NATION

PASSWORD

[OOC, Small Globe only] Small Globe Discussions

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Small Globe
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

[OOC, Small Globe only] Small Globe Discussions

Postby Small Globe » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:21 pm

Small Globe Discussion Thread

This Thread is for nations in the region Small Globe only.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:23 pm

The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Small Globe
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Small Globe » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:25 pm

It was closed for be in the wrong forum. This is the new one.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:32 pm

Small Globe wrote:

It was closed for be in the wrong forum. This is the new one.

Erm, you do know that Reppy said "If you want a region-only chat thread, that's not no place here; many regions use Discord for their region-only chat," right?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Small Globe
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Small Globe » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Small Globe wrote:It was closed for be in the wrong forum. This is the new one.

Erm, you do know that Reppy said "If you want a region-only chat thread, that's not no place here; many regions use Discord for their region-only chat," right?

Just a hint for you: Are you a mod or which part of “Small Globe only“ do you people dont get when you give your two cents here?
Last edited by Small Globe on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Taiouan
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Taiouan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:56 am

Some of you wanted to discuss some major points of common history.

Here is my suggestion: Let's start with the more recent and important issues, that happen in the 20th century. If we need, we can go back in time from that events on.

Regarding World Wars, here is my vision: Instead of two, like in RL, we had one "Great War" at the beginning of the 20th century (somewhere between 1910 and 1920).
台湾 永远
The Imperial Republic of
TAIOUAN

'The land of the dragon under the sun'

Please note: I am no native speaker, please apologize my english.

Pruszia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Pruszia » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:05 am

Taiouan wrote:Some of you wanted to discuss some major points of common history.

Here is my suggestion: Let's start with the more recent and important issues, that happen in the 20th century. If we need, we can go back in time from that events on.

Regarding World Wars, here is my vision: Instead of two, like in RL, we had one "Great War" at the beginning of the 20th century (somewhere between 1910 and 1920).

I think that is the most practicable way, yes.
For my nation it would be perfect if there was only one war around that time. I would even offer, that Pruszia was one of the loosers of this war. This would best describe how my nation gets into the hand of the glorious world revolution! 8)
Demokratische Republik Pruszien

Pruszia Factbook
Small Globe Regional Map

Willonia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Willonia » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:53 am

Is there such a thing as colonialism?

If so, the war could have been fought between the Wartopan colonial masters and the colonies. The Colonies united, and went to victory, resulting in another large scale conflict in Wartopa immediately after, when the Feudal Monarchies were dissolved and replaced with new ideologies and government forms.

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Willonia wrote:Is there such a thing as colonialism?

If so, the war could have been fought between the Wartopan colonial masters and the colonies. The Colonies united, and went to victory, resulting in another large scale conflict in Wartopa immediately after, when the Feudal Monarchies were dissolved and replaced with new ideologies and government forms.

If that was the case then I suggest that the Auroras were their only colonies, with Coral being considered part of the Acerian world.

Taiouan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Taiouan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:33 pm

New Piscea wrote:
Willonia wrote:Is there such a thing as colonialism?

If that was the case then I suggest that the Auroras were their only colonies, with Coral being considered part of the Acerian world.

Colonialism, yes for sure. But not in the scale of real life, it would limit new nations in Frikana and Auroria that may not want to have a colonial past. I think a Waropa conflict would be easier to explain.
台湾 永远
The Imperial Republic of
TAIOUAN

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:46 pm

Taiouan wrote:
New Piscea wrote:If that was the case then I suggest that the Auroras were their only colonies, with Coral being considered part of the Acerian world.

Colonialism, yes for sure. But not in the scale of real life, it would limit new nations in Frikana and Auroria that may not want to have a colonial past. I think a Waropa conflict would be easier to explain.

Hmmm ok im willing to offer my own nation up to have been subserviant to a waropan empire

Pruszia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pruszia » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:22 pm

New Piscea wrote:
Taiouan wrote:

Hmmm ok im willing to offer my own nation up to have been subserviant to a waropan empire

A former colony and a war looser. I think this can work cause not everyone wants to be the hero and winner here...
Last edited by Pruszia on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pruszia Factbook
Small Globe Regional Map

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:26 pm

Pruszia wrote:
New Piscea wrote:Hmmm ok im willing to offer my own nation up to have been subserviant to a waropan empire

A former colony and a war looser. I think this can work cause not everyone wants to be the hero and winner here...

Given that my nation had already been conquered twice a third time wouldnt be a stretch. Just need to know by who and what kind of colony it was
Last edited by New Piscea on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Willonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Willonia » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:38 pm

Willonia historically was an Empire, until about the 17th century, but was then dissolved.

It was reunified in the early 19th century under a monarchy,
which could have well been a dominant power in this war.

Therefore it could make sense the New Piscae was a Willonian colony?
Last edited by Willonia on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:06 pm

Willonia wrote:Willonia historically was an Empire, until about the 17th century, but was then dissolved.

It was reunified in the early 19th century under a monarchy,
which could have well been a dominant power in this war.

Therefore it could make sense the New Piscae was a Willonian colony?

Yes it would. But what RL colony would it be like?

Willonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Willonia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:14 am

New Piscea wrote:Yes it would. But what RL colony would it be like?

It really depends on Demographics, but I'd say a bit like French Indochina. Like the British Raj was dissolved peacefully, New Piscea is returned, maybe except for a city state on the coast, a bit like Hong Kong or Macau, which isn't returned until the Early 90s. If you like, I could make one of my states or a monarch called Piscea, so then when Willonian colonists came, they named it after one of them.

Pruszia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pruszia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:32 am

New Piscea wrote:
Pruszia wrote:A former colony and a war looser. I think this can work cause not everyone wants to be the hero and winner here...

Given that my nation had already been conquered twice a third time wouldnt be a stretch. Just need to know by who and what kind of colony it was

Pruszia was imperialist, but had not much colonies. The few get lost after the loss of the war and the revolution in 1918/19.
Last edited by Pruszia on Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pruszia Factbook
Small Globe Regional Map

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:36 am

Willonia wrote:
New Piscea wrote:Yes it would. But what RL colony would it be like?

It really depends on Demographics, but I'd say a bit like French Indochina. Like the British Raj was dissolved peacefully, New Piscea is returned, maybe except for a city state on the coast, a bit like Hong Kong or Macau, which isn't returned until the Early 90s. If you like, I could make one of my states or a monarch called Piscea, so then when Willonian colonists came, they named it after one of them.

Piscea was the last water state (The Water States were famous for their navies and consisted of Cansear, Scorpea, Piscea, and a handfull of towns allied to them) to fall during the second part of the Zodia-Pisirania war which took place between 246 and 250 AD (its also known as the Water States-Pisiranian war as the other states of the federation including Zodia fell during the three month war in 246 AD leading to the defacto independence of the water states) with its long survival, advanced technology, powerfull fleet, and complete destruction resulting in it becoming legendary among those that traded with Aceria, while Zodia itself was mostly forgotten by those outside of what is now New Piscea. Its also worth mentioning that Piscea was never rebuilt after its destruction.

Pruszia wrote:
New Piscea wrote:Given that my nation had already been conquered twice a third time wouldnt be a stretch. Just need to know by who and what kind of colony it was

Pruszia was imperialist, but had not much colonies. The few get lost after the loss of the war and the revolution in 1918/19.

What kind of colonies?
Last edited by New Piscea on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pruszia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pruszia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:44 am

New Piscea wrote:
Willonia wrote:It really depends on Demographics, but I'd say a bit like French Indochina. Like the British Raj was dissolved peacefully, New Piscea is returned, maybe except for a city state on the coast, a bit like Hong Kong or Macau, which isn't returned until the Early 90s. If you like, I could make one of my states or a monarch called Piscea, so then when Willonian colonists came, they named it after one of them.

Piscea was the last water state (The Water States were famous for their navies and consisted of Cansear, Scorpea, Piscea, and a handfull of towns allied to them) to fall during the second part of the Zodia-Pisirania war which took place between 246 and 250 AD (its also known as the Water States-Pisiranian war as the other states of the federation including Zodia fell during the three month war in 246 AD leading to the defacto independence of the water states) with its long survival, advanced technology, powerfull fleet, and complete destruction resulting in it becoming legendary among those that traded with Aceria, while Zodia itself was mostly forgotten by those outside of what is now New Piscea. Its also worth mentioning that Piscea was never rebuilt after its destruction.

Pruszia wrote:

What kind of colonies?

A bigger one in Frikana and a little in Aceria I would say.

Pruszia Factbook
Small Globe Regional Map

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:20 am

Pruszia wrote:
New Piscea wrote:

What kind of colonies?

A bigger one in Frikana and a little in Aceria I would say.

Like the French Empire

Pruszia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pruszia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:36 am

More like the german. France had much.

Pruszia Factbook
Small Globe Regional Map

Taiouan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Taiouan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:38 am

Okay, time for some first facts, to bring this things forward:

There was one big war.
It lasted from 1912-1918.
Involved nations so far: Willonia, Pruszia, New Piscea and Gustavia.
Pruszia is one of the loosers and had territorial losses in favor of Gustavia. It lost all colonies.
Willonia also lost its oversea holdings for example in New Piscea.

What more?
Last edited by Taiouan on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
台湾 永远
The Imperial Republic of
TAIOUAN

Pruszia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pruszia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:42 am

Taiouan wrote:Okay, time for some first facts, to bring this things forward:

There was one big war.
Pruszia is one of the loosers and had territorial losses in favor of Gustavia. It lost all colonies.

What more?

So far, so good. I made a first dispatch with some more details: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1108012

Pruszia Factbook
Small Globe Regional Map

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:18 am

There was one big war.

What more?

Might need a few war attrocities commited against the New Piscean, and at least one mayor battle fought in the Hidden sea

Pruszia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pruszia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:45 am

New Piscea wrote:

There was one big war.

What more?

Might need a few war attrocities commited against the New Piscean, and at least one mayor battle fought in the Hidden sea

Yes, that sound good! However, I think all we need is a rough structure, all other things like this details can be added in bilateral or multilateral negotiations. We do not need to set every detail here I would say.

Pruszia Factbook
Small Globe Regional Map

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates