NATION

PASSWORD

Royal Commission [VLASDOL|UCB ONLY]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Mioliean Administratus
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Royal Commission [VLASDOL|UCB ONLY]

Postby Mioliean Administratus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:59 pm

The heat in Tades-Tol was unbearable, and as many people wait for the government to do something, some get impatient and take up arms, finding out about this, Sir Philip Shawcross sent two Commissioners, Fitzgerald and Kensington to Bitter Springs, where they will investigate, and hopefully end, this violence.

UCB Foundation
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Awaiting Arrival

Postby UCB Foundation » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Inquisitor Charles II sent two Generals to the closest airport to wait the arrival of the Commissioners. These fine men are General Baldwin, and General Wilkerson. Upon arriving to the airport they had to clear out some small groups of protestors. Ordering their driver to guard the car they head in to wait for them.

Vlasdol
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlasdol » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Eventually, a small plane lands on the airstrip, several Vlasdolian flags and markings show it to be the one they're expecting and the two commissioners step off.
Commissioner Fitzgerald was a tall, clean and bespectacled man, wearing a well-ironed suit and carrying some bags and documentation. His partner, Commissioner Kensington couldn't've been more different, a short man, who was clearly not handling the heat very well, his bright red face, shining with sweat.
Once the protesters disperse, the pair walk through the terminal, attracting strange looks, people in the terminal clearly not accustomed to seeing the very fair-skinned, untanned gentlemen. They make their way over toward the two generals, considering they were quite clearly the people that were picking him up. Fitzgerald extended his hand for a shake.
IC alignments:
Modern (Mary IV): Lawful Good
Modern (Emily): Lawful neutral
1916: Lawful Good
Modern (Michael/Riley): Lawful Neutral-Evil
Leader: Her Majesty, Mary IV, By the Grace of God, Queen of Vlasdol, Defender of the Faith
Pros: Liberty, Egality, Fraternity, Justice, Peaceful protest (satygraha), the Protestant church, military strength, diplomacy, espionage, neo-imperialism
Anti: Oppression, violent protest, preemptive warfare, murderous imperialism

UCB Foundation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby UCB Foundation » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:15 am

General Baldwin, a tall slender man, takes Fitzgerald's handshake. "Welcome to Todes-Tal gentlemen. Before we set off to the palace would you like a glass of ice water?" Wilkerson standing to his right offers a tray full of glasses of water. "Oh yes I forgot to mention Wilkerson here doesn't talk much."

Vlasdol
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vlasdol » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:30 pm

Kensington laughed a little and the two commissioners each took a glass. After they both had a drink, Kensington started to speak, he had a gruff voice with a thick highlands accent.
"Not a worry, Fitzgerald here barely says a word either! I'm Commissioner Kensington, of the Ministry of Justice. It's pretty hot here, huh!"
IC alignments:
Leader: Her Majesty, Mary IV, By the Grace of God, Queen of Vlasdol, Defender of the Faith
Pros: Liberty, Egality, Fraternity, Justice, Peaceful protest (satygraha), the Protestant church, military strength, diplomacy, espionage, neo-imperialism

UCB Foundation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby UCB Foundation » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Baldwin smiles, "Yes it does get pretty hot here. Night time isn't too bad. Now if your all refreshed you can follow us." Baldwin and Wilkerson guides the two Commissioners to the car parked out front. Wilkerson climbs into the front seat and Baldwin holds the door open for the Commissioners. After all settle in they head back into Bitter Springs and to the Imperial Palace.

Vlasdol
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vlasdol » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:32 pm

Whilst in the car ride, Fitzgerald was looking out the window, while his shorter companion was looking through the various files and letter patents. He looks up at the generals in front of him.
"So, whats the law on concealed firearms here?"
IC alignments:

UCB Foundation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby UCB Foundation » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:37 pm

Baldwin thinks for a second, "Citizens are allowed to carry firearms on there person while its concealed. Citizens who paid an extra rate for their license can carry them openly. The only catch for allowing this is your not allowed to carry in your hand openly."

Vlasdol
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vlasdol » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Kensington nods, then has a further look through the files.
"There's a name that comes up quite a bit, a particular 'Captain Riley,' would we be able to speak to him?" Fitzgerald lightly hits his partner's arm "-After this meeting, of course."
IC alignments:

UCB Foundation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby UCB Foundation » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Baldwin looks at Wilkerson for a moment. "Yes I believe you can speak to them after this meeting. He might be off duty but we'll find him for you."

Vlasdol
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vlasdol » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Kensington nods again. "It's appreciated... So how far away is it?"
IC alignments:

UCB Foundation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby UCB Foundation » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:01 pm

The driver pipes up, "Two more minutes we just entered the city limits." He guides the car onto a drive way that passes through gates that lead up to the palace. "I would start getting ready to get out soon."
"Thank you Captain.", replies Baldwin putting his military cap on.

Vlasdol
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vlasdol » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:04 pm

The two Anglos fix their ties and cuff-links, in a clearly rehearsed motion thats been carefully choreographed.
This time, it was Fitzgerald who spoke, "Thank you, gentlemen."
IC alignments:

UCB Foundation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby UCB Foundation » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:12 pm

Wilkerson smiles as he straighten his own tie.
"Its a honor to have a guest here, we thank you."
Baldwin looks half shocked. "Your voice sounds like its doing better today."
The car pulls up to side door of the palace and stops. The Captain hurries out and open the door for the Commissioners and Generals. "The Inquisitor is waiting for you in the meeting room."

Vlasdol
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vlasdol » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:15 pm

After exchanging goodbyes, the two Vlasdolians walk up the steps to the palace, where a mere few days ago, a shootout occurred, which was the very reason they were here.
Eventually, they walk through the doors into the meeting room, where they were to meet Inquisitor Charles II, to discuss this Royal Commission.
IC alignments:

UCB Foundation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby UCB Foundation » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:21 pm

As they enter the great hall they are greeted by the cold air from the air conditioning. A butler guides them to the meeting room where a man in a white suit is waiting for them.
"Welcome my friends I hope the heat didn't bother you too much."

Vlasdol
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vlasdol » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:24 pm

The commissioners walk in and shake hands with the Inquisitor in turn, then Fitzgerald starts to speak.
"We're Commissioners Fitzgerald and Kensington of the Vlasdolian Ministry of Justice on behalf of both The Crown and the Sub-Ministry of International Justice, we're here to assist you with the incarceration of certain... Subversive elements of society, it's a pleasure to meet you."
IC alignments:

UCB Foundation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby UCB Foundation » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:59 pm

"Its a pleasure to meet you as well my friends. I thank you for helping with this matter, its been hard to leave my home for a few days now."

Vlasdol
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vlasdol » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Kensington nods understandingly "We're here to help you with that. What can you tell us about the extremists?"
IC alignments:

UCB Foundation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby UCB Foundation » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:09 pm

"Since I've been away on political matters I've been in the dark until I got back. From all the information I gathered on these extremists are not a group, yet. Intelligence says that some of they are gathering together anyone tired of the government ignoring them. I have to say I feel bad about that, but I couldn't help leaving for awhile. But they crossed the line this time, shooting at my police force." He sighs and sets a folder down on the table. "This contains the locations of several meeting points these extremists are to meet at. I would like you into that. Other than that you have my full trust in your hands to use any kind of force to bring these people down."

Vlasdol
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vlasdol » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:13 pm

The two commissioners exchange glances, it was quite rare that they'd be given so much free rein, that was a privilege only the Cadre could ever really have, regardless, they didn't want to humiliate Vlasdol on an international level, so they graciously accepted the help.
"One more thing," Kensington said, "We would like to speak to the 'Captain Riley' who was at the shootings."
IC alignments:

UCB Foundation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby UCB Foundation » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:16 pm

"Ah yes Captain Riley. I just talked to him before you arrived. He was heading back to the police station to check in on things."

Vlasdol
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vlasdol » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:23 pm

"I guess we'd best head over there now. Thank you very much." The two stand up to leave.
IC alignments:

UCB Foundation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby UCB Foundation » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:24 pm

"Once again thank you. You can find the station on Main Street."

Vlasdol
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vlasdol » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:12 pm

They leave the office and start walking down the street.
While walking down, they say very little to each other, trying to conserve energy in the sweltering heat.
Eventually, they find the station and make their way inside.
IC alignments:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents