NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange World :: Civilization's Dawn (OOC/Signup)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you want an Archives Page?

Yes, in the future.
38%
Yes, Now.
40%
No.
4%
Not sure.
18%

Total votes : 55

Terminus Pheonix
Attaché

Founded: Feb 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Pheonix » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:50 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:So the following magic schools we have now are;
Song Magic
Holy/Light Magic
Star Magic
Eastern Dao Magic
Runecrafting/Enchanting Magic
Necromancy

am I missing something?

Sounds about right, let us pray that song magic doesn't get tainted by High School Musical music, however one can only hope for the best.

Don't worry, I won't be breaking out in song and dance numbers. Hopefully I can whittle down the song aspect into a rhythmic chant for the songs that are used the most, saving full performances for special, more powerful spells.

The Fergduns are going to become D&D bards, is what I'm saying.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:51 pm

Terminus Pheonix wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Sounds about right, let us pray that song magic doesn't get tainted by High School Musical music, however one can only hope for the best.

Don't worry, I won't be breaking out in song and dance numbers. Hopefully I can whittle down the song aspect into a rhythmic chant for the songs that are used the most, saving full performances for special, more powerful spells.

Watch the daoists get tired of your bad singing and come kick you in the face :p
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Terminus Pheonix wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Sounds about right, let us pray that song magic doesn't get tainted by High School Musical music, however one can only hope for the best.

Really? I thought itd be cool if you had some songs that reenact certain legends. Like a dragon song to make one breath fire or something. Maybe a legend song about a god forging a blade with his own sword, can allow a magic user to sacrifice himself to make a awesome sword. Imo, sounds pretty boss in retrospect, but may be pretty difficult to make spells considering their directly from said clan legends.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:29 pm

No posts today? Seems like we're bound to start lagging now.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:No posts today? Seems like we're bound to start lagging now.

Well umm... The problem is that the more actively fanatic people have posted and we're waiting for the others
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Sorry for not posting. I will start posting now, though with the time available, I won't be able to add story. So first, is it possible to send just a single warrior to hunt predators, because I need my other warrior and leader to stay, and I'm worried that I will get negative RNG that result in my warrior being killed. Also, for magic, is there something really specific I should do. To inform G-Tech, since I haven't specified yet, I plan my first magic power to be lowering temperature in a specific area by cooling the air off. Is
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:21 pm

12/14 posts. Hopefully we can have em all up by tomorrow? Hopefully?
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:04 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:12/14 posts. Hopefully we can have em all up by tomorrow? Hopefully?

I think we have enough to do another turnover imo.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:11 am

Ralnis wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:12/14 posts. Hopefully we can have em all up by tomorrow? Hopefully?

I think we have enough to do another turnover imo.

I'm starting to get worried tech wise, I feel like I will never be able to get iron mastered, since I have no luck so far in finding tin or copper.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:18 am

Kelmet wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I think we have enough to do another turnover imo.

I'm starting to get worried tech wise, I feel like I will never be able to get iron mastered, since I have no luck so far in finding tin or copper.

Trying to hammer and work iron with stone is going to really difficult without bronze. If anything, once you do you will be ahead of everyone on an economic level. I'm still trying to figure out when the Bronze Age happens and see Xcotl become a city-state full of necromancers. Plus I need to start exploring to meet my neighbors and hope they aren't muties trying to kill me and sacrifice my people to the Warp.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:22 am

Ralnis wrote:
Kelmet wrote:I'm starting to get worried tech wise, I feel like I will never be able to get iron mastered, since I have no luck so far in finding tin or copper.

Trying to hammer and work iron with stone is going to really difficult without bronze. If anything, once you do you will be ahead of everyone on an economic level. I'm still trying to figure out when the Bronze Age happens and see Xcotl become a city-state full of necromancers. Plus I need to start exploring to meet my neighbors and hope they aren't muties trying to kill me and sacrifice my people to the Warp.

I'm hoping to pool enough loose ice iron to make tools to get more, and then just repeat that chain :p

Terminus Pheonix
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Pheonix » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:23 am

Kelmet wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I think we have enough to do another turnover imo.

I don't think metal is the be-all end-all of technology. Yes its a big boon, but the real concern should probably be getting to agriculture, so that you have a steady food surplus that's also not going to have a chance of one of your warriors getting killed on a hunt.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:33 am

Terminus Pheonix wrote:
Kelmet wrote:I'm starting to get worried tech wise, I feel like I will never be able to get iron mastered, since I have no luck so far in finding tin or copper.

I don't think metal is the be-all end-all of technology. Yes its a big boon, but the real concern should probably be getting to agriculture, so that you have a steady food surplus that's also not going to have a chance of one of your warriors getting killed on a hunt.

I got that covered, my problem is I have no irrigation able crops.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:33 am

Ralnis wrote:

*Knocks on hut door
"Excuse me sir do you have a moment to get BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!"
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:37 am

Kelmet wrote:
Terminus Pheonix wrote:

I got that covered, my problem is I have no irrigation able crops.

But I do have herding and quite a bit of natural food around
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:39 am

Yeah, sorry, desperately busy. Still gotta update sheets, do my own post, and then I can start thinking about update.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Terminus Pheonix
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Pheonix » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:43 am

Kelmet wrote:
Kelmet wrote:I got that covered, my problem is I have no irrigation able crops.

But I do have herding and quite a bit of natural food around

Sounds like you're set up to be a more pastoral society, but have you actually tamed the herd animals? From what I've seen in the IC actually having a domesticated anything take a lot of effort.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:49 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

Yeah, sorry, desperately busy. Still gotta update sheets, do my own post, and then I can start thinking about update.

If you note specific details in the update posts I'd be more than happy to handle the stat blocks for you.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:49 am

Terminus Pheonix wrote:
Kelmet wrote:But I do have herding and quite a bit of natural food around

Sounds like you're set up to be a more pastoral society, but have you actually tamed the herd animals? From what I've seen in the IC actually having a domesticated anything take a lot of effort.

Sheep are pretty docile animals, there's no real need to tame them as long as you can scare them.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:59 am

Terminus Pheonix wrote:

One of the main reasons why I'm diversifying my crops and settled near a river. It's better to have a good surplus of the stuff but since I live domesticated livestock then that's a bit of a downside.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:17 am

So at what age can tribals take on roles?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:22 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:So at what age can tribals take on roles?

10!
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:24 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:So at what age can tribals take on roles?

10!

Well time to send the youngins down to the mines then! ;)

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:26 am

@G did you see the magic system link I sent you the other day?

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:28 am

Would a child scout deal with any penalties when exploring?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse