NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kuwi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuwi » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:01 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Kuwi wrote:
Legallity can be changed though, and biology can not.
I say if our society has the artificial idea of human rights that should atleast be consistent to all innocent members of our species...or to a lesser extent the innocent citizens of a nation.

"The biological dispositions of fetuses are irrelevant. There is more utility derived from permitting abortion than barring it. In the balance of rights, the rights of an extant, present person trump those of an uncertain potential."

Rights of the present person to do what?
Kill their child they had because their stupid condom broke so they can be a flashy cheesy role model In whatever field they think has too many men existing in it?
Mothers and Fathers need to learn to be responsible and know when they have sex that birth control methods are not fool proof.

Kuwi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuwi » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:01 pm

Harthis wrote:I am 100% behind this proposal. Abortion must be stopped.

Except when the fetus is already dead or dying right?

United New England
Attaché

Founded: May 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby United New England » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:47 pm

Kuwi wrote:
"The biological dispositions of fetuses are irrelevant. There is more utility derived from permitting abortion than barring it. In the balance of rights, the rights of an extant, present person trump those of an uncertain potential."

Kill their child they had because their stupid condom broke so they can be a flashy cheesy role model In whatever field they think has too many men existing in it?
Mothers and Fathers need to learn to be responsible and know when they have sex that birth control methods are not fool proof.

I think Separatist Peoples is talking about a fetus that’s a part of a woman’s body, not a child that the woman has already had.

Thinking that qualified women should be represented in a field of work does not automatically entail also thinking that qualified men should not be represented in that same field. After all, the process of women entering the workforce has not caused the vast majority of men to be ejected from it.

I agree with your comment on responsibility.
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont...plus bonus interstellar space travel!

A brief introduction to United New England

More information

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:33 pm

Kuwi wrote:

“Whether you like it or not, getting an abortion IS taking responsibility. You’ve less than no right to judge a woman’s situation for seeking such services, and your judgemental little quip demonstrates this most unambiguously.

“These repeal efforts are a seasonal affair, and have been for many a year. The law still stands, and those who disagree with it will just have to be creative in their observation of the law. Honestly, a little innovation might do your collective sticks in the mud a bit of good. Achieve your objective WITHOUT being moralistic dingbats about it? Shock and surprise.”
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:35 pm

Kuwi wrote:
"Perhaps biologically. Legally, they are distinct."

Legallity can be changed though, and biology can not.
I say if our society has the artificial idea of human rights that should atleast be consistent to all innocent members of our species...or to a lesser extent the innocent citizens of a nation.

“Have any of the WA laws defined ‘innocence’ for us?”

Edited to add: DAMMIT I FORGOT TO SWITCH TO MY ACTUAL WA NATION... oh well, just pretend I’m The Unfounded with the flag of the Witch King of Angmar making a :3
Last edited by Godular on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

The Unfounded
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Unfounded » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:46 pm

Kuwi wrote:
The Unfounded wrote:
“Denying women control over their own bodies strikes me as the greater ‘evil’. If you dislike the idea, there are ways to encourage live births that do not involve altering existing WA legislation. You are in point of fact specifically encouraged to do so.

“The law is fine. The problem’s with you.”

What about the baby’s right to it’s body? It didn’t decide to show up, it can’t help it.

There, switched over. Apologies for my responses being out of order.

“It isn’t violating the rights of the ‘baby’, even if we treat it as a person, if we utilize necessary force to remove it from another person’s property and prevent it from further harming another person. Rest assured, even a simple violation of personal space—if not consented to— is sufficient to warrant a defensive response.

“If I let you shake my hand and you refuse to let go after propriety is satisfied, a broken hand will be the best of the possible outcomes. That being said, focus on the draft, not your fuzzy kitten fetus visions. We’ve only been yelling at y’all over this for the last ten minutes.”
Godulan Puppet 1
The Servants of the True Way of the Will: A multi-galactic anti-technology crusade that plies the stars in vessels shaped with the power of their own minds. To give up your material devices and trinkets is to learn how to access the true power that all can wield.

A 1.09 civilization, according to this Nation Index Thingie
All NS stats are non-canon with this nation.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:10 am

IC: "While abortions are very rare in Araraukar, thanks to extensive sexual education, free pregnancy prevention items being distributed without asking for age of the person involved, family planning being a requirement, and parental licence - in which the applicant or applicants must demonstrate their ability to take care of a baby and a child, pass a childcare and child psychology courses, as well as prove that they have a good home and stable family situation to offer - being the requirement on being allowed to keep the child after giving birth to it, but also having made adopting out a child you've given birth to, easy for everyone involved - as long as parental licences have been acquired - as well as extensive welfare support for anyone with a legally obtained baby... Even with all of this taken into account, our grand nation would not entertain the thought of removing the international protection of the right to have abortions from all individuals in existence. It is as much an invasion of privacy as would incarceration for the rest of your life be, when you've done nothing wrong and are completely sane and safe to yourself and others."

OOC: Still no support. Fetus's rights do not trump mother's rights.
Last edited by Araraukar on Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:29 am

Kuwi wrote:

"Sure, if they want. Another model is infinitely more useful to society than an unwanted child and an unwilling parent. Unwilling parents are poor parents, and unwanted children statistically become a drain on the state. Society is benefitted in the short and long run by permitting abortion. You don't like it, then dont get one."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Uan aa Boa
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Uan aa Boa » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:10 am

Ladies and gentlemen, the delegation tabling this proposal were very clear in their request that this not be used as a forum for discussing the ethics of abortion. We should instead concentrate here on the workings of the legislation being proposed.

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:18 am

Uan aa Boa wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, the delegation tabling this proposal were very clear in their request that this not be used as a forum for discussing the ethics of abortion. We should instead concentrate here on the workings of the legislation being proposed.

Thank you.

The Unfounded
Spokesperson

Postby The Unfounded » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:39 am

Whilst reading the draft and through the law it is meant to repeal, Alexis’ eyebrows quirk up.

“Hey, where does 286 say anything about requiring parental consent? Am I missing something here?”

edited:

“Wait, yeah I missed it. Erm, I actually think 286 addresses that concern itself. I don’t really see a conflict in that scenario. It is good that you mentioned the relevant legal reference. It was covered up by the FOURTH DAMN ON ABORTION REPEAL TO BE HANDED OUT IN THE PAST HOUR... could somebody please tell the representatives from New Gerji to draft their shit before they throw it at the wall?”
Last edited by The Unfounded on Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Godulan Puppet 1
The Servants of the True Way of the Will: A multi-galactic anti-technology crusade that plies the stars in vessels shaped with the power of their own minds. To give up your material devices and trinkets is to learn how to access the true power that all can wield.

Kuwi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuwi » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:58 am

United New England wrote:
Kuwi wrote:

I think Separatist Peoples is talking about a fetus that’s a part of a woman’s body, not a child that the woman has already had.

Thinking that qualified women should be represented in a field of work does not automatically entail also thinking that qualified men should not be represented in that same field. After all, the process of women entering the workforce has not caused the vast majority of men to be ejected from it.

The fetus is not part of the woman’s body, it’s inside it but not part of it.

Kuwi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuwi » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:00 am

Kuwi wrote:

"Sure, if they want. Another model is infinitely more useful to society than an unwanted child and an unwilling parent. Unwilling parents are poor parents, and unwanted children statistically become a drain on the state. Society is benefitted in the short and long run by permitting abortion. You don't like it, then dont get one."

Actually it just helps lower the birth rate making the country more dependent on immigration and automation. And it’s not a drain on the state if you don’t have a welfare system in the first place.

Kuwi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuwi » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:01 am

Araraukar wrote:IC: "While abortions are very rare in Araraukar, thanks to extensive sexual education, free pregnancy prevention items being distributed without asking for age of the person involved, family planning being a requirement, and parental licence - in which the applicant or applicants must demonstrate their ability to take care of a baby and a child, pass a childcare and child psychology courses, as well as prove that they have a good home and stable family situation to offer - being the requirement on being allowed to keep the child after giving birth to it, but also having made adopting out a child you've given birth to, easy for everyone involved - as long as parental licences have been acquired - as well as extensive welfare support for anyone with a legally obtained baby... Even with all of this taken into account, our grand nation would not entertain the thought of removing the international protection of the right to have abortions from all individuals in existence. It is as much an invasion of privacy as would incarceration for the rest of your life be, when you've done nothing wrong and are completely sane and safe to yourself and others."

OOC: Still no support. Fetus's rights do not trump mother's rights.

They don’t but they should

Hessere
Attaché

Founded: Oct 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hessere » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:06 am

"...Votes are votes, I suppose."
Kuwi wrote:The fetus is not part of the woman’s body, it’s inside it but not part of it.

Kuwi wrote:Actually it just helps lower the birth rate making the country more dependent on immigration and automation. And it’s not a drain on the state if you don’t have a welfare system in the first place.

Kuwi wrote:They don’t but they should

OOC: You do know you can quote several posts in one, right?
Last edited by Hessere on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I bet you'll love NS gameplay.
Moral Defending is DISGUSTANG
Semi-active SC Forums ranter
You should watch me come to terms with myself at the eventual heat death of the universe

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:49 am

Kuwi wrote:

Actually it just helps lower the birth rate making the country more dependent on immigration and automation. And it’s not a drain on the state if you don’t have a welfare system in the first place.

"You are required to have a system that meets minimal welfare requirements in the WA. Material basics of healthcare and access to sanitation. I imagine basics for food and water as well, though I'd have to research to be sure. Further, your argument assumes that people who choose to have abortions will never have children at a later time, or that enough people will make that choice. Neither is a necessary proposition in the logical equation, and therefore your argument collapses.

"And you still haven't noted why we should bother accepting input from a nation that won't comply anyway? If you won't comply with WA mandates, then why should we compromise with you?"

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

United New England
Attaché

Founded: May 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby United New England » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:00 am

Kuwi wrote:

Merriam-Webster’s first definition of “inside” is “an interior or internal part or place : the part within”.
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont...plus bonus interstellar space travel!

A brief introduction to United New England

More information

Kuwi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuwi » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:39 am

Kuwi wrote:

Merriam-Webster’s first definition of “inside” is “an interior or internal part or place : the part within”.

An what are the other definitions?

Kuwi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuwi » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:43 am

Kuwi wrote:

"You are required to have a system that meets minimal welfare requirements in the WA. Material basics of healthcare and access to sanitation. I imagine basics for food and water as well, though I'd have to research to be sure. Further, your argument assumes that people who choose to have abortions will never have children at a later time, or that enough people will make that choice. Neither is a necessary proposition in the logical equation, and therefore your argument collapses.

"And you still haven't noted why we should bother accepting input from a nation that won't comply anyway? If you won't comply with WA mandates, then why should we compromise with you?"

Could you show me what that resolution is?

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:45 am

This...this is why I left the WA, I like my Salted nukes, Child Soldiers, state run Drug ring, and near total control of my populace.
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

Harthis
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Harthis » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:45 am

Kuwi wrote:

Except when the fetus is already dead or dying right?

Of course.

Kuwi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuwi » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:50 am

Parcia wrote:This...this is why I left the WA, I like my Salted nukes, Child Soldiers, state run Drug ring, and near total control of my populace.

It’s why I Chose the smallest and least important of my nations to join WA
Borinsa and Guilaza are FREE

The Unfounded
Spokesperson

Postby The Unfounded » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:33 am

Kuwi wrote:
Parcia wrote:This...this is why I left the WA, I like my Salted nukes, Child Soldiers, state run Drug ring, and near total control of my populace.

Voluntarily entered a multinational organization that can be entered and left at any time for any reason or no reason at all; claims the nation doing so does not possess the same level of freedom as their other nations.

The cognitive dissonance is quite apropos. It would be nice to refrain from OOC chatter in an RP thread, though. And yes this is an RP thread.
Godulan Puppet 1

Kuwi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuwi » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:35 am

The Unfounded wrote:
Kuwi wrote:

Voluntarily entered a multinational organization that can be entered and left at any time for any reason or no reason at all; claims the nation doing so does not possess the same level of freedom as their other nations.

The cognitive dissonance is quite apropos. It would be nice to refrain from OOC chatter in an RP thread, though. And yes this is an RP thread.

Sorry,
Kuwi isn’t up to WA code merely because it just joined and hasn’t applied it all yet

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:19 pm

Kuwi wrote:
The Unfounded wrote:

Sorry,
Kuwi isn’t up to WA code merely because it just joined and hasn’t applied it all yet

OOC: Then you're crowing about nothing.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly