NATION

PASSWORD

Age of Imperialism: A Colonization RP (Reboot, OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:03 am

App ready, just need a thing from Absolon-7.
Official Name: ZápadoSłováńský Králevství
Population: 124.480.112

King: Král Michal I Kolovrát
Population growth: 2,3%

Queen: Královna Klaudia Katmařková-Kolovrátová
PPP GDP: 5.848 billion SK (Slavic Krunas)

Heirs: Crown Prince Oleg, Crown Princess Sylvia,
Warsaw Dukess Oksana, Prince of Prague Paveł
Nominal GDP: 3.868 billion USD

Current Royal Family: Kolovrát House
Fertility Index: 2,1 childs per woman

Fyrilo
Civilian

Founded: Jul 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fyrilo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:49 am

NS Name: Fyrilo
Nation Name: 1st Kingdom of Yucatán
Capital City: Mérida
Territory: The former states of Yucatán, Campeche, Quintana Roo, and Tabasco
Government type (Republic, Monarchy etc): Absolute Monarchy
Head of State: King Leonardo I de Márquez
Head of Government: King Leonardo I de Márquez
Population: 1,000,000 est.
Religion: Roman Catholicism
Army: The Army of Yucatán was first made up of Native troops led by General Leonardo as well as those Legionnaires which deserted Emperor Maximilian. They managed to take hold of several states to hold off against the Republican forces.
Navy: The Navy of Yucatán was officially founded in 1878, but got their first ship in 1880 which was named el Emperador Maximiliano.
History: A Mexican General; Leonardo Márquez led Native forces down to Southern Mexico, though he was defeated at Puebla he soon found reinforcements in the form of the Legionnaires that had deserted far before Querétaro. They moved down to the Southwest to take some lands, fighting the few Republicans & the rebellious Mayans. Initially the 3rd Mexican Empire, the Government decided by 1878 that they would be Yucatán - this led to an influx of foreigners which helped advance the technology of the state, albeit not into a superpower but into a well enough off state.

Is this good or do I need to add more? This is my first post as well as first rp.

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:34 am

Terre Australes wrote:
OK, thanks.

Absolon-7, would you be OK with me playing German Namibia?

I would not be okay with it.

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:20 am

NS Name: Greater Slavic Union.

Nation Name: Western Slavic Kingdom.

Capital City: Warsaw.

Territory: Poland, Belarus, Czechoslovakia, parts of Ukraine.

Government type: Constitutional Monarchy modelled after the UK's, with the monarch having vast powers, yet checks being in place thanks to the existence of a bicameral Parliament.

Head of State: King Michał Jaromír I Mąwrowski.

Head of Government: King Michał Jaromír I Mąwrowski, sharing power with the Prime Minister, Sir Juliusz Jarosław Czarnecki.

Population: 42,976,804

Religion: The state recognises Roman Catholicism as its official religion, however, for a person to become the Monarch, the only religious limitations in place are the requirement that that person be either Christian (of any affiliation) or non-religious. For what concerns the population, it must be said that it is mostly Roman Catholic, with large groups of Eastern Orthodox Christians and non-believers (23,5% and 17,3% of the population respectively) and a small minority of Protestants. Jews are a substantial minority.
Army: The army of the Western Slavic Kingdom can rely on a peace-time standing force of 350,000 volunteers, who spend their military service training, drilling, and preparing for warfare for six days a week. There then is the reserve troops, that are divided into two tiers: Tier One units are formed by volunteers and conscripts alike (75% of the unit is formed by volunteers, 25% by conscripts), with a peace-time strength which is 75% of their wartime strength (75% of the intended wartime personnel is present in barracks as if the unit was a regular one, 24/7, while the remaining 25% train for two days per week with the rest of the unit); Tier Two units are formed partly by volunteers and partly by conscripts (50% and 50% respectively), with half the unit training 24/7, being reached by the remaining half for exercises one day per week. The Army is generally armed with up-to-date equipment and is even above other nations in certain areas.

Navy: WSK can't into sea.

History: In 1422, during the Hussite Wars, the nobles of Bohemia offered the Crown of King of Bohemia to the Polish King, Władysław II. Instead of declining the offer as his advisors told him to do, Władysław accepted, and named his nephew, Sigismund Korybut, to govern the country in his stead. The proposal was accepted with two conditions: that the Ultraquists and the Taborites factions of the Hussites reconcile; and that the Hussites reconcile with the Church. As the Polish-Lithuanian state intervened in the affair of the Hussite Wars, the King of Hungary and pretendant to the Bohemian throne, Sigismund, went to war with its neighbouring eastern European power in 1424: the war ultimately resulted in Poland-Lithuania taking over Slovakia and Carpathian Ruthenia from Hungary, as well as in Sigismund formally renouncing his claims to the Bohemian throne. With Poland-Lithuania backing the Hussites, and with a war on them possibly resulting in a war against Poland, the crusading spirit slowly came to a halt and the Church was finally forced to negotiate with the Hussites in 1428: an agreement was reached thanks to the mediation of the King of Aragon Alfonso V, an agreement based on the Hussites' Four Articles of Prague and with which the Church agreed to make the Hussites to preach the word of God in Czech, to celebrate the communion under both kinds, and to punish people for mortal sins regardless of their social status (in which case, it was agreed that differences be made between the classes and that the Church in the Lands of the Bohemian Crown shall not exercise the death penalty, instead being able to punish the believer through other, principally moral and religious means).
The newly found political stability of Bohemia made it possible for the region to thrive economically, thanks to the presence of the strong Polish state, eventually resulting in Prague rivalling Vienna in the volume of trade passing through its streets from Central and Western Europe towards the Balkans or vice-versa.
The Polish and Lithuanian states formed a Union in 1569, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, which then integrated Bohemia in 1571.
In 1573, upon the death of Sigismund II Jagiełło, his son Sigismund took power under the name of Sigismund III. Under Sigismund III, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth changed its official name to Western Slavic Commonwealth and started enacting large, critical reforms to the State, limiting the powers of the Sejm and expanding those of the Monarch, while also freeing the existing serfs and setting up measures to prevent that farmers be made into serfs.
The Hussite issue having been solved and the Western Slavic Commonwealth's policy of religious tolerance towards all Christian affiliations and Jews limited the involvement of the Western Slavic Commonwealth in the European wars of religion of the XVI and XVII centuries. The Thirty Years' War, kickstarted by the conflict between the Duchy of Saxony and the Austrian emperors of the HRE, saw the Western Slavic Commonwealth staying neutral most of the time while allowing the citizens of the Commonwealth to serve as mercenaries in foreign armies.
Jan II Kazimierz of the House of Jagiełło, who ascended to the Western Slavic throne in 1624, modernised the army and the State, which became a centralised state on the model of the other states in Europe (also renaming it to Western Slavic Kingdom). A professional army was then formed, and it was very soon tested on the field: the Polish-Swedish war of 1626-29 saw the new Western Slavic army against the Swedish army in support of the HRE during the Thirty Years' War, and, while it did prove capable of fighting a modern war, it was evident that the reforms would need time to have a long-standing, positive effect. The following wars fought under Jan's reign were all won, including the Russo-Polish war of 1654-1667, a victory which ensured Western Slavic dominance over a large portion of Ukraine, including Kiev.
In the XVIII Century, the Kingdom faced troubles and instability, with the reign of the Jagiełło family being rigged by scandals and corruption. In 1733, upon the death of the Jagiełło King August II, the throne was passed from him to Jaromír Mąwrowski, a general of the Army from a noble family with a long military history, by the Kingdom's Sejm. The election of Jaromír, with the Monarch trying to further expand the army and the economy, was not well-received by the Russian Empire, which, under Empress Anna Ioannovna, first tried to intervene in the election by supporting the other candidate, Frederick August II von Wettin, the Elector of Saxony, and later militarily intervened against the Kingdom. The war lasted for two years, from 1733 to 1735, and was mostly fought in the plains of Ukraine and Belarus. After two years of battling, Russia and the Kingdom reached a final agreement in which Jaromír, who, by then, had adopted the name of Jaromír I, promised to protect "The interests of the Russian population in Ukraine" in exchange for recognition. The reforms started by Jaromír were starting to gain traction when he died in 1737 and the new King, Jarosław I, wasted the reforms introduced by his father by copying Prussian tactics and uniforms, just as it would later happen to the Russians. The army, thrown into the War of the Austrian Succession with foreign tactics and uniforms, tactics and uniforms that were strangers to the soldiers and to which they were not used, performed extremely poorly and forced the Kingdom to give up Silesia to Prussia. The following years, after the death of Jarosław in 1748, saw the Kingdom reversing his reforms under his 23-year-old son, Krzystof August. After having reversed his father's reforms, Krzystof I August further improved the Army model devised by Jaromír. The Royal Western Slavic Army then fought in the Seven Years' war on Prussia's side, and it is widely recognised that, without the intervention of forces from the WSK, the Prussian forces would have been defeated at Kunersdorf, Zorndorf, and Gross-Jägersdorf; instead, the intervention of Western Slavic troops in these battles reinforced the Prussian contingents to the point when complete defeat could be avoided. Furthermore, the Russians had troubles in passing through Poland, and their operations were critically slowed down by the WSK's army's operations.
The help the WSK provided for during the Seven Years' War was not to be remembered by the Prussian state during the partitions of the Kingdom. Between 1770 and 1790, the WSK lost its coastal territories on the Baltic, lands in Ukraine and in Belarus, as well as part of its territories in Hungary, while retaining the control of Bohemia and Slovakia thanks to the victories over the invading Habsburg forces between 1773 and 1785.
During the period of the Napoleonic wars, again, Western Slavic contingents were allowed to serve as mercenaries in the French armies, while the WSK remained neutrality, allowing for the passage of troops and supplies of both sides over its lands but intervening with its garrisons whenever the armies of the French or their allies went to battle with the coalition's armies. Such a pragmatist attitude made the urban economy flourish, as the industry was supplying both sides with garments and products of the textile industry, and it limited the damages made to the rural economy, in some cases even reinforcing it as the farmers were allowed to sell food to the passing armies; of course, the constant passage of armies throughout the territory of the Kingdom did have negative effects, but the Kingdom, thanks to the money it collected through the taxation of a now-richer population, was able to limit these effects.
After the end of the Napoleonic wars, the XIX Century has so far been one of prosperity and peace for the Kingdom, which managed to greatly expand its economy and experienced a large population boom in the last three decades. The Western Slavic Kingdom has ties to Prussia and Russia, two countries that have come to terms with the WSK and now have an alliance with it, and the new King Michał Jaromír is eager to exploit such friendships to expand, the Western Slavic-Prussian friendship in particular, to expand the territories of the Kingdom, a country which, after decades of peace, as well as decades of military and economic build-up, wants to demonstrate the Old World it is now a force to be reckoned with, once again.

Additional Info:
Last edited by Greater Slavic Union on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terre Australes
Envoy

Founded: Jun 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Australes » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:52 am

Absolon-7 wrote:
Terre Australes wrote:
OK, thanks.

Absolon-7, would you be OK with me playing German Namibia?

Why not?
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats!

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:21 pm

Terre Australes wrote:
Absolon-7 wrote:

Why not?

I believe he wants to be completely in charge of his colonies.

Terre Australes
Envoy

Founded: Jun 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Australes » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Greater Slavic Union wrote:
Terre Australes wrote:
Why not?

I believe he wants to be completely in charge of his colonies.

That's understandable. Sorry about asking.

Good luck with this RP.
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats!

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:32 pm

Fyrilo wrote:NS Name: Fyrilo
Army: The Army of Yucatán was first made up of Native troops led by General Leonardo as well as those Legionnaires which deserted Emperor Maximilian. They managed to take hold of several states to hold off against the Republican forces.
Navy: The Navy of Yucatán was officially founded in 1878, but got their first ship in 1880 which was named el Emperador Maximiliano.
History: A Mexican General; Leonardo Márquez led Native forces down to Southern Mexico, though he was defeated at Puebla he soon found reinforcements in the form of the Legionnaires that had deserted far before Querétaro. They moved down to the Southwest to take some lands, fighting the few Republicans & the rebellious Mayans. Initially the 3rd Mexican Empire, the Government decided by 1878 that they would be Yucatán - this led to an influx of foreigners which helped advance the technology of the state, albeit not into a superpower but into a well enough off state.

Is this good or do I need to add more? This is my first post as well as first rp.

The app overall is pretty good. But I would prefer to have a number for how many soldiers you have, and you could possibly expand on the history as well. Just make a few changes and add some stuff, and you'll be fine'

Greater Slavic Union wrote:NS Name: Greater Slavic Union.

Government type: Constitutional Monarchy modelled after the UK's, with the monarch having vast powers, yet checks being in place thanks to the existence of a bicameral Parliament.

Head of Government: King Michał Jaromír I Mąwrowski, sharing power with the Prime Minister, Sir Juliusz Jarosław Czarnecki.

Religion: The state recognises Roman Catholicism as its official religion, however, for a person to become the Monarch, the only religious limitations in place are the requirement that that person be either Christian (of any affiliation) or non-religious. For what concerns the population, it must be said that it is mostly Roman Catholic, with large groups of Eastern Orthodox Christians and non-believers (23,5% and 17,3% of the population respectively) and a small minority of Protestants. Jews are a substantial minority.
Army: The army of the Western Slavic Kingdom can rely on a peace-time standing force of 350,000 volunteers, who spend their military service training, drilling, and preparing for warfare for six days a week. There then is the reserve troops, that are divided into two tiers: Tier One units are formed by volunteers and conscripts alike (75% of the unit is formed by volunteers, 25% by conscripts), with a peace-time strength which is 75% of their wartime strength (75% of the intended wartime personnel is present in barracks as if the unit was a regular one, 24/7, while the remaining 25% train for two days per week with the rest of the unit); Tier Two units are formed partly by volunteers and partly by conscripts (50% and 50% respectively), with half the unit training 24/7, being reached by the remaining half for exercises one day per week. The Army is generally armed with up-to-date equipment and is even above other nations in certain areas.

History: In 1422, during the Hussite Wars, the nobles of Bohemia offered the Crown of King of Bohemia to the Polish King, Władysław II. Instead of declining the offer as his advisors told him to do, Władysław accepted, and named his nephew, Sigismund Korybut, to govern the country in his stead. The proposal was accepted with two conditions: that the Ultraquists and the Taborites factions of the Hussites reconcile; and that the Hussites reconcile with the Church. As the Polish-Lithuanian state intervened in the affair of the Hussite Wars, the King of Hungary and pretendant to the Bohemian throne, Sigismund, went to war with its neighbouring eastern European power in 1424: the war ultimately resulted in Poland-Lithuania taking over Slovakia and Carpathian Ruthenia from Hungary, as well as in Sigismund formally renouncing his claims to the Bohemian throne. With Poland-Lithuania backing the Hussites, and with a war on them possibly resulting in a war against Poland, the crusading spirit slowly came to a halt and the Church was finally forced to negotiate with the Hussites in 1428: an agreement was reached thanks to the mediation of the King of Aragon Alfonso V, an agreement based on the Hussites' Four Articles of Prague and with which the Church agreed to make the Hussites to preach the word of God in Czech, to celebrate the communion under both kinds, and to punish people for mortal sins regardless of their social status (in which case, it was agreed that differences be made between the classes and that the Church in the Lands of the Bohemian Crown shall not exercise the death penalty, instead being able to punish the believer through other, principally moral and religious means).
The newly found political stability of Bohemia made it possible for the region to thrive economically, thanks to the presence of the strong Polish state, eventually resulting in Prague rivalling Vienna in the volume of trade passing through its streets from Central and Western Europe towards the Balkans or vice-versa.
The Polish and Lithuanian states formed a Union in 1569, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, which then integrated Bohemia in 1571.
In 1573, upon the death of Sigismund II Jagiełło, his son Sigismund took power under the name of Sigismund III. Under Sigismund III, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth changed its official name to Western Slavic Commonwealth and started enacting large, critical reforms to the State, limiting the powers of the Sejm and expanding those of the Monarch, while also freeing the existing serfs and setting up measures to prevent that farmers be made into serfs.
The Hussite issue having been solved and the Western Slavic Commonwealth's policy of religious tolerance towards all Christian affiliations and Jews limited the involvement of the Western Slavic Commonwealth in the European wars of religion of the XVI and XVII centuries. The Thirty Years' War, kickstarted by the conflict between the Duchy of Saxony and the Austrian emperors of the HRE, saw the Western Slavic Commonwealth staying neutral most of the time while allowing the citizens of the Commonwealth to serve as mercenaries in foreign armies.
Jan II Kazimierz of the House of Jagiełło, who ascended to the Western Slavic throne in 1624, modernised the army and the State, which became a centralised state on the model of the other states in Europe (also renaming it to Western Slavic Kingdom). A professional army was then formed, and it was very soon tested on the field: the Polish-Swedish war of 1626-29 saw the new Western Slavic army against the Swedish army in support of the HRE during the Thirty Years' War, and, while it did prove capable of fighting a modern war, it was evident that the reforms would need time to have a long-standing, positive effect. The following wars fought under Jan's reign were all won, including the Russo-Polish war of 1654-1667, a victory which ensured Western Slavic dominance over a large portion of Ukraine, including Kiev.
In the XVIII Century, the Kingdom faced troubles and instability, with the reign of the Jagiełło family being rigged by scandals and corruption. In 1733, upon the death of the Jagiełło King August II, the throne was passed from him to Jaromír Mąwrowski, a general of the Army from a noble family with a long military history, by the Kingdom's Sejm. The election of Jaromír, with the Monarch trying to further expand the army and the economy, was not well-received by the Russian Empire, which, under Empress Anna Ioannovna, first tried to intervene in the election by supporting the other candidate, Frederick August II von Wettin, the Elector of Saxony, and later militarily intervened against the Kingdom. The war lasted for two years, from 1733 to 1735, and was mostly fought in the plains of Ukraine and Belarus. After two years of battling, Russia and the Kingdom reached a final agreement in which Jaromír, who, by then, had adopted the name of Jaromír I, promised to protect "The interests of the Russian population in Ukraine" in exchange for recognition. The reforms started by Jaromír were starting to gain traction when he died in 1737 and the new King, Jarosław I, wasted the reforms introduced by his father by copying Prussian tactics and uniforms, just as it would later happen to the Russians. The army, thrown into the War of the Austrian Succession with foreign tactics and uniforms, tactics and uniforms that were strangers to the soldiers and to which they were not used, performed extremely poorly and forced the Kingdom to give up Silesia to Prussia. The following years, after the death of Jarosław in 1748, saw the Kingdom reversing his reforms under his 23-year-old son, Krzystof August. After having reversed his father's reforms, Krzystof I August further improved the Army model devised by Jaromír. The Royal Western Slavic Army then fought in the Seven Years' war on Prussia's side, and it is widely recognised that, without the intervention of forces from the WSK, the Prussian forces would have been defeated at Kunersdorf, Zorndorf, and Gross-Jägersdorf; instead, the intervention of Western Slavic troops in these battles reinforced the Prussian contingents to the point when complete defeat could be avoided. Furthermore, the Russians had troubles in passing through Poland, and their operations were critically slowed down by the WSK's army's operations.
The help the WSK provided for during the Seven Years' War was not to be remembered by the Prussian state during the partitions of the Kingdom. Between 1770 and 1790, the WSK lost its coastal territories on the Baltic, lands in Ukraine and in Belarus, as well as part of its territories in Hungary, while retaining the control of Bohemia and Slovakia thanks to the victories over the invading Habsburg forces between 1773 and 1785.
During the period of the Napoleonic wars, again, Western Slavic contingents were allowed to serve as mercenaries in the French armies, while the WSK remained neutrality, allowing for the passage of troops and supplies of both sides over its lands but intervening with its garrisons whenever the armies of the French or their allies went to battle with the coalition's armies. Such a pragmatist attitude made the urban economy flourish, as the industry was supplying both sides with garments and products of the textile industry, and it limited the damages made to the rural economy, in some cases even reinforcing it as the farmers were allowed to sell food to the passing armies; of course, the constant passage of armies throughout the territory of the Kingdom did have negative effects, but the Kingdom, thanks to the money it collected through the taxation of a now-richer population, was able to limit these effects.
After the end of the Napoleonic wars, the XIX Century has so far been one of prosperity and peace for the Kingdom, which managed to greatly expand its economy and experienced a large population boom in the last three decades. The Western Slavic Kingdom has ties to Prussia and Russia, two countries that have come to terms with the WSK and now have an alliance with it, and the new King Michał Jaromír is eager to exploit such friendships to expand, the Western Slavic-Prussian friendship in particular, to expand the territories of the Kingdom, a country which, after decades of peace, as well as decades of military and economic build-up, wants to demonstrate the Old World it is now a force to be reckoned with, once again.

Additional Info:

Accepted
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:39 pm

So we should probably host that Berlin Conference now that we have some European powers to roleplay with...

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:18 am

Asardia wrote:
Fyrilo wrote:NS Name: Fyrilo

The app overall is pretty good. But I would prefer to have a number for how many soldiers you have, and you could possibly expand on the history as well. Just make a few changes and add some stuff, and you'll be fine'

Greater Slavic Union wrote:NS Name: Greater Slavic Union.

Additional Info:

Accepted

Good to know. Gonna start working on a post today.

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:41 pm

Also, one brief question... what lies to the East and South of my lands? I assume Romania is on my Southern flank, but is Russia to my East or is it something else bordering with me there?

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:52 pm

I'd say Russia to your east

Cabana
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:22 am

ive been a bit under the weather recently so sorry for not posting
ill try to come up with something soon
Post-Sarcastic Gnostic Anarcho-Fascist
Bezombia wrote:-Reagan was a Pastafarian and had statues of Cthulhu in his bed every night.
-Vladimir Lenin was married to Reagan's wife. Make of that what you will.
come on and slam
Only results! This world only remembers the results!

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:09 pm

I'm sorry for the length of the post and its low quality, but it's been a while since I last RP'd (months, in fact). I assure you that the quality of my posts will increase.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:00 am

Still here. A bit out of my typical style, but given the nature of The Horde I think it is fitting that my first post be reactionary. Once someone does something to me, then I'll write up a nice post.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:05 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:Still here. A bit out of my typical style, but given the nature of The Horde I think it is fitting that my first post be reactionary. Once someone does something to me, then I'll write up a nice post.

Eh, I'm waiting for the Berlin Conference when the European nations divide your lands up in a formal style to invade you.

Also on that note perhaps we should partition Eygpt as well? I think he's inactive.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:29 am

Also given the pace of the game so far, perhaps we should transition to six months a page rather than the current three?

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Greater Slavic Union wrote:I'm sorry for the length of the post and its low quality, but it's been a while since I last RP'd (months, in fact). I assure you that the quality of my posts will increase.

You don't have to worry. You did a good job on your post

Novas Arcanum wrote:Also given the pace of the game so far, perhaps we should transition to six months a page rather than the current three?

I agree.

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:Still here. A bit out of my typical style, but given the nature of The Horde I think it is fitting that my first post be reactionary. Once someone does something to me, then I'll write up a nice post.

Eh, I'm waiting for the Berlin Conference when the European nations divide your lands up in a formal style to invade you.

Also on that note perhaps we should partition Eygpt as well? I think he's inactive.

Give him a bit longer, I'm sure he'll start up soon

Iastalia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Iastalia » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:06 pm

So I'm thinking that an HRE-esque union gradually forms over a couple centuries during the early middle ages, it spans the Caucasus and parts of Ukraine and is created due to the threat of external invasion and an impressive amount of internal politicking. Despite its overwhelming amount of bureaucracy, corruption, and inefficiency, it manages to survive until the late 18th century, before collapsing due to a botched invasion of Russia followed quickly by a curb-stomping from Napoleon. Most of the nobility that makes up the 100+ feudal states die on the battlefield and the power vacuum they leave leads to over two decades of war and chaos. A couple minor kingdoms rise out of the region, but having yet to consolidate their new bases of power they decide to reform and reinstate the Pan-Caucasian/Ukrainian Union in order to gain some protection against foreign influence. By 1884 they stabilized, pacified, and even westernized enough of the region to once again enter international politics.

Thoughts?
Does not use NS stats
Feudal space kingdom that operates on the ideal of federal autocracy with local democracy, is also in a cold war with space communist.
Pro: Hierarchy, law and order, nationalism, militarism, federal autocracy with local democracy, private property ownership, racial equality, cultural imperialism, marriage equality, limited free speech, state sponsored censorship, secularism, and industrial paternalism.

Anti: Communism, liberalism, private gun ownership, direct democracy, recreational drug use, alcohol, environmentalism, the military-industrial complex, universal healthcare, religious fundamentalism, EU, and UN.

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Iastalia wrote:So I'm thinking that an HRE-esque union gradually forms over a couple centuries during the early middle ages, it spans the Caucasus and parts of Ukraine and is created due to the threat of external invasion and an impressive amount of internal politicking. Despite its overwhelming amount of bureaucracy, corruption, and inefficiency, it manages to survive until the late 18th century, before collapsing due to a botched invasion of Russia followed quickly by a curb-stomping from Napoleon. Most of the nobility that makes up the 100+ feudal states die on the battlefield and the power vacuum they leave leads to over two decades of war and chaos. A couple minor kingdoms rise out of the region, but having yet to consolidate their new bases of power they decide to reform and reinstate the Pan-Caucasian/Ukrainian Union in order to gain some protection against foreign influence. By 1884 they stabilized, pacified, and even westernized enough of the region to once again enter international politics.

Thoughts?

Just two things:
1. Half of Ukraine is under my control.
2. How would you cope with like two centuries of Russian invasions, given the extremely small manpower pool of the Caucasus?

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:02 am

Has this died already?

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:54 am

I'm still here y'all need to post lol

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:30 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:I'm still here y'all need to post lol

There are quite a few people who haven't posted yet.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:44 pm

Maybe a reboot sometime in the future?Such a shame I really enjoyed this.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse