NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Fronket wrote:Shot cops? Extra police supervision? Seems time for Chief Bullock to jump in...

Yessss

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Posted once again.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:45 pm

Hey, Lic, just out of curiosity, what kind of anti-theft security system does Red Robin's monster truck have?

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:39 pm

You shot her in the foot, I can't believe it!!! :rofl:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:46 pm

OKAY, FOLKS, OFFICIAL-LIKE OP ANNOUNCEMENT!

Effective immediately, Haedros 92712, Tamrida and Yaana Noore will be my new Co-OPs. They have full power to approve apps and to answer any questions and settle any disputes that arise. Their word is law same as mine and I expect that you give them the same respect you give me. I'm glad to have them helping me out and they have my full congratulations and support.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:47 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:

Effective immediately, Haedros 92712, Tamrida and Yaana Noore will be my new Co-OPs. They have full power to approve apps and to answer any questions and settle any disputes that arise. Their word is law same as mine and I expect that you give them the same respect you give me. I'm glad to have them helping me out and they have my full congratulations and support.

:clap:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:06 pm

Thanks for the support, Whales! :) I bet that Haedros feels bad about shooting your character in the foot now. :p

Hey, Personal Freedom, I have an idea! Since those kids turned him in, how about Jarvis waking up in a cell with Sondra? I figure that since Arkham is a wreck that the police probably just stuck him in a max security cell at City Jail/Central Booking with Sondra until they can figure out what to do with you both. ;)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:09 pm

Boo! She didn't get shot in the foot! What a wimp-out! :lol:

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:23 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Hey, Lic, just out of curiosity, what kind of anti-theft security system does Red Robin's monster truck have?

Not much, a couple of sirens go off if broken into, the wheel and accelerator autolock and its pretty hard to hotwire this car, however, it is connected to the internet and can be driven if it’s securitu systems are hacked.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

Lic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:24 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:

Yay! Congrats!

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:30 pm

And the Penny Plunderer has raised himself some infamy.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:42 pm

Lic wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Hey, Lic, just out of curiosity, what kind of anti-theft security system does Red Robin's monster truck have?

Not much, a couple of sirens go off if broken into, the wheel and accelerator autolock and its pretty hard to hotwire this car, however, it is connected to the internet and can be driven if it’s securitu systems are hacked.

Thanks for the info! *acts innocent*

Main Nation Ministry wrote:And the Penny Plunderer has raised himself some infamy.

And this is why Blockbuster went out of business. :p

Fronket
Envoy

Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Fronket » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:02 pm

Posted.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:08 pm

I'm glad that Harvey takes his drinking as seriously as he takes his job. The citizens of Gotham should feel safe knowing that, they're in such good, albeit more than drunk, hands. :lol:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:17 pm

Great post, Fronket! :) (Sorry, I was having so much fun with your post, i forgot to tell you that.)

Lic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:18 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:I'm glad that Harvey takes his drinking as seriously as he takes his job. The citizens of Gotham should feel safe knowing that, they're in such good, albeit more than drunk, hands. :lol:

Is Babs still at Harley’s right now? Like, as Bane threatens the city?

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:21 pm

Lic wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:I'm glad that Harvey takes his drinking as seriously as he takes his job. The citizens of Gotham should feel safe knowing that, they're in such good, albeit more than drunk, hands. :lol:

Well, actually, time frames are a little skewed here. The Bane message comes after where Brainy is time wise, I do believe.

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:23 pm

Anyone going to be at the Iceberg Lounge? Joseph Coyne wants to head there to make some "business" and wants to plan something.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Turkducken
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:24 pm

Villain APP:
Name/Alias: Garfield Lynns aka The Firefly
Appearance:
Personality: Obsessive, Sadistic, Artistic, Ingenious
Faction: The Two-Face Gang
Affiliation: Two-Face
Race: Human
Backstory: Garfield Lynns is a native Gothamite. Being born and raised within the city limits to a poor, working-class family in the East End. Garfield showed signs of prodigal intelligence and creativity at an early age. Finding him to be gifted in both the arts and mathematics, his parents worked exceptionally hard to send him to the finest private school Gotham had to offer. Garfield eventually graduated from High School, and attended Gotham University on a fullride Scholarship for Special Effects and Sound Design, he graduated as a Pyrotechnic Engineer and found work at Panessa Studios. As a lead pyrotechnics expert, Garfield was instrumental in the creation of the hit movie "By the Light of the Lamp", as well as other smaller works that were critically acclaimed. He crafted a meager life for himself out of his earnings, and was content with his lot in life. However Panessa Studios was, in reality, a front operation for the Falcone Crime Family; and as the earnings for the Studio fell certain cuts had to be made to preserve the illusion. Garfield took grave offense to this, and quietly ruminated, plotting his revenge on the Falcone family and his old boss, Anthony Falcone.

In secret Garfield took part in a variety of heists across Gotham and Blüdhaven, slowly amassing the technology to create his masterpiece of pyrotechnical genius. It was a functioning jetpack, allowing him up to 5 hours of uninterrupted flight, at the cost of a large reserve of his special blend of destructive fuel. His invention complete he returned to his former employer, and sought a burning revenge against him. Firefly burned Panessa Studios, killing several innocent people on the janitorial staff, as well as Anthony Falcone himself. This made him an enemy of the Falcone Crime Family, along with the police investigation uncovering evidence as the former Studio as a money laundering front for the Falcone's. However Garfield didn't care, he had witnessed the pure cleansing power of flames. They had burned away part of Gotham's flith, and burned his old life as Garfield Lynn's, he was now The Firefly; Gotham's cleansing flame. Although Firefly would find himself working for the scum and villainy of Gotham on the occasion, never once has he hid his true intentions, to baptize Gotham in flames.

He has recently allied himself to Two-Face in an attempt to seek further revenge against the Falcone Mafia.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
One of a Kind Jetpack: Firefly possesses a unique jetpack that allows him uninterrupted flight.
Flame-Resistant Battlesuit: Firefly possesses a flame retardant battlesuit that provides him with complete thermal protection, along with shielding him from small caliber firearms. (.22, 9mm, etc)
Rifle-Sized Flamethrower: Garfield Lynns' has developed a flamethrower that is contained within the rough size and mass of a standard .308 Rifle. It is powerful enough to burn a building to the ground as well as being adjustable in both range and function. Being able to "lob" a gel like material precise distances, and being able to cover large swaths of ground in a burning lake of fire.
Incendiary Weaponry: Firefly keeps a few incendiary grenades, a flare gun, and stun grenades equipped to his suit harness. These are emergency tools, or escape methods depending on the situation.
Weaknesses:
Physically Weak: Garfield Lynns' is covered in third degree burns that cover 90% of his body. He has been permanently damaged by these, and is a poor physical fighter and athlete. Smoke Inhalation has scarred his lungs, causing breathing difficulties, Garfield Lynn's can't evade most pursuits on foot, almost being bound to his Jetpack for a speedy escape. Garfield is also completely blind in his left eye, leaving it a pale blue color, in comparison to his natural brown color.
Pyromaniac: Garfield Lynns' is a diagnosed pyromaniac, any boredom or stress related incidents cause Lynns' to seek relief by starting a fire. The size of which corresponds to the amount of euphoria and relief he experiences.
Skills:
Advanced Chemist: Garfield Lynns creates all of his own fuel, incendiary material, and explosives.
Experienced Bomb-Manufacturer: Garfield Lynns understands the ins and outs of bomb-making, and periodically uses bombs in his terrorist attacks on Gotham and Blüdhaven.
RP Examples: Previous Examples are good I hope?
Extra Information
Day Job: Arsonist/Terrorist
Living place: Abandoned Buildings throughout the East End, along with the occasional Two-Face safehouse in Old Gotham.
Voice Actor: Crispin Freeman
Likes/Dislikes: N/A
Theme Song: N/A
Did you read the rules? Yes

Villain APP:
Name/Alias: Peyton Riley aka The Ventriloquist aka "Sugar"
Appearance:

Personality: Subservient, Devoted, a Romantic, Occasionally Ruthless
Backstory:
Peyton Riley is the only daughter of Sean Riley, one of the former leaders of the Irish Mob. Born into the wealthy socialite class off Gotham's Elite Riley was rejected by her peers as just another "mafia princess". Her father began to arrange a series of relationships between Peyton and other members of the Italian mobs of Old Gotham. At the age of thirteen she was diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder, becoming either incredibly submissive and passive, or psychotically violent and cunning depending on her mental state. When she was fifteen she had her first relationship both romantic and sexual with Thomas Elliot, later to be known as "The Identity Killer" or "Hush", this relationship was disapproved by Peyton's Father and Thomas's Mother; and it ended within a year. She later found true love in the form of Giovanni Maroni, a nephew of Luigi "Big Lou" Maroni, leader of the Maroni Crime Family. This relationship pleased Peyton's Father, who endorsed the relationship and Maroni himself sought to increase his power over the failing Falcone Family by allying himself with part of the Irish Mob. Peyton's love and relatively normal life was cut short by betrayal. Carmine Falcone, threatened by the burgeoning power alliance between the Maroni and Riley Families, performed several high profile assassinations of members of both Crime Families. Both her Father and Lover were killed by hitmen, and Riley herself was left scarred on her right face, disfiguring her natural beauty.

Peyton survived the purge by being considered unimportant by Falcone, after all her father had all of the power over the family, and Peyton herself was purposefully kept clear of the seedy underworld of Gotham. She spent the next few years in hiding, her mental state in serious question after being permanently scarred by the accidental attempt on her life. Not much is known about her activities in this time, other then being arrested for Criminal Assault and Battery subsequently leading to her arrest in the Women's Ward of Blackgate Prison. She was found to be too unstable for containment with the general prison population, and sent to Arkham Asylum. This was where she formed an attachment to the former possession of Arnold Wesker, the original Ventriloquist. The doll called to her in her sleep, and possessed her waking moments. Eventually breaking into the Evidence Lockup in the Asylum, and recovering her beloved, the doll known as Scarface. Peyton has since escaped from the Asylum, her new lover in tow, and began to wreck havoc across Gotham as the new Ventriloquist.

Peyton has since united the Scarface Mob with the Two-Face Family in an attempt to exact more revenge against the Falcone Family.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
Scarface: The Ventriloquist's signature doll. Allegedly modeled after a notorious prisoner of Blackgate Prison, and carved from the old wooden gallows of the same prison. It has been destroyed, rebuilt, and passed hands for a number of years before finally winding up in the possession of Peyton Riley. It is unknown if the Scarface "personality" is a separate entity or a psychological construct present within the Ventriloquist. Although it is unlikely to be a paranormal entity, Scarface has always had a consistent personality, modus operandi, and style of speech. As well as Scarface having intimate insider knowledge of the workings of the Scarface mob...

Rigged to Blow: Peyton Riley has rigged her various Scarface dolls to explode. Being able and willing to throw the doll away in a blaze of glory. This is primarily for a brief distraction as she makes an escape. She has seemingly constructed a large number of replacements, and they are stored throughout Gotham in various safehouses.

Scarface's Gun: The Scarface Doll possesses a tiny but functional M1918 Thompson Submachine Gun. Complete with several drums of proportional .45 ACP rounds.
Weaknesses:
Poor Fighter: The Ventriloquist is not one for hand to hand combat. Both she and Scarface use firearms and prefer distance in-comparison to close range fighting.

Flashy Dresser: The Ventriloquist tends to wear gaudy jewelry and high end clothes. Preferring to not making public appearances, and to not reveal the true identity of Scarface, this makes her stealth rather poor; as she is easily recognizable.
Skills:
Apparent Skilled Ventriloquist(?): While it is unknown how or when Peyton Riley became a master at disguising and throwing her voice. Her skill is obvious as she cannot be detected using any of the standard tricks of ventriloquism, even when shouting.
Skilled Criminal Mastermind: Peyton Riley's "Scarface" Persona is an apparent Criminal Mastermind, having shown to be very capable at organizing a criminal empire and multiple high profile heists.
RP Examples: Hopefully the ones stated on the Two-Face App are good enough
Extra Information
Day Job: Professional Criminal
Living place: Various Two-Face safehouses across the East End and Old Gotham. She owns a Penthouse in the Diamond District.
Voice Actor: Tara Strong (?)
Last edited by Turkducken on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discord: Turkducken#3718

That's a She/Her from me Boss

Metal...Gear?!

Lic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:24 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Anyone going to be at the Iceberg Lounge? Joseph Coyne wants to head there to make some "business" and wants to plan something.

I mean, Brainy plays Penguin, so she’s always available at the lounge, right?

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:25 pm

Lic wrote:

I don't know! I'm stuck until I get a new Harley post from Yaana. The last we heard from Babs, she was about to walk inside Harl's apartment. That was early Sunday morning, around 1am. Bane's broadcast happens around 4pm? Sunday afternoon so I have absolutely no idea what Babs' situation is during that.

Haedros 92712 wrote:[
Well, actually, time frames are a little skewed here. The Bane message comes after where Brainy is time wise, I do believe.

Yep, I'm 12 hours behind the rest of you. Maybe I can find a DeLorean and catch up.

Nevrintik
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Villain App

Postby Nevrintik » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:28 pm

Villain APP:
Name: Blake Powers
Alias: Blacklist
Appearance:
White, 6'3", jet black hair color (typically ungroomed), has heterochromia (left eye hazel, right eye blue). Typically seen wearing khakis and a blank white t-shirt, with a black flannel around it.
Personality: Cold and bitter, with a hint of sarcasm.
Faction: The Order of Reapers
Affiliation: None
Backstory:

Blake Powers was born to Andrew and Melinda Powers, a school teacher and a biomedical engineer, respectively. He has one sibling, a sister named Basil, who was born Blake's family moved to Gotham when he was 15 years-old. Blake was born with high-functioning autism, which little affect on his development aside from slight social impediments and an increased insight and general intellect. Because of this, he became interested in the field of philosophy at a young age. He also exhibited a vested interest in combat, favoring hand-to-hand based techniques such as karate and the use of small-arm weapons, such as pistols. People have noted his tendency towards seclusion and generally calloused, yet humble, behavior towards his peers. Shortly after moving to Gotham, he discovered that he had the innate unnatural ability to entrance and hypnotize individuals by staring into their eyes. Blake commonly utilized this to help defend himself and manipulate others.

Three years after having moved to Gotham, his father was killed in a school shooting. Blake seemed put off by the incident, but took it much more lightly than was expected. His sister, on the other hand, was devastated by the occurrence. It became harder and harder for his mother to juggle her job in the biomedical field and caring for her family as a widow. Everything came toppling down all at once when he witnessed a figure whom he had assumed was Batman break into their home and kill his mother. After this occurrence, Blake ran away in secret, leaving his sister Basil to be taken in by police and transferred to the Gotham Orphanage. Blake took to the streets and began going by the alias Blacklist, using his acquired skills to survive and make a name for himself. Two years later, he was picked up by a representative of the Order of Reapers, who persuaded him to join their ranks. Blake accepted and now does dirty work for them. In secret, he seeks to one day topple the Order's leadership and take over as its sole leader.

Powers/Weapons/Tech:

* Blake Powers is capable of entrancing and hypnotizing individuals by locking eye contact with them. This leaves them susceptible to suggestion and manipulation.
* Blake Powers fights by way of hand-to-hand combat, but carries a simple pistol with him in case of emergencies.

Weaknesses:

* Blake Powers keeps his upbringing and social life secret. He despises talking about his past and will take extreme measures to avoid doing so, except with a closely trusted individual or good friend.
* Because his hypnotic gaze ability requires direct eye contact, tactics such as the utilization of tear gas or pepper spray can be effective against him. Avoiding direct eye contact can also be effective.

Skills:

Blake Powers is profoundly fascinated with psychology and sociology. He can quickly deduce an assailant's personality and weaknesses based on interactions. This, combined with his hypnotic gaze power, makes him excellent at interrogation.

RP Examples: None

Did you read the rules? Three times over, yes.
I really love RPing, but I am still very new to it.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:28 pm

Lic wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Anyone going to be at the Iceberg Lounge? Joseph Coyne wants to head there to make some "business" and wants to plan something.

I mean, Brainy plays Penguin, so she’s always available at the lounge, right?

Remember, the Lounge is closed for 'renovations' because Ubu (whatever happened to that guy? :P ) drove his truck through it. Coyne might find Joe the Bartender there. Pengy is holed up in his secret hotel hideout, heavily guarded in the East End. ;)

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:44 pm

Check, one two! Aaaand we’re back in business
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Without further ado:

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:45 pm

Turkducken wrote:Villain APP:
Name/Alias: Garfield Lynns aka The Firefly
Appearance:
Personality: Obsessive, Sadistic, Artistic, Ingenious
Backstory: Garfield Lynns is a native Gothamite. Being born and raised within the city limits to a poor, working-class family in the East End. Garfield showed signs of prodigal intelligence and creativity at an early age. Finding him to be gifted in both the arts and mathematics, his parents worked exceptionally hard to send him to the finest private school Gotham had to offer. Garfield eventually graduated from High School, and attended Gotham University on a fullride Scholarship for Special Effects and Sound Design, he graduated as a Pyrotechnic Engineer and found work at Panessa Studios. As a lead pyrotechnics expert, Garfield was instrumental in the creation of the hit movie "By the Light of the Lamp", as well as other smaller works that were critically acclaimed. He crafted a meager life for himself out of his earnings, and was content with his lot in life. However Panessa Studios was, in reality, a front operation for the Falcone Crime Family; and as the earnings for the Studio fell certain cuts had to be made to preserve the illusion. Garfield took grave offense to this, and quietly ruminated, plotting his revenge on the Falcone family and his old boss, Anthony Falcone.

In secret Garfield took part in a variety of heists across Gotham and Blüdhaven, slowly amassing the technology to create his masterpiece of pyrotechnical genius. It was a functioning jetpack, allowing him up to 5 hours of uninterrupted flight, at the cost of a large reserve of his special blend of destructive fuel. His invention complete he returned to his former employer, and sought a burning revenge against him. Firefly burned Panessa Studios, killing several innocent people on the janitorial staff, as well as Anthony Falcone himself. This made him an enemy of the Falcone Crime Family, along with the police investigation uncovering evidence as the former Studio as a money laundering front for the Falcone's. However Garfield didn't care, he had witnessed the pure cleansing power of flames. They had burned away part of Gotham's flith, and burned his old life as Garfield Lynn's, he was now The Firefly; Gotham's cleansing flame. Although Firefly would find himself working for the scum and villainy of Gotham on the occasion, never once has he hid his true intentions, to baptize Gotham in flames.

He has recently allied himself to Two-Face in an attempt to seek further revenge against the Falcone Mafia.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
One of a Kind Jetpack: Firefly possesses a unique jetpack that allows him uninterrupted flight.
Flame-Resistant Battlesuit: Firefly possesses a flame retardant battlesuit that provides him with complete thermal protection, along with shielding him from small caliber firearms. (.22, 9mm, etc)
Rifle-Sized Flamethrower: Garfield Lynns' has developed a flamethrower that is contained within the rough size and mass of a standard .308 Rifle. It is powerful enough to burn a building to the ground as well as being adjustable in both range and function. Being able to "lob" a gel like material precise distances, and being able to cover large swaths of ground in a burning lake of fire.
Incendiary Weaponry: Firefly keeps a few incendiary grenades, a flare gun, and stun grenades equipped to his suit harness. These are emergency tools, or escape methods depending on the situation.
Weaknesses:
Physically Weak: Garfield Lynns' is covered in third degree burns that cover 90% of his body. He has been permanently damaged by these, and is a poor physical fighter and athlete. Smoke Inhalation has scarred his lungs, causing breathing difficulties, Garfield Lynn's can't evade most pursuits on foot, almost being bound to his Jetpack for a speedy escape. Garfield is also completely blind in his left eye, leaving it a pale blue color, in comparison to his natural brown color.
Pyromaniac: Garfield Lynns' is a diagnosed pyromaniac, any boredom or stress related incidents cause Lynns' to seek relief by starting a fire. The size of which corresponds to the amount of euphoria and relief he experiences.
Skills:
Advanced Chemist: Garfield Lynns creates all of his own fuel, incendiary material, and explosives.
Experienced Bomb-Manufacturer: Garfield Lynns understands the ins and outs of bomb-making, and periodically uses bombs in his terrorist attacks on Gotham and Blüdhaven.
RP Examples: Previous Examples are good I hope?
Extra Information
Day Job: Arsonist/Terrorist
Living place: Abandoned Buildings throughout the East End, along with the occasional Two-Face safehouse in Old Gotham.
Voice Actor: Crispin Freeman

Villain APP:
Name/Alias: Peyton Riley aka The Ventriloquist aka "Sugar"
Appearance:

Personality: Subservient, Devoted, a Romantic, Occasionally Ruthless
Backstory:
Peyton Riley is the only daughter of Sean Riley, one of the former leaders of the Irish Mob. Born into the wealthy socialite class off Gotham's Elite Riley was rejected by her peers as just another "mafia princess". Her father began to arrange a series of relationships between Peyton and other members of the Italian mobs of Old Gotham. At the age of thirteen she was diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder, becoming either incredibly submissive and passive, or psychotically violent and cunning depending on her mental state. When she was fifteen she had her first relationship both romantic and sexual with Thomas Elliot, later to be known as "The Identity Killer" or "Hush", this relationship was disapproved by Peyton's Father and Thomas's Mother; and it ended within a year. She later found true love in the form of Giovanni Maroni, a nephew of Luigi "Big Lou" Maroni, leader of the Maroni Crime Family. This relationship pleased Peyton's Father, who endorsed the relationship and Maroni himself sought to increase his power over the failing Falcone Family by allying himself with part of the Irish Mob. Peyton's love and relatively normal life was cut short by betrayal. Carmine Falcone, threatened by the burgeoning power alliance between the Maroni and Riley Families, performed several high profile assassinations of members of both Crime Families. Both her Father and Lover were killed by hitmen, and Riley herself was left scarred on her right face, disfiguring her natural beauty.

Peyton survived the purge by being considered unimportant by Falcone, after all her father had all of the power over the family, and Peyton herself was purposefully kept clear of the seedy underworld of Gotham. She spent the next few years in hiding, her mental state in serious question after being permanently scarred by the accidental attempt on her life. Not much is known about her activities in this time, other then being arrested for Criminal Assault and Battery subsequently leading to her arrest in the Women's Ward of Blackgate Prison. She was found to be too unstable for containment with the general prison population, and sent to Arkham Asylum. This was where she formed an attachment to the former possession of Arnold Wesker, the original Ventriloquist. The doll called to her in her sleep, and possessed her waking moments. Eventually breaking into the Evidence Lockup in the Asylum, and recovering her beloved, the doll known as Scarface. Peyton has since escaped from the Asylum, her new lover in tow, and began to wreck havoc across Gotham as the new Ventriloquist.

Peyton has since united the Scarface Mob with the Two-Face Family in an attempt to exact more revenge against the Falcone Family.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
Scarface: The Ventriloquist's signature doll. Allegedly modeled after a notorious prisoner of Blackgate Prison, and carved from the old wooden gallows of the same prison. It has been destroyed, rebuilt, and passed hands for a number of years before finally winding up in the possession of Peyton Riley. It is unknown if the Scarface "personality" is a separate entity or a psychological construct present within the Ventriloquist. Although it is unlikely to be a paranormal entity, Scarface has always had a consistent personality, modus operandi, and style of speech. As well as Scarface having intimate insider knowledge of the workings of the Scarface mob...

Rigged to Blow: Peyton Riley has rigged her various Scarface dolls to explode. Being able and willing to throw the doll away in a blaze of glory. This is primarily for a brief distraction as she makes an escape. She has seemingly constructed a large number of replacements, and they are stored throughout Gotham in various safehouses.

Scarface's Gun: The Scarface Doll possesses a tiny but functional M1918 Thompson Submachine Gun. Complete with several drums of proportional .45 ACP rounds.
Weaknesses:
Poor Fighter: The Ventriloquist is not one for hand to hand combat. Both she and Scarface use firearms and prefer distance in-comparison to close range fighting.

Flashy Dresser: The Ventriloquist tends to wear gaudy jewelry and high end clothes. Preferring to not making public appearances, and to not reveal the true identity of Scarface, this makes her stealth rather poor; as she is easily recognizable.
Skills:
Apparent Skilled Ventriloquist(?): While it is unknown how or when Peyton Riley became a master at disguising and throwing her voice. Her skill is obvious as she cannot be detected using any of the standard tricks of ventriloquism, even when shouting.
Skilled Criminal Mastermind: Peyton Riley's "Scarface" Persona is an apparent Criminal Mastermind, having shown to be very capable at organizing a criminal empire and multiple high profile heists.
RP Examples: Hopefully the ones stated on the Two-Face App are good enough
Extra Information
Day Job: Professional Criminal
Living place: Various Two-Face safehouses across the East End and Old Gotham. She owns a Penthouse in the Diamond District.
Voice Actor: Tara Strong (?)

Accepted. I love your portrayal of firefly.

Without further ado:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse