NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange World :: Civilization's Dawn (OOC/Signup)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you want an Archives Page?

Yes, in the future.
38%
Yes, Now.
40%
No.
4%
Not sure.
18%

Total votes : 55

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:29 am

Ralnis wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Your call, really. The relative potency of the ability will remain the same regardless of the number of speakers.

Oh? So the magic or ability is stagnate regardless if I try to modify it with shrines and mass prayer?

No no, not in the least. More regardless of the number of wielders, at least this initial ability.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:45 am

Apologies for the lack of a collab, Grim- there's an entrance for you though.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:20 pm

So out of curiosity G, if one lived next to a pile of strange magical shards from a earth changing asteroid, what would be the side effects? Assume these are player/perfectly normal humans living next to said shards.

Would they be turned to ambominations, or would it change them more slowly where they are more likely to be engulfed in pure magical energy (probably due to too much magic energy within the body or something) before becoming a ambomination.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:34 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:So out of curiosity G, if one lived next to a pile of strange magical shards from a earth changing asteroid, what would be the side effects? Assume these are player/perfectly normal humans living next to said shards.

Would they be turned to ambominations, or would it change them more slowly where they are more likely to be engulfed in pure magical energy (probably due to too much magic energy within the body or something) before becoming a ambomination.

Extreme and totally loss of physical integrity and painful death :P

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:36 pm

IAww I hoped they transformed to orcs,elves,dwarves etc

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:46 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:So out of curiosity G, if one lived next to a pile of strange magical shards from a earth changing asteroid, what would be the side effects? Assume these are player/perfectly normal humans living next to said shards.

I'm actually wandering about things like Blackstone and Star Metal having some properties that are the biproduct of the asteroid hitting the Earth.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Ralnis wrote:

I'm actually wandering about things like Blackstone and Star Metal having some properties that are the biproduct of the asteroid hitting the Earth.

Oh certainly. Anything that ain’t normal is directly or indirectly related to that. Giant Elk? Crystal Trees? Armor Whales? Bam.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:56 pm

@G is an update going up tonight?
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:IAww I hoped they transformed to orcs,elves,dwarves etc

My tribe's magic will have a large physical transformation element, so that may be a reality in some form for my tribe.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:01 pm

Awww, no being burnt alive by pure magic booo...

Regardless it was simply a curious venture of thought. Doesnt really impede my plans.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Ralnis wrote:I'm actually wandering about things like Blackstone and Star Metal having some properties that are the biproduct of the asteroid hitting the Earth.

Oh certainly. Anything that ain’t normal is directly or indirectly related to that. Giant Elk? Crystal Trees? Armor Whales? Bam.

What exactly do Armor Whales look like?
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:22 pm

:D
Kelmet wrote:

Your cliche knight in shining armor, but who unfortunately put on to much blubber. ;)

They prefer to call it "water weight" though.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Kelmet wrote:

Why, blue whales covered in thick skin-armor plates, like a rhino.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:07 pm

I'm writing up my post now, would it be possible to make a kiln or enclosed area to make bronze better?
Last edited by Ralnis on Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:18 pm

So regarding archive pages, since I might have free time in the future. Can we start creating them? I imagine it would be the ideal way to advertise and give newbies an idea of what the tribe or etc represents.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:08 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:@G is an update going up tonight?

Probably not I’m afraid.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:33 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:So regarding archive pages, since I might have free time in the future. Can we start creating them? I imagine it would be the ideal way to advertise and give newbies an idea of what the tribe or etc represents.

I think archives are only allowed for a RP, or a series of the same RP, that manages to exist and survive for a year
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:51 am

The Federation of Kendor wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:So regarding archive pages, since I might have free time in the future. Can we start creating them? I imagine it would be the ideal way to advertise and give newbies an idea of what the tribe or etc represents.

I think archives are only allowed for a RP, or a series of the same RP, that manages to exist and survive for a year

If that’s a rule it’s most certainly new, I’ve had countless archive threads in RPs I’ve been in that didn’t even last six months, much less a year.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:48 am

Ralnis wrote:I'm writing up my post now, would it be possible to make a kiln or enclosed area to make bronze better?

Well, you might save on fuel in the smelting.

The GAmeTopians wrote:
The Federation of Kendor wrote:I think archives are only allowed for a RP, or a series of the same RP, that manages to exist and survive for a year

If that’s a rule it’s most certainly new, I’ve had countless archive threads in RPs I’ve been in that didn’t even last six months, much less a year.

Yeah, that's not really a thing. Archives are categorically allowed unless they are pointless clutter; that is, duplicating things which already exist in the OOC, like collating applications.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:55 am

Ralnis wrote:I'm writing up my post now, would it be possible to make a kiln or enclosed area to make bronze better?

The GAmeTopians wrote:If that’s a rule it’s most certainly new, I’ve had countless archive threads in RPs I’ve been in that didn’t even last six months, much less a year.

Yeah, that's not really a thing. Archives are categorically allowed unless they are pointless clutter; that is, duplicating things which already exist in the OOC, like collating applications.

So will we be able to start constructing them? I would really like to use it to advertise my clan for newcomers. I know it's a tad early to be considering archives, but if it gets me a player I'd get my archive post set up asap

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:13 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

So will we be able to start constructing them? I would really like to use it to advertise my clan for newcomers. I know it's a tad early to be considering archives, but if it gets me a player I'd get my archive post set up asap

Sure. I can get something up today.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:19 am

Just to clarify some of my actions, but the pray to Vadim part will be done before and after doing an activity of the day, and not long, just short. Also, Kozlov will tend to the wheat field before and after every time he goes to gather resources. And Kizirh's fasting and living on cold happens same time as the hunting and shrine construction
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:00 am

Is trying to find or improve a religion considered a technology if of itself or just an improvement on the culture of the civilization?

Rannoria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:08 am

tag
This is Rannoria, don't forget to eat your own two feet!

please join the Federation of Allies

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 am

Ralnis wrote:Is trying to find or improve a religion considered a technology if of itself or just an improvement on the culture of the civilization?

I would consider that it would be a improvement on culture. Although I would imagine that a scholar could be used to boost the religions standing in some respect, however it's completely up to G.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse