NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nevrintik
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevrintik » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:24 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Nevrintik wrote:Having Basil as a character seems interesting enough. According to Blake's lore, Basil never had any real outstanding qualities aside from being very empathetic and compassionate. I'm guessing that you'll manage the rest if you decide to make them a character?

Actually, I did have something in 'mind'. Hey, answer this for me so I don't have to re-check your app because I'm lazy. :p Does Basil know about her brother's powers?

I would chastise you for your lack of effort, but I'll let this one slide for now. :roll:

Basil does know about Blake's ability, but it is seldom discussed among her family; their parents made it an effort to keep Blake's ability secret, and Blake never really did use it too often. When he did, be it accidentally or otherwise, their parents worked to cover each incident up. Blake never really looked people in the eyes in social scenarios (he had slight social hindrances as a child), so it was fairly easy to keep it a secret from the general public. It has been a long time since Basil has witnessed her brother utilize his power, though, so she may not recognize it as his paralytic gaze immediately.
I really love RPing, but I am still very new to it.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:25 pm

Nevrintik wrote:Having Basil as a character seems interesting enough. According to Blake's lore, Basil never had any real outstanding qualities aside from being very empathetic and compassionate. I'm guessing that you'll manage the rest if you decide to make them a character?

Actually, I did have something in 'mind'. Hey, answer this for me so I don't have to re-check your app because I'm lazy. :p Does Basil know about her brother's powers?

I just gonna...
mention this regarding Basil.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Fronket
Envoy

Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Fronket » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:31 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:

I just gonna...
mention this regarding Basil.

I believe you’re referring to a different basil than the one they’re talking about.

Fronket
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Fronket » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:35 pm

@Whales So should I post a discussion between Maggie and Madison or should I wait for you to conclude the bank thing

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Fronket wrote:@Whales So should I post a discussion between Maggie and Madison or should I wait for you to conclude the bank thing

To be completely honest, I absolutely forgot about the bank thing.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:55 pm

Okay, posted! And nice post, Whales! :) Hey, Whales, is Caleb in his white suit? I thought he was in his prototype armor still from Madison's encounter?

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:57 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Okay, posted! And nice post, Whales! :) Hey, Whales, is Caleb in his white suit? I thought he was in his prototype armor still from Madison's encounter?

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:59 pm

Whalestron wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Okay, posted! And nice post, Whales! :) Hey, Whales, is Caleb in his white suit? I thought he was in his prototype armor still from Madison's encounter?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I mean, I might be the one who's wrong.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:01 pm

Oh no! It's The Return of the Terror! :shock:

Fronket
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Fronket » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:08 pm

Whalestron wrote:
Fronket wrote:@Whales So should I post a discussion between Maggie and Madison or should I wait for you to conclude the bank thing

To be completely honest, I absolutely forgot about the bank thing.

Replied to Madison.

Nevrintik
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevrintik » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:11 pm

Keep in my mind that Basil's last name is Powers, not Black.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:11 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Oh no! It's The Return of the Terror! :shock:

It gets interesting after that post.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:18 pm

I wasn't expecting wuch a busy day. Looks like I'll have to post tomorrow... for everyone.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:27 pm

Nevrintik wrote:Keep in my mind that Basil's last name is Powers, not Black.

Oh shit! I need to fix that! :lol:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Oh no! It's The Return of the Terror! :shock:

It gets interesting after that post.

AWESOME POST, MAIN! :D Consider me officially hooked!

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:15 pm

I’m still in the prototype suit. Therefore, your little trash can trick might has well have been you spitting at Caleb.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Nevrintik
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevrintik » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:11 am

Just to let it be known, I will be out for a week starting this Tuesday, so I will likely not be able to RP for that period of time.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:23 am

Catgirl and Greyface are on the roster.

Farilexasm
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Farilexasm » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:31 am

Villain APP:
Name/Alias: Alberto Falcone
Appearance:

Personality: Calm, Organized, Practical
Faction: Falcone Crime Family
Affiliation: NA
Race: Human
Backstory:
Alberto was the eldest son out of eight children in the infamous Falcone Family, making him the heir apparent to the organized crime ring’s throne. He was the only child of Falcone with any moral ambiguity, allowing his father Carmine to take a keen interest in the boy, an interest he didn’t have in any of his other children (besides maybe Mario, Alberto’s malicious little brother), all of whom were therefore raised by other family members while Alberto was placed in the direct care of his dad. Carmine manipulated and brainwashed the young child, homeschooling the boy but ensuring that the child had a social life, which was necessary for a future Mafia leader. Alberto was close with the children of several businessmen and politicians; he even had a tryst with Bruce Wayne at a certain age in his life, when the two wealthy boys frequently met at dinner parties.

As soon as his father turned 60, 30 year old Alberto and his brother Mario were placed in control of the Falcone Empire. Despite all of his qualities and his natural leadership skills, Alberto felt the pressure of all of Carmine’s expectations of the boy; although the Falcone crime ring remained the largest in Gotham, it wasn’t as wealthy or influential as competition crime organizations run by people like Black Mask and Red Hood. After messing up several jobs, Carmine removed Alberto from the head of the organization and instead instated Mario as the sole leader. Alberto has been struggling to regain his father’s trust ever since, and the second in command is plotting the downfall of Mario Falcone, his younger brother. Alberto still does most of the dirty work for the crime family, but he doesn’t get the extra perks like top secret information from his father. However, with Falcone puppet Harvey Bullock in complete charge of the GCPD and federal armed forces stationed in Gotham, Alberto might have a way to please his father again.

Alberto, unlike Mario and Carmine, still tries to keep in touch with other disillusioned members of the family. He still likes to keep tabs on his sibilings, like his younger sister Kitrina.

Powers/Weapons/Tech:
Measured Influence: Alberto has several pawns in the GCPD, including police Chief and new Commissioner Harvey Bullock.

Public Speaking Skills: Alberto is a smooth talker and can be very persuasive.

Extreme Wealth: He has some access to the expansive family coffers and makes a lot of money personally from indebted petty criminals.

Weaknesses: His father’s expectations seriously weigh down Alberto.
Skills: He’s good at chess and strategy games.
RP Examples: Check in IC
Extra Information
Day Job: None, works for Falcone Crime Organization and everyone knows it
Living place: Diamond District
Voice Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio
Likes/Dislikes: Likes drinking good quality alcohol. Despises his younger brother.
Theme Song: Welcome to the Machine
Did you read the rules? Yes
Last edited by Farilexasm on Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:58 am

Okay, posted for Basil and Babs!

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:00 am

Farilexasm wrote:Villain APP:
Name/Alias: Alberto Falcone
Appearance:
Personality: Calm, Organized, Practical
Faction: Falcone Crime Family
Affiliation: NA
Race: Human
Backstory:
Alberto was the eldest son out of eight children in the infamous Falcone Family, making him the heir apparent to the organized crime ring’s throne. He was the only child of Falcone with any moral ambiguity, allowing his father Carmine to take a keen interest in the boy, an interest he didn’t have in any of his other children (besides maybe Mario, Alberto’s malicious little brother), all of whom were therefore raised by other family members while Alberto was placed in the direct care of his dad. Carmine manipulated and brainwashed the young child, homeschooling the boy but ensuring that the child had a social life, which was necessary for a future Mafia leader. Alberto was close with the children of several businessmen and politicians; he even had a tryst with Bruce Wayne at a certain age in his life, when the two wealthy boys frequently met at dinner parties.

As soon as his father turned 60, 30 year old Alberto and his brother Mario were placed in control of the Falcone Empire. Despite all of his qualities and his natural leadership skills, Alberto felt the pressure of all of Carmine’s expectations of the boy; although the Falcone crime ring remained the largest in Gotham, it wasn’t as wealthy or influential as competition crime organizations run by people like Black Mask and Red Hood. After messing up several jobs, Carmine removed Alberto from the head of the organization and instead instated Mario as the sole leader. Alberto has been struggling to regain his father’s trust ever since, and the second in command is plotting the downfall of Mario Falcone, his younger brother. Alberto still does most of the dirty work for the crime family, but he doesn’t get the extra perks like top secret information from his father. However, with Falcone puppet Harvey Bullock in complete charge of the GCPD and federal armed forces stationed in Gotham, Alberto might have a way to please his father again.

Alberto, unlike Mario and Carmine, still tries to keep in touch with other disillusioned members of the family. He still likes to keep tabs on his sibilings, like his younger sister Kitrina.

Powers/Weapons/Tech:
Measured Influence: Alberto has several pawns in the GCPD, including police Chief and new Commissioner Harvey Bullock.

Public Speaking Skills: Alberto is a smooth talker and can be very persuasive.

Extreme Wealth: He has some access to the expansive family coffers and makes a lot of money personally from indebted petty criminals.

Weaknesses: His father’s expectations seriously weigh down Alberto.
Skills: He’s good at chess and strategy games.
RP Examples: Check in IC
Extra Information
Day Job: None, works for Falcone Crime Organization and everyone knows it
Living place: Diamond District
Voice Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio
Likes/Dislikes: Likes drinking good quality alcohol. Despises his younger brother.
Theme Song: Welcome to the Machine
Did you read the rules? Yes

APPROVED! I love this guy! Especially that picture of him! :)

Farilexasm
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Farilexasm » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:17 pm

Posted for Alberto.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Farilexasm wrote:Posted for Alberto.

Once Kitrina's done with Batgirl do you think she’d have heard about the bounty? Could spark some conflict between Alberto and Kitrina.

Nevrintik
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevrintik » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Posted for Blacklist.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Nevrintik wrote:Posted for Blacklist.

Posted for Whitesnake. Blake shouldn’t have opened his mouth.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Nevrintik
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevrintik » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:16 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Nevrintik wrote:Posted for Blacklist.

Posted for Whitesnake. Blake shouldn’t have opened his mouth.

You shouldn't have assumed that Blake wouldn't have planned for something like that. ;)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse