NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:46 pm

Wow, fun day! But I need sleep so I'm heading off. Night everyone! :)

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:56 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Wow, fun day! But I need sleep so I'm heading off. Night everyone! :)

I'm going to be off zip-lining tomorrow. Brainy, if you have the time, you can have some cops go to the aftermath of the Yermo Industries incident and attempt to figure out what happened, though I will mostly not on tomorrow.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:04 am

I have an idea for a character. I'd call him either Surge, or The Electrician. I'm debating which name sounds cooler. Essentially, he would be a human electromagnet and generator.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:12 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Wow, fun day! But I need sleep so I'm heading off. Night everyone! :)

I'm going to be off zip-lining tomorrow. Brainy, if you have the time, you can have some cops go to the aftermath of the Yermo Industries incident and attempt to figure out what happened, though I will mostly not on tomorrow.

Ooohh...zip-lining, fun! :D Okay, will do but I'm pretty wiped out, writing-wise, from yesterday so probably won't get to it until Tuesday. :)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:16 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:I have an idea for a character. I'd call him either Surge, or The Electrician. I'm debating which name sounds cooler. Essentially, he would be a human electromagnet and generator.

I like it! He could go up against Kapa! :D Personally, I think both names are cool, Surge in a standard superhero-kinda way and The Electrician in a blue-collar hero-sorta way. Oh, is he an actual electrician? Like, could I call him to take a look at my home wiring? That would be so awesome! :lol:

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:09 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:I have an idea for a character. I'd call him either Surge, or The Electrician. I'm debating which name sounds cooler. Essentially, he would be a human electromagnet and generator.

I like it! He could go up against Kapa! :D Personally, I think both names are cool, Surge in a standard superhero-kinda way and The Electrician in a blue-collar hero-sorta way. Oh, is he an actual electrician? Like, could I call him to take a look at my home wiring? That would be so awesome! :lol:

Yes, I'm thinking if I called him The Electrician, he'd be an actual electrician, who just happened to have superpowers.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:17 pm

So i wait till haedros posts for bane for me to start the thing right

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:35 pm

Skarten wrote:So i wait till haedros posts for bane for me to start the thing right

Yes, that's the plan for now. :)

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:48 pm

I’m waiting on Brainy so I can unleash an epic post

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Whalestron wrote:I’m waiting on Brainy so I can unleash an epic post

Okay, I wasn't planning to...but I really want to read this epic post, so posted! :p

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Dual dilemma for the Ducroix :twisted:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Whalestron wrote:Dual dilemma for the Ducroix :twisted:

Superheroes don't need to go to the bathroom!!! Does Batman say "I need to go to the bathroom" when Penguin has him tied up?!! :lol:

I might....I might get a post up tonight but no guarantees. :p

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:19 pm

I autohit a lot, but Dick just got OOFED hard
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:22 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:I autohit a lot, but Dick just got OOFED hard

Oh no, not his arm! Kitrina needs that! For... uh, extra curricular activities later on ;)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:27 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:I autohit a lot, but Dick just got OOFED hard

Bane just punched Dick out of the park, hahahaha!!! :rofl:

The Mank
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mank » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:33 pm

Hero APP: (Delete Everything in Parentheses including this)
Name/Alias: Batwoman/Katharine “Kate/Kathy” Kane
Appearance:

Personality: Tough, Righteous, Caring, Social
Faction: Disciples of Batman
Race: Human
Backstory:
Katharine Kane was a young military school student. Being the daughter of a distinguished five star general, Kate had a lot to live up to, but she was soon found to be even more talented than her father. However, she was kicked out of West Point when she revealed herself to be a lesbian. Moving back to Gotham City, Kate took a job as a software engineer, putting her computer skills to good use. One day she was threatened by a mugger, and she used her military training to rid herself of the threat. She had defeated the armed criminal by the time Batman arrived. Inspired by her experience with the caped crusader, Kate starts to fight crime by stealing military armor and weapnry from her father’s army base. When confronted by him, Kate agrees to take his help in becoming a vigilante. She goes on a two year trip to train extensively with his military friends, and returns to find that her dad has created a Batsuit for her using military armor, along with lots of technology and weaponry based on Batman’s known arsenal. Kate hit the streets as Batwoman, usually preferring to fight alone but eventually joining the Batfamily in their adventures. But Kate soon had an ugly argument with Bruce over his responsibility; namely about him letting young children fight crime as his Robins. She soon left Gotham in anger when Bruce wouldn’t listen to her, working for the Disciples to fight mafia drug and illegal weapon trades in cities like Metropolis.

She has recently returned to Gotham after learning of the city’s crackdown on heroes. She wishes to influence her longtime girlfriend and GCPD cop Maggie Sawyer to ease the stranglehold on masked heroes.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
- Extremely skilled in martial arts and military style fighting
- Uses standard Bat technology: Batarangs, Batgrenades, Grapnels, etc.
- Owns her own Batmobile
Weaknesses: She’s very close to her loved ones, and her heroic lifestyle often means that she can’t protect her friends and family as well as she would like to, which can lead to villains taking her family hostage and using them against her.
Skills: Very skilled hacker.
RP Examples:
Extra Information
Day Job: Software engineer and occasionally a hacker for Wikileaks
Living Place: Small apartment in Burnley.
Voice Actor: Scarlet Johannson
Likes/Dislikes: Likes doing the right thing. Dislikes narcissism and carelessness
Theme Song: None
Did you read the rules? Yes

Since Damian is still comatose, I’d like to RP as a different heavy hitter,

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:20 pm

I didn't even get a chance...
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Sterkistan wrote:I didn't even get a chance...

Hey, it's Bane so don't feel too bad. :)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Run him over, Carrie, run him over! :lol: Awesome post. Marx! :D And awesome post too, Haedros! :D That speech Bane gave was incredible!

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:38 pm

The Mank wrote:
Appearance:
Backstory:
Katharine Kane was a young military school student. Being the daughter of a distinguished five star general, Kate had a lot to live up to, but she was soon found to be even more talented than her father. However, she was kicked out of West Point when she revealed herself to be a lesbian. Moving back to Gotham City, Kate took a job as a software engineer, putting her computer skills to good use. One day she was threatened by a mugger, and she used her military training to rid herself of the threat. She had defeated the armed criminal by the time Batman arrived. Inspired by her experience with the caped crusader, Kate starts to fight crime by stealing military armor and weapnry from her father’s army base. When confronted by him, Kate agrees to take his help in becoming a vigilante. She goes on a two year trip to train extensively with his military friends, and returns to find that her dad has created a Batsuit for her using military armor, along with lots of technology and weaponry based on Batman’s known arsenal. Kate hit the streets as Batwoman, usually preferring to fight alone but eventually joining the Batfamily in their adventures. But Kate soon had an ugly argument with Bruce over his responsibility; namely about him letting young children fight crime as his Robins. She soon left Gotham in anger when Bruce wouldn’t listen to her, working for the Disciples to fight mafia drug and illegal weapon trades in cities like Metropolis.

She has recently returned to Gotham after learning of the city’s crackdown on heroes. She wishes to influence her longtime girlfriend and GCPD cop Maggie Sawyer to ease the stranglehold on masked heroes.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
- Owns her own Batmobile
Weaknesses: She’s very close to her loved ones, and her heroic lifestyle often means that she can’t protect her friends and family as well as she would like to, which can lead to villains taking her family hostage and using them against her.
RP Examples:
Extra Information
Likes/Dislikes: Likes doing the right thing. Dislikes narcissism and carelessness

Okay, her weakness is her family and friends, I'll accept that. So, Maggie can be used as a hostage, I'm sure Fronk will be thrilled with that. :p APPROVED! WE HAVE A BATWOMAN, YESSSSS!!! :D

Question- Does Maggie know that Kate is Batwoman? I think she should because that would mean that they would have to be careful about their relationship because I'm sure the GCPD frowns upon their officers dating masked vigilantes. At least, K&M would be concerned about keeping their feelings hidden in any interaction between Batwoman and the police. It would be doubly concerning now that vigilantes are outlawed and Maggie is Head of Homicide.

And oh, welcome back, Mank! :D We missed you!
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Whalestron wrote:Dual dilemma for the Ducroix :twisted:

How's that working out for Layla now? :p
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:45 pm

I'm back, so I'm going to be mostly available tomorrow, however I will stay up late tonight.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:I'm back, so I'm going to be mostly available tomorrow, however I will stay up late tonight.

Hope you had fun zip-lining! I will have a Yerno post for you tomorrow, Main. :)

The Mank
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mank » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:52 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
The Mank wrote:
Appearance:
Backstory:

Powers/Weapons/Tech:
- Owns her own Batmobile
RP Examples:
Extra Information

Okay, her weakness is her family and friends, I'll accept that. So, Maggie can be used as a hostage, I'm sure Fronk will be thrilled with that. :p APPROVED! WE HAVE A BATWOMAN, YESSSSS!!! :D

Question- Does Maggie know that Kate is Batwoman? I think she should because that would mean that they would have to be careful about their relationship because I'm sure the GCPD frowns upon their officers dating masked vigilantes. At least, K&M would be concerned about keeping their feelings hidden in any interaction between Batwoman and the police. It would be doubly concerning now that vigilantes are outlawed and Maggie is Head of Homicide.

Yes, I’m assuming that Maggie knows about Kate’s vigilantism. Unless Fronket has an issue about that, that’s how their relationship should be treated.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:57 pm

Also, Mank, what other family does Batwoman have? In canon, she has her dad and that's about it. Her mom and sister were killed by terrorists and it was only recently discovered that her sister was still alive and like the head of The Many Faces of Death. Is that the case here?

Edit- Also, it's a little hard to kidnap a five-star general, just sayin'. :p
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse