NATION

PASSWORD

Cup of Harmony 73 - Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:43 pm

OOC: This roleplay is presented with apologies to Plato, Geoffrey Chaucer, Immanuel Kant, and John McClane.
Live Everfree and Die Hard
Chapter 3: Caving Into The End
Past episodes: Take The Brown Pill (technically part of Forays of Folly), A Sheep Awakens, Meanwhile, in Cassadaigua...?

"As is clear as night and day - just look at our flag, after all," elaborated the pony, "the way to get out is not to do nothing. Actions are key, although some place their consequences first and foremost."
"Hmmm... something something philosophy deontology teleology something?" inquired Atherton.
"Indeed we might paint this picture. You and I both, to horrendously paraphrase the lessons I learned all those years ago, are stranded here in wilful ignorance, lamentably, almost to the point of what your average pony down the street would call brain rot."
"What is one to do when we are just playing meaningless guessing games that count for little more than backpatting? How can the truth blind us when it is everywhere?"
"When you have been taken away from it, captivated by the hypothetical and superficial, for much too long, of course. Best to do wholesome activities you enjoy, like..."
"Hmmm... is the answer still going to be philosophy?"
"Ah, yes, that and perhaps a good game of football! Of course, we shan't talk about the love of wisdom here without thinking about the six Elements of Harmony. As it says in the Lonely Multiverse guide they've pinned up on the wall: Honesty, laughter, generosity, kindness, loyalty, and magic. You see, I've remembered it by now. We put these principles out in everything we do beyond these four walls, and indeed in what I am doing right now in helping you see through the mess that is our silly little erzatz-world."
"And 'tis my job to escape it and spread those values to free the chains of the overtly ignorant?"
"Again, it is, let us say, evident. This, as my teacher told me, could also be used to justify the rule of the strong over the weak. We call this autocracy, if you didn't pay much attention during Relations, which obviously isn't the case. Don't worry, I won't kill you if and when we ret---"
"YIPPIE-KI-YAY, MOTHERFUCKERS!" blared Atherton as she valiantly... attempted to boot down the seemingly impenetrable door.

ↂ ↂ ↂ ↂ ↂ

The pony was not lethargic in following her; at least, it would not have been had the now-unhinged door landed on solid terra firma as opposed to an obscure beartrap. "What's this then, Sir Pony? Or Madam Pony, or whoever you happen to be."
Upon shaking its head, it noted that "We are here making the dreadful ascent up the terrorising plane of philosophy. You may not realise it, but that beartrap was trying to get you to think about the consequences of your actions. A more sensible Julia Atherton would have been out for the final with a few broken bones!"
"Thank Maggie I'm not, then... right?"
"Not necessarily. We have several other obstacles here, all deliberately placed to make you challenge your reasoning, your thought processes - which has always been considered to be your soul by the truly enlightened amongst us, where or not they feel it ends there or carries on with contemplation of better things after your body collapses into death, just like it would have done in Concord Heights."
"That has got to hurt! Say, is there anything in this room that could perhaps fool my senses, if empiricism was never the dominant ideology here in the first place? You did say you could not tell a lie a few minutes ago..."
The pony clicked its hooves and pointed to the noticeboard, where the following question appeared:
TINHAMPTON CERTIFICATE - MATHS PAPER 2*, QUESTION 12, 2012
*twelve out of one-hundred fifty marks

5This question is about finding roots to polynomials, and is worth TWELVE marks in total.
Lydia is an accountant working for a major company in Tinhampton that projects to make a profit this year. She wishes to calculate the company's profit in millions of Tinhamptonian Dollars using the formula
3x4 - 7x3 + 2x2 - 17x
[6 marks]
a. One of the values of x is 0. Calculate the three other values of x, and hence identify the company's projected profit margin.
[6 marks]
b. In fact, the company will not make a profit this year. Suggest a revision to Lydia's formula, and hence identify the company's projected loss.

END PAPER
© 2012 the Tinhamptonian Ministry of Education. All rights reserved.
To ensure a fair examination to everybody, you may find our sources online at certificate.gov.ti/moreinfo/sources/2012 from the 1st of July 2012 onwards.

"Hey, that's a totally different equation than what you told me it was! Yet everything else is copied verbatim..."
"Yes, it is. I did tell you that I always told the truth. Yes, look up there on the board? 'HONESTY...' so on, so forth, those are the core values I was talking about! We have magic over here, as you have seen, which does have the mere potential to do so, even if it is understandably not supposed to. Besides, that was a lesson to tell you to question everything, myself included."
"Perhaps what we see ahead of us is a mere fabrication?"
"The path to the real world is sweet and sound..."
"...But alas! That wide path shall never be found. In Defence of Right Reason, Aiden Thornton, 1985. Tinhampton's greatest - perhaps its only great - poet---"
"As for that nation simulation game that Chancellor Ibrahimovic of the Alpine Union was gabbing on about," deflected the pony, "I recall somebody saying 'many small make a great' in a post about seven-hundred years ago or thereabouts. Might have been a papyrus scroll, now I think about it! Anyway, do you know any minor poets from Tinhampton?"
"Julia Atherton wrote one fifteen years ago about how much she loved Mommy and Daddy?"
"Ah, yes... now let me magic the spell thingy up..... a-ha! Must have been Tin City Poets Jr. 2005-06, wasn't it?" gawked the pony. "The one for those pupils in eighth-grade, often in higher sets of English, hence Vox Antipopuli's now-infamous - and also much cliched - 'in case you dropped out after Grade 7' jive that same year?"
"Oooh, yes, that one," nodded Atherton. "I think about ten other of our footballers must have been there, Peter North and Louise Gregory - as she was known at the time - for Poets Jr. three---wait, no, four years prior?"
"It would be safe to assume that those marvellous bastards who wound up in the Tinhampton team that you happen to skipper are indeed many small that make the great I have been informed of. Now, looks like... a useless beartrap, several trapdoors that don't work, a few drawing pins and electric buses are hardly going to be our arch-enemies here, aren't they?"

ↈ ↈ ↈ ↈ ↈ

Meanwhile, our resident pony was by now leading Atherton out of the undescribable haven that was Everfree - both of them, all the while, contemplating the sun, the moon, Celestia and Luna, the Elements of Harmony, the magic of friendship and the friendship of magic, and all of their marbled reflections - and into the dark, dastardly, dense, wooden badlands which bore the same name as the city.
This was supposed to be a land of danger, the ultimate dog-eat-dog-eat-dog-eat-dog world made flesh, with additional de-emphasis on sensibility to boot. But wait a minute - what's this? A dragon, a unicorn and a human sleeping together in the selfsame field?
"Welcome, my biped friend, to the kingdom of ends."
"The what what what what what?"
"It's easy to get confused when you don't spend hours every day thinking about the possibility of... you understand my train of thought, yes? I do appreciate how your mind works, so to speak! Anyway, you are in the future. You are not exactly in the future as such, but you are in, let us just say a future, one in which every last sentient creature keeps to the law."
"The law of ponies?"
"The moral law. The first section of this law, foremost, dictates that you - that y'all - must only adhere to such a law that every fucker can keep track with; whether they be me over here, you over there, Simeone di Bradini, Estrella Hawke, one of the Holy Empire's Fluffy Bunnies, whoever manages Eura right now, or just whoever.
"For instance...?"
"For instance, if it were made a universal law to help everybody - which it virtually is over here - we would all help each other and the world would be a happier, sunnier, ends-ier place. If it were made a universal law to slap anybody you disagree with, as Miss Atherton over here can testify, not only would there be a lot of broken cheekbones, but quite a fair few pissed-off philosophers as well! That nonsensical maxim would nuke itself to kingdom come!"
"And what comes out of this?"
"First of all, do not treat your fellow pony as an isolated means, only thereof to an end, given how reason itself is its own end. Uphold this and that and you get a certain kingdom in space and time which is meant to be hypothetical, but which I likewise pre-magicked up for you before you cropped up in the WC back in Everfree, and in which both of us in addition to the rest of the thinking multiverse is a legislator. Do you have a price, or do you have a dignity?"
To this, Atherton shrugged once again.
"If the former, you can be replaced. If the latter, then nuh-uh! You are... let's just say a living, reasoning creature, we don't want to upset anybody over here, and because of those two values, you are dignified, hence why you can't just treat me or Dave down the pub or even Celestia and Luna as a means alone - you cannot use me for your own pleasure whilst at once abusing me, which is why there are laws against the most egregrious crimes known to society."
"Drinking orange juice?"
"The Gregists have long been overthrown, my friend, don't you know? Anyway, as we are all born innately dignified, we cannot use them for our own means, put laconically. Treating everybody with universal hatred, let alone going on the fully-blown trail of blood like the Lord Almighty Gregory and Natella Kalinina did, is not just possible but has occured in the everyday world, although we as legislators in this kingdom of ends must therefore act rationally, respect universal dignity, disregard nasty people, acquire universal laws - ooo-er, I think I might be going a bit heavy on the Accelafeed there. Generally, just be kind and awesome, like your average Equestrian. And with that, ironically, marks my end to this conversation with you."
"Ta-ta, whoever. Mind if I tag along like I've been doing all this time?"
"No, I insist, I'll be happy to walk alone. Give it another day and a half or so, however, and you'll be back in Canterlot safe and sound. Don't worry!" clarified the pony, still as mysterious as when Atherton first noticed her in the toilet block. Not that she had any regrets, that said...

EPILOGUE
"Honest to God, Rachel - I mean, I only spent a couple of minutes talking to that pony!"

to recap, according to the categorical imperative, human beings can only ever be used as the means in conjunction with THE END and never as a means only
Last edited by Tinhampton on Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Qusmo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Qusmo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:54 pm

Obviously, several NSers are mentioned here. Regardless of what my character thinks ICly, in reality, I have nothing but respect for all who are.

I’ve tried to write RPs from as many styles & perspectives as I can this cycle. Fuzpon Qusma, Rilan-Jerat Nev, Cralt-Nirlo Fox, “Expectations”, Blip kujz Evarty Qanza, Spon Qusma Magazine-Digest, Spony Luq Television, Sig Figs, &, of course, this, back by the fact that I’m eliminated yet still have a third place match to play popular demand. I had committed myself to writing a much more serious RP had I gotten to the final, but this stuck out to me as a good option after the loss. So, here goes. To anyone who has read my work this cycle, to all the hosts, to all my opponents, & to the people who have encouraged me, thank you for a great time; I hope you have enjoyed my work as much as I’ve enjoyed the cycle.

A Blog

Title

I have seen Her. I have seen Her in all Her resplendent beauty & all Her unflinching cruelty. You ask who it could be. But deep down, in your heart, you know. Who could it be but Her?

I have seen Margaret.

I was taking my daily (time frame) sleep when, all of a sudden, I dreamed that I was in a beautiful place. It was filled with white pillars of marble & pillows of cloud, with glorious golden gates reaching high into the sky, as far as the eye could see, & a big, beautiful door in the middle of that wall to allow passage to only a select few.

“Huh. Looks like the apocalypse bunker didn’t work,” I murmured. “Too bad, that.”

“Apocalypse bunker? What? No, there wasn’t an apocalypse. Are you out of your motherfudging mind? C’mon, give me a break,” a voice commanded.

“Oh, okay,” I replied. “I guess we’re in Cloudsdale, then. Funny; Qusmo’s not played there yet.”

“Exactly how fudging thick are you, man?” the voice asked. “Oh, shizzle, I forgot y’all don’t have gender. Sorry ‘bout that. I’m not prejudiced or anything. I’m really not. It’s just a cultural difference, & how I live in a gendered society, & that frames my linguistic point of reference, & -”

“What?”

“YOU ARE A FUDGING IDIOT,” was the reply.

“Fudging? Are you saying I make delicious chocolate, melt-in-your-mouth confections? I’m flattered,” I gushed.

“NO. & SHUT THE HECK UP,” hollered the voice.

“Oh, okay,” I complied. “Then where am I?”

“We are in a vast, mythical land which has existed since the dawn of time & will continue to exist forevermore, subsisting on the aura of the most powerful deities in the Multiverse,” the voice answered. “Only the most worthy are permitted to enter. You made it because… well, Margaret knows why.”

“So, kind of like an Eternal Holy Empire?” I asked.

“Sure, whatever.”

“But aren’t you Margaret?” I wondered.

“Why, yes, I am.”

“But you just said ‘Margaret knows why,’” I responded, quizzically.

“Yeah; pretty good joke, innit?”

“No, it isn’t. Referring to yourself in the third person is just weird,” I informed Her.

“Okay, you really need to learn how to shut up.”

“Why does this place exist, anyways? & how is it protected? & what happens here?” I asked.

“Finally, a halfway decent question,” She sighed, relieved. “At the Beginning, when the Multiverse was first created, all was calm, & peaceful, & tranquil -”

“So, kind of Pacific?” I interjected.

“Sure, whatever. Anyways, then, the first star was born. & some of the finest warriors in the Multiverse - a group of gnomes who banded together to establish a united defense -”

“So, kind of like an Elven Security Force?” I asked.

“Sure, whatever. Anyways, with their united power, they were able to harness the power of this star & forge it into a scimitar of absolute -”

“So, kind of like a Star Blade?” I inquired.

“Sure, whatever. Anyways, the -”

“Actually, no, you’re boring,” I informed Her. “What do those people over there do?”

“Don’t point at strangers; it’s not nice,” She scolded me. “But those are a cursed people, destined to live out their days as servants, who play the harp & the flute for the enjoyment of all who -”

“So, kind of like Audio Slaves?” I offered.

“Sure, whatever. Anyways, -”

“No, no, I don’t care,” I assured Her.

“I swear to Margaret, I’m trying to help you. I’m trying to lead you to a better path. I’m trying to give you a chance to see the Light of Truth & to realize a path for yourself that is brighter than the one you now follow. I am trying to light a blaze inside your spirit that will -”

“So, kind of like -” I started.

“I DON’T GIVE A DANG WHAT IT’S KIND OF LIKE,” She bellowed. “JUST SHUT THE FUDGE UP ON YOUR BLOG, OKAY?”

“No, I’m not going to do that. No government conspiracy can silence me!” I insisted.

“WHAT THE FUDGE? ARE YOU REALLY THAT FUDGING DUMB? WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO, MAKE AUDIOSLAVIA WIN A WORLD CUP FINAL? HERE, I’LL DO IT TWICE FOR GOOD MEASURE.”

“No,” I whispered. “I want you to make the truly impossible happen. You can prove to me that you truly are Margaret if you can make Qusmo lose to Omerica.”

She gasped & looked agape at me, stumbling backwards as if I had landed a punch. “No… no…” she repeated, over & over again, clearly in a state of shock. “There are some things that not even I can do.” She took a minute to regather & compose Herself. “If you wish to leave, you may.”

I nodded, & all of a sudden, I woke up with a start. I had been in bed for one hundred seventy-eight minutes. I had overslept.

All this made me convinced of one thing: What I have been revealing to you for all this time has been TRUE, & people are trying to SILENCE ME for telling YOU the TRUTH!

I have [https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=34581765#p34581765]TOLD YOU[/url] that QUSMO is capable of WINNING tournaments! & LOOK - Qusmo WON EVERY SINGLE MATCH IT PLAYED in the Cup of Harmony! EVERY SINGLE ONE! THAT MUST BE SOME SORT OF RECORD!

Until the SEMIFINAL! & GUESS WHAT? I have TOLD YOU that Qusmo CANNOT WIN when it plays in WHITE! & GUESS WHAT QUSMO WORE TO THE SEMIFINAL? IF YOU GUESSED RED & GOLD, YOU’RE WRONG, BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT JUVENCUS WORE, & IF YOU GUESSED BLACK, YOU’RE WRONG, BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT OUR GOALKEPER WORE, & IF YOU GUESSED BRIGHT GREEN, YOU’RE WRONG, BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT THE REFEREE WORE, & IF YOU GUESSED FUSCHIA, YOU’RE JUST WRONG FOR BEING WRONG. It was WHITE! & GUESS WHAT? THEY LOST!

& NOW THIS DREAM MAKES IT CLEAR THAT SOME GOVERNMENT IS TRYING TO SILENCE ME, OR EVEN KILL ME - JUST LIKE I TOLD YOU BEFORE. BUT THEY WILL NOT SILENCE ME. THEY WILL NEVER SILENCE ME.

What I have to say is more important now than ever.

Qusmo has now played 56 matches in red & gold. They have won 26 of those matches, drawn 11, & lost 19. That’s a rate of 1.59 points PER MATCH on average. & how has Qusmo done in white? Well, let’s see. They’ve played ten times, with 2 wins, 3 draws, & 5 losses. That’s LESS THAN ONE POINT A MATCH. & it gets even worse: BOTH of those wins have come against OMERICA. Fake Margaret said it Herself: that basically doesn’t count. So Qusmo’s record in white is really 3 draws, 5 losses, & 0 wins. That’s 0.38 POINTS PER MATCH. THAT’S OVER 1.2 POINTS PER MATCH LESS THAN WHEN QUSMO HAS PLAYED IN WHITE. & QUSMO HAS NEVER WON WHEN THEY’VE PLAYED IN WHITE. NEVER. Well, except against Omerica, but, as everyone knows, that doesn’t count.

I’ve been saying this for a long time. I’ve been saying it because it’s been obvious. & it’s grown more & more obvious since. Now, even our opponents know it & are starting to take advantage of it. You see, the winner & runners-up of Group B would meet in the semifinal of the Cup of Harmony, if they were ever to meet in the knockout rounds of the tournament. & in that semifinal, the runner-up would get to choose which kit colour they want first, while the group winner would have to choose a colour that clashed with that.

Juvencus could have played to win the match. They could have even drawn it. But they decided to play to lose, specifically to make themselves the group runners-up, in case they would have to play Qusmo again in the knockout rounds, when it really mattered. They did. & what did Juvencus choose to wear? Red & gold. So what did Qusmo have to wear? WHITE. & JUVENCUS BEAT QUSMO.

How do I know that Juvencus let Qusmo win? Easy. Look at what Qusmo’s offense has done all tournament long. 1 GOAL against East Belzara, 1 GOAL against Kytena, 1 GOAL against New LUSATANA, 1 GOAL against SQOONSHOON, 1 GOAL against JUVENCUS their SECOND time around. But guess what? Qusmo has played SIX matches in the Cup of Harmony, & in EVERY SINGLE ONE, Qusmo has scored ONE goal, & EXACTLY one goal - except in the group stage against Juvencus. OBVIOUSLY, Juvencus LET QUSMO WIN so that they could FORCE Qusmo to WEAR WHITE so that they could BEAT THEM & ADVANCE TO THE FINAL.

Well, I will put up with this NO MORE. & I hear that Fuzpon Qusma has finally heard my pleas. Maybe they’ll even reconsider those awful friendlies, too. I am told that Fuzpon Qusma is planning to order NEW KITS from some weird, backwoods place called Edirf.

Marge, I need to know how to spell that if they’re going to be Qusmo’s saviour. One sec. “Mommy? Yes, hello. Mom- Yes, I know I need to call more often. But, Mom- Yes, I know I need to visit you more. But, Mom- Yes, I know I need to get some fresh air & have some fun once in a while. But, Mom- Yes, I know that you’re anxious for grandkids. But, Mom, I’ve got a question to ask. How do you spell Edirf? Edirf, you know, that kit supplier from Who Knows, Who Cares? Ediraf? Okay, thanks, Mom. Oh, wait, I have to bold it? I don’t know how to bold things. EDIRAF? Oh, the first letter isn’t capitalized? eDIRAF? Okay, Mom. Thanks. I got it. Love you, too. Bye.”

I think I’ve got it now. Anyways, eDIRF is the key to finally winning a World Cup. Because when Fuzpon Qusma orders their new kits from eDIRF, they NEED to NOT ORDER A WHITE KIT. It should be BLACK, or NEON PINK, or SAFETY ORANGE, or ANOTHER RED & GOLD KIT EXACTLY LIKE THE FIRST. I DON’T CARE. IT JUST CAN’T BE WHITE. PLEASE, MARGARET ALMIGHTY, NOT ANOTHER WHITE KIT. With a TRUE change in our kit colours, we might FINALLY be able to WIN a WORLD CUP for once, & the entire MULTIVERSE will BOW TO US, & we will be lauded FOREVER in the WORLD CUP HALL OF FAME - or maybe even the OLD BOYS CLUB. FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS MULTIVERSE, FOR THE LOVE OF MARGARET, FUZPON QUSMA MUST CHANGE THEIR CLASH KIT COLOURS.

But until then, I will content myself with knowing that, no matter what happens, Qusmo will always beat Omerica.

Cup of Harmony 73
Semifinal Result

Image Juvencus 3–1 Qusmo Image
Grand Regal Stadium in Canterlot, EQS
Hello! It's nice to see you again.
Qusma projects include: uni·q · Free Qusmo · Original Qusma newswire
Puppets: Sanford · Space Laser Dinosaur Robot Pirate Land · Xuois · The Heraion · UNI-Q
Feel free to newgen Qusmi'y for your leagues with this Qusma name generator, which generates fifty new Qusma names upon each page refresh.
Support: Good things
Against: Bad things
Neutral: Other things
"what the fuck qusmo"

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:04 pm

It's not the championship, but someone has to finish 3rd. Let's find out who!

PINK & PURPLE
THE 73rd CUP OF HARMONY
THIRD PLACE PLAYOFF

Image Qusmo 3–2 Jeruselem Image
Concord Heights Stadium in Concord Heights, CDG
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Equestrian States
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Equestrian States » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:51 pm

PINK & PURPLE
THE 73rd CUP OF HARMONY
THE FINAL

Image Juvencus 1–2 Tinhampton Image
Royal Equestria Stadium in Canterlot, EQS

Host Note: Congratulations to our champions on a well-deserved title and commiserations to the runner-up on coming up just short at the final hurdle. Thanks to all who took part in this tournament and I hope you all enjoyed participating in it as much as Cass and I did hosting it. Hopefully we'll see some of y'all in the finals next cycle (so long as it doesn't come at the expense of my Ponies or Cassadaigua's Fillies, of course ;)).
Last edited by Equestrian States on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
83rd World Cup Champions
58th & 59th AOCAF Cup Champions
5x World Cup, 2x Cup of Harmony, 1x Baptism of Fire, 2x World Cup of Hockey, 3x World Baseball Classic, 1x World Bowl, 2x International Basketball Championship Host

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Non-Fiction: Bittersweet Ending

Dennis Aldridge tucked his children in their beds early at 7 PM, where he wished them good night, before closing the door. Heading into his private study, he started to engage in a cram period where he started to work on a comic book in one night. At the stroke of midnight, he started to work on the biography part of the comic book, where he briefly struggled to contain himself.

"I know what I'm about to write will sound crazy, but to whoever finds this comic book and reads this, there is no going back. I'm sorry, but even though there are people who seem to be more suitable for this, I always tend to write my heroes in my books as the same type. The ones who are just normal human beings who get involved with establishing peace. Now, what I'm about to say will most likely have you killed, along with everyone that you know and love. However, it's not my fault, as the people who are after me and you starting now are what I officially believe to be pure evil, which they are aware of it. These people are part of a group I like to call Demiurge. Or a more accurate term as false gods.

They knew of my ability to predict events in the future. The people in the Ministry of Science thought that it was simply the work of a couple of disgruntled former soldiers, but I have the feeling that Demiurge knew also and let it happen. Even after I thought the madness would stop, they were willing to kill my children. All of them declaring that their existence and current survival was mandatory for execution. They believed that mankind on Main Nation Ministry was supposed to die years ago in an extinction, but humanity doesn't deserve to die. I pleaded and pleaded for them to spare my children, but it came with a price with the result being given 24 hours to live the rest of my days. After I slept in my bed for the last time, I dreamed up events that seemed bizarre, but I knew they would happen in the future. As I'm writing this down, I have about until morning to live. They let me and my children go, where I couldn't tell them of what really happened in that movie studio. If I revealed the truth, they would have immediately kill me and my children.

However, what I'm making right now should stop them. Inside this comic book that I have created, you might find a series of events that I believe could happen in the future. After I finish this, I'm immediately going to attempt to leave Main Nation Ministry by a sailboat that I have rented under the guise for a fishing trip. My children are going to be forced to be without me, but it's the only way to have them survive. To whatever who stumbles upon this, I know that you do not wish to partake in this, but I feel like with your luck, it could help everyone. Even if you're not a part of Main Nation Ministry. Please.

Of the Many Moons, let you help us all.

The Truth News

Tragedy At Sea! Azerty Creator Believed Dead!

"Beach goers in Sector 37 this morning were shocked, when they witness a sailboat burst into flames in what has been believed to be a freak accident. The charred wreckage was left floating on the water, until officials managed to have the boat be brought onto land for inspection. According to officials, the sailboat was rented by famous comic book creator Dennis Aldridge, who is famous for his Azerty series, who gotten the boat for a fishing trip. The cause of the explosion was said to be due to the motor of the boat, which was supposedly unstable and bad condition when it was doing use. Officials have not found the body of Mr. Aldridge, but they believe that Aldridge was sent flying into the sea, where he believed to have drowned. So far, no body has been discovered, but the evidence currently pinpoints that Aldridge have not survived the accident."

"While heading to his residence, his children were found, unaware of the death of their father. The children are expected to be taken by their next of kin, where if not, will be send together by request to an orphanage. Currently, many fans of his comic books were in shock and grief upon hearing the news of their idol, where the Leader seemed to be concerned at his sudden death. So far, the Ministry has not released any more details on the accident, however they will release a funeral for Mr. Aldridge during Saturday this weekend."

THE END
Or is it?
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Previous

Return to NS Sports