NATION

PASSWORD

A Trip to Budapesta (Meillur Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Great New England Confederation
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

A Trip to Budapesta (Meillur Only)

Postby Great New England Confederation » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:59 pm

The flight to Budapesta had been noneventful, something that had become quite the norm for the King of New England. William had been invited to Budapesta by Maria Christina, the reason had been diplomatic and League of Harmony matters, however he had an inkling of a feeling that there was something else behind it. However he had obliged, seeing the opportunity to potentially increase relations with Polonge even further, as well as even make trade deals, among other things. While William knew he should be happy about it, he was very much in a bad mood, he had recently lost his wife, Queen Nesaenna, in a bombing. The kids had deeply grieved him, and indeed he was still heavily impacted by the shock and emotion of the loss of his beloved wife, and their unborn child.

William was now walking up the steps of the Bleda Palace, towards the door, walking aside him was Company Commander Issiah Wissiak, a member of the Stellar Vanguard Corps who towered over the King at 9'2", and wore the standard suit of Mk.V armor, his helmet hanging from his belt. William had no idea what to expect as he approached the door, only fate would decide how this trip would play out.

Polonge
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:23 pm

Archduchess Maria Karola, known affectionately as Karola stood in the anteroom of the palace as the servants opened the doors for King William and his companion. Karola stood in a brilliant blue dress, they called her the Blue Archduchess because of her adoration of the color and it being virtually exclusive in her wardrobe. Karola widowed from a marriage that was better off dead, had been summoned by her niece, Empress Maria Christina to Bleda Palace. Then, as soon as Karola had arrived, Maria Christina had announced that she had some urgent business to tend to in Berlin and left, among Karola to entertain King William of New England until her return. Not a particularly difficult task for Karola, so she’d readily agreed.

As King William was announced, Karola gave a prepared polite smile.

“Your Majesty, It is a pleasure to meet you, welcome to Bledapestra.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:55 am

King William entered the anteroom, and he said "Thank you, I look forward to my time here"

William wore a different variation of the normal ceremonial uniform he wore, this time he wore a suit of power armor, though much lighter and more decorative than the thick armor of the Vanguard that accompanied him. He also had a field-sword hanging in a decorative scabbard from his belt. He had originally been against the idea, but his advisor, the Vanguard that now accompanied him, had suggested the additional protective measure in case of any attempts on his life, a very real threat given recent circumstances. While the armor was decorative, it wasn't overly so, and most of the colors were humble blues and greens, with the occasional touch of gold.

Williams Mk.3 Personal Power Armor

Williams face gave a hint of the sadness and mourning that he was going through, but he did not let it take precedence. His face instead have mostly a calm look.
Last edited by Great New England Confederation on Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:58 am

Karola has to bit her tongue a bit as the King of New England walked in in his ceremonial armor. She couldn’t laugh, not when his man was still mourning his late wife, but she found the suit so humorous, while she was sure it was functional as armor, it made him look like a decorative lamppost.

Karola curtsied to the King. She could see his calm demeanor, as if he were bored. She tried to lighten the mood.

“Her Imperial Majesty had some urgent business to attend to and she expresses her great sorrow in being delayed in meeting you, but have no fear I am a great host. Please, won’t you accompany me to the Turquoise Cabinet, it’s my favorite room and we can enjoy some tea if you wish.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:53 am

William nodded and said "That would be acceptable, and some tea would certainly not go unappreciated."

William then said "I do apologize for the armor, my advisors believed it to be a temporary necessity following the attack that killed the queen, if it would be desirable I can change before beginning our talks"

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:13 am

Karola nodded in relief at the King willing to change out of the armor. She wasn’t sure if she would otherwise be able to take the lamppost King seriously.

“Bleda Palace is one of the safest places in the world Your Majesty, I can assure you that within these walls you are protected from many danger. If you do so wish to change into something a bit less... armored, you may use of one of the spare rooms. There is one just up stairs, on the way to the Turquoise Cabinet. I can take you there while tea is prepared.”

Karola gestured King William forward, leading him down the Grand gothic and baroque style halls of the ancient palace to one of the rooms for him to change in. Meanwhile a maid had gone off to make some tea for the two of them.
Last edited by Polonge on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:29 am

William followed her, and said "thank you" once they reached the room. He went inside, not bothering to close the door, feeling that it would be unnecessary, and he undid the straps of the armor plate, and removing it, revealing the uniform underneath. When he was done removing the armor he carefully organized it and placed it somewhere he would remember it. He then came out of the room.

His uniform was a dark blue, almost black color, and held to the style of the current New England officers uniform. It was well cleaned and kept, even after having been inside the power armor. However he had placed the field-sword back on his belt, refusing to part with the mostly ceremonial weapon. He then said "Now that this matter is sorted, we can resume with the matter at hand"

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:07 am

Karola admired the blade on William’s belt. She wasn’t one of those weapon junkies who drooled over swords and guns or anything like that, but she could appreciate the sleek and stylish design of the blade. Karola smiled, looking up at William, she was 5’10” so only about six inches shorter than the tall man.

“Yes, the matter at hand...”

Karola said as she turned around lead William into the turquoise cabinet, lovely sitting room. In the center a table with two chairs on either side had been prepared with tea and plates of kakaós csigák, cinnamon covered rolls. Karola sat down, gesturing for him to do the same as a maid pour them tea.

“I assume there was some diplomatic reasoning for your visit here. Please, have a seat.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:20 am

William nodded and said "I assume such would be the case" he sat down across from her and then said "I assumed that it would possibly be League of Harmony matters, but I wasn't informed on what would be discussed"

He couldn't help but think that it was strange how he had been invited, assumingly for diplomatic reasons, yet the person he was supposed to be speaking with had herself not been informed. This struck a bit of suspicion, but he didn't let it show, he was here so if anything happened he would have to deal with it.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:28 am

Karola raised an eyebrow. It seemed that William had been just as under informed as to the nature of this meeting as she had been. What had her niece been thinking? Or rather what was it that her niece was up to? She would figure it out, but for now Karola supposed she would have to fake it till she made it.

“Well, Yes, of course. I suppose we can discuss the idea of the establishment of protected stellar lanes to present before the League.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 am

William nodded and said "I suppose so, while it certainly wouldn't be easy, it could certainly be done, however it will require cooperation between the Stellar Navy and the Genoise equivilant." He then thought and said "However it should be noted that given the existence of the Insectoids threat, New England ships may be forced to pull from said starlanes with little to no notice"

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:12 am

Karola nodded her head thinking about this. She herself had some experience with the trade on stellar lanes, though she found that they were not uniform and do to some nations having massive stellar fleets while others were nearly completely without regulation and order. Not to mention that some areas there were some areas over run by pirates. William and Adela's countries had the two largest space forces, so they would be vital in such an new precedent.

"Perhaps the New English and the Genoise could collaborate along with the rest of the League in order to set up a more league based force for protection."

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:18 am

William nodded and said "Perhaps, though like I said New England has pressing threats to deal with on the frontier that keep us from being able to guarantee forces on the lanes at all times" he then said "I'm sure something can be worked out"

William then said "However, that would still leave several members unable to properly contribute to the League force"

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Karola sipped her tea quietly.

“Yes, though it would not be impossible for the League to promote the expansion of space programs in countries that are more lacking than in others. And while the Gênoise and though with ships to spare could provide the original guard forces, smaller members of the League could provide other necessary components, after all there is more to stellar forces than simply ships.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:38 pm

William nodded and said "That is true, though it would have to brought in front of the League . However I t would recover a yes from me"

William then said "And I'm sure I could find a few spare starships somewhere to help get some of the new upstarts started on their fleets."

William then thought and said "And I'm sure the Stellar Academy wouldn't. Ind taking in foreign recruits to help train officers"

While his suspicion was waning, he still felt as if something was off. He felt as if there was something else to his invitation, and he thought that their was certainly some underlying goal to it. However he didn't have enough information yet to figure it out.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:02 pm

Karola smiled.

“That sounds positively wonderful. With a year from New England, and a yes from Polonge that will already be two nations on our side. I am sure that the League could be convinced once we win over the others. I would love to see your Stellar Academy. My sister started one a few years ago for our fledgling Stellar Forces, though it is quite small, I would like to compare standards between our two nations institutions.”

While she spoke she tried to piece together the second and most likely the real motive behind this meeting.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:54 pm

William thought and said "I suppose a visit could be arranged, and it could be arranged for collaborations between the two academies."

William then said "I do suppose that there could be discussions of international training and exercises, after all the newer fleets will need to learn the ways of stellar combat if they are to be successful."

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:06 am

Karola set her cup of tea down and looked thoughtfully at William.

“That sounds like thatvwould be most beneficial for everyone involved. After all if the League is truly to be the keeper of peace, then it’s members must be willing to maintain and defend that peace. A stellar war game could be very helpful for this, no?”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:40 am

William nodded and said "Indeed it would, it would get league members used to fighting alongside each other when the need arises, as well as providing an important learning experience on the nature of stellar combat. We could practice different scenarios, such as planetary invasions and defense, boarding actions, and other such scenarios that could possibly be encountered."

He then thought and said "We could also designate a world where the international force could practice and train, essentially an HQ."

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Karola nodded her head in agreement.

“An entire world dedicated to the League of Harmony, it could prove quite useful in the formation of the respect and security needed for this world and all other civilized ones. A Galactic Capital, if you will. Though I don’t wish to get too ahead of things.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:17 pm

William then said "Very well"

He then thought and said "However it does feel as if this was not the only reason that I was invited here." He again thought about the possible reasons, and a fair few were undesirable. However he knew that he would be fine even if such things were attempted, what with the Vanguard standing in the room.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Karola put her chin in her hand as she leaned forward. So he had been wondering the same thing as her it seemed. Well, great minds did think alike. Of course as well fools rarely differed.

“I am suspecting the very same thing Your Majesty. I do believe that my dear niece might have set up this meeting for an ulterior motive. Clever little girl that Maria Christina, far more clever than she lets most people think.”

The pieces started to lock in her head as she spoke. Ah. Of course. Karola sat back in her chair. She was curious if William had figured it out yet.

“I wonder what it could possibly be.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:57 am

William thought, and then he said "There are a few things that have come to mind, however I have managed to narrow it down a bit, and I would imagine they would all have something to do with me being a recent widower, however I have held my verdict until more information presents itself on the matter"

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:44 am

Karola lowered her voice to a more sober tone. While she hadn’t been madly in love with her own late husband, she had cared for him and she had been sad at his death, even if it had partially been a relief.

“My condolences on your wife’s tragic death Your Majesty. While God may love us all, there are times when the world he has created can be so cruel to us.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:02 am

William nodded, a sad look on his face and he said "It can be cruel indeed" he then said "However I feel that the fact that she is dead and I no longer have a wife may be part of the reason that I am here, after all it would be the perfect opportunity"

He then said "The perfect opportunity to try and make a move on a newly available king"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates