NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:40 pm

good thing for Atlanta momentum carried Douglas out of bounds... He would have been gone otherwise.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Holy shit!!

Well we definitely made up for that
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:45 pm

Fuck ya!! Hooah!! Hooah!!
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:25 pm

Well, that was a familiar ending.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Kohr wrote:Well, that was a familiar ending.

Why didn’t they add time is what I want to know.

Still that was a damn good game. We didn’t give up at all
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:41 pm

That game was a fucking snooze.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:55 pm

RiderSyl wrote:These refs need to cool it on the flag party.

Honestly I was cool with all the penalties besides the roughing the passer and kicker calls. Also a horrible call on that 52 yard bomb from Ryan to Jones that might have been what cost them the game. Also cost Julio probably 3% of his offensive yardage on the season, so I'd be pissed if I were him about that alone. It was an obvious catch after review.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Ranoria wrote:

Honestly I was cool with all the penalties besides the roughing the passer and kicker calls. Also a horrible call on that 52 yard bomb from Ryan to Jones that might have been what cost them the game. Also cost Julio probably 3% of his offensive yardage on the season, so I'd be pissed if I were him about that alone. It was an obvious catch after review.

If he falls 52 yards shy of the single-season receiving yards record at least we know who to blame.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Saint Ryvern wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Honestly I was cool with all the penalties besides the roughing the passer and kicker calls. Also a horrible call on that 52 yard bomb from Ryan to Jones that might have been what cost them the game. Also cost Julio probably 3% of his offensive yardage on the season, so I'd be pissed if I were him about that alone. It was an obvious catch after review.

If he falls 52 yards shy of the single-season receiving yards record at least we know who to blame.

I'm saying he ends up 1 yard short of Jerry Rice, tears his his knee in four places in week 17 of 2028, can't come back or get in shape for next season and no one wants him after that. And then he, like Calvin Johnson, demands his stats be adjusted for that one damn catch.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:00 pm

Ranoria wrote:

Ya that call was absolutely shit
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:54 pm

Good ad featuring Colin Kaepernick. People forget too often that patriotism also comes through to right the wrongs of the nation he or she serves under.

Ameriganastan wrote:Vance Joseph will lead my team...well, nowhere.

Should've hired Shanahan but they didn't listen.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:25 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Honestly I was cool with all the penalties besides the roughing the passer and kicker calls. Also a horrible call on that 52 yard bomb from Ryan to Jones that might have been what cost them the game. Also cost Julio probably 3% of his offensive yardage on the season, so I'd be pissed if I were him about that alone. It was an obvious catch after review.

Ya that call was absolutely shit

I was surprised too by the call, that cost me fantasy points though, I am happy I got a bunch of points from Julio and the Eagles defense. We have the best record in the league right now :p
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:35 am

Zurkerx wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Ya that call was absolutely shit

I was surprised too by the call, that cost me fantasy points though, I am happy I got a bunch of points from Julio and the Eagles defense. We have the best record in the league right now :p

It might have been a different game if Neal, Trufant, and Deion Jones had been in on that last scoring drive by the eagles.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:52 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

It might have been a different game if Neal, Trufant, and Deion Jones had been in on that last scoring drive by the eagles.

Indeed. The Falcons had a decent defense but, they got hurt at key parts of the game, which either put them out a play or the entire game.

"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:04 am

Zurkerx wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:It might have been a different game if Neal, Trufant, and Deion Jones had been in on that last scoring drive by the eagles.

Indeed. The Falcons had a decent defense but, they got hurt at key parts of the game, which either put them out a play or the entire game.

Matt Ryan was not impressive either. Sub-par play from him throughout the game and during crunch time.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:58 am

Saint Ryvern wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

Matt Ryan was not impressive either. Sub-par play from him throughout the game and during crunch time.

And so was Nick Foles, both QBs were sub-par although, it usually takes a game or two to get into the groove. I will say that if Wentz was in it, the Eagles winning wouldn't have been in question. What saved the Eagles was Ajayi and their defense.

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:32 am

Zurkerx wrote:
Saint Ryvern wrote:Matt Ryan was not impressive either. Sub-par play from him throughout the game and during crunch time.

And so was Nick Foles, both QBs were sub-par although, it usually takes a game or two to get into the groove. I will say that if Wentz was in it, the Eagles winning wouldn't have been in question. What saved the Eagles was Ajayi and their defense.

The difference between the two quarterbacks is that Foles is not making $30 million a year and is not one of the faces of the franchise.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:46 am

Saint Ryvern wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

The difference between the two quarterbacks is that Foles is not making $30 million a year and is not one of the faces of the franchise.

That I can't argue. We'll see if this a trend within the Falcons because if so, their playoff chances just got smaller.

In other news, since I am 1/1 now, I should re-post my remaining predictions. Hopefully I am right on all of them:

Bengals over Colts
Ravens over Bills
Saints over Bucs
Patss over Texans
Vikings over Niners
Dolphins over Titans
Jaguars over Giants
Steelers over Browns
Chiefs over Chargers
Panthers over Cowboys
Redskins over Cardinals
Broncos over Seahawks
Packers over Bears
Lions over Jets
Rams over Raiders

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:34 am

Zurkerx wrote:
Saint Ryvern wrote:The difference between the two quarterbacks is that Foles is not making $30 million a year and is not one of the faces of the franchise.

That I can't argue. We'll see if this a trend within the Falcons because if so, their playoff chances just got smaller.

In other news, since I am 1/1 now, I should re-post my remaining predictions. Hopefully I am right on all of them:

Bengals over Colts
Ravens over Bills
Saints over Bucs
Patss over Texans
Vikings over Niners
Dolphins over Titans
Jaguars over Giants
Steelers over Browns
Chiefs over Chargers
Panthers over Cowboys
Redskins over Cardinals
Broncos over Seahawks
Packers over Bears
Lions over Jets
Rams over Raiders

I think our playoff chances are very good. We have a incredibly easy schedule.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:42 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

Bengals over Colts
Ravens over Bills
Saints over Bucs
Patss over Texans
Vikings over Niners
Dolphins over Titans
Jaguars over Giants
Steelers over Browns
Chiefs over Chargers
Panthers over Cowboys
Redskins over Cardinals
Broncos over Seahawks
Packers over Bears
Lions over Jets
Rams over Raiders

Your next three games are home though, two of them are against the Saints and Panthers. Yet, they'll play harder, since they have to
1. compete for their division and
2. prove they aren't as bad as they were in last night's game.

The NFC South will be one of the toughest divisions to predict. I'm not entirely sold but, let's see what happens over the next few games.
Last edited by Zurkerx on Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Melon feud
Envoy

Founded: Aug 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Melon feud » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:32 am

:rofl: ya,right!,,,& good luck with you're lamentations,cuz' YOU,ME& EVERY OTHER FOOLBALLING FAN ain't seen nothing yet ,,,,also,the obvious key in flooding the boiler room of the dreadnought Flagship of Philly is to 'contain' if not down right denude their #86 tightend,,, also, that WAS a catch by Atlanta's #11,,, as,I'm assuming my fellow NATIONSTATERS posting in this thread are " well conditioned" in their expectations for the General direction the LEAGUE'S OFFICIATING STAFF will be OVERTLY dictating any games outcome with those yellow ribbon awards :ugeek:

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:35 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

Bengals over Colts
Ravens over Bills
Saints over Bucs
Patss over Texans
Vikings over Niners
Dolphins over Titans
Jaguars over Giants
Steelers over Browns
Chiefs over Chargers
Panthers over Cowboys
Redskins over Cardinals
Broncos over Seahawks
Packers over Bears
Lions over Jets
Rams over Raiders

If they can't score TDs in the redzone (which was also their trouble last year and last night) then chances will surely diminish.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:41 am

Jerzylvania wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I think our playoff chances are very good. We have a incredibly easy schedule.

If they can't score TDs in the redzone (which was also their trouble last year and last night) then chances will surely diminish.

We are playing some of the worst teams in the NFL this year. Outside of the NFC South teams Pack is about the only team that’s not going to be shit
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:43 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

We are playing some of the worst teams in the NFL this year. Outside of the NFC South teams Pack is about the only team that’s not going to be shit

When you get to the playoffs, the teams are usually good ones. Playing crapy teams all years doesn't get you ready for that. Only one exception to that, New England.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:43 am

Jerzylvania wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I think our playoff chances are very good. We have a incredibly easy schedule.

Also, Sports Illustrated chose them to win the Super Bowl this year. And since SI never gets those things right... They're basically doomed to mediocrity.

I'm extending that curse to Pittsburgh too, who SI slated to be the Falcons SB opponent, and Antonio Brown has the Madden curse to deal with too.
Last edited by Idzequitch on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General