NATION

PASSWORD

Reichsministerium Auswärtiges Amt (Vadterland Q&A)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Vadterland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Reichsministerium Auswärtiges Amt (Vadterland Q&A)

Postby Vadterland » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Imperial Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Reichsministerium Auswärtiges Amt

New Imperial Policy on Inquiries from Foreign Nationals

Oktober 15th, Year 1926 of the Aetherian Era.

In lieu of increasing wartime propaganda and misinformation campaigns by the enemies of the Fatherland in an effort to damage its international standing, the Imperial Ministry of Foreign Affairs has received approval and permission from both the Reichskanzler and the Kaizerina to begin receiving and answering inquiries from foreign nationals, diplomats, emissaries, and leaders. Whilst this act was seen as unnecessary and pointless by the previous Kaizers as the Empire's diplomatic reputation seemed sound, it has become increasingly clear that hostile rumors spread by saboteurs and enemies of the Fatherland must be put to rest.

With this in mind, foreign nationals will be able to present the government of Vadterland with questions they have regarding our domestic and military policies, the history of our nation, the intricacies of our world, and our present view towards their nations. Questions will be answered as soon as convenient, and we reserve the right to ignore or refuse to answer inquiries of any nature, especially if said inquiries are made with hostile intent or to accuse the Empire in some way.

In this endeavor, we hope to mend ties and eliminate the existing stigma surrounding our nation. War may rage on in the frontiers, but there is nothing stopping peoples of good faith and good will from interacting in a civil and peaceful manner.

The Empire of Vadterland is a federal semi-constitutional monarchy situated in Central Europa, bordering the Nordic Royal Alliance to the north, the Gallian Republic to the west, the Ildoan Kingdom, Waldstatten, and Rumelian Sultanate to the south, and the Ruzhien Union of Soviet Republics to the east. It is currently in a state of war with the Gallian Republic and Nordic Royal Alliance, with the conflict having dragged on for five bloody years and becoming known internationally as the Great War.

The Empire of Vadterland has existed for nearly one and a half millennia since the fall of the Rhomaian Empire. During most of this period it existed mostly as a disunited band of petty kingdoms, duchies, principalities and city-states, under the divided influence of the two large kingdoms, Schwarzwalde and Ostmark, in the north and south of the Empire respectively. Vadterland took its modern form in Julius 1806 in response to the growing threat posed by the newly founded Gallian Republic under the command of revolutionary Napoleon Bonaparte, which had recently overthrown the Kingdom of Gallia. Rulers and princes from around the Empire came together reluctantly agreed to reform the weak union that held them together, knowing that the alternative would likely be the end of more than 2,000 years of imperial tradition and their lands being overtaken by the same strife and revolutionary violence which had consumed Gallia years earlier. In a series of events that would come to be known as the Imperial Reformation, compromises were made between the Empire's member states and military authority was centralized under the temporary authority of Ostmark, which led the Empire to eventually defeating the Republic in the ensuing Napoleonic Wars. In the century afterwards, a more permanent civil-oriented system was adapted for the government and the newly united Empire ascended to the status of a great power, establishing its industrial might and acquiring a sizable colonial empire as the years went on.

The Empire's mainland Europan territory is divided into administrative entities known as Reichskreisen, or Imperial Circles, administrative groupings inherited from the days before the Imperial Reformation whose primary purposes were the organization of common defensive structure and the collection of taxes. Today they serve both for these purposes as well as a means of organization within the Reichsenat, the Empire's main legislative body. Each Reichskreise acts as a federal state, with each having its own constitution under Imperial law and being somewhat autonomous in regard to internal organisation. The Empire is a quasi-democracy, with legislation being passed by the Reichsenat which is elected by universal adult male suffrage every 5 years, with the minimum voting age being 20.

Culturally, Vadterland resembles what alternate realities would refer to as a Germanic nation, though it does take a fair amount from Slavic and Latin cultures in terms of aesthetics and language, with the former acquired through refugees and nobility who fled the Ruzhien Tsardom after a communist revolution and the latter acquired from Vadterland's status as a historical successor to the Rhomaian Empire. It is also known for its advanced military technology and tactics, powerful industrial capabilities, and a culture of civic nationalism.

(With that infodump out of the way, let the questions commence. If you wish to ask questions to a specific character in use, please specify in the question, otherwise I will simply use Vadterland's foreign minister to answer at default unless one of my other characters is more qualified to answer the question.)
Last edited by Vadterland on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
The Germanian Empire | "Unser Vaterland, Herrscher der Asche..."
Factbooks | Music | Tech Level: PT/FanT | Current Year: 1943 UE (1958 AD)

In a strange world not so different from ours, a young empire stands in the heart of Europa. Born and forged in the fires of war, it is headed by an embittered Kaiserin and a camarilla of aging, scheming generals. Stretched to a breaking point and groaning under the stress and hubris of its past victories, the Fatherland stands on guard. But on the forefront of a new world, fighting a new war from without and within, will it survive?

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zitravgrad » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:07 am

"To whomever this may concern...

I am rather amazed that your nation is willing to open for some inquiries, but I would call this a good diplomatic opportunity nonetheless.

Today, I have a few questions that are usually sent by my associates to many other nations in the Multiverse. But this time round, I have a feeling that I should not leave the first question to an associate or a subordinate, or else it would be rather impolite for myself. Now excuse me for the long opening phase...

I am highly aware and attentive that Vadterland has been at war for a fair amount of time. War means difficulty of life and safety... and the staffs at the Blue Cross International are concerned about the general well-being of the citizens and the military of Vadterland, whether the national population receive the necessary nutrition, hygiene and medications. Moreover, I wonder if there is a 'neutral' humanitarian organization like Red Cross to observe the international laws of war for the safety of the civilians not directly involved in conflicts. Regardless of that question, Blue Cross International may offer assistance in form of anonymous supply.

The next question might come off as a little rude. But I would like to inquire if there is any publicized thesis or journal on warfare of great insight that you may share with us, if your dignitaries do not consider this request too outrageous. Technological difference does not matter as much as the deep and profound analysis of warfare itself.

Salutations to you, with high regards."

- Kazimir Ivanovich Miroslavsky, Chairman of Zitravgrad
❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Vadterland
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vadterland » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:15 pm

Zitravgrad wrote:"...I am highly aware and attentive that Vadterland has been at war for a fair amount of time. War means difficulty of life and safety...and the staffs at the Blue Cross International are concerned about the general well-being of the citizens and the military of Vadterland, whether the national population receive the necessary nutrition, hygiene and medications. Moreover, I wonder if there is a 'neutral' humanitarian organization like Red Cross to observe the international laws of war for the safety of the civilians not directly involved in conflicts. Regardless of that question, Blue Cross International may offer assistance in form of anonymous supply.

The next question might come off as a little rude. But I would like to inquire if there is any publicized thesis or journal on warfare of great insight that you may share with us, if your dignitaries do not consider this request too outrageous. Technological difference does not matter as much as the deep and profound analysis of warfare itself.

Salutations to you, with high regards."

"To the Honorable Chairman Miroslavsky of Zitravgrad,

Your concerns for the wartime living conditions and well-being of Imperial citizens and soldiers is noted, and well warranted. While the Fatherland's homefront has not experienced great amounts of direct damage from enemy military ventures, it has most certainly been impacted by the Empire's mass mobilization of men, notably farmers and factory workers, to fight on the Rhine Front and the Norden Theatre. Material has been mobilized to sustain the war effort as well, with basic foodstuffs, supplies, medicines and fuel being rationed to the population according to the principles of a war economy. As such, the general living conditions of Imperial citizens have decreased substantially and food shortages have become inevitable, the latter due especially to the aforementioned drafting of farmers. While the conflict has not brought utter devastation to the lives of the Empire's civilians, agriculturally dependent regions are going through strife while they are manpower.

As for the military however, there is a different story to be told. Life on the front is, in the words of many a returning soldier, a living hell. Death by disease is as common if not moreso than death by gunshot or artillery bombardment in the West, and in the early stages of fighting in the north the same could be said for frostbite. While conditions in Norden have improved with better supply lines and winter uniforms and tactics advised by returning veterans, the situation in Gallia and the Lowlands has for the most part remained unchanged, with living conditions reported to be little better than they were at the beginning of the war. The disparity between the two is most likely to do with the more manageable nature of the front with the Nordic Alliance, given the shorter and more easily protected supply lines and the Imperial Army going up against inferior enemy forces. By contrast the Rhine Front is long and heavily contested, with stretched supply lines routinely being sabotaged by Republican partisans.

There does exist a humanitarian organization run from Waldstatten known as the 'Red Star' which oversees the practice of international law and the distribution of food, medicine, and material aid to civilians in occupied territories, perhaps something of an analogue to the Red Cross you speak of. Whilst it has not saved as many lives as it has hoped, and has not been able to prevent every one of the numerous atrocities and destructive acts that occur on the front, its efforts have played a positive part in the world's consciousness, knowing that humanity has not yet lost his soul in the trenches. With that said, we willingly accept any assistance that the Blue Cross is willing to provide to the Empire and the civilian populations suffering on the battlefronts.

I'm afraid that this is all the information I am able to provide in regards to your inquiry, as I am neither well-versed in the latest theses of war nor am I authorized to share such confidential information with foreign nationals without being shot in the back of the head for treason of the highest order. It is unfortunate, but I am sure that you, dear Chairman, will understand that such military secrets as those must be closely guarded, lest our enemies gain the upper hand."

- Joachim von Neurath, Imperial Minister for Foreign Affairs

In a strange world not so different from ours, a young empire stands in the heart of Europa. Born and forged in the fires of war, it is headed by an embittered Kaiserin and a camarilla of aging, scheming generals. Stretched to a breaking point and groaning under the stress and hubris of its past victories, the Fatherland stands on guard. But on the forefront of a new world, fighting a new war from without and within, will it survive?

Notovasian Tsardom
Spokesperson

Founded: May 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Notovasian Tsardom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:30 pm

"To Whomever Receives this lovely letter, I send my greetings. I am Tsar Wilhelm von Alterz III, Tsar of the Greater Eastern Imperium of Notovasia, High King of Egypt and The Levant, Lord Protector of Ukraine and the Crimea, and Count of the Rhine-Meuse Territorial Protectorate. I see that you have waged a rather grueling and arduous war, which has posed some questions within my Command Staff and myself. How does such a small nation expect to win a war on such a scale that it dwarfs the Second Weltkrieg of my world? Your almost non-existent reliance on Naval units, along with the fact that you do not appear to have any reliable Naval Power, worries me immensely, and make me doubt that you are able to withstand a prolonged, rigorous war. Now, you may be complaining about my seemingly patronizing attitude, and I apologize, but your tactics and strategies of war simply do not show much of anything, the only glaring fact being an inept Command Staff, and, if I may, an inept leader. Your use of Trench Warfare only spawns disease, rebellious attitude, and a slow, grinding war that consumes far too many resources and men to even be useful or feasible. Your lack of Armored Units is also a major concern. Without armored units, how are you expected to break through the enemy lines and win the war? Is your army so underequipped that they are unable to even wage a war? Perhaps my letter and questions posed may perhaps aid you in the war, or at least teach you the lessons of war that are vital to total victory. With that, I bid you adieu. Heil das Notovasianische Vaterland und Lang lebe der Zar.

May Peace Reign Supreme,
Signed Wilhelm von Alterz III, Tsar of Notovasia and Her Colonies."
Last edited by Notovasian Tsardom on Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Monarchism - Nationalism - Militarism - Authoritarianism
"Бог, Цар, Отечество."

Year: 2035
Tech: PMT

Vadterland
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vadterland » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:35 pm

Notovasian Tsardom wrote:"...I see that you have waged a rather grueling and arduous war, which has posed some questions within my Command Staff and myself. How does such a small nation expect to win a war on such a scale that it dwarfs the Second Weltkrieg of my world? Your almost non-existent reliance on Naval units, along with the fact that you do not appear to have any reliable Naval Power, worries me immensely, and make me doubt that you are able to withstand a prolonged, rigorous war. Now, you may be complaining about my seemingly patronizing attitude, and I apologize, but your tactics and strategies of war simply do not show much of anything, the only glaring fact being an inept Command Staff, and, if I may, an inept leader. Your use of Trench Warfare only spawns disease, rebellious attitude, and a slow, grinding war that consumes far too many resources and men to even be useful or feasible. Your lack of Armored Units is also a major concern. Without armored units, how are you expected to break through the enemy lines and win the war? Is your army so underequipped that they are unable to even wage a war? Perhaps my letter and questions posed may perhaps aid you in the war, or at least teach you the lessons of war that are vital to total victory.

May Peace Reign Supreme,
Signed Wilhelm von Alterz III, Tsar of Notovasia and Her Colonies."

“Dear Tsar Wilhelm the Impertinent,

Your inquiries reflect the ignorance and biases of one who takes the circumstances of his reality and his time for granted, and perhaps more than anything else a condescending nature. However, I suppose eliminating this kind of ignorance is part of the reason I pushed this policy forward, and thus I will address your inquiries myself.

Firstly, the Reichsmarine is not a non-existent force just because a lazy typist apparently hasn't gotten to finishing the military overview. Vadterland has a reliable navy of respectable size that has allowed it to establish itself as both a Great Power and a colonial empire, and currently has supremacy in the Baltic Sea and the Adriatic. The Empire is large enough and strong enough to maintain a sizable navy, despite your claims stating otherwise, and even if it were not the combined might of the Nordic and Gallian navies are not an existential threat and could be dealt with swiftly by the Reichsluftwaffe and the Magierkorps.

Secondly, you seem to misunderstand the scale of this war and the theatres where it is being waged, as well as the technological level of Vadterland's world compared to yours. The Great War which our Empire is currently embroiled in is a land war over territorial disputes, fought in the fields and in the skies just above the main battlefronts. The sea, while important for merchant shipping and maritime commerce, is not what is being fought for or focused on by either side of the conflict, and thus naval power is not the deciding factor in this conflict.

Thirdly, armored warfare as you know it does not exist in this world, and the concept of armored vehicles on the battlefield has only recently come about as a way to break through entrenched enemy lines and replace outdated and ineffective cavalry. Forays into the field have been made and prototypes produced and tested on the Western Front to mixed effect, however the sheer cost of these units combined with their bulk and difficulty of use on the battlefield has proven controversial. I believe it to be a good concept that could make a breakthrough, however technology simply has not caught up with design just yet, and thus for now we remain focused on carrying out conventional war. That my empire is not a hundred years into the future and capable of running over another country in a matter of days as yours is is not a demonstration of incompetence on my part or the part of my generals. Were the Empire capable of it, I would have gone through with it immediately and ended the war as quickly as possible.

- Kaizerina Solarya von Ziehten-Helianthus

“For perhaps a more in depth explanation from a historical standpoint, this world has not yet experienced the wide advancements in technology that yours has, and thus warfare is limited in scope and defined primarily by infantry divisions and static defense. Between now and the last major war in Europa nearly twenty years ago, advancements in technology and industry that the rate of progress outpaced strategic thought, the result being a conflict dominated by a stagnant, almost unmoving battlefront and a costly war of attrition as both sides steadily adjust their tactics to reflect the new lessons learned on the modern battlefield.

Simply put, this is the world's first industrial war, and both sides went into it with pre-industrial mindsets and strategies which have been long since abandoned in favor of more efficient and effective methods. I should not have to give a history lesson, given the fact that your world already went through a war much like this one already. Not once, but twice.

...That a Tsar of all people would not know his history...Pitiful.”

- Major Tanya von Shrakenberg, Imperial Ace

"Your continuation of tactless condescension and utter lack of consideration or hindsight into this conflict from your position at a future date implies you would do little better in my position than complain and blame everyone except yourself. Your so called 'advice' is little more than taunting, and teaches nothing beyond your own ill-temperament."

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:21 pm

The Frievolker Empire ♕ Die Frievolker Kaiserreik
Secretariat of Foreign affairs ♕ Außensekretäriat
The Hall of Diplomatic Inquiries ♕ Die Halle auf Diplomatisk Anfragen

Ingul von Kuhn, Grand Marshal of the Empire wrote:To whomever Receives this, Greetings and Salutations!
I am Ingul von Kuhn, military officer of the Frievolker Armed Forces and part-time military enthusiast. I understand that your Military -and surely, the militaries of other Sovereign States in your world- employ the use of Mages in different forms. While I can see how the use of magic might change the result of a key battle or even a war, I am afraid I do not understand the extent Magic can be used, and the extent it is used; and that is exactly my first question. How is magic generally employed in warfare? I understand that complete answers might be considered state secrets, and if so I do apologize in advance.

My second, and follow up, question, is whether or not, and to what extent in what fields is magic used in non-military situations. Do your scientists employ it in experiments? Is illusion employed in political debates or similar situations? Situations of this variety in different fields is what I am curious about in this missive.

I eagerly await your response,
Ingul von Kuhn, Großmarschall von Reik
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Vadterland
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vadterland » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:13 pm

Frievolk wrote:To whomever Receives this, Greetings and Salutations!
I am Ingul von Kuhn, military officer of the Frievolker Armed Forces and part-time military enthusiast. I understand that your Military -and surely, the militaries of other Sovereign States in your world- employ the use of Mages in different forms. While I can see how the use of magic might change the result of a key battle or even a war, I am afraid I do not understand the extent Magic can be used, and the extent it is used; and that is exactly my first question. How is magic generally employed in warfare? I understand that complete answers might be considered state secrets, and if so I do apologize in advance.

My second, and follow up, question, is whether or not, and to what extent in what fields is magic used in non-military situations. Do your scientists employ it in experiments? Is illusion employed in political debates or similar situations? Situations of this variety in different fields is what I am curious about in this missive.

Ingul von Kuhn, Großmarschall von Reik

“Dear Grand Marshal von Kuhn,

In the hopes of giving a detailed and satisfactory answer from a soldier who has seen and used magic firsthand, Reichsminister von Neurath has delegated your inquiry to me. With that explanation out of the way, I will get to answering the question at hand.

The military applications of magic in our world are numerous, and given that these applications are known and have been documented quite well means that there is no need to withhold answers in this topic. Mages in the Reichsmacht and its rival counterparts are essentially human sized aircraft, with the average mage being able to fly at speeds of 250 miles per hour or 400 kilometres per hour, climb to an altitude of up to 6,000 feet or 1,800 meters, and deliver a volume of fire only somewhat outmatched by conventional artillery. Thus they are generally used to fulfill roles one would associate with aerial warfare, with Army mages acting as close air support, air superiority fighters, reconnaissance units, paratroopers, as well as artillery observers and rescuers, while Marine mages fulfill roles in escort missions, anti-ship/anti-submarine warfare, and more.

Moving on from introductory generalizations to give a decent picture of what mages are in the first place, more specific examples of Mages in wartime would include a battalion of mages deploying artillery spells to destroy enemy trenches, a single mage floating at a fixed altitude and directing artillery strikes on enemy positions, aiding encirclement tactics by infantry forces by dropping behind enemy lines and disrupting supply lines and communications, performing rapid response operations to an encroaching enemy advance, and so on and so forth. Given their capabilities to carry out these operations, Mages are perhaps one of the most powerful and versatile forces on the modern battlefield, though their rarity among the general population means they are always in short supply.

Just as you speculate, magic can indeed be applied to non-combat situations. For example, healing spells have been formulated by mages and have in recent years been translated into advanced medical treatments for the wounded. Though they are still in the experimental stages, one such treatment did save my life after my first mission in Norden went awry. It is also used to a certain extent in experimentation by Imperial scientists with the participation of those few mages not serving on the frontlines. This is usually with the purpose of studying the effects of magic and the development of better weapons for mage soldiers, though it can extend to the more...esoteric...Urgh. Moving on.

Illusion is indeed possible for mages, and I have used it to good effect in several contexts on and off the frontlines, however it is not employed in political debate, owing to the aforementioned rarity of mages among the population and the fact that all known mages within the Empire have been drafted into the war effort. Even if it were, I doubt it would be received very well. Magic still possess a certain negative stigma among the general population, and using it for something like that would certainly not do any political or social favors for the user.

I pray that this response has satisfactorily answered your inquiry, however I am perfectly willing to clarify parts of it or add to it if I have not provided enough information.”

With sincerity,

Major Tanya von Shrakenberg, Imperial Ace
Last edited by Vadterland on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knessniet
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Knessniet » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:48 pm

"Greetings! I am Marshal H.P. Bevington of the Knessian Military. I am the supreme commander of the professional, non-militia, forces and the highest commissioned officer in my nation."

"I wish to ask you, who is my equivalent in your fine empire? Who is the supreme commander? Also, though I know you are ny fond of my liege, I would like to extend my most sincere respect towards my fellow soldiers in your nation."

"I would also like to know how you honor your heroes. Here, the Grand Duke knights them, but what about your government?"

"Thank you for your time. Though I am well aware of your distaste for my nation and people, I would like you to know that we do not necessarily feel the same."
- Sir H.P. Bevington, Marshal of Knessniet

The Liamese Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Liamese Empire » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:53 pm

"Hello there, this is Supreme Emperor Roger Childers of the Liamese Empire. I would like to know what your opinions are on the Empire and if you'd be willing to enter trade negotiations with our proud nation?"
-Supreme Emperor Roger
The Liamese Empire is a Conservative, Imperialist, Celtic nation with a large Christian population.

P.S. The symbol on my flag is not the triforce, It is supposed to be a symbol of the trinity, the star in the middle represents the Empire.

Our Embassy Program
Ask any questions here.
Marry Into The Liamese Royal Family!
The Emperor's Jukebox
We don't Use any NS Policies and some ns stats

Vadterland
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vadterland » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:32 pm

Knessniet wrote:"Greetings! I am Marshal H.P. Bevington of the Knessian Military. I am the supreme commander of the professional, non-militia, forces and the highest commissioned officer in my nation."

"I wish to ask you, who is my equivalent in your fine empire? Who is the supreme commander? Also, though I know you are ny fond of my liege, I would like to extend my most sincere respect towards my fellow soldiers in your nation."

"I would also like to know how you honor your heroes. Here, the Grand Duke knights them, but what about your government?"

"Thank you for your time. Though I am well aware of your distaste for my nation and people, I would like you to know that we do not necessarily feel the same."
- Sir H.P. Bevington, Marshal of Knessniet

"To Marshal Bevington of Knessniet,

Despite the differences between our peoples and our governments, your respect for the Empire and its people is noted and appreciated.

In regards to your first question, the highest military rank in the Reichsmacht is the rank of 'Reichsmarschall', or 'Marshal of the Realm'. The Reichsmarschall is the supreme commander of Vadterland's armed forces, and the current holder of this position is Herr Reinhard von Falkenhayn.

In regards to your second question, the Vadterland still knights and ennobles its highest of heroes, Major von Shrakenberg being a prime example of this given her illustrious service to the Empire. However, given the number of veterans and the noble achievements made by Imperial soldiers on the frontlines every day, conventional military decorations and awards have almost entirely supplanted this practice."

The Liamese Empire wrote:"Hello there, this is Supreme Emperor Roger Childers of the Liamese Empire. I would like to know what your opinions are on the Empire and if you'd be willing to enter trade negotiations with our proud nation?"
-Supreme Emperor Roger

"To Emperor Roger of the Liamese Empire,

The Empire of Vadterland maintains a stance of neutrality towards the Liamese Empire, noting its power but also its analogous place alongside the Albion Commonwealth. As such, the Fatherland does not have great trust in your nation. Additionally, given wartime trade restrictions and the utter impossibility of cross-multiversal trade, I regret to inform Your Highness that the Imperial government cannot reasonably enter trade negotiations with the Liamese Empire."

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:06 pm

''Greetings. i am Kian Kirk, the secretary of our leader Supercomputer Tom. I just wanted to ask a few questions.''

''First, I wonder - how powerful is your country's magic?''

''Second, what are your country's relations with its neighbors? Are they friendly, neutral, or hostile?''

''And finally, what is your, and your country's opinion on us? We are basically (in)famous jacobins at this point, though.''

Kian Kirk, Tom's secretary
Last edited by Silver Commonwealth on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
⚒ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʀᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ᴏꜰ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴᴡᴇᴀʟᴛʜ ⚒
|☐ʜᴏᴍᴇ☐|❖ꜱᴄ ɪɴ ʜᴏɪ4❖|★ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ&ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ★|❇ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ❇|✧ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ✧|✝ᴍᴀᴘꜱ&ɪɴꜰᴏ✝|☢ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ☢|
⚖ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ꜰᴇʟʟ,
ʀᴀᴅɪᴄᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ᴅᴇᴍᴏᴄʀᴀᴄʏ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴇʀꜱ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟ ☠
_[][][][][][][L'''][Σ][][~][][][]_
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

This nation doesn't represent my views

IRL views: not much different from 4 years ago (socdem)

Tom being a control freak + pathological distrust of private enterprises = this nation

''I thought that I was a conservative. Turns out, I was just sentimental at times''

Vadterland
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vadterland » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:32 pm

Silver Commonwealth wrote:''Greetings. i am Kian Kirk, the secretary of our leader Supercomputer Tom. I just wanted to ask a few questions.''

''First, I wonder - how powerful is your country's magic?''

''Second, what are your country's relations with its neighbors? Are they friendly, neutral, or hostile?''

''And finally, what is your, and your country's opinion on us? We are basically (in)famous jacobins at this point, though.''

Kian Kirk, Tom's secretary

"To Secretary Kirk of the Silver Commonwealth,

To answer these questions in order, the first must be more clearly defined, but in a general sense the Empire's research into magic is more developed and therefore more effective and powerful than any of its neighbors in Europa, and thus it can be said that the magic in use by the Fatherland is the strongest and best in the world.

Secondly, Vadterland's relationships with it's neighbors vary greatly. We are at war with Gallia to the west and the Nordic Alliance to the north, and thus one can easily describe foreign policy between the Empire and these countries as hostile. However, the Fatherland maintains cordial neutral with its neighbors to the south in Waldstatten, Ildoa, and Rumelia. In the east with the communist Ruzhien Union however, the situation is more tense, with our nations maintaining a mutual stance of non-aggression, but with the nature of the Union and its recent militarization no one is quite sure whether or not this may change.

In regards to the final question, the Empire's opinion of your 'nation' is one of disgust and disdain in the most polite of language. The Kaizerina is of the opinion that your empire is an abomination that would warrant destruction if the hellish inefficiency and brutality of your current system did not already ensure your Commonwealth's impending demise, a sentiment I happen to share with her and the Chiefs of Staff."

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:45 am

The Frievolker Empire ♕ Die Frievolker Kaiserreik
Secretariat of Foreign affairs ♕ Außensekretäriat
The Hall of Diplomatic Inquiries ♕ Die Halle auf Diplomatisk Anfragen

Maria von Löwensberg, The Secretariat of State wrote:To equivalent office in the Reich,

I will begin ignoring the usual pleasantries and get to the reason of this letter from the start: a number of questions were dispatched to me in order to ask from you, and I will repeat them as I have received them. What is the official religion in the Fatherland? Does the Fatherland have religious conflicts with her neighbors due to this religion (and, in any case, has there ever been a religious war of Continental scale that Vadterland, or at the very least her predecessors, have been part of?). In case of a dominant religion, what is the status of smaller, perhaps native, religions of the peoples living in the Empire? It is obvious that a full response may need an article in and of itself, of course, however we only wish for a summarized response, mostly in order to add in our Multiversal records.

Maria von Löwensberg, Staatssekretäriat
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Oswyn Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oswyn Islands » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:04 pm

18 October 2018 Common Era

Good Evening sir or madam,

Following the notice that the Kaizerreich had opened itself to questioning from the international community, we have decided to embrace this openness to ask some questions of our own.

My question is on the topic of our nation, Oswyn Islands. We would like to know the general opinion held by the government toward our state. We would also like to hear the personal opinion of the Kaizerina, if possible.
My second question is what advice can either the Kaizerina or other persons provide that would aid us in warfare or realpolitik given our country’s size and obvious weakness compared to other states.
My third and final question is what is the Kaizerina’s opinion towards multi-party democracy and republicanism?

Thank for your time.

Kindest regards,
Alfred Kühne
Associate of Herr Keßler
The Republic of Oswyn IslandsUnbedeutend, aber stolz
A small, modern republic in Oceania currently under the Präsident der Republik Marius Keßler. Having long been stagnant in its politics and uninteresting in general, the current president is aiming for global recognition for the country and all its greatness.

Overview | Oswynball | National Anthem | First Family | Political Parties

Paradiesinseln Zeitung: Military to continue training with Australian forces | Oswyn Islands seeks closer ties with China | President Keßler denounces climate change deniers at UN meeting

Harpija
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Harpija » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:12 pm

"Greetings. I am Sepkurion of the Nomadic Fleet of Harpija. As a nation- well, more of a nomadic tribe of artificial intelligences, I would like to ask, do automatons of any kind exist, and if so, what level of sentience do they possess? Does the existence of magic impact this in any way?
Last edited by Harpija on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Would you kindly ignore any and all NS stats?

Vadterland
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vadterland » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:58 am

Frievolk wrote:To equivalent office in the Reich,

I will begin ignoring the usual pleasantries and get to the reason of this letter from the start: a number of questions were dispatched to me in order to ask from you, and I will repeat them as I have received them. What is the official religion in the Fatherland? Does the Fatherland have religious conflicts with her neighbors due to this religion (and, in any case, has there ever been a religious war of Continental scale that Vadterland, or at the very least her predecessors, have been part of?). In case of a dominant religion, what is the status of smaller, perhaps native, religions of the peoples living in the Empire? It is obvious that a full response may need an article in and of itself, of course, however we only wish for a summarized response, mostly in order to add in our Multiversal records.

Maria von Löwensberg, Staatssekretäriat

"To Secretariat of State von Löwensberg of the Frievolker Empire,

The official and majority religion of Vadterland is Pantheonism, a polytheistic faith which has existed in one form or another for nearly two millennia. It a combination of ancient Norse faiths and the Imperial Rhomaian pantheon introduced to Vadterland after it was incorporated into the Rhomaian Empire, and several different forms of it exist throughout Europa, with the southern parts of the continent being more Rhomaian influenced, the north more Norse influenced, and the east more Slavic influenced. While many wars of religion have been fought in Europa in the past over different interpretations of the faith, including one continent spanning conflict that nearly broke the Empire in the 17th century, religious conflicts between the Empire and her neighbors have long since abated.

Followers of minority religions within the Empire, most notably the monotheistic Chaldean faith, are tolerated and entitled to equal rights and citizenship by the Imperial government in accordance with human rights. However, discrimination against these groups is not unheard of, and there do exist several known political groups operating on such principles as anti-Chaldeanism within Vadterland's less educated and rural areas. The Empire may have moved far past the pogroms and official persecution of the medieval ages, unlike her neighbors in Ruzhia and Rumelia, and the Imperial government has made conscious efforts to curtail these sentiments, however it may be some time yet before all of society truly comes to accept those that follow beliefs so contrary to their own."

Oswyn Islands wrote:
18 October 2018 Common Era

Good Evening sir or madam,

Following the notice that the Kaizerreich had opened itself to questioning from the international community, we have decided to embrace this openness to ask some questions of our own.

My question is on the topic of our nation, Oswyn Islands. We would like to know the general opinion held by the government toward our state. We would also like to hear the personal opinion of the Kaizerina, if possible.
My second question is what advice can either the Kaizerina or other persons provide that would aid us in warfare or realpolitik given our country’s size and obvious weakness compared to other states.
My third and final question is what is the Kaizerina’s opinion towards multi-party democracy and republicanism?

Thank for your time.

Kindest regards,
Alfred Kühne
Associate of Herr Keßler

“To Herr Kuhne of the Oswyn Islands,

The general opinion of the Imperial government is that the Paradise Islands are an upstanding nation, given not only a shared heritage, culture, and religion, but also a penchant for technological progress and rationality. I find myself sharing a good deal of these sentiments, and I find myself rather impressed at the level of development and relative strength your nation has achieved despite its place in the world. I do not particularly approve of republican government, however I am able to look past that given its success in creating a functional and efficient state.

The best advice I can offer in the context of a small nation's diplomatic situation is to find reliable and powerful allies who can protect your nation from military threats, given that your nation may not have the manpower or resources necessary to fend off potential invasion alone. It might be attractive to perhaps join in an alliance with the United States or perhaps a rising power in Asia, however one must take great care in diplomatic dealings with Great Powers, as they will ultimately act in their own interests and may attempt to exploit smaller nations within their sphere of influence for their own benefit. If your nation is willing to take that risk, then it would be advisable to enter a loose association with the United States given its power in your world and its naval power in the Pacific especially. If not, a safer option would be to pursue closer ties with Australien, as they are in more or less the same situation and would perhaps be more open to an equal relationship.

As for my opinion on multi-party democracy and republicanism...I find the former to be a mixed bag, and I find the latter to be undesirable. Multi-party democracy gives a nation's people a chance to fairly represent themselves and express themselves politically, however it is also a source of division and contempt within society as people tend to associate themselves with certain political groups and movements. Multi-party democratic governments themselves are always divided between a ruling party and an opposition, meaning that one part of government is always working against itself and thus never working to full efficiency thanks to ideological and party lines being drawn.

The issues I take with republicanism tend to tie into the aforementioned. In republics, there tends to be no unifying figure in society beyond national founders, and thus they are particularly susceptible to the divisive system of political parties. This can extend into political gridlock where all government activity comes to a screeching halt because factions refuse to cooperate with one another, either for irreconcilable ideological views, political rivalries, a stubborn inability to compromise, or even more petty reasons. There are examples of stable republics in the United States, and I acknowledge that, however stability there comes at the cost of great political corruption and perhaps the same chance of gridlock. This may be an unfair caricature, however from history and experience I have been taught that when there is a chance that things can go wrong that they will, and thus I seek to find a system that can avoid such problems.”

Harpija wrote:"Greetings. I am Sepkurion of the Nomadic Fleet of Harpija. As a nation- well, more of a nomadic tribe of artificial intelligences, I would like to ask, do automatons of any kind exist, and if so, what level of sentience do they possess? Does the existence of magic impact this in any way?

“To Sepkurion of the Harpijan Fleet,

The world of Vadterland does possess a few examples of mechanical automatons, though they are used more for purposes of spectacle and entertainment than fields such as manufacturing. Even if they were used for this purpose, we would not be able to grant them any kind of artificial intelligence given our world's current level of technological progress.

However, mages like myself are capable of creating quasi-sentient golems from composite materials with enough study and specialization in that specific area of magecraft, however they are merely temporary constructs that tend to last less than an hour at most. Imperial mage scientists and technicians have made inroads into stretching the lifespan of these constructs and making them more permanent, or perhaps adapting aspects of them into machinery, however with the amount of resources and manpower being tied up by more pressing projects and the war, any breakthroughs in this area are slow in the making.”

- Major Tanya von Shrakenberg

Vadterland
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vadterland » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:57 pm

Bump über alles.
/skip

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zitravgrad » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:37 pm

"Salutations. The following question might be rather sensitive for a nation at war. But we believe that most questions here would come with the intention to see how your nation works at war."
"How does the Army handle the problem of desertion and punish the deserters? In every war, there are the mentally unprepared and there are less than patriotic men. It is a problem we cannot escape. We generally provide every squadron with its own commissars to prevent soldiers running back without orders."
"Looking forward to your answers."

❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Dreshand
Envoy

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreshand » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:41 pm

How are those of questionable mental health treated when they have comitted a crime.
Are there any forms of 'superstitious' magical practices that have yet to be proven to exist?
Is there an entrenched criminal underworld present? If so, how much influence does it have
This nation does not represent my views. Or maybe it does, who knows
PT, MT, PMT or FT nation depending on my mood. Expect eldritch shenanigans
Feel free to Tg me, I'm a very lonely person
There is no context where Hail Yuno is not relevant
Newsfeed: PSA: Stay indoors children//Land Reclamation Initiative Nonexistent as of today//A Thousand Cities will be judged//Weather: Sunny, dont give in//Law and Order: Lucien Folter: Killer or Victim?//

Vadterland
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vadterland » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:45 pm

Zitravgrad wrote:"Salutations. The following question might be rather sensitive for a nation at war. But we believe that most questions here would come with the intention to see how your nation works at war."
"How does the Army handle the problem of desertion and punish the deserters? In every war, there are the mentally unprepared and there are less than patriotic men. It is a problem we cannot escape. We generally provide every squadron with its own commissars to prevent soldiers running back without orders."
"Looking forward to your answers."

“The answer to this question is simple. The typical punishment for desertion of the Imperial Army in wartime is execution, to be administered by firing squad under the authority of a military court or the deserter's senior officer. There has been one time in my service that I have witnessed such punishment, and while I do lament it I ultimately understand that it is a necessary measure to keep soldiers in line. The Empire does not use commissars, as its manpower is already spread thin fighting on two fronts and it doesn't wish for such a demoralizing element to exist lying wait behind those who are already fighting and dying by the hands of the enemy.

Do understand that this remark is not exactly a criticism. Different methods will work for different nations, however the Reichsmacht simply does not have resources to spare on such a method as commissars.”

Dreshand wrote:How are those of questionable mental health treated when they have comitted a crime.
Are there any forms of 'superstitious' magical practices that have yet to be proven to exist?
Is there an entrenched criminal underworld present? If so, how much influence does it have

"Those of questionable sanity are usually committed to mental asylums or similar mental institutions following conviction of a criminal offense, and are rarely deinstitutionalized afterwards.

As for the second question...This is not very well worded, and rather difficult to understand. I assume it is inquiring as to the regards of such things as necromancy and communing with devils and daemons. There have been tales of both from times when magic was a less accepted practice, however these are merely rumors spun by those ignorant and fearful of what magic actually was. By modern and past standards of magic, both of these accused practices were not only impossible, but their concepts frowned upon by mages.

Much like any nation there do exist criminal elements within Imperial society, most notably in the Ringvereine, or ring clubs. They operate as is typical of criminal organizations, however they do not possess near the level of influence one might expect of the Mafia in the United States. Nonetheless, they remain a menace to all good and law-abiding Imperial citizens."

Last edited by Vadterland on Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:39 am

Ooh, do you have androids or Artificial Intelligence in your nation? If so, do they have their own rights, just like humans? :P Also, what is the best computer that you have on the market so far?
- Exuberant Surveillant Clarissa Alanis Star Breya « La Amoureux Chéri » Millie Taissa Butterfly Coraline Jolijn Trini Clementine Hollie Harumi
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Vadterland
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vadterland » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:10 am

Valentine Z wrote:Ooh, do you have androids or Artificial Intelligence in your nation? If so, do they have their own rights, just like humans? :P Also, what is the best computer that you have on the market so far?
- Exuberant Surveillant Clarissa Alanis Star Breya « La Amoureux Chéri » Millie Taissa Butterfly Coraline Jolijn Trini Clementine Hollie Harumi

“Dear Surveillant Clarissa,

The world the Empire resides in has not yet achieved the technological breakthroughs necessary to create artificial intelligences or any of the creations which could reasonably come about from possessing it. Thus, any talk of synthetic rights is unfortunately a moot point, given that our society will not face this question until perhaps the next half-century when it becomes a viable concept. To put things in perspective, Vadterland and its contemporaries possess technology roughly analogous to the empires of the early 20th century in your world. We still use mechanical analog computers that don't have nearly the amount of processing power that the machines of your era, or indeed you, possess.

As for the best computer we have on the market, I'm afraid the aforementioned lack of technical advancement in the field of computation means that the vast majority of computers are giant hunks of metal and machinery that are as of yet completely impractical in civilian applications. Despite that, the military has found a good use for them in calculating firing trajectories on naval ships, bomb sights on warplanes, and for the enhancement of spell casting in the hands of mages such as myself. Speaking of which, I suppose that my computation jewel, the Elinium Type 95, is technically the most powerful of such machines that yet exist, but that's rather meaningless given that so far I'm the only one capable of using it without fear of death from explosion or exhaustion...

But I digress. Simply put, miniaturized, non-magical computers as you know them do not have a home in the civilian market. Give it a few decades and a long peace and I'm sure we'll have developed something by then, but for now such things are but mere concepts. I pray this answered your question satisfactorily.”

Last edited by Vadterland on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:34 am

Ooh, that is such a nice answer you gave to me, definitely a lot more for such a simple and short question that I have given. For that, I thank you for the effort in giving me more knowledge! :D

I can understand why, and with that said, I would like to wish you and your people all the best, and in hopes that you people will be able to reap the benefits of a technology fully! Just make sure that it does not fall into the smartphone despair, haha! - basically a trend whereby computers and devices got smaller and smaller, and people were too reliant on them.

Thank you very much once again, my friend!

Sincerely,

Last edited by Valentine Z on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Elkairon
Secretary

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Elkairon » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:36 am

Do the weapons of the Magus Korps consists of rifles, submachine guns, trenchguns and other types of projectile-based weapon that shoot out what i presume are magical energy bolts or orbs? If so have you considered making some sort of weapon that fires a continuous beam of magical energy to decimate your enemies in one swoop?

GenSec. Feztkomt Gestirnschmied
Office of Multiversal Diplomacy
I don't use NS Stats (except for some such as Weaponization and Arms Manufacturing)
Hey Vsauce, Micheal here, today we are going to defeat a Multiversal Empire... or have we?

Tier 9, Level 4, Type 9, according to this nifty civilization guide
Firepower: Weaponry and Starnavy
Iranada wrote:"Alright, I'm only going with positive because judging by his hopefully fake muscles he'd probably throw me to the edge of the unvierse and into Galactus's butthole or something. Other than that, he seems okay but being a heretic he's not my best friend either."
~Aryan Batliwala

East Angria wrote:"Plethora of worthy quotes" and then it is just one.

Vadterland
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vadterland » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:09 am

Elkairon wrote:Do the weapons of the Magus Korps consists of rifles, submachine guns, trenchguns and other types of projectile-based weapon that shoot out what i presume are magical energy bolts or orbs? If so have you considered making some sort of weapon that fires a continuous beam of magical energy to decimate your enemies in one swoop?

GenSec. Feztkomt Gestirnschmied
Office of Multiversal Diplomacy

“Dear General Secretary Gestirnschmied,

The weapons used by the soldiers of the Maguskorps, with the exception of the computation jewels used for spellcasting, are ordinary weapons an infantryman might use in the field, and fire bullets the same way an infantryman's rifle does. However, Mages can augment their weapons or simply individual shots with magic, the latter of which may appear to onlookers as 'energy bolts'. For further clarification in the case that it is necessary, our weapons do not shoot orbs, as the piece of equipment you might refer to as an 'orb' is an integral part of a Mage's equipment, allowing him to control and channel their magic into spells to grant them flight or charged artillery shots.

As for a magical beam weapon...Urgh...It is possible, I have tested such a weapon with a research and development team, and I have proven that it can theoretically work. However, the sheer amount of mana that the weapon consumed, the gross unreliability of the weapon, and the disappointing inefficiency regarding how much mana it received and the amount of destructive capacity it generated in turn demonstrated that the 'decimate entire squadrons in one fell swoop' part of the project was far easier said than done. It was a dangerous weapon to hold and an even more tiring weapon to use, and given that this was the Bureau's first impressions of the weapon I believe it's going to continue focusing on more conventional weaponry we know will work rather than an barn-destroying laser pointer.”

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information