NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:43 am

Detective Madison Clifford

Her eyes widened when she realized Oliver wasn’t going to be helping her so easily. The last thing she needed was Harvey knowing about her excursion. Madison thought fast, she wouldn’t drop the diplomatic approach unless it became absolutely necessary. “Oliver,” she started, pleading, “there's a kid who’s sitting in a cell with Victor Zsasz. What if that was your daughter?” She asked, motioning vaguely to the girl behind her. Thoughts of her life after losing her badge crossed her mind. What would she be doing? Private detective? Some fast food worker? It was a dumb thought and she knew it, Harvey wouldn’t get rid of her so quickly, not unless it suited his needs.

“You’d let him die in there, let Bane ‘protect’ everyone, all because you’re confident we can do a better job than him? I saw him, he tried to kill me!” She stared into Oliver's eyes. “I can’t do it alone.” She said quietly after a time. “Please.”

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:37 pm

Whalestron wrote:Deputy

Layla wasted no time in grabbing a bola from behind her, cupping the two balls
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
in her right hand while she readied a dull throwing knife in her left. “How about I try speaking your language?” She asked, suddenly hurling the bola at Washington's weapon. She followed this up by launching the knife at Jefferson's hands in an attempt to convince him to drop his weapon.

Once she was done with the attack, she ran straight for Washington. Deputy aimed a punch for his face, grabbing him by the shoulder and drawing her arm back to strike once more. This left an opening for Jefferson to come in to attempt to save his compatriot. Layla wasn’t expecting it, either. She’d be caught completely off guard.

Detective Madison Clifford

The question Oliver asked caught Madison off guard, and it did almost scare her. Her face betrayed her for a moment, displaying the fear she felt at the ‘threat’. She cleared her throat and smiled at the man. “Your hand's shaking, Queen.” She informed him. It was a slight tremble, sure, but she figured she’d be able to convince him she was a step or two ahead of him. She’d dealt with consistent criminals before, ones with good alibis that most wouldn’t have questioned save for the smallest of details they’d slipped up on. So far Oliver was doing great with his story, so much so that Madison was starting to doubt he knew any useful information.

She continued with her pseudo-analysis. “You keep glancing behind me, your arms are positioned defensively. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re afraid of something.” She took a small sip of the wine, keeping her gaze fixed on Oliver's face. “And judging by the twitch on the corner of your lip, you’re keeping something from me.”

Madison repositioned herself so that she was leaning closer to Oliver. “I need to know if I’m risking my job and possibly even my life for the right man, Queen. I need to know if freeing Wayne's ‘associates’ will help Gotham City or lead to its ruin.” She paused for a moment as she thought of what to say next, “and I’m honestly hoping you’re the man who can help me make that choice.”

The Cafe

Washington didn't have time to react towards the object that the Deputy at his weapon, which wrapped around his gun, disarming him. Jefferson raised his gun, but he had to drop his gun to dodge a throwing knife that came flying towards him. "I thought you so-called heroes are supposed to be non-lethal!?" Jefferson yelled, as he tried to see where the Deputy went. The Deputy was kicking Washington's ass by punching him repeatedly in the face. However, Jefferson had the time to grab his shotgun from the floor, as he tried to aim it at the Deputy.

Jefferson fired a first shot, where didn't hit the Deputy, but instead shattered a window. The gunshot should have gotten the Deputy's attention, as Jefferson pointed the gun straight at her, this time a little gap of time can be used, while Jefferson pulled the trigger again.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Julutth
Secretary

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Julutth » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Talia Al Ghul
Haedros 92712 wrote:
Bane released a short burst of laughter. ”Go to Wayne Manor. You will surely pick up the Bats scent there.” He then released the dog, dropping him to the ground, and then climbed in the helicopter, ducking his head to avoid the blades of the vehicle. ”Now, I think it is about time we took our leave, before any more vigilante fools can cause me any more trouble.”

Talia begrudgingly took a seat in the chopper beside Bane as the copter took off. She turned to the hunk.

“Do not for a second believe that my son or I are your hostages,” Talia snarled at Bane, “we are colleagues here to help you get to your target. If you dare suggest that we are merely objects for your toying, remember that I am the world’s most skilled assassin. I will not hesitate to destroy that silly machine on your back and then slit your throat.” In a flash, Talia had pulled out the small knife from her sleeve and held it at Bane’s face. Just to prove her point.

She wasn’t an ounce scared of this foolish WWE terrorist. She was only working with him to advance the goals of the League, not because she was his goddamn slave.

Fronket
Envoy

Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Fronket » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:32 pm

Chief Maggie Sawyer
The Mank wrote:Batwoman“Maggie!” She said with happiness as she entered, going in to embrace her longtime girlfriend. She was overjoyed to see her; it was the first time they could meet in a few months, due to the tough nature of their jobs. Kate was so happy that she decided to share a kiss with her cop friend as well.

“Maggie, I really need your help.” Kate said sincerely, “can you promise that you’ll help me, Madam Chief?” Kate said with a grin.

Maggie was surprised by the sheer affection from Kathy. She was usually known to be quite th moody and grim person, not one to often share her emotions. Maggie obviously welcomed the hug and kiss.

“Of course I’ll help, Kathy. Why are you back in Gotham? Y’know, there’s a good Vietnamese place down the corner, why don’t we catch dinner there?”
A few hours later
Commissioner Harvey Bullock

“Harvey! Hey, how are you? I was quite pleasantly surprised by a visit today at midnight from one of your good cops. Harvey, if you want my help, you can have it. I just don’t appreciate disturbances off-book late at night. Your cop, Madison Clifford, was wondering if all those Wayne people you caught today should be released. I didn’t even know about the Wayne raid until now, and Detective Clifford here is asking about release! Quite shocking, don’t you think?”

Harvey was dumbfounded. He’d just given that bitch a promotion, and the first thing she does is go off-book? And that too so that she could do something against the mayor’s anti-vigilante policy? Of course, Harvey completely believed what Oliver Queen was telling him. Oliver wasn’t one to lie to the GCPD; he was one of their most loyal public advocates.

“Mr. Queen...I can assure you that Ms. Clifford wasn’t sent by me, but I still apologize profusely for the disturbance. City Hall instructed me not to inform anyone of the Wayne Raid, including you; unfortunately Clifford has already let the cat out of the bag. I just request that you don’t let anything you know go public. That troublemaker will be dealt with promptly and appropriately, I assure you. Ok, goodnight Mr. Queen. My apologies again.”

Harvey didn’t wait for Clifford’s return. He texted her directly.

Don’t bother to explain to me. You’re being demoted, Officer Clifford. You will no longer be a Detective.
Last edited by Fronket on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:58 am

Officer Madison Clifford

She read the text and immediately felt a dryness in her mouth. Officer Clifford had been a different name for her, but now it would be her reality. Not for long, maybe. Maybe it’d be Inmate Clifford if she went through with what she was planning on going through. “Thank you for your time, Mister Queen.” She said coldly, standing up and turning to leave. As she made her way towards the staircase, she turned around.

“It’s funny, isn’t it? I was wrong about you. You’re just like all the others.” She began walking down the stairs. “For a minute there I thought you were one of the good guys.” Though it was mostly an attempt at guilt tripping him, it came from her heart. Numbly, Madison exited the mansion for the police cruiser outside. She started it up and started driving towards Blackgate. Alfred Pennyworth could be easier to talk to.

Madison dialed up the warden, got put on hold for a few minutes, then was transferred to the man himself. “Hey, it’s Madison. I need to speak with Alfred Pennyworth for a few minutes. Yeah, I’m on my way now. I’ll see you then.” She hung up, giving herself about thirty minutes before Harvey found out about what she was doing.

Deputy

The shotgun blast was enough to make several patrons scream out. Layla turned from Washington to see Jefferson raising his weapon at her, and she assumed he intended to fire. She reached out and grabbed hold of it, yanking it past her so that the barrel tapped a dazed Washington. Deputy raised her arm into the air, then brought her elbow down on Jefferson's own arm at full speed, hoping to dislodge it or, she thought smugly, break it.

Deputy yanked the weapon away from him and proceeded to use it as a club against its owner. She dropped it, turning on Washington again. “Are we done here?” She asked him.

Cooper

Cooper landed on the ground with a thud, staring up with a mixed sense of shame and fear as the helicopter lifted off the ground and away from the forest, taking Batgirl with it. He’d failed her, and all the others. Those thoughts wouldn’t help him, though. The dog got up and padded off for the manor. He’d seen a cape in the rubble, and though he wasn’t the best tracker, his heightened senses could prove useful.

There wasn’t much of the cave left, and the cops he’d killed during his time in the back seat of his own body had mostly been cleaned up. The mutt walked around, searching and searching until- there, poking out between two rocks was one of the capes from the Batman costumes he’d seen. Cooper sniffed it until he’d picked up an older trail of the scent. It lead him out of the cave and partway into the city until he smelled a fresher trail of it. Without the demonic enhancements, he’d have had no chance of even glancing in the hero's direction. Now he was hot on his trail.

Julutth
Secretary

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Julutth » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:52 pm

Oliver Queen and Dinah Queen/Black Canary
Madison’s dramatic exit prior to her little monologue gave Dinah just enough time to quietly hit the cop’s jacket with a tracker while her back was turned.

Oliver smirked at Madison’s parting words. “I’m just sticking by my principles, Madison. Maybe you shouldn’t be a cop if your ideology is so averse to that of the GCPD’s.”

He let her leave and walked up to his fifth floor living room with Dinah, proceeding to slump into his green armchair. Bruce was gone. Duh. Oliver was quite certain that he’d be back soon. Dinah decided to speak up.

“You were too harsh with that cop. We could have gained a serious ally within the GCPD.” Dinah said quietly. Oliver shrugged at her comment.

“The GCPD is my ally. Don’t think that I’m all ok with vigilantism now just because I’m helping Bruce out.”

“Yeah, but she seemed pretty miffed by your coldness...” Dinah pressed.

“Whatever,” Oliver rolled his eyes, “some idealistic young people sign up to maintain law and order and then realize that they’re not cut out for it. Madison Clifford gave me that impression. Where is she heading anyway? We can’t let her get anything else on Bruce.”

Dinah opened her laptop to the tracking application. “She’s heading up Dent Highway...away from Old Gotham. So definitely not back to work.”

“Maybe she’s just heading home.” Oliver suggested.

“No chance,” Dinah interjected, “She’s moving towards Blackgate Bridge. That can only mean one thing—”

“She was telling the truth.”

“What?” Dinah asked.

“She sincerely wants to break Bruce’s folks out of jail. She’s a nut.”

“Not necessarily...this might just be an assignment to extract information from Wayne associates. Harvey might’ve just lied to you about not sending her.”

Oliver hadn’t considered that possibility. Whatever; he couldn’t afford to continue to worry about one damn cop. He had bigger fish to fry.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:59 pm

The Historian

Philipp looked as bane picked up the Odd-Looking dog and told him to "Warn" batman, a rather poor decision in the eyes of the Historian. It seemed, after all, that the giant man who dressed like a Mexican Lucha Libre fighter was not the best in making plans for his acts. But that was not his problem, and if he was able to defeat the bat, then good for him, that would be one less hero in his way to becoming the kingpin of Gotham.
It was already time, and thus the pilot of the helicopter was signed to take off. They had been there for much time, and if the police arrived, they'd likely start a shootout, which, while would have been most probably won by them, was not something that "the historian" wanted to deal with in that moment-he had plans, great plans that needed his presence in another location.

"We must go now, the helicopter will arrive in your destination soon. Once we get there, you two hop off, i have my own business."

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:34 pm

The Cafe

The Deputy yanked it past her, where Jefferson caused it to be pointed towards the ceiling. The second shotgun blast blew a chuck of the ceiling out. What Jefferson didn't expect to see and happen was getting his own arm being dislodged. Screaming in pain, he ended up getting the end of the shotgun getting blunted into his head, knocking him out. "Look, miss! Can't you just let us go?! How about we just rob this place and we can let the hostages leave? It sounds fair!" Washington pleaded, where it would most likely fail.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Edgar Delacroix
The Cafe

He had been all set to leave after ditching that superheroine hottie’s bike when gunfire erupted inside the coffee shop! What the #@$%! Two punks carrying shotguns were knocking over the place! Are you $%#@ing kidding me?!! His night so far had been crazy enough already without this extra hassle. The hell with it! He was getting the hell out of there!

And that’s when she arrived.

Like an angel. Driving what looked like his sister’s SUV. He hastily reached for his phone so he could call Monica and find out what the hell was going on. But big sis had beaten him to the punch, his phone buzzing with her incoming call. As soon as he answered, her screaming voice blared over the receiver. “SHE GOT AWAY!!! PENGUIN’S REALLY PISSED AT US!!! GET BACK HERE, WE GOTTA GO INTO HIDING OR SOMETHING…LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!”

Edgar chuckled.

“WHAT THE %$#@ IS SO FUNNY?!!”

“She’s here,” Edgar told her calmly. “Deputy. Maybe I can get her back. Get us back in the good graces of that waddling tub of lard.” There was silence on the other end as his sister thought it over.

“Okay…but don’t take any unnecessary chances. At the first sign of trouble, just bail and we’ll figure out something else.”

“Oh, I think it might be too late for that,” Edgar told her, smirking as he watched the unfolding situation inside of the café from the parking lot. “Don’t worry, I got it covered,” he reassured her, ending the call before his sister could protest further.

He turned to his goombahs inside the SUV waiting to drive him back. “Follow behind me,” he ordered. “Keep an eye out but don’t do anything unless I give the word.” The three of them started making their way to the café. The thunderous boom of gunfire split the quiet night as all hell broke loose inside the establishment. Through the giant windows that fronted the place, Edgar got a good view of Deputy kicking ass and taking names. Well, well, well, looks like Little Miss Superhero is doing all the heavy lifting. And looking fiiine doing it. Edgar smiled to himself. He had hoped to be her white knight but he had to settle for being the cavalry which was a-ok with him.

Main Nation Ministry wrote:The Cafe

The Deputy yanked it past her, where Jefferson caused it to be pointed towards the ceiling. The second shotgun blast blew a chuck of the ceiling out. What Jefferson didn't expect to see and happen was getting his own arm being dislodged. Screaming in pain, he ended up getting the end of the shotgun getting blunted into his head, knocking him out. "Look, miss! Can't you just let us go?! How about we just rob this place and we can let the hostages leave? It sounds fair!" Washington pleaded, where it would most likely fail.

Edgar walked in like he owned the place and pointed his gun at the punk’s head. “Or how about you creeps get on the floor and prey we don’t kill you,” he said in his best tough guy voice, oblivious to the fact that Washington was the only one left standing. The hunky rogue winked at Layla, reassuring her that he really wasn’t going to kill the creeps before he started smooth talking her. “How about you and me get a cup of coffee after all of this?” He eyed her slyly. “I promise not to tie you up this time.”

Farilexasm
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Farilexasm » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Jason Todd/Red Hood
Lic wrote:Tim Drake/Red Robin
“You’re being surprisingly lighthearted for a man who’s displayed so much hatred for the world,” Tim said irately.

Tim looked around the place, and made the customary investigative observations. An abandoned cinema hall. Hmmm...unique, to say the least. Jason had rigged cameras all over the place — they were disguised as ordinary objects like lights and were embedded in unnoticeable spots on the walls. It was almost as if Jason couldn’t trust his own “Followers.”

A security system was in place, albeit a non-advanced one; Jason seemed like a spendophobe. There was one clear entrance that also served as an exit, which was a thin iron door in the side of the old theater that led to a narrow cobbled alleyway outside. The original doors to the hall were sealed off, as well as the doors to the four different screening rooms.

Discreetly glancing at another wall, Tim could see an old and large poster of the movie ‘The Great Escape,’ starring Steve McQueen. It was slightly tilted, and Tim could spot a camouflaged button in the floor directly beneath the poster. Aha. A secret door.

Aside from the secret entrances and security cameras, the place was rigged up with the appropriate defensive mechanisms. The unhidden entrance/exit required a passcode to both enter and leave. Tim saw 5 thin tubes on the ceiling pointing directly at the door. Entering an incorrect passcode would probably result in some bullets or sharp objects being fired from those.

Tim smirked, his examination complete. This was no problem.

“So, tell me Jason...why keep me hostage here?”

“Hostage?” Jason snickered mockingly. “Hostage? My dear friend Tim, I’m not keeping you hostage. Yeah, I saw you doing your little look-around. Chill. I’m not keeping you prisoner.” Jason removed the bonds restraining Tim, and then smiled darkly. “You’re free to leave. That is, if you manage to get out alive.” Jason let out another laugh from his gut.

He walked towards Tim, grabbing him by the cheeks. “This time, though, I want real payment. Like, hmmm...several things. First, I want you to provide evidence to the police of Bruce’s identity. Second, I want you to find the Joker and kill him. Third, I want you to never interfere with my business again. If you don’t agree to these conditions, I won’t let you go from here, I will have your girlfriend murdered in her prison cell, and I will accept a particularly lucrative business job from Bane.” Jason was bluffing of course. He had not been contacted by Bane...yet. But he would have to be sooner or later. Jason was the only mob boss who knew Batman personally. That had to be an asset to Bane.

“Do these things and,” Jason added, “I will help you fight Bane.” The truth was, Jason wasn’t so hyped about Bane’s anarchical agenda. Anarchy could only hurt organized crime.

“Do we have a deal?”

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:55 am

Deputy

Edgar's entrance was unexpected, and Layla wasn’t going to even consider buying into the idea that he’d helped her in any way. He was working with Penguin, with the men who had been intending to release that drug out on the streets. Layla didn’t think she could trust him, of course, but it was almost cute how he considered himself to be some kind of ally of hers. The kind of ally who’d acted the slick pervert since she’d met him.

Layla put on a sweet smile, approaching Edgar. She used her two front fingers as if they were legs crawling up his chest until she reached his chin. She cupped it and angled it so that her masked face was level with his own. “You know,” she began slowly. “That’s a very tempting offer, but I’ve got a better idea.”

Her hand groped around a table until it found a cup, presumably filled with coffee. She took a step back and splashed the chai latte on Edgar's chest, a smug smile on her face. “That’s for calling me a bitch.” She examined the damage of his suit, crossing her arms. “Yeah, I’d say we're even now.” Layla decided. “So, why are you really here? Your sister send you?”

The Democratic Marxists
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Marxists » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:34 pm

Carrie Kelley/Robin
Lic wrote:Helena Wayne/Huntress
The Democratic Marxists wrote:Carrie bid the heroes farewell and then jumped in the driver’s seat of the functioning albeit slightly scratched and dented Battruck. She beckoned for Huntress to join her. “So, I guess we’re working together, huh. Know any places where we can use advance computers?”

Helena begrudgingly took her seat in the front next to the 13 year old driver. “Yeah, my place in the city has all the shit we’ll need. Address is 462 Bromwich Avenue. It’s a condominium in Gotham Heights. South Burnley. We’ll have to cross the Trigate Bridge to get there, so travel down Vale Street and then Wayne Highway until you see exit 13, and then we can get on the bridge and it’ll be relatively easy. Y’know what, kid, I’m 6 years older than you and the legal adult here, so I should probably drive...my name’s Helena Wayne, Bruce Wayne’s daughter, he’s Batman if you haven’t realized already.” Helena knew the cops had taken Tim. She was worried about him, but right now saving Gotham was her priority.

Carrie vigorously shook her head at Helena while starting up the Battruck. “Last I checked, this was my truck. Finder’s keepers, I don’t give a fuck if daddy gave you claims to his property. It’s my vehicle, so I’m driving.” Carrie scowled and followed the directions that Helena had provided earlier. Carrie remained silent the entire ride.

Carrie disembarked after arriving outside the building, parking the truck in the car park behind the building and putting the truck on lock mode. She walked into the condo.

“Which floor is it?”
I’m a democratic socialist. Yes, I believe in the radical idea of sharing, as do so many other people. Fight me.

Pro: Socialism, Social Democracy, Peace, Environment, Legal Marijuana, Gun Control, Economic Redistribution, Medicare for All, Living Wage, Tuition-Free College, Feminism, Universal Pre-K, Palestine, Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Jeremy Corbyn, Jacinda Ardern, AMLO, Labour Party, Democratic Socialists of America, Green Party

Moderate: Barack Obama, Tulsi Gabbard

Anti: Casino Capitalism, Ruthless Billionaires, Abortion, Racism, War, The Wall, Israel, ISIL, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Hillary Clinton, Theresa May, Donald Trump, Republican Party, Democratic Party

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 pm

Helena Wayne/Huntress
The Democratic Marxists wrote:
Carrie vigorously shook her head at Helena while starting up the Battruck. “Last I checked, this was my truck. Finder’s keepers, I don’t give a fuck if daddy gave you claims to his property. It’s my vehicle, so I’m driving.” Carrie scowled and followed the directions that Helena had provided earlier. Carrie remained silent the entire ride.

Carrie disembarked after arriving outside the building, parking the truck in the car park behind the building and putting the truck on lock mode. She walked into the condo.

“Which floor is it?”

Helena glared at the little shit; the only reason Helena wasn’t punching arrogant punk’s face off was because she was more mature and more focused on their job.

“It’s the penthouse.”

Helena entered the elevator with Carrie. There was an awkward silence as they traveled up for 3 minutes until they reached the last floor. Helena strode out of the elevator doors as they entered.

Helena’s massive penthouse apartment was pretty much the only expensive thing she owned; Dad hadn’t bought her anything other than the apartment. And being a 19 year old intern at a law firm didn’t pay much. It was why she had to settle for a trampy Huntress suit: she couldn’t afford more materials.

In the center of the living room was a small wooden dining table. Helena rushed into her bedroom, which was the largest room in the apartment. Tucked away in the corner of the room was her red bed, complete with curtains and mood lighting (birthday gift from Dad). The rest of it was composed of 18 screens set on the wall and desk, with several keyboards as well. 6 of them were monitoring different shifty alleyways on the East End. 3 of the screens displayed police databases and live police com messages and missions. 3 of them kept tabs on Old Gotham. And the other 6 were used for miscellaneous purposes.

Helena switched on one of the miscellaneous computers, connecting a keyboard and a pair of wireless headphones to it. In five minutes Helena had used her wide knowledge of hacking to intercept city-wide broadcasts. On the screen was one symbol: Wonder Woman’s crest. Helena figured that something other than the Bat-symbol could provide hope to the confused and angry Gothamites right now. What could be better than displaying the symbol of the Justice League’s leader and undoubtedly the country’s most popular hero?

Helena turned to Carrie and nodded.
Last edited by Lic on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:13 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Lydia Sorenson

She headed out of the pawn shop, holding the precious comic book close to her with both hands. She had already loaded her other purchases into the back of her van. Lydia couldn’t wait to get home so she could enjoy the extremely rare issue of Miss Midnight at her leisure.

That’s when she saw it. A GCPD cruiser had pulled up right behind the black Toyota parked in the alleyway. Two beat cops shambled out and began snooping around the vehicle. Peering through the back windows, turning their heads from side-to-side. Intent on finding something. One of the cops returned to the cruiser, slid into the driver’s seat, leaned to his right with his head down.

Lydia knew exactly what he was doing. He was running the plates through the laptop mounted to the center dash. Through the local, state and federal databases. Checking to see if the vehicle had been reported stolen or if the owner had any outstanding priors. After a minute or two, the cop leaned the other way, raised his hand outside the open door and snapped his fingers. His partner began ambling his way back to their car.

Maybe the woman had outstanding parking tickets, maybe she was a terrorist, Lydia had no idea. Either way, it was none of her business. Not her problem. From her vantage point across the street, she hadn’t been noticed. All she had to do was get into her van and drive off. She opened the driver’s side door and slid behind the wheel. Locked the comic safely in the glove compartment. Inserted the key into the ignition. All she had to do was turn the key. Turn the key…damnit!

She yanked the key out, locked the van and started walking back to the shop. The cops were still conversing inside their car, still hadn’t noticed her. She wasn’t worried about the $30,000 or leaving her business card behind. Lydia was a licensed security contractor, her business totally legitimate and separate from her other ‘business’. She had a lot of important clients, multinationals and foreign governments, clients with connections and influence. She had nothing to worry about from these cops.

So, why get involved? Why help this woman? Because the woman had a lead on getting her the rest of the comic books she so desperately needed for her collection. That was the reason and nothing more. At least, that’s what she told herself.

Re-entering, she strode straight up to the counter. “A cop car just pulled up behind your car. Pair of uniforms are checking your plates as I speak. If you have anything more serious than a speeding ticket, I suggest you close shop and find someplace to lie low. Don’t head back home. You have about five minutes before backup arrives and they start canvassing the neighborhood. And you’re welcome.”

Lydia turned around and starting heading for the door, her good deed for the day done.

Rashida Al-Ansari

"Fucking shit!" Rashida mutter to herself as she knocked something off the counter reaching for her keys. These fucking pigs had already had her car locked up the last few days, what did they want now... and what the hell was she supposed to do anyway. As far as she knew the cops had nothing on her... no traces to any of... shit last night she had been involved in the dynamite fiasco... somehow she had forgotten it as it seemed like a bad dream of another time. She could simply luck the door she supposed... but wait... her suit was for sure still in the car. She needed to get these cops away from it... Obviously she couldn't go out there in street clothes so the question became what did she have that she could wear... Sliding open a case Rashida grabbed the grey rubber of an Isreali made gas mask before inspecting it. With the consistancy of a rubber chicken and the awkwardness of it's shape Rashida felt like it would make her look like sometype of rubber goose if she pulled it over her face... but she wouldn't look like her and that was what mattered. Now all she needed was something to disquise her body, which came in the form of a military jacket she had in the same case. Looking in the mirror that hung above the counter she looked ridiculous, a freak pretending to a monster or something, but she didn't look like herself. Now all she needed to do was slip out the back door.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

The Democratic Marxists
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Marxists » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:28 pm

Carrie Kelley/Robin
Lic wrote:Helena Wayne/Huntress
Helena switched on one of the miscellaneous computers, connecting a keyboard and a pair of wireless headphones to it. In five minutes Helena had used her wide knowledge of hacking to intercept city-wide broadcasts. On the screen was one symbol: Wonder Woman’s crest. Helena figured that something other than the Bat-symbol could provide hope to the confused and angry Gothamites right now. What could be better than displaying the symbol of the Justice League’s leader and undoubtedly the country’s most popular hero?

Helena turned to Carrie and nodded.

Carrie nodded back, placing the headphones over her ears and leaning close into the sound-capturing microphone.

“My friends of Gotham,
Legally, I’m a child. For the past 13 years of my life, I’ve survived knowing that, for all of Gotham’s troubles, Batman would always be there, for me and for my friends. He was the guarantee that I could sleep at night feeling safe and sound. And then something wonderful happened: more of Gotham’s people became involved in the fight against crime and corruption. We the citizens collaborated, as heroes to most, and vigilantes to a few. And at the start of this new era of social volunteers – superheroes – we knew we didn’t need Batman anymore. Because the moment Gotham’s citizenry learned to take action on their own, the need for a guardian angel disappeared. We were self reliant. We were looking out for each other collectively.

And now this. Chaos; hatred; divisions. These things were never alien to Gotham. But we learned to move past these issues. We can’t let history repeat itself. We can’t. I don’t know if Batman killed the mayor. What I do know is that it’s time to move past Batman. Because he alone wasn’t ever Gotham. We are. And we have the ability to fix it ourselves. That’s why we believe in heroes — because we can all be them. We can all chip in to save our city. And right now that means resisting the mayoral administration’s policies, and resisting the terrorist that they support. Unregulated vigilantism cannot be met with anarchy like Bane advocates. The people must decide what to do about the handful of masked vigilantes who don’t behave responsibly. I believe that’s an issue that we can solve multilaterally and logically, with the government’s help. But not by succumbing to the whims of an urban terrorist.

Gotham, wake up! Remember your past! Remember who was there when the Joker harassed Gotham’s streets. Remember who was there when our children were being fed drugs by Penguin and the mob. Remember who was there when Scarecrow engulfed us in fear. Remember who was there. It wasn’t just Batman. It was us. We are all the heroes that Gotham deserves. And she needs us know more than ever.”

Carrie brightened the Wonder Woman logo for a final second and then turned the screen off.
Last edited by The Democratic Marxists on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’m a democratic socialist. Yes, I believe in the radical idea of sharing, as do so many other people. Fight me.

Pro: Socialism, Social Democracy, Peace, Environment, Legal Marijuana, Gun Control, Economic Redistribution, Medicare for All, Living Wage, Tuition-Free College, Feminism, Universal Pre-K, Palestine, Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Jeremy Corbyn, Jacinda Ardern, AMLO, Labour Party, Democratic Socialists of America, Green Party

Moderate: Barack Obama, Tulsi Gabbard

Anti: Casino Capitalism, Ruthless Billionaires, Abortion, Racism, War, The Wall, Israel, ISIL, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Hillary Clinton, Theresa May, Donald Trump, Republican Party, Democratic Party

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse