NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Ban on Capital Punishment

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:55 am

The government of Albrenia congratulates the seemingly successful counter-campaign against this article. The fallout of which will no doubt shape the future of this venerable assembly for some time to come.

The Palentine
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Palentine » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:17 am

Albrenia wrote:The government of Albrenia congratulates the seemingly successful counter-campaign against this article. The fallout of which will no doubt shape the future of this venerable assembly for some time to come.

There was a time I believed that old bean. However my experience here in the Festering Snakepit have observed that nannystaters, fluffies, and do gooders might be thwarted, they are never defeated. They regroup and try again...some of the more stubborn(and stupid) try the same thing again and again. Mostly they attempt to gradually chip away and sneakily get what they want. Seldom are they as brazen as this attempt. That is why we freedom loving nations must always be diligent to protect our National Sovereignty. Now if you excuse me, I'll be going back to hobnailing my liver, while enjoying a fine Yeldan cigar(TM) while the debate continues
Excelsior,
Sen. Horatio Sulla
"There aren't quite as many irredeemable folks as everyone thinks."
-The Dourian Embassy

"Yeah, but some (like Sen. Sulla) have to count for, like 20 or 30 all by themselves."
-Hack

Holy Ilythia
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Ilythia » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:33 am

*enters the Ambassador and Foreign Relations Minister*

I, Khadijah Khatoon of the Empire of Ilythia do humbly welcome this debate of the most controversial topics. I speak for my Emperor and it's people in saying that until we see a better alternative that doesn't put a financial burden on our government and gives us a reason to keep mass murderers and the like in our prisons instead of executed we will humbky keep Capital Punishment. These offenders have already been given a chance and failed, ruining others lives in the process and we can't let that happen a second time.

Now we do realize some innocents in other countries have been wrongly sentenced to death and that should never happen. Though it shows the poor governing of those nations.

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:41 am

Holy Ilythia wrote:*enters the Ambassador and Foreign Relations Minister*

I, Khadijah Khatoon of the Empire of Ilythia do humbly welcome this debate of the most controversial topics. I speak for my Emperor and it's people in saying that until we see a better alternative that doesn't put a financial burden on our government and gives us a reason to keep mass murderers and the like in our prisons instead of executed we will humbky keep Capital Punishment. These offenders have already been given a chance and failed, ruining others lives in the process and we can't let that happen a second time.

Now we do realize some innocents in other countries have been wrongly sentenced to death and that should never happen. Though it shows the poor governing of those nations.

"It shows less poor governing and more the fact that we humans are intrinsically fallible. If capital punishment is legal, innocents will be needlessly executed."
Ambassador Ariela Galadriel Maria Mirase
37 year old Arch-bishop of the Arasi Christian Church (also the youngest ever arch-bishop and fifth woman in the church hierarchy). An attractive but stern woman with a strict adherence to religious and moral ethical codes, also somewhat of an optimist. She was recently appointed to the position following the election of Adrian Midnight to the position of Patriarch.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:57 am

Albrenia wrote:The government of Albrenia congratulates the seemingly successful counter-campaign against this article. The fallout of which will no doubt shape the future of this venerable assembly for some time to come.

Our thanks for yours.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:34 am

Ooc: you folks keep going on as if this is a milestone or watershed moment for the GA when new policies fail literally all the time. This is business as usual.
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:35 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:Ooc: you folks keep going on as if this is a milestone or watershed moment for the GA when new policies fail literally all the time. This is business as usual.

Oh, please my friend, don't be such a sore loser. Believe us, history will remember where you stood on this.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:39 am

Jocospor wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:Ooc: you folks keep going on as if this is a milestone or watershed moment for the GA when new policies fail literally all the time. This is business as usual.

Oh, please my friend, don't be such a sore loser. Believe us, history will remember where you stood on this.

Ooc: kid, we aren't friends. I've played this game for the better part of a decade. You know what was impactful? The Gar#2 discard. Repeal: ICC. Reproductive freedoms.

This is another day in the life of the GA. Like the Clean Prostitute Act. Or like the patent debacle.
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

The Sect Meces
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sect Meces » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:42 am

Ambassador Leman reclines back in their chair.

"At this point, I see no more reason to continue this discussion, well in the assembly anyway. The votes speak for themselves."
A nation-state that recently freed themselves from the control of the Universal Union. Currently Post-Uprising.

"Freedom and guns for all!" - Governor Randall Sto

Also known as the Frontiers.

The Sect Meces
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sect Meces » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:44 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Jocospor wrote:Oh, please my friend, don't be such a sore loser. Believe us, history will remember where you stood on this.

Ooc: kid, we aren't friends. I've played this game for the better part of a decade. You know what was memorable? The Gar#2 discard. Repeal: ICC. Reproductive freedoms.

This is another day in the life of the GA. Like the Clean Prostitute Act. Or like the patent debacle.

OOC: Boys you need to calm down.
A nation-state that recently freed themselves from the control of the Universal Union. Currently Post-Uprising.

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017

Postby West Phoenicia » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:31 am

Ambassador Baroness Margarita Too-Rak stands with a smile.

"Tonight dear World Assembly we stand here in triumph with the failure of this bill to pass the floor. The 80% of West Phoenicians who support capital punishment applaud the nay camp for coming out and voting no. Whether that was due to protecting your national sovereignty or a dozen reasons, tonight the message is clear, a message that is allowing a nation to control their own crime and punishment instead of bowing to the leftist who like spoiled children because they do not want it on their doorstep no nation should.

In honour of this passing Emperor Glenton Gryphon-Bush II Philometar Philopater and his two wives Empress Angelique and Empress Alotta have denied a stay of execution and the execution of Hilary Chevez, a vile terrorist who planned the bombing of a day care centre in West Phoenician will be executed on live television for all to witness. Ratings are predicted to go through the roof as this evil woman will face Madame Gullotine.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:35 am

The Sect Meces wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:Ooc: kid, we aren't friends. I've played this game for the better part of a decade. You know what was memorable? The Gar#2 discard. Repeal: ICC. Reproductive freedoms.

OOC: boy is a term for youthful males. I'm not youthful anymore. Nor, incidentally, do I take orders or suggestions from you.

This isn't a hostile conversation. This is one player telling the other factual statements.
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Sect Meces
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sect Meces » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:41 am

The Sect Meces wrote:

OOC: boy is a term for youthful males. I'm not youthful anymore. Nor, incidentally, do I take orders or suggestions from you.

This isn't a hostile conversation. This is one player telling the other factual statements.

OOC: Somebody has a stick up their ass.....

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:42 am

The Sect Meces wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: boy is a term for youthful males. I'm not youthful anymore. Nor, incidentally, do I take orders or suggestions from you.

OOC: Somebody has a stick up their ass.....

OOC: I think you're confusing mild exasperation with hostility. Its not always easy to read tone by text.
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:23 am

Jocospor wrote:Oh, please my friend, don't be such a sore loser. Believe us, history will remember where you stood on this.

Ooc: kid, we aren't friends. I've played this game for the better part of a decade. You know what was impactful? The Gar#2 discard. Repeal: ICC. Reproductive freedoms.

You call us "kid". Hmmm. (OOC: I'm no kid either mate, just as you're no boy). You like to resort to belittling those who stand against you, don't you?

We agree with you. Perhaps this particular vote will not leave a legacy. But this can of worms has been opened, and we will only start seeing its effects in the near future, we dare say.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:27 am

Jocospor wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:Ooc: kid, we aren't friends. I've played this game for the better part of a decade. You know what was impactful? The Gar#2 discard. Repeal: ICC. Reproductive freedoms.

You call us "kid". Hmmm. (OOC: I'm no kid either mate, just as you're no boy). You like to resort to belittling those who stand against you, don't you?

OOC: No. A regionmate of yours already let the word out that you're, like, 15. That's a kid.

We agree with you. Perhaps this particular vote will not leave a legacy. But this can of worms has been opened, and we will only start seeing its effects in the near future, we dare say.

OOC: There is still nothing to suggest that. Its optimistic bluster.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:44 am

Jocospor wrote:You call us "kid". Hmmm. (OOC: I'm no kid either mate, just as you're no boy). You like to resort to belittling those who stand against you, don't you?

OOC: No. A regionmate of yours already let the word out that you're, like, 15. That's a kid.

OOC: I just fell off my chair laughing. Please, continue to tell me I'm actually 15. What would I know?! Oh my god - and from the General Secretariat too! This just gets better and better.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Leifar
Secretary

Founded: Sep 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Leifar Closes its Final Meeting on the Vote

Postby Leifar » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:46 am

After a close vote, the final decision of the Ban upon Capital Punishment comes to a close. The Commons Delegate announces the final results live on international television.

"We, of the Leifar General Assembly have finally officiated the decision. With a vote of 70-20, the Leifar General Assembly has decided against the Ban on Capital Punishment. With two hours left on voting, we see no reason to continue discussing this plan. Further meetings will be us discussing what to add upon the proposal at plan. We hope that this decision does fit the view of the people and that we may further the element of unity with this official vote."

LEIFAR FINAL VOTE: AGAINST

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:47 am

Jocospor wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: No. A regionmate of yours already let the word out that you're, like, 15. That's a kid.

OOC: I just fell off my chair laughing. Please, continue to tell me I'm actually 15. What would I know?! Oh my god - and from the General Secretariat too! This just gets better and better.

OOC: Eh. Its a credible source who reads your Discord. I trust that source more than your incredulity. It doesn't matter, though. You're making assertion on the results of this vote that are unsupported by anything but your speculation. Contrary to years of prior patterns. Kid or not, the result is the same. You're talking out your rear end.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:54 am

Jocospor wrote:OOC: I just fell off my chair laughing. Please, continue to tell me I'm actually 15. What would I know?! Oh my god - and from the General Secretariat too! This just gets better and better.

OOC: Eh. Its a credible source who reads your Discord. I trust that source more than your incredulity. It doesn't matter, though. You're making assertion on the results of this vote that are unsupported by anything but your speculation. Contrary to years of prior patterns. Kid or not, the result is the same. You're talking out your rear end.

OOC: We'll see whose rear end gets a good talking, that's for sure.

Oh, and of course, before I forget: You're making assertion on the results of this vote my age that are unsupported by anything but your speculation. Maybe we're not so different after all?
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:57 am

Jocospor wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: Eh. Its a credible source who reads your Discord. I trust that source more than your incredulity. It doesn't matter, though. You're making assertion on the results of this vote that are unsupported by anything but your speculation. Contrary to years of prior patterns. Kid or not, the result is the same. You're talking out your rear end.

Oh, and of course, before I forget: You're making assertion on the results of this vote my age that are unsupported by anything but your speculation. Maybe we're not so different after all?

OOC: No. I had the word of a region-mate. That isn't speculation. You can challenge the validity of the statement, but it objectively isn't speculation. I suspect we're pretty different.

But that isn't the topic of the thread, and we're well off any significant nexus to the point. If you want to continue comparing credentials and experiences, it will have to be via a different medium.

SVR2200
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby SVR2200 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:54 am

God have mercy on poor apes

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:57 am

Jocospor wrote:

OOC: No. I had the word of a region-mate. That isn't speculation. You can challenge the validity of the statement, but it objectively isn't speculation. I suspect we're pretty different.

But that isn't the topic of the thread, and we're well off any significant nexus to the point. If you want to continue comparing credentials and experiences, it will have to be via a different medium.

Oh, we've nothing else to say here, other than you should question the validity of that "regionmate" when they provide your with further information. ;)
Last edited by Jocospor on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:10 am

Jocospor wrote:

Oh, we've nothing else to say here, other than you should question the validity of that "regionmate" when they provide your with further information. ;)

OOC: If it makes you feel better, the information was offered unsolicited.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:20 am

Jocospor wrote:Oh, we've nothing else to say here, other than you should question the validity of that "regionmate" when they provide your with further information. ;)

OOC: If it makes you feel better, the information was offered unsolicited.

OOC: What a comfort.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives