NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange World :: Civilization's Dawn (OOC/Signup)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you want an Archives Page?

Yes, in the future.
38%
Yes, Now.
40%
No.
4%
Not sure.
18%

Total votes : 55

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:07 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:So will a post come out today? I don't mind waiting, just curious.

Also what exactly is the extent of runes? I was hoping they could be used for making magical armor, but if it keeps decaying, it doesn't make good gear.

I believe we're waiting on a few folks still.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:41 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:So will a post come out today? I don't mind waiting, just curious.

Also what exactly is the extent of runes? I was hoping they could be used for making magical armor, but if it keeps decaying, it doesn't make good gear.

Looking back at the posts, I think only the newcomers haven't posted, those who haven't made their mark on the world.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:28 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Looking back at the posts, I think only the newcomers haven't posted, those who haven't made their mark on the world.

Plus me...
I'm still not home, really sorry... :/
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:39 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Looking back at the posts, I think only the newcomers haven't posted, those who haven't made their mark on the world.

Plus me...
I'm still not home, really sorry... :/

Kein Problem
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:11 pm

I think we can get a bare bones no fluff update

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:29 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:I think we can get a bare bones no fluff update

Im hoping sometime rather soon, as nobody has posted in the ic in a while
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:32 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:I think we can get a bare bones no fluff update

Im hoping sometime rather soon, as nobody has posted in the ic in a while

Gametopian, still has to post I think, before we can have a update.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:46 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:Im hoping sometime rather soon, as nobody has posted in the ic in a while

Gametopian, still has to post I think, before we can have a update.

Honestly it shouldn't be a issue for Gametopians to simply get his barebones update after everyone else.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:21 pm

It's up, it's hasty, but it's up.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:00 am

So I found Novas.

All I need is to trap beavers for sacrifice, that's all.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Terminus Pheonix
Attaché

Founded: Feb 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Pheonix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:06 am

Ralnis wrote:So I found Novas.

You found me, actually. Maybe we can work out some kind of trade, like beavers for copper?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:18 am

Terminus Pheonix wrote:
Ralnis wrote:So I found Novas.

You found me, actually. Maybe we can work out some kind of trade, like beavers for copper?

Really? I need live beavers though for the blood sacrifice, so if you can do that, I will trade copper.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:20 am

Ralnis if we find each other I'll trap animals for you in exchange for resources.
I'm Northwest of Terminus, so it's a matter of time.

Terminus Pheonix
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Pheonix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:26 am

Ralnis wrote:
Terminus Pheonix wrote:You found me, actually. Maybe we can work out some kind of trade, like beavers for copper?

Really? I need live beavers though for the blood sacrifice, so if you can do that, I will trade copper.

I'd need some training in trapping first, but I believe that's possible in a couple years, once we've made official IC contact.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:28 am

Terminus, we'll have to agree on a border at some point, but we have a while on that one.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:05 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Ralnis if we find each other I'll trap animals for you in exchange for resources.
I'm Northwest of Terminus, so it's a matter of time.

Then either you or Terminus were the tribe the Dead showed Ulls years ago. But I wouldn't mind, it allows me to keep researching necromancy and the Blackstones I just got.

Terminus Pheonix wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Really? I need live beavers though for the blood sacrifice, so if you can do that, I will trade copper.

I'd need some training in trapping first, but I believe that's possible in a couple years, once we've made official IC contact.

I can do that, or try to trap the beavers myself.

Terminus Pheonix
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Pheonix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:41 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Terminus, we'll have to agree on a border at some point, but we have a while on that one.

We're really deep into prehistory and even in later stages of civilization borders were very fluid, so if we are gonna have anything like an exclusive territory, I'd suggest a boundary being the area of our tribes' main encampments and the surroundings up to where they transform into terra incognita.

Terminus Pheonix wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Really? I need live beavers though for the blood sacrifice, so if you can do that, I will trade copper.

I can do that, or try to trap the beavers myself.[/quote]

I mean you can set up the traps now, but if you're continually trapping beavers over a year, the Fergduns are going to know. Luckily, they are welcoming people, but if you keep doing it without the trade or telling the tribe, they may take some of the beavers and traps for themselves.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:51 am

Terminus Pheonix wrote:

I can do that, or try to trap the beavers myself.[/quote]

I mean you can set up the traps now, but if you're continually trapping beavers over a year, the Fergduns are going to know. Luckily, they are welcoming people, but if you keep doing it without the trade or telling the tribe, they may take some of the beavers and traps for themselves.[/quote]

No I will trade the copper, I have more than enough for what I need, but I just need small animals to kill for necromancy research for my tribe.

This also will make me want to writing and mathematics for trade and start making some more advancing the culture.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:53 am

Terminus Pheonix wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Terminus, we'll have to agree on a border at some point, but we have a while on that one.

We're really deep into prehistory and even in later stages of civilization borders were very fluid, so if we are gonna have anything like an exclusive territory, I'd suggest a boundary being the area of our tribes' main encampments and the surroundings up to where they transform into terra incognita.

Said like a tribe that doesn't intend to have a long term population of beavers!
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:23 pm

Do I have to research math/numbers? Also I still want to know they'd extent of runes, assuming I want to use them for making magical armor, I very well can't let it crumble into oblivion.

Terminus Pheonix
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Pheonix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Terminus Pheonix wrote:We're really deep into prehistory and even in later stages of civilization borders were very fluid, so if we are gonna have anything like an exclusive territory, I'd suggest a boundary being the area of our tribes' main encampments and the surroundings up to where they transform into terra incognita.

Said like a tribe that doesn't intend to have a long term population of beavers!

I won't sugarcoat it, by the end of this, those beavers are gonna be in fringe, marginal land at best. Horticulture, especially swidden, takes up a lot of land.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:54 pm

Terminus Pheonix wrote:

I won't sugarcoat it, by the end of this, those beavers are gonna be in fringe, marginal land at best. Horticulture, especially swidden, takes up a lot of land.

I say Xcotl would try to keep populations up, since they are capable of being easily captured and be used for undead rituals.

Terminus Pheonix
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Pheonix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:29 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Terminus Pheonix wrote:

I say Xcotl would try to keep populations up, since they are capable of being easily captured and be used for undead rituals.

I'm not gonna completely wipe them out if I can help it, but food comes first.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Terminus Pheonix wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I say Xcotl would try to keep populations up, since they are capable of being easily captured and be used for undead rituals.

Which is why I have different foodstuffs and blackstones which I will try to lure animals to my lands for easy hunting and trapping.

Terminus Pheonix
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Pheonix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Terminus Pheonix wrote:

Which is why I have different foodstuffs and blackstones which I will try to lure animals to my lands for easy hunting and trapping.

This bring up a question I'd like to ask the OP board about - to my knowledge the prevailing theory of dog domestication is that they were wolves brave enough to scavenge from human encampments but not fierce enough to attack humans. How would we replicate that with the lightning dogs or giant wolves, for example?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse