NATION

PASSWORD

Villain Protagonist: From Ashes [INACTIVE, DON'T JOIN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:43 am

Forest State wrote:
North America Inc wrote:That was the kind of the reason I would want to do it; and if it were possible can I at least make an Application. Just so you can check it out. I don't want to be always active as my schedule doesn't allow.

However if you say no, I totally understand. I don't want to belabour the point. Also turns out I'm not as original as I thought I was.

I mean, it's a hard rule. Adding more staff characters just complicates things and makes this harder to manage, in general.

But the activity requirement for students isn't amazingly high or anything, the main guideline is not to disappear in missions. Well, you can even do that, you should just tell us first so people aren't waiting on your character for a post that isn't coming.

I understand.

Then if this Academy is similar to a College, rather than a High School, can I legitimately player an older villain who is going back to school.

If it's more similar to High School, than thank you for talking with me. Sorry about the confusion.
Last edited by North America Inc on Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:49 am

North America Inc wrote:
Forest State wrote:I mean, it's a hard rule. Adding more staff characters just complicates things and makes this harder to manage, in general.

But the activity requirement for students isn't amazingly high or anything, the main guideline is not to disappear in missions. Well, you can even do that, you should just tell us first so people aren't waiting on your character for a post that isn't coming.

I understand.

Then if this Academy is similar to a College, rather than a High School, can I legitimately player an older villain who is going back to school.

If it's more similar to High School, than thank you for talking with me. Sorry about the confusion.

Well, the max age is 23, and you generally come here before you become a well known villain and not after. There are some who could be considered villains before they came here, but those are minor villains and they would have come to the academy to receive more training before joining the main ranks of the Union. So a 23 year old who did some stuff on the regional scene is acceptable. But not a villain that already had a decent career and is going "back" to school.
don't tread on me

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:49 am

Can confirm that north America inc isn't me. TBF I'm unlikely to try and join where you don't want me, I was just pissed off is all. Good luck on the rp.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:51 am

Forest State wrote:
North America Inc wrote:I understand.

Well, the max age is 23, and you generally come here before you become a well known villain and not after. There are some who could be considered villains before they came here, but those are minor villains and they would have come to the academy to receive more training before joining the main ranks of the Union. So a 23 year old who did some stuff on the regional scene is acceptable. But not a villain that already had a decent career and is going "back" to school.

Well thank you, I hope your RP goes well.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:56 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Can confirm that north America inc isn't me. TBF I'm unlikely to try and join where you don't want me, I was just pissed off is all. Good luck on the rp.

Alright. Good luck to you in finding something to join.

However, I have it on good suspicion that Keruma is your alternate account, so I will be on the watch for if this account moves to join. ;)
don't tread on me

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:58 am

Forest State wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Can confirm that north America inc isn't me. TBF I'm unlikely to try and join where you don't want me, I was just pissed off is all. Good luck on the rp.

Alright. Good luck to you in finding something to join.

However, I have it on good suspicion that Keruma is your alternate account, so I will be on the watch for if this account moves to join. ;)

I have no idea who Keruma is, honestly. The alternate account I sometimes post with is Coraspia, I think that's the only one that has a high post count. My others scream puppet from a mile away because they're old accounts with hardly any posts.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:00 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Forest State wrote:Alright. Good luck to you in finding something to join.

I have no idea who Keruma is, honestly. The alternate account I sometimes post with is Coraspia, I think that's the only one that has a high post count. My others scream puppet from a mile away because they're old accounts with hardly any posts.

Well, you did explicitly tell me that you had snuck into one of my threads with a puppet, and Keruma is an account with hardly any posts, a similar application style, and which has only joined my threads, one of which was one that you showed interest in but didn't apply with this account on so...
don't tread on me

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:02 am

Forest State wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I have no idea who Keruma is, honestly. The alternate account I sometimes post with is Coraspia, I think that's the only one that has a high post count. My others scream puppet from a mile away because they're old accounts with hardly any posts.

Well, you did explicitly tell me that you had snuck into one of my threads with a puppet, and Keruma is an account with hardly any posts, a similar application style, and which has only joined my threads, one of which was one that you showed interest in but didn't apply with this account on so...

No...not your threads, the one I showed interest in was one I just didn't have time to apply. I had no reason to believe I'd ever have to use a puppet to get into your threads prior to now, and I was rather surprised.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:06 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Forest State wrote:Well, you did explicitly tell me that you had snuck into one of my threads with a puppet, and Keruma is an account with hardly any posts, a similar application style, and which has only joined my threads, one of which was one that you showed interest in but didn't apply with this account on so...

No...not your threads, the one I showed interest in was one I just didn't have time to apply. I had no reason to believe I'd ever have to use a puppet to get into your threads prior to now, and I was rather surprised.

Alright. As I said, I wish you luck in finding another thread. I suggest Titans Among Us, since you seem to have a good relationship with the OP.
don't tread on me

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:08 am

Forest State wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:No...not your threads, the one I showed interest in was one I just didn't have time to apply. I had no reason to believe I'd ever have to use a puppet to get into your threads prior to now, and I was rather surprised.

Alright. As I said, I wish you luck in finding another thread. I suggest Titans Among Us, since you seem to have a good relationship with the OP.

Yeah, currently just asking him for a copy of the application without the annoying brackets, because my computer is being slow at deleting them.

Vulkata II
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkata II » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:49 am

As I write my draft I noticed a bit... Something that may not be welcomed.

How would people react to a Wehraboo if I may ask?
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -George Patton

He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future. -Adolf Hitler

Part of the American dream is to live long and die young. Only those Americans who are willing to die for their country are fit to live. -General MacArthur
The player is currently:Clear|Busy
Great Tawil wrote:The thing is I hate fighting. I just wanna draw flags and make friends

_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:55 am

Vulkata II wrote:As I write my draft I noticed a bit... Something that may not be welcomed.

Personally I find Wehrabooism cringey and using old tech for the aesthetics is discouraged, but that's just my personal opinion.

We have one character speaking German already, and that's not a problem. Although the character isn't a Wehraboo.
don't tread on me

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:05 am

Forest State wrote:
Vulkata II wrote:As I write my draft I noticed a bit... Something that may not be welcomed.

Personally I find Wehrabooism cringey and using old tech for the aesthetics is discouraged, but that's just my personal opinion.

We have one character speaking German already, and that's not a problem. Although the character isn't a Wehraboo.

There's actually three or four characters that can speak German IIRC.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Dreshand
Envoy

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreshand » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:07 am

/tagging excessively
This nation does not represent my views. Or maybe it does, who knows
PT, MT, PMT or FT nation depending on my mood. Expect eldritch shenanigans
Feel free to Tg me, I'm a very lonely person
There is no context where Hail Yuno is not relevant
Newsfeed: PSA: Stay indoors children//Land Reclamation Initiative Nonexistent as of today//A Thousand Cities will be judged//Weather: Sunny, dont give in//Law and Order: Lucien Folter: Killer or Victim?//

Skaldia
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:09 am

Durmatagno wrote:
Forest State wrote:Personally I find Wehrabooism cringey and using old tech for the aesthetics is discouraged, but that's just my personal opinion.

There's actually three or four characters that can speak German IIRC.

Kestos can speak German, although it isn't implied in his app. Didn't feel the need to list every language he can speak.

Dreshand wrote:/tagging excessively

Woot!
||Empty||
||“The lesson of history is that no one learns.”
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||
||“Chaos needs no allies, for it dwells like a poison in every one of us.”

TG for Discord

Dreshand
Envoy

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreshand » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:44 am

In the rules it says there a discord.
Yet I see no discord
Where is discord?
This nation does not represent my views. Or maybe it does, who knows
PT, MT, PMT or FT nation depending on my mood. Expect eldritch shenanigans
Feel free to Tg me, I'm a very lonely person
There is no context where Hail Yuno is not relevant
Newsfeed: PSA: Stay indoors children//Land Reclamation Initiative Nonexistent as of today//A Thousand Cities will be judged//Weather: Sunny, dont give in//Law and Order: Lucien Folter: Killer or Victim?//

Skaldia
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 am

Dreshand wrote:In the rules it says there a discord.
Yet I see no discord
Where is discord?

You get an invite once you have an app that is up and approved.
||Empty||
||“The lesson of history is that no one learns.”
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||
||“Chaos needs no allies, for it dwells like a poison in every one of us.”

TG for Discord

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:15 am

Yeah, I can vouch for NAI. ME:F bros unite.

And Discord is for when your app is accepted, Forest TGs out invites I think. Also I approve of the flag, muh Tarot.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Darasthia
Secretary

Founded: Aug 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Darasthia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:59 am

PHOENIX ACADEMY: SECTION B APPLICATION

VITALS

Name: Hua Xiaoting (花晓婷)/Han Drake (한용; currently uses the latter name)
Species: Human
Nickname/Alias: Grand Chariot (大战车 / 큰 병거)
Appearance:

Build: 5'7.5 | 65 kg | 34B

Primary Ability: Cyberpathy: Drake possess a computer-like consciousness with advanced capabilities. It allows her to hack machinery and technological systems by touch, to perceive, understand, control and generate electronic, digital, and radio transmissions, process information at incredible speeds, communicate and interface at technology via touch, detect fellow cyberpaths, carry out more than ten thought processes at once, project and download existing coded information to any device and/or network of her choosing, retain more information than most humans and even download data to her consciousness.

Other Abilities:
Data Manipulation: Through tactile contact, Drake can manipulate digital information like Play-Doh, being able to negate technological usage through system errors, computer viruses and malware, manipulate and create computer viruses and other kinds of things harmful to the computer, as well as things beneficial to the computer, such as firewalls, and program and break complex digital codes.

Cyberspace Access: Drake can access and interact with a physical manifestation of cyberspace by touch, depicted as a linked network of streams and constructs of colorful digital code and pixels. While erratic at certain aspects, cyberspace provides solutions where conventional hacking and normal abilities doesn't cut it, such as accessing any device connected and enter its mainframe and removing/restoring digital data "on-site" with pinpoint accuracy and often definite results. Accessing the physical cyberspace requires touch and severe concentration, slipping into a state similar to comatose in the physical realm when she accesses cyberspace. Of course this gives her a new plethora of exclusive abilities such as:
    Avatar: Drake manifests her "avatar" inside cyberspace as a code/pixel/digital copy of herself. Drake invariably temporarily loses and/or gets her abilities weakened inside cyberspace, due to the inexplicably erratic nature of her "avatar" and cyberspace itself. Certain programs and codes, such as applications, anti-viruses and malware have color-coded physical and oftentimes anthropomorphic manifestations (isn't always the case for harmful programs like computer viruses).
    Diadíktyokinesis: Through the cyberspace, Drake can access and manipulate the internet, such as access to the internet, its protocols, its structure, the world wide web, online communications and etc. Unlike her normal abilities, this is somehow the only consistent and stable ability she can use within cyberspace, but is unable to use it in the physical world.

Power Drawbacks:

No-Brainer: For Drake, being a cyberpath rocks and sucks at the same time. Due to the nature of her consciousness, electromagnetic pulses render her unconscious. She also experiences phantom pain at times, which may occur after releasing control of hacked devices or entering and exiting cyberspace. She's also vulnerable to computer viruses and malware, thus has to defend herself by generating highly complex firewalls, anti-viruses and codes, to keep her safe even in her sleep. Not that anyone has gotten past her labyrinthine and difficult defenses anyway.

Primarily Support Role: At a glance, it seems that Drake's abilities are extremely powerful. However, her powers are mainly relegated to support, hacking and disrupting roles, making somewhat useless in physical, super-powered combat. In short, the closest thing she can do to inflict physical damage is to hack through drones and navigation systems by touch, as well as breaching fellow cyberpaths and self-aware AI.

Touch Required: Secondly, the majority of her abilities requires tactile contact within a machine, device, network, mainframe, etc. That means that while she can control devices remotely, she cannot hack at a distance. While she can manipulate ten small devices/machines at once (based on how many fingers she has), she has and can only hack through and take control of such devices two at a time, based on her two hands. This also means that injuring her hands and fingers affects the effectiveness of her hacks, and cutting them off renders her useless.

Count Your Fingers: This means that the efficacy of her abilities is dependent on the complexity and security of the device. In short, she cannot hack into anything at least immediately and must put focus and effort depending on the complexity of her hacks. That also means that the more complex the devices she hacks, the less devices she can control based on her ten fingers. Phones, smart appliances and smartwatches, require one finger; PCs, laptops, drones and electronic automobile steering systems two fingers; robots, regular networks and servers and medium-sized electronic equipment three-five fingers; military-grade targeting systems, power armor and aircraft avionics & steering five-seven fingers; supercomputers self-aware AI and fellow cyberpaths ten fingers.

Parallel Thought≠Multi-Focus: While Drake can process more than ten parallel thought processes, doing so as much as more than ten thought processes and controlling several complex devices more than her fingers can count may cause her focus and concentration to stretch thin, hampering her efficiency and ability efficacy, as well as leaving her vulnerable to cyber attacks. Furthermore, the more devices she controls, the less she can defend such devices in an even of a counterattack, and has to protect herself from other cyberpaths and computer-related problems. This is why she prefers to to control less but deemed long-term useful devices as much as she can in missions.

Erratic Cyberspace: Entering cyberspace leaves her physical body vulnerable as she slips into a coma-like state. Furthermore, the abilities she would normally use out of cyberspace gets temporarily weakened or sometimes just plain disappear until she slips out of cyberspace. The only stable ability she can use in her digital form in cyberspace is Diadíktyokinesis, or the ability to manipulate the internet. The same power drawbacks above can be experienced using Diadíktyokinesis. Cyberspace is also very difficult for her to enter, requiring tactile contact with both hands and immense concentration, and leaving cyberspace induces great physical fatigue on her. She also has the tendency to "crash" in cyberspace due to its erratic nature and her erratic digital form, causing her to randomly slip out of cyberspace with no apparent reason.

Sleeping With The Phishes: Drake cannot achieve immortality by transferring her consciousness in a machine or device. Also, due to her computer-like consciousness, she is very vulnerable in cyberspace, more so than in her physical body. Her avatar "dies" in cyberspace, she also dies in the physical realm for good. Also, she cannot manifest her avatar to the physical world.

Equipment:
    • [1] QSZ-92 (w/ suppressor; rarely used in favor of the subcompact Walther CCP)
    • [1] Walther CCP (main firearm; carries with her always)
    • [1] Monster Inspiration over-ear headphones (heavily modified; designed w/AKIRA motifs)
    • [1] Alienware AW17R3-8342SLV 17.3-Inch UHD Laptop (her main conventional hacking laptop)
    • [1] Zebra F-402 Stainless Steel Pen (for writing and stabbing)
    • [1] Sony Walkman NW-A40 Series (MP3 Player; mostly contains rap, indie, rock and metal)
    • [1] 2000 Nokia 3310
    • [5] 1 TB hard drives
    • [24] flash disks

DETAILS

Nationality: Chinese (by birth) | South Korean-American (by passport and new identity)
Hometown: Harbin, Songbei District, Heilongjiang, China
Sexuality: Bisexual

Biggest Flaw: Ever since she was a child, Drake has been a trouble magnet wherever she goes. This causes her to get into fights, further complicate bad situations or throw a wrench in someone's plans by mistake. Her idealistic and trusting personality makes her gullible at times. Combining her trouble-making predilections and naivete, along with her typical unhealthy curiosity, over-competitiveness, brassiness, whimsy and seldom disregard of others's feelings and the repercussions of her actions with hints of impulsiveness and recklessness has caused many people to distance from her, as well as screwing things up for her big time.

Main Skills: Thanks to her work experience, computer-like brain and colorful and tumultuous life experiences, Han Drake has garnered several skills. In fact, her bread and butter is conventional hacking and programming, capable of hacking into almost any network with ample planning. A street-smart person, she utilizes urban environments to her advantage, such as losing tails or simply finding cheap shops at downtown bellies. She is a skilled planner, but often makes it up as she goes and oftentimes relies on luck. She has received basic firearms training during her retinue with PLA cyber-warfare units and basic martial arts training through the Chinese educational system. She is a polyglot fluent in Mandarin, Korean, English, Hindi and Russian; "moderately proficient" in Cantonese and German, and "conversational" in Filipino, French and Spanish. She's also a pretty good basketball player and an effective spy.

Personality: Contrary to popular belief, cyberpaths aren't emotionless, asexual nor devoid of personality. In fact, Drake Hua is just as human as anyone else personality-wise. Drake is a ball of exuberance and sheer idealism, and is easily bored. She is often very brassy, playful and whimsical, often doing strange things either out of sheer curiosity, to satisfy boredom and/or because she "felt like doing it", much to everyone's chagrin. This gives other people to view her as childish (and sometimes annoying) at times. Her actions are mostly dictated by random energy spikes, meaning she takes action because she "feels like it" and will usually not do certain and specific action because she "doesn't feel like it", even to the point of stubbornness. Having been born and raised as "golden girl", she can be very competitive and oftentimes egoistic and can be so focused and stubborn that she will often won't stop at nothing until she either wins, is satisfied or simply lost interest due to boredom. At first she seems asocial, but quickly opens up when approached or approaching someone (the latter usually dictated by her whims). She portrays and intense dislike for conundrums and paradoxes, and has an irrational fear of dividing zero by zero.

Biography: One time, PLA Units 61398 and 61486 notified the People's Armed Police (PAP) of a suspected breach in the People's Republic of China's intranet. After pinpointing and tracking down the source of the breach, the PAP notified local police authorities to bring down the suspect. What the police found out in the well-off Hua household was somewhat beleaguering and impressive. The culprit: nothing more but a precocious seven-year old Hua Xiaoting on the computer who wanted nothing more but to print Tiangong-1 and Soviet Buran blueprints so she could hang them as posters in her bedroom. After a few interviews from impressed police, PLA officers and Tsinghua University delegates, little Xiaoting, along with her stressed-out family, luckily got away from what could've been treason.

A few years back, the infantile Xiaoting had a strange condition. She would often have strange dreams depicting strange, pixelated landscapes with strange, color-coded, pixelated people, building and creatures. Upon waking up she would end up very tired and sleepy, causing her to sometimes oversleep much to her parent's irritation. Xiaoting would also complain of odd sensations similar to phantom pain after waking up from her dreams. Her disconcerted parents took her to a neurologist, whom after diagnosis, strangely referred her to 307 Hospital in Beijing.

There, it was revealed to her parents that she was a cyberpath, a human with computer-like brain and consciousness. The doctors and Xiaoting's parents agreed to keep it a secret from her until her 15th birthday. From then on, they imparted Xiaoting as much knowledge and information they have with the best of their abilities, her computer-like brain absorbing them like a sponge. She also taught herself,making her more advanced than her contemporaries.

When Xiaoting was five, she was already a precocious child, albeit a troublesome one. Her curiosity and whimsy has often more so or not, gotten her in some exasperating situations, such as getting in places or even fighting with other toddlers, the reason often standing up and/or defending someone from a bully. One time, she punched a bully after he ruined a friend's project so hard, his nose bled. She risked expulsion because she had already multiple cases such as this, but due to her parents was somewhat saved.

However, she was still having strange dreams, and it was bothering her greatly. Thus decided upon herself to find out the cause, stumbling upon her medical infant and early toddler medical records she still didn't quite understand yet at the time. When young Xiaoting asked her parents if her brain had something wrong, her parents bluntly replied that she had a special brain and was born a prodigy. She believed this until she was twelve, where at this point, was intelligent enough to be admitted in college and was getting really good at computers. Stumbling upon her medical records online through sheer curiosity regarding her strange dreams as well as whim, she prematurely learned the truth. Frustrated she confronted her parents and stormed out of the house after a heated argument.

She stayed on the streets of Harbin for three days before going home. What made her go home was an incident involving three assailants and an alleyway chase. At the end of the alley, in a fit of fear and panic, one of the assailants was struck by an empty sedan after Xiaoting touched it. Xiaoting went home, recognizing and accepting her nature as a cyberpath, and reconciled with her parents. It was also that time that she stopped having strange dreams, or entering cyberspace by accident. As years passed, she became the top student in all schools she attended from grade school to high school, albeit still being troublesome. However, she was not all brains, as she joined school basketball teams in her middle school and high school. As a valedictorian, she was offered by the Tsinghua University an enrollment and scholarship offer. Xiaoting promptly accepted and took an IT degree at Tsinghua.

Upon her freshman year at Tsinghua, her programming skills were quickly noticed by her colleagues and PLA Unit 61398 offered her on-the-job training as early as her freshman years, albeit a confidential one. Every summer and semestral breaks throughout her college years she would spend her time in Shanghai to train with Unit 61398, even participating in cyber-terrorist and cyber-theft operations towards NATO powers, India, conglomerates and meta-human organizations worldwide, as well as training her cyberpathic skills. This is where she made a name for herself, earning her alias the 'Grand Chariot', known for the speed, severity and shock value of her attacks, like a war chariot. After her graduation she was immediately assigned to the newly-formed PLA Unit 61666 in Hongkong, a cyber-warfare unit of fellow cyberpaths from China and other allied countries, engaging in conventional and ability-based hacking in the name of China's interests.

Within a span of a few years, PLA Unit 61666 had inflicted nearly a trillion dollars worth in trade, technological and information secrets from various sources worldwide. Furthermore, the unit had an edge compared to fellow conventional cyber-warfare units due to their HUMINT capabilities, stealing info and hacking devices from their environment through discreet tactile contact. After a while however, Xiaoting grew bored. Then one day, a Global Shield agent approached her in a swanky Hongkong nightclub and offered her a deal of a lifetime. While she already knew that she was being observed, little did she know that her naive, ego-obsessed and thrill-seeking personality was exploited in the deal-making. Without thinking of the repercussions, she accepted the deal and handed juicy info to the agent through her signature concealment method: embedding a flash disk deep inside a tire. After an incident involving evading PLA snipers and Chinese metahuman agents, she arrived safely at San Francisco with her gear, ample currency, a South Korean passport and a new identity: Han Drake.

It only occurred to Drake after a few weeks in San Francisco that she had committed counter-espionage and treason against her homeland. Now she knew very well of the repercussions, should she go back to mainland China, she'd be dead. But it was too late, she had already escaped Unit 61666, which had considered a family, China, and her own family in Harbin for good. Now, she is truly regretting the price of her actions. However, just as she thought she was safe, as she is filing her application to Global Shield online, Ministry of State Security (MSS) agents disguised as Triad members broke into her apartment and held her hostage. The MSS agents demanded her sensitive info she gave to Global Shield, but Drake refused. Utilizing her cyberpathic abilities by disrupting their earpieces, she escaped and killed some of her would-be captors and assassins, hiding in and using the streets as her refuge.

Drake then fled to Southeast Asia after the incident in San Francisco, ending up and seeking refuge in Manila by smuggling herself in a cargo ship. She managed to bring a few things with her, including her Alienware laptop (which she bought back at the US) and firearms. There, she worked several odd jobs before getting involved in a group of local cyber criminals, intent on pulling the largest credit card fraud in the Philippines. Lending her expertise and powers to the group, the plan almost went off without a hitch, then things went south.

A fellow cyberpath. Entering cyberspace, she tried to pursue the interloper, but it was too late. Deducing that the he/she had informed the police, with the police themselves coming any time soon, Drake exited cyberspace and attempted to escape from their hideout, utilizing snaking alleyways and dense human traffic to shake off her would-be captors despite her weakened state. When she thought she had finally shaken off the police, she was greeted by a patrol vehicle and promptly surrendered to the police. If it weren't for that damned vigilante, they would have stolen approximately 2 billion dollars in one heist.

After a few months in jail, she was bailed by an anonymous benefactor and deported back to South Korea thanks to her passport. Had she been deported back to China, it would've been catastrophic. For a little while, she laid low in Busan, "retiring" from hacking and finding herself a job as a restaurant janitor, where she found a flash drive inside her very own concealment method containing an invitation from Phoenix Academy. The Academy had keeping tabs on her since Unit 61398. Furthermore it now made sense: she was supposed to be in jail for three years, and an Academy asset had bailed her out for reasons that required her expertise and abilities.

Just when she thought she could finally "retire" from hacking once and for all, Drake herself figured that she was still young, and a lot of exciting opportunities were waiting for her. With no further hesitation, she accepted the Academy's invitation and opened herself a horizon of a fresh restart and possibilities.

#VPApp

Phew, it's finally done. :blush:

Update: Removed the Spider-Weaving Gauntlets for balancing purposes.
Last edited by Darasthia on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:22 am

Tag.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:24 am

Lunas Legion wrote:Yeah, I can vouch for NAI. ME:F bros unite.

And Discord is for when your app is accepted, Forest TGs out invites I think. Also I approve of the flag, muh Tarot.

Thanks Legion, but I think for now, I'll let this one pass me by.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:41 am

North America Inc wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Yeah, I can vouch for NAI. ME:F bros unite.

Thanks Legion, but I think for now, I'll let this one pass me by.

Ouch. Well, if you want to come back, feel free. We're a pretty good bunch of people.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:56 pm

Yet I see no discord
Where is discord?

It's mainly to keep stalkers out (yes that's a thing that happened), I'll get you the link.
Darasthia wrote:snip

Looks like a good app. It's interesting to see someone from China, considering China plays a very large role in the world of this RP.

I will say, however, that we have bad experiences with electronics/hacking based powers so, while this one doesn't need to be changed too significantly, the SWAGs shouldn't be a thing. She should only be able to use her ability in close range, not remotely.
don't tread on me

Darasthia
Secretary

Founded: Aug 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Darasthia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:13 pm

Forest State wrote:
Yet I see no discord
Where is discord?

It's mainly to keep stalkers out (yes that's a thing that happened), I'll get you the link.
Darasthia wrote:snip

Looks like a good app. It's interesting to see someone from China, considering China plays a very large role in the world of this RP.

I will say, however, that we have bad experiences with electronics/hacking based powers so, while this one doesn't need to be changed too significantly, the SWAGs shouldn't be a thing. She should only be able to use her ability in close range, not remotely.

Oh, that kinda sucks. :( No problems though, I'll change up the app. Thanks for the feedback! :blush:

Update: I've made edits on the app, removed the SWAGs.
Last edited by Darasthia on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vulkata II
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkata II » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Forest State wrote:

Noted OP, but here's the thing though.

Like I asked before, I'm thinking of creating a character that is much more of a backline person, trying to utilize everyone from personal experiences with them and their powers but he admires some commanders too much, one of them is Rommel. Because of that he dresses up like a commander(the more I think about it the more I want to shoot myself)and is inspired to become one.

I planned to make him unlikable though due to his interest too. Also he's just a Wehraboo, he doesn't speak German at all whatsoever.

Just saying this before I make an ass of myself and waste everyone's time.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -George Patton

He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future. -Adolf Hitler

Part of the American dream is to live long and die young. Only those Americans who are willing to die for their country are fit to live. -General MacArthur
The player is currently:Clear|Busy
Great Tawil wrote:The thing is I hate fighting. I just wanna draw flags and make friends

_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse