NATION

PASSWORD

Veritas In Oblivione {DEAD}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Charlia wrote:Nothing wrong with siblings. It is one of the few often succesful ways to get me emotional.

Whether that's 'a mixture of happiness and sadness' or 'pure rage and hatred and possibly the occasional panic attack' depends on the state of said sibling relationship. I prefer the good ones. XD

Speaking of which I need to ponder rewriting Anastasia's backstory for Imperial War Academy before Trace relaunches it. Christ could return any day now so me saying I expect it to be relaunched before he returns doesn't mean much. XD

Need to highlight how she kept teetering on the edge but her siblings who don't know they are her siblings keep pulling her back without realizing it and she can't tell them since she is their bodyguard and servant (and illegitimate obviously).
Ah yes, that reminds me, I'll be in there too when it does come back

My inferiority complex and feelings of being left out + Thrace talking about something that depressed him inspired me and drove me to create a character for it, so

Yeah. XD

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:@Faal Dunno if you saw my mention in the flood of Charli's char appearance scariness, but I finished off the bio. Not sure if it's at the level you're looking for, but it's at least complete.

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Dust to Dust works through contact? And it should take time to use it (increased time to turn large things to dust).

Ah, I missed it in that very flood :p
And yes, that's what I had in mind. I imagine she would get faster at it as she became more experienced, but she is practically a teen elf at 160.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Charlia wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Speaking of which I need to ponder rewriting Anastasia's backstory for Imperial War Academy before Trace relaunches it. Christ could return any day now so me saying I expect it to be relaunched before he returns doesn't mean much. XD

Need to highlight how she kept teetering on the edge but her siblings who don't know they are her siblings keep pulling her back without realizing it and she can't tell them since she is their bodyguard and servant (and illegitimate obviously).
Ah yes, that reminds me, I'll be in there too when it does come back

My inferiority complex and feelings of being left out + Thrace talking about something that depressed him inspired me and drove me to create a character for it, so

Yeah. XD

Yes Trace talked to me about IWA as well and mentioned you. And yeah should be amusing to see Michael shipped with someone, old boy needs it and mine are too busy doing things like being lunatics, drinking engine fuel, sitting in the back and slapping people, or worshiping my other characters. Oh and trying not to explode because she thinks she is a worthless monster thanks to her father experimenting on her.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Charlia wrote:Ah yes, that reminds me, I'll be in there too when it does come back

Yeah. XD

Yes Trace talked to me about IWA as well and mentioned you. And yeah should be amusing to see Michael shipped with someone, old boy needs it and mine are too busy doing things like being lunatics, drinking engine fuel, sitting in the back and slapping people, or worshiping my other characters. Oh and trying not to explode because she thinks she is a worthless monster thanks to her father experimenting on her.
So many characters with zero self-esteem around here.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:25 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Ah, I missed it in that very flood :p
And yes, that's what I had in mind. I imagine she would get faster at it as she became more experienced, but she is practically a teen elf at 160.

Then accepted
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:30 pm

Should have my dryads done sometime tonight or tomorrow. Bio and magic is the hardest part but I think I have an idea for the most part.

Charlia wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Yes Trace talked to me about IWA as well and mentioned you. And yeah should be amusing to see Michael shipped with someone, old boy needs it and mine are too busy doing things like being lunatics, drinking engine fuel, sitting in the back and slapping people, or worshiping my other characters. Oh and trying not to explode because she thinks she is a worthless monster thanks to her father experimenting on her.
So many characters with zero self-esteem around here.

The most normal one is probably the personal who is raised to be a servant and killing machine and went through a training regimen that actually causes people to break to at least Charlotte's level and stay in that state. And she came out relatively normal and well adjusted.
After that there is:
Prince Rache: Normal for the most part but worried about turning into a lunatic, thinks drinking distilled engine fuel is a perfectly acceptable past time as a side note. No reason, just does.
Anastasia: Abused unto the point of almost breaking, has to protect her siblings without telling them they are her siblings, went through the training mentioned above.
Princess Rain: Complete lunatic and takes joy in genocide, worships her cousin (Rache)
Flavia: Experimented upon by her father and thinks she is a monster due to the results (telepathy, telekinesis, stuff like that)

As for others... yeah normal well adjusted individuals are a rarity in that RP.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Should have my dryads done sometime tonight or tomorrow. Bio and magic is the hardest part but I think I have an idea for the most part.

Charlia wrote:So many characters with zero self-esteem around here.

The most normal one is probably the personal who is raised to be a servant and killing machine and went through a training regimen that actually causes people to break to at least Charlotte's level and stay in that state. And she came out relatively normal and well adjusted.
After that there is:
Prince Rache: Normal for the most part but worried about turning into a lunatic, thinks drinking distilled engine fuel is a perfectly acceptable past time as a side note. No reason, just does.
Anastasia: Abused unto the point of almost breaking, has to protect her siblings without telling them they are her siblings, went through the training mentioned above.
Princess Rain: Complete lunatic and takes joy in genocide, worships her cousin (Rache)
Flavia: Experimented upon by her father and thinks she is a monster due to the results (telepathy, telekinesis, stuff like that)

Haha, well mine was inspired by the character which seems to have depressed Thrace more than any of mine, so...

Of course she won't be in any sort of good condition ;)

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:11 pm

Charlia wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Should have my dryads done sometime tonight or tomorrow. Bio and magic is the hardest part but I think I have an idea for the most part.

After that there is:

Haha, well mine was inspired by the character which seems to have depressed Thrace more than any of mine, so...

That should be interesting and I expect nothing less of you Char.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:56 pm

Not perfectly happy but if I think of more I will put it in later

Character App
Name: Valerian
Sex:Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Race: Dryad
Bio: "Two twins, born of the same root of the same tree, to wander the world and spread and understand nature is our purpose" Said the young dryad when pretending to be enigmatic. He is the elder of a set of twins and is by far the more talkative one. Not much else to say about that seeing as they both left home at a young age to wander the world and learn of other forests and other facets of nature while also tending to nature where they find. No reason in particular besides their own desires but that soon evolved into a desire to spread nature, to create new life in the world and restore forests so they walked with that goal in mind. Perhaps the starry eyed ideal of children but they have a long time to work and watch their labors develop and grow. Quite literally they are children by their species standards and have already spent a good portion of their life wandering. They joined up with the expedition seeing it as an easier way to explore and plus plain curiosity that drives them, that and they doubt that they would be welcomed in any expedition put forward by the Sanctuary since they basically are children by their kind's standards and no one reasonable would invite children along. Younger races would think they are fairly old though.

As befitting his talents he is the healer of the twins, supporting his sister in her fights with his bow.
Appearance:
Height 7'10

Magic Type: Green Magic
Magic Sigil/Circle and Location:
Located on the back of his right hand

Magic Ability:
[*]Plant Acceleration: He can accelerate, relatively anyway, the growth of plants around him including making seeds sprout faster and trees grow.
[*]Herb Acceleration: He can accelerate the effects any herbs or plants ingested or applied meaning herbal medicine heals faster and poisons work quicker. He needs to be in relative proximity and needs to know exactly what the plants used to be able to do this at his level though.
[*]Plant Manipulation: He is capable of manipulating plants into moving or acting in various ways he wants to, he is not as skilled at it as his sister though.
[*]Plant Sense: Able to sense plants around him and what kind of plants they are to a relative degree of accuracy.
[*]Plant Examination: Able to examine a plant and find out things like if it is poisonous, has medicinal properties, average life span, amount of sunlight and water needed, etc.
[*]Plant Healing: Able to heal diseased and injured plants to an extent. Meaning he can reconnect a flower to its stem after it has been plucked but can't fix a tree that was set on fire or a plant that was mulched.
Skills:Expert medicinal and plant knowledge
Passable archer
Fast runner
Good cook
Equipment: A leather medicine pouch, a backpack, a book of herbs, writing materials, a dagger, a bow, a set of arrows, a set of basic clothes

RP Sample: (If I know you, you can pass on this, if not... or I don't remember you, then no skipping.)
Did you read the Rules? Yes
What about number 6? Yes and I will be sure to count to Q

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Despite being older than humans can dream to live to he is a child in the dryad sense and it shows with his curiosity about the world, he is fairly polite and kind if aloof and bookish at times.
Likes: Nature, gardening, reading, history, wandering around, taking walks.
Dislikes: Fire, disrespecting nature, people being rude to his sister.

Alignment: Lawful Good
Theme Song:

Character App
Name:Kalmia
Sex: Female
Bio: The other twin, "born of the same root of the same tree as my brother", always together but different sides of the coin for she takes upon herself the image of natures judge and executioner, nature at its base is cruel and its laws inviolable. Alongside her brother she wanders the world but unlike he who plants things and encourages the growth of nature she protects what is left or deals with disturbances that requires violence. This has made her extremely pragmatic but also fairly uncompromising.

Aside from that they are actually unsure which of the two were born first as it has been so long ago but she adopts the role of younger sibling. She doesn't speak much actually preferring her brother to do the talking and the one she mostly speaks to is her brother. Out of the pair of them she is definitely the fighter and will protect them both.

Compared to her brother her position on the younger races is a bit more on the contempt side as she sees them as flowers, like her brother does, but that their ideas as a result are pointless because they are so short lived compared to a long lived race like hers. She also has the rather unorthodox opinion that dryads are technically immortal seeing as they simply turn into trees upon death and those continue reproducing and spreading their seeds, a very unorthodox opinion to be sure. Which is why she occasionally refers to non-dryads as mortals.
Appearance:
Height 7'4

Magic Type: Green Magic
Located on the back of her left hand

Magic Ability:
[*]Barkskin: Relatively simple that with enough focus she can create a skin of bark over any part of her body, not as good as metal armor but it is very protective against most things. However at her level she can only manage to cover a single limb with it. Theoretically she can apply it to someone she is in physical contact with but it is by no means certain at her current skill level
[*]Plant Manipulation - Tangle: A specialization of her brother's plant acceleration and the magic where she can cause grass or vines to grow and either tie up (more difficult) or tangle around the feet of another person.
[*]Plant Manipulation - Sphere: She is able to manipulate plants to grow and form a barrier around herself and others around her. It takes a massive effort and ties up her focus and can be weak depending on material used but it is what it is.
[*]Plant Manipulation - Plant Sword: She can manipulate plants around her to form a sword if she needs it, not sturdy by any means at her current skill level it is razor sharp regardless of the plants composing it. Technically this is simply plant manipulation but she is best at making weapons with it.
[*]Animal communication: Is capable of communicating with animals to a relative degree of accuracy.
Skills:Skilled staff user and a fairly skilled tracker when it comes to animals in the forests
Equipment: A quarterstaff made of wood, a leather backpack containing her personal possessions, a set of plain clothes

RP Sample: (If I know you, you can pass on this, if not... or I don't remember you, then no skipping.)
Did you read the Rules? Yes.
What about number 6? Of course I did, the answer is 42 btw.

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Unsure, kinda winging it to be honest as I cannot think of much for her personality at the moment but she is a pragmatic person and not friendly.
Likes: Her brother, rivers, bathing, nature, gardening, berry wine
Dislikes: Fire, disrespect to nature, disrespect to her brother, quite a few humans and dwarves and being bothered for no good reason by other people. She also doesn't like being treated as a child, even if she is one by her people's standards.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHclPuD2Ufc
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:11 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Charlia wrote:Haha, well mine was inspired by the character which seems to have depressed Thrace more than any of mine, so...

Why, thank you. XD

...What you wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Valerian

What I read: Image

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:35 pm

Charlia wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Why, thank you. XD

...What you wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Valerian

.... :shock:

In seriousness I just used that name since it is a flower's name, same for the sister. :P But now I can't help but see it now when I look at the name. :P

Solisian Union
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Solisian Union » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Solisian Union wrote:Character App
Name: Vera Sara Zana
Race: Demihuman
Bio: She was born in a small village within The Epostolis. Her parents were refugees from a small country that was overrun by the Orcish Hordes. She was raised to be a fighter and a teacher, often to small children that were not human. Sometimes though she would teach human children, especially those that belonged to her friendly neighbors. When she was younger, she used to have some human friends but as she became older, she was bullied for her ears and tail. It made her stop seeking human friendship for while. Meanwhile though she developed her own magic which was based on her ability to grace her weapons and armor with power. She does this by singing simple songs to them before battle and then touching them with the palms of her hands. She worships Ozthar and Optune as well as Onera and Cimus. Her reason for worshipping these four gods was because of her parents. Her family practiced their faith in a radically different way from others simply because her father, the head of the family, was treated badly by a fake priest.
Appearance:

Please disregard her modern equipment - Adjust for technology used in this RP

Magic Type: Armament Magic - She is able to enchant her weapons by singing simple songs she writes for her weapons and armor specifically before battle and also by placing her palms on them until the song is sung. She also has to do it after praying to her gods and is limited to enchanting her weapon weapons but can enchant the armor of others provided she does it only a dozen times before finally exhausting her magic.

Her enchantments, as of this time, have improved very much. With her magic, she could make weak weapons and armor stronger and she could also grace them with repairs.
Magic Ability: Enchant Weapons / Enchant Armor
Skills: Teaching / Fighting / Running / Reading / Cooking
Equipment: Short sword and iron shield

RP Sample:
Sardis Bluff

Encarnación Tasis

Agencia de Observación y Seguridad Extranjera

Foreign Security and Observation Agency

FSOA

"Demasiado interesante ..." Spoke out Tasis as she looked at the various articles, books, papers and other documents detailing the history and the monarchy of the state of Morddh. She moved on to reading about the ongoing New Garrack Bush War and then placed all the documents she was in the middle of reading on the mahogany table and went out of her office like she was on fire. She moved into another room that was named Cámaras de fotografía and then spoke out "Lacasa! ¡Conseguí un trabajo para ti! Job for you in another country! Lacasa!"

And the reply came roughly and angrily as a woman with wild black hair, dressed in a khaki skirt and orange shirt, went out of digging through some boxes. She told the visitor "Sí, sí, ¡te escuché, puta voz! Entonces, ¿a dónde voy? Where?" And Tasis told her. Then it took only ten minutes for Tasis to tell her everything she wanted her to do. At that point, Lacasa nodded and said in the end "Está bien, señora, lo abordaré. El boleto está en usted, esta vez. Me pondré en contacto con el jefe azul al respecto?" To which Tasis told her Sí, adelante con eso. Solo vete ahora con tu equipo. Tendré que ver el Centro Nacional de Inteligencia."

The two women said their goodbyes to each other as Tasis took a cab to the CNI while Lacasa hurried to get her camera, her pistol and her ID.

Treinta minutos más tarde...
Thirty minutes later...

Encarnación Tasis finally reached the headquarters of the CNI just as she bumped into...Rut Soledad Socorro, the very Deputy Director of the CNI. She hurried to bow to Lady Socorro but the superior shook her head and made her stand tall as she said "Nothing to forgive. Anyway...Deputy Assistant Director Tasis?" The woman nodded "Necesito que escolte al Sr. Sidney Warren porque él será nuestro representante para nuestra nación interesante muy pronto. Ya me han informado que el gobierno saliente y los candidatos quieren abrir relaciones con este."

Before Tasis could speak, Socorro told her "¿Aceptarás? Will you accept?"

Tasis just nodded.

What about number 6? There is no number 6. You lie.

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Straight to the point, joyful and very intelligent. She tends to talk too much and sometimes can be too direct when she talks.
Dislikes: Being bullied, eating fish and not being clean

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp3Bd0d0WNg

Edited application. Hope this is better!
^_^

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Shut it down! Dead. Gone. Poof!
Last edited by Auphelia on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:51 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Charlia wrote:Why, thank you. XD

...What you wrote:

In seriousness I just used that name since it is a flower's name, same for the sister. :P But now I can't help but see it now when I look at the name. :P
Just as planned :twisted:

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:10 pm

Charlia wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

Just as planned :twisted:

All hail Charlia, the Missionary of Evillious!

Auphelia wrote:Character App
Name: [The Sound of Rustling Leaves On The Autumnal Equinox], A.K.A Patty
Sex: Black Chestnut
Sexual Orientation: N/A
Bio: In the older days, dryads did not name their offspring with words, but with the sounds of nature, and as such [The Sound of Rustling Leaves On The Autumnal Equinox] does not have a pronounceable name to non-Dryads, and has taken the moniker of Patty for the sake of inter-species communication. Patty was grown several thousand years ago at the beginning of the Age of the One Year Empires in The Mythanathas Sanctuary, which was held together by a dense root network from their ancient forests and was able to stay safe because of it. In her youth she was a proficient learner of magics, spending her time tutoring with the greatest dryad scholars known to man, who also happened to be among the first dryads. To many races the world seems old and mysterious, but really only a handful of dryad generations have gone by, and this has greatly shaped their worldview in general. Dryads were the superior species, not due to others being inferior, but because they lacked perspective with their miserably short lives. Patty, being a youthful dryad, didn't quite understand the elders' stance on outsiders, but she duly agreed with them to their faces. After a few hundred years of tutelage in all manner of subjects important to the dryads, she decided to set out on her own, something few dryads ever care to do.

For centuries she travelled around, but found that she began to understand what the elders meant. She would meet a nice person and make a great friend, travel around for what seemed to be a few weeks, and return to find that they had been dead for decades and their kingdom wasn't even under the same empire. One day her money would be safe in a bank in Horcith, the next she would find Horcith was now Delos and the bank had been absorbed into the government. She saw wars, petty monetary disputes, and horrible dance recitals, all for temporary pleasure that would last for such a short amount of time. Forests burned to fuel the machines of industry and raise a kingdom up, only to see it fall in the blink of an eye. She did find the dwarves to be not nearly as bad as the elders claimed, with the short folk making quite charming contraptions, though she didn't understand a bit of it. The elves too, were quite charming, with their ability to make items last for a long time. She even liked the demihumans so much she somehow found herself the general of a violent resistance movement that ended up t . . . eh, you don't need to know that.She still has several books from that age, untouched by time or dirt stains from being owned by a dryad. And though she did make many close human friends, she did come away with a dislike of humans in general given their destructive nature.

She returned to the Sanctuary a much wiser dryad, and set out to learn all she could about magic, to perhaps heal the world one day. Once again, she lost track of time, and before she knew it she was nearly four thousand years old and close to death. Her years of study had engulfed her, so she simply had to double down. Once more she set out to learn, this time to save her life. She never has and never will talk about it, but she eventually found a place where she could learn the secrets of necromancy and devoted herself to the knowledge of how to keep herself alive, hopefully forever. Then, the moment she returned (or rather, a century after her return) she was once again sent out of the Sanctuary, this time as part of a dryad initiative to improve relations with the various groups searching for the 11 Keys in order to guarantee at least some degree of victory, a classic dryad tactic. And so she must go and get on an airship while named Patty, with unknown characters who are probably idiots who cannot appreciate nature as companions. This should be fun.
Appearance:

Magic Type: Green, Necromancy, All
Magic Sigil/Circle and Location: On Her Palm

Magic Ability:

Nature Manipulation - General purpose nature manipulation, very broad in versatility and applicable to plants, animals, and to a lesser extent stone. The power is directly correlated to how much nature she is surrounded by, with no power in areas with no natural life and an abundance in the ancient forests of the Sanctuary.

Conversion - She can turn anything into natural materials, though it takes a lot of power. An elf mage into a holly bush, a human into a rabbit, the possibilities are endless. This is extremely difficult when she does not have a large source of organic materials to draw power from.

Longevity - She has secretly studied to art of necromancy, particularly on how to cheat death, extending her lifespan by draining the life of other things. Though highly illegal, she is terrified of death more than she is of being banished, though has taken care to leave little trace of her studies behind and has not dared to delve into the raising of the dead.

Hybrid - She is capable of allowing two different animal and/or plant species to breed.

Demihumans - She is able to enhance the natural abilities of demihumans, differing in nature depending on what kind of hybrid they are. This is greater in effect the more animal they have in them.

Bits and Bobs - She has a bit of knowledge about nearly every magical form (born of curiosity, thousands of years of free time, and a natural affinity for magic), though not nearly enough to compare to someone who actually specialises in a specific field, mostly small tricks that look mildly impressive.

Skills: She is a master of magic, and has millennia of practise and experience in many different art forms, though she hasn't been outside of the Sanctuary in quite a while, so her knowledge of non-Green technology is severely outdated (not that it was ever very advanced to begin with). She is also fairly skilled with wooden bows and arrows, given that she can alter their trajectory to hit with Green magic, not that she would ever deign to wield a physical weapon.
Equipment: Several spell books, packets of seeds, various coins from different empires over the ages (she is not quite sure what might be of use, so she plans on buying what she needs along the way, though what she doesn't know is only ~10% of her coins are from nations that still exist).

RP Sample: TBD
Did you read the Rules? Yes. Maybe. But how necessary is it, anyway? What are rules if they are not made to be broken? . . . Fine, I will read them.
What about number 6? I am able to read between the lines, but not that well.

Optional Stuff:
Personality: I'll figure it out as I go. Planning it out too much ahead of time never works well for me.
Likes: The Mythanathas Sanctuary, nature, magic, knowledge, other things . . . probably.
Dislikes: Technology, hats, ribbons, quilts, houses, gumdrops, weapons, far too many other things.

Alignment: Neutral Neutral (Occasionally Lawful Neutral or Chaotic Neutral when the need arises)
Theme Song: Songs? Like the sound of a babbling brook as it passes the nest of newly born quail?

I was initially going to comment on something about my characters (still need to develop them as I am still unsatisfied) but now I simply am wondering "Why hats and quilts?" :P

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:16 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Charlia wrote:Just as planned :twisted:

All hail Charlia, the Missionary of Evillious!
excuse me while I take a screenshot of that and brag about it in the server XD

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:50 pm

Here we go... the app is declined, for a few reasons.

First, Dryads only live up to 3000, with only a select few living longer than that, and even fewer live to 5000. If she lived up to 5019 years, then she would be the oldest Dryad ever, which would have made the write up... but I put a limit on the age through the lore... So, yeah.

Second, you are making a lot of assumptions about Dryads and the Sanctuary, way to many for me to over look. The first assumption I will address is the name, or more precisely the fact you have assumed that they named their children based off sound.... Which while if the Dryads evolved separately would make sense, but considering the Dryads are an off shot of the Elves, then they would follow similar naming conventions with the elves.

Third, Black Chestnut is not a sex, and N/A isn't a Sexual Orientation

Fourth, lets say that she could live to 5019, even at that age, she wouldn't be able to learn from the first of the Dryads. That's if she could reach that age, see my first issue.

Fifth, extending ones life through necromancy is a very advanced technique, and very rare (seeing as, again in the lore, it is only rumored to be possible). So yeah, you don't get to have your character know about that from the beginning. So no Longevity power. Also, it wouldn't be banishment she should be worried about. If she is found practicing Necromancy by the Sanctuary or the Epostolis it would mean death.

Sixth, the Sanctuary wouldn't care to send out any sort of Dryad initiative to improve relations. Nor would they even care about the search for the 11 Keys for a plot reason

Seventh, what is All supposed to mean? Is it supposed to mean she can use all magic types? If so, that's a hard no.

Eighth, Green Magic can't be used on stone. So, nature manipulation working on stone is a no no. Also, need more details on nature manipulation

Ninth, Conversion should not work on living things.

Tenth, that Demihuman power is a no as well... that would count as Augmentation magic.

And that's all for now.

Magic Type: Armament Magic - She is able to enchant her weapons by singing simple songs she writes for her weapons and armor specifically before battle and also by placing her palms on them until the song is sung. She also has to do it after praying to her gods and is limited to enchanting her weapon weapons but can enchant the armor of others provided she does it only a dozen times before finally exhausting her magic.

Her enchantments, as of this time, have improved very much. With her magic, she could make weak weapons and armor stronger and she could also grace them with repairs.
Magic Ability: Enchant Weapons / Enchant Armor
Skills: Teaching / Fighting / Running / Reading / Cooking

Move the description to the section for Magic Ability, as that is where you are supposed to describe the magic

Now, as for the description.... drop the repairing through magic. Also, provide examples as you are being extremely vague. How strong can she make a weak armour? And how does her enchantments effect weapons?

And you need to give more details in your skills.

Basically, you still need more details.

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Not perfectly happy but if I think of more I will put it in later

Character App
Name: Valerian

Character App
Name:Kalmia

Well, they are acceptable as it is. If you add anymore, let me know what you want to add.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Here we go... the app is declined, for a few reasons.

Thank you anyway!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Solisian Union
Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Postby Solisian Union » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:08 pm

Character App
Race: Demihuman
Bio: She was born in a small village within The Epostolis. Her parents were refugees from a small country that was overrun by the Orcish Hordes. She was raised to be a fighter and a teacher, often to small children that were not human. Sometimes though she would teach human children, especially those that belonged to her friendly neighbors. When she was younger, she used to have some human friends but as she became older, she was bullied for her ears and tail. It made her stop seeking human friendship for while. Meanwhile though she developed her own magic which was based on her ability to grace her weapons and armor with power. She does this by singing simple songs to them before battle and then touching them with the palms of her hands. She worships Ozthar and Optune as well as Onera and Cimus. Her reason for worshipping these four gods was because of her parents. Her family practiced their faith in a radically different way from others simply because her father, the head of the family, was treated badly by a fake priest.
Appearance:

Please disregard her modern equipment - Adjust for technology used in this RP

Magic Type: Armament Magic

Magic Ability: Enchant Weapons / Enchant Armor - She is able to enchant her weapons by singing simple songs she writes for her weapons and armor specifically before battle and also by placing her palms on them until the song is sung. She also has to do it after praying to her gods and is limited to enchanting her weapon weapons but can enchant the armor of others provided she does it only a dozen times before finally exhausting her magic.

Her enchantments, as of this time, have improved very much. With her magic, she could make weak weapons and armor stronger.

How she does this is by transferring her own energy into the weapons and armor she is enchanting. This is why she needs to consume a lot of energy by eating and drinking and also to gather energy by resting or sleeping. There is always a visible aura that appears around the weapon or armor that she enchants. The color of the aura tells how much energy she is using up to make it stronger. The brighter the colors, the more energy she is using up.

Red means that she is using most of her energy up. Blue means that she is using half of her energy. Green means she's using a quarter or less than the amount of energy she has. The more energy she uses up, the more she needs to rest and to consume more energy.

If she is forced to push herself to the limit, she starts to suffer headaches, vomiting, nosebleeds, profuse sweating, confusion and most of all a very high fever until she can no longer expend energy and collapses.

Skills: Teaching (She is quite experienced at teaching young children basic education. She can teach them a language, mathematics, simple science - preferably biology as well as values and how to read and write) / Fighting (She was trained by her parents and have been through a few fights herself during her childhood and early adulthood. She knows how to use a sword and can use a shield as a weapon despite her being a female demi human. She also can hold her own with improvised weapons like a broken table leg or a long piece of iron bar. She also often fought to protect her students from older ones or to protect them from would be criminals or humans who wanted to cause trouble in her village.) / Running (She's an athlete in her early adulthood. She could run 100 meters in less than 9.80 seconds. She was also able to run 2500 meters in 16 minutes and 32.1 seconds.) / Cooking (Something that her father taught her and not her mother. She knows how to cook using limited materials, often using a very small frying pan and her own utensils to cook things like eggs. She could also use large flat stones as her platform for cooking meat on it or bread.)
Equipment: Short sword and iron shield

RP Sample:
Sardis Bluff

Encarnación Tasis

Agencia de Observación y Seguridad Extranjera

Foreign Security and Observation Agency

FSOA

"Demasiado interesante ..." Spoke out Tasis as she looked at the various articles, books, papers and other documents detailing the history and the monarchy of the state of Morddh. She moved on to reading about the ongoing New Garrack Bush War and then placed all the documents she was in the middle of reading on the mahogany table and went out of her office like she was on fire. She moved into another room that was named Cámaras de fotografía and then spoke out "Lacasa! ¡Conseguí un trabajo para ti! Job for you in another country! Lacasa!"

And the reply came roughly and angrily as a woman with wild black hair, dressed in a khaki skirt and orange shirt, went out of digging through some boxes. She told the visitor "Sí, sí, ¡te escuché, puta voz! Entonces, ¿a dónde voy? Where?" And Tasis told her. Then it took only ten minutes for Tasis to tell her everything she wanted her to do. At that point, Lacasa nodded and said in the end "Está bien, señora, lo abordaré. El boleto está en usted, esta vez. Me pondré en contacto con el jefe azul al respecto?" To which Tasis told her Sí, adelante con eso. Solo vete ahora con tu equipo. Tendré que ver el Centro Nacional de Inteligencia."

The two women said their goodbyes to each other as Tasis took a cab to the CNI while Lacasa hurried to get her camera, her pistol and her ID.

Treinta minutos más tarde...
Thirty minutes later...

Encarnación Tasis finally reached the headquarters of the CNI just as she bumped into...Rut Soledad Socorro, the very Deputy Director of the CNI. She hurried to bow to Lady Socorro but the superior shook her head and made her stand tall as she said "Nothing to forgive. Anyway...Deputy Assistant Director Tasis?" The woman nodded "Necesito que escolte al Sr. Sidney Warren porque él será nuestro representante para nuestra nación interesante muy pronto. Ya me han informado que el gobierno saliente y los candidatos quieren abrir relaciones con este."

Before Tasis could speak, Socorro told her "¿Aceptarás? Will you accept?"

Tasis just nodded.

What about number 6? There is no number 6. You lie.

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Straight to the point, joyful and very intelligent. She tends to talk too much and sometimes can be too direct when she talks.
Dislikes: Being bullied, eating fish and not being clean

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp3Bd0d0WNg
Last edited by Solisian Union on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^_^

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Will try and get my app up tomorrow, been one heck of a busy week.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:59 pm

I can probably get an app up for this rp up either tomorrow or Sunday, as this looks like a very interesting setting.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:54 am

Magic Ability: Enchant Weapons / Enchant Armor - She is able to enchant her weapons by singing simple songs she writes for her weapons and armor specifically before battle and also by placing her palms on them until the song is sung. She also has to do it after praying to her gods and is limited to enchanting her weapon weapons but can enchant the armor of others provided she does it only a dozen times before finally exhausting her magic.

Her enchantments, as of this time, have improved very much. With her magic, she could make weak weapons and armor stronger.

How she does this is by transferring her own energy into the weapons and armor she is enchanting. This is why she needs to consume a lot of energy by eating and drinking and also to gather energy by resting or sleeping. There is always a visible aura that appears around the weapon or armor that she enchants. The color of the aura tells how much energy she is using up to make it stronger. The brighter the colors, the more energy she is using up.

Red means that she is using most of her energy up. Blue means that she is using half of her energy. Green means she's using a quarter or less than the amount of energy she has. The more energy she uses up, the more she needs to rest and to consume more energy.

If she is forced to push herself to the limit, she starts to suffer headaches, vomiting, nosebleeds, profuse sweating, confusion and most of all a very high fever until she can no longer expend energy and collapses.

You add more and more, and yet you don't answer all the questions I pose. I do not like repeating myself over and over, so this will be the last time.

How strong can she make a weak armour? And how does her enchantments effect weapons? And to what degree?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Solisian Union
Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Postby Solisian Union » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:59 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

You add more and more, and yet you don't answer all the questions I pose. I do not like repeating myself over and over, so this will be the last time.

How strong can she make a weak armour? And how does her enchantments effect weapons? And to what degree?

I'm trying hard actually to explain her abilities but I keep on coming up with either nothing or something that just misses your questions. I apologize for the inconvenience but if anything, I'd really like to ask for help in figuring it out. What I was thinking of for Vera was that she could make armor stronger with the energy she could give away and also by channeling spiritual essence into it. It's like she's blessing them. On the other hand, her enchantments serve to keep the weapon together, to basically keep it from falling apart or bending or being damaged or destroyed when it is being used. It also serves the purpose of making it better at blocking or parrying attacks.

I really apologize for not being able to hit the mark but I thought I could without asking for help.
Last edited by Solisian Union on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
^_^

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:05 am

Solisian Union wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

I'm trying hard actually to explain her abilities but I keep on coming up with either nothing or something that just misses your questions. I apologize for the inconvenience but if anything, I'd really like to ask for help in figuring it out. What I was thinking of for Vera was that she could make armor stronger with the energy she could give away and also by channeling spiritual essence into it. It's like she's blessing them. On the other hand, her enchantments serve to keep the weapon together, to basically keep it from falling apart or bending or being damaged or destroyed when it is being used. It also serves the purpose of making it better at blocking or parrying attacks.

I understand that about armour, but just saying making it stronger is very vague, and possibly has no limit. That's what I am asking. What is the limit to how strong she can make the armour? I don't care how she does it, or what it takes. I need to know the limit.

And as for with weapons. If that's all it does, then it increases the strength of the weapon, as such, you need to put a limit on it.

If it takes you longer to figure that out, then take the time.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Solisian Union
Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Postby Solisian Union » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:12 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Solisian Union wrote:

I understand that about armour, but just saying making it stronger is very vague, and possibly has no limit. That's what I am asking. What is the limit to how strong she can make the armour? I don't care how she does it, or what it takes. I need to know the limit.

And as for with weapons. If that's all it does, then it increases the strength of the weapon, as such, you need to put a limit on it.

If it takes you longer to figure that out, then take the time.

Her limits for her magic to increase the strength of the weapon is fixed by time and by what opposition there is to the weapon. Her magic would last only for thirty minutes to one hour and if an opponent uses magical weapons or armor, there's a greater chance of her enchanted weapon being rendered void of its enchantments. It wouldn't be effective.

On top of that, there's armor. The limits of her magic on armor is fixed also by time. It usually lasts for one hour up to one hour and ten minutes. It's also possible that if there are too many opponents striking the armor, her enchantments could break and the armor would have no more magical protection. It's worse if magical weapons strike the armor and break her spell.

The kind of magic that can oppose her enchantments is Necromancy. Since her magic is based on life and nature, her magic could stand up to other types of magic but it doesn't do well against Necromancy or other forms of darkness, especially if opponents are worshippers of dark gods or of Ijun.

I hope that's better?
Last edited by Solisian Union on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
^_^

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse