NATION

PASSWORD

Is ignorance an excuse for racism?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes : 33

Marxist Rainbow
Secretary

Founded: Jun 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Rainbow » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:28 pm

Renowned rapper Lil Boosie had this to say about his own people.

"I just feel like african american is the worst race in the world."

"The white man aint waitin in ya bushes with a chopper! The white man aint tryna take your rims off your car."

"How can we say 'F the white man'?"

What can be said about this other than it's sad? Lil Boosie (real name Torrence Hatch) is obviously uneducated at best. As a person of color, I hate to see my people so ignorant of the system in place which causes violence in impoverished black communities. It's like he has been rich for so long, that he has started to act like a privileged white man in the sense that he is completely blind to the system that perpetuates black on black violence and keeps white men out of the hot seat.

On top of this, he speaks in a way and from a social status that harms the cause, in terms that could set us back, and I don't think his ignorance is an excuse, just as a white man's ignorance of privilege is an excuse, and Lil Boosie is an inherent part of Racism.
Last edited by Marxist Rainbow on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud MtF trans
She/Her/Hers Pls (;~;)
Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism!

Thermodolia wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:
I'm not going to spoon feed you. I'll start you out with CIA-Contra.

What does a bunch of Nicaraguan anti-communists have to do with black Americans?

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:31 pm

How the fuck is that racist or ignorant?! He’s saying that the American blacks need to tack ownership of a lot of shit. That’s not racism
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Palloth
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Palloth » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:32 pm

This is deplorable. I am white. I'll admit it. But racism is sick and twisted and it pains me to see someone who should be standing up to end all forms of discrimination instead insulting his own race.

Marxist Rainbow
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Rainbow » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:32 pm

Thermodolia wrote:How the fuck is that racist or ignorant?! He’s saying that the American blacks need to tack ownership of a lot of shit. That’s not racism

But he even admits himself that the government imported drugs into black communities, and instead of rehabilitating these people, the sentences got harsher and black men have been sent to prison in droves.
Proud MtF trans
She/Her/Hers Pls (;~;)

Thermodolia wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:

What does a bunch of Nicaraguan anti-communists have to do with black Americans?

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:33 pm

How is he ignorant?
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Marxist Rainbow
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Rainbow » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Uxupox wrote:How is he ignorant?

Because he blames black people for a system he himself was a victim of. A system put in place by white people.
Proud MtF trans
She/Her/Hers Pls (;~;)

Thermodolia wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:35 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:How the fuck is that racist or ignorant?! He’s saying that the American blacks need to tack ownership of a lot of shit. That’s not racism

But he even admits himself that the government imported drugs into black communities, and instead of rehabilitating these people, the sentences got harsher and black men have been sent to prison in droves.

So your gonna believe a rapper when he's says the government imported drugs into black communities care to back up that big ass assumption with some sauce?
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:36 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:

Ok but what he said isn’t racist.

The government did some dumb shit but saying that black Americans should own up to their own communities problems isn’t racist.

You can’t rely on everyone else to fix your communities problems.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Marxist Rainbow
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Rainbow » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:

So your gonna believe a rapper when he's says the government imported drugs into black communities care to back up that big ass assumption with some sauce?

Last edited by Marxist Rainbow on Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud MtF trans
She/Her/Hers Pls (;~;)

Thermodolia wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:

Because he blames black people for a system he himself was a victim of. A system put in place by white people.

So I guess it's ignorant and racist to own up that most of the black communities problems is their own. Let me ask you this how is it white peoples fault that a young black teen joins a gang to rob, sell drugs and commit assaults and murder? I say it's racist and ignorant to think that every problem in the black community is caused by white people.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:38 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:

damn this system that this white people put out to get me. must be seen em in the shadows lurkin' and all hulkin', trying to steal all my shit.

how about people own up to their mistakes, fix their shit and just walk.

The Anglo-American Commonwealth
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-American Commonwealth » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:38 pm

even if you recognize that you have been behaving in a racist manner, your ignorance does not excuse your behavior, it only explains it.
The Anglo-American Commonwealth: a political and economic union of the following anglophone states: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States, and all of their dependencies. Operates under a democratic, neoliberal framework.

"Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent." ~Wittgenstein
"Man is the measure of all things." ~Protagoras
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." ~Bob Dylan
Agnostic, diarist, absurdist, politically confused, failed intellectual
Disclaimer: this nation does not represent my real life views.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:39 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:So your gonna believe a rapper when he's says the government imported drugs into black communities care to back up that big ass assumption with some sauce?

Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Marxist Rainbow
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Rainbow » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:40 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:

So I guess it's ignorant and racist to own up that most of the black communities problems is their own. Let me ask you this how is it white peoples fault that a young black teen joins a gang to rob, sell drugs and commit assaults and murder? I say it's racist and ignorant to think that every problem in the black community is caused by white people.

Your privilege is showing.

Uxupox wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:

damn this system that this white people put out to get me. must be seen em in the shadows lurkin' and all hulkin', trying to steal all my shit.

How about white people own up to the fact that their government protects and nourishes them over people of color? How about they acknowledge 200 years of slavery and subjugation and disenfranchisement?
Proud MtF trans
She/Her/Hers Pls (;~;)

Thermodolia wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:

Neo-Romanum
Secretary

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Romanum » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:41 pm

I like how if a white person heard another white person say they were the worst race in the world you'd have a lot of people agreeing with the sentiment, but if they heard an African-American say it about his own race then they're the ones taking offence on their behalf. :lol2:

He acknowledges problems within the African-American community, not all of which are caused by some white boogeyman and nothing he says is racist. "I just feel like african american is the worst race in the world." is him saying that he is disappointed in the behaviour of fellow African-Americans, he's not saying that they are literally the worst race in the world.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:41 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:So your gonna believe a rapper when he's says the government imported drugs into black communities care to back up that big ass assumption with some sauce?

The government didn't import drugs directly into black communities that was the fault of drug cartels and American street gangs it dealt with Iran and the Contras of Nicaragua.

Marxist Rainbow
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Rainbow » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:41 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:

OOH boy, case in point.
Proud MtF trans
She/Her/Hers Pls (;~;)

Thermodolia wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:42 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:So I guess it's ignorant and racist to own up that most of the black communities problems is their own. Let me ask you this how is it white peoples fault that a young black teen joins a gang to rob, sell drugs and commit assaults and murder? I say it's racist and ignorant to think that every problem in the black community is caused by white people.

Oh look meaningless buzzwords

Uxupox wrote:

How about white people own up to the fact that their government protects and nourishes them over people of color? How about they acknowledge 200 years of slavery and subjugation and disenfranchisement?

If you want to play the oppression Olympics i got ya beat.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:42 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:How about white people own up to the fact that their government protects and nourishes them over people of color?

Sources for that hyperbolic claim?

Marxist Rainbow wrote:How about they acknowledge 200 years of slavery and subjugation and disenfranchisement?

They already have, through various civil rights legislation...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:44 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:What does a bunch of Nicaraguan anti-communists have to do with black Americans?

OOH boy, case in point.

No seriously what the fuck does the Contras, who are Nicaraguan anti-communists, have to do with black Americans? If you’re just going to be extremely vague about everything then you aren’t worth debating
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Otira
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Otira » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:44 pm

Considering the OP's national animal and currency are "Numale" and "Soy", both of which are memes constantly spammed from 4chan, without trollnaming I have to suggest that this thread may be something of a falseflag.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:44 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:So I guess it's ignorant and racist to own up that most of the black communities problems is their own. Let me ask you this how is it white peoples fault that a young black teen joins a gang to rob, sell drugs and commit assaults and murder? I say it's racist and ignorant to think that every problem in the black community is caused by white people.

Uxupox wrote:

holy shit. do you want them to spoon feed us too? maybe change our diapers and hold our life trajectory, why not go even further maybe they should be our own slaves for a while to see them how it was a period of years ago?

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:46 pm

Otira wrote:Considering the OP's national animal and currency are "Numale" and "Soy", both of which are memes constantly spammed from 4chan, without trollnaming I have to suggest that this thread may be something of a falseflag.

I’m not sure anymore dude. But I feel like I’m being fucked with
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:47 pm

It's not a racist statement, it is true that the black community needs to fix a good chunk of their problems. A lot of people who condemn criminals who happen to be black are incorrectly called racist. Criminals shouldn't be considered victims, they should be considered predators. I don't think the guy is racist against his own race, I think he was being hyperbolic.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neo-Romanum
Secretary

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Romanum » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:47 pm

Otira wrote:Considering the OP's national animal and currency are "Numale" and "Soy", both of which are memes constantly spammed from 4chan, without trollnaming I have to suggest that this thread may be something of a falseflag.

Nice catch.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General