NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Die PreuBen Kaiserreich
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Die PreuBen Kaiserreich » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:22 pm

While you do make good points, I still do not support this resolution. I believe if this is repealed it will hamper on free speech. If a woman doesn't want an abortion, she can just not go there or say she doesn't want an abortion.
    Preußen✙Nachrichten:
  • ✙ Königliches Familien-Update ✙ : ✙ Kaiser Hans III returns from the PRC, touches down in Koenigsberg ✙
  • Fußball-Ergebnisse: BBNM moves on to international stadium
  • Weltnachrichten: n/a
✙ CURRENTLY: June, 1959✙
The capital B was made as a replacement to the German letter ß, and is pronounced like "ss".
#PewdiepieDoArtilleryOnly
✙ Current Kaiser: Kaiser Hans Wolfe III, 49 ✙
RP POPULATION: 204 Million
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
National Anthem

United New England
Attaché

Founded: May 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby United New England » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:44 pm

Kuwi wrote:
United New England wrote:
Merriam-Webster’s first definition of “inside” is “an interior or internal part or place : the part within”.

An what are the other definitions?

Here are the other, less-relevant definitions, although next time I think you could probably manage your own web search: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inside
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont...plus bonus interstellar space travel!

A brief introduction to United New England

More information

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:05 am

Uan aa Boa wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, the delegation tabling this proposal were very clear in their request that this not be used as a forum for discussing the ethics of abortion.

OOC: Given that the reasons for IC support or lack of support tend to be based on the ethics of the nations involved, that's either an impossible request or an attempt to shut down any opposition. Neither of which will fly very far.

But I do agree that by the time you need to drag up Merriam-Webster to define "inside", you've gone too far. :P
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Auze
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Auze » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:29 pm

So... Is this still up?
Hello, I'm an Latter-day Saint kid from South Carolina!
In case you're wondering, it's pronounced ['ɑ.ziː].
My political views are best described as "incoherent"

Anyway, how about a game?
[spoiler=Views I guess]RIP LWDT & RWDT. Y'all did not go gentle into that good night.
In general I am a Centrist

I disown most of my previous posts (with a few exceptions)

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:35 pm

No idea why you bumped it, but this will almost certainly be defeated if proposed.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Thyerata
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thyerata » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:41 am

We *really* don't think this is a good idea. We hold the rights of free choice to be paramount - particularly since, in Thytian law, a foetus is not alive until it is born as a baby.

Doubtless your "replacement" will be as restrictive as humanly possible.

Opposed.
From the Desk of the Honourable Matthew Merriweather Ph.D. (Law, 2040) LLM Public and International Law, 2036) LLB Law (2035) (all from Thyerata State University)
Thytian Ambassador to the World Assembly and Security Council

I'm a gay man with an LLM, mild Asperger syndrome and only one functioning eye. My IC posts may reflect this, so please be aware

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:33 am

"My government does not oppose this. It doesnt especially support it, but it cares little for WA interference on the matter. I remain ambivalent. My love for irritating zealots tips me against."
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly