NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:27 pm

Whalestron wrote:
Lic wrote:
Yeah, but Bane looks dangerous to Tim, he thinks it best to call GCPD if not to fight Bane but to help evacuate the area if things get nasty.

Might end up becoming a boy who cried wolf thing, though.

That would be hilarious! If Bane was gone by the time everyone showed up and no one believed Tim and thought that he was just trying to get attention and garner sympathy. :lol:

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:37 pm

Having some computer issues... I will post when they are resolved...
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:You going to be posting soon for Question, Tam?

Oh shoot! I made a post yesterday, but I forgot to submit it. So sorry about that Yaana.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:33 am

So... how many Overwatch characters do we have?

The Tricolour
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tricolour » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:09 am

I'm on vacation, so I won't be able to post as often.
Join Alternis Mundi!

UKCS wrote:Appears right-wing (FKBS) and it also seems French.
NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE!

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:54 am

The Tricolour wrote:I'm on vacation, so I won't be able to post as often.

No problem, have a good time.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:30 am

I am here! :) On vacation, Tri? How dare you?! :lol: Haha, j/k, have a great one, see ya when you get back! :)

Edit-wait, we have Overwatch characters? :lol:
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:32 am

United States of Brainy wrote:I am here! :) On vacation, Tri? How dare you?! :lol: Haha, j/k, have a great one, see ya when you get back! :)

Edit-wait, we have Overwatch characters? :lol:

Apparently, never played it so I'm not aware if we do.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:36 am

[spoiler=oh let's break it down]
New Castillan Empire wrote:Hero APP:
Name/Alias: André Van Damme a.k.a Hardbass
Appearance: <----Just this but with a black version of this mask for a face, and also chariot skates with neon blue edges and razor-sharp blades on the wheels themselves.
Personality: Being cocky, humorous , energetic and somewhat narcissistic, Andre is also quite social and find himself having time to meet his fans if they recognise him
Faction: Independent vigilante for now, might join a faction later in the RP.
Race: White European human
Backstory: Born in Namur, Belgium in 1990, Andre was born to a middle class family with 3 brothers, 2 of which were older than him. As a young child, Andre had an attatchment to all sorts of pop music or anything with modern electronic instruments, especially things like R&B and electro swing, mainly because the sound of the instrumentals interested him and got him sucked into the rhythm, which encouraged him to take up being an electronica musician, starting in 1998 under a small, private name where he practiced until 2003, releasing some of his many tracks. He performed on street corners, in block parties, and as he got older, at a string of legendary underground shows that made him grow extremely popular all over Europe for his tracks, and gained enough funds to chase his dream of hitting it big with the records in the USA, moving over to New York. Andre wanted to find a way to lift the spirits of those around him. He found his answer in music and its power to bring people together and even help them forget their troubles, if only for a short time.

However, one night he was set to perform in Gotham inside Robinson Park, where, conveniently, Batman was busy engaging Deadshot. A rare stray bullet had managed to hit an explosive part of the rig manned by Andre, causing it to explode, nearly killing him and severely burning and mutilating him all over, placing him in hospital. A crowdfund was arranged for people to donate to his cause to help turn him to be able to make more music and make the world a better place, and it succeeded, but however, Andre chose to repair himself with the money by arranging LexCorp to build him into a sort of cyborg, making him able to function normally at the cost of his own, normal body.

But being reminded of his own accident that turned him into a "god damned robot", he didn't want anyone else who had less fortune to suffer through what he did without any rebuttal. He stole LexCorp sonic technology that was being designed and he converted it into a weapon that could be powered by music. Now he roams the streets, peacefully pacifying criminals undercover at his own free will whilst keeping his own reputation as a grand DJ and EDM artist.
Powers/Weapons/Tech: A light-up music gun he had built himself using LexCorp tech is able to shoot out a laser beam that he can use to shock and stun the enemy, or make into a positive, harmless charge that can empower his friends in need. He also has good physical durability and, with his rollerblades,
Weaknesses: He can't really fight beyond that much of a street-thug in hand-to-hand combat and relies on his technologies alot, and also does partake in using marijuana sometimes, which may hurt his reputation when revealed
Skills: He's good in sports like soccer and tennis and especially has a major thing for making music and DJing. Usually on a non-busy night, he can easily get bored and hijack the nearest nightclub (not in a violent sense) to perform his well-known beats.
RP Examples: Here's an old RP I had
Extra Information He is ownership of a female albino pug named Guyanne back in his adpartment, his favourite food is garlic bread (albeit in a certain manner his mother used to cook it in) and he has a foot fetish.
Day Job: Professional electronica musician and local celebrity
Living Place: He owns a room in an apartment down in Bristol County. He also owns an overseas (usually holiday-based) home back in native Belgium, one in Ypres and the other in good ol' Namur.
Voice Actor: Justin Rolland (think this but with a faint Franco-Belgian accent. Also, when he speaks normally, he usually has a GLADoS-esque autotuned tone. Just help me decide which actor sounds more similar to this)
Likes/Dislikes: He likes listening to music, creating music, basically anything related to such a topic, and also partakes in hobbies such as soccer, parkour and ice skating. He hates rap music, being ignored for a consistent amount of time and also hides a slight comedic grudge against the Dutch.
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ObMMRcu0qk
Did you read the rules? Yup.

P.S. I'm thinking of also making a villain for him to fight in his own arc. Am I allowed to do that?

[/spoiler]

Only one I know of, bio even reads like the counterpart's lol
Last edited by Whalestron on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:38 am

So...I'm writing a post about Lydia coming back home from the pawn shop and it's already 500 words and I'm only a third of the way through, maybe, so I'm getting worried about whether I should even post this thing, it's going to be that long. And there's not even any action or anything! :lol:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:41 am

Hahahahaha, Whales! :lol: He sorta reminded me of a female Dazzler, like the really cheesy original 80s version of her! I think she went around on a bunch of disco-powered roller skates too! :lol:

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:43 am

United States of Brainy wrote:So...I'm writing a post about Lydia coming back home from the pawn shop and it's already 500 words and I'm only a third of the way through, maybe, so I'm getting worried about whether I should even post this thing, it's going to be that long. And there's not even any action or anything! :lol:

Hahaha go for it!
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:50 am

United States of Brainy wrote:So...I'm writing a post about Lydia coming back home from the pawn shop and it's already 500 words and I'm only a third of the way through, maybe, so I'm getting worried about whether I should even post this thing, it's going to be that long. And there's not even any action or anything! :lol:

Of course you should! My first Harley post was at least 900 words.

And you all totally read that, riiiight?...
Last edited by Yaana Noore on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:09 am

Yaana Noore wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Of course you should! My first Harley post was at least 900 words.

And you all totally read that, riiiight?...

Of course, I read it, yeahhhh... :unsure:

:lol: j/k! It memories serves (and no, I didn't just go back and check so I'm not cheating), it had something to do with living in a shitty neighborhood and talking in the mirror. The fact that I remember that after what, two or three weeks, attests to how awesome that post was! :) Okay, thanks for the encouragement, Lic and Yaana, I'll work on it right now! :)

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Sorry, guys today I just didn't get to this. I just put it off. But I've got an idea for my post and will work on it. Plan to get in up tomorrow.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:Sorry, guys today I just didn't get to this. I just put it off. But I've got an idea for my post and will work on it. Plan to get in up tomorrow.

No prob, Freedom, take your time. :) And Main, I know I owe you a Penguin post, I'll try to have one for you tomorrow. ;)

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:59 am

So, Brainy. Which pressing concern is Babs gonna pick? The bank robbery, or Tim getting his ass handed to him to the tenth power?

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:18 am

Whalestron wrote:So, Brainy. Which pressing concern is Babs gonna pick? The bank robbery, or Tim getting his ass handed to him to the tenth power?

I'm going to kick all ze villains back to arkham with my mighty TONFA

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:22 am

Vevengess Ary
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Vevengess Ary » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:23 am

Posted.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:29 am

Finally posted
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:38 am

Haedros 92712 wrote:Finally posted

Replied.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:56 am

I will try to get to writting a post as soon as i can

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:30 am

What? Did you all just come out of your secret conference meeting and got busy posting? :lol: And why wasn't I invited to this group huddle?! :lol: Okay, okay, gimme like an hour and I'll have a combined Babs/Pengy post! :)

Turkducken
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:34 am

Skarten wrote:I will try to get to writting a post as soon as i can

Should I wait for the Asailant to act before I post?
Discord: Turkducken#3718

That's a She/Her from me Boss

Metal...Gear?!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse