NATION

PASSWORD

Fates And Futures [OOC | Signups Closed | Arc 2.5!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Batavia » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:01 pm

PLAYER CHARACTER APPLICATION

VITALS

Name: Lars Hendriksen
Nickname/Alias: Dragonborne
Appearance:
Reddish-Brown short hair, Orange-yellow eyes, beige skin colour. When he is in his "Superhero" attire he wears a Black hoodie with a Orange coloured western dragon printed on the back, dark trousers, dark brown boots, a black lower face ski mask with teeth on them, orange shoulder and knee pads and black fingless gloves with dark orange knuckles

Build: Semi-musculair, 6 foot 3 inches tall, 183 lbs.

Primary Ability: Fire Manipulation: Lars or 'Dragonborne' is able to create and control fire with his hands, feet and even his mouth. He can engulf his fists and feet with flames and can also use swipe-like as means of melee attacks. For ranged combat he can create fireballs, flamethrowers, bursts, etc. Not only can Lars use fire for fighting but also to burn down objects simply by touching them as a way of removing obstacles. 'Dragonborne' can not be hurt by his own flames.

Other Abilities:
Superhuman Speed: Lars is able to run way faster than a normal human would and even some meta-humans would. However, he is in no way the Flash and can only run at a top speed of 85 kilometers per hour (Approximately 53 miles per hour) and he still prefers to go lower than that.

Phenomenal Agility: 'Dragonborne' is able to move extremely fluent around his environment. Combined with his amazing speed, he has little to no problem dodging enemy attacks and using parkour as a means of transportation. (Atleast, on paper that is)

Power Drawbacks: His firepowers can be weakend by large quantities of water or temperatures below minus 35 degrees Celsius. Despite his great speed and agility, Lars still hasn't fully mastered his movements yet and painfully messes up occationally, especially under stress. He also still has to deal with the human weakness of limited stamina.

Equipment: "Why would I need that when I can burn down an entire forest with my bare hands?"

DETAILS

Nationality: Dutch
Hometown: Zoetermeer, South Holland
Sexuality: Bisexual (mostly leaning towards Heterosexual)

Biggest Flaw: When Lars is angry he completely loses his self-control. He Always tries his best to keep his cool but still has trouble with it. He gets provoked by the sight of someone doing something inhumane/cruel to someone who is weaker to them or to one Lars' friends/loved ones, or being constantly mocked. He also has trouble with staying stealthy and can easily alert hostiles.
Main Skills: Due to his power and speed, Lars can serve the roles of both a front-line damage deal and scout.

Personality: Lars is a confident and playful individual with a good sense of humor. He tends to act like nothing really matters and often makes sarcastic or snarky comments about others or about the situatation. He often tries to act cool when he is around his peers, even though he is full of fire (no pun intended) and sometimes his confidence seems like arrogance to other people. Despite this, he is still pretty intelligent and knows when he has to be serious. He also has a noble side: he has a strong sense of justice and is very loyal to those he cares about.

Biography: Lars was just an ordinary child who lived with only his mother and although he didn't live a very wealthy life, it was still nothing unusual. That was untill he had a 'Fever' at the age of 13, which for some unexplainable reason turned his sky-blue eyes into yellowish-orange eyes. Well, it turned it wasn't a cold and that he had become a meta-human with the ability to manipulate fire. From that moment Lars seemed to stop caring about school, as was shown by his grades. In reality, though, Lars had donned the mask of of the vigilante 'Dragonborne', starting off with small street crime but eventually went after gangs and other criminal organizations from all over the province, making a name for himself in Dutch media. To protect both his mother and his identity, he purposely got himself kicked out of school and left his mother's home at the age of 16.

Recently, the police had finally manage to catch Dragonborne and he was found guilty of multiple charges of Vigilantism, Assault, Pyromancy and Murder. Luckily for him, the Sydicate had been following his moves for a while now and saw his potential, promising that the court would drop all charges in exchange that he becomes a member of the Future's Program, which he happily agreed to. Aside from a few criminals, Lars has never interacted with other meta-humans before this point.

#HLApp

There it is. I spendt several hours making this app. If I need to change anything, let me know.
Last edited by The Batavia on Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:03 pm

If it's possible, can Jim have the final spot on the mission?

EDIT: Nevermind, already taken up.
Last edited by Segral on Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yea bro idk

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:28 pm

So, Dyelli Beybi, on discord we have come up with a plan for the Fight Club mission. I'm going to run it passed you, so feel free to give your opinion.

Basically, we are going to split up into two groups.

Group one will be Nev, Admina and Phillip. Nev will be posing as someone looking to sell a prospective fighter to Mogul. He will be accompanied by Philipp, acting as Nev's bodyguard, and the prospective fighter will be played by Admina. They will also be accompanied by one of Gabriella's projections for the purpose of gathering information and relaying it back to group two. The plan is for Nev to get a meeting with Mogul, so that they can apprehend him without going loud. When shit does hit the fan though, Philipp and Admina should be able to protect Nev.

Group two will be JJ, Anita and Gabriella (well, the three of them). Group two will be responsible for providing back up when shit does hit the fan, as such they will be waiting outside the building.

So that's the plan. What are your thoughts?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:33 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:So, Dyelli Beybi, on discord we have come up with a plan for the Fight Club mission. I'm going to run it passed you, so feel free to give your opinion.

Group one will be Nev, Admina and Phillip. Nev will be posing as someone looking to sell a prospective fighter to Mogul. He will be accompanied by Philipp, acting as Nev's bodyguard, and the prospective fighter will be played by Admina. They will also be accompanied by one of Gabriella's projections for the purpose of gathering information and relaying it back to group two. The plan is for Nev to get a meeting with Mogul, so that they can apprehend him without going loud. When shit does hit the fan though, Philipp and Admina should be able to protect Nev.

Group two will be JJ, Anita and Gabriella (well, the three of them). Group two will be responsible for providing back up when shit does hit the fan, as such they will be waiting outside the building.

JJ is going to be pretty useless as backup (she doesn't really have much in the way of straight combat skills). Her main ability is shapeshifting, and she has a hidden weapon (blade in her arm). If you want her to be useful, put her in a position where she might get the drop on someone. Possibly impersonating a gambler or a guard?

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:27 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:snip

Accepted.
The Batavia wrote:snip

You need to nerf the powers a bit to be less versatile. You can't control fire, have enhanced speed and agility, and have increased toughness all at the same time without a big downside.
don't tread on me

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:34 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:So, Dyelli Beybi, on discord we have come up with a plan for the Fight Club mission. I'm going to run it passed you, so feel free to give your opinion.

Seems good to me.
Luckily, Philipp with his suit and helmet on can look like a extremely convincing guard.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:43 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:

JJ is going to be pretty useless as backup (she doesn't really have much in the way of straight combat skills). Her main ability is shapeshifting, and she has a hidden weapon (blade in her arm). If you want her to be useful, put her in a position where she might get the drop on someone. Possibly impersonating a gambler or a guard?

Putting her in one of those positions would mean she'd have to be alone. And if she was alone, when shit hits the fan (which we always assume will happen), then she'll have to fight alone until someone can get to her, or preferably considering her lack of combat powers, either keep her head down, or run.
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:56 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Putting her in one of those positions would mean she'd have to be alone. And if she was alone, when shit hits the fan (which we always assume will happen), then she'll have to fight alone until someone can get to her, or preferably considering her lack of combat powers, either keep her head down, or run.

If everything got violent she would maintain cover until it is the optimal moment to break it. If she does get discovered and cornered she is rather difficult to kill (regenerates) and has the surprise shank in her arm.

*shrug* over to you guys though. I'm guessing you've pretty much decided how you want the opp to go on Discord... just pointing out she is an infiltrator not a soldier so if you do have some wriggle room it would ICly make sense to use her for what she is good at.

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017

Postby The Batavia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:01 am

Forest State wrote:

Accepted.

You need to nerf the powers a bit to be less versatile. You can't control fire, have enhanced speed and agility, and have increased toughness all at the same time without a big downside.

I removed the tough skin ability and made Lars suck at stealth.
Last edited by The Batavia on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:47 pm

Accepted.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:57 pm

I realize that I'm a bit behind on responding to everything in the IC. I just got up a co written post for one of the two groups headed up the stairs, so for anyone wondering, I'll also work on posting for the other groups tonight so everyone can get in on the action. And once I have Welsey show up, the Santa Marina side mission can begin.
don't tread on me

Scoilt
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Scoilt » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:40 pm

VITALS

Name: Elias Ramsey/Declan Ray/Damien Masters/Mason Daniels/Lucius Anton
Nickname/Alias: Split/Inferno/Jetstream/Rebirth/Phoenix
Appearance:

Age: Physically, Elias is 22. His youngest personality is 18 and his oldest is 50.
Build: He is 6'1 and 210 lb

Primary Ability: Phoenix Mimicry

Other Abilities: Pyrokinesis, Flight, Rebirth

Power Drawbacks: His mind in fractured into five identities. He can only use a fraction of his Phoenix mimicry under each personality, and none of them can communicate well with each other. Elias Ramsey (Split) has no abilities, but is the main personality.

Declan Ray (Inferno) is the youngest identity, and only has the power of pyrokinesis.

Damien Masters (Jetstream)

Mason Daniels (Rebirth) has an ability he calls rebirth. It is a form of regeneration, but in order to use it, he must 'kill' an identity. Elias used to have three more identities in his body, but they were killed in order to heal Elias' body (one had a power, which is now lost to Elias). Elias essentially has one more 'free pass', as Damien has already agreed to 'kill' himself to save the other personalities. When this happens, Elias will completely lose the ability.

Lucius Anton (Phoenix) can only come out in the most dire of circumstances. It's only happened twice.
Equipment: (If Applicable)

DETAILS

Nationality: American
Hometown: Charlotte, North Carolina
Sexuality: Four of his personalities are straight, Phoenix is asexual

Biggest Flaw: Elias is in control for the majority of the time, and when he is in control he has no powers. Communication between the personalities is extremely limited.
Main Skills: Elias: Marksmanship, parkour
Declan: Long-distance running
Damien: He has great stamina
Mason: Hand-to-hand combat
Lucius: All of the above

Personality: Elias: Elias is a smart, determined young man, who always tries to put the greater good above his own needs. He also isn't the best at picking up hints.
Declan: He is a brave and brash, willing to do whatever he has to in order to complete his goals. He can be a bit of an *sshole, but he is loyal to those he considers allies.
Damien: Damien is kind and amicable, but like Elias quite determined. He has been known to fly much longer than he healthily should in order to complete a task. He is his own worst enemy in this way, pushing his body too far at times (Damien is the main reason Mason had to kill the other three identities).
Mason Daniels: He isn't necessarily the brave, but he is a sweetheart. He prefers to stay out of trouble and away from the action as much as possible. He'd rather bake some cookies for the team for after they've returned than be on the front lines.
Lucius: The oldest identity, he is noble and wise. He watches from afar, as he rarely takes dominance in Elias' body. Lucius thinks of himself as more capable than others, but also acknowledges that he needs help.

Biography: Elias was born in a small, rural community on the outskirts of Charlotte, North Carolina. He was brought up in a very strict household. It wasn't a pleasant experience for him, as punishments were often extremely harsh. At a very young age, his mind split, creating Declan Ray. Declan was able to take the punishments, protecting Elias and allowing him to keep his sanity as well as his overall kind demeanor and outlook on the world. For many years it was just Elias and Declan. They communicated through post-it notes, notes on the phone, among other methods. It was an overall peaceful existence, they did their respective jobs and Elias lived what seemed to be a normal life to most. None remember how Damien came into being, only that he excelled in sports, which gave Elias the an edge in college scholarships. Three other personalities came along around this time as well.

Mason, his youngest personality, came along after a particularly bad date. By this point, Elias' mind was so easily fractured that it took very little to fracture it further. Mason was a sweetheart, a ladies man in the nicest way. His job was to keep Elias' heart from hurting the way Declan protected Elias' body. At the age of 21, a new personality arose, Lucius Anton. Anton came into being after Elias' powers activated. Lucius was the direct result of Elias gaining powers. He is the oldest personality, and was able to mend Elias' mind to the point that it would no longer fracture.

Over time, it became evident that each of Elias' personalities, save for his main one, held a fraction of Lucius' power, so that he was never truly defenseless. Lucius was the only one who held his full power. Unfortunately, three fractions of his power are now gone, as Mason had to kill them to save Elias.

#HLApp
Last edited by Scoilt on Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Novia Soviet Socialist Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Novia Soviet Socialist Republic » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:13 am

This still running?
u wot m8

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:14 am

Novia Soviet Socialist Republic wrote:This still running?

Yup.
yea bro idk

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Novia Soviet Socialist Republic » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:39 am

Segral wrote:
Novia Soviet Socialist Republic wrote:This still running?

Yup.

Alright sound. Expect a few applications within a few hours.
u wot m8

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:36 pm

New post is up. The scene is set for the side mission and we'll begin it in a couple of posts. Also, only one group needs to move in Dallas now, the one with Alasdair and Rina.
don't tread on me

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:47 pm

Forest State wrote:New post is up. The scene is set for the side mission and we'll begin it in a couple of posts. Also, only one group needs to move in Dallas now, the one with Alasdair and Rina.

I'll try and get a post up when I get home from work. If not, then one will come tomorrow morning, or sometime tomorrow (have to do a few things out of the house tomorrow)
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:55 pm

VITALS

Name: [RETRACTED]
Nickname/Alias: Beholder of the Theater
Appearance:

Build: Average build-appearance, weighs 56 lbs.

Primary Ability: Thank You. Please Enjoy The Movie: The Beholder of the Theater is able to use any camera to film anything and weaken it slowly as time goes on. Be it people, buildings, everything, it will weaken over time. For people, their physical and mental performance shall stuffer more and more, as the film keeps going. As for objects and buildings, and or anything else, the effects are that it shall be easy to break. The better cameras, the better and faster the effects shall be.

Other Abilities: Light and Dark Manipulation: The Beholder of the Theater is able to control and easily change the settings of light and dark. E.G causing a bright ass blinding light to appear in front of you, or have a pure black hole (as in dark af hole) appear in front of you.

Camera-Man: The Beholder of the Theater is able to telepathically use many cameras at once. (Ex. he could have a army of floating cameras that he can turn on and off at will)

Power Drawbacks: Squishy as one can be. It does not take much to take down this person. You’ll simply need a few bullets to the chest or so.

Equipment: A shiton of cameras that he stores.

DETAILS

Nationality: ???
Hometown: ???
Sexuality: ???

Biggest Flaw: Human Interaction
Main Skills: Film.

Personality: Literally has none.

Biography: The Beholder of the Theater is an entity that is not from this physical realm nor is it from the Realm of Myth. It’s not really known what the fuck is the Beholder of the Theater. Supposedly the Beholder of the Theater was a ticket boy back in 1814, before disappearing and reappearing in 1895 as the Beholder of the Theater in England. Since then the Beholder of the Theater has been responsible for the “movie murders” that have happened between 1895 to 1900 in which full rooms of watchers would instantly die. A gathering of metahumans, named the Hunters, would try to hunt down the Beholder of the Theater, but their attempt would be fruitless. In his last “movie murder,” the Beholder of the Theater would murder all the Hunters in the theater that the Hunters guessed right in which the Beholder of the Theater would appear. Then from 1900 to 1929, the Beholder of the Theater would make a number of films that had the power to entrap anyone inside the films that watched them. Only two of these films exist to morden day with the Syndicate holding them in their guarded vaults.

From 1929 to 1945, the Beholder of the Theater took a more peaceful live, assisting in the development of the film industry in England. Between 1945 to 1955, the Beholder of the Theater moved to the USSR to help make successful communist propaganda film and entertainment. To 1955 to 1995, the Beholder of the Theater created harmless film for the masses to enjoy around the world. He would never credit himself, publishing said films under no-name. He also made such to remove all forms of traceable history to him, stealing and removing all evidence that he found from all sources. However, a man by the name of Jason M. Black before murdered by the Beholder of the Theater, sent details on the mysterious entity to the Syndicate, along with the aforementioned films made between 1900 to 1929. Curious, the Syndicate asked the Beholder to join the organization, which he joined in 2000.
#HLApp
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:09 pm

I thought this character was meant to be an NPC originally. There's a bit of a problem in that having a 123 year old Cadet defeats the point of them being Cadets, analogous to college students studying to become heroes, or interns at a big company.
don't tread on me

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:11 pm

Forest State wrote:

I thought this character was meant to be an NPC originally. There's a bit of a problem in that having a 123 year old Cadet defeats the point of them being Cadets, analogous to college students studying to become heroes, or interns at a big company.

Well, could he be a NPC staff for PR?

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Novia Soviet Socialist Republic » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:14 pm

VITALS

Name: Kane Davidson
Nickname/Alias: Head Hunter
Appearance:

Build: Stands at 6'2, 220 lbs with a fairly muscular appearance.

Primary Ability: Kane possesses enhanced intelligence above that of what a normal human could possess. Of course, his powerful mind is dedicated to engineering and chemistry primarily and excels in producing fantastic and creative ways to help him do his job such as the Type-1 nerve impulse gun or the "shitter stunner" as he likes to call it as it, which causes muscles across the body, save from the heart, to lock up for a moment allowing him to capture bounties. On the other hand he also built the Type-100 Metal Lance, a bulky rifle like weapon that fires liquid tungsten projectiles at mach 7 speeds for as he puts it "Reducing particularly durable opponents to their base components and proving that lasers are for fucking wee wee boys". On top of weapons he's also made various other useful gadgets including exoskeletons, cybernetics and performance enhancing drugs some of which he uses on himself.

Other Abilities: Kane has some useful utilitarian implants in his body that do things ranging from being able to interface with technology, increase blood clot speed, filter out poisons, fight disease, suppress pain or release adrenaline into his body. Nano machines in his body maintain these implants and can even upgrade them within his body when given the go ahead to do so.

Power Drawbacks: Kane needs to take pills that contain various minerals and chemicals that wouldn't be available in food or drinks to provide resources for the nano machines in his body to self maintain as well as maintain the various implants in his body along with pills that stop his body rejecting the implants. On top of that his brain requires more energy to function at the height his does and has a higher food, water and rest requirement to work at it's best. Failure to take the weekly maintenance pills will result in the implants slowly tanking in performance before breaking down. Failure to take the weekly anti-rejection pills will result in serious illness including blood poisoning, infections, weakened immune system and eventually death. The performance enhancing drugs he uses also have the after effects of temporary fatigue and depression.

Equipment: Equipment is as follows:
The Pay Day Armour is a set of armour that goes above his clothes and despite its lightweight nature it is still level 4 body armour and is capable of stopping a .30-06 FMJ round and due to its carbon based nature, the armour does not lose integrity when stopping incoming projectiles. The armour covers the torso, groin, arms, back of the hands and the head. It comes with a chest rig and bandoleer. The helmet fully covers the head and can seal its self off and act as a respirator and gas mask as well as external cameras that project their image on the inside of the helmet allowing for unhindered field of vision, zooming capabilities and night vision. Despite being the first ever armour he built, the Mk1 proves its self to be the most breathable and lightweight of the armours he's made and his choice for when chasing a bounty.

The Type 1 is also known as the "Shitter Stunner" and is a handgun sized device that uses a laser to guide a bolt of electricity in a straight line and effectively acts as a long range, directed energy taser. The Type 1 serves as his go to piece for subduing bounties that are running away and makes up the most of his non-lethal take downs. Has a range of about 50 feet and a power capacity allowing for 100 shots.

Type 12/A Lead Wall: The Lead Wall is a magazine fed automatic 12 gauge shotgun that takes 32 round drum magazines and fires at a ridiculous 600 RPM, twice the speed of the AA-12 automatic shotgun. The shotgun features a smart choke that can change size to fit different ranges he might operate with this gun. Typically he would load this with #000 (triple aught) buckshot which is slightly larger shot than standard #00 but has less shot in each shell. Despite his somewhat average aim, he also has a love for slugs and uses those fairly frequently too however the main advantage of the shotgun is that it has many different types of ammunition available to it.

Type 45 Stampede: Unlike most of his other equipment which is scratch built, the Type 45 is built off of the modified lower receiver of an old M16A3 assault rifle. Despite it's parent rifle, the Type 45 fires at a slower 450 RPM and has a coil assisted barrel that increases the velocity of rounds travelling down it. It fires a huge magnum .45-70 government round from standard 20 round double stacked magazines or from a 50 round drum magazine. Kane modified the burst fire function of the rifle to fire 3 rounds at 1000 RPM making it effective for laying down accurate and rapid fire at up to 200 meters. Due to the relatively slow moving round, outside of 500 meters the rifle has a harder time hitting anything. All in all, this rifle is more suited to urban combat.

Type 100 Metal Lance: A weapon that's up there with the rest of the super advanced prototype weaponry that this world has. This large and bulky rifle is made of extremely heat resistant meta materials, super conductive cables and uses laser cooling technology to cool the chamber and barrel after each shot. Overall the amount of time and resources Kane poured into making this gun is massive. It holds a single, one pound chunk of tungsten in it's chamber which is then super heated and reduced to a liquid using yet more lasers. When fired it will launch a 1 pound liquid tungsten projectile down a barrel using electromagnetic coils, accelerating it up to mach 7 speeds. Despite the massive velocities the projectile reaches, it's only effective up to 800 meters as the projectile slows down and falls apart. Against a soft target such as a human or a car, the projectile punches straight through it and will sever limbs. Against a hard target such as a tank or power armour, the projectile will hit and mushroom on impact but keep going through the target where it fragments on the inside, usually producing a fiery explosion. After each shot the circuit breakers cut the power to the firing mechanism and the vents are opened allowing the laser cooling to vent heat. The power cell needs to be replaced every 3 shots and the reload time for this weapon is quite long.

The Dynamic Charge is a multi-purpose disk that can work as a grenade, proximity mine or remote charge. Not only that it has different detonation settings. High Explosive funnels gas into the central chamber where it's ionized with electrical nodes turning it into plasma, producing an explosion with a kill range of 5 meters and casualty range of 10 meters, useful for anti personnel or demolition work. Stun setting relies on discharging electrical arks across 3 meters around the device that temporarily stuns personnel around it. Disorientate setting works like a flash bang, using bright pulsing lights to blind enemies and finally anti-vehicle setting does the same thing as the high explosive setting except it channels the plasma upwards to produce a plasma jet that punches a hole through near enough anything that happens to go across it's detection range.

The Stimpack is a zip pouch containing auto-injectors, painkillers, antibiotics and bandages. Auto-injectors contain his various performance enhancing drugs such as the Vitality Shot which sends cells into a reproductive overdrive, using up the body's energy at a high rate in exchange for healing minor injuries over the course of a couple of minutes, stabilising the critically injured and stopping intense bleeding. Strength Enhancers force the body to use more of their muscle mass (The average human only being able to summon around 20% to 30% of their muscle mass), increasing usage to 65% making the user more than twice as strong for a couple of hours at the cost of increased use of the body's energy and risking damage to joints, tendons and bones. Stamina Enhancers use certain chemicals commonly found in Cocaine mixed in with adrenaline. This chemical cocktail increases awareness, reaction time, endurance etc however the heart rate will increase significantly over the few hours under its effect. Finally there are Brain Enhancers which causes neurons to make connections at triple the speed as normal over the next few hours essentially making learning and retaining information much faster and easier. All these drugs cause temporary fatigue and depression when coming down from them and can be addictive and straining on the body with extensive use.

DETAILS

Nationality: United Kingdom
Hometown: Castleford, Lancashire, Northern England
Sexuality: Bisexual but prefers women

Biggest Flaw: Drug addiction. Kane is addicted to the very drugs he makes, specifically the Stamina Enhancers and can't go a day without shooting himself up with the stuff. Withdrawal effects are depression, fatigue, irritability and even becoming suicidal. Will refuse to work with anything magical or do so only begrudgingly. He's also not the best shot out of there which is why a lot of his equipment makes up for his mediocre aim in some way.

Main Skills: Kane has a really big appetite and as such learned how to cook. Nothing too impressive, but he can cook to feed a lot of people with ease. He can also dance to both classic and modern music. He's knowledgeable in robotics, engineering, chemistry and biology and is a semi competent boxer.

Personality: Kane is known for being foul mouthed and a smart ass. He's also known for being a giant asshole. He doesn't take most situations seriously, loves to push peoples buttons with childish and cruel jokes and thoroughly enjoys banter and will always love it when people start making the same kinds of jokes towards him. Name calling and taunting are some of the things he's near enough mastered being able to drum them out at a staggering rate that can take one back a bit. He's also materialistic and likely won't do anything for anyone unless he's getting something out of it. He does however know when to be polite when needed and despite his massive personality flaws he's got a strong sense of right and wrong and will call people out for going overboard with a joke, bully someone or be a general menace to society.

Biography: Kane was born in 1997 to a human father, Andrew Davidson and a metahuman mother, Lillian Davidson. His mother has greatly enhanced intelligence just like Kane himself and owned a relatively small but successful business that dealt with building and repairing specialised construction and mining equipment that the local quarry used frequently. Because of all this him and his family lived a very cosy life in the countryside town of Castleford and tended to help his mother out in the workshop or sometimes help his father in the local pub they ran. He was highly interested in mechanics and later on in school discovered his interest in chemistry which made his parents confident he would grow up to be a scientist or engineer of sorts. That was up until the day his father suffered a stroke, he was 18 at the time. He didn't even get to see his father one last time before he died in hospital, however, he wouldn't be the one so badly affected by his death.

His mother had a mental breakdown at the news of her husbands death and isolated herself in her room for days, only coming out when he was asleep to eat and drink. The day later came that Kane awoke to find his mother's room unlocked and her not in there. He reasoned that she'd finally decided to come out but his assumptions were shot down when he found a note on her bed telling Kane that she couldn't stay anymore, that she was too broken to be around him and that she had left the country to fix herself. Kane was angry and heartbroken. Not only had his father died but he felt that his mother had abandoned him too and it wasn't even a month when Kane sold off the family's pub and and company before packing up and moving to the US where he became something unlikely. A Bounty Hunter. Of course he started out small bringing in thieves and court dodgers for a few hundred dollars a bounty at this point he met Chief John Peters of the Austin police department of Texas who asked if he was able to help him bring in certain dangerous criminals that use their connections in the police department to evade arrest. Off the books work as he says. He was promised generous payment and to this he agreed and so we lead up to now, Kane earned the name from the criminal underworld known as Head Hunter, the guy who drags them kicking and screaming to the police station sometimes at gun point.

Kane had just finished dropping off a half dead axe murderer and prolific serial killer. Just as he left the police station he was put in cuffs, but not by police. Next thing he knows he's being dragged from a van, half conscious from what he can assume is drugging. Wherever he was, this wasn't Texas anymore.

#HLApp
u wot m8

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:33 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:
Forest State wrote:I thought this character was meant to be an NPC originally. There's a bit of a problem in that having a 123 year old Cadet defeats the point of them being Cadets, analogous to college students studying to become heroes, or interns at a big company.

Well, could he be a NPC staff for PR?

Yeah, accepted as we talked about.
Novia Soviet Socialist Republic wrote:snip

Metal Lance is too overpowered and advanced for something that's supposed to be a rifle, railguns aren't a thing yet even though we do have advanced technology. Not handheld ones anyway.
don't tread on me

Scoilt
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Scoilt » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:50 pm

Scoilt wrote:

VITALS

Name: Elias Ramsey/Declan Ray/Damien Masters/Mason Daniels/Lucius Anton
Nickname/Alias: Split/Inferno/Jetstream/Rebirth/Phoenix
Appearance:
Age: Physically, Elias is 22. His youngest personality is 18 and his oldest is 50.
Build: He is 6'1 and 210 lb

Primary Ability: Phoenix Mimicry

Other Abilities: Pyrokinesis, Flight, Rebirth

Power Drawbacks: His mind in fractured into five identities. He can only use a fraction of his Phoenix mimicry under each personality, and none of them can communicate well with each other. Elias Ramsey (Split) has no abilities, but is the main personality.

Declan Ray (Inferno) is the youngest identity, and only has the power of pyrokinesis.

Damien Masters (Jetstream)

Mason Daniels (Rebirth) has an ability he calls rebirth. It is a form of regeneration, but in order to use it, he must 'kill' an identity. Elias used to have three more identities in his body, but they were killed in order to heal Elias' body (one had a power, which is now lost to Elias). Elias essentially has one more 'free pass', as Damien has already agreed to 'kill' himself to save the other personalities. When this happens, Elias will completely lose the ability.

Lucius Anton (Phoenix) can only come out in the most dire of circumstances. It's only happened twice.
Equipment: (If Applicable)

DETAILS

Nationality: American
Hometown: Charlotte, North Carolina
Sexuality: Four of his personalities are straight, Phoenix is asexual

Biggest Flaw: Elias is in control for the majority of the time, and when he is in control he has no powers. Communication between the personalities is extremely limited.
Main Skills: Elias: Marksmanship, parkour
Declan: Long-distance running
Damien: He has great stamina
Mason: Hand-to-hand combat
Lucius: All of the above

Personality: Elias: Elias is a smart, determined young man, who always tries to put the greater good above his own needs. He also isn't the best at picking up hints.
Declan: He is a brave and brash, willing to do whatever he has to in order to complete his goals. He can be a bit of an *sshole, but he is loyal to those he considers allies.
Damien: Damien is kind and amicable, but like Elias quite determined. He has been known to fly much longer than he healthily should in order to complete a task. He is his own worst enemy in this way, pushing his body too far at times (Damien is the main reason Mason had to kill the other three identities).
Mason Daniels: He isn't necessarily the brave, but he is a sweetheart. He prefers to stay out of trouble and away from the action as much as possible. He'd rather bake some cookies for the team for after they've returned than be on the front lines.
Lucius: The oldest identity, he is noble and wise. He watches from afar, as he rarely takes dominance in Elias' body. Lucius thinks of himself as more capable than others, but also acknowledges that he needs help.

Biography: Elias was born in a small, rural community on the outskirts of Charlotte, North Carolina. He was brought up in a very strict household. It wasn't a pleasant experience for him, as punishments were often extremely harsh. At a very young age, his mind split, creating Declan Ray. Declan was able to take the punishments, protecting Elias and allowing him to keep his sanity as well as his overall kind demeanor and outlook on the world. For many years it was just Elias and Declan. They communicated through post-it notes, notes on the phone, among other methods. It was an overall peaceful existence, they did their respective jobs and Elias lived what seemed to be a normal life to most. None remember how Damien came into being, only that he excelled in sports, which gave Elias the an edge in college scholarships. Three other personalities came along around this time as well.

Mason, his youngest personality, came along after a particularly bad date. By this point, Elias' mind was so easily fractured that it took very little to fracture it further. Mason was a sweetheart, a ladies man in the nicest way. His job was to keep Elias' heart from hurting the way Declan protected Elias' body. At the age of 21, a new personality arose, Lucius Anton. Anton came into being after Elias' powers activated. Lucius was the direct result of Elias gaining powers. He is the oldest personality, and was able to mend Elias' mind to the point that it would no longer fracture.

Over time, it became evident that each of Elias' personalities, save for his main one, held a fraction of Lucius' power, so that he was never truly defenseless. Lucius was the only one who held his full power. Unfortunately, three fractions of his power are now gone, as Mason had to kill them to save Elias.

#HLApp

And the finished product.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Novia Soviet Socialist Republic » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:36 pm

Forest State wrote:
The Empire of Tau wrote:Well, could he be a NPC staff for PR?

Yeah, accepted as we talked about.
Novia Soviet Socialist Republic wrote:snip

Metal Lance is too overpowered and advanced for something that's supposed to be a rifle, railguns aren't a thing yet even though we do have advanced technology. Not handheld ones anyway.

I see. I'll replace it with another heavy weapon in that case. Torn between a chaingun, grenade launcher and a missile launcher.
u wot m8

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Novia Soviet Socialist Republic » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:02 pm

VITALS

Name: Kane Davidson
Nickname/Alias: Head Hunter
Appearance:

Build: Stands at 6'2, 220 lbs with a fairly muscular appearance.

Primary Ability: Kane possesses enhanced intelligence above that of what a normal human could possess. Of course, his powerful mind is dedicated to engineering and chemistry primarily and excels in producing fantastic and creative ways to help him do his job such as the Type-1 nerve impulse gun or the "shitter stunner" as he likes to call it as it, which causes muscles across the body, save from the heart, to lock up for a moment allowing him to capture bounties. On the other hand he also built the Type-100 Violence Abolisher, a chaingun that fires 20mm low velocity ammunition. On top of weapons he's also made various other useful gadgets including exoskeletons, cybernetics and performance enhancing drugs some of which he uses on himself.

Other Abilities: Kane has some useful utilitarian implants in his body that do things ranging from being able to interface with technology, increase blood clot speed, filter out poisons, fight disease, suppress pain or release adrenaline into his body. Nano machines in his body maintain these implants and can even upgrade them within his body when given the go ahead to do so.

Power Drawbacks: Kane needs to take pills that contain various minerals and chemicals that wouldn't be available in food or drinks to provide resources for the nano machines in his body to self maintain as well as maintain the various implants in his body along with pills that stop his body rejecting the implants. On top of that his brain requires more energy to function at the height his does and has a higher food, water and rest requirement to work at it's best. Failure to take the weekly maintenance pills will result in the implants slowly tanking in performance before breaking down. Failure to take the weekly anti-rejection pills will result in serious illness including blood poisoning, infections, weakened immune system and eventually death. The performance enhancing drugs he uses also have the after effects of temporary fatigue and depression.

Equipment: Equipment is as follows:
The Pay Day Armour is a set of armour that goes above his clothes and despite its lightweight nature it is still level 4 body armour and is capable of stopping a .30-06 FMJ round and due to its carbon based nature, the armour does not lose integrity when stopping incoming projectiles. The armour covers the torso, groin, arms, back of the hands and the head. It comes with a chest rig and bandoleer. The helmet fully covers the head and can seal its self off and act as a respirator and gas mask as well as external cameras that project their image on the inside of the helmet allowing for unhindered field of vision, zooming capabilities and night vision. Despite being the first ever armour he built, the Mk1 proves its self to be the most breathable and lightweight of the armours he's made and his choice for when chasing a bounty.

The Type 1 is also known as the "Shitter Stunner" and is a handgun sized device that uses a laser to guide a bolt of electricity in a straight line and effectively acts as a long range, directed energy taser. The Type 1 serves as his go to piece for subduing bounties that are running away and makes up the most of his non-lethal take downs. Has a range of about 50 feet and a power capacity allowing for 100 shots.

Type 12/A Lead Wall: The Lead Wall is a magazine fed automatic 12 gauge shotgun that takes 32 round drum magazines and fires at a ridiculous 600 RPM, twice the speed of the AA-12 automatic shotgun. The shotgun features a smart choke that can change size to fit different ranges he might operate with this gun. Typically he would load this with #000 (triple aught) buckshot which is slightly larger shot than standard #00 but has less shot in each shell. Despite his somewhat average aim, he also has a love for slugs and uses those fairly frequently too however the main advantage of the shotgun is that it has many different types of ammunition available to it.

Type 45 Stampede: Unlike most of his other equipment which is scratch built, the Type 45 is built off of the modified lower receiver of an old M16A3 assault rifle. Despite it's parent rifle, the Type 45 fires at a slower 450 RPM and has a coil assisted barrel that increases the velocity of rounds travelling down it. It fires a huge magnum .45-70 government round from standard 20 round double stacked magazines or from a 50 round drum magazine. Kane modified the burst fire function of the rifle to fire 3 rounds at 1000 RPM making it effective for laying down accurate and rapid fire at up to 200 meters. Due to the relatively slow moving round, outside of 500 meters the rifle has a harder time hitting anything. All in all, this rifle is more suited to urban combat.

Type 100 Violence Abolisher: This beautiful firearm is the Type 100 Violence Abolisher also known as the Equaliser, Peace Enforcer, the Assault Cannon and Little John. It fires 20mm low velocity rounds (20 x 60mm) at around 2000 RPM from a 200 round drum. This thing can be fired from the standing position but the gun weighs 90lbs so is hard to carry unless you're built like a tank or using an exoskeleton. That said, Kane only hauls this absolute unit out when he's wearing an exoskeleton (Which he's lost access to since he's been brought to the Syndicate) so would be require to be shot up with a Strength Enhancement if he want's to use this for any length of time. Typical rounds loaded into this monster are high explosive or incendiary though he's working on experimental high velocity tungsten APFSDS rounds (Bore is 20mm but the sabot is only 12mm) which he feels will be useful at some point. Due to the ammunition being low velocity to allow it to be fired without being mounted, it's only effective up to 200 meters and is not only inaccurate past that range but the bullet drop is immense.

The Dynamic Charge is a multi-purpose disk that can work as a grenade, proximity mine or remote charge. Not only that it has different detonation settings. High Explosive funnels gas into the central chamber where it's ionized with electrical nodes turning it into plasma, producing an explosion with a kill range of 5 meters and casualty range of 10 meters, useful for anti personnel or demolition work. Stun setting relies on discharging electrical arks across 3 meters around the device that temporarily stuns personnel around it. Disorientate setting works like a flash bang, using bright pulsing lights to blind enemies and finally anti-vehicle setting does the same thing as the high explosive setting except it channels the plasma upwards to produce a plasma jet that punches a hole through near enough anything that happens to go across it's detection range.

The Stimpack is a zip pouch containing auto-injectors, painkillers, antibiotics and bandages. Auto-injectors contain his various performance enhancing drugs such as the Vitality Shot which sends cells into a reproductive overdrive, using up the body's energy at a high rate in exchange for healing minor injuries over the course of a couple of minutes, stabilising the critically injured and stopping intense bleeding. Strength Enhancers force the body to use more of their muscle mass (The average human only being able to summon around 20% to 30% of their muscle mass), increasing usage to 65% making the user more than twice as strong for a couple of hours at the cost of increased use of the body's energy and risking damage to joints, tendons and bones. Stamina Enhancers use certain chemicals commonly found in Cocaine mixed in with adrenaline. This chemical cocktail increases awareness, reaction time, endurance etc however the heart rate will increase significantly over the few hours under its effect. Finally there are Brain Enhancers which causes neurons to make connections at triple the speed as normal over the next few hours essentially making learning and retaining information much faster and easier. All these drugs cause temporary fatigue and depression when coming down from them and can be addictive and straining on the body with extensive use.

DETAILS

Nationality: United Kingdom
Hometown: Castleton, Lancashire, Northern England
Sexuality: Bisexual but prefers women

Biggest Flaw: Drug addiction. Kane is addicted to the very drugs he makes, specifically the Stamina Enhancers and can't go a day without shooting himself up with the stuff. Withdrawal effects are depression, fatigue, irritability and even becoming suicidal. Will refuse to work with anything magical or do so only begrudgingly. He's also not the best shot out of there which is why a lot of his equipment makes up for his mediocre aim in some way.

Main Skills: Kane has a really big appetite and as such learned how to cook. Nothing too impressive, but he can cook to feed a lot of people with ease. He can also dance to both classic and modern music. He's knowledgeable in robotics, engineering, chemistry and biology and is a semi competent boxer.

Personality: Kane is known for being foul mouthed and a smart ass. He's also known for being a giant asshole. He doesn't take most situations seriously, loves to push peoples buttons with childish and cruel jokes and thoroughly enjoys banter and will always love it when people start making the same kinds of jokes towards him. Name calling and taunting are some of the things he's near enough mastered being able to drum them out at a staggering rate that can take one back a bit. He's also materialistic and likely won't do anything for anyone unless he's getting something out of it. He does however know when to be polite when needed and despite his massive personality flaws he's got a strong sense of right and wrong and will call people out for going overboard with a joke, bully someone or be a general menace to society.

Biography: Kane was born in 1997 to a human father, Andrew Davidson and a metahuman mother, Lillian Davidson. His mother has greatly enhanced intelligence just like Kane himself and owned a relatively small but successful business that dealt with building and repairing specialised construction and mining equipment that the local quarry used frequently. Because of all this him and his family lived a very cosy life in the countryside town of Castleton and tended to help his mother out in the workshop or sometimes help his father in the local pub they ran. He was highly interested in mechanics and later on in school discovered his interest in chemistry which made his parents confident he would grow up to be a scientist or engineer of sorts. That was up until the day his father suffered a stroke, he was 18 at the time. He didn't even get to see his father one last time before he died in hospital, however, he wouldn't be the one so badly affected by his death.

His mother had a mental breakdown at the news of her husbands death and isolated herself in her room for days, only coming out when he was asleep to eat and drink. The day later came that Kane awoke to find his mother's room unlocked and her not in there. He reasoned that she'd finally decided to come out but his assumptions were shot down when he found a note on her bed telling Kane that she couldn't stay anymore, that she was too broken to be around him and that she had left the country to fix herself. Kane was angry and heartbroken. Not only had his father died but he felt that his mother had abandoned him too and it wasn't even a month when Kane sold off the family's pub and and company before packing up and moving to the US where he became something unlikely. A Bounty Hunter. Of course he started out small bringing in thieves and court dodgers for a few hundred dollars a bounty at this point he met Chief John Peters of the Austin police department of Texas who asked if he was able to help him bring in certain dangerous criminals that use their connections in the police department to evade arrest. Off the books work as he says. He was promised generous payment and to this he agreed and so we lead up to now, Kane earned the name from the criminal underworld known as Head Hunter, the guy who drags them kicking and screaming to the police station sometimes at gun point.

Kane had just finished dropping off a half dead axe murderer and prolific serial killer. Just as he left the police station he was put in cuffs, but not by police. Next thing he knows he's being dragged from a van, half conscious from what he can assume is drugging. Wherever he was, this wasn't Texas anymore.

#HLApp

Better? It's not a tank killer anymore I figure we already have a certain rocket jumper using something for diddling anything bigger than an armoured car.
Last edited by Novia Soviet Socialist Republic on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
u wot m8

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse