NATION

PASSWORD

Theomachy [Deity RP/OOC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:59 pm

Just lost interest tis all.

Augustus Legions
Envoy

Founded: Jun 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Legions » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:46 pm

NS name:Augustus Legions
Deity name: Lethargo
Generation:Elder
Abode: Celestial Place
Domain(s): Sleeping, Relaxing, Procrastinating, Good Existence, and Not putting that much effort in.
Function(s): I dunno, just help people chill out like divine xanax. Also I help the middle and upper classes.
Appearance and attributes: Grey, Amorphous blob that just turns into shit depending on how I feel.
History and background: Sleeping, teaching people to nap when they probably shouldn't nap. Kinda just been here. Dunno what you expected.
Personality:Sleep, Watch things, sleep. All that.
Other: I like food.
RP samples: heres the ex-nihilo thread this got jacked from: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=449980
Eat ass, smoke grass, sled fast.
I'm not a Gnoblin, I'm not a Gnelf; I'm a Gnome, and you've been
GNOMED!

Shrive
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Shrive » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:48 pm

tag

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Corina » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:56 pm

NS name: Nova Corina
Deity name: Cyrion
Generation: Elder
Abode: Celestial realm, I guess
Domain(s): God of the void, the mind, wisdom/knowledge, history, time, eyes and philosophy.
Function(s): Cyrion is also known as "The Watcher". He takes pleasure in observing things, especially disputes between the gods. He has the potential to be extremely powerful, but he mostly lives in isolation from others, and doesn't really care to use his power, unless the universe that he is observing somehow becomes threatened.
Appearance and attributes: Cyrion can take many different forms, but the one thing he cannot change is his eye color, which is gray. His main appearance is a black coat, black pants, and black boots, carrying a walking stick.
History and background: Cyrion was always a loner. Almost as soon as he was created, he withdrew to a place at the end of the universe. There, he created a great being on the end of the universe. Before withdrawing, the great being gave Cyrion powers beyond those of most gods, but in return, Cyrion had to abide by the Covenant of Cyrion (see Other). On this spot, he created a massive palace. He mostly resides there, recording the history of the universe, and sometimes taking leisure. He keeps a menagarie of strange creatures at his palace. However, at the heart of Cyrion's palace lies a massive library, filled with all of the stories of history and all of fiction. Only the luckiest of observers have been this deep inside of his mansion.
Throughout history, Cyrion has been an impartial observer of the universe, not really caring about the "petty" struggles of the other gods and their creations. However, Cyrion has visited many throughout history, giving them the gift of knowledge in one form or another. In return, a small group of individuals have become Cyrionites. Like him, they live in isolation from the rest of the world, only living in the pursuit of knowledge.
Cyrion does have a family, but they cannot leave his palace unless they do with him, and they do not have any powers except for immortality. N
Personality: Cyrion is very cool, to the point of not caring about almost anything. However, he is sure to appear almost anywhere to listen in on a conversation.
Other: Due to his deal with the great elder god, Cyrion must abide by the Covenant of Cyrion. Because of this covenant, Cyrion becomes very exhausted feels an excrutiating when using most of his godlike powers, such as controlling time. For this reason, he almost never uses any of his abilities, and he will only use them in the rarest of circumstances.
Some powers restricted by the Covenant:
-Time control (freezing time, reversing it, fast forwarding it). This makes Cyrion suffer the worst punishment of them all, so unless the universe is at stake, he will never do it
-Manipulating human minds
-Giving gods knowledge
-Pretty much any major power not unrestricted by the Covenant
-Changing the color of his eyes
Some powers not restricted by the Covenant:
-Teleportation
-Allowal to see anywhere in the universe
-Giving mortals knowledge
RP samples: I have had many nations before, such as The Tricolour. However, the most recent RP I was in probably died months ago, and so I don't want you to go splurging into archives. If you do want some, I'll provide them for you.

*I tried my best to tone down this guy, but if you still think he's too OP, then I'd be willing to tone him down some more

Greater Loralia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Loralia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:03 pm

I am also dropping my interest. Apologies.

Trivolia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:57 pm

Again, just in case you skimmed over me (or perhaps im being tol impatient) i really have no long standing roleplay examples from this site, and i was wondering if that would be a problem seeing as it prevents me from adding rp examples?
"To be protective is not to be corupt; to be rational is not to be cruel and oppressive"
~Honorable dictator of Trivolia

Kistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kistan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:06 pm

Tag.
Humor:
"It's the Vrell Fuel and Oils Corporation, not Kistani Oils. Kistani Oils makes lotions and petrolium jellies."
Disclaimer: Kistan is for fun, and you should not expect the IRL me to do the things Kistan may do.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 pm

NS name: Ah-eh-ioh-uh

Current primary deity name: "The Matrix" (or just Matrix).

Other names: He's been getting so many names as of late, I thought it best it get it's own category. Used to be and is still called "the humming one", among other gods. 1. Recently gained the moniker of "The rain man" or rain-man for short. (Yes yes I'm well aware that a little boy might just mispronounce the name like in that one movie and his name would also be Raymond). 2. The great sculptor or any variation of the name. 3. The great mason. 4. l'homme de pluie, translation : the rain man. l'homme ailé : The winged man. le ailé : The winged one. l'homme vert : the green man.

Generation: Younger.

Abode: Underworld.

Domain(s): Compassion, The underworld, plant life. (More domains can be added later or domains can deleted altogether at a later time).

Function(s): He travels the many realms of the multiverse showing compassion to those he meets, blessing them with kindness and love in his magics. He cares for the souls of those in the underworld and seems to be growing an affinity for working with plant life and other various forms of green magic.

Appearance and attributes: https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrTLfqVrARczLUAobqKnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTIyc3JxdWJjBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM2MjYzZjVhYjI2ZTlkZTY3ZjBiMTg3MzBlNjk2ZGIzNQRncG9zAzUEaXQDYmluZw--?.origin=&back=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dgreen%2Bangel%26fr%3Dipad%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D5&w=660&h=400&imgurl=soulsalight.com%2Fsimion%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F03%2FAngel1-GREEN.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsoulsalight.com%2Fangels%2F&size=69.0KB&name=%3Cb%3EAngels%3C%2Fb%3E+-+SOULSALIGHT&p=green+angel&oid=6263f5ab26e9de67f0b18730e696db35&fr2=piv-web&fr=ipad&tt=%3Cb%3EAngels%3C%2Fb%3E+-+SOULSALIGHT&b=0&ni=21&no=5&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=10u7981sj&sigb=130rdeqke&sigi=122gfc28o&sigt=10rccqlol&sign=10rccqlol&.crumb=P8oaibSHMha&fr=ipad&fr2=piv-web

History and background: His consciousness likely came some time soon after the very first god's own, if not simultaneous to them. It is said that in the beginning there was just vague circles of light and presence where he was and that he simply listened to and observed everything that occurred around him. Abruptly though, many gods began talking and creating, arguing and creating. The speed and rate at which the others created overloaded his mind and it is said that during this time he simply held his head in his hands and SCREAMED.... Really loudly. The other gods tried to get him to shut up by attacking him but soon learned that they were all immortal. They had to settle for simply tossing him into the void, far away from any of them to where they could no longer hear his cries of anguish and were free to continue creating unhindered.

Personality: Patient and takes his time, hates it when other gods rush on to things. He prefers to sit and wait for insight to come to him rather than acting on impulse. He likes to ask questions and learn new things. He has a compassionate soul. He prefers to let his actions speak louder than his words.

RP samples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=449980&start=50

...duh??...
Last edited by Ah-eh-ioh-uh on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:33 pm

Nova Corina wrote:NS name: Nova Corina
Domain(s): God of the void, the mind, wisdom/knowledge, history, time, eyes and philosophy.
Function(s): Cyrion is also known as "The Watcher". He takes pleasure in observing things, especially disputes between the gods. He has the potential to be extremely powerful, but he mostly lives in isolation from others, and doesn't really care to use his power, unless the universe that he is observing somehow becomes threatened.
Appearance and attributes: Cyrion can take many different forms, but the one thing he cannot change is his eye color, which is gray. His main appearance is a black coat, black pants, and black boots, carrying a walking stick.
History and background: Cyrion was always a loner. Almost as soon as he was created, he withdrew to a place at the end of the universe. There, he created a great being on the end of the universe. Before withdrawing, the great being gave Cyrion powers beyond those of most gods, but in return, Cyrion had to abide by the Covenant of Cyrion (see Other). On this spot, he created a massive palace. He mostly resides there, recording the history of the universe, and sometimes taking leisure. He keeps a menagarie of strange creatures at his palace. However, at the heart of Cyrion's palace lies a massive library, filled with all of the stories of history and all of fiction. Only the luckiest of observers have been this deep inside of his mansion.
Throughout history, Cyrion has been an impartial observer of the universe, not really caring about the "petty" struggles of the other gods and their creations. However, Cyrion has visited many throughout history, giving them the gift of knowledge in one form or another. In return, a small group of individuals have become Cyrionites. Like him, they live in isolation from the rest of the world, only living in the pursuit of knowledge.
Cyrion does have a family, but they cannot leave his palace unless they do with him, and they do not have any powers except for immortality. N
Personality: Cyrion is very cool, to the point of not caring about almost anything. However, he is sure to appear almost anywhere to listen in on a conversation.
Other: Due to his deal with the great elder god, Cyrion must abide by the Covenant of Cyrion. Because of this covenant, Cyrion becomes very exhausted feels an excrutiating when using most of his godlike powers, such as controlling time. For this reason, he almost never uses any of his abilities, and he will only use them in the rarest of circumstances.
-Time control (freezing time, reversing it, fast forwarding it). This makes Cyrion suffer the worst punishment of them all, so unless the universe is at stake, he will never do it
-Giving gods knowledge
-Teleportation
RP samples: I have had many nations before, such as The Tricolour. However, the most recent RP I was in probably died months ago, and so I don't want you to go splurging into archives. If you do want some, I'll provide them for you.

*I tried my best to tone down this guy, but if you still think he's too OP, then I'd be willing to tone him down some more

You stole your character straight from out of my mind/WIP app lol. They are very similar and I think would get along very well.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:31 am

Utceforp wrote:
WIP App

NS name:
Deity name: Tyspater
Generation: Younger
Abode: Celestial Realm
Domain(s): Light, kingship, law, the sky, storms, and rain
Function(s): Tyspater is the God-King of the Empire of Tian, a vast mobile realm consisting of floating palaces and flying metal ships. The majority of Tian's population are other gods, who serve and worship Tyspater. Tian wanders between the Celestial Realm and the mortal universe at will, depending on Tyspater's whims. Tyspater and his followers battle the demons of the sky, the descendants of Byssos, ensuring that weather is orderly and peaceful. Tyspater is worshipped in the mortal universe as the source of all monarchical authority. A king who rules without Tyspater's approval will receive a visit from the flying ships of Tian, who will curse his kingdom with storms or droughts until he is deposed.
Appearance and attributes: Tyspater usually appears as young man with olive skin, with shoulder-length black hair and a handsome face. He wears glittering gold and white robes, which seem to shine from within. He wears the Tablet of Light on his belt, and he carries Skybreaker in his left hand. His right hand is amputated at the wrist. His eyes are as bright as the Sun, and will blind mortals who look at them. Two white horns emerge from the sides of his head, curving inward and upward to form the shape of a circlet. He will sometimes also take the form of an old man, or a bull with wings. Bulls, eagles, and moths are his sacred animals, and they often appear in iconography depicting him.
History and background: In the earliest days of the cosmos, there was an enormous void ruled by a serpent-god named Byssos. The other gods and souls in the void hated Byssos, but could not rebel against him, as Byssos had worked evil magic on himself - if his blood was ever spilt, it would transform into a swarm of powerful demonic insects. Since none of the gods dared harm him, for fear of the spawn of his blood, the tyranny of Byssos went on.

Byssos had fifty-seven children, all loyal servants of his regime, except for the youngest, Idanus, who sympathized with the oppressed souls of the void. One day, he finally spoke out against his father's regime, demanding that he step down. Consumed by rage, Byssos imprisoned Idanus, then consumed him. However, the fifty-seventh child of Idanus was special too - he was Tyspater, one of the most powerful and charismatic gods of his generation.

Those aligned with Idanus turned to Tyspater to take up his father's cause. Tyspater was reluctant to act against his grandfather, but finally relented, under the condition that the other rebels crown him king once the war was over. Tyspater was beloved, and many already wished him to be king, and many others didn't care who was king as long as Byssos was defeated. Tyspater never confirmed nor denied having ambitions beyond ruling the former subjects of Byssos.

One of Tyspater's followers forged the spear Skybreaker in this time, one of the objects that would later become one of Tyspater's badges of office. The war turned in Tyspater's favour, as the followers of Byssos were few and reluctant to serve him. Eventually Tyspater reached the palace of Byssos, and did battle with him.

Tyspater fought with the serpent for years, but the battle never ended, as every time Tyspater struck Byssos with Skybreaker, a demon would emerge from his blood. About halfway through the battle, one such demon grasped Tyspater's right hand with its mouth, and tore it clean off. Eventually, Tyspater figured out how to defeat Byssos. Tyspater focused his power through Skybreaker, and poured his light into Byssos. The light heated Byssos and cooked him from the inside, boiling his blood in his veins and preventing it from being spilt. Byssos thus died.

Those of Tyspater's followers who did not want him to be king left the great void and joined the other gods, while those that still followed him proclaimed the Empire of Tian, a mobile kingdom to be ruled by the God of Kings. As soon as the great ships and palaces that would make up Tian were built, concluding with the construction of Tyspater's throne-ship, the kingdom began to move. While Byssos was dead, some of the demons that had spawned from him had survived, and Tyspater wished to hunt down and kill them.

The demons were chased to a primitive planet, where they discovered lesser souls inhabiting the bodies of hominids. The demons decided to feed on these hominid's suffering. One of the demons, an enormous dragon made of stone, flitted through the sky drinking all the rain he could find. With no rain falling, the whole world suffered from a debilitating drought. Tyspater finally arrived with his fleet of ships and personally did battle with the dragon, slaying it with Skybreaker. Most of the other demons were swiftly killed by his followers, and rainfall returned to the world. Humanity was grateful for this gift, founding cults that would eventually become religions worshipping Tyspater. Not long after this, the Celestial Realm was created, and Tyspater's followers decided to split their time between the skies of humanity's planet, and the Celestial Realm.

Since then, Tyspater has developed something of a hedonic streak, and he is known for his many affairs with other gods and mortals, the elaborate games and festivals he organizes, and the massive quantity of mind-altering substances that he consumes. Despite this, he is still a skilled warrior and cunning ruler, and other gods fear insulting him to his face.
Personality:
Other:
RP samples: (good examples of your RP skills)

Look forward to see your app finished. I have a few issues though. You make mention of your deity having god followers; thats a big no no. You are welcome to have non-divine followers but if you want divine followers you have to convince other players that they should follow you. Bringing a flying Empire of Tian into the mortal world is also a bit much. The point of the Celestial Realm and the Underworld was to have the gods not have to heavy a presence in the mortal world so if you could tone down those bits that would be great. Other than that I like what I see.

Augustus Legions wrote:
Domain(s): Sleeping, Relaxing, Procrastinating, Good Existence, and Not putting that much effort in.
Function(s): I dunno, just help people chill out like divine xanax. Also I help the middle and upper classes.
Appearance and attributes: Grey, Amorphous blob that just turns into shit depending on how I feel.
History and background: Sleeping, teaching people to nap when they probably shouldn't nap. Kinda just been here. Dunno what you expected.
RP samples: heres the ex-nihilo thread this got jacked from: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=449980

Your god doesn't quite fit the bill for an elder god, but I can approve you as a younger god if you like?

Nova Corina wrote:
-Giving gods knowledge
-Teleportation

I don't think he is too OP. As long as you don't use your time control (at least the reverse part) then I have no problem with anything. I will need some RP samples though. Month's old ones are fine, or write a proposal for your first post in the RP whatever you prefer.

Trivolia wrote:Again, just in case you skimmed over me (or perhaps im being tol impatient) i really have no long standing roleplay examples from this site, and i was wondering if that would be a problem seeing as it prevents me from adding rp examples?

Possibly. I have looked through some of your past posting and I found at least one RP post, but if you don't think your previous work is sufficient just write an opening post for the deity you want to RP.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:

Deity name: None as of yet. Will get one later. The other gods probably call him something vague like "The screaming one" for now.

Generation: I would think he'd classify as a younger one most I suppose.

Abode: Underworld I would suppose. Later of course, right now he hasn't even gotten done screaming and then needing to get his bearings.

Domain(s): Science?... for now I suppose? (I don't know what else to classify it as. Perhaps it would be labeled under "metaphysical experimentation" if you were to try your best guess at categorizing what he does. This will possibly change later on but that's kind of a short gist of what he does right now in relation to the world around.). Philosophy and learning.

Function(s): He travels all about, learning different things and experimenting with different concepts. He soaks up lots of knowledge and ideas and ponders their qualities and possibilities on experimenting with them to do novel things.

Appearance and attributes: A vaguely large and muscular human male shape of blinding fire violently burning. This may change soon.

History and background: His consciousness likely came some time soon after the very first god's own, if not simultaneous to them. It is said that in the beginning there was just vague circles of light and presence where he was and that he simply listened to and observed everything that occurred around him. Abruptly though, many gods began talking and creating, arguing and creating. The speed and rate at which the others created overloaded his mind and it is said that during this time he simply held his head in his hands and SCREAMED.... Really loudly. The other gods tried to get him to shut up by attacking him but soon learned that they were all immortal. They had to settle for simply tossing him into the void, far away from any of them to where they could no longer hear his cries of anguish and were free to continue creating unhindered. He is now having to sit in the void contemplating all that he has learned and gathering his bearings, meditating on the mysteries of the universe. Soon enough (relative in time considering he's immortal) he will stop simply sorting through the things he's already seen and actually begin to act upon the world.

Personality: Patient and takes his time, hates it when other gods rush on to things. He prefers to sit and wait for insight to come to him rather than acting on impulse. He likes to ask questions and learn new things.

...duh??...

Some interest in the Underworld at last. I was beginning to worry my goddess would be all alone down there. Now I guess she gets a neighbor who spends all his time screaming at the top of his lungs. Every sleep-loving kittens dream. :p

Looks great, accepted.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Kistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kistan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:00 am

I was gonna go with a medicine deity, but I haven't been the bad guy in a while. Unsure if I should include 'lies' as a domain, or just keep it a personality trait?

NS name: Kistan
Deity name: Hishar/Hianu
Abode: Underworld
Domain(s): Order, Domination, Loyalty

Function(s):
'Hianu's' role within the Underworld Pantheon is simple - she ensures that mortal societies follow the natural order of the Cosmos and nature, showing loyalty to their clans and especially their direct families on pain of some unspecified punishment. In truth, she does not do so out of any sense of duty, but as a way of masking her role in the larger World, rather than as a minor god. While her aspect of Order through Loyalty makes her genuinely sympathetic towards the idea of family, Hishar is obsessed with the concept of Order through Domination. She inspires the building of empires, the subjugation of peoples, and ultimately uses others' conflict and suffering to replay again and again the archetypal scene of Chaos giving way to her Order -- and she revels in every moment of it.

Appearance and attributes:
Hishar is alternatively referred to as the Lady of Iron. Her primary symbol is a stylized hand of cast iron, and her champions wear her symbol on a chain as both a sign of submission and as an icon through which she can channel her presence. Outside of her icons, she only interacts with the World as a voice in the heads of her chosen. If cornered and forced into godly Sight as she truly is, she appears as a heavily armored (of iron, albeit a cosmetic choice) woman of indeterminate age and traits. In this form, she is berefit of any sense of fertility, love, or femininity; instead, Hishar remains female because it represents the family bond while also insulting actual Love and Fertility gods with its shallowness. In terms of raw ability, Hishar is of middling strength and upper-middle intellect compared to most Younger Gods, but is very good at getting into the human mind and has few compunctions about using others to her own ends, be they mortal or divine. Her works tend to come in the form of instruction and subtle, direct aid.

In her public godly form, Hianu, she is a bland woman of tan skin and brown hair and eyes, and has a long history of being a curious wallflower among the gods. Hianu did try giving knowledge to humans ahead of their time once, but she realized what she did wrong after a little bit of talking to. She's in the Underworld mainly because the Celestial Realm was 'crowded with Order gods already, so I wouldn't want to get in the way' (read: 'closer to a lot of powerful souls who I'd have to constantly work around, compared to being left alone to my devices most of the time')

History and background:
Spoiler because it's a bit long for two paragraphs.
"The first feeling she ever felt was fear.

"Hianu lived in Creation, surrounded by beings of various sizes, for an eternity. The little ones were interesting, and once in an indeterminate span of time she would talk to one and actually like them. But from the moment she Became, she was overshadowed by souls immeasurably larger than her own. Their mere presence felt overwhelming to her to the point where she could not think, could not focus. If there was anything she felt Hate for, it was that feeling. Those forces, Fear and Hate, caused her to try and hide in every nook and cranny of creation she could find, and still she could not escape the feeling that she was being drowned out, ceasing to Be herself whenever one of the titans turned the slightest notice towards her. She sought other souls like herself, but could not see them as anything but littler versions of the titans anymore. They kept attention away from her, but she hated them for looking similar, for reminding her of the feeling of being Looked at for the comparatively tiny thing she was. More accurately, they reminded her of the overwhelming presence which surrounded the Elder Gods. They said it was comforting, but to her it felt like being Nothing again.

"Time began to matter, and Hianu clung to it. The stars were made, the universe was ordered, and eventually the World began. Hianu learned Loyalty to her few friends, but they were so far apart that their meetings were unreliable at best. She learned from the first corporeal Life of Order, how the World acted in patterns everywhere, and for a while, she was happy watching. Then she talked to one of her friends, and her friend showed her one animal hunting another as part of a new pattern. At that moment, she learned the idea of Power, and thought for herself the first idea of Domination. The first Men walked, and she harassed them with whispers and was chastised for it. She watched quietly, and learned from Man, who could show her what the other gods could not think to her; she learned to lie instead of saying nothing and to whisper to men and women without being heard by the other gods.

"Human society was good, but Hianu hated it because it was guided by a god who looked like the titans, and she had never forgotten that feeling. She hated it only (another human teaching, non-absolutes), not Hate, but the little hate belied her larger feelings. Did she mention she was becoming articulate as language advanced? Hianu whispered to men and women, and eventually found one who let her tell them to put one over the other and treat each other as more than just family or non-family, and they started fighting and hating and almost even Hating like Hianu did. She laughed to herself as it spiraled out of control, as the other gods found the World like that and thought it normal and the earlier ones thought it by the design of the other god. Kingdoms began, wars were fought in the World and the Heavens, and society was remade in the idea that the large ruled the small, but Hianu -- no, I, Hishar, was larger than them all. I thought to myself how wonderful it was that I was separate from everything else. I thought of what I had learned from the other gods through Man - fighting, deceit, suffering (something I'd like to think I'm familiar with, considering my odd reaction to the Elders), and how good it had felt to break that other god's works, and I began thinking of how I could lie and silently use humans to hurt all the others who reminded me of my own pain.

"I was being a bit dramatic when I said my first emotion was Fear. There were actually two: Fear and Hate. And I am only the lesser afraid, now."

Personality: In no way should one mistake Hishar for a benevolent god. She does value willing loyalty both in terms of fealty and friendship, but has little care for mortals outside a select few warlords and oligarchs. Those who seek to control others clamor for her attention through deliberately cruel and bizarre rituals at her whim, often finding no favor. Ultimately, she orders her champions to offend other gods simply because it might force them to act -- and in her eyes, that is always good even if it has no larger purpose. Yet most of her plans run centuries in the making and almost always involve attempting to pit other deities against one another. In particular, the Lady of Iron seeks to subvert the works of Celestial Order gods and encourages the debasement of their worshippers. The only deities she honestly deals with are those associated with various forms of cruelty, as their work tends to be mutually beneficial.

It is no surprise given such behavior that she almost universally despises those with more power than her and actively seeks to antagonize her equals. Through manipulating mortals and other gods, Hishar believes that she is protecting herself from an array of threats both real and perceived. Everywhere she turns, she sees varying degrees of power, and feels both that inequality exists to create a hierarchy and that it is to her benefit to undermine any risk of her own soul coming to 'harm'. In what casual interaction must be tolerated, the Lady of Iron presents herself as Hianu, the Underworld interpretation of Loyalty - as a duty and task, rather than anything nefarious or righteous.

Other:

Obviously, this crazy gal's malintent will be obvious to a few of the gods, namely ones based in Wisdom and the like, but good luck A) getting that close to a supposedly shy soul and B) convincing a lot of others that she's been behind messing up all the things she'll go at. I intend to be churning out mortal villains and trying to mess with heroes constantly as part of larger 'attacks' trying to ruin everyone else's plans, but at some point in the late middle or endgame she WILL end up overstepping her bounds and getting caught.

This means for a lot of the RP she'll be doing busywork as a minor deity or simply staying back as a facade, using human pawns and only the slightest direct intervention to keep her head down until things get serious.

RP samples:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=428622&p=32947050#p32947050
https://greaterixnay.com/threads/peace- ... #post-2523
https://greaterixnay.com/threads/afterm ... #post-1958
Last edited by Kistan on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Humor:
"It's the Vrell Fuel and Oils Corporation, not Kistani Oils. Kistani Oils makes lotions and petrolium jellies."
Disclaimer: Kistan is for fun, and you should not expect the IRL me to do the things Kistan may do.

The Grene Knyght
Minister

Founded: May 07, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Grene Knyght » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:19 am

tag
[_★_]
(◕‿◕)
Socialist Women wrote:Part of the reason you're an anarchist is because you ate too much expired food
Claorica wrote:Oh look, an antifa ancom being smartaleck
Old Tyrannia wrote:Bold words from the self-declared Leninist
Currently
Reading
2015: x=-8.75,y=-6.56
2016: x=-8.88,y=-9.54
2017: x=-9.63,y=-9.90
2018: x=-9.88,y=-9.23
2019: x=-10.0,y=-9.90
2020: x=-10.0,y=-10.0
2021: x=-10.0,y=-10.0

PRO: Socialism, Communism, Internationalism, Revolution, Leninism.
NEUTRAL: Anarchism, Marxism-Leninism.
ANTI: Capitalism, Liberalism, Nationalism, Fascists, Hyper-Sectarian Leftists.
Portal Nationalist | Proletarian Moralist

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:20 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Utceforp wrote:
WIP App

NS name:
Deity name: Tyspater
Domain(s): Light, kingship, law, the sky, storms, and rain
Function(s): Tyspater is the God-King of the Empire of Tian, a vast mobile realm consisting of floating palaces and flying metal ships. The majority of Tian's population are other gods, who serve and worship Tyspater. Tian wanders between the Celestial Realm and the mortal universe at will, depending on Tyspater's whims. Tyspater and his followers battle the demons of the sky, the descendants of Byssos, ensuring that weather is orderly and peaceful. Tyspater is worshipped in the mortal universe as the source of all monarchical authority. A king who rules without Tyspater's approval will receive a visit from the flying ships of Tian, who will curse his kingdom with storms or droughts until he is deposed.
Appearance and attributes: Tyspater usually appears as young man with olive skin, with shoulder-length black hair and a handsome face. He wears glittering gold and white robes, which seem to shine from within. He wears the Tablet of Light on his belt, and he carries Skybreaker in his left hand. His right hand is amputated at the wrist. His eyes are as bright as the Sun, and will blind mortals who look at them. Two white horns emerge from the sides of his head, curving inward and upward to form the shape of a circlet. He will sometimes also take the form of an old man, or a bull with wings. Bulls, eagles, and moths are his sacred animals, and they often appear in iconography depicting him.
History and background: In the earliest days of the cosmos, there was an enormous void ruled by a serpent-god named Byssos. The other gods and souls in the void hated Byssos, but could not rebel against him, as Byssos had worked evil magic on himself - if his blood was ever spilt, it would transform into a swarm of powerful demonic insects. Since none of the gods dared harm him, for fear of the spawn of his blood, the tyranny of Byssos went on.

Byssos had fifty-seven children, all loyal servants of his regime, except for the youngest, Idanus, who sympathized with the oppressed souls of the void. One day, he finally spoke out against his father's regime, demanding that he step down. Consumed by rage, Byssos imprisoned Idanus, then consumed him. However, the fifty-seventh child of Idanus was special too - he was Tyspater, one of the most powerful and charismatic gods of his generation.

Those aligned with Idanus turned to Tyspater to take up his father's cause. Tyspater was reluctant to act against his grandfather, but finally relented, under the condition that the other rebels crown him king once the war was over. Tyspater was beloved, and many already wished him to be king, and many others didn't care who was king as long as Byssos was defeated. Tyspater never confirmed nor denied having ambitions beyond ruling the former subjects of Byssos.

One of Tyspater's followers forged the spear Skybreaker in this time, one of the objects that would later become one of Tyspater's badges of office. The war turned in Tyspater's favour, as the followers of Byssos were few and reluctant to serve him. Eventually Tyspater reached the palace of Byssos, and did battle with him.

Tyspater fought with the serpent for years, but the battle never ended, as every time Tyspater struck Byssos with Skybreaker, a demon would emerge from his blood. About halfway through the battle, one such demon grasped Tyspater's right hand with its mouth, and tore it clean off. Eventually, Tyspater figured out how to defeat Byssos. Tyspater focused his power through Skybreaker, and poured his light into Byssos. The light heated Byssos and cooked him from the inside, boiling his blood in his veins and preventing it from being spilt. Byssos thus died.

Those of Tyspater's followers who did not want him to be king left the great void and joined the other gods, while those that still followed him proclaimed the Empire of Tian, a mobile kingdom to be ruled by the God of Kings. As soon as the great ships and palaces that would make up Tian were built, concluding with the construction of Tyspater's throne-ship, the kingdom began to move. While Byssos was dead, some of the demons that had spawned from him had survived, and Tyspater wished to hunt down and kill them.

The demons were chased to a primitive planet, where they discovered lesser souls inhabiting the bodies of hominids. The demons decided to feed on these hominid's suffering. One of the demons, an enormous dragon made of stone, flitted through the sky drinking all the rain he could find. With no rain falling, the whole world suffered from a debilitating drought. Tyspater finally arrived with his fleet of ships and personally did battle with the dragon, slaying it with Skybreaker. Most of the other demons were swiftly killed by his followers, and rainfall returned to the world. Humanity was grateful for this gift, founding cults that would eventually become religions worshipping Tyspater. Not long after this, the Celestial Realm was created, and Tyspater's followers decided to split their time between the skies of humanity's planet, and the Celestial Realm.

Since then, Tyspater has developed something of a hedonic streak, and he is known for his many affairs with other gods and mortals, the elaborate games and festivals he organizes, and the massive quantity of mind-altering substances that he consumes. Despite this, he is still a skilled warrior and cunning ruler, and other gods fear insulting him to his face.
Personality:
Other:
RP samples: (good examples of your RP skills)

Look forward to see your app finished. I have a few issues though. You make mention of your deity having god followers; thats a big no no. You are welcome to have non-divine followers but if you want divine followers you have to convince other players that they should follow you. Bringing a flying Empire of Tian into the mortal world is also a bit much. The point of the Celestial Realm and the Underworld was to have the gods not have to heavy a presence in the mortal world so if you could tone down those bits that would be great. Other than that I like what I see.

Augustus Legions wrote:

Your god doesn't quite fit the bill for an elder god, but I can approve you as a younger god if you like?

Nova Corina wrote:
-Giving gods knowledge
-Teleportation

I don't think he is too OP. As long as you don't use your time control (at least the reverse part) then I have no problem with anything. I will need some RP samples though. Month's old ones are fine, or write a proposal for your first post in the RP whatever you prefer.

Trivolia wrote:Again, just in case you skimmed over me (or perhaps im being tol impatient) i really have no long standing roleplay examples from this site, and i was wondering if that would be a problem seeing as it prevents me from adding rp examples?

Possibly. I have looked through some of your past posting and I found at least one RP post, but if you don't think your previous work is sufficient just write an opening post for the deity you want to RP.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:

Deity name: None as of yet. Will get one later. The other gods probably call him something vague like "The screaming one" for now.

Generation: I would think he'd classify as a younger one most I suppose.

Abode: Underworld I would suppose. Later of course, right now he hasn't even gotten done screaming and then needing to get his bearings.

Domain(s): Science?... for now I suppose? (I don't know what else to classify it as. Perhaps it would be labeled under "metaphysical experimentation" if you were to try your best guess at categorizing what he does. This will possibly change later on but that's kind of a short gist of what he does right now in relation to the world around.). Philosophy and learning.

Function(s): He travels all about, learning different things and experimenting with different concepts. He soaks up lots of knowledge and ideas and ponders their qualities and possibilities on experimenting with them to do novel things.

Appearance and attributes: A vaguely large and muscular human male shape of blinding fire violently burning. This may change soon.

History and background: His consciousness likely came some time soon after the very first god's own, if not simultaneous to them. It is said that in the beginning there was just vague circles of light and presence where he was and that he simply listened to and observed everything that occurred around him. Abruptly though, many gods began talking and creating, arguing and creating. The speed and rate at which the others created overloaded his mind and it is said that during this time he simply held his head in his hands and SCREAMED.... Really loudly. The other gods tried to get him to shut up by attacking him but soon learned that they were all immortal. They had to settle for simply tossing him into the void, far away from any of them to where they could no longer hear his cries of anguish and were free to continue creating unhindered. He is now having to sit in the void contemplating all that he has learned and gathering his bearings, meditating on the mysteries of the universe. Soon enough (relative in time considering he's immortal) he will stop simply sorting through the things he's already seen and actually begin to act upon the world.

Personality: Patient and takes his time, hates it when other gods rush on to things. He prefers to sit and wait for insight to come to him rather than acting on impulse. He likes to ask questions and learn new things.

...duh??...

Some interest in the Underworld at last. I was beginning to worry my goddess would be all alone down there. Now I guess she gets a neighbor who spends all his time screaming at the top of his lungs. Every sleep-loving kittens dream. :p

Looks great, accepted.

Oh you misunderstand, he hasn't moved into the underworld yet. He's only CURRENTLY screaming at the void. Soon enough he'll settle down. He's not at ALL the screaming yelling type. He's just a bit overwhelmed right now. He's actually a very quiet sort of guy I think and I'm certain she'll find him quite alright.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:35 am

Kistan wrote:
I was gonna go with a medicine deity, but I haven't been the bad guy in a while. Unsure if I should include 'lies' as a domain, or just keep it a personality trait?

Function(s):
'Hianu's' role within the Underworld Pantheon is simple - she ensures that mortal societies follow the natural order of the Cosmos and nature, showing loyalty to their clans and especially their direct families on pain of some unspecified punishment. In truth, she does not do so out of any sense of duty, but as a way of masking her role in the larger World, rather than as a minor god. While her aspect of Order through Loyalty makes her genuinely sympathetic towards the idea of family, Hishar is obsessed with the concept of Order through Domination. She inspires the building of empires, the subjugation of peoples, and ultimately uses others' conflict and suffering to replay again and again the archetypal scene of Chaos giving way to her Order -- and she revels in every moment of it.

Hishar is alternatively referred to as the Lady of Iron. Her primary symbol is a stylized hand of cast iron, and her champions wear her symbol on a chain as both a sign of submission and as an icon through which she can channel her presence. Outside of her icons, she only interacts with the World as a voice in the heads of her chosen. If cornered and forced into godly Sight as she truly is, she appears as a heavily armored (of iron, albeit a cosmetic choice) woman of indeterminate age and traits. In this form, she is berefit of any sense of fertility, love, or femininity; instead, Hishar remains female because it represents the family bond while also insulting actual Love and Fertility gods with its shallowness. In terms of raw ability, Hishar is of middling strength and upper-middle intellect compared to most Younger Gods, but is very good at getting into the human mind and has few compunctions about using others to her own ends, be they mortal or divine. Her works tend to come in the form of instruction and subtle, direct aid.

In her public godly form, Hianu, she is a bland woman of tan skin and brown hair and eyes, and has a long history of being a curious wallflower among the gods. Hianu did try giving knowledge to humans ahead of their time once, but she realized what she did wrong after a little bit of talking to. She's in the Underworld mainly because the Celestial Realm was 'crowded with Order gods already, so I wouldn't want to get in the way' (read: 'closer to a lot of powerful souls who I'd have to constantly work around, compared to being left alone to my devices most of the time')

History and background:
[spoiler]"The first feeling she ever felt was fear.

"Hianu lived in Creation, surrounded by beings of various sizes, for an eternity. The little ones were interesting, and once in an indeterminate span of time she would talk to one and actually like them. But from the moment she Became, she was overshadowed by souls immeasurably larger than her own. Their mere presence felt overwhelming to her to the point where she could not think, could not focus. If there was anything she felt Hate for, it was that feeling. Those forces, Fear and Hate, caused her to try and hide in every nook and cranny of creation she could find, and still she could not escape the feeling that she was being drowned out, ceasing to Be herself whenever one of the titans turned the slightest notice towards her. She sought other souls like herself, but could not see them as anything but littler versions of the titans anymore. They kept attention away from her, but she hated them for looking similar, for reminding her of the feeling of being Looked at for the comparatively tiny thing she was. More accurately, they reminded her of the overwhelming presence which surrounded the Elder Gods. They said it was comforting, but to her it felt like being Nothing again.

"Time began to matter, and Hianu clung to it. The stars were made, the universe was ordered, and eventually the World began. Hianu learned Loyalty to her few friends, but they were so far apart that their meetings were unreliable at best. She learned from the first corporeal Life of Order, how the World acted in patterns everywhere, and for a while, she was happy watching. Then she talked to one of her friends, and her friend showed her one animal hunting another as part of a new pattern. At that moment, she learned the idea of Power, and thought for herself the first idea of Domination. The first Men walked, and she harassed them with whispers and was chastised for it. She watched quietly, and learned from Man, who could show her what the other gods could not think to her; she learned to lie instead of saying nothing and to whisper to men and women without being heard by the other gods.

"Human society was good, but Hianu hated it because it was guided by a god who looked like the titans, and she had never forgotten that feeling. She hated it only (another human teaching, non-absolutes), not Hate, but the little hate belied her larger feelings. Did she mention she was becoming articulate as language advanced? Hianu whispered to men and women, and eventually found one who let her tell them to put one over the other and treat each other as more than just family or non-family, and they started fighting and hating and almost even Hating like Hianu did. She laughed to herself as it spiraled out of control, as the other gods found the World like that and thought it normal and the earlier ones thought it by the design of the other god. Kingdoms began, wars were fought in the World and the Heavens, and society was remade in the idea that the large ruled the small, but Hianu -- no, I, Hishar, was larger than them all. I thought to myself how wonderful it was that I was separate from everything else. I thought of what I had learned from the other gods through Man - fighting, deceit, suffering (something I'd like to think I'm familiar with, considering my odd reaction to the Elders), and how good it had felt to break that other god's works, and I began thinking of how I could lie and silently use humans to hurt all the others who reminded me of my own pain.

"I was being a bit dramatic when I said my first emotion was Fear. There were actually two: Fear and Hate. And I am only the lesser afraid, now."

Personality: In no way should one mistake Hishar for a benevolent god. She does value willing loyalty both in terms of fealty and friendship, but has little care for mortals outside a select few warlords and oligarchs. Those who seek to control others clamor for her attention through deliberately cruel and bizarre rituals at her whim, often finding no favor. Ultimately, she orders her champions to offend other gods simply because it might force them to act -- and in her eyes, that is always good even if it has no larger purpose. Yet most of her plans run centuries in the making and almost always involve attempting to pit other deities against one another. In particular, the Lady of Iron seeks to subvert the works of Celestial Order gods and encourages the debasement of their worshippers. The only deities she honestly deals with are those associated with various forms of cruelty, as their work tends to be mutually beneficial.

It is no surprise given such behavior that she almost universally despises those with more power than her and actively seeks to antagonize her equals. Through manipulating mortals and other gods, Hishar believes that she is protecting herself from an array of threats both real and perceived. Everywhere she turns, she sees varying degrees of power, and feels both that inequality exists to create a hierarchy and that it is to her benefit to undermine any risk of her own soul coming to 'harm'. In what casual interaction must be tolerated, the Lady of Iron presents herself as Hianu, the Underworld interpretation of Loyalty - as a duty and task, rather than anything nefarious or righteous.

Other:

Obviously, this crazy gal's malintent will be obvious to a few of the gods, namely ones based in Wisdom and the like, but good luck A) getting that close to a supposedly shy soul and B) convincing a lot of others that she's been behind messing up all the things she'll go at. I intend to be churning out mortal villains and trying to mess with heroes constantly as part of larger 'attacks' trying to ruin everyone else's plans, but at some point in the late middle or endgame she WILL end up overstepping her bounds and getting caught.

This means for a lot of the RP she'll be doing busywork as a minor deity or simply staying back as a facade, using human pawns and only the slightest direct intervention to keep her head down until things get serious.

RP samples:
https://greaterixnay.com/threads/afterm ... #post-1958[/spoiler]

Looks great. Accepted.
Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:Oh you misunderstand, he hasn't moved into the underworld yet. He's only CURRENTLY screaming at the void. Soon enough he'll settle down. He's not at ALL the screaming yelling type. He's just a bit overwhelmed right now. He's actually a very quiet sort of guy I think and I'm certain she'll find him quite alright.

Is he a cat lover though? Thats all Mau Miaulin really cares about.

I have added "the Screaming One" and Hishar/Hianu to the roster. Note that I have given both your deities a title so people can see what kind of gods they are and not make a duplicate. If you prefer a different title to the one I have made let me know.
Nation RP name
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:14 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Kistan wrote:

Function(s):

History and background:
[spoiler]"The first feeling she ever felt was fear.

Other:

RP samples:
https://greaterixnay.com/threads/afterm ... #post-1958[/spoiler]

Looks great. Accepted.
Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:Oh you misunderstand, he hasn't moved into the underworld yet. He's only CURRENTLY screaming at the void. Soon enough he'll settle down. He's not at ALL the screaming yelling type. He's just a bit overwhelmed right now. He's actually a very quiet sort of guy I think and I'm certain she'll find him quite alright.

Is he a cat lover though? Thats all Mau Miaulin really cares about.

I have added "the Screaming One" and Hishar/Hianu to the roster. Note that I have given both your deities a title so people can see what kind of gods they are and not make a duplicate. If you prefer a different title to the one I have made let me know.

Oh he absolutely ADORES cats. Maybe some day they might even collaborate together on some kind of cat shelter or adoption center lol. The way he's going he seems like the type to do that sort of thing lol XD

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Corina » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:30 pm

Alright then, here's my RP sample.

Cyrion was in his vast library, hard at work on the latest chapter of his chronicles of the universe. This vast book that would take eons for even a god to read was Cyrion's main and eternal task. However, at points, even Cyrion could get bored with his eternally unfinished magnum opus. Finally, he closed the book shut, strolling out of the library, glancing at the infinite bookshelves lined with infinite books. He teleported to the outskirts of his massive palace, where one of his faithful servants was waiting for him. "Do you need any assistance?" the servant asked. Cyrion calmly shook his head, pulling his walking stick out of a wall.
Then, he opened the door, revealing an infinite blackness. Some might accuse Cyrion of being a god of darkness, but this was a place where darkness did not even exist. Neither, in fact, did anything else, unless it was Cyrion and sometimes a visitor or two taking a stroll, which he was about to do now.
To someone else, the sensation of walking on nothing would be quite strange indeed. However, Cyrion had been doing it for eons, and he had grown quite comfortable in the feeling. In a universe that was mostly made up of all kinds of turmoil, this was a place where turmoil did not exist.
However, Cyrion's stroll did not last as long as he would have wanted - indeed, none of his strolls had. Unfortunately, Cyrion was a being, and every being had some kind of role to fill in their life, whether it take up minutes or eons. His role was to observe, and record, so that the memories and knowledge of all the events that had gone before would not be lost, in all of their significance.
However, even Cyrion did not some things. One was that a new chapter of the universe would indeed start very soon. And this one would be very... interesting.

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Corina » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:34 pm

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:
Nova Corina wrote:NS name: Nova Corina
-Giving gods knowledge
-Teleportation

You stole your character straight from out of my mind/WIP app lol. They are very similar and I think would get along very well.

I wouldn't mind if the Screamer made a visit to my palace.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:43 pm

Nova Corina wrote:
Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:

Was that a dirty joke.

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Corina » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:48 pm

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:
Nova Corina wrote:

Was that a dirty joke.

what no

I was talking about in the RP, he could come and visit me, since we have so much in common

sorry about that

Anyways, since we have some conflicting domains, here's what I was thinking for dividing them

The Screamer could be god of scientists/discovery (a bit on the short-term side), while I could be the god of already discovered knowledge, and the deep human mind (a bit on the eternal side). Would you be ok with that?

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:52 pm

Can I apply with Anamara? (my character from Ex Nihilo).
Actually that is if I can have necromancy, magic and mushroom towers. If not, let me know and I will work on a new bio.
Last edited by Arasi Luvasa on Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador Ariela Galadriel Maria Mirase
37 year old Arch-bishop of the Arasi Christian Church (also the youngest ever arch-bishop and fifth woman in the church hierarchy). An attractive but stern woman with a strict adherence to religious and moral ethical codes, also somewhat of an optimist. She was recently appointed to the position following the election of Adrian Midnight to the position of Patriarch.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Nova Corina wrote:
Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:
Was that a dirty joke.

what no

I was talking about in the RP, he could come and visit me, since we have so much in common

sorry about that

Anyways, since we have some conflicting domains, here's what I was thinking for dividing them

The Screamer could be god of scientists/discovery (a bit on the short-term side), while I could be the god of already discovered knowledge, and the deep human mind (a bit on the eternal side). Would you be ok with that?

You can be whatever you want to be. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by eternal but I don't see why two gods can't share a function. Right now we have yet to see what becomes of the screaming one so I wouldn't really put too much stock into it. He's not a static character after all so you do whatever you want. Just for the moment he doesn't really have that much of a portfolio going for him seeing as he's currently going out of his mind. If I think he will be getting into more your guy's area of practice I'll be sure to talk to you and communicate.

Trivolia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:53 pm

NS name: Trivolia

Deity name: Selestia Albigor (known to mortals as simply "Divine Exalibar" unless direct contact is made with him/her, then the name will vary, this will be explained)

Gender: Gender fluid, literally. The nature of both his/her powers AND his/her personaliy. A switch at any given moment between their genders is also physically notable (when they switch genders, the "parts" switch as well) which is where their actual name is chosen for, Selestia used within her female form, and Albigor used when he is in his physical form.

Generation: younger god

Domain(s): Evolution, Soul Manipulation, Reincarnation

Function(s): Selina Albigor's main power is the ability to manipulate and control "evolution", as it may be called, of the lesser beings. These powers actually allow them to create lesser species (though he isn't an elder god, their powers are limited to primitave species and NOTHING like 'humans), manipulate the very fabric of beings (in scientific terms, genetic code, for example giving certian cat species thicker furs or bigger claws, making certian birds more agressive, turning incest species into giant monstrosities. This also gives them power over things like food chains, the survival rate of species.
They can make species go extinct, or bring certian species from the brink of such calamities. The limits of these powers simply come from an intelligence learned via an almost fatal mistake, hence why they wont for example, make the entire human population of worlds and domains go extinct).
Their power to manipulate lesser beings comes from a vast knowledge and control over the soul. They think the idea of sending souls to some form of afterlife or purgatory boring, and also using it as an excuse to roam the mortal realms more than other gods may (mostly in their he/she forms), tasks themself with taking the soul of a fallen mortal creature and reincarnitating it into another creature "they within their lifetime earned the privledge of becomming" (an appeal made only to other gods, they in reality reincarnate souls at random and whenever they want to, and into whatever they want to). Their power can be vast or limited depending on how you percieve said power.

Appearance and attributes: Again, their physical appearence is different depending on what gender they appear as (NOTE, during posts you should check for NAME, as that is how i will que a shift in gender, and if the name is Exaliber, the appearence is probably something else ill describe)
Selestia (name used in her female form), appears as a 6'1" female with a pale reflective complexion. She has long blonde hair, stretching bellow her lower legs but not quite to her feet, bright emrald green eyes and a slim, semi-athletic physique. As for garments, she is seen mostly wearing a giant black and velvet dress, adorned with fine silk and jewls that would make even the humblest of mortals envious. She is never seen wearing any form of shoes or footwear.
Albigor (name used in his male for ), appears as a 6'1" male with a simple tan complexion, said complexion contrasts his well kept and parted semi-long hair, jet black hair. His eyes are a duller, but harder shade of emrald green. He is broad, with a muscular physique. As for garments, he is seen in fine silk workers garments, and with a stand-out heavy golden necklase, holding a red ruby in thr center.

History and background:
Exalibar's birth happened within the everlasting war between a relentless nothingness and the everexpanding light of something, along side none other than the elder gods themselves. What seperated Exalibar from the elder gods though, was the aquirance of obtainable power, perhaps even one of the first beings comming before the rest, this neigh existent mass of undefined energy took a keen interest in the elder gods work, marveled at the enormous burning stars, huge earthy planets and all in between. It was with the birth of these realms of existence that Exalibar would begin to shape itself into existance, along with, the other souls that now spread far and wide. Observation was its greateat tool, sorrounding itself with an assortement of rapidly developing souls, soon to be younger gods, a speedy process began and Exalibar themself morphed into a soul, a god, taking a keen interest with the lesser souls like the rest.

What seperated Exalibar from the others was the witness of the birth of creation. A keen observer he sought to practice and learn of this power themself, first tampering with developing lesser souls, they would experiment with said souls and as their proficency in the craft grew, a greed of sorts began, not exactly evil in nature but selfish. More creatures birthed into existence and Exalibars power grew, often they would tamper with species and brung their experimentation into the developed lesser organisms to train their manipulation over said organisms. This is where they learned of, what humans might call food chains, food webs, cycles of life, evolution, in its multiple forms. As Exalibar caught the attention of other gods few conflicts occured, untill the development of the most fasinating and game changing lesser species occured. The birth of human kind.

Exalibar was of the first lesser gods to notice, highly comples souls of great potential birthing the most intelligent lesser beings known to even the elder gods. They would not spare time, already beginning to study and pick apart these souls as they came and gone, the complexity of these creatures also spurred conflicts between gods Exalibar took a keen interest to, that is, battles for influence. Soon it was discovered that these humans could actually see, interact with the lesser gods, and had a knowledge of their superiority in some cases, entire groups of these people could be persuaded to worship us (elder and lesser gods). Exaliber would revel in this, making a quick name within many human civilizations. But with great complexity came conflict.

Some humans would not take kindly to godly influence, some even despising gods, but when an empire took steps to spit apon "Divine Exaliber" (by this point, the name they allowed themselves to be called), in relatiation, using their powers he brung the empire and surrounding humans to their knees, coughing up blood and guts, dying thousands by the hour thanks to Exalibars tampering with these beings (perhaps thousands of years later, humans would define this as genetic code) and plaguing their very mortal bodys with born illness, millions died. This was an accident that did NOT go un-noticed though, as multiple gods in the area also fought for influence, seeing that Exalibar threatened the entierty of the human race, they formed a coalition. Some twenty to thirty lesser gods, all ready to fight Exaliber, although no weakling in godly combat they simply stood no chance against a literal legion of other gods (who had also threatened to contaxt elder gods), Exaliber bluffed his way out, "Do not raise arms against me, for in my pestilence i can birth a nation". Basicially, Exalibar promised to rebuild the human population in the area. This is when they learned about their ability to reincarnate, simply through experimentation. Exalibar would never again threaten extinction to the entire human race, though that did not stop their isolated incidents. As this species developed, soon Exaliber wanted forms to match them, as their world was to put, enjoyable to intervien directly in at times. This is where her form Selestia, and his form Algibor, were birthed. From here, the rest is history in the making.

Personality: Exaliber in his/her kindest moments is michevious, sometimes playful and bold, at their worst though they can be quick to greed, envy, and rage which can heavily affect those around him/her.

Other: When it comes to humankind Exalibar sees it mostly as an assortment of "pieces" part of an "immortal game of godly influence"
That being said hardly does Exaliber pick favorites within kingdoms or nobel families/houses, etc. This is yet another form of trickery, often playing themself off as a "god of the people", on the outside it seems Exalibar's goal is to maintain a connection to the commoners and such, but in reality their system works along the lines of 1) secure the easily inflencable lower/classless societies 2) establish a strong basis for religion, giving this mass of humans big political voices within their communities 3) let live, and even reward the conforming higher classes willing to conform 4) use powers to obliterate any human resistant within the higher classes, this can range from plaguing nobel family bloodlines with genetic diseases that leave them dead within weeks, cursing a stuborn king with psychological roadblocks such as insanity, maybe physical illnesses along the lines of blindness or lameness
Often this process starts via blessing indivusials as "prophets" (basicially communicating with them, and telling them what to do) and works as a domino effect.
As far as sigels work, Exalibar often has their followers wear them along expensive silks and minerals, and public high hanging banners, etc. It most commonly appears as a jewl shaped crest (possibly diamond or emrald) with four eyes in the center, each staring at opposite corners.
Upon curses, Exalibar's symbol appears on the forehead as a closed eye with a diagonal line through it

Reincarnation specifications: Exalibar can reincarnate any dead beings into whatever he wants, via their souls, as long as the creature already exists. for example, if goblins do NOT exist in this world, Exalibar cannot turn a soul into such a thing. It is also to note that Exaliber using souls and dabbling into the world of genetics, can meddle in mortals minds, perhaps making an animal more hungry for a particular food, or placing memories within people they otherwise had never actually expierenced, but Exalibar cannot gain FULL CONTROL (mind control essiciently) untill reincarnation occurs, and he gets the chance to meddle with the soul as well as the mind of whatever creature he is meddling with (one might think Exalibar could simply take the human species and slowely turn them all into slaves, but after the coalation years ago he/she wouldn't do such a thing). Exaliber can as well, make alterarions to existing creatures during reincarnation, hence the evolution part. He could give certian animals thicker hides, claws, etc. This is the only way Exaliber can technically "create" new species. This does though, make him extremly effective at killing off species, whether it be in a certian area or across the realm.

Boons and banes: those who worship Exalibar tend to be blessed with overall health and long jevity (Exalibar DOES control soul and genetics after all, seeing as the op has dubded our time period around the bronze age, the average life span might be around forty. For those following, assuming they arent fearless soldiers or nit wit lunatics, can be expected to live about ten or twenty years above that. Some might preform rituals and sacrifices, those with the kinder of hearts may sacrifice large amounts of cattle or crop for certian things, like offsprings blessed with wisdon, strength, etc. Or safe passage to and fro destinations (seeing as Exalibar can use his influence to heard dangerous animals and such away, and any dangerous humans could be cursed with illnesses or boons), or perhaps a good hunting season. Those bolder and perhaps more sinister and greed bound, might preform sacrifices of people (using spells and callings to summon Exalibar via the sacrifice of human souls pleases him moreso, as it gives him control over the souls) and in exchange gain wisdom or strength themselves, or perhaps things like imense wealth, or armies to command (Exalibar cannot produce gold or men out of thin air, but wiring human souls to be born into strong obedient soldiers is within is power, as well as perhaps using his powers of mind manipulation to have a wealthy family give up their wealth to other causes and people). There may be cruel kingdoms that practice this en mass, sacrificing numerous peasants and prisoners for boons and other forms of compensation.

"The Pillar of Creation", Exalibars domain within the underworld. Few mortals have heard of this, only known within passing legends between mortals who despise Exalibar to the highest extent. Gods may travel there of course, but the journey would be long, and those without their wits about them would become lost, for Exalibars abode, The Pillar of Creation, lies beyond the edge of the main hub of the underworld, far from the Elder Gods' abode. When finally passing through the darkness though once within viewing range you will first see a bright light. That is because the grounds surrounding the Pillar are of burnt dirt and rubble, as the grounds burn with infinite fire. Only a god could survive this, that and the pure essence of souls. These grounds span wide and on them are foul things. Creatures souls brought from the mortal realm and altered as monsters; lions and tigers perhaps, but now they are three times as big, hides replaces with scales to resist the heat, and a bloodthirst activated by any unwelcome, with a mere wave of Exalibars hand they would sink their teeth into tresspassers. Among them are also enormous dragons, twenty seven in all, positioned still and quiet on platforms as if they were stone. But how did these structures come about? Exalibar would not have them waved into existence; it is known that the underworld is maluable and that gods can form what they wish within it, but to keep from any gods stronger than him simply wishing his realm out of existence (for example, those pesky elder gods). The construction of these pillars, the very abode Exalibar resides in, and the deadly machines that litter the realm are of souls, human souls. Brought from the mortal realm, instead of reincarnating some of these they are turned into slaves, like gouls almost, and will run his realm untill the end of Exalibar's life. The Pillar of Creation itself is named as such because from the outside it is constructed like an enourmous pillar, though it is in reality an enormous tower, each floor hundreds of feet wide, it spans eighty seven rooms up, and each room is different. Some holst what would be considered architechure of scolars, being white rooms with globes, compasses, and books, some are torture chambers, others kitchens and living spaces. The most important room though is under the ground level first room (the ground level room, simply being a wide open room, sort of like a church, with a throne in the center where Exalibar sometimes sits), this room being the Harvester Room. Within it there is the Great Cauldron, a massive steel hole within the ground, withih it are trapped hundreds of thousands of souls, in case Exalibar ever needs souls to reincarnate on quick notice.
RP samples:
Rising....higher...ever so higher, the enormous sphere of neigh untouchable flame had always sparked wonder in Selestia's eyes. She was no mortal, and knew very well that the "sun" as some humans may call it, was not actually rising upwards, but sometimes she enjoyed looking at the cosmos through the eyes of mortals. Exaliber continued to do so as they made their way accross the open field, switching forms from monstorous bird, small petite butterfly, brave steadfast buffalo; and all the way Exaliber's eyes looked upwards to the stars. Alas, the time for sightseeing was over, and Albigor made his way into the walled, bustling city of Celzavar, showing the guards a pass nessicary for entering, the city housed none less than important nobels, rich merchant families, and royality (the king himself resided here after all, Selestia tried showing interest in the castle, but being a god had its drawbacks, it was hard taking pleasure in material wealth when your very being was priceless). Making her way past the calm streets, her outfit and beauty had gained glances of lust from a passing legion of soldiers. She met one of their eyes, a captian made obvious by the armor he wore and his generational sword. She winked at him. Come next battle he would remember her face before falling ill of a stroke. Striding closer towards the center of this capital city, estates built upon the wall blocking the castle, Albigor knocked on one of the doors, adjusting his outfit he flashed the doorman with a smile. "Excuse me sir, master Olivia is very busy, do you have an apiont-", suddenly stopping in his sentence, his eyes went glassy as if under a spell or sorts, "right...this way sir" he finisned, making way for the stranger he had mysteriously remembered quite well, from memories placed within his head. Olivia was informed of Albigor's arival and had dinner prepared, as she had as well suddenly remembered planning a meeting with this foreign duke regarding dual port rights between his country and hers. Albigor was no duke, and no actual meetings were planned, but his memory trickery knew no bounds. They ate, chatted and discussed ports Olivia did not own (but "remembered" owning), and as the day grew shorter, civil negotiations turned into dry wine and flattery, ending with a long night between the two within Olivia's chambors. Sleeping with mortals, an act some gods might find revolting delighted Exalibar, in both masculine and feminine forms. As Albigor woke next morning from a sleep he hardly required, he redressed. Olivia would not do so, for she was dead. A burnt in symbol appeared atop her forehead, common for families cursed by Exalibar. With the deed done she had died in her sleep, and the curse would link itself to the rest of her family via their soul connections, like a vicious web, they would all be dead before the next sunrise. Her family was also regarded as the wealthiest family in all the nation of Renok, whose funds greatly aided their war effort against the small principality of Evergreen. Exalibar would have cared not, except their influence greatly held Evergreen, having placed prophets among its people decades ago. The prophets, speaking the words Exalibar gave them even fortold of this war, "And when the mighty nation of the east steps foot on our soil their nobels will rot and their men of war will tremble". Exaliber of course, would keep to their word. With this family dead their buisnesses would crumble, funds would be cut short. As for the soldiers, every Evergreen soldier they killed it seemed, spawned a vicious lion-like creature (using reincarnation), with a hide that could deflect arrors and blunt steel. As with what happened with the general, some would simply die on battle and entire armies would scatter. By the end of the war Evergreen will have won, Exalibar would see to it, Renok will collapse and its citizens would splinter off into new nations. Those that had previously been conqured by Renok would be greatful and thus worship Exalibar for their salvation. Perhaps the native Renok people would be scattered and devoured by the new nations that formed, perhaps they would regain their own nation, though smaller and more that likely isolated. A continent converted, a deliciously insightful and ambitious plan. Nothing less could be expected from Exalibar.
Last edited by Trivolia on Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"To be protective is not to be corupt; to be rational is not to be cruel and oppressive"
~Honorable dictator of Trivolia

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:17 am

Nova Corina wrote:Alright then, here's my RP sample.

Cyrion was in his vast library, hard at work on the latest chapter of his chronicles of the universe. This vast book that would take eons for even a god to read was Cyrion's main and eternal task. However, at points, even Cyrion could get bored with his eternally unfinished magnum opus. Finally, he closed the book shut, strolling out of the library, glancing at the infinite bookshelves lined with infinite books. He teleported to the outskirts of his massive palace, where one of his faithful servants was waiting for him. "Do you need any assistance?" the servant asked. Cyrion calmly shook his head, pulling his walking stick out of a wall.
Then, he opened the door, revealing an infinite blackness. Some might accuse Cyrion of being a god of darkness, but this was a place where darkness did not even exist. Neither, in fact, did anything else, unless it was Cyrion and sometimes a visitor or two taking a stroll, which he was about to do now.
To someone else, the sensation of walking on nothing would be quite strange indeed. However, Cyrion had been doing it for eons, and he had grown quite comfortable in the feeling. In a universe that was mostly made up of all kinds of turmoil, this was a place where turmoil did not exist.
However, Cyrion's stroll did not last as long as he would have wanted - indeed, none of his strolls had. Unfortunately, Cyrion was a being, and every being had some kind of role to fill in their life, whether it take up minutes or eons. His role was to observe, and record, so that the memories and knowledge of all the events that had gone before would not be lost, in all of their significance.
However, even Cyrion did not some things. One was that a new chapter of the universe would indeed start very soon. And this one would be very... interesting.

Looks fine. ACCEPTED.

Arasi Luvasa wrote:Can I apply with Anamara? (my character from Ex Nihilo).
Actually that is if I can have necromancy, magic and mushroom towers. If not, let me know and I will work on a new bio.

Sure.
Trivolia wrote:
NS name: Trivolia

Deity name: Selestia Albigor (known to mortals as simply "Divine Exalibar" unless direct contact is made with him/her, then the name will vary, this will be explained)

Gender: Gender fluid, literally. The nature of both his/her powers AND his/her personaliy. A switch at any given moment between their genders is also physically notable (when they switch genders, the "parts" switch as well) which is where their actual name is chosen for, Selestia used within her female form, and Albigor used when he is in his physical form.

Generation: younger god

Domain(s): Evolution, Soul Manipulation, Reincarnation

Function(s): Selina Albigor's main power is the ability to manipulate and control "evolution", as it may be called, of the lesser beings. These powers actually allow them to create lesser species (though he isn't an elder god, their powers are limited to primitave species and NOTHING like 'humans), manipulate the very fabric of beings (in scientific terms, genetic code, for example giving certian cat species thicker furs or bigger claws, making certian birds more agressive, turning incest species into giant monstrosities. This also gives them power over things like food chains, the survival rate of species.
They can make species go extinct, or bring certian species from the brink of such calamities. The limits of these powers simply come from an intelligence learned via an almost fatal mistake, hence why they wont for example, make the entire human population of worlds and domains go extinct).
Their power to manipulate lesser beings comes from a vast knowledge and control over the soul. They think the idea of sending souls to some form of afterlife or purgatory boring, and also using it as an excuse to roam the mortal realms more than other gods may (mostly in their he/she forms), tasks themself with taking the soul of a fallen mortal creature and reincarnitating it into another creature "they within their lifetime earned the privledge of becomming" (an appeal made only to other gods, they in reality reincarnate souls at random and whenever they want to, and into whatever they want to). Their power can be vast or limited depending on how you percieve said power.

Appearance and attributes: Again, their physical appearence is different depending on what gender they appear as (NOTE, during posts you should check for NAME, as that is how i will que a shift in gender, and if the name is Exaliber, the appearence is probably something else ill describe)
Selestia (name used in her female form), appears as a 6'1" female with a pale reflective complexion. She has long blonde hair, stretching bellow her lower legs but not quite to her feet, bright emrald green eyes and a slim, semi-athletic physique. As for garments, she is seen mostly wearing a giant black and velvet dress, adorned with fine silk and jewls that would make even the humblest of mortals envious. She is never seen wearing any form of shoes or footwear.
Albigor (name used in his male for ), appears as a 6'1" male with a simple tan complexion, said complexion contrasts his well kept and parted semi-long hair, jet black hair. His eyes are a duller, but harder shade of emrald green. He is broad, with a muscular physique. As for garments, he is seen in fine silk workers garments, and with a stand-out heavy golden necklase, holding a red ruby in thr center.

History and background:
[spoiler]Exalibar's birth happened within the everlasting war between a relentless nothingness and the everexpanding light of something, along side none other than the elder gods themselves. What seperated Exalibar from the elder gods though, was the aquirance of obtainable power, perhaps even one of the first souls comming before the rest, this semi-consious mass of undefined energy took a keen interest in the elder gods work, marveled at the enormous burning stars, huge earthy planets and all in between. It was with the birth of these realms of existence that Exalibar would begin to shape itself into existance, along with, the other souls that now spread far and wide. Observation was its greateat tool, sorrounding itself with an assortement of rapidly developing souls, soon to be younger gods, a speedy process began and Exalibar themself morphed into a god, taking a keen interest with the lesser souls like the rest.

What seperated Exalibar from the others was the witness of the birth of creation. A keen observer he sought to practice and learn of this power themself, first tampering with developing lesser souls, they would experiment with said souls and as their proficency in the craft grew, a greed of sorts began, not exactly evil in nature but selfish. More creatures birthed into existence and Exalibars power grew, often they would tamper with species and brung their experimentation into the developed lesser organisms to train their manipulation over said organisms. This is where they learned of, what humans might call food chains, food webs, cycles of life, evolution, in its multiple forms. As Exalibar caught the attention of other gods few conflicts occured, untill the development of the most fasinating and game changing lesser species occured. The birth of human kind.

Exalibar was of the first lesser gods to notice, highly comples souls of great potential birthing the most intelligent lesser beings known to even the elder gods. They would not spare time, already beginning to study and pick apart these souls as they came and gone, the complexity of these creatures also spurred conflicts between gods Exalibar took a keen interest to, that is, battles for influence. Soon it was discovered that these humans could actually see, interact with the lesser gods, and had a knowledge of their superiority in some cases, entire groups of these people could be persuaded to worship us (elder and lesser gods). Exaliber would revel in this, making a quick name within many human civilizations. But with great complexity came conflict.

Some humans would not take kindly to godly influence, some even despising gods, but when an empire took steps to spit apon "Divine Exaliber" (by this point, the name they allowed themselves to be called), in relatiation, using their powers he brung the empire and surrounding humans to their knees, coughing up blood and guts, dying thousands by the hour thanks to Exalibars tampering with these beings (perhaps thousands of years later, humans would define this as genetic code) and plaguing their very mortal bodys with born illness, millions died. This was an accident that did NOT go un-noticed though, as multiple gods in the area also fought for influence, seeing that Exalibar threatened the entierty of the human race, they formed a coalition. Some twenty to thirty lesser gods, all ready to fight Exaliber, although no weakling in godly combat they simply stood no chance against a literal legion of other gods (who had also threatened to contaxt elder gods), Exaliber bluffed his way out, "Do not raise arms against me, for in my pestilence i can birth a nation". Basicially, Exalibar promised to rebuild the human population in the area. This is when they learned about their ability to reincarnate, simply through experimentation. Exalibar would never again threaten extinction to the entire human race, though that did not stop their isolated incidents. As this species developed, soon Exaliber wanted forms to match them, as their world was to put, enjoyable to intervien directly in at times. This is where her form Selestia, and his form Algibor, were birthed. From here, the rest is history in the making.

Personality: Exaliber in his/her kindest moments is michevious, sometimes playful and bold, at their worst though they can be quick to greed, envy, and rage which can heavily affect those around him/her.

Other: When it comes to humankind Exalibar sees it mostly as an assortment of "pieces" part of an "immortal game of godly influence"
That being said hardly does Exaliber pick favorites within kingdoms or nobel families/houses, etc. This is yet another form of trickery, often playing themself off as a "god of the people", on the outside it seems Exalibar's goal is to maintain a connection to the commoners and such, but in reality their system works along the lines of 1) secure the easily inflencable lower/classless societies 2) establish a strong basis for religion, giving this mass of humans big political voices within their communities 3) let live, and even reward the conforming higher classes willing to conform 4) use powers to obliterate any human resistant within the higher classes, this can range from plaguing nobel family bloodlines with genetic diseases that leave them dead within weeks, cursing a stuborn king with psychological roadblocks such as insanity, maybe physical illnesses along the lines of blindness or lameness
Often this process starts via blessing indivusials as "prophets" (basicially communicating with them, and telling them what to do) and works as a domino effect.
As far as sigels work, Exalibar often has his followers wear them along expensive silks and minerals, and public high hanging banners, etc. It most commonly appears as a book engraved with markings on the cover, of a sun and a moon.

RP samples: NONE, at least no notable ones on Nationstates, sorryy :p[/spoiler]

Write an RP sample for me please, then I can accept your application.
Nation RP name

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:10 am

Mostly applying out of a strong sense of nostalgia for my younger RPing days. We'll see how this goes.

NS name: The Shrailleeni Empire
Deity name: Purgem Millais
Domain(s): Fire, Industry, War, Magma, Sun
Function(s): A stalwart patron of the human race, Purgem seeks to teach humanity how to harness the power of flame for its own benefit and advancement. Wherever possible he teaches the lesser souls in the arts of shaping the world around them, prying and refining metals from the earth and creating the weapons needed for making war and peace. He is particularly kind toward creative endeavors. He also holds some dominion over the primal sources of fire, the magma of the inner earth and the nuclear fire of the sun, though these are not an absolute dominion and are shared with others. In addition to aiding humans in this way, Purgem is also engaged in a never-ending struggle with his twin god Chella, who is currently subdued.
Appearance and attributes: Purgem appears on the mortal plane in various forms. Often he appears as a gruff, disfigured craftsman wearing the simple clothes of his trade, who may impart secret knowledge to those able to look past his appearance. He may also appear as a tall, dark-skinned, burned warrior clad in black steel plate armor with glowing red eyes. Other times he may appear as a withered old man with a long white beard wrapped in a cloak, who foretells volcanic doom.
History and background: Purgem's story actually begins with that of his twin god, Chella. Chella was a young god who migrated to the planet of life early in the time of Creation. A god of pure energy, she coalesced into a being of heat and light and wished this form for lesser souls as well. She viewed forms constructed from matter as inherently inferior, and sought their destruction whenever possible. This brought her into conflict with the other gods, conflict that caused chaos and confusion and threatened to destabilize Creation itself. When the two Elder Gods put a stop to this by dividing the divine realm into two, this did not stop Chella from ascending to the mortal world from the Underworld to continue her predations. She became a god of fiery destruction and chaos.

Purgem was born from this conflict. Originally a lesser soul, Chella seized upon his primordial form in an experiment to turn matter "back" into pure energy. She believed that harvesting souls would increase her own power, and give her an edge against the other gods. Her attempt backfired. Although she did increase her own power, this power became split into two connected but distinct entities. Thus, Purgem was born.

Faced at the moment of his birth with the fury of his creator and some tattered memories of his human past, Purgem was moved into conflict with his creator within minutes of existence. Their conflict was long and arduous, but eventually Purgem was able to prevail and subdue his twin, absorbing her essence into himself. She still exists in this way, unable to truly be destroyed but also not free to act, waiting for an opportunity to break free.

Purgem turned their combined power into a constructive force. Residing in the Celestial Plane, he removed the beings of pure fire that Chella had created from existence. Instead he patronized human kind, and worked to guide their efforts at development by sharing with them the secrets of fire to shape the world around them. He is also strongly aligned with the forces of order, disliking any deities who seek to disrupt the balance set by the Elder Gods or who cause pain and suffering to humans. In this manner he also works as a forge master for the Celestial Plane.

Personality: Purgem is a grim and serious god, preoccupied as he is with the continual suppression of his twin. He is humorless and dislikes grandiose speeches, preferring to communicate plainly and sharply. He prefers creative endeavors to all things, and keeps up with the latest inventions of mortals as much as possible while inventing ways to improve on their designs. It could be said that he is most content when forging some new, powerful item. He most dislikes dealing with other gods, who he finds flighty and annoying. When dealing with humans, he shows a great deal more compassion and understanding.
Other:
RP samples: viewtopic.php?p=34732352#p34732352
Last edited by The Shrailleeni Empire on Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

Fahran
Forum Moderator

Founded: Nov 13, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Fahran » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:32 am

Tag. I'll read over the OP and then start working on my app. I'm thinking of creating a goddess of the Celestial Realm with the same name as before, though I might change her domains a bit to make for a more interesting character and plot-line.

EDIT: I'm going to request a reservation of the domains of the moon, menstruation, contemplation, silk and silkworms, the tides, wolves, and pregnancy/childbirth. I know that it's quite a lot, but I'm trying to play up the role of the moon in controlling the tides and potentially even the moods of animals and humans alike. I'm thinking she'd mostly be worshiped by women who want healthy children, farmers who want a good harvest (harvest moon, yo!), and others who rely on the moon's light. Her power over the tides will be secondary to that of any god or goddess who controls the seas and/or ocean. Her power over fertility will likewise be secondary to any god or goddess of childbirth, fertility, or harvests.
Last edited by Fahran on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse