NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:38 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:I'm gone from now until Friday pretty much. Have fun everyone!

You too, Yaana! :)

(Okay everyone! Now that Yaana's gone, we can give Harley that surprise makeover we were talking about! :D )

(Just kidding...)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:44 pm

Nice post, PF! :) Awww...no steamer though, I'm so disappointed! :p

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:37 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Nice post, PF! :) Awww...no steamer though, I'm so disappointed! :p

Coming from absolute writer's block, I was happy with it.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Okay. I'll take maybe a day or two to scope out where the IC is going and I'll jump back in.
Is there a link to a character roster?
Last edited by Sterkistan on Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:14 pm

Bottom of page one.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:31 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:What's happened while I've been gone?

Welcome back, Pax! :D And yep, like Haedros said, lots of junk's been happening. Let's see...the mayor was assassinated and his death broadcast to all of Gotham, the new mayor called in the National Guard, the cops found out that Tim's Red Robin and arrested him along with Alfred and Steph, Bane crashed Wayne Manor and is currently in a fight with Batgirl, Whitesnake, Cooper and Huntress (yes, we have a Huntress now :P) and Carrie blew up the Batcave! :lol: And it's only Monday morning in the storyline! :lol:

@New Castillan- your guy is a DJ/musician, right? What if he had a benefit concert in Robinson Park? I'm sure with everything the people of Gotham are going through, they'd appreciate something like that. But as there is a curfew and a state of emergency, he would need permission from Harvey Bullock and GCPD would probably have to work out security which would be a nightmare with all those people. It could be a giant fundraiser as well just to give any supervillains something to steal. ;) Not saying that the concert would be a definite, it's just an idea.

And Sterk! Welcome back! Of course Nightwing is still available, just jump back in anytime! :D

That's alot, but fortunately it doesn't affect me too much, I don't think. I'll do a timeskip though.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:56 pm

Sterkistan wrote:Okay. I'll take maybe a day or two to scope out where the IC is going and I'll jump back in.
Is there a link to a character roster?

You know what would be cool? Right now all these aspiring heroes are gonna assemble a team hosted by Green Arrow to fight Bane after (presumably) he captures/breaks Batgirl. When they start fighting Bane’s terrorism, its planned that Batman will return to guide them. Then I think Haedros wants Bane to break the bat. This will leave the new Disciples discouraged and hopeless. Along comes Nightwing, who’s returned from Bludhaven, to give the heroes new hope and help them.

Obviously, it won’t turn out exactly like this because it’s an RP not a fanfic, but I think it sounds like an interesting direction for the story.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:52 am

AWESOME posts, Headros, Freedom and Fronket! And Maggie's the new chief! I guess getting your butt kicked by Bane does have its rewards! :lol:

And posted for Babs and Lydia!

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:11 pm

That was a really great post, Lic! :) I LOVE Huntress! And your idea about Nightwing leading the Disciples is a good one too although not sure how Babs feels about. Actually, I kinda do which should make for some interesting drama! :lol:

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:37 pm

Caleb’s probably going to go all hero mode and try to rescue Babs by himself and get absolutely crushed by Bane
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:37 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:That was a really great post, Lic! :) I LOVE Huntress! And your idea about Nightwing leading the Disciples is a good one too although not sure how Babs feels about. Actually, I kinda do which should make for some interesting drama! :lol:

Oh don’t worry, Barbara won’t be feeling anything soon enough :twisted:

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:46 pm

Yeah this'd probably be a good opportunity for Nightwing to rejoin the fray.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:01 pm

Time to post again

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Whalestron wrote:Oh don’t worry, Barbara won’t be feeling anything soon enough :twisted:

:shock:

Poor Cooper, I feel so bad for him... Great job on the post, Whales! :)

@Haedros- Yeah, Bane's gonna crush Caleb like a soda can. :lol:

@Sterk- With all the back and forth from Bludhaven to Gotham, Dick should get commuter miles or something! :p

@Freedom- Yay! Glad to see that case of writer's block clear up. ;)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Just read your latest post, Haedros. Nice. Just fyi, Babs is gonna remain unconscious until Bane finishes trussing her up or whatever so you don't need to wait for me before posting for Bane's again. ;)

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:23 pm

Cooper right now

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:24 pm

Now I know there's a rule against being Bruce Wayne Batman.

But nobody said anything about Dick Grayson Batman.

Just a thought, it might serve to scare the piss out of the current roster of villains.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:54 pm

Sterkistan wrote:Now I know there's a rule against being Bruce Wayne Batman.

Just a thought, it might serve to scare the piss out of the current roster of villains.

As the real Batman is coming back, Bruce finding Dick pretending to be him would definitely create some drama! :p

Julutth
Secretary

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Julutth » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:57 pm

Hero APP:
Name/Alias: Dinah Queen/Black Canary
Appearance:

Personality: Confident, Bold, Courageous, Independent, Outspoken, Responsible, Bossy, Slightly Arrogant
Faction: None, although she may join the Disciples
Race: Human
Backstory:
Dinah Queen has heroism in her blood. She is the daughter of billionaire anti-vigilante activist Oliver Queen, formerly known as the renowned hero “Green Arrow,” and her mother is Dinah Lance, the original Black Canary. Dinah was born with a genetic mutation that allows her to produce an ultrasonic scream capable of breaking non-metal objects, and seriously bending metals like iron. It can also incapacitate most human opponents for about five minutes. Dinah discovered this power as a child, and soon learned that her mother employed it in her escapades as Black Canary, a former government superspy who worked independently during Dinah’s childhood as a vigilante on Star City’s streets. Dinah’s mom personally trained the young girl in 11 martial arts, some relatively unknown. Her mother was forced to drop the Canary mantle after a freak accident in battle, leaving her in a wheelchair and unable to fight. 15-year old Dinah Queen donned her mom’s suit and left to fight crime in Gotham as Black Canary, against the will of her disillusioned father and worried mother. Dinah joined two other heroes to create the short-lived Birds of Prey which at the time included the Huntress and Batgirl. She maintained close relationships with both Barbara Gordon and Helena Bertinelli, although she has an especially close friendship with the young Helena Wayne.

However, just as she was beginning to feel content in Gotham, Dinah’s younger sister Sara informed her that their mom’s condition was worsening. Worried that she wouldn’t be able to say bye to the person she loved most, Dinah rushed back to Star City to care for her sick mother. In the meantime, she fought crime in Star City along with her younger sibling Sara Queen aka White Canary. She pleaded with her old father Oliver to return to Star City, but he refused as he was very involved in his anti-vigilante lobbying in Gotham and his business was growing in Gotham City. Eventually she’ll be forced to return to Gotham to help in the fight against Bane and to convince her father to provide them with the means to fight such a huge battle.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
- Prodigious hand-to-hand fighter: She’s mastered martial arts like Aikido Boxing, Capoeira, Hapkido, Judo, Jujutsu, Kung Fu, Krav Maga, Muay Thai, Shuri-Te, Taekwondo, and Wing Chun.
- Canary Cry: Her only superpower is her signature ultrasonic scream that she is capable of producing once every hour. It can be used to bend metal, break brick and wood, and incapacitate enemies for five minutes. She prefers to use it only in emergency situations and only against superpowered individuals, because it burns a lot of her energy when after she does the cry.
- Multilingual: As the daughter of a spy, Dinah has been taught fluency in English, French, Spanish, German, Arabic, Russian, Hindi, and Mandarin. She is near fluent in Japanese, Italian, Urdu, and Portuguese. She can also speak a bit of conversational Korean and Hungarian.
- Expert at Espionage: Dinah can walk almost silently, and is especially adept at stealing things. She’s also a very skilled hacker.
Weaknesses: Using her superpower, the Canary Cry, to its full extent makes her feel really tired and unable to fight, which is why she rarely uses it.
Skills: She’s convincing in conversation and she uses her natural charm to her advantage.
RP Examples: IC thread
Extra Information
Day Job: Mechanic
Living Place: Old family home in Star City
Voice Actor: Emma Stone
Likes/Dislikes: Likes reading, dislikes people who she thinks are more skilled than her.
Theme Song: None
Did you read the rules? Yes

The Mank
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mank » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:05 pm

Ok I’ll be ready to post soon as well. Glad Damian got rescued by Huntress from certain death in a pile of rubble. I’ll give him a bit of time before he wakes up in the Disciples’ custody.

Are you thinking what I’m thinking....

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:10 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:

As the real Batman is coming back, Bruce finding Dick pretending to be him would definitely create some drama! :p

I mean, Bruce has actually been preparing Dick to take up the cowl, that's really the whole point. So I doubt it'd cause drama.

The Mank wrote:Ok I’ll be ready to post soon as well. Glad Damian got rescued by Huntress from certain death in a pile of rubble. I’ll give him a bit of time before he wakes up in the Disciples’ custody.

Are you thinking what I’m thinking....

Oh yeah I'm feeling it.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:15 pm

Julutth wrote:Hero APP:
Name/Alias: Dinah Queen/Black Canary
Appearance:
Personality: Confident, Bold, Courageous, Independent, Outspoken, Responsible, Bossy, Slightly Arrogant
Faction: None, although she may join the Disciples
Race: Human
Backstory:
Dinah Queen has heroism in her blood. She is the daughter of billionaire anti-vigilante activist Oliver Queen, formerly known as the renowned hero “Green Arrow,” and her mother is Dinah Lance, the original Black Canary. Dinah was born with a genetic mutation that allows her to produce an ultrasonic scream capable of breaking non-metal objects, and seriously bending metals like iron. It can also incapacitate most human opponents for about five minutes. Dinah discovered this power as a child, and soon learned that her mother employed it in her escapades as Black Canary, a former government superspy who worked independently during Dinah’s childhood as a vigilante on Star City’s streets. Dinah’s mom personally trained the young girl in 11 martial arts, some relatively unknown. Her mother was forced to drop the Canary mantle after a freak accident in battle, leaving her in a wheelchair and unable to fight. 15-year old Dinah Queen donned her mom’s suit and left to fight crime in Gotham as Black Canary, against the will of her disillusioned father and worried mother. Dinah joined two other heroes to create the short-lived Birds of Prey which at the time included the Huntress and Batgirl. She maintained close relationships with both Barbara Gordon and Helena Bertinelli, although she has an especially close friendship with the young Helena Wayne.

However, just as she was beginning to feel content in Gotham, Dinah’s younger sister Sara informed her that their mom’s condition was worsening. Worried that she wouldn’t be able to say bye to the person she loved most, Dinah rushed back to Star City to care for her sick mother. In the meantime, she fought crime in Star City along with her younger sibling Sara Queen aka White Canary. She pleaded with her old father Oliver to return to Star City, but he refused as he was very involved in his anti-vigilante lobbying in Gotham and his business was growing in Gotham City. Eventually she’ll be forced to return to Gotham to help in the fight against Bane and to convince her father to provide them with the means to fight such a huge battle.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
- Prodigious hand-to-hand fighter: She’s mastered martial arts like Aikido Boxing, Capoeira, Hapkido, Judo, Jujutsu, Kung Fu, Krav Maga, Muay Thai, Shuri-Te, Taekwondo, and Wing Chun.
- Canary Cry: Her only superpower is her signature ultrasonic scream that she is capable of producing once every hour. It can be used to bend metal, break brick and wood, and incapacitate enemies for five minutes. She prefers to use it only in emergency situations and only against superpowered individuals, because it burns a lot of her energy when after she does the cry.
- Multilingual: As the daughter of a spy, Dinah has been taught fluency in English, French, Spanish, German, Arabic, Russian, Hindi, and Mandarin. She is near fluent in Japanese, Italian, Urdu, and Portuguese. She can also speak a bit of conversational Korean and Hungarian.
- Expert at Espionage: Dinah can walk almost silently, and is especially adept at stealing things. She’s also a very skilled hacker.
Weaknesses: Using her superpower, the Canary Cry, to its full extent makes her feel really tired and unable to fight, which is why she rarely uses it.
Skills: She’s convincing in conversation and she uses her natural charm to her advantage.
RP Examples: IC thread
Extra Information
Day Job: Mechanic
Living Place: Old family home in Star City
Voice Actor: Emma Stone
Likes/Dislikes: Likes reading, dislikes people who she thinks are more skilled than her.
Theme Song: None
Did you read the rules? Yes

APPROVED! :D

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:23 pm

Oooohhh...that's a nice post, PF. I wasn't planning to do another post tonight but I just might now after reading yours. ;)

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:31 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Oooohhh...that's a nice post, PF. I wasn't planning to do another post tonight but I just might now after reading yours. ;)

I feel honored.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Oooohhh...that's a nice post, PF. I wasn't planning to do another post tonight but I just might now after reading yours. ;)

I feel honored.

Your inspiration managed to conquer my laziness so it's my pleasure. :)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse