NATION

PASSWORD

The 67th Worldvision Song Contest (Örkemdrem, Darkmania) IC

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:55 pm

Owen Roberts - "Go"
Tune: RuPaul - "Sissy That Walk"

MRX Television was absolutely furious that they had not won the rights to host the 67th WorldVision Song Contest, not least because of the amount of money that had already been spent, which was now all for nought. For logistical reasons, the opening act had to be commissioned before confirmation came through as to which nation had won the rights to the contest. MRX had therefore already commissioned a 7-minute long CGI opening sequence, about the magical powers of WorldVision, about never giving up. It featured a little boy whose Tetris cubes come to life (which was the inspiration behind the logo that MRX proposed for the contest), and taking everyone on a journey to show what WorldVision is. It was also meant to be a relaunch of WorldVision from a Mister Xian perspective, for the attitudes within Mister X had become that the contest itself was becoming tired, that it needed a firm kick up the backside with a sleek, efficient contest. And now, MRX won't have the chance to show it, with the added worry that all that money had gone to waste. As the opening act was a 7-minute long instrumental, it meant MRX couldn't cut their losses and enter their planned opening act into the contest at the expense of this song, which they really would have liked to have done. MRX don't have a good history with national finals, having had a poor rate of success on the rare occasions when an internal selection has not been used. For WorldVision 67, it was decided to try a national final. The WorldVision director of MRX had his own opinions on the songs (like anyone else), and so when a strange and somewhat questionable surge of late voting occurred in favour of this song, he ordered an investigation. That investigation is still ongoing, though, and therefore, MRX have been forced to enter this song. Although they still don't mind this song, expectations for the WorldVision Song Contest have never been lower. The director wouldn't be drawn into comments surrounding why he did not like this song (and moreover, why he actually used a national final if he didn't like it). The accepted wisdom is that, at best, this was a shock winner, and at worst, this was a deliberate campaign from the public to force Mister X into a bad result and withdraw from WorldVision altogether. To make a bad situation even worse for MRX, several other countries in WorldVision have lodged formal complaints over comments made in commentary by the MRX commentators, Robert Baxter and Sam Smith. Baxter and Smith were extremely put out by this, since no complaints, as far as MRX is aware, have been made to other countries, that they have decided that either they will sit in silence in the commentary box, or do a patronising commentary praising everyone no matter how bad the songs were, completely tongue-in-cheek. With the worrying notion that other nations' commentators may therefore choose to recommend to their countries that their televoters don't vote for Mister X as a "revenge" act, it's no wonder interest in the WorldVision Song Contest is at an all-time low in Mister X. But, out of defiance, no matter how well this song does, one thing has been made clear by MRX: Mister X isn't leaving. If our detractors and critics want us out, say MRX, they'll have to come and force us out. Therefore: a song that MRX didn't want, a lot of money wasted, very annoyed at not hosting, complaints from other countries... all things look extremely bleak for MRX and for the hopes of this contest. This, by any means, though, won't be the worst entry Mister X have ever sent, and MRX seriously hope that is reflected in the results, although they don't hold much hope, because the will and energy from the bosses, to be blunt, simply isn't there for this song or this edition. For now, though, they'll just have to accept it, and hope they can make the best of a bad situation: they hope to be "top half at best" as a result. Although one of the sections of the now junked opening act featured the phrase "never give up", MRX almost have. It's somewhat ironic that the lyrics of the song, completely coincidentally, heavily focus on the themes of staying and leaving, coming and going. "A Song For Mister X" was due to be followed up with a separate competition to choose "A Singer For Mister X", but such was the controversy over the first part of the national final, choosing the performer was quietly dropped, making the decision 100% internal. Owen Roberts, who represented Mister X at WorldVision 46, is returning. He may have a very poor record in this contest, and his selection, out of debt more than anything else ("I guess we owe him another go"), smacked of a broadcaster who had lost interest in the contest. With no money left, the money left on staging came to about T1.59. That's about enough for a loaf of bread in Mister X, and with no back LED screen in this contest, heads kept hitting hands. WorldVision 67 was slowly turning into a nightmare for MRX Television, and after attempting to gamble that remaining money and losing, the lack of money was very swiftly followed by a lack of ideas. MRX simply did not know what to do with the stage, the lights, the camerawork, anything. Moreover, they couldn't afford to hire any dancers or backing singers, and definitely not any choreographers such as Craig Rebel Snorewood. The only idea they had was to be incredibly simplistic and then just publicise Owen Roberts' sob story to pieces in the desperate hope he would attract some sort of sympathy vote.

Since WorldVision 46, Owen Roberts has fallen on extremely hard times. He fell into a spiral of depression whilst everyone around him, who he thought he could trust, turned their backs on him, including his partner. He was left all alone, unable to take any enjoyment in life, unable to find happiness in places he would normally expect to find it, and with no friends, no one could cheer him up. After his record label dropped him, Roberts spent what money he had left on a psychiatrist and counsellor. Unfortunately, results were very poor and not very useful, so now he had no money either. What's more, he was awarded no money from his divorce, and at one point he tried to take his own life. Whilst this could prove painful for viewers and listeners, Owen feels it's a story that very much needs to be told, because he feels he doesn't want anyone else feeling like this, because no one else deserves to have people stab them in the front, never mind in the back. Things picked up for Owen, when, almost as a last resort, he saw an advert for "A Performer For Mister X", the cancelled second part of the Mister Xian national final, and after making it to the final three (i.e. for the broadcast), when the national final was cancelled he balled his eyes out, because he assumed that the other contenders, Filius Deorum (the only Mister Xian WV winner), and Danny Alonso (the "man in possession", who represented Mister X in Telm City in WorldVision 66), had a better claim to the spot than he did. So when the phone rang to say that they wish to take Owen forward (although MRX made very clear that they only did so because he had only represented them once, a long time ago, so felt like he deserved another go), Owen was caught in a landslide of emotions, not sure whether to be happy, sad, or relieved, or guilty. He did not know what to think.

Owen's first press conference didn't go brilliantly either:
- "I'm so grateful for this opportunity. I think that despite all the problems MRX have had away from the stage, when the curtain rises we should all be one and the same, irrespective of where you're from, and I hope we just judge the song and myself as a performer and my performance, rather than... well, I don't need to go into it, really, but off-stage matters shouldn't be a factor, that's my view. I didn't come here to make friends. I don't have any friends to lose either, so I have nothing to lose any more, so I guess if I can make someone back home in Majorium proud, I know I've done something right for once."
- "So you don't want any points?"
- "I didn't say that. Of course I want points, I want to win, but, let's be honest, you know full well I'm not going to."
- "So you're giving up?"
- "No."
- "But you're not going to win?"
- "I would be very surprised if I do. Who, honestly, in this room, thinks Mister X can win this contest? No one. Bare minimum is to beat the joke songs."
- "And if you don't beat the joke songs, such as in WorldVision 63, when Mister X was beaten by its former colony Missus X, which doesn't even take the contest seriously?"
- "What are you saying, sir? Are you saying you want us to come last, with nul points? Are you trying to probe into my well-documented personal life, suggesting I may even take my life again if we come last? Do you want me to say that? No more questions."
And with that, Owen stormed out.

As Gaciadia left the stage, Owen put on a false smile, waved to the camera before the postcard came up, and as the postcard played took to the stage. Alone. Like most of his life. The stage is shown in complete darkness, with a pink colour in some of the piping. There is one spotlight behind Owen, who stands centre stage in the clothes he wears in the above publicity photograph. As the music crashed in, the camera slowly tightens from a medium length shot in front of him. He stands perfectly still during the introduction. Then, when he starts to sing, the light comes up and the camera shot stops zooming.

Well can't you see it's time for me to leave you,
When I go, I will remember what you do,
Nothing you say will change my mind;
It's made up and I'm gonna leave you behind

More light, more natural in colour, comes on, showing all the stage. Although the lighting remains flat for the next chorus, not changing at all, the camera shot changes to a steadicam, which runs around Owen, constantly looking at him. The camera does 3 laps of Owen for the pre-chorus. But Owen stays absolutely still.

And when I leave, and when I go,
Nothing you say will keep me now.
I'm gonna go, I'm gonna...

The lights start flashing as Owen finally moves and makes sharp movements with his arms on each "go" of the song. The camera makes a long panning shot before making two crash zooms ("woah oh"), one from Owen's right on a 45-degree angle on the same level as Owen, then one from the left in the same place. This repeats for each line of the chorus, taking a different angle for the panning shot whilst the same angles for the "woah oh"s remain, followed by a harsher crash zoom from front on on the final line of the chorus.

Go, go, go, go, woah oh, oh oh oh,
Go, go, go, go, woah oh,
I'M GOING TO GO!

And then Owen sticks his left arm out, with the wrist at an angle, and the palm of his hand facing down and inwards. Owen walks forward with straight legs, not bending his knees and putting his toe down first on each beat of the song, but on the fourth beat of the bar, he does a double step with the same foot. The camera follows him around the stage as he does so, taking a new shot on each 4-bar phrase of the instrumental. MRX really would have liked an army of dancers at this point but the budget constrains wouldn't let them.

For the second verse he returns to centre stage and stands dead still as the camera makes another slow zoom on him from directly in front of him. The lights return to their "flat" state: mostly natural, but some pink, and not animated at all.

Now I'm packed, I think I'll walk out that door.
Won't turn round now, I'm not welcome here any more.
Don't you stop me, if you have a problem with me,
Kiss my furry arse, I will be who I be.

This time, rather than a steadicam shot, one huge long tracking shot from the very back of the arena up to the stage, from a high angle, is displayed.

Owen repeats his dancing from the first chorus, as the camera angles from the first chorus play, but in reverse, i.e. the camera angle chosen for the fourth line is played first, and so on. The crash zooms at the end of each line remain in place.

Go, go, go, go, woah oh,
I'M GOING TO GO!

Rather than doing walks for the second break, Owen offers up a cha cha cha masterclass, with the camera jump-cutting between his footwork, on fire, and a full-length shot as he cha cha chas around the stage. The lights, meanwhile, repeat what they did from the first break.

At the bridge section, Owen slowly walks (in the fashion he did in the first break, but without the outstretched arm) back to the centre of the stage as the lights slowly fade back to how they started at the very beginning of the song: almost non-existent.

When the pre-chorus bursts back in, Owen stops moving, the camera stays on a still shot from in front of him, as a shower of sparks falls down behind him, and the lights return to how they were for the other pre-choruses.

The sparks stop, and during this chorus, Owen walks over the bridge on the stage and round to the little horseshoe, or whatever the correct terminology is, in front of the main part of the stage, reaching the very front of it by the time the break starts.

Go, go, go, go, woah oh,
I'M GOING TO GO!

Owen does more cha cha cha in this section of the stage, before returning to the middle of this section and punching one fist in the air, albeit somewhat limply, on the final beat of the song.

Owen's done all he can now. The applause from the crowd means nothing to him. Because they're not the people who matter. It's up to the voters. And hopefully, enough people out there liked it to call in and give him some points.
Last edited by Mister X on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

24 | Britonisea | Alyxhia Willis - You've Wanted Me

Postby Britonisea » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:11 pm

#24 BRITONISEA
Alyxhia Willis - "You've Wanted Me"
Tune : Anastacia - "Caught In The Middle (Official Video)"
Music: Alyxhia Willis James Embankmnent, Tasha Louise, Abigail Steyn, Jayden Christopher Lyrics: Alyxhia Willis, James Embankment

You've Wanted Her: Alyxhia Willis is ready to represent her nation at the WorldVision Song Contest 67!

The nation is returning to the WorldVision Song Contest after a successful hosting of the 66th Worldvision Song Contest in Telm City.

Last edition was an interesting one for BITC as they decided that it was time that Britonisea needed to host the competition again. Despite BVC recently hosting the 57th Worldvision Song Contest and 35th and 38th World Hit Festivals, BITC thought that the Britonish public were ready for yet another music festival to happen within the nation's borders. This would be the nation's seventh hosting of a music competition. Despite the six contests that Britonisea had hosted in the past, this was the first time that a broadcaster that wasn't BVC was hosting and therefore there was immense pressure to try and better the editions previously hosted by BVC. BITC had received criticism when it announced that they would be bidding to host the competition, as people thought that the budget could be put elsewhere - perhaps spending money on even more coverage of the upcoming Summer Games alongside the rights to the World Cup, which now is being broadcaster over the three main television companies in the nation. While the criticism may have gotten to BITC, they announced that they want to do as much as possible to increase Britonisea’s standing in the world, and increase BITC’s too. At the very same meeting where BITC responded to the criticism, they had also announced that Telm City would bidding to host the competition since Telm had yet to host anything eventhough the city receives the highest amount of tourism through air ttavel. In a bidding process which saw 80% of the first preferential votes go to Telm City, it was finally confirmed where we would go for WorldVision - but now it was time to pick an artist. In the past three editions that Britonisea had hosted, the nation placed in the top 2 three times - which bought another weight to th shoulders for the television company. Picking Kelsey Banques - who came third at Vha Mehlohdivestoile 2018 - came at a time when rival broadcaster had planned to send her to World Hit Festival 40, where Britonisea ultimately placed second. With huge pressure, BITC had to make sure that the entry they were sending was of good quality, and by the time the contest came around, Britonisea's 2nd place with 129 points consolidated Britonisea’s tradition of placing in the top 2 at the competition they are hosting, but also gave the nation their eighth top 2 placing ever.

Now with 50% of those top 2 placings happening since the 62nd WorldVision Song Contest, BITC had caught up to what BVC managed to achieve over 20 editions - which proved this broadcaster more knowledgeable about how to do well. In addition, the broadcaster has failed to fall out of the top 10, which is something they're hoping to keep at the 67th WorldVision Song Contest. Furthermore, with it being 20 editions since Britonisea’s most famous win “Centre of Attraction”, BITC will be keeping their game up to make sure that the nation can truly become a WorldVision powerhouse - a title in which every broadcaster dreams about. BITC did things differently to how they picked their artist for the 65th WorldVision Song Contest - which resulted in a 9th place. Instead of going through any selection format, BITC thought about internally selecting an artist, and looking through their files, they crossed over the artist Alyxhia Willis - who (one could argue) was out of the ordinary in terms of what the multiverse would expect out of a WorldVision participant from Britonisea.

Alyxhia Willis is a 39 year old woman from Quickenden, who hasn't solely focused on the talent she has in music. Throughout her adult life, she has been going from job to job, especially owing to her degree in the veterinarian services. While she would be a vet during the week, she would show everybody her true alter-ego come the weekend as she would perform on stage in front of thousands at bars or small theatres. Alyxhia had never ever imagined about performing on the WorldVision stage - in fact, she hadn't watched the contest too religiously before the nation’s recent success. The application for WorldVision singers were open - and are open throughout the year - and so she decided to enter that portal hoping that she would be able to showcase her talent abroad (well, to anybody who would listen to her). She had actually sent in her application months before her selection for the WV67, but had waited and waited - then later forgot about it. Luckily enough for her, she was given the opportunity to represent the country after she was called down for a meeting to BITC Headquarters were she was given a briefing.

At the time, the 65th WorldVision Song Contest had finished and noticed that the BITC broadcaster wasn't pleased with the results as the entertainment people seemed a bit off with her. The BITC team said that while they liked her and her voice, they weren't too happy with the song that she was singing as it sounded too “dated” to send at the WorldVision Song Contest. Instead, BITC had recommended that they are keen to work on the song, tweaking it but giving it a modern feel to it. Alyxhia didn't know what to feel at first as she thought that this was a way for the broadcaster to ruin her song altogether. After been given time to think about it she agreed. She was then told that she would be working with lyricist and musician James Embankment - who has been known to have co-produced many WorldVision/World Hit or Vha Mehlodhivestoile entries. Furthermore, if that wasn't enough for Alyxhia, she would have the opportunity to work with other lyricists and musicians - all listed above. Hearing about this opportunity, she knew that this would only be good for her and her chances at the WorldVision Song Contest. As she agreed, BITC offered to pay for her say in the HQ city while they worked on the song.

Going back and forth from the HQ city, she made sure that she was keeping up to date with all the happenings of WorldVision, and even took a trip down to Telm City to experience what the contest could be like at first hand. Problems rose as it was confirmed that Lucie Dagenham would no longer represent Britonisea at the WorldVision Song Contest as people assumed that she was going to be moved to the edition afterwards; WorldVision 67. Calming her down, BITC assured her that she was definitely confirmed for the upcoming 67th edition regardless of what happens. The song was nearing completion and she was about ready to perform her song (the revamped version) in a record studio before making an announcement about her participation.

"I'm ready to go out there!”

-Alyxhia Willis

Despite August 8th being the date in which BITC and Alyxhia's record label wanted to release the song, there were delays to it that was beyond Alyxhia's control. It hasn't been fully disclosed what the problem was in the end, but over a week later, Alyxhia and her song was confirmed - making Britonisea’s application into the WorldVision Song Contest slightly later than what it usually is. With a bidding contest happening between Darkmania and Mister X (and also Indo States), BITC were unsure as to who would win the rights. Had it been Mister X, it would've been the first time in 33 editions since Britonisea travelled to Mister X for the WorldVision Song Contest - but Darkmania has never hosted the contest. Thinking about the budgeting side of the competition, BITC were grateful that the competition was being held in Darkmania - a quick and easy short-haul flight from Telm City. Alyxhia arrived in the capital of Darkmania ready and rearing to go. In a press interview, she had stated that she “was ready to go out there and show everybody what they're missing”.

At the 67th WorldVision Song Contest in Orkendrem, Darkmania, Britonisea is performing 24th for the first time ever. BITC wished her every luck before her performance.

ENTRY DETAILS
Below, you can find all of the main details about the entry...

Duration: 2m59
Main Vocalist: Alyxhia Willis
*Will be referenced as M1, M2, M3, M4)
Dancing Male 1: Keiran Alexander-Petchey
Dancing Male 2: Sebastien Lumley-Sydenham
Dancing Male 3: Lukas Reece-Nicholls
Dancing Male 4: Xander Bates-Fillips
Female Vocalist 1: Laila Yates
Female Vocalist 2: Joanna Hugh-Smith
Lyricists: James Embankment
Composers: James Embankment

The audience had calmed down after the vibrant Mister Xian performance and was watching the Britonish postcard. As it was playing, the Darkmanian team bought on a large red lounge chair which she was going to lay herself on. She walked onto the stage looking like the queen she is, wearing a beautiful gold-encrusted dress, alongside golden high heels and a hairstyle which matched exactly to the image that was provided. With one of the parting crossing over her face, she eloquently fixed her hair before taking a seat on the red lounge chair. Like a lioness of her pride, Alyxhia was ready to pounce on any competition she had. The WorldVision community seems to think that Britonisea treats females and males differently - that men are the ones are hypersexualised in the media. While Britons have said that this is untrue, Alyxhia thought that it would be a great idea to go along with the stereotypes for this edition only. As she made herself comfortable on the lounge chair, four males joined her in different positions of the lounge chair. All of them had something different about them, representing the true diversity of the nation.

The men were wearing Grecian toga-like costumes which matched what Alyxhia was wearing, they all came in one by one, Keiran (M1) had moved to the end at which Alyxhia’s face was, holding a bunch of ripe green grapes. The second dancer, Sebastien (M2), moved in front of Alyxhia, sitting down on the floor and facing his head upwards towards the roof of the arena. The third dancer, Lukas (M3), was at the tail end of the lounge chair - he was standing in a strong (bodyguard) stance while the fourth dancer, Xander (M4), held a large fan while standing beside Keiran. As the postcard finished, Alyxhia and the men got themselves ready. A huge applause by Darkmania’s crowd welcomed the Britonish act to perform. As the lights went down in the arena everything was silent and the camera slowly moved forwards over the heads of the audience. A few spotlights focused on her and the men. As Alyxhia started to sing as she turned her head towards the ever-beckoning camera. The men stood in a tableau, not moving an inch.

You now have entered my lair,
Close and lock the door.
I have been expecting you, boy.
For too long I have been alone,
Oh, cure my loneliness
Nightmares will disappear.

During the first verse, Alyxhia moved her neck in fierce and sassy movements as that camera came closer and closer to her. Singing “close and lock”, she made a gesture with her hands symbolising somebody using a key to lock the door. At the end of the first verse at “Nightmares will disappear”, she leaned her back over the edge of the lounge chair, moving her free hand over her forehead as though she was the damsel in distress. In the very short vocal break between the verse and the buil-up to the first chorus, the cameras cut between each other at a very fast pace - similar to this effect before a sudden change in the song.

Alyxhia quickly sat herself up on the lounge chair as the colours on the stage matched the colours on the lounge chair and her dress. The men all around her had moved positions, all moving to each corner of the chair facing their bodies towards Alyxhia (who, of course, was sitting upwards in the middle of the chair). Alyxhia crossed her legs, swaying her shoulders along with the beat of the song; coming forwards everytime the beat caught her. The men, however, kept still...not daring to move.

There’s been a few frogs that I have kissed but to no prevail,
And for years and years I’ve been let down, I’ve been betrayed.
You have watched me from a distance going through heartbreaks,
You are my solution now,
Boy, you are the one.
You are the one.

When singing “going through heartbreaks”, she moved her hands over her heart, while doing a hurt expression over her face. She then slowly stood up as she sang “You are my solution now”, with the four men who were all around the lounge chair now turning around towards the audience, all holding the strong bodyguard position that was previously mentioned. Their faces were fierce too, almost as though anybody who tried to get in the way of Alyxhia and her performance would have to go through them first - she was protected. Going further and further in to the song, she exaggerated her sway movements as the golden and rouge lights swirled around in the large Darkmanian arena.

After the “Boy, you are the one” line, there was another dramatic break. Here, fire from all corners of the arena shot into the air, with Alyxhia standing with one of her hands on her hip. Cameras switched from the ones furthest away in the arena to close up as fire lit up the arena. Before singing the chorus, there was an extreme close-up on her, before the camera rapidly zoomed out on the stage. She then started to sing the chorus of the song for the first time. As she sang “You have” a large puff of glittery pyros shot from behind her. She continued singing the chorus while swaying her hips and reacting to her own lyrics that she was signing.

You have got what I have always wanted,
Got what I have always wanted.
And yes, I was too blind to see,
That you’ve wanted, that you’ve wanted
You’ve wanted me.

Oh, got what I have always wanted.
And I was too ignorant, to
To see that you’ve, to see that you’ve,
You’ve wanted me.

All of the lights in the arena had turned off and the spotlights which were on earlier came back down as Alyxhia solemnly sat herself down on the lounge chair. The men had all orderly rushed to her call - with all four of them standing behind the lounge chair, holding her a bunch of grapes or fanning her; anything that would please her. She then turned looked at the men over her shoulders before cheekily smiling back to her audience and where the camera was positioned.

She started to sing the next verse, which was much shorter than the first. She traced her hand down her face and body during the upcoming verse - with one camera slowly following where her fingers went. She then suddenly stopped, cueing the next shot to happen - right in time for the next pre-chorus of the song.

You’re packed with all my desires,
Adonis in disguise,
And your eyes scream for me.

Alyxhia then stood up and walked around to the dancers who were behind her. She looked at the camera, with the tip of her tongue slowly brushing against the far corner of her lips. She then proceeded to walk in front of Kieran, the main dancer, swaying her body in front of him as he puts his hands over her stomach. The camera teased their interaction as it showed their hands touching in between one-anothers before fading to black every few beats of the song. She stayed with Kieran for the first two lines before moving to the dancer on the other end of the lounge chair, Xander. Slowly caressing his face, she continued to sing with the camera teasing their interaction too.

Let our bodies, let our souls meet for the very first time.
And feel the tenderness of your lips pushing on mine.
Then let us create a beat, a song, with our movements.
You are my solution now,
Boy, you are the one -

As the last line of the pre-chorus came up, the backing singers made sure to come in at this part as the chorus came in straight after and we didn’t want Alyxhia too choke on her words. Alyxhia walked away from Xander the dancer, coming to the front of the stage, with her face lit up and the men standing behind her only silhouettes. Alyxhia took a large breath before coming in at the end of the pre-chorus. A camera came from above her, with her eyes meeting it as the stage exploded in to the chorus, with all of the colours filling up the arena. Alyxhia continued to sway along with the music like in the other chorus. The camera kept on coming closer and further away, with each time it came closer, one of the men in the background disappearing.

You’ve wanted me.

Oh, got what I have always wanted.
To see that you’ve, to see that you’ve,
You’ve wanted me.

At the end of the chorus, all of the men had gone from behind her. She turned around and noticed that they were gone. A steadicam, one that came behind her, joined her as she turnd around. She smiled at the camera as the next part of the song came. One hand from the third dancer came from behind of her, across her stomach. Alyxhia put her hands over the toned males hand with a “there you are” expression over her face. She was then lifted in to the air like as though she was being praised by the men. She started to sing the bridge section; making gestures alongside whatever she was singing.

I love your love for me,
Make me feel like I am special.
Kiss me again - again, oh oh oh oh
Quick - before we are caught -
Show me the beast behind the cage,
Tell me that you’ve wanted me!

The men then carried her around to the lounge, where they let her down. Standing on the lounge, she belted out the last line of the bridge (“Tell me that you’ve wanted me!”) before the camera quickly zoomed away from her. The men were doing rigid movements around the lounge at which she stood on. As the chorus came back on, she started to bend her knees as she used all of the muscles in her body to sing the song. While it was initially intended to use a shower of sparks here, the BITC stage team thought that it wasn’t a great idea to use them since the performance before did. Instead, glitter puffed into the air from all corners while she really gave that final verse her all.

Got what I have always wanted. (yeah, yeah)
You’ve wanted me.

Got what I have always wanted. (yeah, yeah)
Oh, got what I have always wanted. (yeah, yeah)
To see that you, to see that you,
You’ve wanted me.

At the end of the performance, the dancers and Alyxhia all stood together, with the camera zooming out on Alyxhia. As Darkmania started to applaud, she broke away from the group of men that she was with. “Thank you, everyone! Thank you so much!” she said in to the microphone before she curtsied and the men bowed. Then then all followed each other off of the stage as the 25th act, Wazekia, started to get themselves ready. Alyxhia was happy with the performance she had just given - but it was up to the viewing public to decide whether they liked it...
Last edited by Britonisea on Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wazekia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazekia » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:05 pm

25. Wazekia
“Awakening” – Errik Haslek

Tune

Errik Haslek was originally supposed to represent Wazekia in WorldVision 48. He had been disappointed when they had decided to withdraw from the contest after he had tried so hard to even get an audition. The unpredictability of Wazekia's participation and the numerous small bands and musicians had presented quite an obstacle for him. There had been times where he had been told that they were not accepting anymore submissions from artists after waiting in line outside the WAZTEL Tower for hours. He took some solace in the fact that at least it hadn't been raining that day, but it didn't take away any of the sting of disappointment.

He did eventually manage to get through and have "Awakening" selected as Wazekia's entry and the judges were impressed with his ideas for a performance. Then he got the call saying that Wazekia had abruptly decided not to go forward with sending a performance. He was devastated.

Things turned around when Wazekia reentered the contest after the long hiatus. After the arguable success of WV66 with viewers, the WorldVision committee announced that they would like to have him perform at the upcoming contest. Erik felt as though he could fly. He was still angry that he had been put through the ringer, but as time when on it he increasingly forgot about it as the contest neared.

-----

Errik is on the stage along he is dressed in all white. The lights flash behind him and he begins to sing.

Girl at first I felt we were so connected.
Your presence in the room felt like a blessing
The truth was blinding and savage and aching
You used me and then threw me away
So why do I want you so badly to stay?

I’ve been denying what I have known
Now I’m just awakening
All the feeling of sleeping alone
Now I’m just awakening
From this dark dream! (x2)

I was lost and wandering around in incomprehension
Speechless at your sudden indifference.
Was your love for me just my delusion?
Your rejection hit me like a dart
But not I’ll make a new start!

Now I’m just awakening
Now I’m just awakening
From this dark dream! (x2)

No looking back, and if I ever think of returning,
I’ll find someone to wake me
And if you try to get me sad and love sick and yearning
I’ll say wake me now, now, now, now, noooooow!
Someone awaken me!

Now I’m just awakening
Now I’m just awakening
From this dark dream! (x3)

Thank you Darkmania! Thank you WorldVision!
Last edited by Wazekia on Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:35 am, edited 5 times in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:41 pm

26. Main Nation Ministry

Fifty More Soldiers

Starring Sergeant Stavro Mazur, Armed Forces Technician Eduino Sachs and the fine soldiers from Main Nation Ministry's Armed Forces!

After the postcard for Main Nation Ministry is presented, the stage goes dark, so the audience and TV viewers can focus on the LED screen at the back of the stage. On screen, it showed Sergeant Stavro Mazur and a soldier driving a military jeep in the middle of a random desert. The jeep proceeds to break down, forcing the two to pull up near the road. "Well, we're going to be late for the Worldvision Song Contest, when we're out in the middle of nowhere!" Stavro Mazur said to his driver, as he pulls out a walkie-talkie. "Hang on, I send in Eduino Sachs to get us there in no time. Come in, Sachs. I repeat, come in Sachs."

A spotlight illumanited a section on the stage, where Eduino Sachs can be seen behind a turntable on a raised platform, wearing an uniform covered in red and white neon lights. Staying in character, he answers his walkie-talkie to communicate with Stavro. "This is Eduino Sachs, coming in. It seems you two are going to be late for the show." Sachs said, as he started to press some buttons at the turntable. "Eduino, send us on stage. Do your so-called magic that you managed to have." Starvo said, before whispering to the cameraman who was filming the footage for the LED screen. "A bit of a disclaimer, we're not using actual magic by the way." Starvo whispered.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen! Who's ready for the performance?" Eduino Sachs said to the audience. Pressing a button, the center of the stage was lit up with pyrotechnics, where 15 seconds later, the pyrotechnics die down to reveal Mazur's jeep, which was now in the colors of red, white and black. Around 20 soldiers appeared from the bridges to the stage, ready to dance and twirl their assault rifles at the beat of the song. Starvo, who already had a wearable mic earpiece, began singing his song.

Welcome to the corps, soldier
Get ready for a war
We start heading to the skies, maybe
Or coming from the shore
We'll treat our enemies sourly
Even in a war
Just give us a little strength maybe, as we knew

As we're at the field
I already know your pride is there for you
Fifty more soldiers till the rising sun, where we can rest, including you

Right directly on the front is our type of battle
Fifty more soldiers, things are going tighter
(Fifty more soldiers, things are going tighter)

Feeling ready, soldier?
What do you want to forget?
Just straighten your nerves, soldier
Make sure you don't beset
We might treat you like a worm
But we make sure you don't regret
Just give a little strength maybe, we knew

As we're at the field
I already know your pride is there for you
Fifty more soldiers till the rising sun, where we can rest, including you

Right directly, oh yes

(We know is our type of battle)

Truly going tighter

Follow the sound of the victory trumpet
Make sure that you pump it
Searching for a solution, soldier
You gotta feel brave
In order to brace that enemy wave
Just to survive one more day, soldier

Right directly, oh yes

(Fifty more soldiers, things are going tighter)
Last edited by Main Nation Ministry on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:44 pm

27. _Tödlichebujoku_

Let Go

Salamu & Sorya Ueno

It seemed like ages had passed since the duo competed in that fateful Sinun Valintasi where they had placed second to the wildcard Annamaria Magdalena and her Fuckettes, but the support of Salamu and Sorya's fans had remained shockingly constant over the intervening timespan. Unsure of exactly when and really if TÖBUK's promise would come to fruition, the two had continued on with their lives and careers, pumping out new music and going on tour. And then one day, not long after the high from the nation winning WorldVision 66, the long-promised call came.

Sorya Ueno was born in Sinnlichšukai, across the bay from Éuszerstenkeiken on Tödlichebujoku's east coast, but really grew up in the central city of Frigidekasai, where she found her interest in music during worship services. As a teenager she grew locally known for covers of hymns and similar religious fare, but soon Sorya reached a point where she made the decision to rebrand herself. A career based on such a subject could only go so far, and besides, she really was not as invested in her faith as her image at the time made her out to be. Tired of living a light lie, and ready to move on to broader horizons, she began releasing more lighthearted and fun songs reflective of her true easygoing nature. However, not all were understanding of her choice. In particular, a number of congregants at her home temple protested passionately and created a horribly chilly atmosphere whenever they were in contact with her, as they believed that she was abandoning the faith and selling her body and soul for nothing but the promise of riches. A small portion of her fanbase felt similarly, and tainted her crystallomatrix life with snide comments and calls to return and repent. Luckily for Sorya, the majority of her fans were supportive of her decision and their positivity helped her move on and continue on the path to success. Realizing that she needed to take a break from the more toxic people in her everyday life, she left for the capital city of Rotlichtčiku where she managed to attend a historic but down-to-earth temple while furthering her career in the well-connected city. At this time, she met a stunning lady, Natali Tanzi, during one of the latter's exhibitions of glass and ice sculptures. While Sorya had been on a few trysts in her younger years, she quickly realized that her feelings this time ran far deeper than before, and eventually the two married and began a family. Her experience with Natali greatly shaped her viewpoint in life, and thus her feelings for her became a common theme in her music.

Salamu, real name Regin Lahti, on the other hand, had always been an Fauligekaikobu boy through and through. He did, however, have family in Frigidekasai which he visited often, and so was familiar with the story of Sorya Ueno as it played out, and even had seen her sing at an event once as a burgeoning teenager. Regin, however, did not have any aspirations to sing, and rather had a childhood dream as a composer. As he grew older, he began to be exposed to the nascent electronic music industry radiating from the IU portal points in Frigidekasai and Rotlichtčiku, and found mentorship via more established electronic producers. One of his primary influences and teachers was in fact Tekata, who had produced and performed Tödlichebujoku's first electronic dance entry in WorldVision all the way back in WV35. With this strong background, Regin began gaining popularity as Salamu, his music becoming common in clubs and parties across the nation. Thus, in a club in Sterblichengokai, he happened to meet Sorya, who was also performing. Coincidentally, the two had been interested in each other's sound, and with some additional bonding over memories of Frigidekasai, began to collaborate on a track which would eventually go on to be sent to TÖBUK and place second in Sinun Valintasi.

And so the two found themselves in Örkendrem, reunited after some time pursuing their individual interests. It felt surreal, as they had dreamed of this happening a whole 7 WorldVision editions ago, but didn't really expect to see actually happen. Even so, they were excited to have the chance to finally represent their nation in WorldVision. Salamu in particular was worried about possibly letting down Tekata, but Sorya was constant in reassuring him that Tekata would be proud no matter how they placed, as long as they pulled off an amazing performance. With that, Main Nation Ministry's entry was about to be done performing, and and it was time to head on stage.

The stage lightly glimmers blue, and mist pours down the back wall and onto the stage.White lights glimmer along the back wall in time to the chords of the music. Lit from behind, Sorya slowly strides through the mist onto the stage, wearing a silvery dress. She sings slowly and deliberately, perhaps a bit of tremble reflecting the uncertainty in her words
Pimeüdessá kávelin üksin
In the darkness I walked alone

Etsimállá merkitüstá
Searching for meaning

Küükyodessá, ei mitáán
In emptiness, nothing

The white lights become golden as they continue to blink up the back wall through the fog. Meanwhile, the stage floor is illuminated in an aqua blue. Sorya's dress reflects these colors in a glimmering array as she reaches the edge of center stage. She reaches out toward the audience, miming the heat of fire compared to coolness on skin, before bringing her arm back to grasp at her heart
Mutta palo ei ole kuuma
But fire is not hot

Kunnes tuuli viilentáá ihoa
Until a breeze cools the skin

Tulet, olet, tástá yáán
You come, you are, of this ice

A burst of fog begins to overtake the center of the stage, just stopping short of Sorya, as the center stage begins to rise just visibly. All the lights change to a golden hue, as Sorya leans her head back and wipes at her forehead dramatically, as if sweltering
Siná, kuten likteni, on mürskü kesállá
You, like fortune, are a storm in the summer

Virkistává vastaan raskas netsa
Refreshing against the heavy heat

The lights begin to brighten as the fog lifts away from the center rising platform, revealing Salamu with his boyfriend Lavi, who is a dancer and formerly one of Sorya's dancers on tour. They hold each other, then lean
Pidá mua
Hold me

Sülissás'
In your arms

Táná il...tana
Toni...ight

The lights brighten and sweep out in shades of gold and white, flickering subtly with the buildup
You light up these rooms with your voice
When I'm dancing with you I've no choice
I can't, I can't, I can't let go

The lights now sweep out more quickly and smoothly, and a dynamic array of lights illuminate Sorya
Let go of you tonight

The ambient lighting cuts out, leaving only Salamu and Lavi whirling about and lit in light gold mist, and Sorya's dress being illuminated by an array of strobe lights flashing from various directions but all directed at the glimmering portions of her dress

As the dance break winds down, the lights dim on the two men, and all attention is on Sorya as the lighting returns to a more simplistic spotlight on her

Vuosien ya vuosien odotukset
Years and years of waiting

Ovat yohtaneet táhán hetkeen
Have led to this moment

Tule, tuo mut láhelle
Come, bring me close

She seems enraptured, eyes shut as rose petals drift down from the ceiling
Námá terálehdet saarssien,
These petals of roses,

Suudella meidán hehkuva iho
Kissing our glowing skin

Rakkautemme, ei kuole
Our love, will not die

She opens her eyes again, out at the audience, with determination
Nüt támá rakkaus ei ole südánsuru,
Now this love is not heartbreak,

Kunnes se on kadonnut
Not until it is lost

Enraptured once more, she looks skyward. Salamu and Lavi, once again, are illuminated and in each other's arms
Niin pidá mua
So hold me

Sülissás'
In your arms

Táná il...tana
Toni...ight

The mist and gold lighting return as the music builds up

As before, the lights sweep out and everything is bright
Let go of you tonight

The stage cuts to black with only strobe lights on Sorya's dress and the two men
ah, ah, ah, ah, ah..
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 12 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Lactatia
Attaché

Founded: Nov 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lactatia » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:46 pm

28. Lactatia
Latisha Von Titteh - In My Vagina

Tune: Margaret - In My Cabana
Language: English

Latisha von Titteh is as well-known in Lactatia as you can get, really, as the music industry in the nation suffers heavily from lack of international recognition. Many claim that Lactatian songs and artists are 'vulgar' and 'inappropriate', but these are just the norm for your average, everyday Lactatian citizen. Be that as it may, Worldvision and the World Hit Festival song contests all serve as the only platforms in which Lactatia can broadcast their songs internationally - at the expense of many viewers' well-being. Latisha rolled onto the stage, looking confused as the crowd all stared at her in silence. She coughed, brushed herself up, and waddled to the microphone. Then she peed. Then the music began to play and she sang.

Hey boy you're looking mighty fine, alright.
Been thinking 'bout you late at night, alright
Been using my vibrator, gonna go cum later.
But I wish you were here with me.

To put yourself in my vagina.
But I could swallow if you wanna... oh na na
You could cum in my vagina.
And make me your toy, your little toy

So put your dick in my vagina.
And I'll suck you if you wanna... oh na na
You can cum in my vagina, vagina na na
So dump your load in me... oh boy oh boy.

Don't worry about my Aunt Flo, oh yeah.
She came and left a week ago, oh yeah.
So you can fuck my pink lips, I ain't got no limits.
I'm so fucking horny.

And when the sun goes down, baby
I'll squirt on your face, honey.

Shove your cock in my vagina.

I'd do anything for your cock
Lick your ass, drink your cum from a sock.
I want it, I want it so bad.
It's driving me, driving me mad.

Woahhhh
If it's left up to me (Woah to me)
I want to drink all your pee.
Woahhhh
If it's left up to me (Woah to me)
I want to drink all your pee.

Put your dick in my vagina.

Shove your fist in my vagina.
oh boy oh boy.

A singular fan was heard clapping as Latisha finished her song and threw her hands up in the air and posed. Then she slipped on her pee. Then she left the stage.
Last edited by Lactatia on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Saviera
Spokesperson

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saviera » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:36 pm

29. Saviera
Summer (I Wanna), by Rosa Luxembourg

To The Tune Of Wisdom Tooth By IU

After She Could Not Participate at Worldvision 59, Rosa Luxembourg is Finally Here. She's Wearing a Cute Dress.

Hey
Do you remember the time when
You put your hand on my heart?

It was a summer dream
The sandman in you saw the love in me
And together we gazed at each other
Right under the stars

So tonight I wish
I’m wishing upon a shooting star that you will come
Come and fulfill all the fairytale fantasies that we have made
Come tonight and I will wait
Let’s not wait until tomorrow ‘cause we live
Today

I wanna, wanna live under the sunlight
Gonna, gonna love you in the moonlight
Hold me
And we will write a melody
Oh oh, come kiss me
And you’ll remember all that you have missed
In the summer

So now
Will you be the one to come with me just like you did?
To exchange the stories of what we did until all has been said
Nothing will shine more than our love
Let’s repeat that summer where you touched my heart
Tonight

I wanna, wanna live under the sunlight
Hold me
Oh oh, come kiss me
In the summer

Will it hurt to try to mend what we once had?
Is it good? Is it bad? Is it true? Is it love?
In the summer I won’t break your heart

She Starts Vocalizing and the Backing Singers Take Over Some of the Parts Below.

Wanna, wanna live under the sunlight
Hold me
Oh oh, come kiss me

Love is good
Love is bad
Love is true
Love is warm
Love is sun
Love is shining in the summer

Love is good
Love is true
Love is sunshine

I wanna be your summer

The Song Ends and Everyone Cheers. Aww, It's So Sweet.
Last edited by Saviera on Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andalusin
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Andalusin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:25 pm

#30 Andalusin
Yasmin Yasfa - "The Rose of Pyrenees"

Tune: Nissa Sabyan - Rohman ya Rohman

The performance begins with a girl (Yasmin Yasfa) who is sitting back to a pianist who is preparing to play the piano in front of him and a screen background that displays pictures of mountains at night with sparkling starlight. music began to sound and she began to make her voice. but without the tone of the piano.

If tomorrow come again, If tomorrow will come again
I'm definitely waiting
But it can't be silent
Walk until when I don't know

then the tone of the piano being played starts to sound.
If tomorrow come again, If tomorrow will come again
I'm definitely waiting
But it can't be silent

I have searched for a way, but still can't find it
Should I wait for this kind of thing?
Even though there is hope there
Waiting for you who don't know where

The Rose of Pyrenees, Let me pick a flower
Breathe in lonely flower scents
Feel lonely in the heart
Along with the cold mountains

If tomorrow comes again, If tomorrow will come again
I'm definitely waiting
But it can't be silent

I'm definitely waiting
But it can't be silent

I have searched for a way, but still can't find it
Should I wait for this kind of thing?
Even though there is hope there
Waiting for you who don't know where

Feel lonely in the heart

I'm definitely waiting
But it can't be silent

I'm definitely waiting
But it can't be silent

Feel lonely in the heart

Feel lonely in the heart

The Rose of Pyrenees, The Rose of Pyrenees .......
Last edited by Andalusin on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Mercedini
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:03 am

#31 MERCEDINI
Daniel Alishkaerni & Alienna - "Heart's Desire"
Tune: Sam Tinnesz ft. Yacht Money - "Play With Fire"
Music: Daniel Alishkaerni • Lyrics: Daniel Alishkaerni, Ali Ennaia

After a rather respectable 10th place finish for the nation in the previous edition in Britonisea, Mercedini are back for another crack at the WorldVision crown, with time quickly approaching the twentieth edition since Mercedini debuted at the 48th edition in Talvezout. With public opinion of the contest fading due to favourable yet disappointing results in recent editions, the host broadcaster, ENM, have gone all out to get the public and music producers onside by sending one of the most popular Mercedinian pop/indie artists to grace the stage of international song contests in recent memory. Many hope that this could be a turning point for the nation in WorldVision, with the nation still seeking their first victory after a plethora of near misses across the years.

You would have to cast your mind way back to the 34th World Hit Festival when a young indie artist took to the stage in Izmedu, in a performance that would captivate an audience in the millions and would kick start a three-edition streak where Mercedini wouldn't drop out of the top two, capping it off with a second win in the 36th edition, also in Izmedu. Since then, many have been wondering whether Alishkaerni will make a return to the stage to help and rescue to a declining Mercedinian record in the WorldVision Song Contest. After many months of discussions between ENM executives and the World Hit Festival champion, he finally agreed to head to Orkemdrem for the 67th edition of WorldVision. This time, he's bought a friend with him.

Alishkaerni will be accompanied by Mercedinian rap-sung artist Alienna in Darkmania, with her online covers of well known WorldVision and World Hit songs capturing the attention of Alishkaerni, resulting in the young Mercedinian being drafted into the song, adding a verse to the final submitted entry which will be performed live in Darkmania. Around a thousand Mercedinians will be expected to make the trip to Darkmania to see the pair in action, with ENM claiming the performance will be the "spectacle of the year", with Mercedinian-WorldVision viewing records expected to be broken on the night given the high profile of the perforers involved.

It could be Mercedini's final chance at claiming the WorldVision title, with public opinion of the contest beginning to wain after many editions of sustained growth. Mercedinians are proud of their music scene given their sustained good performances at the World Hit Festival, but mixed results in this contest has left a sour taste in the mouths of many viewers with allegations of tactical voting in respect to joke acts, bloc voting and many regular participants voting for nations rather than songs, all leading to dissatisfaction in a contest which is becoming heavily saturated with generic songs. Dan & Ali will perform 31st in the final, becoming the latest Mercedinian song performed at the contest

The song begins with a wide shot of a the darkened stage, with the camera slowly sweeping in over the first catwalk, over the heads of the separated audience at the front and over the final inner catwalk before sweeping over the stage floor and to a waiting figure in the centre. A spotlight is lit up to reveal Daniel in a black jumper and black jeans, blending in with the darkness at the moment. Daniel is leaning on the side of a matte black carcass of a Lamborghini with the microphone in his hand as he stares at the camera while it approaches him. Sharp white lights permeate through the ribs at the back of the stage with dim red lights shining down onto the audience from the two halos of light circling above the stage. Daniel walks forward to the front of the stage in time with the drum beats of the song, with strobe light flashing in the back as the rippled bass effect becomes present in the song. The camera angle changes as Daniel says the final line before the first instrumental chorus happens.

This bed, we lie. Let’s do this one more time
I share my prayers, your heaven is my hell.
Conducting electricity
Your golden touch can set me free

I guess that’s just my heart’s desire

The carcass of the black Lamborghini is set ablaze in the centre of the stage, with a raging fire that seems unsafe to the average viewer, but the performers are safely away from the fire as the car roof contains most of the blaze in the background. The fire bathes the stage in an orange hue which is absorbed off the back of the jumper Daniel is wearing to give the illusion the Mercedinian vocalist is glowing orange. The lights around the arena circle the stage and audience in a rather erratic fashion with an abundance of flags being waved in the front portions of the stadium, which is captured by the camera. Daniel stands motionless as the camera makes a series of sweeping shots around the stadium, taking in the expanse of the stadium plus the individual pieces of the performance. The flames die down to make way for the second part of the performance.

Heart’s desire

The lights at the back of the stage glow in bright white as a female figure reveals itself, the figure is silhouetted in the background as Daniel sings into the camera for the second verse. With the vocals added, the figure is obviously Alienna as she walks past the charred remains of the Lamborghini and towards Daniel as he sings his solo for the second verse. Alienna catches up with Daniel and begins to place her arm on her shoulder. The two share a quick glance at each other before looking at the camera to say the song's tagline in unison with each other, which returns a small cheer from the crowd, especially from the Mercedinian and Britonish portions of the crowd, to which they are both familiar with.

No lies (no lies), she said (I said). As feelings spin in my head
I love (I love) these games (these games), want you to feel the same
Can’t wait to see the tables turn
Your golden touch leaves me to yearn

The flames return from the Lamborghini as the two split and go onto each of the steps of the inner catwalk, the lights move around the stadium to add to the chaos as the pairing meet up together after Daniel walks from the camera's left to the centre with Alienna walking from the camera's right to the centre, with flags waving manically in time with the song as the white and red lights combine with the intensity of the song to deliver the best performance the could have, but there is still a good minute to go in the song, with song slowing to a halt as the two split once again before the Alienna solo in the song.

Heart’s desire
Heart’s desire
‘sire, ‘sire

The two split with Daniel walking to his left as the camera follows him, with Ali walking to the camera's right off screen with Daniel singing his part before hand it over to the female Mercedinian performer. Daniel steps up onto the left bridge and sings into the aerial camera as it sweeps towards him, he sings the final line of the song before looking over to Ali as she take over the song with her solo.

Oh, wishing you could stoke my fire
Oh, I guess that’s my heart’s des-

The stage goes dark with a single spotlight is placed on Ali's head, there are pulses of red with flickers of a darker red wine colour as she stands tall on top of the right-hand bridge, the change in light level and the sudden deep bass entrances the crowd as they clap along, with the claps faintly being heard on the arena microphones. The right aerial camera sweeps in similar to how the left hand camera sweeped into Daniel before. There is the added effect of glitches which pulse on the screen for the people are home, with the prevalent effect being red pixilation around the edges. Ali walks off the other end of the bridge to the outer catwalk where a waiting camera picks her up where the aerial left off. She struts along the catwalk, walking forward as the manned camera moves in front of her, creating a two person train.

Mmm, work your magic. Grab me, have me.
Say you won’t forget that, ooo I’m lovestruck.
We’re chemicals, mixing in the universe (uh huh, more)

The manned camera moves away from the catwalk as the aerial camera takes over once more, Ali offers her hand up to the camera before floating it back to her side as she approaches the middle of the outer catwalk. Another manned camera tracks the footsteps of Daniel as the both walk to the centre before meeting in the middle. Ali then says the main tagline of the song once more, this time on her own before the song kicks back into life for the final time.

Casual essence, we're moving forward as a team
Can’t you feel it here in your conscience
Deafened by the silence
I know you like it

The flaming Lamborghini returns to the stage once more, but this time it's accompanied by flame jets from the stage floor back on the main stage. Meanwhile, on the main stage the performers bounce off each other and sing their remaining lines at each other before turning to face the audience, urging them to join in with the performance, which many do. The lights and the flames all add to the intensity of the song with a couple of backing singers off-stage accompanying with the parts that aren't being visually sun by the performance (the parts in brackets). For the final line, the final two join as one with Ali standing in front of the male performer, as Daniel places her arm around Ali as a final stance before the end of the performance. The light's cut out as a faint lighter sound is briefly heard. The lights around centre stand all converge onto the pairing with the car fire the only thing lighting up the rest of the stage.

Heart’s desire (I guess that’s just my heart’s desire)
Heart’s desire (I guess that’s just my heart’s desire)
‘sire, ‘sire (I guess that’s just my heart’s desire)
(Guess that’s just my heart’s desire) I guess that’s just my heart’s des-

The central aerial camera slowly moves forward, capturing the car fire as it disappears behind the pairing, giving the illusion the flickers of flame are coming from the pairing, before the fire goes out and the main design of the contest returns to the screen. A deafening cheer sounds out around the arena as the two wave to all corners of the stadium, with thousands of Mercedinians in the crowd and undoubtedly millions if not tens of millions at home in what could potentially be the biggest Mercedinian performance in WorldVision history. Their performance is over, but it would be up to all of the other nations to decide whether those three minutes or so have made their mark. "Tusen takk! Grazij, thank you Darkmania" Ali says with a faint Mercedinian accent. "We love you!" Daniel says as the two hold hands and walk off stage, undoubtedly with their fingers crossed. A brief transition is made before the next postcard begins.
Last edited by Mercedini on Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.................................................................................................................................
Novapax Founder • Host Portfolio • Trophy Cabinet
World CupBest: Group Stage ('77, '81, '82, '83)
Cup of HarmonyBest: Champion ('72)
U21 World CupBest: 3rd Place ('43)
U18 World CupBest: Champion ('4)
Independents CupBest: Champion ('5)
WC of HockeyBest: 2nd Place ('37)
WJHCBest: Champion ('13)
WorldVision
Best Placing: 1st (Lipa '72)Most Points: 108 pts (Lipa '72)

World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 1st ('34 & '36)Most Pts: 34 pts (Mousiki '31)
Junior World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 3rd ('3, '4 & '5)Most Pts: 26 pts (Tushlark '5)
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Indo States
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

WV67 - Ilyushin IL-67 - Do for Lucky

Postby Indo States » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:27 am

Last edited by Indo States on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fédération Fatimanienné - Fatiman Federation
Country of Freedom and Education

I DO NOT USE NATIONSTATES STATS

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:23 am

It's Saturday night on MRX One, the News and our late film, Blades of Glory, are still all to come. But we get going tonight firstly with the WorldVision Song Contest, live from Darkmania.

Robert: Good evening and welcome to the 67th WorldVision Song Contest. We would really have liked to have hosted it, but no, we're stuck in our box in this wonderful, wonderful country who fully deserved to win the rights to this year's contest!
Sam: For those of you who aren't aware, one of our long-standing traditions here at MRX is to label all the songs according to how "hard" they are. Hard songs are edgy, and rocky; soft, mellow songs are, well, soft and mellow, really. The scale ranges between hypersoft (yoghurt) and superhard (plate): we go yoghurt, plum, jam, butter, bread, bottle, plate. Shall we get started?

Opening Act

--RESERVED--

01 Izmedu

--WIP--

02 Nekoni

--WIP--

03 Axuva

Robert: Powerful, dark, dramatic, driving this song, a power ballad that was amazing and wonderful in every way!
Sam: Absolutely, a bread song to open up. The staging was incredibly high concept, but didn't they do well?
Robert: Yeah! They're going to be my favourites!

04 Togonistan

--RESERVED--

05 Vartugia

Robert: How wonderfully imaginative! After all, you can be a scaredy cat, but never be afraid of a pussy!
Sam: Fantastically creative! Brilliant! Yoghurt, but who cares, it was so wonderful? Give them a big round of applause!
Robert: [claps] Yeah, and they're going to be my favourite!

06 Normandy and Picardy

Robert: I mean, they're all winners today, but that's a very good song, isn't it?
Sam: Absolutely, there are no winners and losers at WorldVision! It's all about taking part, isn't it?
Robert: That chant-singing was an interesting idea, wasn't it? A fantastic little bit of creativity to try something different!
Sam: Absolutely, that was wonderful! Let's give Normandy and Picardy a big round of applause! Bottle on the softness rating, but who cares, they did wonderfully!
Robert: Normandy and Picardy, you're my favourites!

07 Estogium

--WIP--

08 Noxmore

--WIP--

09 Christarnea

--WIP--

10 Proluvia

--WIP--

11 Kishrael

Robert: How wonderfully creative to sing in a non-Latin language!
Sam: The staging was very creative and beautiful, wasn't it? We should give them a big round of applause!
Robert: Yes, it was very interesting, wasn't it?
Sam: That's also our first plum of the night, so let's give them another round of applause for plum-ness!
Robert: Yes, they're my favourites!

12 Scottish Socialists

Robert: They're on debut, aren't they?
Sam: I think so, it was a wonderful debut entry, wasn't it?
Robert: Absolutely, let's give them a huge round of applause!
Sam: The use of a hip-hop beat was... er... an inventive idea.
Robert: It was a wonderful idea to give everyone epileptic shocks too, wasn't it? Let's give them a round of applause for that idea!
Sam: Yes! How interesting and wonderful! The song was bottle on the softness rating, isn't that wonderful?
Robert: Let's give them a huge round of applause! They're my favourites!

13 Rusmailica

--WIP--

14 The Hlhata States

Robert: I believe she's from Missus X, you know! Isn't it so wonderful that Missus X have expanded and now effectively have two entries?
Sam: Absolutely, her voice was also so fantastically unique! I'd rather not hear too much, though: let's not have too much of a good thing, she was fantastic! It was plum, so congratulations on such a unique entry!
Robert: Yes, I've made up my mind: they're my favourite.

15 Antahbrantahstan

--WIP--

16 Polkopia

Robert: And here come Polkopia, serving up what reminded me of early 00s girl band realness!
Sam: Yes, we do love retro songs at MRX!
Robert: It was a wonderful concept, wasn't it?
Sam: They've clearly spent a lot on staging, haven't they? We should give them a round of applause, it's been very thought out!
Robert: Absolutely, didn't they do well?
Sam: The song was plate too, so they should have another round of applause for the first plate of the evening!
Robert: Very good! They're going to be my favourites!

17 Kalosia

--RESERVED--

Interval Act One

--RESERVED--

18 Darkmania

Robert: It was a wonderful decision to be so dark, foreboding, and dramatic!
Sam: They also went for something very serious, so... erm... props to them for that, I guess?
Robert: Come on Sam, it was fantastic! Brilliant! Ace!
Sam: Yes, it was, wasn't it? Fantastic. I seriously hope that song doesn't result in inconsequentialnesses, because it was fascinating, wasn't it?
Robert: Absolutely! How soft was it?
Sam: That was bottle!
Robert: And they're going to be my favourites!

19 Llalta

--RESERVED--

20 Adab

Robert: How wonderfully mellow!
Sam: It was so sweet and beautiful, wasn't it?
Robert: Absolutely!
Sam: Plum, so they should get a round of applause anyway! I believe in you!
Robert: And I've decided they're going to be my favourites!

21 Ceyesca

--RESERVED--

22 Gaciadia

--WIP--

23 Mister X

Robert: Ace!
Sam: Amazing!
Robert: Wonderful! Didn't he do well?
Sam: Absolutely! It's bottle, so they should have a round of applause!
Robert: And even though I'm not technically allowed, they're going to be my favourites!

24 Britonisea

--WIP--

25 Wazekia

--RESERVED--

26 Main Nation Ministry

--WIP--

27 Todlichebujoku

--WIP--

28 Lactatia

--RESERVED--

29 Saviera

--RESERVED--

30 Andalusin

Robert: It was wonderfully emotive and beautiful, wasn't it?
Sam: They're also on debut, too, aren't they? Give them a round of applause!
Robert: The length was also tugging on our heartstrings, wasn't it? It was long enough to induce tears! How... emotive.
Sam: That was a yoghurt, too, so let's give them a round of applause!
Robert: And they're going to be my favourites!

31 Mercedini

--WIP--

32 Indo States

--WIP--
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:52 am

Rick Leg - "Corn On The Cob (featuring The Conveyor Belt)"
Tune: "Duel Of The Fates" from Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Rick Leg stands front of the stage, whilst behind him two men fight, obvious to Rick, with swords. A conveyor belt lies in front of him, and everything he says moves across the conveyor belt. The camera stays on one shot, showing Rick in full-length and therefore showing the conveyor belt in full. The lighting is just... normal and incredibly nondescript.

Corn on the cob
Cola
Grilled car, Bob

The men behind do running and jumping things but Rick doesn't look at them. He stands front on, not looking behind him.

Soda
Catalogue
New truck
Chole-ah

More fighting.

Ta-da!
Samba
Best of all
Williams
Total
Xena
Panda
Oh yeah, Xena, panda, cyborg
Jesus, oh no, that's right, corn dog
Dracula
Oh no!
Backgammon!

More fighting, as a human wearing a football shirt comes across the belt.

Salah [the footballer]
Thunder
Conan
Shish kebab
Total, cereal, oh no, panda
Cyborg, Jesus, not your principal
Slow down

The men go into slow motion.

Cola
Fanta
Bowl of
Matzo balls

They fight again.

Coral
Dial
Zorro
Prisoner
He-man, Frylock, Xena, panda
Cylon, Xena, Gabrielle, Race car
Corn dog...

The music stops and Rick Leg listens to the applause, but just as he is about to walk off a man walks back onto the stage. He's very hyperactive.

"Ahhhhh! Well done! Well done! Now, then, Mr Leg, you have a chance to win everything you just saw on tonight's conveyor belt. All you have to do is to remember what you just saw! You have 30 seconds! Your time starts now!

"Erm... cuddly toy, Xena, Corn dog, corn on the cob, cola, fanta, dial, er... corn dog... kebab... erm..."

"And your time is up! Well done, Rick!"
Last edited by Missus X on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
WV32: 35th
WV33: 10th
WV34: 13th
WV35: 22nd
WV36: 34th
WV37: 16th
WV38: 23rd
WV39: 30th
WV40: 18th
WV41: 22nd
WV42: 18th
WV43: 13th
WV45: 18th
WV46: 23rd
WV47: 27th
WV48: 29th
WV49: Withdrew
WV50: 17th
WV51: 17th
WV52: 19th
WV54: 26th
WV55: 20th
WV56: 21st
WV57: 13th
WV58: 23rd
WV60: 20th
WV61: 18th
WV62: 13th
WV63: 10th
WV64: 21st
WV65: 27th
WV67: 18th
WV68: 18th

Puppet of Mister X.

These American States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby These American States » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:06 am

34. These American States

I'm Always Down
by Bradley Taylor
tune= Luke Bryan - Crash My Party

Bradley Taylor, 33, of North Point, North Carolina was the newest trending Pop-Country Singer. 'Murica Loves Country! It just so happens that the folks of the South, and indeed, throughout These American States, just can't get enough music about Women, Whiskey, Pickup trucks and the occasional Tractor.

The American Flag covers the entire backdrop as Bradley Taylor, the well groomed, but brash, country star took the stage. There is a pickup truck in the middle of the stage with Square bales of hay surrounding it. Some hay is scattered across the stage.

Acoustic guitar in hand, he gives one last glance at the other musicians before beginning the song.

..Guitar..

As the music plays, 3 scantily clad country woman come out onto the stage, dancing in lude and suggestive poses..

"America's values are my repuation
I bet she thinks i'm some dumb redneck
when heritage falls into the equation
but the sex is so good you don't care about that...."

Bradley starts smiling, and as he nears the chorus, he winks at the audience.

"Don't care bout your hair
i just want to see you naked
You're panties, i'll make 'em fall on down
when i smile at you now" :p

The girls jump in the bed of the pickup truck.
they make pelvic thrusting motions and the light is reduced to allow more shadow.

In the background, Neon Signs come to life, displaying the words "SEX ME, Sexy, Sex Me"

if you want to SEX ME, Sexy, Sex me
lets go get Chevro-Laid, baby
We can bang all night, We can rock this truck
anywhere you want im down for what
this is an "anywhere anytime kinda thing"
say the word you know i'm in
drive 100 miles or across town
anywhere you want, you know i'm always down.

The lights are reduced so the entire stage is dark except for the spotlight on Bradley Taylor. He gets really into the next few lines, going off into a seeming daze, just before the chorus begins...

Now i know right now your still thinkin about me
cause i'm right here and i'm thinkin bout you, girl ...
thinkin about you in a little less than what you wear, down there, i swear...

In the background, Neon Signs come back on, showing "SEX ME, Sexy, Sex Me"
The lights come back on, and the girls are shown on the back of the truck, shaking champagne bottles. The bottles burst, soaking the girls in white foam.

if you want to Sex me, Sexy, Sex me
in my sexy sex me Chevy baby,
this is a "Drop EVERYTHING" kinda thing
be my country queen, i'll be your country king
I'll drive anywhere, i'll go all out
anytime you want, you know i'm always down.

The lights go back down, revealing only the singer, once more.

If it's three in the morning
and your kinda horny
just know, that i feel that too, babe...

The lights stay down, as before, and the Neon Signs in the background come back on.
In the background, the truck shakes, from side to side, as the girls jump in it.
Bradley Taylor shakes his hips, really digging into the last verse.

so if you wanna
SEX ME, SEXY, Sex Me,
lets get Chevro-Laid, baby
this is an "anywhere anytime kinda thing"
say the word you know i'm in
drive 100 miles or across town
anywhere you want, you know i'm always down.

Bradley Taylor smashes his guitar into a million pieces on the stage.
"Fuck Yeah!!!! Murrrrrrica!!!!!!"
"Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh"
"America, Boobs, And Beer! Guys that's what it's all about. Goodnight!!!!
Last edited by These American States on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
President: Joe King | Vice Pres: California Jones

WorldVision 67 70 83 89 98 99 107 108 109

These American States is Puppet of Syrche

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015

Postby Darkmania » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:10 am

-Placeholder *"Kärolina Füks vs Darkmania"*-
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

These American States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby These American States » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:22 am

Anchor:
Good Evening, Folks, I'm Wallace Christ of the Faux News Corporation. Things have gotten strange, and there is no sign that things will return to normalcy anytime soon. President Don JJ Trummmp III is weighing in on WorldVision via the FakeFriends app, a social network that allows you to espouse your opinion to a group of followers.

The Presidents Girlfriend, Monica LaPinsky, has been dispatched by the White House to enforce damage control, maintaining that the president was supposed to be golfing and "must have found a spare minute to pinch one off or something, ya know?"

Meanwhile, Howard Yates, inventor of the Social Network, FakeFriends, has come out stating that he "Never intended for the platform to be used for political purposes.

Things are getting heated up over at Örkemdrem, Darkmania, where the 67th WorldVision Song Contest has just begun. The night will no doubt be filled with excitement and drama. Until then.

Faux, or No?
I'm Wallace Christ

02 Nekoni []
04 Togonistan []
Last edited by These American States on Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
President: Joe King | Vice Pres: California Jones

WorldVision 67 70 83 89 98 99 107 108 109

These American States is Puppet of Syrche

Hinenaes
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hinenaes » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:07 am

35. Hinenaes
"Can't Miss" - Pira Pira
Tune

Pira Pira appears on the stage dressed in a tight golden jump suit. She is wearing large black sunglasses and a pearl headdress. Behind her stand a row of ten backup dancers completely painted gold and in matching gold jumpsuits. The music begins and the light centers on Pira Pira. She sings the first chorus.

[Chorus]
Can’t miss the moves I make
What you all want to see
Come and move with me
We’ll kick up the speed

The light backs up and the dancers begin to move in unison behind her. As the chorus ends they all jump and parade around Pira Pira. She lifts her hands up and poses like she's going to start dancing.

[Verse 1]
Move on to the floor, don’t feel uneasy
Just let your mind relax and be free
Come shake it with me and be proud
We can be the sky and let’s make clouds

The dancers do their parade dance behind Pira Pira.

[Pre-Chorus]
Lost in the moment and feeling free
With every motion and leap
Getting into the groove, you can see the appeal!

She walks out towards the audience and begins to dance. The backup dancers follow her forward and mimic the same dance as her.

[Chorus]
What you all want to see
Come and move with me
We’ll kick up the speed
What you all want to see
Come and move with me
We’ll kick up the speed

[Post-Chorus]
Fun
Fun
Fun
Fun

She returns to the middle of the stage. Six of the back up dancers do their parade dance. The four on the ends of their row balance partner up and one stands on the others' back.

[Verse 2]
Together we have all the time
Our energy on the floor soaring
We can dance for miles and miles
So alive!

Pira Pira moves to the front on the stage again and dances.

[Pre-Chorus]
Lost in the moment and feeling free
With every motion and leap
Getting into the groove, you can see the appeal!

[Chorus]
What you all want to see
Come and move with me
We’ll kick up the speed
What you all want to see
Come and move with me
We’ll kick up the speed

[Post-Chorus]
Fun
Fun
Fun
Fun

The lights dim. One of the back up dancers goes behind Pira Pira and embraces her. They dance slowly together.

[Bridge]
Moving with you feels so nice
Come take me for a ride

The stage lights are turned up again and the backup dancer returns to the line of the others. Pira Pira dances while the backup dancers do a skipping dance around her. The return to their line and dance behind her in unison.

[Chorus]
What you all want to see
Come and move with me
We’ll kick up the speed
What you all want to see
Come and move with me
We’ll kick up the speed

[Post-Chorus]
Fun
Fun
Fun
Fun

The lights go out and then a white light comes back on Pira Pira.

"Thank you ÖRKEMDREM! Thank you WorldVision!"
Kingdom of Hinenaes
Ybarrest iy Hynant

/hɪn.ɛnˈeɪz/

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012

BITC PRESENTS: 67th WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST

Postby Britonisea » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:20 am

BITC Presents;
Live Coverage of the 67th Edition of the WorldVision Song Contest in Örkemdrem, Darkmania
Your commentators for the evening are Rigas Jengiz, who participated in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2016 and 2017, and came 2nd representing Britonisea at the 51st WorldVision Song Contest and Cole Heiman, the host for the 66th WorldVision Song Contest in Britonisea and the spokesperson for Britonisea at the 65th WorldVision Song Contest.
Broadcast started 19:55 GMT+1.

Rigas Jengiz: Hello and welcome to the 67th edition of the WorldVision Song Contest - here in Darkmania!
Cole Heiman: Yes, we are not travelling too far away to participate in what will be our 30th participation in the WorldVision Song Contest!
Rigas: It is! Britonisea's debut was at the 31st WorldVision Song Contest, 36 editions ago and it's great the nation is still part of such a magnificent affair...The WorldVision Song Contest!
Cole: This is of course the seventh time Britonisea is participating in a row, which - did you know - is the joint longest time Britonisea has participated in consecutive editions.
Rigas: So the nation is set to withdraw from the contest very soon then haha!
Cole: It looks that way, Rigas. Nations from across the region and across the multiverse will congress tonight in Darkmania, and battle for the WorldVision trophy.
Rigas: And with Britonisea having hosted and finishing in the top 2, Britonisea is definitely doing themselves good very lately. We think that our representative, Alyxhia Willis can keep it up for the nation. She is performing in 24th.
Cole: I think she can too. Let's go in to Dëritee Ärenä to witness what should be a fantastic WorldVision Song Contest.

00. Opening Act

-nothing here-

Rigas: The first act of the evening...Izmedu! Let's see what they have for us here.

01. Izmedu

Cole: This sounds like a song Izmedu would send...when they place in the top 10, but not in the top 3. I mean, who knows? It could be in the top 3.
Rigas: I am going to put it out there, it's not my favourite song...that's for sure. I think that bridge section isn't good at all.
Cole: I agree with you there. I think it sounds like a bit of a mess, if you ask me. Perhaps the voters will disagree with me.
Rigas: They probably would - after all, it's izmedu.
Cole: If you think that Izmedu should win the 67th WorldVision Song Contest, call 0123 4567 8901.
Rigas: Next up is Nekoni!

02. Nekoni

Rigas: Well, this is a rather emphatic song, isn't it? It's very heavy for me - and we both know that I am not really into heavy songs.
Cole: I think this song is quite similar to Izmedu's song, in all honesty. This, like Izmedu wasn't for you, isn't my cup of tea.
Rigas: However, Nekoni do send some good entries, coming in the top 10 frequently, so perhaps they will enter the top 10 again.
Cole: Also, that key change. I am not really a big fan of clichéd key changes. I think key changes should be a little less obvious, otherwise it's cheesy!
Rigas: If you disagree with us and think Nekoni's song is fantastic, just call 0123 4567 8902.
Cole: Don't vote for your favourite act until after the show! Right, we are now going on to the third nation...Axuva!
Rigas: It's the infamous Michaela Eizano; she better have a good song!

03. Axuva

Cole: I think out of the three songs that we have listened to so far, this is the best of them. This song is pretty intergalactic.
Rigas: Let me read the lyrics; "You’re just a great mistake and you’re a heartbreaker" - I really hope these lyrics won't relate to Jakob haha!
Cole: Let's hope. The staging of the song could have been much better - this song has a lot of potential and then the staging brings it down a bit.
Rigas: I can see where you're coming from, yeah. Well, if you liked the song from Axuva, you're welcome to vote for them.
Cole: The number is 0123 4567 8903 - but wait until all the acts have performed until you cast your vote.

04. Togonistan

Rigas: No offence, but I have absolutely no idea what has happened to Togonistan in recent editions. I think they've placed 15th, 17th and 17th, which is quite far away from the 3rd place they received at the 64th WorldVision Song Contest.
Cole: I am not sure this song will help them out of their recent dip of success. I rather liked entries that they have sent but they didn't do too well. Gosh, I am just not sure about this one!
Rigas: This song is just not doing it for me, unfortunately. The songs we've heard so far, apart from maybe one, aren't songs I've liked.
Cole: Nevertheless, Britons might get behind their Togonistanian friends and vote. Maybe not. We will have to see.
Rigas: If you liked the entry from Togonistan, please call 0123 4567 8904. It's now time for song number five from Vartugia!

05. Vartugia

Cole: To be honest, this is probably on of the best entries that Vartugia has ever sent! Oh my lord, those kittens are so cute - I could just cuddle one!
Rigas: Yeah but there's no place for this at the WorldVision Song Contest.
Cole: You're right. But if you at home found the kittens cute, call 0123 4567 8905.
Rigas: Next to vote is the wonderful Normandy and Picardy.
Cole: New broadcaster...let's see if they improve on their results.

06. Normandy and Picardy

Rigas: Well, of course this sounds like Normandy and Picardy. This sort of entry IS NORMANDY AND PICARDY!
Cole: But the question on the table is whether they are going to do well or not - also, do you like the entry? You sound pretty enthusiastic about it.
Rigas: Yeah, again, this is not really my cup of tea if I'm honest. Like, the song is little bop, I swayed from side to side and took the mick a bit, but it's not for me.
Cole: I think this edition is quite a relaxed one so far, I'm not sure how to feel about being in Darkmania right now. Maybe everyone had an edition off?
Rigas: If you liked the entry from Normandy and Picardy, I would recommend you call 0123 4567 8906!
Cole: Next up to perform in the one and only Jakob Fletcher who has been caught up in his own media storm.
Rigas: Can the Jigalow Estoge sing? Let's find out now.

07. Estogium

Cole: Well, in my opinion...if you ask me...this is the best song of the competition so far. I don't really think there's that much competition.
Rigas: It definitely panders to the younger audience of the contest. You know, Estogium has done this formula already and came 6th with it - a young lad with a guitar.
Cole: They also sent Karjohan Katejan, and he came 5th - didn't he?
Rigas: Indeed he did. WorldVision Song Contest 51 was a great contest. Anyway, Estogium know what they are doing by sending this dashing young fellow. I think he will do very well in the final standings.
Cole: The guitar solo is the best part of the whole song, though!
Rigas: I concur. If you liked the entry from Estogium, I would suggest you call 0123 4567 8907.
Cole: We have a debuting nation coming up - let's see how they do!

08. Noxmore

09. Christarnea

10. Proluvia
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004

Postby Krytenia » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:03 pm

OOC note: Morton's words in blue, Russell's in red, sung by both in green.

36. Krytenia
"Three Little Words" - Stephen Morton and Dinah Russell
Tune

A strip of video screens show a female shadow being chased by two male figures. A gunshot is heard, with a bright flash of light illuminating the arena for the merest fraction of a second. Fade to complete darkness as a thud is heard, before a single stark white spotlight lights to a man (Morton) standing by a hospital bed, clothes dishevelled where a woman (Russell) lies, motionless.

Darling, what did they do?
Why is it I have to say goodbye to you?
I'm standing here, you slipped away
And there were three little words I did not say...

The stage lights up red for the start of the chorus, the red glow slowly shrinking to the size of the original spotlight as Morton sings and walks away from the bed, looking emotionally torn to shreds.

Why did you have to go?
I cannot comprehend thet you're not here
I give my life to you, won't give you up
I wish that we could start this life anew
So I can say “I Love You”

As the violins rise for the second verse, Morton stops in place and an etherial blue spotlight shines on Russell, who is now standing next to the bed wearing a pristine white gown. As she sings, she walks towards the frozen Morton.

Darling, please don't cry for me
I will always be here, oh I hope you see
Deep in your heart, I'm there for you,
I will hear three little words I always knew

Russell gently caresses Morton's face and arms as she sings the second chorus.

I didn't want to go
There'll always be a part of me in you
I gave my life for you, I built you up
And when you say goodbye, remember me
Because I know you love me

Russell freezes in place as she finishes singing. Morton runs off stage as the middle eight begins and Russell sings the refrain.

Oh... oh...
No... oh...

Morton returns stage left, now dressed all in pristine white. Both singers are now bathed in ethereal blue spotlights.

Don't go!
I couldn't let them take your love from me
We have eternity, so raise me up

As they sing "We have eternity, so raise me up", the two embrace and begin to rise from the stage. The stage lights up in gold as a blue sky backdrop appears on the videowall.

I took the only road to be with you...
Because I'll always love you

Morton and Russell, now fifteen feet off the ground, take their bows as the song ends.

"Thank you Örkemdrem! Goodnight!"
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

SquareDisc City
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2004

Postby SquareDisc City » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:11 pm

Pokemon Television are one of the broadcasters who don't use advertising, so between each song their coverage has had the short scenes from the competing countries. From the United Pokemon Types, the scene is of the foot, car, and high-speed monorail traffic on one of Zealandia's major routes. As the brief scene plays, the voice of the co-host of Pokemon Television's coverage, Terry Shelgon, is heard.

Terry: And next up is our own entry. Simply staged this one, just Steffan and Celia by themselves. The song is to the traditional Great Canyon melody and it's titled "Strawberry Creams". I always liked the biscuits, let's hope the world likes the song.

The camera goes to the stadium view as the music begins. As Terry said, the staging is minimalistic, just the Jolteon (Steffan) standing on the central area stage right, with the Glaceon (Celia) on a 5-foot high square black column to Steffan's left. The lighting is neutral and fairly subdued, it might be called atmospheric.

After the introductory percussion, Steffan has the first verse, singing in his baritone register, looking out into the audience. It's a slow song and Steffan sounds, perhaps fittingly, a little tired as he sings.

I've got a,
Deadline to meet,
Tasks that my boss,
Expects to be complete.
You texted,
I must decline,
Work, eat, and sleep,
Taking up all my time.

At 0:36 Celia turns to face Steffan and takes over with the first chorus, harmonising with the flute.

Do you remember
When we went to school?
Do you remember
Back when we were small?
Do you remember
The corner shop, the treats
Custard or orange,
Or strawberry creams?

She continues with the verse, dropping an octave.

You never,
Holiday,
You only think,
About getting your pay.
Why can't you,
Live life brighter?
Don't be defined,
Just by your job title.

The final chorus at 1:34 is back to Steffan, who at last turns to look up at his partner.

Yes I remember
Those evenings after school.
Yes I remember
You and I were small.
Yes I remember,
The corner shop, the treats
Your favourite was
The strawberry creams.

After 2 minutes of singing, the outro is purely instrumental. As it fades, the pillar Celia stands on descends as she sends up an Icy Wind, the fine crystals hanging in the air surrounding the stage. Steffan follows up with a Flash, and the light is scattered into a kaleidoscope of colours all across the arena by the ice crystals. As the snow settles, the two Pokemon hold their paws together and take a bow.
Last edited by SquareDisc City on Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
FT: The Confederation of the United Pokemon Types, led by Regent Mew.
Nuclear pulse propulsion is best propulsion.

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:02 pm

-Placeholder-

NO MORE ENTRIES BELOW THIS!
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:35 pm

-Placeholder. INTERNAL ACT-

^^^^^^

Post your votes below this line.
Last edited by Darkmania on Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Scottish Socialists
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 27, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Scottish Socialists » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:25 pm

As the contest comes to a close, and voting begins, a voice comes on.

''Well, this contest has finally come to a close. But not yet! Vote on your phones! Who will win our votes? Who will win the contest! Find out, after the break!

Ceyesca!

Kisharel!

Normandy and Picardy!

Polkopia!

Main Nation Ministry!

Christarnea!

Todlichebujoku!

Darkmenia!

'And now, we get onto the best ones. The ones that earned the most points. And they are...'

Mister X!

'This is it. The last one. The 12-pointer. Who are they? What did they sing? Let's find out, right now.'

Britonisea!

'Well, that's it from us tonight, find out tomorrow to see who has won!'
Last edited by Scottish Socialists on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
☭ People's Republic of Scotland ☭
"I detest the Tories and everything they stand for." - Nicola Sturgeon
MON THE RANGERS!

“Did I miss the train or did the train miss me?” - Gary Brannan

Click here for advice.

Pro: The EU, The SNP, Independent Kurdistan, Scottish Nationalism, Social Democracy, Rangers F.C
Anti: British nationalism, Brexit, the UK, Conservatives, the Labour Party, Putin, Celtic F.C, Liz Truss
iSideWith results | 8values Results

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:00 pm

Ey up! Here, have some points

12pts - Izmedu
10pts - Adab
8pts - Missus X
7pts - Krytenia
6pts- Darkmania
5pts - Proluvia
4pts - Christarnea
3pts - Wazekia
2pts - Britonisea
1pt - Estogium
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

The Hlhata States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hlhata States » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:08 pm

That was awful

1 - Izmedu
2 - Togonistan
3 - Proluvia
4 - Main Nation Minustry
5 - Llalta
6 - These American States
7 - Lactatia
8 - Vartugia
10 - Missus X
12 - Square Disc City
puppet of llalta ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ
    67 = 25/31
    78 = 28/29
    79 = 21/23
    80 = 26/26
    81 = 33/34
    100 = 27/51
    101 = 17/32
    41 = 17/20
    42 = 19/20
    53 = 19/33
    5 = 13/15

SquareDisc City
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2004

Postby SquareDisc City » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Terry Shelgon continues to provide the voiceover for Pokemon Television's coverage of the contest.

Terry: And 12 points for us from Hlhata States! BoltBeam has gone down well somewhere at least. And now it's our own results.

The figure of Alicia Mankey appears on the screen. Behind her is a scene of steel frameworks from ground to sky, houses and smaller towers perched atop plates on level above level as glass-walled elevators rapidly climb and descend the uprights. The lighting looks like a natural daytime, but in truth it is all artificial. It could only be one place in Zealandia: the techno-city of Yellow.

The lower points appear on screen as Alicia introduces herself.

Alicia: Hello Örkemdrem! Did I pronounce that right? It's been a fantastic evening.

6 Proluvia
5 Normandy & Picardy
4 Mister X
3 Missus X
2 Andalusin
1 Vartugia

On the commentary on Pokemon Television, Terry's voice cuts in.

Terry: A point for the cats and kittens! I can't say I'm surprised, just disappointed.

Alicia: Our eight points goes to Darkmania.

Alicia: Our ten points, to ... Wazekia!

Alicia: And twelve points, from the United Pokemon Types, go to ... TOGONISTAN! Takahi ah!

Terry: A well-deserved 12 points there I think. And I wonder if the high number of votes for Darkmania was in response to our own political problems.
Last edited by SquareDisc City on Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FT: The Confederation of the United Pokemon Types, led by Regent Mew.
Nuclear pulse propulsion is best propulsion.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates