NATION

PASSWORD

Villain Protagonist: From Ashes [INACTIVE, DON'T JOIN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:44 am

Forest State wrote:
There are people around whose job it is to find out what powers others have, to be fair.

Danceria wrote:I'm not sure whether or not to have my Elfboi have his power be so subtle he's kicked out for not having one, or naw.

*coughs in Aella*
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:38 am

OP, I got done with my app. I added a power - adaptive mind. I also changed the target area for Rick's main ability and gave him single targets to work with, up to five. As well as adding in that weather-related powers near Rick can also be used for his powers to alter minds. Hope that's all ok.

Is Rick accepted?
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:03 am

Forest State wrote:This doesn't have to be completely scrapped, but it does need changes. Right now, you can effectively replicate whatever powers and do it with little practical downsides and only vague risks. This would work better if there was a set number of powers that she could replicate with her crystals, or rather, a set number of crystals that she could create, and if the selection of crystals was random. As in, every time she used the power, dice would be rolled to see which crystal she gets. It's a compromise to keep her versatile without giving her an easily exploitable power.

What if I added that crystals cannot touch without dissolving or exploding (so she can't just bring a sack of crystals around with her, if you ignore their weight in the first place) and have to be near her to be activated and grow powers, so she can't just have warehouses of crystals constantly growing? She already can't mix crystal effects on herself without terrible effects of the powers fusing, so that somewhat limits her versatility. Imagine a pyrokinetic without resistance to fire, or super strength without the associated durability to withstand the weight. With the limited carrying capacity, the fact crystal powers have to be defined when they are created, and the inability to layer powers, it should make her have to use power crystals only when she is sure the crystal she is using is one that will stay useful for a while, and not just a counterattack for one single person. It will also ensure she can only bring crystals she reasonably thinks she will need to any given battle, since she can't choose the powers she gets while she is there.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:22 am

Auphelia wrote:
Forest State wrote:This doesn't have to be completely scrapped, but it does need changes. Right now, you can effectively replicate whatever powers and do it with little practical downsides and only vague risks. This would work better if there was a set number of powers that she could replicate with her crystals, or rather, a set number of crystals that she could create, and if the selection of crystals was random. As in, every time she used the power, dice would be rolled to see which crystal she gets. It's a compromise to keep her versatile without giving her an easily exploitable power.

What if I added that crystals cannot touch without dissolving or exploding (so she can't just bring a sack of crystals around with her, if you ignore their weight in the first place) and have to be near her to be activated and grow powers, so she can't just have warehouses of crystals constantly growing? She already can't mix crystal effects on herself without terrible effects of the powers fusing, so that somewhat limits her versatility. Imagine a pyrokinetic without resistance to fire, or super strength without the associated durability to withstand the weight. With the limited carrying capacity, the fact crystal powers have to be defined when they are created, and the inability to layer powers, it should make her have to use power crystals only when she is sure the crystal she is using is one that will stay useful for a while, and not just a counterattack for one single person. It will also ensure she can only bring crystals she reasonably thinks she will need to any given battle, since she can't choose the powers she gets while she is there.

There's a number of fairly simple ways around that the crystals can't touch one another, namely any form of barrier between them. If you want to go with that, make it proximity rather than contact so she's limited in the number of crystals that can be carried by the simple law of she can only carry so many before they get too close.

Otherwise, I'd say there does need to be a limit on the powers she can get from her crystals so that she's not too guilty of Swiss-Army-Knife-ism, but I'll wait for Forest to post thoughts before I post anything more on the matter.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:34 pm

I'll tag this, but I have no idea if I'll have time to properly go into this so...err...I might just watch?
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:31 pm

Roster post will be up today, everyone.

Talchyon wrote:snip

Accepted.
Lunas Legion wrote:snip

Yeah, the app needs limits like the ones that are suggested or it won't be accepted, it's just too strong otherwise.
Last edited by Forest State on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
don't tread on me

Skaldia
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:14 pm

PHOENIX ACADEMY: SECTION B APPLICATION

VITALS

Name: Rykanos Au'valo
Species: Cyenthan/Demon
Nickname/Alias: Fury
Appearance:

Build: 6'9 (2.1m) and 260 lbs (117.9kg)

Primary Ability: Rykanos' birth was deliberate, an attempt to make a warrior slave for the Au'valo Clan. Their plans were dashed as soon as Rykanos' powers manifested, but they were successful in bringing about Rykanos. They would be proud of the warrior they made..

Super Strength: Rykanos is able to lift up to six tons, almost as heavy as an African bull elephant. This is max weight lifting capability and can only do this a few times before he becomes exhausted.
Enhanced Reflexes: Rykanos can catch a cobra in mid-strike which is about as fast as moving 10-15 mph in a short burst. While capable of doing this in bursts that are more instinctual than controlled, he cannot move continuously at this speed.
Hardened Skin: Rykanos' skin resists knives and small calibre rounds. However, large calibre rounds can punch through his dermis and cause as much damage as they would in a normal being.

Other Abilities:

Will of a Giant: Even when wounded and barely holding on, Rykanos will keep crawling forward when most would have broke and fell apart. While this titanic will has enabled him to survive in situations where someone else would be dead, it has come with costs.
Melee Weapon Proficiency: Due in part to training and his particular birth, Rykanos has an affinity for bladed or blunt instruments of combat, and is a master of the spear and other long-hafted weapons.

Power Drawbacks: The Rage: The longer Rykanos is engaged in combat, the more of his reasoning and higher levels of thinking fall away until he goes in to a rage where he will strike out at allies as well as the enemy. The time it takes to reach the moment varies with the intensity of the fight. Rykanos' skin might resist being penetrated but he can still succumb to blunt force trauma and gunshots still can cause internal damage past his dermis or break his bones. Rykanos is also susceptible to mental attacks as well as being weak against attacks that rely on the elements or magic.
Scars: Rykanos is a patchwork of scars and improperly healed bones. These former wounds still cause a tremendous amount of pain for him, to where it feels like he's an old man with rheumatoid arthritis rather than just twenty three years old.

Equipment: Rykanos' main weapon is a nine foot double-bladed polearm nicknamed Wrath. He's known to also carry a bewildering assortment of knives, axes, daggers, and other edged weapons.

DETAILS

Nationality: Canadian
Hometown: Dawson City
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Biggest Flaw: Rykanos feels cursed by his birth and the demonic blood coursing through his bloodstream. For this reason, he finds it difficult to allow anyone to get too close to him.

Alcohol addiction: Rykanos is a lover of quality whisky and it’s become an addiction of his. While it’s not yet detrimental to his health this is only because he doesn’t drink the substance in large quantities, stating his fondness to the drink is because of its taste rather than the effects. Even still he first realised he had a problem as he began to start drinking early after waking and with almost every meal. The nail really hit home when he was found pouring a drink directly after getting out of bed and didn’t realise until his present company asked him what he thought he was doing. Despite acknowledging the problem Rykanos doesn’t plan to do anything about it.

Gambling addiction: Rykanos claims he has nothing of the sort, capable to quit the hobby whenever he wants, he just simply chooses to constantly play games of chance as they "make the little bores in life more entertaining". Rykanos has a habit of making a bet out of everything, most of the time in jest, but if taken up on it he will turn the bout into a serious wager for coin.
Main Skills: Rykanos, due to where he was born, is a survival expert, particularly in cold weather environments. While he knows how to use pistols and other ranged weapons, his affinity is for bladed weapons, particularly polearms. Rykanos has an eidetic memory that has helped him tremendously in card games an ear for languages, able to speak several fluently and with excessive amounts of cursing.

Personality:
“Come then, boy! I'll have you and your girlfriends! Can you not smell where I've been? No?! Well then, six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, fuck off...”

Rykanos is a gambler. That’s all there is to it really, as many of his personality traits are thrown around with the weight that word carries with it. He likes his drink, he likes his women, and he enjoys all the pleasantries that societies laws would not let him have; if he stayed on the right side of the law. He’s an opportunist and a jackass, exploiting people's moments of weakness for all he can bleed from them. Once he has used someone for long enough he'll move onto the next area where he can find a means to support his life. He's a symbiot in essence; he needs other people in order to sustain his own way of living, having no stable income of his own. This isn't to say he's a parasite, after all while grounded for any length of time he will try to help his partners as much as he can for the kindness they show him. Once the supplies from the surrounding area start to drain low, he'll move on and give the area time to recover.

Like all those that were born in his lineage before him, he shares a love for life and a love of nature, although in Rykanos these traits are more perverted than the serene sensibilities of his forefathers. He has a love for the wiles of the feminine grace, albeit this love is less committed and more materialistic in nature; a transaction rather than a personal scenario. As a habit he likes to make everything in life a case of long odds and ratio’s, he’ll gamble on anything and everything from real life situations to little games of chance, turning everything into a wager so that he can bet on the situation in question. This isn't just a source of income for him however, but another means of joy, the chance to test the fates for double or nothing.

While Rykanos is a man of morals, it could be argued that these are far and few between, as he'll generally screw over anybody outside of his own social circles; not maliciously but should he need to. He’ll stick to his own judgement of fair, preferably stealing from the rich rather than the poor and always starting his gambling on a level playing field. This doesn’t mean that Rykanos will keep the odds that way though, often changing the stakes and cheating when the odds start turning against his favour; opting to win every time in any situation. He’ll take the clothes off your back, the woman from your arm and the pillow underneath your head; all the while making it seem like fair game. Really he’s quite ruthless but he only acts this way to sustain his own survival on the streets.

Rykanos shies away from his noble lineage but he doesn't reject it. He isn’t so much the discarded black sheep of the family but rather the son that goes unspoken. He often tries to bring himself across as being Cynethan instead, disguising his demonic traits and acting far less demonic than his demonic kin. It is because of this he can at times exaggerate his arrogance and incompetence in order to dumb down to play the part, while actually being fairly intelligent and capable. Over a long enough time frame this eventually leads to the man shocking his companions as he stops fooling around and reveals himself to be more able than he has let on. Rykanos isn’t a necessarily a bad person; he just finds enjoyment in things society frowns upon and then sometimes funds these ventures with less than legal fare.

Biography: "The Au'valo Clan were a minor noble family from the Kingdoms that came down with the other Earthborn. Not so much because they disagreed with their counterparts on Cyentha, but because of their practices of summoning demons and bounding them to their will. They were obsessed with learning how to make a more martial, powerful Cyenthan. And the obsession continued with my father, Lord Nyxao of Clan Au'valo. He was the one that had the insane idea that ended up with me."

Rykanos downs another shot and waits for another one to be poured before he continues.

"My brothers and sisters that had come before me had ended up being disappointments. Yes, they were capable warriors one and all, but not to the level of power that Nyxao wanted. He wanted a God. A God enslaved to the Clan. And so, in his arrogance, he summoned Mar'zar'kan, the Lord of Annihilation. In exchange for a price I wasn't made privy to no matter how often I asked, Nyxao allowed this thing to climb on top of my mom and breed her like a sow. The act broke whatever sanity was left to my mother, but it was successful. Nine months later, I came around."

Rykanos downs the shot. Instead of asking for another, he taps out a cigarette from his pack and lights it with a bic. Taking a few heavy drags, he fixes those unnatural red eyes on me and gives me a smile that could have frozen the blood in my veins.

"Right from the jump I wasn't normal. And my family knew it. I grew up quickly for one and, before I was three, Nyxao had me practicing with knife and blade, testing me in ways a child shouldn't be treated. Beating me mercilessly if I failed in anything he tested me in."He shrugs,"I can't fault him for everything. And, despite my treatment, I came to love the majesty of the mountains and the feel of the cold on my flesh." He takes another drag on his cigarette and motions to the barkeep for another shot. Despite having been drinking all night, he seemed to be completely unfazed by the alcohol.

"The bastard had me kill my brother when I was eleven. He had failed at something my father had wanted him to do and had charged me to end him. Knowing if I didn't he would kill me, I crept up to my brother's room and crushed his skull with his baseball bat." Rykanos' face loses color and for the first time that night he looked like he might be starting to feel the effects of so much alcohol. Instead, he shakes his head, takes a sip of the whiskey and looks back at me."I determined right then and there to get out of there. And so, six hellish years later, I ran away." He laughs and shakes his head."Here I am, a seventeen year old boy, and I'm running through the mountains with a pack on my back. And fuck me if I didn't make it."

"I made my way down to Vancouver and took up shop making money by gambling. I also got noticed by a local merc crew after I screwed their boss out of a big payday in a card game. When they went to exact their revenge, I killed two of them and was about to do in their boss when we offered me a job." He chuckles and finishes the rest of the whiskey and putting out the cigarette. The cigarette is barely out before he's lighting another one and dragging on it like he's been suffocating.

"Four years I worked for Vostova and his crew. Good money, good women, good drink. When not working, I gambled the money away. It was just after I turned twenty one when my sister found me." He sighs and looks at the shot glass, running his finger along the rim slowly."She'd be sent to find me; apparently finding me had become a big deal to the Clan. She said if I didn't go with her, she was instructed to kill me." He smirks and, when he looks back at me, there's tears in his eyes."What kind of fucked up shit is that?! She used to slip me candy when my father wasn't looking. Read me bedtime stories! And here she was, telling me she would cut my throat and bring my head to my father as proof."

He shoots down the shot and shudders,"Now, that I'm older, I know she didn't have a choice really. If she hadn't killed me and went back to my father, he would have killed her. I should have known..." He closes his eyes and opens them to look back at me."We fought and she fucked me up. She was fast! But, just as she was about to kill me, she hesitated. That moment, I cut her throat and watched her life flee. I held her in the dark alley and wept until I felt all of it drain away from me." When the barkeep comes back around, Rykanos takes the bottle. Glaring at him, the barkeep stumbles away and Rykanos takes a long pull from the bottle before slamming it down on the table.

"I knew right then and there I needed to disappear. I cut ties with Vostova and hopped the first plane out of there. Ended up in Hong Kong, bouncing from one den to the next, fighting a little here, gambling there to earn some money for drink and whoring. A couple of times the Clan got close to me. Each time closer than the last. It was in Shanghai when I heard tales of a place called Phoenix Atoll. And fuck me, if that place can't keep the Clan out, I might as well hand my head over to my dear old dad now and call it a night."

#VPApp
Last edited by Skaldia on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
||Empty||
||“The lesson of history is that no one learns.”
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||
||“Chaos needs no allies, for it dwells like a poison in every one of us.”

TG for Discord

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:05 pm

Skaldia wrote:-a big guy...-

If accepted, care to have a buddy to have helped you out to go to Earth until we parted ways?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:08 pm

Danceria wrote:
Skaldia wrote:-a big guy...-

If accepted, care to have a buddy to have helped you out to go to Earth until we parted ways?

Rykanos is an Earthborn Cyenthan. Have you got an app up yet?
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:41 pm

Skaldia wrote:
Danceria wrote:If accepted, care to have a buddy to have helped you out to go to Earth until we parted ways?

No, I'm thinking of my guy being from the Democratic side of Cyentha, but the two bonded over breaking out.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 am

Danceria wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

No, I'm thinking of my guy being from the Democratic side of Cyentha, but the two bonded over breaking out.

Can still have your character set up as escaping. The fact they both "escaped" from their respective locations can still be a bonding experience.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Darasthia
Secretary

Founded: Aug 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Darasthia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:20 am

please refer to my new post for app. :D
Last edited by Darasthia on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:00 am, edited 4 times in total.

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:30 am

Darasthia wrote:-snip-

Like her pic
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:49 am

Can I create a teacher and two students, or are teachers banned.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:55 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Can I create a teacher and two students, or are teachers banned.

Staff isn't allowed but you can have multiple student characters.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:57 am

Skaldia wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Can I create a teacher and two students, or are teachers banned.

Sure. I did have a good idea for staff, like an old villain who was starting to become passed his prime who nevertheless still thinks it's a good idea to go off on self-directed solo missions and is just returning from one, after about 3 years of non-contact.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:58 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

Sure. I did have a good idea for staff, like an old villain who was starting to become passed his prime who nevertheless still thinks it's a good idea to go off on self-directed solo missions and is just returning from one, after about 3 years of non-contact.

Eh, you can shoot a TG to Forest (the OP) about it but I doubt he'd go for it.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:06 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

You’re not getting accepted because I personally find you impossible to work with at times and know that you’ll pick some hill to die on over the course of the RP.

With that being said, I’ll look over the other apps later this afternoon when I have time.
don't tread on me

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

WIP

Postby Auphelia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:29 am

VITALS

Name: Katherine Day
Species: Human
Nickname/Alias: Iron Maiden
Appearance:

Build: (You can include height and weight here.)

Primary Ability:
Metal Generation - Katherine's power allows her to create metal objects like blades, beams, sheets, tubes, spears, and needles, which extend from solid surfaces around her. She can summon a large amount of material into existence without regard for the conservation of mass, even if the surface she is creating the metal from is not metallic. The larger and farther away the object she is creating is, the longer it takes to come out, with closer and smaller objects far easier and quicker to create.

Other Abilities: She is capable of moving the metal she creates around, though only the smaller objects, no more total than twice the size of her body. She cannot move them too quickly, slightly slower than running speed, and they can only travel within 15 metres of her.

She can also control any metal that is close to touching her and a small area of the surrounding metals.

Power Drawbacks:
- She can only generate metal in her line of sight.
- If she tries to speed up the creation of larger objects, she becomes extremely tired to the point of instant sleep. She can postpone this, but it is dangerous to do so as the exhaustion will continue to build up until she decides to release it or it grows too much and releases in one large burst. In the past this has led to multiple broken bones, a ruptured spleen, severe concussions, and even a heart attack. Each time she has survived, but she is in relatively poor health as a result.
- She cannot generate metal from organic objects, making her somewhat powerless in natural areas like forests or parks. This also prevents her from creating metal from other people. This does not apply to processed, dead natural items like wooden furniture or houses.
- She can create intricate designs of interconnected metal spikes and rods, but cannot create things like guns or cannons, as they are too complex.
- Her metallic constructs begin to melt away after thirty minutes if she does not focus energy on maintaining them.
- Any object she detaches to move around only lasts from 3 to 5 minutes before gradually melting away, unless she is directly touching it.
- Her control of metals not generated by her is relatively slow, allowing her to do thinks like pass through metal bars, but not capable of stopping bullets from hitting her. However, she can do things like removing bullets from wounds.
- She has to remain in one place while she is creating metallic objects.
- Because of the relatively slow rate of metal creation she is rubbish at offensive or guerrilla attacks, but with time to prepare and grow her constructs she can be part of a formidable defence.

Equipment: She always keeps a few needles on her that she uses to create an intricate metallic tapestry of armour. While durable, it does not prevent her from being harmed, only from most bladed and bullet attacks. She will still feel any external forces on the outside of the armour, as she cannot make it solid or rigid to allow her to do necessary things like breath and see, not to mention move.

DETAILS

Nationality: Australian
Hometown: Melbourne
Sexuality: Straight

Biggest Flaw: She is incredibly delicate and weak, and due to injuries sustained from overusing her powers, her health is not very good at all. Something as simple as a small cut can cause her immense pain, and even falling down the wrong way can fracture a bone.
Main Skills: She is a veritable polymath, excluding the maths and sciences. She has learned many languages, read most of the classic works of literature from around the world, and can play the piano, violin, cello, oboe, or harp. Her painting is quite pretty and her sculpting is excellent. She would have made a great artist, writer, musician, diplomat, or even professor had she not decided crime was the way to go.

Personality: Her personality changes on a whim, sometimes easygoing and nice, other times cold and distant. It depends on the mood she is in, and if she likes the people she is interacting with.

Biography: (Should be at least two paragraphs.)

#VPApp
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:28 pm

VITALS

Name: Mariam ‘Mari’ Margaryan
Species: Human
Nickname/Alias: Formerly Trailblazer, none currently.
Appearance:
Image Naturally blonde, dyes her hair purple.

Build: 172cm/5’ 6”, 57kg/8st 9lbs

Primary Ability: Mariam has two powers; the first is a very precise form of precognition which allows her to plot the fastest and most efficient route from Point A to B, with B being a person, place or just about anything really as long as she can name it. The power provides any external knowledge necessary to accomplish this, including passwords, locations of keycards to open doors and knowledge of how to operate any vehicles necessary.

Other Abilities: The second power is a a form of weak but instant super speed, with her being capable of accelerating from nothing to her top speed to 70 or so MPH near-instantly.

Power Drawbacks: Mari’s powers are, ultimately, best geared towards running away and escape; she’s unsuited for drawn-out fights, preferring hit and runs and flanking to pick off weaker opponents.

Equipment: Two CZ Scoprion EVO 3 A1, two tomahawks, grappling hook and rope, ballistic vest, helmet

DETAILS

Nationality: (Armenian-)American
Hometown: Troy, NY
Sexuality: Bisexual

Biggest Flaw: Mari’s a coward when it comes down to it. She’ll run very easily when things start going south unless there’s something even scarier behind her pushing her forwards or her back’s up against a wall of some form.
Main Skills: Mari is fairly good at parkour and freerunning, her power having greatly assisted her in learning both. She’s a decent shot with her SMGs, not good but not bad either with a similar situation existing for her tomahawks.

Personality: Mari is a sullen and dour individual, prone to lengthy bouts of philosophical silence. Oddly for a speedster, she takes everything slowly and carefully, being very methodical, thinking over everything before deciding a course of action. The sole exception is when something causes any form of fight or flight reaction, when she’ll be bolting for the hills without a second thought unless there’s something scarier stopping her.

Biography: Mariam, although she much prefers to be called Mari, is the elder and more notable of the two Margaryan sisters. She was the one with the flashy and exciting powers, the one who learned how to deal with the public relations side of being a hero, the friendly and outgoing one. Her powers were always fairly easy and intuitive for her to use, not requiring much in the name of creativity; she could chase down criminals, track down criminals. It made life easy for her as a hero, and so it was no surprise that she was the more spoiled of the two, although she never realised it.

She traveled around quite a bit with her parents and other superhero groups whenever they went out of state or out of the country to counter major threats where she mostly did search and rescue, being too young and not strong enough to actually assist in the fighting. She never resented that; she'd always been taught that being a hero meant saving people, not simply stopping the bad guy, and she was rather good at search and rescue. She even saved one or two famous heroes once or twice, getting on the news and becoming a bit of a local celebrity. She couldn't go for a day or two without someone asking her for a photo as her identity was quite public, and she often attracted small groups of fans whenever she went out.

She never really realised that Jess was pulling away from her or her family, nor that she was the reason why; she was too distracted, too busy trying to keep up with grades and PR stunts and actual hero-ing. She began to lose sleep, and her social life, already limited, collapsed in on itself over the pressure to try and keep everything together and running smoothly.

So she did the natural thing, she asked for a break. Just a few weeks off, to relax, get her head back together. But her mother refused, saying that ‘heroes didn’t take breaks off since villains never did.’ A fight broke out between them, her father being off in New York for the week, and Mari in a fit of rage used her power. One power-accelerated punch later and she was screaming in pain from a broken hand and wrist while her mother collapsed back on the couch, dead from shock and pain and a broken spine.

In panic, and having literally no idea what to do, she asked Jess for advice, and Jess told her to run so she ran. And she ran to ‘somewhere where I will be safe’. That involved running south along the Eastern Seaboard, breaking into stores for food, houses and hotels for somewhere to sleep, all the while trying to figure out what to do now she was a wanted murderer and at least she’d gotten away from needing to be a hero. But she was too scared to face justice for her actions, and so she kept running, over the border into Mexico, but she didn’t stop there. She made it to Central America, where she fell in with a cartel as a runner, moving drugs or whatever they wanted safely in exchange for payment.

She spent a month or two doing that just to survive, until the Academy picked her up and offered her a place. She accepted, but was noticeably reluctant.

#VPApp

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Skaldia wrote:snip

Lunas Legion wrote:snip

Accepted.
Auphelia wrote:snip

Just one modification is needed... She should only be able to create metal from surfaces that are already metal, not out of nothing.
don't tread on me

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:50 pm

Forest State wrote:Just one modification is needed... She should only be able to create metal from surfaces that are already metal, not out of nothing.

Okay then!

SC #307

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Iron Maiden better not take away Maria's metal equipment when she needs it the most
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:59 pm

Union Princes wrote:Iron Maiden better not take away Maria's metal equipment when she needs it the most

Or Fury's
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Okayanos » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:46 pm

tag
Last edited by Okayanos on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse