NATION

PASSWORD

DRAFT: Our or not our problem?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Argentinstan
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

DRAFT: Our or not our problem?

Postby Argentinstan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:14 pm

[title]Our or not our problem?

[description]A passenger airliner registered in Maxtopia just went down in @@NAME@@ and a foreign terrorist group known for plane downings and hijackings in Blackacre has taken credit. Your ministers and advisers have organized an emergency meeting on the very issue of how to handle the attack on the nation.

[validity]Airplane travel legal

[option]"This is a very serious attack on @@NAME@@ and our security measures," states your Minister of Justice, @@RANDOMNAME@@, "I propose that we immediately bring the perpetrating terrorists through extradition to justice in @@NAME@@'s courts. My office will immediately begin proceedings to extradite the terrorist scum to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of what @@NAME@@'s laws allow at your order @@LEADER@@."
[effect]@@NAME@@ is known to be the most humane in punishing terrorists

[option]"WE NEED TO GO FURTHER THAN THAT!" pounds your Minister of Defense, @@RANDOMNAME@@, "we need to show @@REGION@@ that @@NAME@@ will not stand for terrorist attacks and any other form of attack. No time to waste with Blackacre, they're probably partnering with those terrorist scum, @@LEADER@@, we need to organize a full-scale invasion of Blackacre! If they resist, we'll send some nukes their way, see how they like that, hah!"
[effect]@@NAME@@ tends to invade any country that it suspects to have terrorists within

[option]"@@LEADER@@," whispers Agent P, "why don't you let me and my team of agents quietly go into Blackacre and retrieve the terrorists for some extrajudicial enhanced interrogation? I am sure we can get to the bottom of this...by making the terrorists quietly go away."
[effect]@@NAME@@'s intelligence agency is an expert at making problems disappear out of thin air

[option]"NO!" shouts Agent @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALE@@, "why should we waste resources trying to take care of these terrorist scum? I'm sure we could let Blackacre handle all of this...let them have free rein with them. It'll save money, time, and precious resources!"
[effect]@@NAME@@ seems to export its judicial system whenever there is a tragic catastrophe from within its borders

[option]Suddently your computer flickers on and a group of militants appears. "Do not dare approach us. Do not dare question us. Do not dare retaliate." The screen flickers off.
[effect]@@NAME@@ is a prime target for terrorist attacks because @@LEADER@@ prefers to turn a blind eye to the atrocities
A United Nations of Earthlings member state. Former Prime Minister.
Embassy Program l Bank of the Atlantic l Air Argentine l Argentinstan City Int'l Airport l Guide to Storefronts l Issues l City/County/State/Territory Websites
Telegram Me

Argentinstan is a constitutional monarchy representative democracy led by King Menem III and President Elijah Turner.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:12 am

We do already have issues that deal with international terrorism and issues that deal with planes and security etc. This would need something of a unique angle.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:29 pm

Focus more on breaching Blackacre's sovereignty, but remeber:
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Return to Got Issues?