what you are about to here.

Mariella had flown on a plane before, but she had never been abroad. Thus, it was a race against time as she had to both rehearse for her big performance as well as apply for a Kalosian passport. She had to make sure she could 1. get her passport issued and 2. obtain a Togonistani visa in time to leave for Tushlark.

Additionally, the Kalosian delegation had worried that Mariella would experience stage fright. She was used to performing at her school, at church, and other small communities, but in front of a massive audience, in a show televised to millions of people? RTVK decided to debut her entry at Festival dele Melodie Kalosiane, the Kalosian national final for the 41st World Hit Festival. She performed as the interval act. The festival was won by Corpus Calosum with the song Gaja and the rest is history. Mariella's performance went well.

With everything she needed prepared, she and the delegation finally set off to Tushlark.

For the performance, she was wearing a beautiful white dress. She would be joined by 2 backing singers, who are both 15 years old and live in Monterra, where they attend the same music school in addition to their secondary education. These backing singers would mostly be in the background, so it was really just Mariella shining on stage.

As the song started, it was just a spotlight that shone on Mariella. Her voice was a bit shaky, although not too noticeably for most people.
Lë sol a lašatu
E la horlož diše
Kë vena il tempu per dirë adio

Ma rëkordu tudi
Li momenti boni
Kë godevamu insemë

She slowly gained back her confidence and sang well. The lights, white, started kicking in a bit more.
N’oľal mi
Kadë tu senti tristë, ja ti juteru
N’oľal mi
E maj t’oľareru, si, ja prometu

And here came the chorus. She kinda belted out her voice, reflecting the strength of the chorus.
Li venti dël destinu
Andanu a una altra direžio
Në voľu planǧerë
Perki ankorë ja spero
Enkontreremu
Kadë samu meľu, poj
N’oľal mi

Some cheers were heard from the crowd. The camera switched from the wider shots to the closer-ups, reflecting the intimacy of the verse.
N’oľal mi
Kadë tu senti tristë, ja ti juteru
N’oľal mi
E maj t’oľareru, si, ja prometu

The reason why there was not a lot going on was, in fact, because it wasn't a song that needed complex staging. Mariella wanted to let her voice shine and be the main element of the song. But in the chorus, she let it all flow, with a strong voice to reflect the strong feelings she had over her words.
Li venti dël destinu
Në voľu planǧerë
Perki ankorë ja spero
Enkontreremu
Kadë samu meľu, poj

Many things were starting to rush through Mariella's head. She remembered about how she wrote the lyrics to this song, dedicating them to one of her close friends who moved to another city. She was sad, but they could still communicate through the wonders of the internet and modern communication. They had gone through so much together, but they will continue to stay in touch. And to think that what initially started in her personal thoughts had grown to become listened and enjoyed by millions of people across the world? It gave her chills. Heck, it gave me chills. But Mariella wasn't going to get emotional now. At least she wasn't going to try to. She needed to finish what she started. And she sang this final part prouder than ever of what she had accomplished.
Li venti dël destinu
Në voľu planǧerë
Perki ankorë ja spero
Enkontreremu
Kadë samu meľu, poj
N’oľal mi

She kind of got a bit shaky at the end there, but the crowd received it very well. She hoped her friend was watching her, proud of everything she had done. Mariella cupped her hands to her face, hiding away a tear that was about to form, and then faced the audience again, saying, "Thank you Tushlark! Thank you world!" before leaving the stage.
The sun has left
And the clock says
That the time has come to say goodbye

But I remember all
The good moments
That we enjoyed together

Don’t forget me
When you feel sad, I will help you
Don’t forget me
And I’ll never forget you, yes I promise

The winds of destiny
They go in another direction
I don’t want to cry
Because I still hope
We will meet
When we’re better, so
Don’t forget me

Don’t forget me
When you feel sad, I will help you
Don’t forget me
And I’ll never forget you, yes I promise

The winds of destiny
I don’t want to cry
Because I still hope
We will meet
When we’re better, so

The winds of destiny
I don’t want to cry
Because I still hope
We will meet
When we’re better, so
Don’t forget me
Last edited by Togonistan on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:54 am

After the last act of the evening finished their performance, Mareta entered the stage again, smiling as the crowd was still cheering for Kalosian performance. She took a moment to let the crowd calm down, before she started speaking:

''This is it, all fifteen acts of the evening have performed. And you know what this means? That's right, the lines will be open really soon, so get your devices ready, because as soon as the countdown ends, the lines are open. Please, do use this opportunity to give your vote to your favorite artist of the evening, as that is the only way to ensure that they do well in the competition. Now, world, are you ready?''

A loud drum sound is heard on the arena, as big number 10 appears on all the LED screens on the stage.

''It is time for the countdown. Come on, let's do it together!''

Numbers start decreasing, as Mareta counts along with the audience:

''Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one, world! Start voting now! Yes, the lines are open, and they will be open for fifteen minutes, so use your time wisely! Now, while the voting takes place, we have a little surprise for you. I am not sure how many of you have ever been a part of a traditional Togoni tualale? Actually, how many of you even know what the word means?''

A large cheering can be heard from the Togonistani part of the audience, while fans from other nations show mixed reactions.

''Well, you are about to find out soon, as you will all experience being part of a traditional Togonistani party! Come on, let's celebrate!''

Lights tone down a little, as Mareta leaves the stage and a group of children takes her place.

Daniel Makala - ''Celebrate''
Tune: Michael Jackson - ''They Don't Care About Us''

A small group of children, dressed in traditional Togoni outfits, enters the stage. One of them can be heard saying: ''Daniel, you're gonna miss the show.''

Suddenly, a group of four boys start singing, each of them at their own pace:

Everybody come now
It is time to celebrate life
Everybody come now

Then, lights turn into reddish orange, representing a sunset. Daniel Makala can be seen entering the stage, along with eight male drummers, all dressed in traditional outfits. Daniel is walking in the middle, with four drummers on the either side of him. Eventually, drummers take their places on the either side of the stage, while Daniel stands in the middle, clapping his hands above his head. Drummers start playing their instruments, as one of the children says

Daniel, I thought you'd never show up

Daniel shakes his head, smiles and keeps clapping his hands, as the small group of children joins him. They clap their hands for a while, until Daniel starts singing.

Izmedu, Llalta
All the way to Hlhata
Adab, Darkmania
Mercedini
Join us here, time to party
Estogium, Adab
South Batoko
Everybody join us

Everybody come now
Everybody come now

Daniel and the children start doing some dance moves, as more people enter the stage and join them.

Darkmania
Tödlichebujoku
Vartugia is here
Along with Kalosia
Aloquirbe is
Ready for the party
Fromulya
Even Onezmedu

Everybody come now
Everybody come now

Daniel separates from the group for a moment, smiling at the audience and doing some flirty facial expressions at the camera.

Let your problems fly away
Join us and forget them through party
Be a youngster or fully grown up
Festival is meant for everyone
Meet me up in Tushlark, Togonistan
So don't you think no further, join me

The group of people on the stage start forming a circle around Daniel, while dancing at the same time.

Izmedu, Llalta
All the way to Hlhata
Adab, Darkmania
Mercedini
Join us here, time to party
Estogium, Adab
South Batoko
Everybody join us

Everybody come now
Everybody come now

Suddenly, Daniel lets out a loud chant

[Chant]

After this, everyone in the group starts running their own way. The whole pictures goes more chaotic, as the people of all ages run around the stage chaotically, doing dance moves every once in a while.

From the shores of Darkmania
From the beaches of Mercedini
And the houses in central Estogium
Everyone tonight are meeting up
Meet me up in Tushlark, Togonistan
So don't you think no further, join me

Two adult males, both of them carrying two wooden stick on fire, enter the stage and start performing a traditional fire dance in the middle of the crowd.

Darkmania
Tödlichebujoku
Vartugia is here
Along with Kalosia
Aloquirbe is
Ready for the party
Fromulya
Even Onezmedu

Everybody come now
Everybody come now

A puff of smoke appears on the stage, with two more fire dancers jumping out. They run past Daniel, furiously spinning their flaming sticks.

Fire dancers leave the stage, letting Daniel step forward again.

Darkmania
Tödlichebujoku
Vartugia is here
Along with Kalosia
Aloquirbe is
Ready for the party
Fromulya
Even Onezmedu

Eventually, the group forms into a pack again, as they all stand behind Daniel waving their hands and synchronizing their moves with him.

Everybody come now
Everybody come now

Everybody come now
Everybody come now

Everybody come now

Daniel as well as the people behind him raise their left fist up, with a smile on their faces. Audience starts cheering, as the performers take a bow.
Last edited by Togonistan on Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:03 am

[placeholder for interviews]

Mareta is standing on the stage again, smiling as drumroll starts playing in the back.

''This is it! Last ten seconds left to vote! If you haven't done so already, hurry up! Five! Four! Three! Two! One! Time's up!''

Crowd starts cheering as fireworks turn on at the stage edges, bursting some sparks into the air.

''While our experts do some calculations to make sure the voting went as planned, we are going to have a few words with this evening's main man, our artistic producer Mr. Eli Tauatofua. He is the person behind this evening's interval acts as well as the general idea. Good evening Eli, have you enjoyed the show so far?''

Mareta takes a few steps to the side, where Eli has quietly entered the stage. Eli chuckles, before answering.

''Well, yeah, actually I'm glad it has been going so smoothly. Everything has been going just the way it was planned, every act has made it on stage in time. I really love it. It is nice to see your creation some to life.''

Mareta nods as Eli talks, before asking another question.

''Is there a personal favorite of yours? Or, do you have any idea who might win tonight?''

''Honestly, I have no idea whatsoever. I also can't say that I have any particular favorites tonight, they all are wonderful and bold artists, who expressed themselves to the maximum. All I can say is, we just have to wait and see.''

Mareta nods again with a smile on her face, before turning towards the audience again.

''Well, I have just received a confirmation that we have the results, and we can start with revealing how nations voted. We shall call each nations representative, who will announce the nation who received the highest amount of points from them. After that, all the points from one to five will be displayed on a graphical scoreboard, before we add them to the nations total score. Sounds difficult? Well, don't worry, you will get the point as soon as we start. So... let's start, shall we? First nation to vote is Vartugia. Good evening Vartugia, may we have your points please?''
Last edited by Togonistan on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:11 am

1/15 Vartugia

Vulie Jega: (Holding a megaphone): "GOOD MORING. WE RE VOTE. WE ARE KNOW OF WIN. 5 POINTS TO..... DARKY!"

Mareta: ''Erm... excuse me, could you please repeat?''

Vulie Jega: "JEGAGATE!!!"

Mareta: ''Er... hehe, okay, but your points, please?''

Vulie Jega: ''STOP WITH THE FU__''

Transaction cuts out.

Mareta: ''Well, looks like Vartugia is facing some technical issues right now. However, we have received the results and we can confirm that Vartugian five points went to... The Hlhata States!''

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:18 am

2/15 Fromulya

Mareta: ''Well, we are moving on. Second nation in the list is Fromulya. Hello Situ, may we have Fromulyan five points please?''

Kak Situ: ''Good evening Mareta. I can tell you that five points from Fromulya went to... Adab!''

Last edited by Togonistan on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:22 am

3/15 Izmedu

Mareta: ''Next up is Izmedu. Good evening Melanija.''

Melanija Duvnjak: ''Dobra vecer Togonistan! Good evening Tushlark and to the Junior World Hit Festival. You have been such wonderful hosts. The organization, production, everything. It was a blast to watch!''

Mareta: ''Oh thank you very much! Can you please tell us who Izmeduans voted for the most?''

Melanija Duvnjak: ''Alright, time for the Izmeduan votes. Our five points went to... Aloquirbe!''

Last edited by Togonistan on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:25 am

4/15 Estogium

Mareta: ''We're moving on to fourth nation in our list. Good evening Estogium and Ellie Morgent.''

Ellie Morgent: "Hello everybody! This is Darlington calling at our 4th ever World Hit Festival! Here are the votes of our televote! Five points from Estogium went to... South Batoko!"

Mareta: ''Thank you, Ellie.''

Ellie Morgent: ''Thanks! Have a fantastic show, I can't wait to see the winner of the show!"

Last edited by Togonistan on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates