NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Condemn Lord Dominator

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Errinundera
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Errinundera » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:14 pm

As the founder of Forest, where Lord Dominator resides, I would like to put in a word on her behalf, especially given that the proposal mentions our region in the same line as The Black Hawks and the two behemoths, Osiris and Lazarus.

Firstly, I would like to thank Jocospor for generously equating Forest with such famous regions. I can now proudly say, with my hand on my heart, that my beautiful region has made the big league. Mind you, our leadership whenever there's a zombie outbreak or a nuclear conflagration has also been noted in the highest echelons.

On to the nation itself. Lord Dominator has been an exemplary member of the region. They are a much loved member of our diverse community where they contribute positively to our very active regional forums. They have made a huge contribution towards our recent efforts in bringing peace via righteous force in the recent nuclear crisis that engulfed much of the world. There is no evidence within the regional forums of any raiding activities so I remain puzzled by such accusations. Indeed, neither the resolution nor this discussion have produced any concrete evidence of such behaviour. Without the evidence, where's the crime?

Lord Dominator's laudable intentions are crowned by their active participation in the democratic processes of our exemplary region. They have even nominated as candidate in our biannual election for the position of Forest Keeper, where, if successful, they will become the honoured leader of a region that was rightfully commended by the Security Council. Such a commendation must surely reflect well on the character of a nation that, as far as I can see, is as pure as the driven snow.

I humbly beg nations to vote against the proposal.
The world is not cyclical, not eternal or immutable, but endlessly transforms itself, and never goes back, and we can assist in that transformation.

Live on, survive, for the earth gives forth wonders. It may swallow your heart, but the wonders keep on coming. You stand before them bareheaded, shriven. What is expected of you is attention.

(Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet)

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:27 pm

Errinundera wrote:As the founder of Forest, where Lord Dominator resides, I would like to put in a word on her behalf, especially given that the proposal mentions our region in the same line as The Black Hawks and the two behemoths, Osiris and Lazarus.

Firstly, I would like to thank Jocospor for generously equating Forest with such famous regions. I can now proudly say, with my hand on my heart, that my beautiful region has made the big league. Mind you, our leadership whenever there's a zombie outbreak or a nuclear conflagration has also been noted in the highest echelons.

On to the nation itself. Lord Dominator has been an exemplary member of the region. They are a much loved member of our diverse community where they contribute positively to our very active regional forums. They have made a huge contribution towards our recent efforts in bringing peace via righteous force in the recent nuclear crisis that engulfed much of the world. There is no evidence within the regional forums of any raiding activities so I remain puzzled by such accusations. Indeed, neither the resolution nor this discussion have produced any concrete evidence of such behaviour. Without the evidence, where's the crime?

Lord Dominator's laudable intentions are crowned by their active participation in the democratic processes of our exemplary region. They have even nominated as candidate in our biannual election for the position of Forest Keeper, where, if successful, they will become the honoured leader of a region that was rightfully commended by the Security Council. Such a commendation must surely reflect well on the character of a nation that, as far as I can see, is as pure as the driven snow.

I humbly beg nations to vote against the proposal.

I've seen her raid regions and her name is listed on tbh forum. During my time as a private she enlisted after leaving lily

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:36 pm

I'm not exactly the purest of people on here in my actions Err, but the thought is appreciated :)

People Who Have Issues
Lobbyist

Founded: May 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby People Who Have Issues » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:41 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:I'm not exactly the purest of people on here in my actions Err, but the thought is appreciated :)

Pretty sure everyone in Forest knows you're a raider and that was IC. You are just about the nicest raider ever, though...
If you write issues, you may borrow anything you like from this nation's RPs.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:04 pm

People Who Have Issues wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:I'm not exactly the purest of people on here in my actions Err, but the thought is appreciated :)

Pretty sure everyone in Forest knows you're a raider and that was IC. You are just about the nicest raider ever, though...

I'm tired, not always great with telling what's what

Errinundera
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Errinundera » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:14 pm

Which goes to prove that, by abiding with Forest's ethos not to use the regional forums as platforms for raiding activities, Lord Dominator is a nation of high character.
The world is not cyclical, not eternal or immutable, but endlessly transforms itself, and never goes back, and we can assist in that transformation.

Live on, survive, for the earth gives forth wonders. It may swallow your heart, but the wonders keep on coming. You stand before them bareheaded, shriven. What is expected of you is attention.

(Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet)

Indo States
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Indo States » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:22 pm

Fully Supported, I'm Vote as For because........... idk why the nation is responsible for.
Fédération Fatimanienné - Fatiman Federation
Country of Freedom and Education

I DO NOT USE NATIONSTATES STATS

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:27 pm

Comm-demnations when?
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Hatslandia
Political Columnist

Founded: May 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hatslandia » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:29 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:What, no mention of all my dastardly raiding and other assorted nasty things I've done?
Shameful

You literally just admitted to it. -_- Wow.

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:30 pm

Hatslandia wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:What, no mention of all my dastardly raiding and other assorted nasty things I've done?
Shameful

You literally just admitted to it. -_- Wow.

What? I don't get this outrage here.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Ru-
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:40 pm

Viridus wrote:
Wrapper wrote:With Osiris and Europe delegates changing their votes, this has swung to 53%-47% against.

I find it unprecedented how little representation individual nations have in the WA: 69%-31% in favor

Exactly, both the GA and the SC have been looking more and more like an old boys club with each passing week. This resolution's vote is the most ridiculous example I have ever seen of this. LD herself is essentially in complete control over whether or not this passes. Just look at the swing in voting from before they changed their mind to after. Just read the posts in this thread debating more heavily on whether or not a condemnation is a badge of honor, or whether the resolution author "deserves" to gain an SC badge rather then the issue of whether or not the WA should be condemning a nation for being one of the most key proponents of the offensive liberation trend. Heck there are more posts even just wondering whether or not LD still supports this (as if this should even matter) then there are actually debating the merit of the allegations in here. Just look at the huge difference in individual nations votes (though this last part should not be particularly surprising to anyone who has been paying attention to WA voting the past year.)

Wouldn't be surprised to see one of LD's buddies write a condemnation right after this that passes with flying colors for no other reason then LD simply would like to have one but would rather not have a user they don't care for be the one to get the credit for writing it. Wouldn't be a complete disaster as I still think LD deserves the badge. (if you need evidence that she has earned it just look at how obviously her influence over the WA is displayed in this thread.) But the whole thing still leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

It's honestly pretty disgusting and can be a bit discouraging to someone who wants to really get into the RP of this thing, but what can you do really? You can't force people to not be friends. It would be nice though if the voting power of individual delegates was capped somewhat. Before it gets a little more obvious that 15 or so users are making every WA decision entirely on their own and are more then a little eager to do each other these kinds of personal favors. In an organization that is supposed to be made up of thousands.
Last edited by Ru- on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 9 times in total.
A civilization with an over 3,000 year history of lizard people killing each other and enslaving everyone else. Now they've finally calmed down and formed a modern westernized constitutional monarchy. (long live Emperor Yoshio!)

Note: Any factbook entries over a year old are severely out of date and may be subject to extreme revision and retconning soon. If you have questions on anything about Ru, please feel free to ask.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:12 pm

There's the WA mass campaign we were missing...

Benjabobaria
Envoy

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Benjabobaria » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:17 pm

This resolution really amused me until your recent telegram, Jocospor. Good job, you fucked the vote up.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1101057 if you guys haven't seen this.
Last edited by Benjabobaria on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Benja Karimi, formerly cosmopolitan raider kid
Former Moshir of Osiris's Sekhmet Legion, now retired from GP

Zizou wrote:it's the natives fault for getting beat the fuck up by raiders because the founder cted or they were dumb enough to make the del exec

Altino wrote:The number of "Benja this is amazing, I love it!!!" conversations and also "Benja wtf were you thinking, you're ruining my life" conversations we've had go so hard.

American libtard
Polandball fanatic
Deist of Jewish descent
It's really hard for me to respect anyone who ignores the obvious evidence that climate change is caused by humans.

Ru-
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:29 pm

Votes should not be cast so that L.D. can or can't get a shiny badge.
- Votes should not be cast because of some belief that this is a "tit-for-tat" resolution in response to SC#263. (N.B. Briefly on that: it isn't, which is probably very hard to believe. But had the Confederation been seeking revenge for SC#263, it would have acted entirely differently - targeting the nation which gave L.D. the idea for the liberation, for example.)
- Votes should not be cast to spite the proposing nation.
- Votes should not be cast to align with the irrelevant wishes of powerful coalitions.

They do have a point here, though. #2 is very debatable but the rest echoes my frustration with this whole process almost exactly. If you don't think LD's work to promote a new trend of offensive liberation is worthy of condemnation then fine, but that has hardly been what this thread has been about at all. And it's certainly not the reason behind this voting swing.

I think it's really that the author has (deservedly or not) annoyed the WA, and because of this it's most powerful coalition primarily wants to prevent this nation in particular from getting an SC badge. Before a couple of LD's friends pointed this out, she and her allies were all for it. Now all of a sudden they want to see how much they can turn the tide on it. It's all a bit mean spirited and cliquish imho.
Last edited by Ru- on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A civilization with an over 3,000 year history of lizard people killing each other and enslaving everyone else. Now they've finally calmed down and formed a modern westernized constitutional monarchy. (long live Emperor Yoshio!)

Note: Any factbook entries over a year old are severely out of date and may be subject to extreme revision and retconning soon. If you have questions on anything about Ru, please feel free to ask.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:33 pm

Ru- wrote:
Votes should not be cast so that L.D. can or can't get a shiny badge.
- Votes should not be cast because of some belief that this is a "tit-for-tat" resolution in response to SC#263. (N.B. Briefly on that: it isn't, which is probably very hard to believe. But had the Confederation been seeking revenge for SC#263, it would have acted entirely differently - targeting the nation which gave L.D. the idea for the liberation, for example.)
- Votes should not be cast to spite the proposing nation.
- Votes should not be cast to align with the irrelevant wishes of powerful coalitions.

They do have a point here, though. #2 is very debatable but the rest echoes my frustration with this whole process almost exactly. If you don't think LD's work to promote a new trend of offensive liberation is worthy of condemnation then fine, but that has hardly been what this thread has been about at all. And it's certainly not the reason behind this voting swing.

I think it's really that the author has (deservedly or not) annoyed the WA, and because of this it's most powerful coalition primarily wants to prevent this nation in particular from getting an SC badge. Before a couple of LD's friends pointed this out, she and her allies were all for it. Now all of a sudden they want to see how much they can turn the tide on it. It's all a bit mean spirited and cliquish imho.

I didn't actually switch to against until the vote did (when IA flipped) and ask people to vote against only then, which was in line with an earlier statement I made at least a day ago.

Ru-
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:I didn't actually switch to against until the vote did (when IA flipped) and ask people to vote against only then, which was in line with an earlier statement I made at least a day ago.

Alright then, In that case it's probably mostly IA's actions that I'm frustrated with. wouldn't be the first time. I had assumed they flipped because you changed your mind, since they had stated earlier that they were voting for this because you were supporting it.
Last edited by Ru- on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

RPRA Techcorp
Secretary

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby RPRA Techcorp » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:50 pm

Thanks in part to the author's conduct, the Shogunate's vote remains staunchly against this poorly-penned piece of "legislation."

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:53 pm

Ru- wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:I didn't actually switch to against until the vote did (when IA flipped) and ask people to vote against only then, which was in line with an earlier statement I made at least a day ago.

Alright then, In that case it's probably mostly IA's actions that I'm frustrated with. wouldn't be the first time. I had assumed they flipped because you changed your mind, since they had stated earlier that they were voting for this because you were supporting it.

I actually have no idea why IA flipped, it was before I changed my mind. I choose not to speculate, seeing as his vote is his vote.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:06 pm

I don't agree politically with LD, but a hatchet job, is a hatchet Job. I oppose this resolution, and will vote against it with my WA puppet.
Many "respectable" people on the far-left will still ridiculously imply that I'm a fascist though. Which is typical for commies.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:13 pm

Honestly thought this one would pass...

Now I would argue that this is a highly contraversial proposal.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:40 pm

Ru- wrote:

You'd be more frustrated with I.A. if you knew you changed his vote on L.D.'s orders, wouldn't you?
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:47 pm

Jocospor wrote:
Ru- wrote:

You'd be more frustrated with I.A. if you knew you changed his vote on L.D.'s orders, wouldn't you?

Don't recall giving such orders, don't think I've talked to IA in a couple of days

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:51 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Jocospor wrote:You'd be more frustrated with I.A. if you knew you changed his vote on L.D.'s orders, wouldn't you?

Don't recall giving such orders, don't think I've talked to IA in a couple of days

*the Delegate's Office smiles* Truly?
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:55 pm

Jocospor wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Don't recall giving such orders, don't think I've talked to IA in a couple of days

Not that I can recall, no

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:56 pm

Jocospor wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Don't recall giving such orders, don't think I've talked to IA in a couple of days

LD's tacit approval of this at the start is literally the only reason this ever looked like it was going anywhere.

It is so obviously a tit for tat resolution, it is 90% hyperbole and 10% stuff LD deserves a commendation for.

To make matters even worse, there is an understanding that authors of commendations and condemnations do some research into the target. Each should reflect in some manner the target of the resolution. This doesn't.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives