NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 40 - Mousiki, Izmedu | IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

12 Natanya: Urddasol - For Now

Postby Izmedu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Tune: Iriao - For You | Instumental

Band Members Left to Right: Juno, Vaughne, Shkeamus, Paynter and Jakoba.

As the music begins to play, the sole spotlight shines down upon the pianist, playing the opening notes, positioned on the satellite stage in a sea of phone flashlights. Just before Shkeamus, the first of the vocalists begins, the camera fades from the aforementioned shot, to a shot of Shkeamus stood centre main stage. The LEDs on the back of the stage transition to a scene of falling yellow, orange and brown leaves, whereas the stage floor LEDs become a colourful mixture of all different still fallen leaves, with two clear paths leading from Shkeamus around both side runways and to the pianist on the satellite stage. The camera displays the autumn scene, and then steadly zooms and pans around Shkeamus during his verse.

Autumn leaves fall,
Like broken tear drops,
I don’t know why they fall but I’ll try to understand somehow.

Half way through the verse another vocalist, Juno, appears from behind Shkeamus and joins in with finishing the verse with him while positioning himself to stage left.

A faked smile,
A faked happiness,
Let me try and make it real even if it’s just for now.

As Vaughne and Paynter starts their joint verse, they appears seemly out of nowhere into the camera shot, blocking the view of Shkeamus and Juno and gradually walk towards stage right, with Paynter staying staying stage right but Vaughne continuing onto the right runway.

I’ll be a hand you can hold onto to,
When you feel that everyone looks straight through.

The camera then switches to Jakoba, the last of the five male vocalists, who is positioned on the corner of the left runway, opposite to where Vaughne is now stood, for his first line. The other four men join to finish the line during the lyrics "especially ", in which the camera pans out to show that the leaves are now being "blown" away.

My heart will always be open, especially for you.

This graphic continues as Shkeamus, still stood centre stage, takes control again and starts the next verse with the other four men providing backing harmonies. The camera, more zoomed in, pans across the entire stage, left to right, gradually showing each of the singers and the pianist, still on the satellite stage.

A true feeling, A familiar feeling.
One felt through the warmth of a heart that is healing.

Vaughne now takes control for a short solo, in which all of the leaves in the graphics have now gone, and the ground that it has revealed is left on show. In the second line Juno and Jakoba join in with Vaughne.

You may not feel it but I’ll try to help.
Help you feel this warmth, even if it’s just for now.

As the short bridge starts, a wave of spotlights flows out from the stage into the audience. All 5 men sing the bridge, however Paynter is the main vocalist during this section, with a few of the over men deliberately singing slightly quitter and as a note or two behind to create the proper effect.

To keep strength in your heart,
To keep trying in the dark.

As the next verse starts, all the graphics fade to black and any two levels of lights stay, a higher lever, basically shining from the top of the stage across the roof to the very top of the opposite seating area, which flashes in sync with the heavy percussion during the verse, and a lower lever, made up of 5 spotlights, each shining from behind one of the five vocalists. The camera once again slowly pans across the stage, but this time right to left and slightly higher so the pianist doesn't block the view of the centre stage. All 5 five men sing the verse in unison.

Trust my word and me, Trust me and you’ll see,
That the hurt doesn’t last forever, one day you’ll be free.

After the first two lines a red ring appears around the stage where the path through the leaves used to be, connect the 5 men and the pianist together, all flowing to a final point at the centre stage, just in front of where Shkeamus is stood, throughout the rest of the verse the men gradually start to move towards this final point, where as shape is beginning to form. During the final big note, the men are now stood around the centre point and the shape which has turned out to be a love heart, as the note progresses the men gradually raise an arm each, simultaneously raising the heart from the stage floor LED to the centre screen behind them. Halfway through the note Juno cuts out to sing a finishing backing line.

Overcome shunning,
And you’ll rise stunning.
Keep your head up high and you’ll feel the warmth,
Not just for now.
(You can once again feel proud.)

As the song ends the camera is now focused on the five men, stood near each other with their arms raised and shifts the focus from the men to the heart, which is now suspended in middle of the centre screen. The lights come back on as normal and the band members all wave and thank the audience for listening.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:03 pm

Placeholder for Christarnea's postcard
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

13 Christarnea: Lem Olaph - Folie a Deux

Postby Izmedu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:04 pm

Translation: Madness of Two
Tune: Dan Owen - Hideaway

The country is represented by 24-year-old Lem Olaph, the winner of La Voix de Christarnée. The song is his debut brand new single called "Folie à Deux". A lot of his growing amount of fans in Folkand was elated after the announcement. However, his final version of the song has been kept in secret till the final night in June. The album version sang full in French has appeared in many Folkandish radio station and reached really good placing in local tops. All the experts are convinced that Christarnea will really matter in this game.

The stage is fully black. The three streams of lights fall on the floor at the beginning of the instrumental. We can hear Lem humming in the background but he isn't present in the light. Instead of him there is a female ballet dancer in a white costume sitting on the floor. She stands up and takes a walk around the stage. The Lem's voice in the background sings the first verses.

Je suis allongé
Sur le sol dans un bourbier de sang
Cette scène est-elle réelle
Tu me supplies de mourir plus vite

I am lying
On the floor in the puddle of blood
Is this scene real
You are begging me to die faster

The silhouette of Lem Olaph appears at the back of the stage. His face is hidden in the dark. He walks towards the front of the stage. The ballet dancer is dancing by his side. We can see that he wears long black mantle, black jeans and black military boots.

And I can't tell I'm fine
It was a blow to my mind and our love
But please don't try to hide
Tell the police to blame it on me

He comes to the light and stops in this place. The dancer sits down by him. She seems to be sad and terrified. He sings the pre-chorus.

My scars are open
Blood is colder
Lips in blue need a kiss for goodbye
Eyes are frightened
But I am doubtless
It's me who make you mad

He bends over the floor and starts the chorus with a powerful scream. The girl stands up and starts to perform her energetic dancing routine having run quite far from Lem. The stage is bursting with a flash of light.

La folie à deux
L'amour est un crime
C'est ma faute si tu es un monstre
J'ai tué un homme
Tué avec tes mains
Il y a une mort entre nous

The madness of two
The love is a crime
It's my fault you are a monster
I killed a man
Killed with your hands
There is a death between us

The bright light disappear at the time, the dancer suddenly falls down on the floor. Lem Olaph comes towards the girl giving his left hand to her and helping her stand up. He sings to her.

To jest tylko śmierć
To nie ciało kochało a duch
Miłość klatwą jest
Którą dzielę się z Tobą na pół

This is just a death
It's not the body who loved but the spirit
The love is a curse
That I share with you on half

Lem is coming back to his previous position, while the female dancer is slowly taking her white ballet costume off. She wears a short red dress underneath. It symbolizes the murder and blood he sings about.

My scars are open
Blood is colder
Lips in blue need a kiss for goodbye
Eyes are frightened
But I am doubtless
It's me who make you mad

The stage illuminates with the wide ray of bright, white light. Lem sings the chorus while the girls performs her routine around him as if she is tempting him. He looks ate her from time to time.

La folie à deux
L'amour est un crime
J'ai tué un homme
Tué avec tes mains

The madness of two
The love is a crime
I killed a man
Killed with your hands

La folie à deux
L'amour est un crime
Ma mort ne tu sauvera pas
Ne sauvera pas

The madness of two
The love is a crime
My death will not save me
Will not save

Lem repels the importunate dancer and she falls down on the floor next to him turning her face away. The light goes off just for the time when the bridge comes.

Nie umarłem
W Tobie żyję
Jak smak w ustach i w uszach szum
Nie wiedziałem
Że zabijesz
Gdy wpadniesz w szaleństwo za dwóch

I haven't died
I live in you
Like taste in mouth and hum in ears
I didn't know
That you would kill
When you fell in the madness for two

The flash of more powerful light is bursting again. Its color changes into red and white. The dancer stands up and seems like attacking Lem. She is dancing around him and touching his face and clothes. She looks like crazy, tugging her hair that was bunched up in a bun - now it is long and messy.

La folie à deux
L'amour est un crime
J'ai tué un homme
Tué avec tes mains

The madness of two
The love is a crime
I killed a man
Killed with your hands

La folie à deux
L'amour est un crime
J'ai tué un homme
Tué avec tes mains
Ma mort ne tu sauvera pas

The madness of two
The love is a crime
I killed a man
Killed with your hands
My death won't save me

The dancer makes Lem to fall on his knees. He kneels and sings the final verses while the dancer is hugging him sitting by. The stage turns completely red.

Je suis allongé
Sur le sol dans une bourbier de sang
Cette scène est-elle réelle
Tu me supplies de mourir plus vite

I am lying
On the floor in the puddle of blood
Is this scene real
You are begging me to die faster

The whole light goes off at one time. After a few seconds the applause comes, Lem takes the dancer's hand and they bow together towards the audience saying "Merci" to the microphone.
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:08 pm

Placeholder for Mercedinian Postcard
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

14 Mercedini: Rachel Nollov - Unbreakable II

Postby Izmedu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Following their rather experimental choice for the 39th World Hit Festvial which earnt the nation a solid thirty points and fourth place, ENM have decided to go back to basics with their selection for the 40th edition of the contest held once again in Mousiki, Izmedu. The song chosen has reflected a shift in the of tunes of Mercedini's sporting history, with the song coming from a successful re-release of a WorldVision banger. The selection comes after a second iteration of Nollov's 'Unbreakable', classified 'The Champions Edit' was released following the nation's first ever World Cup Cycle victory in the Cup of Harmony, reaching the top spot on the Mercedinian Hot 100 mere days after it's release.

The song has come of age since the original trck was released after WorldVision 51, where the song placed 9th in Kyvivre, which was the best placing at the contest that the nation had at the time. The song was chosen by executives for it's lyrics and feel good attitude, jumping on the back of sporting hype which transfixed the nation in the following weeks after the team's victory. With lyrics modified, the tune revamped and all new staging for the song to compete in Mousiki, it could be time for Nollov to take home a second World Hit Festival title.

The Mercedinian made waves when she became the first from her nation to win an international song contest, when she was featured on the Convikt dance track 'Flying Above', which won the 33rd World Hit Festival for Cosneolta, one edition before Daniel Alishkaerni did the same thing, this time for his home nation. Nollov has been active within the Mercedinian music scene since her victory, focusing on new projects and writing a series of competing WorldVision songs, with Rapidly Descending Barrier's 'Loved Ones' currently competing in Telm City, which was co-wrote by Nollov and a series of other writers. Now she takes to the stage for Mercedini once again, hoping to bring home a third victory for her nation, which would be the first in four editions. She will sing 21st in the final of the World Hit Festival.

The performance begins with the stage covered in a matte white, bright enough to illuminate the rest of the arena but calm enough to keep everything in view of the camera which was elevated above the circular stage. Grey vertical strings on the LED screen at the back of the stage were vibrating as the beginning piano chords ran out around the arena and from television sets of the viewers at home. The camera flew in to a female figure walking forward on the main portion of the stage. The spotlight above her grew in brightness to slowly reveal the Mercedinian representative, who was dressed in all white with loose white trousers and a white crop top, revealing her rams and lower stomach to serve some looks to the crowd. She put her white microphone to her lips to sing the opening lines of her return to international song contests

Lately I’ve been looking up to greatness
We live in a place where victory’s just meant to be
Because we are, are looking nowhere but up
And that’s why I’ll be there when times get tough

Rachel then wals to the side of the stage but doesn't walk onto the island, instead a camera located as the side of the stage swoops in from above, as Rachel sings towards the camera before turning her back and walking back towards the centre of the stage, geeing up the crowd as she does so. The vibrating strings on screen slow to the point where they become simply grey lines at the back, before fading away into the white screen, leaving the LED screen as one colour after the first verse of the song comes to an end.

Just say that you’ll be there when we all take a bow
There’s no doubt as time flies, there will be ups and downs

The matte white screens now increase in intensity as Rachel cuts a lovely figure at the centre of the stage, the lights around the arena now all point their beams of light towards the singer as the camera in the centre cuts a long stationary shot at it moves forward, moving past many heads of the audience who are simply watching in admiration rather that waving their flags like previous performances. The angle then cuts to the shot zoomed in on the face of Nollov as she clenches her fist and sings into the final line into the main camera in the central of the stadium. The music continues as the lights and screens fade out before the lead up to the chorus begins.

We’re taking on them all
Their walls, we’ll blow them up
We're gonna run this town, town, town
World, we're unbreakable

During the instrumental portion of the song before the chorus, Rachel waves to the crowd which returns a small cheer from the crowd as the flags are waved high, Rachel spins elegantly before steadying herself and putting her microphone up to her lips once again. An explosion as light and colour occurs as the first chorus explodes into light. Five dancers who are all in white run from the side of the stage all holding chalks of different colours of their hand, they all run of enthusiastically into the centre of the stage and throw their chalk into the air, creating clouds of orange, purple, green, blue and red before dancing around Rachel which is captured by the overhead camera. The white screen has been wholly replaced by a multi-coloured vortex spinning around in the LED screen behind the action. Small fireworks of many different colours fly from the stage floor as the chorus kicks the audience into life.

World, we're unbreakable
Yeah, we're unbreakable
Hey, we're unbreakable

The second verse begins with the vortex slowing down until it stops to form a simple wall behind the performers on stage. The six of them line up behind each other with Nollov at the front, the five dancers spread their arms out to give the illusion that they are coming from the singer's body, with each of the dancers having noticeably different coloured hands from the chalk that they threw previously. The arms and hands then reach forward to grab the clothing of Nollov who keeps singing into the central camera, the chalked hands leave their mark on the clothing, adding colour stains to her clothing as the performance continues.

If they say that our strengths will never do them harm
Then we’ll run to them and show them all what we’re made of

The dancers split from their line and move with Rachel as she walks forward towards the front of the stage, a manned camera moves onto the stage and circles the group before the camera shows a reverse angle of the stage with the performers turning their backs to the audience as Nollov sings to the audience at home rather than the ones in Mousiki. Rachel places her hand on her heart before turning quickly to greet the audience with the beginning of the lead up of the second chorus.

We’re not gonna stop till we’ve earnt that number one
Creations and evolution take us where we’re dreaming of

Rachel looks up to the overhead camera before returning to the central camera in the arena. The stationary vortex begins to start up once again as the mix of colours rotates on the LED screen at the back of the stage. The colours spill onto the LED floor to illuminate the performers with many different colours instead of just white which was present before. The bridge is slowly being filled in with the walkway slowly transforming as the rainbow effect seeps it's way along the walkway, which is captured by the camera as it flies back to take in the scale of the arena.

We’re taking on them all
Their walls, we’ll blow them up
World, we're unbreakable

There's no break for the singer as they song goes straight into the second chorus which brings it's own set of effects to keep the viewers engaged in the song. The lights and the spectacle return with cannons at either side of the stage firing light chalk at the performers on the stage, which floats down and coats the white clothing of the six people, creating individual designs for the six of them to sport for the rest of the performance. Rachel now has a small sprinkling of coloured powder on her hair and on her face, but her make-up has deflected much the mess, keeping her face still visible to the crowds watching wherever they are.

World, we're unbreakable
Yeah, we're unbreakable
Hey, we're unbreakable

(Yeah, we're unbreakable)
(Yeah, we're unbreakable)

Rachel now moves away from centre stage for the first time in the song as she steps onto the walk way which encompasses a small section of the audience who have a special view of all the artists performing on the night. She walks along the walkway to the camera's left as the other five performers are briefly seen on the walkway on the right. The Mercedinian moves her fingers through her hair as she put plenty of effort into her tone to give off a heartfelt message to the audience. She looks and sings to the audience in the stadium to get them hyped for another chorus which the song was building towards.

And even if we're mountains apart, I will climb (ah, ah, ah)
'cause our hearts and souls are glowing inside, can't deny (ah, ah, ah)
(World, we're unbreakable)
(World, we're unbreakable)

The six performers meet up together in the centre of the island which was connected to both walkways as the instrumental portion of the song returns. The colours begin to swirl and swoosh around as the song builds up to a crescendo once. The five dancers form a ring around Nollov as she gives the notes her all in her big return to representing her nation. To her, it felt good to be back where she first made a significant name for herself, winning the contest with Cosneolta. Steam jets fly from the stage this time, as coloured light shines through the team to create coloured columns rising from the stage floor. The crowd are beginning to get into the song as they are waving their flags now, with the light reflecting off the heads of the audience which the camera sees around the main action.

World, we're unbreakable
Yeah, we're unbreakable
Hey, we're unbreakable

Steam jets fly from the stage once again as Nollov releases the notes of her life at the contest, reliving the spectacle of singing her song in Kyvivre for the 51st edition of the WorldVision Song Contest. The dancers arrange themselves behind Nollov as she sings the final lines of the songs. They smile with some resting their hand on the shoulder of the main vocalist giving the impression of togetherness on stage, something which the song is keen to mention as its theme, given the context of the revamp and the purpose of it's re-release. The final piano notes sound out, bringing the song to an end.

World, we're unbreakable!
(World, we're) unbreakable
You're gonna run this town, town, town
Yeah, you’re unbreakable

The six of them bow simultaneously with Nollov thanking the audience verbally while her dancers simply smile and wave to the adoring audience. "Thank You Mousiki! Let's make some music!". She smiles and hugs her dancers as the camera cuts to a group of Mercedinian fans blow a kiss into the camera before a transition is made to a postcard of the next performing nation.
Last edited by Izmedu on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Placeholder for the Polkopian postcard

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

15 Polkopia: Molly June - Overload

Postby Izmedu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Tune: Jaira Burns - Sugarcoat

Having last participated in the 34th edition of the World Hit Festival hosted in Vodiznad, Izmedu, the Polkopian National Broadcaster (PNB) opted out for the following edition, citing low viewer participation as their justification for their withdrawal. Within months of their withdrawal, viewing figures were made public knowledge as per request by Gregori Životsev, who had only just been hired as the head of the Worldvision Committee within the PNB, and these viewing figures showed that the 34th World Hit Festival generated 900 thousand viewers, the highest ever recorded number of viewers for the World Hit Festival. Several allegations of corruption ensued, and Anton Markasev, head of a number of projects within the PNB, including the World Hit Festival, was subsequently arrested with charges including money laundering, corruption, and embezzlement. During Polkopia's absence in the World Hit Festival, the PNB has worked to restructure that particular sector of its company, and Yuri Petravonovich, son of famed Polkopian singer-songwriter, Anna Petravona, was appointed as head of the World Hit Festival among other projects. Since his appointment, he has worked alongside Životsev in order to ensure that the World Hit Festival and Worldvision song contests did not steer viewers from each other, but rather complement each other during their respective showings. Therefore, a joint meeting with Životsev, Petravonovich, and Viktor Vyonshchik, who leads the team responsible for the Landa vy Polkopiya, decided that once again, the winner of the Landa vy Polkopiya would be sent to represent Polkopia at Worldvision, while the runner-up would be given the chance to represent Polkopia at the World Hit Festival. This tactic proved successful during Polkopia's last participation at the World Hit Festival, where Ada Filipović was sent to Vodiznad and placed fourth out of 20 nations. The 40th World Hit Festival would once again act as a test in order to determine if this method of selection works best in order to ensure a perfect balance between viewing figures, costs associated with participation in both of these song contests, and results.

Mariya Iyunovna, or more commonly known throughout Polkopia by her stage name, Molly June, was only 21 years old at the time of her debut at the Landa vy Polkopiya. Prior to her participation at Polkopia's most popular internal music competition, June grew up as a child actress, starring in several musicals including Growing Up Broke and Broken, and Retrospective. June's role in both of these musicals caught the attention of several Polkopian musical directors, who wasted no time attempting to make Molly June one of the more recognized names among Polkopia's most popular artists. Unfortunately, her career came to a halt following a sickness within her immediate family, and she took a three-year hiatus from the music industry, where she helped raise her younger siblings alongside her mother. When her siblings grew old enough to take care of themselves, June returned to the music industry and released her song, Overload, which was subsequently entered into the Landa vy Polkopiya in hopes that she would make it to the Worldvision stage. Although she came up short of achieving her dream, Polkopia's return to the World Hit Festival opened up a new opportunity for June, and she accepted the invitation to represent her nation in the contest. Her song broke into the Top 10 in Polkopian charts, peaking at #9 within a week of the song's official release, and has fluctuated in and out of the Top 10 in the following weeks. Currently, her song sits at #18 in the charts, but hopes still remain high that Molly June will bring Polkopia it's first ever victory at the World Hit Festival.

At this moment, the stage was completely dark. The cheering had just begun to subside after her nation's postcard was shown, and Molly June stood in the middle of the stage, looking down at the ground, counting the seconds in her head before the opening notes to her song were to play. She wore a navy jumpsuit with a necklace that was decorated in a half-gold and half-ruby sequence, and wrapped tightly around her neck. Her large, hooped earrings matched her necklace in the sense that one was colored gold, and the other, a deep red, and they corresponded with the sides of her necklace. Her eyeshadow was colored in a similar pattern, and her lips were a deep, sensual red, with a thin gold line painted in the middle of her lower lip. Her dark, black hair was parted perfectly down the middle and reached the middle of her back. She carried her microphone in her right hand, and it was decorated in a golden color, complete with rubies which were dotted alongside the housing compartment of the device. "Three, two, one." She counted down in her head, and began to walk forward from the back end of the stage, out from between the two large LED screens. The spotlight showed her, and she looked calmly ahead into the distance, seeming to ignore the camera focusing in on her from the front of the stage. The LED screens showed a light pattern and continued for the opening notes of the instrumentation and the first few lines of her song.

Always in my head
I can't look ahead
I can't stand it anymore.

I should take a break
But I'm about to break
And I can't stand it anymore.

After she sang the first lines of her song, the pattern in the two back LED screens morphed into one large circle on each screen, and they seemed to fluctuate in color. The rest of the back LED screens were completely black, however, the LED screen on the floor showed a pattern which resembled glass. As soon as the camera angled itself so that the pattern on the floor was visible, Molly June stopped, winced, and began to fall into a crouching position onto the ground. She sang the next verse, clutching her heart with her free hand and squeezing her eyes shut. After the first two lines, she looks directly into the cameras to sing the next two lines of the bridge, where the camera's special effects made it appear as if though her pupils have dilated and her irises have turned a bright shade of gold

I'm not gonna overload it, babe
Ima take it real slow, so I don't go below.

I will watch my pupils dilate
When I'm taking this hit, and it's so hard to admit that...

As the beat drops, all of the background LED screens show a pattern that resembles a black and white static screen. When she sings the first line, the two LED screens closest to the center of the stage show a video of Molly June's profile, as she holds her head. In this video, her hair is tied up in a high blue ponytail and she is wearing a black and white top. Behind her, circles colored in gold and pink rapidly zoom out in the background. The other background LED screens only show the circle pattern, as does the LED screen on the floor. All of these background screens are in sync with the other two screens, however they omit the video of Molly June. Molly June stands up, points to the audience with her free hand, and slightly swings her outstretched arm to the tune of the beat while she sings.

That I love it so much, and it's so hard for me to let go
And I hate it at night, 'cause that's when I need it the most
But I love when I'm on it, and maybe you'll call me a hypocrite
But I can't overload it... load it... load it...

With each time she sings "I", the other LED screens in the background flash gold, then pink, then gold again, until she sings the word "can't". At that point, a gold and pink version of this spiral animation plays. This pattern repeats itself for the second line. For the third and fourth lines, the same spiral pattern remains on the screen. After the fourth line, however, they fade back to black.

No I-I-I-I-I-I can't...
No I-I-I-I-I-I can't...
And I can't overload it...load it... load it...

As the other LED screens fade to black, the main two LED screens (the same two that displayed the video of her) show a pattern similar to this, but the colors begin to morph in tune with the beat, and more of the glitter is produced each time the colors collide. Molly June walks about the perimeter of the stage, waving to some of the members of the audience who are in the front two or three rows, smiling some.

When I'm coming down
My feet touch the ground
And I can't stand it anymore.

She meanders her way back to center-stage, and she grips her hair and returns to the crouching position she maintained earlier in the performance, squeezing her eyes closed, and maintaining a pained expression all the same. Meanwhile, the LED screens and lighting all began to fade into a dimmer version of their previous coloring

All the colors fade
And I'm about to break
And my heart aches for love

She returns to a standing position, opens her eyes, and shakes her head, however the pained expression she had before is still present on her face while she sings. She doesn't seem to be singing to anyone in particular, and looks as if though she is zoning out toward the end of the bridge, but still sings regardless. At the very last note, the camera rapidly zooms into her right eye, and another video effect made it so that it looks as if there's a flame in her pupil.

You can watch my pupils dilate

The camera then shows an arial view of the stage, while the background LED screens show the same animation as the previous chorus, with the video of her and the circles in the background. Molly June is positioned so that she is in the middle of the circles that are zooming in on the LED floor, creating a surreal atmosphere on-stage.

No I-I-I-I-I-I can't...
No I-I-I-I-I-I can't...

The breakdown begins, and she returns to the crouching position from before, though this time, her eyes are open. The animations in the background all fade to black, and the lights dim. The LED floor still continues to project the circle-animation, however, the circles are now colored in different hues of gray. As she sings the last line of this breakdown, she slowly rises, and by the last note, she's standing straight up again.

I can't even sleep at night
I don't even have an appetite
But take one look into my eyes
You'll see that I've reached another high

Midway through the first line, the colors all return to normal in an instant, and smoke shoots out from various spots along the perimeter of the stage. The two LED screens closest to center-stage show the same pattern as before, however, the other two LED screens show a pattern similar to this, but in red.

You'll all watch my pupils dilate

No I-I-I-I-I-I can't...
No I-I-I-I-I-I can't...

After the last note, all the lights immediately turned off except for a singular red light behind Molly June, illuminating her silhouette in the bright red lighting that showed. When the song was over, the lights all returned to normal. Molly covered her face, smilled, and bowed. "Thank you!" She managed to say into the microphone, before exiting the stage.
Last edited by Izmedu on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:19 pm

After the performance from Polkopia, the camera panned to a wide view of the stage as stage hands were seen cleaning up the stage and preparing for the next host intervention. Petra can be seen walking from the entrance to the main stage once the Polkopian act was verified to be in the green room. The music note podium was once again raised.

Petra: Thank you to Molly June for that wonderful performance! My oh my World, we've well and done gone through it. That's it! All the official performances for the World Hit Festival are now complete!

Petra: Alright, alright. Let's calm down before we all cause some ruckus in the Foruma. We don't want to pay the organizers more than already are. Okay, let's sort out the next part of the process, the voting!

Petra: For those of who you have been with us in the semi-finals, the voting process will be familiar. However, I will describe it once more as this time, we will reveal the votes of every nation versus just revealing the top 7. Here is how the voting works.

Petra then went on to describe the voting process in both Izmeduan and English, as commentators were then instructed to give out these instructions in their home languages should they so desire. As soon as Petra was done, the camera did a brief a close-up of her smiling to the audience before panning out quicly to the whole arena. The lights flickered and darkened as Petra took a deep breath...

WORLD! START! VOTING! NOW!!!

A shower of sparks went off from the conduits located on the stage as the screens all around the Majcena Foruma blared out the message that Petra just announced. A countdown clock of 15 minutes began to appear on the side of the screen, with each tick making a dramatic 'whoosh' that faded as soon as the clock ticked to 14:45. The countdown clock would remain as a fixture on the screen until it'd end.

Petra: Phew! Well world, get voting. Of course, we couldn't just leave you with nothing to fill the time with. In reflection of the festival's theme this edition, we've decided to send a few acts that RTI wouldn't have considered in the past.

Petra: Mousiki is considered the birthplace and gateway of two genres that Izmedu holds dearly. The traditional music of the Izmeduan kind of Klapa finds its roots in Mousiki precisely, where an old tale harks that it is the efforts of one folk singer singing alone by the sea that sparked this genre. In the old streets of Mousiki you can hear the sounds of Klapa from left to right, turning from a genre that was sung by lonely men into a vocal collective, with the added helping of a gitara of course.

Petra: Then after that, we'll treat you to the appearance of Mousikian Opera... Also appearing right around the era where Klapa began to stake its claim, the appearance of Opera was a large part in helping Mousiki build its regional identity from the larger Izmeduan cities. Their dramatics, their emotionally resonant and technically powerful vocals, and the long-winded stage narratives helped Mousiki define and shape Izmeduan music in ways that still resonate today.

Petra: Alright world, get ready. Performing for the World Hit Festival stage for the first time, please welcome Goran Sprem and Klapa bialda!

The Majcena Foruma darkened as Petra vacated the stage, leading to a huge crowd cheer especially from the local Mousikians that were there. It took a minute or two for preparations to end in earnest. However, a faint spotlight began to be seen illuminating a group of eight men. There was one man in the center with a tamburica while he was surrounded by seven others in the circle. The camera almost had a dream-like, pastel hue applied to it, giving off a retro hue in color. Then, there was a fade to the man carrying the tamburica. His name was Goran Sprem.

Interval Act I
Goran Sprem i Klapa bialda – Čaiko čekam
Translation: Here I Wait
Tune: Tomislav Bralic i Klapa Intrade - Ti, samo si ti

Goran's eyes were closed as he played the first few notes of the song. The camera focused on his slow but accurate hands, controlling the tamburica with a veteran player's ease and grace. The emotions were already clear from the slow, but deliberate notes that played. Soon after, the orchestra began to follow, with a set of violin strings helping the song towards its continuation. By the end of the initial instrumental interlude, the camera panned backwards out slightly, revealing the full extent of the klapa group that Goran would be leading for tonight. The men from Klapa bialda were all wearing suits that harkened to traditional Izmeduan fashion.

Mi usanglonost je težak
Kol ju nosim
I bez tebe bojim se
Ove noći
Jo la pol takari tako
Ju klamuam za tebe

Goran would sing this part of the first verse mostly on his lonesome. The camera focused on him and his playing. His eyes were now open as he enunciated each phrase carefully, teasing out every inch of emotion from the calm instrumentation. His eyes were filled with the pain of loneliness, with the darkness of the Majcena and the dark blue hue on the stage's lights (in lieu of filling the screen) emphasizing how lonely Goran looked even with the men from Klapa bialda around him. By the end of the verse, the lights began to brighten to then bring the klapa group into focus.

Le dani postaju duži-i tužnije
O maje ufanje je fragilan
Mui kredim in-el ljubaur kol imamo
I nadam se zauvik

The camera began to zoom out from Goran as the group sang in a persistent unison. They at first hummed the first two lines, keeping a constant hymn-like sound that almost reverberated throughout the arena due to the live sound. It was clear that the klapa group covered different rages, from the tenors that provided help to make sure that Goran's vocals were being amplified, while there were deep bases that gave a contrast and diversified the soundscape. At the final line, that was when Klapa bialda and Goran truly sang in unison. The camera took a wider view, emphasizing Goran and Klapa bialda as a collective.

Da čaiko čekam
Kantuam mi pisma contobom
Molim, dođi kući
Ličiti mi cre i mi jamna
Da čaiko čekam
Molim, dođi kući
Ličiti mi cre i mi jamna

It was almost like a romantic love song from an old and bygone era when the chorus said, with Goran swooning the vocals with his traditional and emotional register. The klapa group, even if they appeared stoic, themselves laced their hymnal-like vocals with their own set of emotions. The instrumentation swelled slightly as the orchestra softly played the strings to complement the tamburica. The camera alternated between close-up shots of Goran to occasionally views of the Klapa group, the men of the latter staying absolutely stock still as their faces were contorting with emotion. By the end of the chorus, which was reprised two times in this section, the camera was at Goran. He hung his head back as he let his vocals soar and then fade into an emotional wisp, a slight crackle of his voice being audibly heard. He then played the slight emotional flourish that led into the second verse.

Ju pišem ova pisma od mi ljubauri
Smanjiti da prođe vrime
Još žudim biti zajedno nuestra bez straha
Ju plakam za tebe

Goran once more carried the song's lyrics in the second verse with an emotional heft, the klapa group once more taking a backseat hymnal role to emphasize the mood of the song. Goran had his head tilted as he sang, the camera occasionally focusing on his calm tamburica playing. The instrumentation was a bit more intense for this verse, with the klapa group almost overpowering their vocals in the third line. At the end, Goran and Klapa bialda sang the last line of the verse together. The camera once more panned to a wider view, emphasizing more static shots akin to a recorded performance of yesteryear versus the Izmeduan protocol of cinematic performances.

Da čaiko čekam
Molim, dođi kući
Ličiti mi cre i mi jamna

For the final set of refrains, Goran laced his vocals with a bit more extra force to his vocals. Just as the instrumentation soared to peak, the emotions of his vocals and the group's did as well. He swayed back and forth, as Klapa bialda themselves also began to move back and forth. The camerwork remained identical to the first refrain, but the stage added a few more effects. Images of a lighthouse began to appear behind on the screens, with a calm sea lapping about the base of lighthouse. This was complemented by the instrumental interlude between this refrain and the last. The camera faded to a mid-shot view of a person in the small orchestras, a man in a traditional suit playing the guitar solo to this song. The camera would alternate between that man and to views of the klapa group, who themselves remained humming. At the end of the interlude, the camera returned back to the vocalists.

Da čaiko čekam
Molim, dođi kući
Ličiti mi cre i mi jamna
Ličiti mi cre i mi jamna

The final refrain saw Goran and Klapa bialda sing at their highest emotional intensity. Some of the klapa group began to move forward, splitting into two halves temporarily before converging upon Goran in one light. The baby blue light configuration that remained static began to brighten the stage. The romantic image of the lone spotlight began to shine on the screen, slowly morphing into an image of the Mousikian seaside. The song was now an image of eight men pining and yearning for their lover in the sea, emphasized as the floor screens began to slowly turn into water. At the end of the song, the lights darkened as the Goran and Klapa bialda remained still.

For the locals in the audience, this was a massive treat to be had. They cheered the loudest for Goran and Klapa bialda, knowing that it was rare for local Mousikian artists to have been given to showcase their most traditional music in such a manner. However, this was not the end of the interval act as the lights darkened sans one spotlight... A hidden ninth person suddenly coming on stage.

My loneliness is a burden
That I wear
And without you I am frightened
These endless nights
Where the pain remains in silence
I call for you

The days grow in sorrow and length
Oh my hope is fragile
But I believe in the love that we share
And I hope that we continue for eternity

Thus, here I wait
Singing my song for you
Please, come home
To heal my heart and my soul

Thus, here I wait
Singing my song for you
Please, come home

I write these messages of love
To ease the passage of time
I long to be together without fear
I cry for you

Thus, here I wait
Singing my song for you
Please, come home

Thus, here I wait
Singing my song for you
Please, come home

Before the interval act's second song would begin. Klapa bialda and Goran stayed within the darkness as the ninth man was illuminated. He looked ready to give a monologue, wearing a classically designed suit that was almost ragged at the edges. He gazed at the audience with an intense look, with his in-character almost causing the audience to quiet even without the use of cue cards. The lights remained off as the camera now took on a far more cinematic view for him. The man's name was Ivica Kozina, a once former opera prodigy of Mousiki now turned into a career and classically trained opera singer. He then began to engage in a monologue, one that would introduce the song.

Ivica Kozina: Our world lies in apocalypse. What we once had is now gone. I sought for your love as you went out into the sea. However, the longer I waited, the more I watched our world crumble. Into the never-ending inferno I want. All I had was a distant memory of you, a faint hope that perhaps in the fickle afterlife that I would meet you. That was the hope I had when our world turned into nothing. I chased for a love, your love, that I still hope exists. I call for your soul. I sing this grand yet melancholy ode to you... To a love that wanders the world and one that I yearn for.

Interval Act II
Ivica Kozina – Jamna
Translation: Soul
Tune: Amaury Vassili - Sognu

The song started off calmly as white lights began to shine down on the stage. As the song was primarily driven by the orchestra, the song would entirely be played live by the orchestra that flanked Ivica. By this time, the previous performers were now off the stage and Ivica was standing on his lonesome behind a strategically placed microphone. His eyes were closed as the orchestra played the low but rousing beginning of the song. After a few seconds, Ivica opened his eyes and the camera panned over to him, his face determined yet solemn.

Kanda la kanaisa
Kada nakona la vatra
Racuada nueštre inamćenje
Mi kol zuant zajedno

His voice rang out smoothly, the high tenor of his register flowing throughout the arena as years of opera training began to bear fruit in this performance. Ivica held one hand out as he sang, lurching towards the audience. The lights remained a haunting white, casting a shadow over on the floor. Behind Ivica and the orchestra, the screens began to show images of a destroyed environment that befit the song's lyrics. It was a destroyed city, a classical city's ruins, under a dark orange sky. The camera flashed between showing the ravaged environment and displaying Ivica's singing.

Kanda nueštre jamne
Mjasce do nueštri vječnosti
Nikad nećemo muariti mi ljubaur
Molim vas, racuardaš me

In this part of the song, drums began to be added to the orchestral instrumentation. Ivica increased the intensity of his vocals, letting his voice flow through a much deeper and fuller register versus the softer one he used. He began to lead back slightly as the lights flashed to the drum beat, the ravaged environment behind him only intensifying in image as the destroyed buildings slowly fell apart into nothing. Throughout this part of the song, the camera would also occasionally flash to the audience, focusing especially on the audience parts that were local to the city itself.

Prekurim od tebe
Hoćeš li ostani conmaic
Obećaj mi ova ruza
El simbol maje velike ljubari
Sve što blairim je za tebe, mi cre

The song would soften as Ivica then clasped the microphone with both hands and held his hands upward to control his voice towards the higher end of its range. The camera focused on him as the images behind him and the orchestra paused, the lights intensifying and focusing on him. The camera would move slightly sideways throughout the first two lines, his expression becoming more intense as he let his fuller range become more exposed through this stanza. One could see his eyes beginning to brimmer with the fire of passion and survival, a lone lover doing his best to keep his memory alive during the apocalypse. At the last line, Ivica held his head back as he held out the line's last note. His eyes were closed as the camera then faded to a wide view of the stage, some of the audience cheering for him during this part of the song.

The lights intensified to a dramatic degree and the orchestra swelled to its peak dramatics. The strings swooned as the world behind them on the screens then began to show a man who looked similar to Ivica. Timed to the dramatic melody, the man was looking up and standing alone in the apocalypse on the screen. His face was not shown, but his clothing looked visibly tattered, and it was clear that he was looking up towards the forlorn, red-orange sky. Once the interlude was over, the camera returned back to Ivica.

Ti si mi san, ti si mi ljubaur
Čak kand la svita muara

For this brief segue into the final set stanza, Ivica was letting his peak vocals out. He was singing in a much more intense fashion, his body visibly during the much larger notes especially at the end of 'svita maura.' He held out one hand that was balled to a fist, his head hanging back as he belted out his dramatic declarations.

Ju sam contobom
Kand nueštra svita ardara
U ovu vječanu infiarnu
Vrime je da odemo
Nikad nećemo muariti

The final 50 seconds of the song was now where Ivica would let no inhibitions through his vocals. His face was showing every single emotion that drove this song. The desperation of being the only one left in the apocalypse that was mixed with the caring and devotion that one needed to deliver these lines. The orchestra themselves remained hard at work to maintain the dramatic atmosphere. This was further enhanced by the camerawork, to which the camera would often make choice fly-bys from the back to the arena towards the stage in which the camera would catch a group of Izmeduans proudly waving their flags. At the fourth line of this stanza, Ivica unleashed his highest note yet, leading into the finale of the song...

The camera would close up on him for that final line, as he'd say the 'nikad necemo' with a determination and fire in his eyes. He looked almost ready to keel over, but he needed to deliver just one more word... With 'muariti,' he belted out the most powerful note he could, the orchestra silencing itself as he pulled off the final note of the song. He stepped back as the song finished to a loud cheer from his home.

"Hvala!" He said to the crowd, bowing down before walking off.

When the ashes
Fall after the fire
Remember our memories
What we together share

When our souls
Fly to our eternity
We will never die my love
Please, don't forget me

I ask of you
Will you stay with me
Swear on this rose
The symbol of my grand love
All I wish is for you, my heart

You are my dream, you are my soul
Even when the world dies

I am with you
When our world burns
Into this eternal apocalypse
It's time to depart
We will never die
Last edited by Izmedu on Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:18 pm

After the stage was cleared from both interval acts, Petra Krznar returned to the scene looking a little but winded but very much ready to continue the show. Once the music note podium was raised from the ground, the camera turned back to her smiling face. It was almost time for the most tense and exciting part of the World Hit Festival, the closing of votes and the voting reveal itself.

Petra: Thank you to Goran Sprem, Klapa bialda, and Ivica Kozina for offering us their wonderful interval acts! It's always a pleasure to see Mousiki's homegrown talent take the stage and show the world what they're made of. Of course, with how much time has passed from then until now... This does mean...

With a wink, the countdown clock appeared on the screen once more. There was only seven minutes and counting left until the voting lines would officially close. World Hit Festival fans all around the world were working like clockwork to get their televotes in and those in the production room were watching the scoreboard change by the second. Every single televote would affect something, and the Izmeduans and the Britonish in that production room were holding their breath.

Petra: Alright world, we have only four minutes left until the voting ends. Like in the semi-finals, we will give each entry one last chance to prove themselves through this brief recap video. Here we go.

The logo flashed on the screen as Adab's entry immediately began to play on the screen, with the voting and entry information below. Each recap of the songs would last for about 20 seconds, emphasizing a climactic part of the song or the parts where a performer would execute a memorable action. Each entry received quite the cheer from the audience. The recap ended with Molly June singing the chorus to “Overload,” with Polkopian fans cheering loudly for their entrant. When the recap was finished, the camera was making a long-distance pan towards the audience, who were waving about their flags with abandon and pride. The camera then focused back on Petra as the lights began to change configuration. The countdown clock now showed only one minute.

Petra: We have only sixty seconds left, World. This is your final chance to determine who our winner will be. Who's it going to be!?

The dramatic 'whoosh' at each tick of the clock was re-introduced once more as the countdown clock was then plastered throughout the background screens. Every nation's name was shouted in the audience, as Petra smiled and waited for her cue to begin speaking once more. It was almost a tradition in Izmedu as Petra can be seen readying herself as the clock struck 20 seconds. It was time to lead the audience through the countdown... Starting at 10, she began to say it out loud. Nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one...

WORLD! STOP! VOTING! NOW!!!

The Majcena Foruma's stage unleashed an even larger shower of sparks, almost fireworks at this rate, than was witnessed in the Semi-Final. The lights were flashing and the audience were cheering loudly as if a winner had already been announced. Petra had to take a couple seconds to catch her breath and concentrate as the smoke cleared from the stage. In the production room, there was a quick analysis being done the production team as well as a quick vetting. The result had already been decided by the final minute, but many were on their knees (figurative, though some were literally on their knees) seeing the final numbers stack up. This information was then relayed to Ivan Sandic and Dora Vidakovic, who now knew precisely what to say.

Petra: Whoa! Whoa!!! Okay, everyone settle, we don't have a known winner yet!

Petra chuckled for a bit to calm her nerves as stage hands were now able to put up the cue signs plastered throughout the arena. Perfect timing, as Petra was now being contacted by the production. They were right on cue.

Petra: Okay, I have the World Hit Festival overseer on the line. Ivan, I know it's you. Do we have a result?

The camera cut to Dora Vidakovic (General-Director) and Ivan Sandic (Overseer) bickering like a married couple, and a crew of Izmeduan and Britonish producers behind them trying to remain neutral. However, the excitement was simply too much.

Dora: Ivan, you heard the woman, we have a result?

Ivan rolled his eyes.

Ivan: I can confirm to you Petra that we indeed do have a result and it's being sent to you at this very moment. You should now be able to see the order to which you'll call out the result. But of course, before we go to that...

Ivan looked around and at Dora.

Ivan: I just want to say, on behalf of all of RTI and myself, I just want to thank the world for being with us ever since Radio-televizija Izmedu was trusted and elected into the overseership. Just 10 editions ago, we were elected while staging the 30th edition in Vodiznad and we had no idea precisely what we signed up for. But, with the help of you all, of which massive credit must go to nations that have hosted and supported the World Hit Festival, and of course, a general-director who really deserves more credit...

Ivan was now smirking at Dora at this stage now.

Ivan: We made it to the 40th anniversary. It's been an honor to be your overseer and to have taken care of a legendary song contest like the World Hit Festival. We now entrust this responsibility to the Britonish. Fabio McAlpine, are you ready to be the overseer? Dora, why don't you say a couple of words too?

Dora was hesitant, still a bit camera-shy after all these editions. However, considering she was there when Izmedu first hosted the contest, she thought it appropriate to say a couple of things.

Dora: Alright, you walking meme... I'm gonna miss you as overseer and I'm gonna miss having you in the office talking about this. It's the end of an era, as they say. Ivan, let's not have the audience getting antsy.

Ivan: Of course! Petra, it's all on you now. Let me just say, this is going to be a very interesting reveal. Take it away.

The camera faded back to an unfortunate time for Petra and a fortunate time for those who wanted to make memes and gifs of the contest. For a couple of seconds, her face was frozen in a cross between a disturbed and shocked expression which left her mouth slightly agape and her eyes widened. She then realized the cameras were on her and quickly fixed a smile on her expression.

Petra: Okay, I got a bit winded there. Alright, all of you heard the man, we now have a result and it's my job to reveal it. Let me explain how this all works.

Petra: While we may have only 15 nations in the grand final, all 30 participants of the 30th World Hit Festival have cast their vote. Here's how it works. The traditional World Hit Festival system of voting involves each nation showing the world their top 5 favorite entries. They give 5 points to their favorite, 4 points to their 2nd faovrite, 3 points to their 3rd favorite, 2 points for their 1st favorite, and 1 point to their fifth favorite.

Petra: We will go through each nation one-by-one until all 30 participants have had their votes revealed. The country with the highest amount of points is now considered the winner of the World Hit Festival. If there is a tie, don't worry, we have you covered. In the event that one does happen, I'll explain what happens there.

Petra: Alright world, this is it... I just need to do one last thing, spokespersons! Hello! You all there?

Various faces were shown to the screen waving back at Petra. Some of them looked familiar to the audience and seemed to be in a particular order... After about 15 seconds of airtime, they would disappear.

Petra: World, are you ready? This is it... We're about to start the process of revealing every single vote.

Petra: South Batoko is up first!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

01/30: South Batoko

Postby Izmedu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Petra: South Batoko? Are you there, South Batoko? RTI blew the budget this time what happened to our connection?... Not to worry, I got their votes on the screen. Let's see their 1 through 4!

Petra: South Batoko's 5 points goes to...

POLKOPIA!

Petra: One down, twenty-nine to go. Britonisea's next.

5 points: Polkopia
4 points: Britonisea
3 points: Antahbrantahstan
2 points: Christarnea
1 point: Mercedini

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

02/30: Britonisea

Postby Izmedu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:10 pm

Petra: Dobra vecer Britonisea and good evening Doportedas! Might I say, you're looking dashing tonight Younes! Do you have the Britonish votes for us?

Younes Wright-Harel: Hello, Izmedu! Hello Mousiki! This is Doportedas Calling, the hosts of the 38th World Hit Festival! It has been a fantastic evening and we would like to take the time to congratulate RTI for hosting the first Semi Finals in such a long time. I would also like to give Ivan Sandic a massive round of applause for the growth of the contest!

Petra: Thank you! I'm very sure Ivan Sandic appreciates that, considering the squeeing I'm hearing in my ear-piece right now. Alright, let's get to it. The votes?

Younes Wright-Harel: Right, those points? Here they are...

Younes Wright-Harel: Our five points are going to go to...

CLEACA!

Younes Wright-Harel: Thank you for the brilliant evening, once again, good luck to Britonisea and all of the participants!

Petra: Thank you for the votes Younes and we wish good luck to Axis! Alright, two votes in and look at that top of the scoreboard. Todlichebujoku, you're up.

5 points: Cleaca
4 points: Izmedu
3 points: Christarnea
2 points: Antahbrantahstan
1 point: Mercedini

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

03/30: Todlichebujoku

Postby Izmedu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:20 pm

Petra: And now we have Todlichebujoku. Dobra vecer Stergo! ...Todlichebujoku? Oh dear I think we have another connection thing going on. Okay, here are their votes.

Petra: The Todlichebujoki 5 points goes to...

ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN!

Petra: Up next is Kalosia!

5 points: Antahbrantahstan
4 points: Todaskakys
3 points: Polkopia
2 points: Izmedu
1 point: Kalosia

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

04/30: Kalosia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:30 pm

Petra: Now we turn to the votes from Kalosia! Dobra vecer Monterra and good evening to Montereu, who last competed in the 66th WorldVision Song Contest. Do you have the Kalosian votes for us?

Eva Rodriguez: Bonë serë Izmežu and good evening Mousiki! This is Monterra calling. We indeed do have the Kalosian votes.

Karla Botini: There have been plenty of great songs tonight but we have a result.

Rosa Giľaume: The Kalosian five points tonight goes to...

IZMEDU!

Petra: Thank you Kalosia for the votes!

Eva Rodriguez: Of course! Good night Izmedu and good luck to every competing nation!

5 points: Izmedu
3 points: Ethane
2 points: Saintrabina
1 point: Britonisea

Last edited by Izmedu on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

05/30: Mercedini

Postby Izmedu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 pm

Petra: Now we say good evening to a former World Hit Festival winner. Dobra vecer Mercedini and good evening Zoloroni. Hello Daniel, do you have the Mercedinian votes?

Daniel Alishkaerni: Good evening multiverse and good evening to all of you in Mousiki, this is Zoloroni calling! It's great to be back to present the points, thank you for an amazing show, you certainly made music in in Mousiki tonight! All that's left is for me to reveal the Mercedinian points...

Daniel Alishkaerni: Our 5 points goes to...

ESTOGIUM!

Petra: Whoa! Thank you Daniel and thank you Mercedini for the votes! Okay, now we're going to Flegavia, most specifically Artsakhestan, for our next vote.

5 points: Estogium
4 points: Polkopia
3 points: Todaskakys
2 points: Ethane

Last edited by Izmedu on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

06/30: Artsakhestan

Postby Izmedu » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:00 pm

Petra: Okay, here's Artsakhestan. Dobra vecer Stepanarvashat and good evening Anushik. Do you have the votes for us?

Anushik Ter-Hovsepyan: Bari yereko ashkharkhë! Good evening multiverse! This is Stepanarvashat calling!

Massive crowd cheer from behind her, she's in the Main Square of Stepanarvashat with a lot of people watching the WHF Final

Anushik Ter-Hovsepyan: We are a little bit sad that we have missed the final but this just gave us more motivation to come back stronger than ever in the next World Hit Festival and finally bring the crown to Artsakhestan!

Crowd cheers again

Anushik Ter-Hovsepyan: Without further ado, let's move on to the points. How is it that we still have three nations at nul points when all fifteen songs tonight were amazing?

Anushik Ter-Hovsepyan: And our five points go to...

EUSKIRRIBAKONDARA!

Petra: Thank you for the votes Anushik! Things are only getting more intense and of course, we have the host nation up for you next!

5 points: Euskirribakondara
3 points: Izmedu
2 points: Estogium

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

07/30: Izmedu

Postby Izmedu » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:10 pm

Petra: We turn to a nation that's certainly to be familiar with us all. It's Izmedu! My oh my who do we have, it's Irena Ratkovic. Dobra vecer Mousiki from Mousiki, I know you're probably just a block away.

Irena Ratkovic: Dobra vecer! This is Mousiki calling with the Izmeduan vote and a massive crowd behind me. It's been a wild ride to get to the final. Let me tell you, how I wish I was in your spot right now. There's a reason why you're the Izmeduan hostess, Petra.

Petra: Oh Irena you! Maybe if Gralicna hosts again? Anyway, the points!

Irena Ratkovic: Of course, here they are.

Irena Ratkovic: The five points, pet bodova, go to...

BRITONISEA!

Irena Ratkovic: Congratulations and have a safe night Mousiki!

Petra: Thank you Irena! Alright, up next is another host. Last edition's hosts, Darkmania!

5 points: Britonisea
4 points: Euskirribakondara
3 points: Todaskakys
2 points: Kalosia
1 point: Polkopia

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

08/30: Darkmania

Postby Izmedu » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:20 pm

Petra: And now to last year's host, Darkmania. God kveld, Darkmania. May we have your points please?

Jërn Trÿsnarnär: (Wearing his iconic hot-dog costume) Mi kauč je jeli el kaktus i to je sranje le mačke! (My sofa ate the cactus and is pooping cats). This is Örkemdrem calling. A…

Petra: Er… I’m really sorry to interrupt, but I see your language needs to be improved a bit. I'm not sure that's proper Izmeduan. Also, nice costume.

Jërn Trÿsnarnär: Thank you. As you all know, it’s the wiener that takes it all.

(Queue Laugh track)

Jërn Trÿsnarnär: Anyway, this is Örkemdrem calling. Ne mogu naći mi lat iznutra maja orakla! (I cannot find my bed inside my ear). That’s means “what an amazing show”. I see you too having fun. It’s a shame Darkmania didn’t qualify. But alest our message of not killing yourself was heard.

Petra: (is looking more disturbed) Jërn that is not good Izmeduan still. Please tell me you're gonna get at least one good sentence from Izmeduan... Then again knowing the laughing Izmeduans I'm seeing they'd prefer this.

Jërn Trÿsnarnär: Sorry. What do you expect from this stupid forum post in this forum thread?

Petra: Err… What is this “forum” you're talking about? Also, where are your points?

Jërn Trÿsnarnär: Here. We give our fiver to………

MERCEDINI!

Petra: Thank you!

Jërn Trÿsnarnär: Mi klavir krade tvoj auto? (Does my piano steal your car?) No problems.

Petra: Oh dear lord I need a raise... It's Fromulya next!

5 points: Mercedini
3 points: Adab
2 points: Izmedu
1 point: Todaskakys

Last edited by Izmedu on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

09/30: Fromulya

Postby Izmedu » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:30 pm

Petra: Now we turn to Fromulya with Fitri Anulawati! Dobra vecer Fromulya, may we have your votes please?

Fitri Anulawati: Selamat malam and good evening Mousiki! Here are the results of the Fromulyan vote.

Fitri Anulawati: Our five points goes to...

ANTAHBRAHTANSTAN!

Petra: Thank you Fromulya! Up next is Polkopia.

5 points: Antahbrantahstan
4 points: Adab
3 points: Ethane
2 points: Mercedini
1 point: Natanya

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

10/30: Polkopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Petra: Now we turn to Polkopia! Dobra vecer Polkopia?... Polkopia? Signal got interrupted at the last minute but I got their votes on my end. Alright, let's see how Polkopia voted.

Petra: The Polkopian 5 points go to...

ETHANE!

Petra: Okay, we're approaching halftime. 150 out of 450 points have been revealed. Up next is Ethane.

5 points: Ethane
4 points: Mercedini
3 points: Saintrabina
2 points: Kalosia
1 point: Izmedu

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

11/30: Ethane

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:00 pm

Petra: Alright, up next is Ethane. Dobra vecer Ethane! Ethane?... Another blown signal, you've got to be kidding... Alright, I got their votes. Here are their initial points.

Petra: The Ethanian 5 points goes to...

EUSKIRRIBAKONDARA!

Petra: Up next is Cleaca!

5 points: Euskirribakondara
4 points: Izmedu
3 points: Christarnea
1 point: Britonisea

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

12/30: Cleaca

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:10 pm

Petra: Dobra vecer Cleaca! Good evening Aryan, may we have the votes please?

Aryan Enometua: Good evening Mousiki, Cleaca calling. Here's our results.

Aryan Enometua: Our 5 points tonight go to...

ESTOGIUM!

Petra: Thank you Aryan and thank you Cleaca! Our next voter is Adab.

5 points: Estogium
2 points: Mercedini
1 point: Polkopia

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

13/30: Adab

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Petra: Dobra vecer Adab and good evening Arman! Do you have the Adabian votes for us?

Arman Lathif: Good night world! It's great to see everyone here. This is Adab calling and we are proud to announce that we now have the voting results.

Arman Lathif: The 5 points? Adab's 5 points go to...

TODASKAKYS!

Petra: Thank you for the votes Adab! Estogium, you're up next.

5 points: Todaskakys
4 points: Mercedini
1 point: Estogium

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

14/30: Estogium

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Petra: Dobra vecer Estogium and good evening James! Do you have the Estogian votes for us?

James Ellington: Hekki, Izmedu! Hello to the World Hit Festival! It is fantastic being back at the contest, presenting the votes for Estogium once again. It has been a good evening and I am ready to present the votes from Estogium!

James Ellington: Our five points are going to...

ETHANE!

James Ellington: Thanks for the hospitality, Izmedu!

Petra: Thank you for the votes and for being with us, Estogium! Up next is... Oh dear, Lactatia!

5 points: Ethane
4 points: Kalosia
3 points: Britonisea
2 points: Natanya
1 point: Euskirribakondara

Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

15/30: Lactatia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Petra: Oh dear... Dobra vecer Lactatia! ...Lactatia? Oh bless them. Here are their points.

Petra: Their 5 points goes to...

POLKOPIA!

Petra: It's half-time!

5 points: Polkopia
4 points: Natanya
3 points: Cleaca
2 points: Christarnea
1 point: Antahbrantahstan

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Halftime

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:08 pm

The voting presentation paused here for a second as Petra visibly paused after she announced that it was half-time. The camera panned to the audience quickly as the camera then returned back to Petra.

Petra: Alright, can we have the standings?

At the halftime scoreboard's appearance, the home crowd were going wild seeing their nation currently in the lead. Of course, they were well-aware that changes to the scoreboard well and definitely could happen. For now, they would celebrate being this high up on the leaderboard. Of course, there is definitely strong competition in the midst. Todaskakys were only 3 points behind and Britonisea was there finishing in the top 3. That's also not considering how the rest of the nations could easily turn things around with a series of 4s and 5s. It was all still to play for.

Petra: With 225 out of 450 points revealed, we have Izmedu in first with 27 points! Followed by Todaskakys at 24 and 2nd, then Britonisea rounding out the top 3 with 22 points. It's a very tight race so far.

Petra: Of course, I'd certainly like to hear some words from these leading nations right now. Alright, we got cameras on the green room.

The camera was beginning to look for the host nation's delegation. In not too long, Zoran's shy self was now on screen, looking almost frightened to be in front of the cameras. A split screen camera feed was now then set up, with Zoran on one side, and Petra on another.

Petra: Hello there Zoran. Right now, and I know this is a little bit daunting to hear from the bug eyes you're showing, you're currently in the lead. I know there's a lot of emotions, calm down for me dear, how are you feeling right now?

Zoran Milos: Oh god I... (he was shaking his head here, looking very overwhelmed). I... I wasn't expecting this... I wasn't expecting this at all. I was just hoping to walk away with a decent result because I just wanted the emotions to come through, but this?... Thank you all so much.

The home crowd cheered for Zoran as he needed a few seconds to get it together.

Petra: What would you like to say to your fans?

Zoran Milos: All of you are my rock. Those who have been with me since the beginning, those who have been with me since Izmepisma, those who have been me since I was announced to be the entrant, everyone really... It's an honor to be here, truly. It's because of all of you that I'm here and it's because of all of you... I see the song that I poured every single emotion into fly high. Thank you all so much.

Petra: Thank you for those words, Zoran! Alright, now we turn to the current runners-up, Todaskakys. Synsekai, are you there?

PLACEHOLDER FOR TODASKAKYS

After the brief interview from Todaskakys, the camera crew were at work trying to find the Britonish delegation

Petra: Now we turn to Britonisea's Axis, who is currently third! Alright Axis, right now Britonisea is in 3rd place with 22 points. If you go home right now with this result, your country can hold its head high and go home with a great result. However, we have 15 nations left to reveal, so things could certainly change. I know you've had a very long journey to get here and I know there's a lot of emotions. How do you feel right now?

Axis: Well the World Hit Festival has been a very emotional process - from trying to get everything right to fully portraying- uh- conveying the meaning behind your song. I know the song itself is emotional, but actually physically getting here -to the final- was too. To think that I wrote myself off getting past the Semi Final to being third at the halfway time, it's fantastic. I'm happy I can keep up the healthy amount of points Britonisea has been recently receiving.

Petra: What would you like to say to your fans?

Axis: I would firstly just like to thank my Britonish fans. You know, I'm not as well known as people that have represented Britonisea in the past at World Hit Festival, but I think World Hit should be a platform for newer artists such as myself. Britonisea has totally accepted me and loved my song and that all that matters to me in the long run. To the wider community, they've just made me realise how much this song is perhaps relatable and I couldn't thank them more for helping me get through the Semi Finals...I am so, so, so grateful!

The crowd cheered in a massive show of support for Axis and her entry, who were certainly big favorites amongst the home crowd tonight given that the host nation gave Britonisea 5 points earlier.

Petra: Thank you for the brief interview, Axis! And thank you for bringing your song onto the World Hit Festival. Of course, now we have to get back to the voting reveal.

Petra: The voting is certainly far from over. 225 out of 450 points have been revealed but we have 225 points left to reveal. Things are only going to get more intense from here on out. Up next is Ascion!
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates