NATION

PASSWORD

A Trip to Budapesta (Meillur Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Polonge
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:18 am

Karola tilted her head studying his face. It was terribly sad. He must have truly loved the late Queen Nesaenna. Karola took a sip of her tea and then spoke again.

“Do you really think my niece would be so pragmatic? So calculating?”

Karola paused and addded, “Do you think that you would?”

Great New England Confederation
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:33 am

William sighed, and he said "I don't know, though I wouldn't call it unlikely either" he then had a sad look on his face and said "If it were not for the fact that I am a King, I would likely say no at this point. However, for the sake of the stability of my Kingdom, I may have to"

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:46 am

Karola looked down at her tea, her own image reflecting in the shrinking amount of dark liquid that remained. She thought of some words that she had learned from tutors long ago, though she could not remember who exactly had said the quote.

“A king without an heir is a most precarious position.”

Karola looked up at William, her voice gentle as she felt she had to be around his man. How could she not, for he who had suffered not one but two losses of his wife.

“Without an heir there is no succession, and without succession there is great dangers that loom over your nation. Without an heir there can be no legacy. But you are still human.”

Karola reaches out her hand across the table.

“Sometimes being a royal requires pragmatic decisions. But one should also be satisfied with those decisions don’t you think?”
Last edited by Polonge on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:01 am

William looked at her and said "For the most part, however a royal must also be ready to sacrifice to benefit his country" he then said "as I am ready to do"

He then said "and while it would certainly be nice for it to be a choice I am satisfied with, sometimes that must be one of those sacrifices"

He then held her hand and said "I suppose I will have to make that choice sooner or later, so i don't think that there would be much of a point in delaying the inevitable"
Last edited by Great New England Confederation on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:13 am

Karola tilted her head thoughtfully, looking into his eyes as he took her hand.

“Who says that you can’t be satisfied with benefitting your country? They are not exclusive paths. We could interwine them.”

Karola punctuated her statement by weaving her fingers through his.

“Pragmatic though it may be, sometimes the choice you think must be made regardless of sacrifice is also the choice that you will be happiest with, for it will be the right choice, the only choice you could have made.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:22 am

William gave a sad smile and said "That is true"

He then sighed and said "And I suppose it is possible that I could have a happy relationship again" he then admitted "But it's possible that I may loose it again" he then said "and I don't know if I can take that a third time"

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:29 am

Karola leaned forward with a small smile in reflection of William’s.

“Nothing worth having comes without the fear of losing it. But I do believe could be different than before. Third time’s a charm they say.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:36 am

William realized what she was possibly about to try and do, and he said "It is generally what they say, however what they say is often different from what actually happens"

He didn't move away, over he didn't move closer to her either, cautious about making such a move so soon after Nesaenna's death

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:06 am

Karola didn’t move, she maintained, stayed still and spoke softly.

“God may be our father in Heaven, but this is earth and here we are the masters of our destiny. If you sow sorrow and pain, that is what you shall reap. We can not control everything that we go through or the world around, but we can not hide away from the terrors of the world either. We must strive for what we wish.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:23 am

William nodded, and said "I suppose that is true"

He then said "I suppose giving it another chance wouldn't hurt" he then smiled and asked "And who do you suggest that I try it with"

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:28 am

Karola pulled her hand away with a playful smirk as she inspected her finger nails.

“Well I know this lovely young woman with a passion for the color blue. She might be interested in you.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:33 am

William smiled, and decided to play along. He then said "And what might her name be"

He had to admit, she certainly wasn't bad looking, though he kept his eyes from wandering to check more than her face and hair. He did find himself slightly suspicious, as he felt that she might have been in on the plan, though he didn't have enough information to prove this. His suspicion was well hidden, his eyes showing playful curiosity, and possibly even a hint of hope.
Last edited by Great New England Confederation on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:55 am

Karola smiled. She could see a glint of something in his eyes. For the first time she looked at him, actually looked at him. Perhaps not an Adonis, but he was far from hideous, date she might even say handsome.

“Her name is Maria Carolina Luise Josepha Johanna Antonia von Ungarberg und Lorraine... but her friends call her something a bit easier to say. Karola.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:01 am

William smiled and said "And where might I find this Karola? Because I am very tempted"

Williamknew full well where this was going, but he decided to go along with it anyway, besides, he figured it would be fun.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:12 am

Karola shrugged her shoulders with a seemingly, but clear not, innocent smile.

“I don’t know. You could find her... maybe... at dinner at Százéves Étterem in a private room at say... 8?”

Százéves Étterem was a popular upper class restaurant in the posh Inner city overlooking the Danuj River.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:18 am

William smiled and said "I suppose I will have to go there then, I can't wait to meet her" he then said "unless of course she manages to get a hold of me before then" his voice having a hinting tone in it, as he noticed her smile.

It certainly wasn't a first time out like he had with Nesaenna, but he was appreciating the slower pace, as he felt that her moving faster may have been painful to say the least.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:36 am

Karola clicked her tongue and wagged her finger.

“Oh Your Majesty, don’t you know that patience is a virtue. One is always more delighted with something when they have been made to wait.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:02 pm

William smiled and said "Don't worry, I have patience"

He then thought, and he said "So I will see you there at 8, miss Karola"

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:39 am

Karola stood up with a smile, her fingers coming together with her hands in front of her as her eyes sparkled at the thought. She would be sure to make sure he got the proper directions.

“I certainly hope so. Patience is a virtue, but I loathe waiting. Százéves Étterem. Private room. At 8.”

She winked at him and turned around, leaving the room. Their meeting was over. She had a date to prepare for.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:53 am

8:00

William had arrived, for once he was in a suit, a very nice one, though it wasn't his taste, he. Had done so anyway. However one thing hasn't changed, the composite body armor that was concealed behind it, meant to help keep him alive if he were to be attacked. He didn't exactly know which way to go, but thankfully his eyepiece made that easier for him. He looked around, looking at his watch, hoping that he wouldn't be made to look like a fool.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:13 am

The Manager of Százéves Étterem smiled excitedly, though he tried to hide it as he saw who he’d been informed was the King of New England arrived. Archduchess Maria Karola has arranged everything hours earlier. Karola hadn’t had a reservation months in advance like most of the restaurant’s guests, but she was an Archduchess and a friend of the owner, and they couldn’t dare turn her away.

“Greetings Your Majesty,” the Manager spoke in a low voice and with a bow. “Please, right this way, everything is already prepared for you. We are so happy to have you here.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:20 am

William followed the manager, taking in the sights as he did. It was certainly a fancier place than he was used to, even as a king he retained his more humble tastes. However he was never going to complain about being offered to come to such a restaurant, as he knew it was likely a privilege that not everyone got.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:39 am

The Manager took him to the quiter private room section of the restaurant, where the wealthy and famous often ate in order to get away from the rest of the world. Gentle classical music played Ashe opened the door to reveal a perfectly set room with Karola sitting at the table waiting, wearing a new azure dress with sparkling diamond earrings. She smiled up from her seat at William.

“You clean up nicely. Less of a lamppost, more of a dashing man. And here right on the dot.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:51 am

William smiled and said "I try, however sadly armor isn't meant to look good" he then said "But thankfully I do know a sense of style"

He sat across from her and said "You look lovely" however he kept his eyes from wandering. He did however admire her outfit as much as he could without accidentally ogling too much.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:12 am

Karola smiled, happy to see his eyes wander, but not too much. Few men seemed to know the right balance of admiration and a fixation.

“You are too kind.”

The manager silently ordered a waiter to place down two glasses of water. Karola spoke as if they weren’t there.

“Do forgive my insistence on it being in a private room, but you know how the press can be when it comes to Royals, every step is something they are willing to write an eight page article about.”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates