NATION

PASSWORD

Better Business Bureau [Feedback & Advice]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Common Territories » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:15 am

Jitcaep Sep wrote:I want to create a storefront for a company that produces computer chips, which will be used for Business-2-Business sales to both retailers and device manufacturers. How do I do this without confusing people with technical specifications?

Detail, detail, detail, and some proper organization. Even if you need to dumb down in some areas, people truly interested in a product want to read a neat description of the product they're interested in. A good example in the field, or close to it I guess, for you to look at as a proper example is this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=447477

There is proper organization, apt descriptions, and helpful content for players with less than perfect expertise in the subject.

Jitcaep Sep
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jitcaep Sep » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:16 pm

Common Territories wrote:
Jitcaep Sep wrote:I want to create a storefront for a company that produces computer chips, which will be used for Business-2-Business sales to both retailers and device manufacturers. How do I do this without confusing people with technical specifications?

Detail, detail, detail, and some proper organization. Even if you need to dumb down in some areas, people truly interested in a product want to read a neat description of the product they're interested in. A good example in the field, or close to it I guess, for you to look at as a proper example is this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=447477

There is proper organization, apt descriptions, and helpful content for players with less than perfect expertise in the subject.

Thank you!

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:26 pm

I would like some feedback for my new storefront. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=449576#p34604646
Cricket Rankings
  • Test Cricket: 11th (out of 12)
  • ODI: 25th (out of 48)
  • T20I: 12th (out of 39)
Cricket Stats

Updated on 28 February, 2021 (15:51 NZT)
Sarvatra Vijay (Victory Everywhere)
Pratapgadh Domestic Sportswire

CPA
Attaché

Founded: Aug 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

is this ok

Postby CPA » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:08 am

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:39 am

CPA wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=450212#p34650847

Yes. It's perfectly fine. But it's boring. The Yohannesian government (and the "big four" political parties in my nation; link @Reichstag Parliamentary Debates @my signature for more inforamtion) want to purchase the freedom of more CPA fictional slaves, but at the moment... there's not much we can see... you know? There's no fictional background as to how they becme fictional slaves - where's the story? Tell us the story of how they becom slaves.

There's no background as to what kind of agency is this slavery exporter in your nation - government organisation? Quangos (informal government sponsored organisations)? Commissions? State owned enterprises (government owned or supported companies)? I want my government to purchase the freedom (and free) more of your fictional slaves, but at the moment I'm not feeling it - there's no story for me to be immersed in when I see your thread

As you can see I make a lot of typos and writing errrors here. Don't worry about writing wrong things. Write write write as a (possible) participant in your thread I want to feel like I am participapating in something (a story)

and this too: viewtopic.php?p=34566731#p34566731 (Common Territories is one of the experienced players here if u telegram him I'm sure he'll want to help u out)

Closing this post - thank you for posting here :) talk to u later!
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:25 am

CPA wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=450212#p34650847

As said the more detail and story flesh you can put on the bones the better.

However the question is really how much effort is worth putting in for this kind of storefront?

Do you intend for it to be a long term part of your nation's story through which you want to establish relationships (both good and bad in character) and actual story progression or are you looking for a short term attention grabber that you will drop as soon as in the inevitable condemnations and declarations of war roll in?
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Valkea
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Valkea » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:33 pm

Pratapgadh wrote:I would like some feedback for my new storefront. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=449576#p34604646

Looks like you got the basics down nicely. However, I feel there are certain things that need to be improved on:

• The image of the airport on the top of your OP should be centered with the banner.
  • More descriptions have to be added to make it look like you've put thought into your storefront, such as the airport's history, services, terminal descriptions, etc. You can never go wrong with more descriptions.
  • Unless there are perpetual traffic jams around your airport, lower the number of taxis by a significant margin. A short description of each taxi model would be a good addition imo.

Any other issues are more aesthetically related than actually helpful, so experiment with different formatting styles to make your storefront stand out! :)
V A L K E A NT A S A V A L T AI K U I E S E S T IV A L K E A !

AstyF1: 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023
Look at me, I'm the main nation now.

Neo Azati
Attaché

Founded: Sep 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Azati » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:56 am

Hey I decided to try opening a medical supply storefront and was wondering if I did okay. I tried to make it interesting and follow the science reasonably closely, but had to kinda fudge some of it to make it work. Feedback is definitely appreciated!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=450491
Here, queer, and plotting a scheme of slow geopolitical domination.
she/her, they/them, or ze/hir (any of these are fine)
Way too obsessed with my fictional country's fictional language, Asàiti. Bannachtaian bhiỻ a dhuil!

Varrosha
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Blue Nebula Interplanetary Aid Foundation

Postby Varrosha » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:36 pm

I'm the founder of a "region" with a closed economy, meaning we only trade between ourselves within our sci-fi setting. But in an effort to connect with the larger NS community, I was considering setting up an Aid Foundation in GE&T. Nations within the region would donate products and money to the foundation (the money would be used to buy further products from said nations, as money in Empyrean has tangible value). These products would then be given out to the NS community as a whole, via Aid Requests on a first come, first served basis. Roleplay-wise inside Empyrean, this would simply be seen as spreading aid amongst the galactic fringes of society.

For example is Nation A donates 100,000 tons of food, we would ration that out based on outstanding Aid Requests from NS nations. In this manner Empyrean's community can be a source of RP and support for the larger NS community.

My questions are whether this sounds like something that has a place here in GE&T and whether it'd work.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:08 pm

Hi Varrosha yes Global Economics and Trade is just the right sub forum for your thread!

Ed: that being siad you can also create the thread in the NationStates or International Incidents sub forums — posting in the International Incidents sub forum especially will result in your thread getting more views from more NationStates players (including players who don't usually browse the National and International Roleplaying section of the NationStates forum)!
Last edited by Yohannes on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:52 pm

Neo Azati wrote:Hey I decided to try opening a medical supply storefront and was wondering if I did okay. I tried to make it interesting and follow the science reasonably closely, but had to kinda fudge some of it to make it work. Feedback is definitely appreciated!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=450491

You certainly have the knowledge there. What I think you might need, much as I cringe to say it, is more glitz. Images would definitely help and a bit more work on the formatting. BB code can actually do wonders if you use it in the right spots. The content is always the most important part, and you do have that down. Everything else is really just window dressing, but in order to have people want to RP on your storefront, which is pretty niche, you need to be creative in catching their eye.

Next, you might want to consider making it a bit more interactive. Make room for partnerships, not just with other directly related companies like hospitals and health care networks, but also indirectly related companies like distribution, insurance, foreign government agencies and NGOs, etc. Along with this, you would need coded application forms that people could copy and paste into a post, along with, hopefully, an IC letter from your future clients and partners.

Also, consider making room for a company news section. That section might feature internal corporate news, but also where and how your products are being used by clients.

Lastly, it's a bit too late now, but think about next time you make a storefront - reserving posts right after the OP so that you can divide up the above mentioned suggested sections for easy navigation by visitors to your storefront.

EDIT: I have made some edits to the above text.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Indusse
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Indusse » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:55 pm

I would like to have someone to create a logo for me
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

Resume
Issue Author: #1428
IAC 13 Champions

Arthropol
Minister

Founded: May 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthropol » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:59 pm

Indusse wrote:I would like to have someone to create a logo for me

If you want to have a logo, there’s a nice thread here to request a logo. I would recommend asking there if you have details on what you want it to look like.
URL: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418198
Last edited by Arthropol on Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingdom of Arthropol - Royaume d'Arthropol
———————————————————————————
Capital: Arthropol City
Language: French
Population: 72 million
Economic: centre-left
Social: moderate
Nationality: Australian
Sex: Male
Economic: fairly left-wing
Social: moderately authoritarian
Not really active on NS forums anymore, still posts once in a while on F&NI and F7. IC views do not represent my real political views. NS stats not used.

Third Asopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Asopia » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:34 pm

I was just wondering, maybe I could create a storefront for a pop singer. So basically, there is the singer's history, list of songs and tours. There will be apps for sponsorship, collaboration and tours. Advice is required. Duh. Thanks.
:) will make your day.
Presenting my signature signature!
Procrastination... is the art of knowing you have a job to do but know there's like a year till it's due. It's elemental for the Asopin soul to survive in such a slow-paced world.
Bored of having to see Juventus winning the Schudetto too many times? Can wait to see that match where Ronaldo didn’t shoot at all? Tired of seeing Napoli fight for first place when there’s no point? Oh boy, you’ve found a new friend.

I got Theo Theodoridis as my flag model. Showing my love for Greece!

Valkea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkea » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:22 am

Third Asopia wrote:I was just wondering, maybe I could create a storefront for a pop singer. So basically, there is the singer's history, list of songs and tours. There will be apps for sponsorship, collaboration and tours. Advice is required. Duh. Thanks.

Interesting. Personally I have no idea how a storefront focused on a pop artist may actually work or if such storefronts actually belong in GE&T, but opportunities abound.

However, the basics for creating a storefront still apply. Give us informative and interactive content for us to use (the applications for different business deals are a good start), be creative in your formatting, and most importantly, organize your content in a way that's easy for the reader to view.

My personal suggestions include news updates of the pop artist's whereabouts, tour dates, recent events, etc., dividing your OP into multiple posts mainly to reserve for sections you might want to add in the future, and perhaps an in-storefront "online store" of sorts where RPers can buy albums, merch, concert tickets, and other things.

Hope that helps!

Third Asopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Third Asopia » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:15 am

Valkea wrote:
Third Asopia wrote:I was just wondering, maybe I could create a storefront for a pop singer. So basically, there is the singer's history, list of songs and tours. There will be apps for sponsorship, collaboration and tours. Advice is required. Duh. Thanks.

Interesting. Personally I have no idea how a storefront focused on a pop artist may actually work or if such storefronts actually belong in GE&T, but opportunities abound.

However, the basics for creating a storefront still apply. Give us informative and interactive content for us to use (the applications for different business deals are a good start), be creative in your formatting, and most importantly, organize your content in a way that's easy for the reader to view.

My personal suggestions include news updates of the pop artist's whereabouts, tour dates, recent events, etc., dividing your OP into multiple posts mainly to reserve for sections you might want to add in the future, and perhaps an in-storefront "online store" of sorts where RPers can buy albums, merch, concert tickets, and other things.

Hope that helps!

Ah! That does help! Thanks! Arigato!
Procrastination... is the art of knowing you have a job to do but know there's like a year till it's due. It's elemental for the Asopin soul to survive in such a slow-paced world.
Bored of having to see Juventus winning the Schudetto too many times? Can wait to see that match where Ronaldo didn’t shoot at all? Tired of seeing Napoli fight for first place when there’s no point? Oh boy, you’ve found a new friend.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:03 am

Here's a rock band reunion tour that was done by a friend of mine. There's an iiwiki out there of Velociraptor Rex that is more indepth. I would say basically this is a good template, but you could certainly do much more than this example. Maybe make it informative about the artist, like a wiki article, with the discography, but embellish and make it interactive by letting people book your pop singer/artist for tours in their nation, or for special events, festivals, etc. Maybe also look at licensing and merchandising of the pop singer, music, and associated swag, by allowing others to apply to bring in certain items into their nation, or put the singer's music on their radio stations, or record stores or streaming sites to apply to carry the music in their store or on their platform (iStudio is a good one). There are a lot of different directions you can go with an entertainer, and I encourage you to try to incorporate as much as you can into your storefront to make it the best interactive experience possible.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Third Asopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Third Asopia » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:07 am

Neu Engollon wrote:

Here's a rock band reunion tour that was done by a friend of mine. There's an iiwiki out there of Velociraptor Rex that is more indepth. I would say basically this is a good template, but you could certainly do much more than this example. Maybe make it informative about the artist, like a wiki article, with the discography, but embellish and make it interactive by letting people book your pop singer/artist for tours in their nation, or for special events, festivals, etc. Maybe also look at licensing and merchandising of the pop singer, music, and associated swag, by allowing others to apply to bring in certain items into their nation, or put the singer's music on their radio stations, or record stores or streaming sites to apply to carry the music in their store or on their platform (iStudio is a good one). There are a lot of different directions you can go with an entertainer, and I encourage you to try to incorporate as much as you can into your storefront to make it the best interactive experience possible.

En! Thanks!

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:07 am

Third Asopia wrote:En! Thanks!

Sure! I realize Saltbridge has CTE'd, but they have resurrected that nation before, and may do so again soon.
My Factbook

Crazybloxian Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Crazybloxian Empire » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:13 am

How do I attract people to my storefront?
Crazybloxian Empire

Valkea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkea » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:43 am

Crazybloxian Empire wrote:How do I attract people to my storefront?

Based on my experience, sleazy graphics, fancy pictures, and lots of interactive content.

Crazybloxian Empire
Diplomat

Libertarian Police State

Postby Crazybloxian Empire » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:35 am

Valkea wrote:
Crazybloxian Empire wrote:How do I attract people to my storefront?

Based on my experience, sleazy graphics, fancy pictures, and lots of interactive content.

Will this picture attract any buyers?
Crazybloxian Empire

Valkea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkea » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:18 am

Crazybloxian Empire wrote:
Valkea wrote:Based on my experience, sleazy graphics, fancy pictures, and lots of interactive content.

No, no it won't.

You don't need to put "Copyright" watermarks on your image. Just leave it as it is. If you're going to make this as an exhibit of your tank's parts then you don't need that.

Crazybloxian Empire
Diplomat

Libertarian Police State

Postby Crazybloxian Empire » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:45 am

Valkea wrote:
Crazybloxian Empire wrote:Will this picture attract any buyers?
(Image)

No, no it won't.

You don't need to put "Copyright" watermarks on your image. Just leave it as it is. If you're going to make this as an exhibit of your tank's parts then you don't need that.

As you know, I’m on a phone, and that’s the best thing my phone can create. Mind making an improved version? I’ll keep the watermarks.

I cannot access Paint.net as I don’t have a PC at all.
Last edited by Crazybloxian Empire on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crazybloxian Empire

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:22 am

Crazybloxian Empire wrote:
Valkea wrote:Based on my experience, sleazy graphics, fancy pictures, and lots of interactive content.

I love it!

Graphics and images help, but I'm in a similar boat where my image creating ability isn't anything...um, spectacular in the conventionally accepted sense. In such cases, you should make an effort to compensate with more description. Not needless volumes of text filler, but rather pointed, concise, descriptors with necessary details your customers might be able to utilize. For instance, with an armored vehicle, as it seems like what that is, you might want to have what is popularly called a 'specs sheet'. Details of a specs sheet for vehicles and aircraft tend to include, but are not limited to: Protection/security (armor), crew capacity, power plant (engine), armaments, weight, speed, systems, livery, variants, manufacturer, designer, current users, conflicts and events where the model has seen action.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Factbook

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade