NATION

PASSWORD

Yohannes Parliamentary Debates — Reichstag Election 2018

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

As a fict. Yohannesian, which is your Party?

Alliance for Yohannes [Alliance: Undecided]
No votes
Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Alliance: CDU]
13%
Christian Democratic Party - Christian Faction [Alliance: CDU]
11%
Consumers and Taxpayers Union [Alliance: CDU]
2%
Family Values Party [Alliance: GOP]
9%
Free Cannabis Party [Alliance: Undecided]
4%
Green Party [Alliance: CDU]
33%
Social Democratic Party [Alliance: GOP]
17%
The Independents of Yohannes [Alliance: Undecided]
No votes
Yohannes First Party [Alliance: GOP]
11%

Total votes : 46

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Vote2018: First Leaders’ Debate

Postby Yohannes » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:36 am

MEGYN MARIE (Discussion Moderator): To assembled listeners and those watching at home, good evening, and welcome to the first The Realm News Leaders’ Debate of Decision 2018. Two months to go and as so many have said — what an awesome election year so far. Tonight’s Ardenfontein-Löfgren election political polls and results will also be released after this debate. This is being streamed by the way: Parliament Channel, we are live now.

We welcome the leaders of the Greens and Yohannes First — Zoe Nilsson and Marion Maréchal-Le Men, thank you for coming tonight. We will toss a coin and the winner will be the one to start this debate.

The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

First Leaders’ Debate — Immigration

Postby Yohannes » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:21 pm

Dr ZOE NILSSON (Green Party; Electorate of Cowrie): A very wise political leader once said that a house divided against itself will not stand. What we see when we look at the Leader of Yohannes First, who also happens to be the eighteenth Yohannesian Emperor and should for that reason have known better, is confirmation of a twenty-first century truism, I believe, which is that a person that wants to divide a nation, a group of communities; a person who wants to separate and put makeshift borders between “us” and “them”; “Yohannesian born citizens” and “non-Yohannesian born citizens and residents” — they should never lead this nation.

A person like that, or a group of people like that, should never be given the opportunity to lead our house — this nation state — by forming an executive council to represent the nation and its people. How can they responsibly lead the nation? They don’t even have the nation’s best interests at heart: they only want to divide, not unite. Sow distrust, not seeds of love. Take from those who are “not one of us” to give to “one of us.” Differentiate between “them” and “us” if there are votes to grab. If the definition of “them” has changed — find a new “them.”

Yohannes First, they are not proponents of love and peace — they are advocates of disharmony and bigotry.

I have looked at the latest list of Yohannes First Members who are contesting seats this election year and I have skimmed through their track record — let me just give a quick verdict: it’s not good. Let’s start with the former Leader of Yohannes First himself, The Right Honourable Loseton Petres. He once said that, quote unquote, “Two Wongs don’t make it Whighte.”

I mean, seriously, he needs to ask Speaker Emeritus The Right Honourable Lewd Gringrich on how to do better Dog-whistle Politics 101 — at least the former Speaker knew how to spell “inner city” right. If that’s not enough, we can also see The Honourable Nickel Fallage’s track record — quote, unquote, “All the thousand clones of Zheng Xia the foreign steel industrialists and Yo Seung-Woo the foreign property investors out there, or Ni Hao Ma the non-occidental fish’n’chip shop owners who somehow can afford to buy million dollar houses in the burbs.” Also, the “tsunami of Muslim migrants” recorded in this very electoral debates thread last year.

I mean, I know you are a role model Marion. In fact, I would have voted for the old Marion from the Christian Democratic Party. Yes, you are a decent — good, too good, I must say — politician, but I must ask: is Yohannes First really your party? I mean, Nickel Fallage; Marine Le Men, no offence to your ambitious aunt; Loseton Petres; and finally Ronald Chump. Yuck. We might as well call Yohannes First Marion Fi —

MEGYN MARIE (Discussion Moderator): My apologies, but I believe The Honourable Dr Zoe Nilsson must take back her statement. And I must ask for her to address The Rt Hon Leader of Yohannes First properly.

Dr ZOE NILSSON: I withdraw. My apologies, Ms Moderator. But, okay. Maybe it is best to describe the thing they have going on over there not as a political party but as quite the one-woman band — circus.

MEGYN MARIE (Discussion Moderator): I cannot accept The Honourable Leader of the Green Party’s last sentence — I must ask for The Honourable Dr Zoe Nilsson to withdraw her statement.

Dr ZOE NILSSON: Ms Moderator, and withdrawal will be done. The point is clear, however, we all know this: party vote Yohannes First and it would lead to more of the same social disharmony and inter-communal distrust. But if that’s not enough, we’ve also got their poor education track record.

The Rt Hon MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: You are grasping at straws here — you know this won’t end we —

MEGYN MARIE (Discussion Moderator): I must ask for The Honourable Leader of Yohannes First to withdraw her statement. She will have her turn. And I suggest for her to address The Hon Leader of the Green Party properly.

The Rt Hon MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: I withdraw, Ms Moderator.

Dr ZOE NILSSON: The 855 million NationStates Dollars in additional investment for students with special educational needs and disabilities — that was good. But what The Rt Hon Member has failed to mention is the fact that that initiative was in fact first formulated by The Rt Hon Chancellor Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn.

The Select Committee on Education abandoned the proposal in 2016 because of the conclusion submitted by the Equality Commission: they believed that that money could be better invested elsewhere to support our DSLC students. The Thirty-sixth Christian Democratic Executive Council believe that we should take our most vulnerable members of our society seriously — they are the most at risk. This is why we don’t rush through legislation and table them within, say, two weeks, or Saint Bigtopia forbid — one week. We want to make sure that the money invested will go through the cracks and reach those who really need a helping hand. We have not and we will not put out lolly scrambles towards DSLC students for votes.

Yes, I know that the Christian Democratic Party has been guilty of putting out lolly scrambles for the easy votes — but not the Green Party. And this is the reason why a party vote for the Green Party will keep the incumbent executive council — whether Christian Democrat or Social Democrat — in check. The Green Party — we were responsible for the Gender, LGBT, Racial and Religious Equality Act 2016. We encountered strong opposition from the heartland and the bible belt — I am sure if The Rt Hon Marion Maréchal-Le Men ask her predecessors in Yohannes First; I am sure she would know of the things we had to do just to table the LGBT Equality Act through parliament’s first reading.

But look at her now?

She said on the night of January 20th, “Rainbow lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender and Bible Belt heartland coal and steel. Disabled and non disabled. Men and women. Citizen and legal Yohannesians, who have sent a message to the Nation States and International Incidents community: that we have never been just a collection of individuals or a collection of rainbow countries and bible belt countries; blue districts and red districts — we are, and always will be, the Nineteen Countries on the continent of Yohannes.”

Suddenly “they” are one of us? Of course — only after The Rt Hon Leader of Yohannes First needs the LGBT community’s votes. I must also ask The Rt Hon Leader of Yohannes First if she truly feels dividing the LGBT community here against the new migrant Muslim community is a good thing — again, dog-whistle politics at its best. Unlike The Rt Hon Loseton Petres, at least she has got one thing right: how to pass the Dog-whistle Politics 101 final end of year exam paper.

The Rt Hon MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: Yes, I have passed the final end of year exam paper with flying colours — my African Yohannesian husband seems to agree with your assessment.

Last edited by Yohannes on Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:26 pm

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN (President of the Electoral College; Yohannes First Party): I have to admit — I have never seen more reversals of policy than what I have seen before from The Hon Leader of the Green Party. There was so much about-turn this afternoon that I couldn’t but smile. She did an about-turn and marched out of the Christian Democratic Union tent, chanting in denial, “No we don’t. No we didn’t.”

Dr ZOE NILSSON: Which about-turn?

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: I can understand The Hon Zoe Nilsson’s obstinacy, of course — The Hon Greens Leader was, after all, part of a confidence-and-supply executive council: one dominated by the Christian Democratic Party. But being part of an executive council “outside the executive council” does not absolve her of past executive council decision-making, I’m afraid. There was once a time, in a somewhat hazy memory dating back to early 2017, that she said, “I disagree with the ‘racism’ of the Opposing Forces, but I agree with them that immigration and employment laws can be improved to help prevent the exploitation of migrant workers.” So yes, as we can see, The Hon Dr Zoe Nilsson did agree with Yohannes First that current immigration and migrant employment laws in this nation — well, they are bad!

This is what Yohannes First believes in. We believe that our contemporary open border policy needs to be reformed and immigration related laws need to be fixed to acknowledge that, well, things have changed a lot since 2000. Back then we did have huge immigration too; but we did not have a flood of migrants arriving here from war-torn nation states like Ba’athist Khataiy; we did not help the flood of middle class East Asians who come here with cheap money to buy up Yohannesian properties like there’s no tomorrow — they even have the temerity to rent their ill-gotten houses back to our people! They are not even citizens of this nation; sometimes they can’t even speak Yohannesian — why can they buy a house here?

To make things worse, there have been no capital gains tax programmes since 2000. These people from cashed-up East Asia — they are free to speculate with their cheap money and cheap labour to outbid hard-working Yohannesian first-time homebuyers and our mum and dad investors. When I say “Yohannesian”, note that I am referring to not just Yohannesian born citizens. I am also referring to non-Yohannesian born permanent residents — so you see, it’s not about race or “racism”; it’s about common sense and realpolitik. Middle Yohannesians and working class Yohannesians have finally decided, “Genug ist genug!”, and this is why Yohannes First — we are currently the third largest political party in the Nineteen Countries.

We listen to the people. We did not follow what the internationalist, anti NatSov federalists of the World Assembly want — they want a world government. The anti NatSov federalists of the World Assembly want a world without borders. Members of the anti NatSov faction of the World Assembly want to see Khataiy “investing” in our nation: grand mosques and mosques to be built in our major cities; Wahhabi-run Madrasas to drive up religious sectarian tensions.

The anti NatSov World Assembly federalists want the Nineteen Countries to “embrace” investments by Greater Nifon and other powerful, cashed-up East Asian nation states. How can mum and dad Yohannesians compete with these people? There are too many of them here and abroad; it’s a tsunami, and we are drowning. There’s not enough of us here to own what should be rightfully ours, in our own nation.

Dr ZOE NILSSON: See, the coded words “us” and “them” again. Have to admit though — pretty good game you’re playing here, Marion. Well do —

MEGYN MARIE (Discussion Moderator): I’m afraid I must ask for The Hon Leader of the Greens to withdraw her statement.

Dr ZOE NILSSON: My apologies, Madam Moderator. A withdrawal will be made.

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: The Hon Leader of the Green Party can say “coded words”, but to middle Yohannesians and our hard-working people of the bible belt, it’s just one word: “reality.” We’ve had enough of internationalist elites trying to run the show. We’ve had enough of Israel-funded bankers and Middle East-backed organisations trying to influence our policy here back home.

Dr ZOE NILSSON: There she goes — playing up to one, especially disgusting, part of her constituency again. She has gone for the full 1933 discourse. I’m sorry, but I can’t believe I am listening to this; this is ridiculo —

MEGYN MARIE (Discussion Moderator): I must ask for The Hon Dr Zoe Nilsson to withdraw her statement.

Dr ZOE NILSSON: I withdraw, Madam Speaker.

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: The Israel-funded bankers and the Allanean-backed and CAPINTERN capitalists — they don’t care about whether our young mum and dad families can buy their own first home; the Khataiyi extemists — they don’t care whether hard-working, law-abiding Yohannesian shop owners want to accept illegally and unfairly imported “halal” foods or not; the Greater Nifonese investors and other East Asian migrant traffickers — they don’t care whether the illegal vineyard workers they import daily from East Asian nations will commit crimes or not —

Dr ZOE NILSSON: You disgust me, Marion.

MEGYN MARIE (Discussion Moderator): This will be my last warning to The Hon Leader of the Greens.

Dr ZOE NILSSON: Withdrawal made, Madam Moderator.

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: The Hon Dr Zoe Nilsson can call Yohannes First “racist” all she wants. But these are facts — they are real. In fact, they are happening as we speak. Crimes are happening as we speak. Corruption money are being laundered as we speak. And our hard-working people from the heartland are losing manufacturing jobs as we speak. I would like to ask The Hon Leader of the Green Party this: would The Hon Dr Zoe Nilsson prefer to leave the continent of Yohannes better off for the future generations — our future children, or would she prefer to leave us as enslaved people in our own land?

I know which one I like better, and for that reason, sometimes hard decisions must be made. We have to look beyond the immediate and present and see that the future — it does not look so bright for us. Unless we do a change of course to turn to the right direction — our hospitals will continue to be overcrowded; our infrastructure will continue to be underfunded; and our people will continue to have their wages and living standard being reduced and made lower and lower as we accept more slave wage workers and increasingly slave wage working conditions. I know that it’s the hard-working Oriental culture; but this is the Nineteen Countries, not the Orient.

We can continue to talk about this, and The Hon Leader of the Greens can continue to call us in Yohannes First “xenophobic” and “racists”, but the truth is, we are right and they are wrong. To repeat what I have said to The Rt Hon Chancellor Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn on the last day of the One Hundred and Fifteenth Parliament:

Immigration. Yohannesians said, “We have had enough! We want genuine refugees — not invading Wahhabis! So what do Chancellor Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn and her Ministers do? They invited the Government of the Arab State of Khataiy to build 3 grand mosques and 78 mosques in the Kingdom of Alexandria. Even the local moderate Muslim communities went, “Oh dear… what are they doing inviting extremist-run Madrasahs here?” So what do we have because of that? 79 per cent of voters polled by Ardenfontein-Löfgren saying “Immigration” is the biggest issue facing the nation today.

Just because the Green Party is part of a confidence-and-supply agreement executive council, it does not absolve them of their bad immigration and short-sighted “open border” track record. Party vote Yohannes First, and we will continue to hold the incumbent executive council accountable to the people they should serve — it is true that limited “open border” policy will be required to drive growth in this nation, but I urge voters watching this debate tonight; hard-working mum and dad Yohannesians — to party vote for Yohannes First for a sensible regulated border policy and common sense immigration regime.

I invite The Hon Leader of the Greens to talk about real immigration policy next, not the usual “you are xenophobic” and “you are racist” accusations.

Thank you.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:38 pm

Dr ZOE NILSSON: Immigration is an indispensable part of administration and worldbuilding for our nation state and its interests. Everyday we can see the many benefits of immigration to our economy — employment, taxes and rates, tourism: it is there at the centre of almost everything. Since 2010, every year the Ministry of Continental Security would read and sign approximately forty-two million executive summaries — they put laws into actions by allowing for the entrance of well-meaning people who have qualifications and skills that we must bring — and we will need — here to fill positions and create growth that we otherwise would not have. They drive economic growth. They are the reason why we have not ended up like the nation of Japan since the turn of the century.

Immigration fuels our tourism industry with around 750 billion NationStates Dollars of hard currency in 2017 —

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: I am sorry, but what — 750 billion NSD? Where did The Hon Leader of the Green party got that number from? Certainly not the Office of Economic Analysis and Foreca —

Dr ZOE NILSSON: To The Rt Hon Leader of Yohannes First, I would like to remind her that I did not just talk about foreign, hard currency from tourists — temporary residents and migrants do contribute to the tourism industry too. This is what The Rt Hon Marion Maréchal-Le Men has failed to realise: this nation was built by immigrants. We all came here from somewhere; even our native Bahasa Yohannesia and Yohānnesi population, the First People — they came from somewhere. We have grown well because we have been a well-managed nation of immigrants. And The Rt Hon Leader of Yohannes First is not the first, and won’t be the last, political leader at the imperial level to have condemned immigration as the most unforgivable sin of a nation.

Or people.

For every day that The Rt Hon Leader of Yohannes First and her caucus Members denigrate anything East Asian related, there is an innocent East Asian Yohannesian or East Asian person from overseas watching our debates thanks to Parliament Channel. For every day that The Rt Hon Leader of Yohannes First and her caucus Members disparage and generalise the entire religion of the Prophet Muhammad because of the action of a few people — there is an innocent Muslim Yohannesian or Muslim citizen of the international community watching with sadness thanks to Parliament Channel. It is time that we rise up and attack bigotry for what it is — bigotry. Embarrassing. Shameful racism. I have nothing but disgust for bigots and racists who only want to divide — not unite.

MEGYN MARIE (Discussion Moderator): I would like to ask The Hon Leader of the Green Party to withdraw her last statement.

Dr ZOE NILSSON: I’m sorry Madam Moderator, but I will not withdraw my statement. I believe that I have not referred directly to The Rt Hon Leader of Yohannes First in a disrespectful manner. However, I will not stand up for racism and bigotry. I will not stand up for hatred against our East Asian sisters and brothers. Against innocent Muslim migrants and citizens of the international community. I will support what is right: the Green Party — we are here to support our Asian and Muslim sisters and brothers. Refugees welcome. Love not hate. Immigrants #Metoo.

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: Yes, yes. Me too.

MEGYN MARIE (Discussion Moderator): I must ask for The Rt Hon Leader of Yohannes First to follow the rules of this discussion too.

Dr ZOE NILSSON: Immigration gives our tourism industry no less than 750 billion NSD of hard currency in 2017. 750 billion NSD of money circulating in our economy — just from tourism and the hospitality sector. Of course, immigration has given us more than that — it truly sits at the heart of our nation’s economic growth. It is good that we have the opportunity to talk about policy as regards the Thirty-sixth Christian Democratic Executive Council’s proposed reform of the Immigration Amendment Act 2008. In this regard I would like to acknowledge the contribution of The Rt Hon Leader of Yohannes First — at least here I will agree with her that Yohannes First has, for once, cooperated with the incumbent executive council to govern this nation state and working in the best interest of the people.

And to Ministry of Continental Security civil servants who are watching this discussion tonight: thank you for your contribution and the hours you have put to make this work. Civil servants of our nation state have wasted hundreds of hours of their own time since Budget Reform 2017. It has been hard at times, as it should be, to table and pass such an important collection of statutes dealing with border policing and immigration. The incumbent Executive Council’s proposed Immigration Act reform —

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: To The Hon Leader of the Green Party — once I was elected into office; only once I was elected into office.

Dr ZOE NILSSON: Has been such an important collection of statutes — a collection of two-hundred-and-fifty-pages’ worth of statutes, further subdivided into seven parts. Civil servants of the Continental Yohannes Customs and Border, Immigration Yohannes and the CIA have contributed significantly by providing the Executive Council — to me, the Chancellor Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn, and the former, seventeenth Yohannesian Emperor Garnet til Alexandros — with excellent recommendations and service to implement the reform and its programmes. So far we have had just above two thousand submissions from the citizen sector pertaining to the immigration reform; with no less than fifty experts appearing before the Select Committee on Continental Security for the compilation of its report. Our amendment to the original Immigration Act has not been a framework law — there have been no constitutionally specific mandates.

The idea, the Green Party, we believe, is that our nation’s new immigration amendments must be pliable, versatile, and must last over a long period of time. One example of the changes which the incumbent Executive Council have put to the previous immigration amendments is the provision of a universal visa system, both to replace our previous convoluted separate visa permit and application systems and to comply with existing World Assembly resolutions to the fullest degree. There have also been sections dedicated to our new transnational travel system, which would allow citizens of select, “approved” nations to travel and work in the Nineteen Countries just as a Yohannesian citizen and permanent resident would also be able to do the same in these select nations. Some examples of these nations include Argentinstan, Diarcesia, Knootoss, and other nations that we believe have affected our economy in a positive way.

We have also strengthened protection for new economic migrants and refugees, whilst strengthening our refugee intake regime to ensure that there would be no backdoors and exploitation by dodgy dealers abroad. A new classified information system will also be included with a new consolidated immigration processing and arbitration board of protection. The new pliable and versatile compliance and information systems will help our civil servants and workers in the immigration agencies to fulfill their tasks.

Contemporary Yohannes is a strong, open-minded nation state — whether Yohannes First would like to hear this or not, we have always been and we will always be a nation of immigrants. Since 2010 we have seen, on average, 1,117,000 permanent migrants entering our borders each year. In the last Fiscal Year the CIA calculated that there were 4,666,578 temporary work permits lodged by prospective migrants. Since January last year permanent and non-permanent non-citizen workers have accounted for just above half of the total growth of our workforce in the central Lindblum conurbation region, helping to keep the growth of our thriving businesses. So immigrants — they do help our economy, and they do help current citizens of the Nineteen Countries.

Last edited by Yohannes on Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:36 am

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: I am pleased to know that The Hon Dr Zoe Nilsson has decided to focus on the Thirty-sixth Christian Democratic Executive Council’s recent immigration reform legislation. I want to inform The Hon Leader of the Green Party that I had through it all sought advice and recommendations from accomplished Ministers of Continental Security of the previous two executive councils, and I was also an active participant in all relevant select committees —

Dr ZOE NILSSON: Which one?

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: Every single one of them. Shocking, I know. I co-chaired the Ethnic Diversity Committee with The Hon Abdullahi Lindström. I was on the Select Committee on Ways and Means with The Rt Hon Speaker Saul Ryan, and I was on the Committee on Judicature Modernisation, lately chaired by The Hon Claudia Wintergreen, who I must say has not been doing a bad job. She tries a wee bit too hard to be like the seventeenth Yohannesian Emperor of the Christian Party — with her adoring millennial fans who want to take shopping mall selfie with her — but she has not quite reached that level of fail yet.

Dr ZOE NILSSON: Your offence — you’ve gone soft since you’ve become the eighteenth Emperor. What’s the matter “Marioncare”, suddenly realising being in government is much more complicated than complaining about every single immigration statute as the Opposing Forces?

MEGYN MARIE (Discussion Moderator): To The Hon Leader of the Gree —

Dr ZOE NILSSON: Madam Moderator — and withdrawal made.

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: Well, that is true. I also acknowledge the civil servants who are watching Parliament Channel tonight. We become acquainted quite well thanks to the reform, I believe, over the multiple-month period that the select committee considered the Thirty-sixth Christian Democratic Executive Council’s immigration reform. As The Hon Dr Zoe Nilsson has said, Yohannes First voted for the latest immigration reform of the incumbent Executive Council. In fact, without us they would have never tabled the reform in the first place. The Hon Leader of the Green Party had considered the amendments, and she knew full well that it was a large and difficult piece of legislation, and that it attempted to fix some very complicated social issues.

I disagree with The Hon Leader of the Green Party concerning the “bigotry” of Yohannes First. When the chamber saw the first reading of the Immigration Amendment Act, every member present knew that those affected by the reform proposal are real people. It will affect, and in fact it has affected people’s lives. During the select committee process, The Hon Leader of the Green Party struggled with some of the complex social issues concerning the proposal. There were things like detention facilities — imprisoning offending aliens — classified nation state documents, and closed proceedings. They are all required to realise a responsible, high-quality border policy. Yes, the Green Party will say that they are pretty bad. But the thing that I learnt the hard way from my time as co-chair of the Ethnic Diversity Committee is that immigration, purely from a decision-making point of view, will include discriminatory policies.

There is not a World Assembly Civil Rights category — which has replaced the “Human Rights” category as recently announced by the World Assembly Ambassador of the Confederate Dominion of Separatist Peoples — side to it, where one can criticise that one group of people should not be treated differently from another, because of civil rights legislation. We have the power to green-light only those who we think can live and work in the Nineteen Countries and contribute to our society — yes, I strongly believe. I will also say that I strongly believe in the “Yohannes first” policy when it comes to employment — the party I lead, after all, is “Yohannes First.” But I would like to stress that I support “Yohannes first” policy only in a compassionate and kind-hearted way. We have to follow existing agreements. The Nineteen Countries is, after all, a World Assembly member state. Despite what The Hon Leader of the Green Party has said: yes, I also believe that we were once a nation of migrants, and we all have stories going back about those who arrived here to find a better future for their children.

I want to remind The Hon Leader of the Green Party that it was the Yohannes First caucus who kick-started the reform by pointing out the ill-thought-out clause 1(3)(c)(iv), which said before it was repealed, “To positively affect the Nineteen Countries employment situation by the provision of policies to fill unavailable labour.” The subsequent amendments went through the first reading and was debated thoroughly before being brought to the Select Committee on Domestic Commerce and the Ethnic Diversity Committee — and many things had changed since it first went through the first reading. At the time of its first reading, we saw relative international peace and less International Incidents — less civil wars; less religious pogroms; less sectarian conflicts and ethnic cleansing tragedies the international community of nation states and regions over — and the continent of Yohannes was relying on skilled migrants to fill existing labour gaps.

Of course, with the World Assembly Condemnation of Automagfreek in 2012, the Financial Crisis, and the many International Incidents to follow after that: that has now changed. In 2010 we promised a new life for immigrants who wanted to come here and reduce our skill shortage list. They believed that the continent of Yohannes would be the right place. We went out there and advertised on NationStates, and we said that they would find a successful career here. As I said, things have changed heaps since then — because of the financial crisis; the extended recession; and the many International Incidents to follow.

Immigration done for the sake of growth — economic and population — is bad. Very bad. I want to inform The Hon Dr Zoe Nilsson of the plight of one particular group of economic migrants who struggled because of the Thirty-sixth Christian Democratic Executive Council’s reckless open border policy. In 2017 shipbuilding workers were locked in unfortunate legal battles with none other but one of our own representative companies, Royal Beaufort Shipwrights Guild, over RBSG’s resolve to pressure a “this or nothing at all” working agreement. About 8,400 migrant workers were affected by that — those coming from Khataiy and Greater Syria, Hamidiye, Nusalia, Wuriya, and others. They resided in the large conurbation along the River Rhyme that my father used to work in, and, indeed, where The Hon Leader of the Green Party herself grew up in.

It is such an unfortunate position for them. Many left their communities and jobs to seek better opportunities because they were invited by the largest shipbuilder on the continent of Yohannes — a former nation state owned enterprise no less. They arrived here with the knowledge that they would have full accommodation. They also believed that our nation would give them the financial security and future family lifestyle that they will need. We posted day-by-day on the omnipresent website NationStates that our nation is a great place to resettle in.

We wanted them, and they were motivated to come here. We had positions for them, and we told everyone that we did not have enough skilled workers around to do their work. Actually, today we still “do not have enough skilled workers”, according to the internationalist elites. But these workers of RBSG who were on working obligations were, ab initio, unfairly treated. They could do nothing but submit themselves to RBSG’s exploitative terms. They could not change from being on sponsored resident permit to the business green migrant card category — they just could not.

RBSG had indicated, as I understand it, that it would only employ them under fixed-term obligations. I was told that the Citizenship and Immigration Administration had said that that was not right. This was in 2017. It was sad, and I know that on the last day of the One Hundred and Fifteenth Parliament, the Minister of Continental Security said that she was planning to do something about this, and I hoped that she was telling the truth. Even the offensive and “well-known racist” Electoral member from New Cleyra, The Hon Ronald Chump, had said to those workers, out of sympathy, when they came to see him that they should not sign that contract because it is such a bad one. And we all know how bad Ronald Chump is with contracts — so when the man himself said that it was bad; it was really bad.

I want to tell The Hon Dr Zoe Nilsson that, well, she did not intervene for those workers. It was a terrible situation. But The Hon Leader of the Green Party was, and still is, one of those politicians who scream at the top of their lungs, “Refugees welcome! Immigrants welcome! Love not hate!”

Well, I’m afraid the more realist of us on the other side of the chamber don’t feel so good to see the plight of these migrant workers — the misery. As I’ve said, more does not mean better. There has to be good legislation and existing mechanism to safeguard their rights, and there has to exist the community’s willingness to accept these non-Yohannesians. As politicians, it is not our job to tell the hard-working people of the heartland and the bible belt: “Here, have some more! Do not worry, there will be no good jobs and there is not enough infrastructure capacity for them but we want diversity and growth on paper anyway.”

That is irresponsible. That is reckless —

[
    Ringgggggggggggggggggggggggggg] ]

MEGYN MARIE (Discussion Moderator): To The Rt Hon Leader of Yohannes First, sorry to interrupt, but I’m afraid we must move on to the next topic.

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: So Yohannes First’s platform. Our platform will not just help Yohannesian citizens and legal residents — they will also help potential migrant workers who would otherwise struggle to be accepted and who would otherwise not succeed in our nation. It’s about the reality and common sense. It’s about realpolitik. It’s not just about unsustainable rainbow diversity and reckless growth on paper. Thank you.

Last edited by Yohannes on Wed May 29, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

First Leaders’ Debate — Education

Postby Yohannes » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:17 am

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: Thank you to The Realm News and Parliament Channel for this opportunity to start the second topic: education. Personally, I want to be supportive of the Thirty-sixth Christian Democratic Executive Council’s education initiatives in 2017 and 2018, but on behalf of Yohannes First, and after looking back, seeing what we could have achieved since 2014 under a theoretical coalition executive council with Yohannes First as partner, I simply could not.

One reason has been lack of consultation concerning web-based learning and online study. Under the Thirty-sixth Christian Democratic Executive Council — with the Greens as CDP’s confidence-and-supply partner, there have been no in-depth consultation and there have been no strategic partnership between the public sector and those who belong in the education sector — teachers, principals, parent-teacher association representatives; those who will be affected the most with any changes implemented concerning the education sector. This has been the case with the Executive Council’s introduction of the private companies-funded charter schools too: in essence, the creeping privatisation of state education on the continent of Yohannes.

They believe that profit-seeking, shareholders-beholden players from the private sector will have the best interests of our children at heart. They believe that individuals who do not have teachers college qualifications will be able to teach our children and they believe that our many hard-working, qualified teachers will just sit by as the executive council of the day tries to shift the burden of education funding to profit-seeking, predatory players of the citizen sector — the Christian Democrats and the Greens, in essence, tell those teachers, “Okay, if you don’t accept lower salaries and less rights now that we have got competitors in the education sector, well, we will kick you out of your jobs.”

To the Executive Council it is about increasing public sector competitiveness; to us watching from the other side of the aisle it looks more like an ideological drive to change the very fabric of our nation state. The Thirty-sixth Christian Democratic Executive Council believes that online learning and the internet can replace actual teachers. Corporate-funded charter schools I am willing to tolerate, but to replace some teachers and personal teaching time with online learning? That is just something that I will oppose strongly.

I am a citizen of the Nineteen Countries who experienced our education system when I was young. I was taught by dedicated teachers face-to-face — not online. And when I say dedicated teachers, I actually mean registered teachers with teaching college degrees — not non-registered “experts” hired straight from the private sector. A good teacher can make a difference in a student’s life. I see this myself in many of our most neglected inner city neighbourhoods during my time volunteering for the Urban community Outreach organisation.

Technology cannot and will not be able to replace the personality and influence that a teacher can provide for a student. Especially boys, who need actual strong male role models in their lives — not computers and “online learning.” It is true that technology has revolutionised the education sector; but technology by itself will not accomplish anything. Automation and technology, they are there to help us deliver better administrative and production efficiency. But on their own they change nothing.

We are also talking about equality here. For schools from decile 7 and above, yes, students have enjoyed school-funded strictly educational digital devices — computers, tablets, and other things provided by schools during class time. But they don’t exist in our schools from decile 1 to 6. There are still many schools out there that require parents to pay up to 5 NationStates Dollars a week for their children’s access to school digital devices. And some schools don’t even have enough digital devices nor do they have the latest technology because there have been no funding made available for these schools by the Ministry of Education.

So as we can see — and this has been just one example of many others out there — inequality of access for many students who come from low decile households has increased under the Thirty-sixth Christian Democratic Executive Council.

The other thing that I simply cannot accept is their intention to bring more of the old same “market model” to supplement — some would say even partially replace — our public education. First there were the charter schools to replace public schools. And then they announced that they were looking at possibly allowing non-registered “qualified educators” from the private sector to educate our children, like properly trained and qualified teachers, to combat the school overcrowding crisis. They don’t want to properly train teachers because that would mean allocating more of taxpayers’ money for the Ministry of Education instead of, say, the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Trade’s many grants and subsidies for multi-billion-dollar corporations, or the Ministry of Energy and Science for oil exploration and other dirty fossil fuels initiatives, which will benefit, again, multi-billion-dollar corporations and not small and medium-sized mum and dad enterprises.

Let us look at the charter schools that have been opened since 2014 — have they delivered better educational outcomes for our children? The incumbent Executive Council will point out such things as higher number of students who have passed Imperial Certificate of Educational Achievement (ICEA) Level 1, 2 and 3. But what does this translate to? More job opportunities for ICEA Level 3 students? No, because today we still have roughly 371,000 students who are not studying, undertaking apprenticeships or being employed. 371,000 students — 371,000 young people who have been left behind at the same time as more and more “market model” privatisation initiatives have been forced from above towards public education.

If that’s not enough, more schools in our rural areas have now decided to recruit teachers from overseas instead of providing decent payment package for our home trained teachers. This is what three years of the Christian Democrats’ privatisation binge drinking has amounted to: the slow but sure disintegration of our traditional public education system.

Last edited by Yohannes on Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Wednesday, 26 September 2018

Postby Yohannes » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:59 pm

Das Reich: English Edition

Concerned residents rally in bid to get Christian Democratic Union across the finish line

Regency of Lindblum, 2018 — General Election Registration Day on the 26th of September looks like a carnival day in the southeastern part of Reichsgau Staschoten am Richtenräschen, a largely immigrant neighbourhood of residential apartments outside the nation’s largest industrial conurbation.

In the parking lot outside the local shopping mall, Khataiyi-Yohannesians are being asked to remove their jilbābs and niqābs by Electoral Commission officers to comply with the latest piece of legislation successfully tabled through the One Hundred and Fifteenth Parliament’s chamber, Ban on Realm Citizens Face Covering Act 2018.

To the right of the Muslim Yohannesian lines, East Asian migrants are being told to move to the right side of the electoral registration box to be identified in compliance with the penultimate piece of legislation, Registration of Yohannesian Electorates and Nation State Honour Act 2018, which requires for resident migrants, with their Migrant Identification Card, to register as voters in separate lines from citizens of the Realm. Both Acts of the Realm were initiated at the behest of Members of the Grand Coalition of Parties (GOP), who were supported by the votes of three independent Members, with the entire Christian Democratic Union (CDU) voting Nay to both collection of statutes.

Turnout will be high, says concerned resident Mr Abdul Baasid El-Sadek. “In this part of town everyone’s afraid of what a complete GOP dominance of not just the three executives but also the legislature would entail for recent migrants and refugees.” Just last week, rumours were rife all across the nation’s grand mosques and madrasas that the GOP is planning to eventually take away voting right from permanent residents who do not have a third-generation Yohannesian sponsor.

“This is basically they specifically targeting East Asian and Muslim Yohannesians who happen to be non-citizens”, says Mufti Abdul Hakeem Al-Shafi in the Royal Alexandria Grand Mosque.

“The pathway to becoming Realm Citizen from Permanent Resident is much, much harder than from, say, temporary migrant to permanent residency. One needs to earn above a certain threshold of income every year. They must also be sponsored by a Realm Citizen who is at least a third-generation citizen of the realm. That leaves out pretty much every single recent East Asian and Muslim Yohannesian migrant out there.”

Figure 1: A group of Muslim residents in Reichsgau Staschoten am Richtenräschen showing their displeasure to a local Yohannes First canvasser.

For his part, Mufti Abdul Hakeem Al-Shafi has vigorously canvassed for the Christian Democratic Party, and especially, the Green Party. “During the Electoral College Presidential debates I did not support candidate Abdullahi Lindström because I didn’t believe that then-candidate Marion Maréchal-Le Men would actually go ahead with her promises to ban face covering and eventually restrict the privileges of voting for only citizens of the realm. Especially since I knew for a fact that her husband is African Yohannesian and they have two biracial daughters.”

“Well, now I realise that although he’s an African man he’s a converted Christian — Marion Maréchal-Le Men doesn’t like us who do not adhere to the Christian faith.”

With over 1 million temporary migrants entering the nation every year since 2010, the Royal Alexandria Grand Mosque Mufti originally believed that it was only a half-hearted attempt — an empty promise — to appease the more hardcore elements of Yohannes First’s constituency. “There’s no way the GOP would try to throw away 1 million potential votes. But with both Bambemberg Laws passed, I’ll have to accept that they’re serious all along.”

“That is why I have canvassed for the Christian Democratic Union alliance this election. The GOP has promised to introduce the third Bambemberg Law, which would remove the right to vote for those permanent residents who do not have a third-generation Yohannesian sponsor. I’ve heard that they are also planning to make it so that temporary migrants without permanent residency must wear a clearly visible identification card in public.”

“I’m scared for our community. And Yohannesians who are committed to the ideals of liberty, equality and fraternity should too.”

According to a neighbouring District Constable who wished to maintain his anonymity, “Many of those rumours are completely unfounded.”

“They are voting out of fear — and they should be. We want to be good people and we want to accept law-abiding migrants. What we do not want to accept, however, are gender discrimination, honour killings, and underage forced marriages. We also want migrants who will contribute to our society by becoming architects, clerks, doctors, factory workers, and engineers — we do not want dairy shopowners, halal supermarket shelf-stackers, and non-English speaking Sushi and other East Asian restaurant waiters.”

“In 2010, the number of sexual abuse offences registered in the United States of America was 27.3 per 100,000 of population and the Federal Republic of Germany 9.4[Note 1], whilst the nineteen countries presented a rate of 70.4 per 100,000 of population — more than two times the United States, almost eight times the rate in Germany, and higher than even that of the Kingdom of Sweden. I have no doubt that the number of sexual abuse offences registered in this nation today would be much higher than back in 2010.”

“We all can guess why our rates have increased substantially since the turn of the century, and in which electorates they are mainly concentrated in. I have two young daughters who will soon leave primary. I don’t want this future for them.”

“Genug ist genug.”

Media Contact: Aleksander Westwood-Wilhelm, Senior Press Gallery Reporter. Tel: +585 2 840 6510. Email: aleksander.wilhelm2@dr.com

Note 1: Statistics on abuse. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Vote2018: First Leaders’ Debate

Postby Yohannes » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:59 am

MEGYN MARIE (Discussion Moderator): We are back from the break. There are just fifty-six days to go. The two people about to resume the stage tonight — they want to help the leaders of the two major parties to run the nation state on your behalf. To get that they need your votes. Tonight, before this audience of uncommitted voters, we plan to make them earn it. Please welcome back — the leaders of the Greens and Yohannes First: Zoe Nilsson and Marion Maréchal-Le Men.

[
    ... PHEW PHEW PHEW, thousands of whistles reverberating all around the discussion chamber... ]

MEGYN MARIE: Now, earlier tonight before the short commercial break we’ve started with the second topic of this discussion: education. The Leader of Yohannes First has finished her turn. So let us now continue with the Leader of the Greens.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:36 am

Dr ZOE NILSSON: The International Incidents community of NationStates and regions has changed dramatically since the early Jolt migration months of 2009. For that reason, the Executive Council has introduced many legal reforms vis-à-vis certain parts of the public sector, commerce and society, to name just three.

That being said, concerning education at the imperial level, there has been no substantial reform introduced since the turn of the century. It is with this in mind that we kick-started our ambitious Education Reform Act in 2015, which was integrated fully by the time of the Budget Reform Act in 2017. I can say with confidence that our far-reaching reforms since 2014 will have a fundamental impact on our education system.

When we look at older education Acts of the Realm, they had generally focused on how state and state-integrated schools should be directed from above. To follow on the Christian Democratic Union alliance’s philosophy of less state intervention, our education reforms since 2014 have tried to concentrate instead on making sure that early learning centres and state and state-integrated primary and secondary schools can prioritise on the academic and personal growth of Yohannesian children.

Previous education Acts of the Realm had mainly focused on how we run schools. Our original reforms in 2015 focused instead on making sure that schools and early education providers can ensure a more adaptable twenty-first century education with greater focus placed on the success of every young Yohannesian. In the last week of the One Hundred and Fifteenth Parliament, the Minister of Education, The Right Honourable Lady Aliena of Shiring, announced that we now have 5,516 online learners’ networks, catering to almost fourteen million current students, and that is great news.

Greater cooperation by education providers would help the pupils, would assist in their transition, and would improve their welfare. Teachers are set to gain also from greater cooperation because they will be able to find new ground to share their designs, spread good practice, compare professional development, and perhaps even resources. The education reforms we have implemented since 2015 will provide for new statutory and regulatory mechanisms to deal with the scope of these online learners’ networks — not the wholesale privatisation of public education, but the further augmentation of cooperation between education providers and willing players within the industry.

Take advances in information technology and their implications for public education. This is the month of September in the year 2018, not 1990. Since 2010 young students in our primary and secondary schools and mature students in our universities have increasingly been able to learn everywhere anytime — flipped classrooms, hybrid learning, industry player and potential employer-supported practical learning, problem based learning, and student-led learning; their effectiveness have been enhanced thanks to the world wide web. And, again, our goal has not been to privatise our public education to the highest bidders, but to meet the education needs of Yohannesian students out there. Even some of our oldest grammar schools’ traditional classroom educations — chalkboard, strap ruler, two-hour Sunday school sessions, are not immune from the omnipresent world wide web.

The old Lifelong Education Amendment Act 1991 was old-fashioned because as a collection of statutes it was created without the expectation of the fast growth in web-based communities leading to the increasing importance of online learning we can see today in 2018. Our reforms since 2015 have strived to address some restrictions in our piece of legislation that could potentially hinder the development of new best practices for public education via innovation. The Green Party is, as a confidence-and-supply partner of the Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn-led executive council, always was, and is still to come, committed to the formulation of future-focused regulatory system concerning public education in the Nineteen Countries.

Throughout the select committee submission process, the topic most frequently raised by private citizens was the quality management of the Ministry of Education’s online learners’ networks. Though that concern is able to be understood, I must point out to those watching this discussion tonight that we have a very durable accreditation process in place. We also have ongoing monitoring to ensure continuous improvement from the Ministry of Education. And finally, all online learners’ networks will be reviewed by Universal Education Authority. The Green Party, as confidence-and-supply partner in the Christian Democratic Party-led Executive Council, is a political party that believes in modernising the Nineteen Countries’ public education so that it can face new challenges of the twenty-first century.

Where we on this proverbial side of the aisle see the opportunity through our latest pieces of legislation to modernise the nation, the Leader of Yohannes First and her reactionary caucus Members see changes in public education to be resisted at every turn. When we put our thoughts into words in a democratic setting, as I believe we have through the many months of the select committee process, we want to make sure that pupils are at the centre of our thinking and that they are the most important factor in how we face new challenges in public education. The Leader of Yohannes First and her reactionary caucus Members, however, see them as the Christian Democratic Party and the Greens trying to enforce the wholesale privatisation of the public education system — last time I check, testing and achieving data by cooperating with industry players is not the same thing as privatising an entire system.

The international community of NationStates and International Incidents has continued to grow and change rapidly, and we must continue to grow to do things differently too. We recommended and then formulated greater integration of online learning as part of our Budget Reform 2017; and Yohannes First screams out loud that it somehow forces schools to go down the rabbit hole of wholesale privatisation. Yohannes First has never believed in the importance of maintaining flexibility for our collections of statutes pertaining to Budget Reform 2017. When we raise realm-wide learning process reprioritisation for public education, Yohannes First for some reason tries to turn it into a debate about aggressive privatisation targets.

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: 2018 has been a sad year for education in this Realm of fiords and mountain, as the Thirty-sixth Christian Democratic Executive Council continues to take apart and disassemble our state and state-integrated schooling system —

Dr ZOE NILSSON: Only according to you, Marion, only according to you.

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: To treat learning as something that can be offered to the market for the best competitive rate, and for the education of our children as something that can be bought or sold to the highest bidders.

Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:56 pm

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: I agree with the Commissioner for Kids’ Health, Mr Johannes Sjöström, when he rejected Budget Reform 2017 as “lipstick on a pig.”

The reform’s impact forecasting on education must be looked at all over again from the beginning right to the end. If the prioritisation of public education in Yohannes the continent was the sole reason why the whole thing was introduced — if young people have been the focus all along — then why have the incumbent Executive Council silenced the voices of worried teachers, parent teacher association representatives and school principals throughout the reform’s select committee submission process?

If to prepare state and state-integrated schools in the Nineteen Countries for the twenty-first century has been the reason all along, why were criticising teachers and apprehensive parents being isolated from the submission process? Why did the incumbent Executive Council ‘ram’ their legislative instruments through the select committee and the first and second readings? Was it because they knew that they had the number to pursue their internationalist, race-to-the-bottom neoliberal agenda?

We from the GOP will not accept that. We stand for Yohannes First. I stand for the heartland and the long-neglected bible belt.

The select committee process ran for nearly four months, that was true. But for such a long submission period, the Executive Council had received very few opposing voices, and that blighted the legitimacy of the whole education reform. Yes, she had received submissions. But did her party — as confidence-and-supply partner — try to convince the Christian Democratic Party to take opposing recommendations seriously? Before I was elected into office in March this year, the Select Committee on Education had received, I believe, 30 or so submissions from recent college graduates.

Their school principal then, Mr Marwin Wackernagel, was amongst those making early submissions. He was the principal of Royal Alexandria Grammar School — a prestigious secondary school, and alumna The Hon Zoe Nilsson would know. Mr Wackernagel, however, was not included during the policy process. He and some other principals of distinguished secondary schools were excluded from the policy development process — because the Christian Democratic Party wanted to ram their Bills through parliament’s table whilst they still had a strong majority in parliament: “No time wasted I say.”

So yes, the Commissioner for Kids’ Health, Mr Johannes Sjöström, was telling the truth when he told current affairs presenter Thor Campbell that the whole education reform and its accompanying ‘democratic’ select committee process were like putting “lipstick on a pig.”

The Hon Leader of the Green Party believed in putting our schoolchildren first before petty partisanship. I think in summary that was the message she tried to convey to the audience and voters — teachers, principals and association representatives — watching this discussion on Parliament Channel tonight. The irony is they had no say during the policy formulation stage of the select committee process. Yes, their submissions were received. But The Hon Zoe Nilsson then said, “Okay, so we’ve heaps of letters here. Where is that skip and wheelie bin hire just when you need them?”

Supporting views? It’s “Executive Council policy” rubber-stamped then.

Dr ZOE NILSSON: You are so funny, Ma —

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: The whole select committee process for this lipstick on a pig, I daresay, was just a wee undemocratic. I was there seating through the whole process and submission after submission read out by the loyal Christian Democratic chair were “I agree it’s good”, “Made my day a wee bit better”, and “The future of efficient public service” — I mean, I’m sorry but I thought this is not a one-party system we’re having here?

Dr ZOE NILSSON: Just face it. The Rt Hon Leader of Mari — Yohannes First doesn’t like it when things don’t go her way.

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: I was frustrated because the incumbent Executive Council then said, “Okay, time to ram this through the chamber and table it all the way up the final reading, and —

Dr ZOE NILSSON: “We’ve got the confidence-and-supply numbers. We’re going to ram it through” — that?

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: We’ve got the confidence-and-supply numbers —

Dr ZOE NILSSON: The Rt Hon Leader of Yohannes First goes on to say; The Rt Hon Leader of Yohannes First continues by saying.

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: We’re going to ram it through, and well, we’re going to take the naysayers’ submissions all the way out for the skip and wheelie bin hire.” It is a sad day for democracy and it is quite the tragedy.

Dr ZOE NILSSON: Like a certain party’s immigration policy.

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: Concerning problematic student isolation and withdrawals from classroom — I want to deal with that one first because that is something that I can support. I agree with the Christian Democratic Party and the Greens. I believe that it would help us in future to have this part of the consolidated statutes be made more clear. Last year, I had supported seeing this amendment be applied to the Christian Democratic Executive Council’s ambitious Education Reform Act 2015.

That being said, I would like to remind The Hon Leader of the Green Party of this: she said, in an interview before the senior press gallery in 2017, that she believed in the “de-escalation of extremely tense situations.” I did say that because I wanted her to remember her old statement — “de-escalation of extremely tense situations.” Well, last year on the last day of the One Hundred and Fifteenth Parliament she was saying in this very chamber that the headmasters of colleges[Note 1] that had “violent” pupils should immediately ring the “cops” because of “health and safety” reasons.

The cops? I’m sorry, but that is not “de-escalation of extremely tense situations.” I am not sure in what universe — scary Gholgoth with such nations as The Scandinvans and The Kraven Realm, maybe — ringing the boys in blue to deal with an eighteen-year-old student could be described as “de-escalation of extremely tense situations.” If state and state-integrated institutions are going to effectively deal with troublesome pupils coming from poverty, broken gang homes and inner-city violence, and most of these inner-city schools do — five days every week for the whole school term — then we must give them enough material resources through legislative assistance. No — not a visit from the local police officers. These inner-city schools that are struggling because of overcrowding and underfunding need to be supported, and yet they are not.

The reality is the Christian Democratic Executive Council is not making education progress on what truly matters on the ground, which is to allow our generation to enjoy quality, wraparound support and learning that will enable them to pursue their dreams and reach their true potentials. For this to happen, the Green Party needs to realise that all pupils are different; that they have different strengths and weaknesses. We should not be focusing our efforts only for science and engineering students while abandoning the humanities and social science students, for instance.

While I agree that we must keep on supporting our bright engineers, mathematicians and scientists, we should ideally expand this support to our graduate teachers and nurses too. We need them to help keep this nation running. The education system must expand its impact, and yet the Thirty-sixth Christian Democratic Executive Council has been encouraging the Ministry of Education to narrow its focus down to a very narrow range of targets and performance.

On the undemocratic, top-down online learners’ networks — everyone in the parent-teacher association and education communities says they want to give their input and cooperate with the Thirty-sixth Christian Democratic Executive Council. Input sharing and cooperation is something they are prepared to do for the sake of on the ground practicality and efficiency, and what have they got from the incumbent Executive Council? An undemocratic, top-down, inside the beltway nonsense —

Dr ZOE NILSSON: My neighbour is a teacher and she loves it.

MARION MARÉCHAL-LE MEN: — a deficit of purpose from inside the beltway and members of the Christian Democratic Party establishment: this legislative initiative called the “online learners’ networks.” I’m sorry? No, they do not love it. They hate it. Parent-teacher associations from the suburbia hate it, and yet they must accept this undemocratic plan — and are forced to work together with schools from the inner-city communities — to get that supplementary education funding from the government.

To The Hon Leader of the Green Party, I will say to her, if it was really that successful and popular with the suburbia parents and teachers, why then that of the 30.2 billion NationStates Dollars that the incumbent Executive Council has allocated for the programme, only around 1.6 billion NSD of that has been allocated for the suburbs — and all of the recipients have been low decile inner-city schools with a long history of underfunding? It is because experienced teachers disagree with her government’s undemocratic approach to public school education and responsible parents do not want her “forced busing” approach to public school education.

Note 1: In the Realm of Yohannes, the word “college” refers to a secondary school (high school).

Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

First Leaders’ Debate—Banking and Industry

Postby Yohannes » Fri May 17, 2019 1:21 pm

MEGYN MARIE (Discussion Moderator): We are back from our second break. There are just 56 days to go. The two people about to resume the stage tonight—they want to help the leaders of the two major parties to run the nation-state on your behalf. To get that they need your votes. Tonight, before an audience of uncommitted voters, we plan to make them earn it.

Please welcome back—the leaders of the Greens and Yohannes First: Zoe Nilsson and Marion Maréchal-Le Men.

[
    … “PHEW PHEW PHEW,” whistles reverberating in the small room … ]

MEGYN MARIE: Now, earlier tonight before the second commercial break we were finishing with the second topic of this discussion: education. The Leader of Yohannes First has finished her turn. So let us now start with the Leader of the Green Party for the next topic: our banking sector and the state of the Nineteen Countries’ industrial economy.

Last edited by Yohannes on Fri May 17, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed May 29, 2019 8:44 pm

Bank of Yohannes I Parenga-Motu
Parliament Square, Te Whanganui-a-Tara
BY9 1008, Alexandria, Yohannes
Contact Us
Customer Service0800 117 7442
From Overseas+585 53381717

Submission on the Inquiry into
Future Monetary Target Consensus
Received 7 September 2018

As reviewed and approved before the
Select Committee on Ways and Means
11 September 2018

Certified copy—formalised by Clerk of the Committee

1. This submission is from The Bank of Yohannes Share Ownership Limited Corporation first traded in the Stock Exchange of Yohannes and registered in the Kingdom of Alexandria, acting through its Royal Alexandria Parliament Square Branch and situated at Economic Palace, Level 7, Parliament Square, Royal Alexandria.

2. We do not wish to speak before the committee led by Mr Robert Mueller to present our evidence of any wrongdoing.

3. This submission is being written on behalf of The Bank of Yohannes by Reichenau & Partners Solicitors.

4. We can be contacted at:

Wiebke Kästner
    Partner and Government Team Leader
    Reichenau & Partners Solicitors
    Freedom House
    Level 7
    Minnesota Avenue
    Royal Alexandria
    Phone: (05) 241 1035
    wiebkekaestner@reichenaulaw.co.yo
Additional statements

5. We wish to state the following concerning the general topic of this inquiry, mainly under purpose and structures of inquiry 3, namely to investigate the role of productivity in monetary policy and the supply capacity of the Yohannesian economy, how it can be tweaked, and the challenge presented in doing so.

6. As one of the “Big Five” in Yohannesian banking we do not wish to influence Executive Council fiscal strategy and the Office of the Minister of the Treasury and Wealth Fund’s fiscal policy framework. However, we wish to point out the risk to domestic cash depositors that an increase in the Imperial Cash Rate (ICR) could bring.

7. As a major bank in the Nineteen Countries we do not have a view on whether or not ICR should be lifted. We however, do wish to point out that that could reduce the amount of withholding tax deducted by the Executive Council.

8. Whilst accepting that we will not speak before the committee led by Mr Robert Mueller, we would appreciate a Select Committee confirmation as to which ICR policy recommendation option would be chosen by the Chair.

Yours sincerely,

WIEBKE

Wiebke Kästner
Partner and Government Team Leader
Reichenau & Partners Solicitors
Tel: +585 5 241 1035 | Email: wiebkekaestner@reichenaulaw.co.yo
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed May 29, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Thu May 30, 2019 11:11 pm

Maréchal-Le Men Parliament House (@Maréchal-LeMenParliamentHouse)
Just now from Kingdom of Alexandria, Yohannes

“For the first time in the history of our nation a majority of our young people believe that the next ten years will be worse than the past ten years. There is a housing crisis nationwide. Schools are overcrowded and teachers are overworked—as more immigrants from newly-industrialised nations of the Orient arrive here by the thousands every week.”

“Under the Thirty-sixth Christian Democratic Executive Council the Wall Street and money have won the day—not the Common Street and the people. Foreign investors have inflated prices of houses in our once affordable suburbs. Like a tsunami, non-citizens and illegal immigrants who came from nations with cultures far different from the Realm of fiords and mountain have flooded our borders.”

“In our largest city Halsten alone, we need to build at least 78,000 houses a year to accommodate the influx of immigrants and non-citizens. But instead of coming here to help build houses and fuel the productive sector of our economy, our new immigrants and non-citizens have opened up noodle canteen shops and sushi restaurants. Some work in grocery stores—taking jobs from our hard-working high school students—while others commit crimes and fill the underground belly of Oriental Gambling Street, harming our cultures to the detriment of our children.”

“When the hard-working parents of our children want to move away from neighbourhoods with a high proportion of immigrants, suddenly the Christian Democratic Party and the Greens want to unconstitutionally establish ‘Forced Busing’ to ‘desegregate our neighbourhoods.’ Yohannes First strongly believe in the Third Amendment, and we will fight for the rights of our citizens first before others.”

“Yohannes First choose to fight for the rights of our people first—not foreign investors, illegal immigrants and non-citizens. The Common Street—not the Wall Street.”

“Yohannes First believe in separate but equal facilities for non-citizens and illegal immigrants. Separate but equal schools and hospital facilities for migrants and non-citizens.”

“Say no to Forced Busing.”

“Vote Separate But Equal.”

“Vote GOP 2020—Yohannes First.”

@Maréchal-Le Men Parliament House in “Realm Parliament General Debate Day” issue #209,105.

#voteGOP #NationStates2019

|⇧ UPVOTE| |⇩ DOWNVOTE| |REPLY|

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates