NATION

PASSWORD

A Duchess in the Desert (Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Kyrenaia
Senator
 
Posts: 3586
Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:32 pm

AHSCA wrote:"Very well said, Your Grace." Marcella agreed "Breakfast is very important to start off your day, whether a Duchess or a school child." They looked over the delightful spread of food laid out for them, it was just a question of what to start with. Well both girls naturally went for the tea. "Let's eat, thanks for the food" The sisters then chimed in unison. Marcella went with the flatbread first while Gisella started with the fruit. "Delightful."


The Sultana, buttering up a piece of flatbread, smiled at that.
"It indeed is. Directly from the farmers.", she explained, "With the Main Entrance Street open again, the farmers outside of town can move their produce into the city again, onto the Bazaars and into the local stores, if they haven't sold it to a food processing company already... or they get it all bought up by a large customer, like the Palace of the Azure Hall." She reached for a piece of cheese. "The truck with the spread you see before you arrived two hours ago. This is only a small part of it, as the majority is eaten by the staff of the Palace."
She smiled.
"Indeed, everyone eats the same.", she added, letting a beat pass, "Except vegans and vegetarians, but they can choose, if they insist."
RPing in MT and PT.

User avatar
AHSCA
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5643
Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby AHSCA » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:29 pm

"Oh such diets are nearly unheard of in the islands." Marcella replied "Frankly one would probably starve on such a diet in AHSCA. I mean one cannot live on rice and fruits alone."

"Mhm." Gisella muttered between bites of her fruit.

User avatar
Kyrenaia
Senator
 
Posts: 3586
Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:59 am

AHSCA wrote:"Oh such diets are nearly unheard of in the islands." Marcella replied "Frankly one would probably starve on such a diet in AHSCA. I mean one cannot live on rice and fruits alone."

"Mhm." Gisella muttered between bites of her fruit.


"My thoughts exactly!", the Sultana agreed with a smile, "Important proteins, vitamins and other such things need to be consumed and additives don't always cut it! Especially for a growing child..." She looked at Gisella at that. "...that is very important."
She let a beat pass as she fixed a slice of cheese to her bread.
"That she may become strong, tall and beautiful.", she added and took a bite.
RPing in MT and PT.

User avatar
AHSCA
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5643
Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby AHSCA » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:33 pm

"We truly think alike." Marcella cheerfully replied and sipped some tea "Though I see you so much like a potential mentor for me. Mother has taught me so much about running AHSCA and I couldn't be where I am without her great guidance but she largely kept the isolationist sentiment that lingered in the aftermath of the war. So in the world of international politics I'm still green. I feel like you'll teach me plenty."

User avatar
Kyrenaia
Senator
 
Posts: 3586
Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kyrenaia » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:42 am

AHSCA wrote:"We truly think alike." Marcella cheerfully replied and sipped some tea "Though I see you so much like a potential mentor for me. Mother has taught me so much about running AHSCA and I couldn't be where I am without her great guidance but she largely kept the isolationist sentiment that lingered in the aftermath of the war. So in the world of international politics I'm still green. I feel like you'll teach me plenty."


The Sultana blushed, heavily, but finished chewing her bite and swallowed before she replied.
"I feel honoured by your words, Marcella-Khana, and it would indeed be my pleasure to mentor you a bit.", she said and smiled a slight bit dangerously. "But keep in mind, that I am a harsh teacher. Ask Ilia, Rasha, Damir and, of course, Aurelia, and they will all tell you, that I am a harsh person to learn from." She let a beat pass. In Kyrenaia, it was believed, that a harsh teacher was better then a lax one, for he or she made sure, that his or her students learned well and without problems - but even amongst harsh Kyrenaian teachers, the Sultana was known as especially harsh. "Still interested?"
RPing in MT and PT.

User avatar
AHSCA
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5643
Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby AHSCA » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:49 am

"I expect nothing less of a good instructor. A tough instructor is just what I'll need to make sure I'm ready for the big wide world of global politics. I feel you will guide me and help me be a better leader."

"Absolutely." Gisella agreed

User avatar
Kyrenaia
Senator
 
Posts: 3586
Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kyrenaia » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:24 pm

AHSCA wrote:"I expect nothing less of a good instructor. A tough instructor is just what I'll need to make sure I'm ready for the big wide world of global politics. I feel you will guide me and help me be a better leader."

"Absolutely." Gisella agreed


The Sultana blushed even more, looking down.
"I admit, that your words honour me.", she said, "Indeed, they might honour me too much..." She snorted in amusement. "I can give you a few pointers. Our respective ways of approaching things might not be compatible to each other, but I have a lot of advice for you, if you are willing to listen."
She smiled slightly, looking to Gisella, but not seeing her.
"Of my three children, two have refused to walk the ways of international politics, to learn from me, rather preferring to learn the ways of the sword. Politics by other means, as someone once wrote.", she said, "One wanted to serve the Sultanate, learn in his own way. They are all splendid children, don't get me wrong, and my grandchildren make me proud every day I lay my eyes upon them, but... none of them wanted to learn from me."
She looked back to Marcella.
"Indeed, you are honouring me too much."
RPing in MT and PT.

User avatar
AHSCA
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5643
Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby AHSCA » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:28 pm

"That is true, I may not see eye to eye with you on everything. But I don't even see eye to eye with my mother and have done things differently from her politics. What's important is that I want to learn from someone wise. I really do mean this, I'm not just buttering you up, I have really gained respect for you just from our time talking. You've been so welcoming to my little sister and I and have pledge so much support to our little islands for little in return, least I can do is learn a little more from you."

User avatar
Kyrenaia
Senator
 
Posts: 3586
Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kyrenaia » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:14 pm

AHSCA wrote:"That is true, I may not see eye to eye with you on everything. But I don't even see eye to eye with my mother and have done things differently from her politics. What's important is that I want to learn from someone wise. I really do mean this, I'm not just buttering you up, I have really gained respect for you just from our time talking. You've been so welcoming to my little sister and I and have pledge so much support to our little islands for little in return, least I can do is learn a little more from you."


The Sultana was silent for a long, long time.
Then she spoke: "Very well.", she said and nodded, "I will teach you, Marcella-Khana, if you want to listen to an old woman's advice." She smiled slightly, looking to Gisella. "I believe, that you have already heard this certain piece of advice, Young Desert Mouse, but... those are wise words, given to me by a man, who was once wiser then al-Zahir, who is far wiser then I am."
She let a beat pass.
"Never be cruel, never be cowardly...", she recited, "And never-ever eat pears." She smiled slightly at that. "Remember, hate is always foolish and love is always wise. And... always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."
RPing in MT and PT.

User avatar
AHSCA
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5643
Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby AHSCA » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:16 pm

"Never eat pears you say? Okay." She nodded. "Right, good to be kind and not cruel, be fair and balanced in everything. Yes yes, very good advice."

User avatar
Kyrenaia
Senator
 
Posts: 3586
Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kyrenaia » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:23 pm

AHSCA wrote:"Never eat pears you say? Okay." She nodded. "Right, good to be kind and not cruel, be fair and balanced in everything. Yes yes, very good advice."


"This piece of advice was given to me, when I was younger then you are.", the Sultana said with a small smile, "By a certain Ilkhan Aaron, who always said that, when he was asked for advice, for he is the oldest amongst us. Nowadays, he's a senile old man, but I rever him as my first mentor."
She let a beat pass.
"He lived by this. When Va'a Mamao became independent in 1929, they killed every Kyrenaian they could get their hands on - yet, when famine struck in 1965, he turned away from his hate and the cruelty of our relations, which had seen some incidents between that and independence... and shipped food there. Entire shiploads.", she explained, "And when asked about the why, he said, that a famine was not the time to look at differences."
RPing in MT and PT.

User avatar
AHSCA
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5643
Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby AHSCA » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:26 pm

"Wow, that's such a lovely story. I can see why you revere him so much. Not many would have it in them to put that aside for a better cause. It's no wonder you are the same way."

User avatar
Kyrenaia
Senator
 
Posts: 3586
Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:46 am

AHSCA wrote:"Wow, that's such a lovely story. I can see why you revere him so much. Not many would have it in them to put that aside for a better cause. It's no wonder you are the same way."


"Indeed, that is one of the many reasons.", the Sultana replied with a small smile before she leaned forward: "Amongst us, I was very inclined to listen to him as a young woman - I crushed on him hard. Imagine a man looking a lot like Sean Connery when he played Doctor Henry Jones Senior and with a wit more then matching both Jones combined!"
She grinned as she leaned back.
"Yes, those were the days...", she said and sighed, "One day, you'll hear yourself speak that way as well, so second advice - never forget, that you can do whatever you want, but time will fly in front of your eyes."
RPing in MT and PT.

User avatar
AHSCA
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5643
Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby AHSCA » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:00 am

The references were lost on Marcella but she still understood what the Sultana was saying about her crush; she could relate. Her nostalgic tone did say it all. "You're right, very right."

User avatar
Kyrenaia
Senator
 
Posts: 3586
Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:31 am

AHSCA wrote:The references were lost on Marcella but she still understood what the Sultana was saying about her crush; she could relate. Her nostalgic tone did say it all. "You're right, very right."


Having finished buttering up her bread, the Sultana added.
"That being said, although time will fly and you will get older, you can still be a woman. Look out for your beauty, for it is always a good asset to have." She let a beat pass. "And don't forget to relax every once in a while. A good bit of pampering or a day or two, when you simply are only available in case of nuclear war, does wonders for mind and body."
A beat passed.
"And when you are pregnant, listen to the Doctors.", she added.
RPing in MT and PT.

User avatar
AHSCA
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5643
Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby AHSCA » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:34 am

Marcella's face flushed red at the thought she too could carry a child regardless of where her heart would go she always did think about it. "M-m-m-e? P-p-pregnant? Aaha yeah one day right?"

"Aw you'd be a great mama, sis! You take care of me plenty good!" Gisella assured her.

User avatar
Kyrenaia
Senator
 
Posts: 3586
Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:44 am

AHSCA wrote:Marcella's face flushed red at the thought she too could carry a child regardless of where her heart would go she always did think about it. "M-m-m-e? P-p-pregnant? Aaha yeah one day right?"

"Aw you'd be a great mama, sis! You take care of me plenty good!" Gisella assured her.


"Indeed.", the Sultana said, smiling at Gisella, then at Marcella, "Both of you will one day carry a child, maybe more. Call me old-fashioned, but if we don't, the guys most certainly won't get off their rear ends, those lazy sods." She let a beat pass. "But one day, not today, maybe not even tomorrow or next year."
She sighed.
"My mother told me the same, when I was barely older then you are, Gisella, including advice, that not every man, who seems charming enough, is a good father.", she added.
RPing in MT and PT.

User avatar
AHSCA
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5643
Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby AHSCA » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:59 am

"Well yes, I guess one day we're going to be both mamas ourselves." Marcella agreed with her sister

"Well we had the best!"

"We sure did."

"Yeah, charm isn't everything." Gisella added "Our father isn't native to the islands you know. He had to sacrifice a lot to marry our mother but he did it because he loved her."

"And here we are today, two of the Villa sisters!"

User avatar
Kyrenaia
Senator
 
Posts: 3586
Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:05 am

AHSCA wrote:"Well yes, I guess one day we're going to be both mamas ourselves." Marcella agreed with her sister

"Well we had the best!"

"We sure did."

"Yeah, charm isn't everything." Gisella added "Our father isn't native to the islands you know. He had to sacrifice a lot to marry our mother but he did it because he loved her."

"And here we are today, two of the Villa sisters!"


"My husband was not of appropriate descent, as they griped upon our marriage, but neither of us cared. They don't say it for nothing, that love can move mountains.", the Sultana agreed with a nod. "And look at us today..."
She let a beat pass.
"An important part of the Self-View of a Kyrenaian Noble is, that he or she is Daughter of the Land and Mother to Her People. Well, in the female case.", she added a bit sheepish, "It is not only for show, but also an important reminder, that we are to nurture our people and watch them grow, much like a mother does."
RPing in MT and PT.

User avatar
AHSCA
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5643
Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby AHSCA » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:08 am

"Well then, I think this calls for a toast" Marcella held her teacup up "To love, marriage and motherhood."

"Here here"

User avatar
Kyrenaia
Senator
 
Posts: 3586
Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:31 am

AHSCA wrote:"Well then, I think this calls for a toast" Marcella held her teacup up "To love, marriage and motherhood."

"Here here"


The Sultana raised her teacup.
"Here, here.", she agreed, clinked her cup with those of the others, took a sip and placed it down. "There's nothing more fulfilling then motherhood, if you ask me. Be it a nation or the own flesh and blood, seeing something rise is the most fulfilling, frustrating, exhilarating experience someone can have."
She let a beat pass, looking behind her two guests.
"Ah, the newspapers are here!", she said with a smile, "Now, English Releases for you two, of course, but what do you prefer - something serious or non-serious or yellow press gossip rags?"
RPing in MT and PT.

User avatar
AHSCA
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5643
Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby AHSCA » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:35 am

"Well I might as well get it over with, hand me what the gossip rags are saying about me." Marcella sighed a bit extending her hand to be given a paper.

"You really think they're gonna say that much about you?" Gisella asked

"Visiting foreign national, I'd be shocked if they didn't." Marcella replied

"Well I'll start with something just normal serious." Gisella requested.

User avatar
Kyrenaia
Senator
 
Posts: 3586
Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:15 am

AHSCA wrote:"Well I might as well get it over with, hand me what the gossip rags are saying about me." Marcella sighed a bit extending her hand to be given a paper.

"You really think they're gonna say that much about you?" Gisella asked

"Visiting foreign national, I'd be shocked if they didn't." Marcella replied

"Well I'll start with something just normal serious." Gisella requested.


The Sultana smiled, rummaged through the newspapers brought in by a butler and pulled a paper out.
"Here you go - Utica Times.", she said as she handed the thick, serious paper to Gisella. On the cover was, of course, a photograph of Gisella and Marcella, during their carriage ride with Dschamilla, the tail ends of the escort commanders' horses visible at the edge. UIS-Duchess and Princess visit Utica was the headline, with a rather long article detailling what had happened in the morning of the last day, how they were received and what had been said by whom, mostly Kyrenaian Officials. Reading further into the newspaper would reveal, that pages 2 and 3 were full with articles about Marcella, Gisella, the UIS and the diplomatic relations, as well as a rolling commentary about what had happened. After that, it was about International News, Kyrenaian News, a feuilleton with a book review by a certain Princess Fadia bint-Dardan, a Sciences Section, Economy, Sports and so on.
"For you, Marcella-Khana, the bottom of the barrel.", the Sultana said as she handed her a slim paper proudly proclaiming its name as Sun's Review, "Working upwards will be fun! And for me, the Kyrenaian Edition of the Utica Times."
And indeed, the Sun's Review was the bottom of the barrel. On the cover was not Marcella... but Gisella. Yesterday evening, in the White Rose Garden, as Soraya had stared her down. It was not exactly the best angle of both girls, but one recognized them both easily.
The headline accompanying it was Prince Mahmut's Trysts continue - this time, with failure!
The corresponding article was... not flattering.
UTICA - Yesterday, Kyrenaia celebrated the arrival of Duchess Marcella Villa of the UIS and her adorable little sister, Princess Gisella Villa. After Introduction at Court and corresponding activities, the pair of visitors was left to prepare for the Ball in the Evening, a State Ball being a well-established tradition.
If pre-arranged or not is unknown, Prince Mahmut ibn-Idris, the Exiled Prince of Sarepta, was placed in charge of escorting Princess Gisella, while Duchess Marcella was attending with Crown Prince Ilia, who had to leave a short time later due to an emergency. The Sun's Review has trustworthy reports, that Duchess Marcella and Princess Aurelia, the Runt-Princess, danced together to Cheek to Cheek, the Sultana apparently approving of their behaviour.
Normally, the Sun's Review would spent more time on looking into the newest lesbian escapades of the Half-Selkie Princess, but at the same time as Princess Aurelia and Duchess Marcella, as well as Crown Prince Ilia were unavailable, Prince Mahmut and Princess Gisella had a little tryst planned.
In one of the gardens, while her older sister was securing the support of the Royal Kyrenaian Navy with her greatest asset, Princess Gisella and Prince Mahmut met for a cuppa tea with Prince Mahmut's personal handmaiden Miss Bayd and his Sand Wolf Awwa, but their meeting was disturbed by an alienated lover of the Prince, Miss Soraya Geal, who had appeared several times before in this paper. Persistant rumours say, that the good Prince and the daughter of a Lieutenant Commander of the RKN have a pair of twins.
After what appears to be a fight between Prince Mahmut and Miss Geal, the Prince unsuccessfully tried to salvage the tryst with Princess Gisella, before they both retreated, Miss Bayd escorting Princess Gisella to her quarters. As if that was not enough trysting for one evening, though, the Exiled Prince met Miss Geal again, in his quarters.
What they did there can only be speculated, our source was silent on that part. She did, however, apparently spent the night with Prince Mahmut.
It appears, as if Prince Mahmut did not only learn how to dance from Prince Damir, but also his skills in wooing women, having inherited them from his teacher, to whom he looks so similar (we already reported on the persistant rumours concerning Prince Mahmut's Father). However, it also appears as if the young Prince has still much to learn.
ACDC.

Reading between the lines would only serve to enrage.
RPing in MT and PT.

User avatar
AHSCA
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5643
Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby AHSCA » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:36 am

Marcella did feel a bit annoyed but she did ask for the gossip rag first. Such paltry trash. she thought to herself. She read it over a couple more times. "Well I can already say the article is foolish, they deemed Gisella adorable, when clearly I'm the more adorable one." She teased

"Aw you're so mean!" Gisella gave a light tap on her sister's shoulder. "But really sis, are you okay? I mean it looks like they may have said some harsh things."

"Just stuff of nonsense. Just comes with the territory. Besides that I doubt this particular story will get picked up by other news outlets, it screams of gossipy journalism. if anything I'm worried about you, they did mention you might have had a rough night?"

"Oh that, I really didn't get a chance to tell you because you got back so late and before I knew it we've been whisked here. But how did they know that, did they bug the garden or something?"

User avatar
Kyrenaia
Senator
 
Posts: 3586
Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:45 am

AHSCA wrote:Marcella did feel a bit annoyed but she did ask for the gossip rag first. Such paltry trash. she thought to herself. She read it over a couple more times. "Well I can already say the article is foolish, they deemed Gisella adorable, when clearly I'm the more adorable one." She teased

"Aw you're so mean!" Gisella gave a light tap on her sister's shoulder. "But really sis, are you okay? I mean it looks like they may have said some harsh things."

"Just stuff of nonsense. Just comes with the territory. Besides that I doubt this particular story will get picked up by other news outlets, it screams of gossipy journalism. if anything I'm worried about you, they did mention you might have had a rough night?"

"Oh that, I really didn't get a chance to tell you because you got back so late and before I knew it we've been whisked here. But how did they know that, did they bug the garden or something?"


The Sultana looked up from her own paper.
"I'd be more interested in how they got that photograph.", the Sultana said and turned to one of her Handmaidens. "Please fetch me Captain al-Tabar, we might have a situation." The Handmaiden nodded and was off. "Don't worry. It'll be dealt with. In the meantime, just know, that no one in these Halls is going to think anything less of you due to this article. That means both of you."
She exhaled.
"I wouldn't be so quick to shrug them off, however. The Sun's Review has a lot of readers. And a lot of those readers are very much inclined to believe and to talk about it." She let a beat pass. "More readers, sadly, then the Utica Times. I don't want to be in Mahmut's skin right now. Or in Miss Geal's."
RPing in MT and PT.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GreatOceania

Advertisement

Remove ads