NATION

PASSWORD

Saigon Summit (Invite Only, IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Saigon Summit (Invite Only, IC)

Postby New Metropolitan France » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:21 am

Saigon, French Indochinese Federation

The invitations had been sent, the flags of the world's states were on proud display, and the conference room was ready. A small army of diplomatic staff, security personnel, and hospitality workers had been mobilized to ensure all requirements were accommodated across the city - while the French Confederation had reserved all of the rooms in four major hotels in the Indochinese capitol for their guests, foreign representatives were welcome to stay anywhere in Saigon during their visit. Prime Minister Bernard Lamar was head of the Sixth Republic delegation, but he was not alone; the leaders of each of the three Indochinese states were at his side. The President, busy overseeing the Nigerian campaign and denying rumors of a party revolt, would remain in Paris and so not be present. Despite this however, Lamar hoped that the event would be a success.

Success in this case being that the South Americans and Romans don't end up in a brawl within five minutes or so, if they even show up.

The Prime Minister allowed himself a brief smirk at the thought, before he was interrupted by an aide - the first of their guests had arrived.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:30 am

President Castillo of the Bolivarian Republic of Puertollano would soon arrive to the conference, with a friend. Accompanying the President was the interim leader of the Federation of Nativist Islands, Danilo Medina.
Last edited by Puertollano on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

The Underground Movement Union
Senator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:42 am

Foreign Minister Constantinus had arrived in the room in which the meeting was held. "Good day Castillo, Medina, Lamar." He stated, before taking a seat. His voice was very monotone. "My apologies that Stones and Wilford could not make it; Stones is currently visiting Europeans and Wilford is being cryptic as always." He said that last bit jokingly.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:47 am

"Have you all met Medina before? If you weren't aware he's the new President of the Federation of Nativist Islands," Castillo said.

With that introduction, Medina would go around to shake the delegates hands from the NAF and France.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

The Underground Movement Union
Senator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:49 am

Constantinus would accept his handshake, "Pleasure, Medina."

Arecla
Attaché

Founded: Nov 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arecla » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:53 am

The FSR delegation was the next to arrive at the conference. The team of three included Foreign Minister Raul Paulo, Andean head of state Viviana Sanarov, and senior diplomat Luciano Rubio. The delegation introduced themselves to the others in the conference, including with President Medina. Sanarov herself shook Medina's hand and personally introduced herself to him. After that, the FSR diplomatic team took a seat at the conference room.
Last edited by Arecla on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:53 am

Castillo then approached the French delegation alone, without Medina.

"You wouldn't believe how many questions I have for you, honourable delegates. Would you like to elaborate as to what kind of sanctions the French government want to implement on our Bolivarian Republic?"
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:11 am

As they approached, Lamar whispered something to an aide who turned and keyed in a prompt of some kind onto a large screen in the conference room. What had until that point been a still image of the national flags outside the building turned into a live video feed of a beach. Just out from the picturesque sands of the beach, the ocean is filled by countless naval vessels which dominate the frame. Before explaining, Lamar shook the hand of Castillo, and then began their private discussion while the Indochinese ministers took his signal to keep other delegates busy.

"Your ships are very impressive, Mr President. I believe the largest one in frame is a destroyer, of NAF design. Our own fleet has a few American originating ships in it too. This is a weather camera on Guadeloupe, one of our Caribbean islands. Around 5 miles or so from where your forces are positioned. Why am I showing you this? Because around three quarters of a million tourists visit Guadeloupe annually. Now, while that number declined last year due to the war, we hope that it will resume this year of 2020. I merely wish to express to you our concern that our visitors may be concerned to see such a naval force deployed their long term." Lamar nodded respectfully to Castillo. "I have parliamentary support sufficient to pass sanction efforts, however my party does not currently believe that we have any need to do so. I respect your national interests, and I hope that you will grant us the same courtesy."

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:21 am

New Metropolitan France wrote:As they approached, Lamar whispered something to an aide who turned and keyed in a prompt of some kind onto a large screen in the conference room. What had until that point been a still image of the national flags outside the building turned into a live video feed of a beach. Just out from the picturesque sands of the beach, the ocean is filled by countless naval vessels which dominate the frame. Before explaining, Lamar shook the hand of Castillo, and then began their private discussion while the Indochinese ministers took his signal to keep other delegates busy.

"Your ships are very impressive, Mr President. I believe the largest one in frame is a destroyer, of NAF design. Our own fleet has a few American originating ships in it too. This is a weather camera on Guadeloupe, one of our Caribbean islands. Around 5 miles or so from where your forces are positioned. Why am I showing you this? Because around three quarters of a million tourists visit Guadeloupe annually. Now, while that number declined last year due to the war, we hope that it will resume this year of 2020. I merely wish to express to you our concern that our visitors may be concerned to see such a naval force deployed their long term." Lamar nodded respectfully to Castillo. "I have parliamentary support sufficient to pass sanction efforts, however my party does not currently believe that we have any need to do so. I respect your national interests, and I hope that you will grant us the same courtesy."

"Your tourists will continue to resume my friend, as long as no larger issue is made of this region. Our Bolivarian Republic have made a consistent effort to act in gracious matter for you. If you remember, our military forces alerted you before any strike during Operation Anti-Colonialismo. We've made an abundant effort to ensure our bilateral relations, but this cannot work both ways. It can only be seen as a subversive move against us that you permitted the construction of Italian propaganda signals into the Federation of Nativist Island. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, that you were unaware of this very sensitive matter, it is still an attack against us. That's why we suggest you relax from the Italian-driven agenda against Puertollano, and join us in peace. My forces will remain in the Caribbean as long as their independence is at stake. Do you understand where I am coming from?"
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Zackaroth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zackaroth » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:24 am

High Leader Nassaar Akram walked through the door flanked by his own pair of aids. He strode in with a very light limp, using a well fashioned mahogany cane to help him walk. Many of his advisors had told him not to bring the cane as some may see it as a sign of weakness but being 60 years old and his limp from his years of service as a solider and leader the civil war that eventually formed Zackaroth, Akram didn't care. His country was more then the High Leader despite what Abdullah wanted to believe during his tenure as one. He greeted the other delegates with simple nods and would shake hands if prompted. Otherwise he was quiet as he observed the meetings around, taking interest in the conversation between the French and Puertollano delegates.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:27 am

Zackaroth wrote:High Leader Nassaar Akram walked through the door flanked by his own pair of aids. He strode in with a very light limp, using a well fashioned mahogany cane to help him walk. Many of his advisors had told him not to bring the cane as some may see it as a sign of weakness but being 60 years old and his limp from his years of service as a solider and leader the civil war that eventually formed Zackaroth, Akram didn't care. His country was more then the High Leader despite what Abdullah wanted to believe during his tenure as one. He greeted the other delegates with simple nods and would shake hands if prompted. Otherwise he was quiet as he observed the meetings around, taking interest in the conversation between the French and Puertollano delegates.

President Medina approached the High Leader with a smile. He reached his hand out to shake his.

"Hello, I am President Medina on the Federation of Nativist Islands. It's a pleasure to meet you, High Leader."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:38 am

Puertollano wrote:"Your tourists will continue to resume my friend, as long as no larger issue is made of this region. Our Bolivarian Republic have made a consistent effort to act in gracious matter for you. If you remember, our military forces alerted you before any strike during Operation Anti-Colonialismo. We've made an abundant effort to ensure our bilateral relations, but this cannot work both ways. It can only be seen as a subversive move against us that you permitted the construction of Italian propaganda signals into the Federation of Nativist Island. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, that you were unaware of this very sensitive matter, it is still an attack against us. That's why we suggest you relax from the Italian-driven agenda against Puertollano, and join us in peace. My forces will remain in the Caribbean as long as their independence is at stake. Do you understand where I am coming from?"

"Perhaps we can find some public safety regulation near the tower that needs inspection. As for your military forces, can we perhaps come to an arrangement regarding their activities? Jet aircraft flyovers within visual range of Guadeloupe could be distressing, particularly if they were to create sonic booms. Can we perhaps agree to be notified of any such flights so we can try to fit them around civilian air traffic? This would apply in peace time only of course, should conflict erupt all civilian flights would be cancelled to avoid accidents. As for the naval vessels, since this island serves essentially as an enclave within our EEZ and territorial waters can it be agreed that they stay on your half of the strait between the island and ours, and when arriving/departing from the island to go back to your homeland or elsewhere that they take a more indirect route around Dominica to avoid being seen along the coastal towns of Guadeloupe, or head out into the open ocean to the east? This should cause no inconvenience for you given the small distance of the Dominica route. Finally, civilian tour boat/aircraft operators and fishing vessels should not be harassed by your forces so long as they do not approach the island. Of course, your forces remain unable to actually travel through what is legally our territory without permission and vice versa. Can this be accommodated?"
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:44 am

New Metropolitan France wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
"Your tourists will continue to resume my friend, as long as no larger issue is made of this region. Our Bolivarian Republic have made a consistent effort to act in gracious matter for you. If you remember, our military forces alerted you before any strike during Operation Anti-Colonialismo. We've made an abundant effort to ensure our bilateral relations, but this cannot work both ways. It can only be seen as a subversive move against us that you permitted the construction of Italian propaganda signals into the Federation of Nativist Island. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, that you were unaware of this very sensitive matter, it is still an attack against us. That's why we suggest you relax from the Italian-driven agenda against Puertollano, and join us in peace. My forces will remain in the Caribbean as long as their independence is at stake. Do you understand where I am coming from?"

"Perhaps we can find some public safety regulation near the tower that needs inspection. As for your military forces, can we perhaps come to an arrangement regarding their activities? Jet aircraft flyovers within visual range of Guadeloupe could be distressing, particularly if they were to create sonic booms. Can we perhaps agree to be notified of any such flights so we can try to fit them around civilian air traffic? This would apply in peace time only of course, should conflict erupt all civilian flights would be cancelled to avoid accidents. As for the naval vessels, since this island serves essentially as an enclave within our EEZ and territorial waters can it be agreed that they stay on your half of the strait between the island and ours, and when arriving/departing from the island to go back to your homeland or elsewhere that they take a more indirect route around Dominica to avoid being seen along the coastal towns of Guadeloupe, or head out into the open ocean to the east? This should cause no inconvenience for you given the small distance of the Dominica route. Finally, civilian tour boat/aircraft operators and fishing vessels should not be harassed by your forces so long as they do not approach the island. Of course, your forces remain unable to actually travel through what is legally our territory without permission and vice versa. Can this be accommodated?"

"That is all perfectly fine. Our forces stationed in the Caribbean are no way there to instil fear among the people, but to guarantee the stability required to resume tourism at its previous levels. Since we have accommodated to your French desires, I suppose you will vote against any Italian proposal to economically assault the Bolivarian Republic? As we know, our mutual co-operation is vital, and voting in favour of such an item could deal heavy damage to our relations."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:48 am

"The Confederation is a sovereign state and shall vote as one. Now, if our interests were to be aligned of course, that would just be a coincidence."

The Prime Minister offered his hand, this time not in greeting but to seal the deal.

"Is there another issue you wish to raise privately now, or shall we rejoin the wider conference before our discussion is treated with suspicion? We can always talk again later."
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zackaroth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zackaroth » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:51 am

Puertollano wrote:President Medina approached the High Leader with a smile. He reached his hand out to shake his.
"Hello, I am President Medina on the Federation of Nativist Islands. It's a pleasure to meet you, High Leader."

Akram shook the man's hand nodding and giving a neutral smile. "Hello President Medina, it is a pleasure to finally meet you. How goes the negations with the French?"

Orbanis
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Orbanis » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:07 am

While the delegations began to meet and talk the doors to the room open as a pair of Japanese officials walk in carrying the new Imperial Banner. They walk over to where the Orbanis Delegation would be seated and remove the former flag of Japan, replacing it with the Imperial banner. They flank either side of the flag and a chair that is sitting in front of it. A few moments later the doors open again and Masako Owada, the Crown Prince of the Empire, walks in to the summit quietly. He walks over to the two other delegates and sits in the chair in front of the flag, silently observing the conversations and agreements being made in the room.
Call me Bill
Current resident of the USA
My political compass is Economic Left/Right: -2.88 and Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56 so apparently I'm chilling with Gandhi...?
Pro: NATO, EU, USA, Israel-Palestine Alternative Solution, Centralism, Religious Tolerance
Neutral: Trump
Anti: Communism, Fascism, Political Correctness, Politics (In the uncompromising sense), DPRK

Grandes Terres
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandes Terres » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:01 am

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs wishes to inform delegates that the Italian government has rejected its inviatation to the Saigon Summit.
Anthem of the Federation of Franco-British Republics: La Victoire est à Nous / Victory is Ours

Personality type: INFP-T

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:18 am

David Ezink, leader of the Social Democracy party in the majority coalition along with the Greater German party was appointed as the representative for the Saigon Summit.

He arrived flanked by 3 aides 2 of whom belong to the Greater German Party while the final belonged to the Social Democracy party.

"Good evening gentlemen, we have much to discuss. May I be informed as to what has already been discussed?"
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

Fregantes Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 13, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Fregantes Empire » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:30 am

Just after the Germans, the Fregantese delegation arrived; at the centre was the Chancellor Fleuchaim, escorted by two senators.

"Good evening! Just like our German colleagues, we also wish to be informed about the conversation which took place before our arrival. Also, since the Italian delegation won't be coming, and the Austro-Danubian delegation's attendance is uncertain, we have to inform you, that the Fregantese delegation won't be speaking on the behalf of the URT and it's policies. We will be only representing ourselves"

The Chancellor then proceeded to greet the other delegates, and shaking hands. He especially wanted to meet President Castillo, since he never saw him in his life, and was extremely curious.
Last edited by Fregantes Empire on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Long live the legacy of the Roman Empire!"

Anxiety Cafe
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2007
Father Knows Best State

Postby Anxiety Cafe » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:37 am

The Magellan delegation entered the room silently but with an air of importance. The three included José Ramirez, the Minister of the Exterior replacing Sofía Ramos, who was killed in the terrorist attacks, and Paulina Ybarra and Bruno Medina, the two diplomats who had first attended the failed Conference of Silicon. They were all wearing formal attire, and over that a Magellan flag sash. They stepped forward in unison, accompanied by a team of ten guards.

“We must apologize for President Salamanca’s absence. She is still recovering from the vicious terrorist attacks that sadly took the life of my predecessor,” Minister Ramirez announced, glancing at the Andean delegation with a look of disgust and distrust. “It is the reason for the extra guards, since we cannot be sure of the security of this summit.”

With that, he sat down alongside the other two and waited for discussions to begin.
Last edited by Anxiety Cafe on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:42 pm

New Metropolitan France wrote:"The Confederation is a sovereign state and shall vote as one. Now, if our interests were to be aligned of course, that would just be a coincidence."

The Prime Minister offered his hand, this time not in greeting but to seal the deal.

"Is there another issue you wish to raise privately now, or shall we rejoin the wider conference before our discussion is treated with suspicion? We can always talk again later."

He shoke the Prime Ministers hand in affirmation.

“Good. We respect your borders, and you will respect ours. I do have a final question; say the Conservative Coalition wins in a landslide in your upcoming election, how can I trust our deal will be upheld?”
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Zackaroth wrote:
Puertollano wrote:President Medina approached the High Leader with a smile. He reached his hand out to shake his.

Akram shook the man's hand nodding and giving a neutral smile. "Hello President Medina, it is a pleasure to finally meet you. How goes the negations with the French?"

“I find negotiations not to be my thing, so I leave it to Castillo. I’m just an old trade unionist, thrust into the world on international politics. All I want is for Europe to stop meddling in our affairs, and the recent chatter of from the Germanic Union, saying that they will re-conquer the ‘ABC Islands’ is scary. Might I ask, are you an ally of our cause?”
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Bendicion
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:11 pm

The Saigon Summit was in full swing, with representatives coming from different countries across the world. But for Australia, it was just another meeting among the nations who were still debating issues, issues that were set on the other side of the world, at the Atlantic theater. This was something that Canberra had always guessed. And without further ado Canberra rejected the idea of going to a summit where they simply had no interests whatsoever.

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

Author of ‘Ben was here o/‘
Self Proclaimed Server Hamster
♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖
From Small Beginnings, Great Things

>>> BENDICION | A STORY KEPT SAFE <<<

NS Issues Work Bench
I like quiet | I hate insensitivity | Perseverance is my drug
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

Varienberg
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Varienberg » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:09 pm

An announcer steps into the meeting room: "His Royal Majesty, King Yi Kwon of the Korean Empire" he shouts with passion, as the room around him turns quiet for a few Seconds.
There he stood, the young Emperor of Korea. Covered in white and blue - the national colors of his Domain - while his guards made their way to The Room. he begins by greeting his counterparts in puertollano and Zackaroth.
Seeking possible allies for the people of Korea, he took a long gaze around him.
Last edited by Varienberg on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Varienberg wrote:An announcer steps into the meeting room: "His Royal Majesty, King Yi Kwon of the Korean Empire" he shouts with passion, as the room around him turns quiet for a few Seconds.
There he stood, the young Emperor of Korea. Covered in white and blue - the national colors of his Domain - while his guards made their way to The Room. he begins by greeting his counterparts in puertollano and Zackaroth.
Seeking possible allies for the people of Korea, he took a long gaze around him.

When the Emperor of the Korean Empire arrived to greet the President Medina, he reached his hand out to shake. After that, the President moved over as so King Kwon could join in the conversation with the High Leader of Zackaroth. While shaking his hand, he said; “My name is Danilo Medina, newly appointed President of the Federation of Nativist Islands.”
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates