NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:18 pm

NICE post, Lic! I see Tim is channeling his inner Jack Nicholson. :clap: So, I'm thinking maybe Steph ought to be the one leading the Disciples! :lol:

Greater Meme Land
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Meme Land » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:26 pm

I think I made all the appropriate edits.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Greater Meme Land wrote:I think I made all the appropriate edits.

Okay, I'll look it over. :)

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:45 pm

P o s t e d

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:58 pm

Okay, better, Meme, thanks. Still, a couple minor issues.

As it's written, Jakob's shapeshifting still too easily allows the possibility of changing into any animal. It needs to be changed to something like this- "His vampiric powers allow him to assume the shape of various animals that he has intimate knowledge of and has studied over the centuries. These animals include...."

Jakob can manipulate his own shadow but that's it. And that shadow still has to be attached to his own form. He can't send forth a shadow familiar. It's too OP and problematic for the story because it could conceivably attach itself to one of the Disciples without their knowledge and follow them back to the Batcave. So no.

His aversion to sunlight needs to specifically mention UV as well.

I really had in mind that he would be able to reanimate only one corpse for a 24-hr period but hordes of zombies sounds cool. So, I'll allow it, just don't go crazy with it. Edit- Zombies are equivalent to henchmen so their numbers should be comparable to the number of henchmen that a supervillain would employ in the field so we're talking about two dozen max, not hundreds. And of course, like any henchperson, autohitting will be allowed on them by player characters.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:11 pm

The Assailant is going to be sorely disappointed to learn that his authentic Japanese Tetsubo war club was actually made in Toledo, Ohio. :rofl:

Greater Meme Land
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Meme Land » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:24 pm

Edited

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:42 pm

Listen, Meme, I'm trying to get your character's powers within acceptable limits for this RP so adding additional powers isn't helping issues. Being able to hear a pin drop from two miles away? Having eidetic memory that allows him to replicate any action with ease? No way, absolutely no way. Plus, I asked you specifically to clarify that sunlight included UV light but you failed to do that.

As it stands right now, you're giving me a lot of concerns about whether your intent is to fit into the story or whether it's simply to overpower all the other characters.

Greater Meme Land
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Meme Land » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:56 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Listen, Meme, I'm trying to get your character's powers within acceptable limits for this RP so adding additional powers isn't helping issues. Being able to hear a pin drop from two miles away? Having eidetic memory that allows him to replicate any action with ease? No way, absolutely no way. Plus, I asked you specifically to clarify that sunlight included UV light but you failed to do that.

As it stands right now, you're giving me a lot of concerns about whether your intent is to fit into the story or whether it's simply to overpower all the other characters.

Crap, I’m sorry. Look, I keep forgetting a about the UV thing, but I added I now. I’m doing a lot of these edits on mobile while on the go, which is not exactly when I’m at my best. Hell, I’m writing this post from a bathroom stall. Please have patience with me, I’m not exactly the best as multitasking in this manner. I know I’m being a little irritating, and that this character is op, but that isn’t my intent. I’m sorry

The Nordic Model
Attaché

Founded: Nov 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nordic Model » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:05 pm

Posted. I decided to get her arrested now.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:08 pm

Greater Meme Land wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Crap, I’m sorry. Look, I keep forgetting a about the UV thing, but I added I now. I’m doing a lot of these edits on mobile while on the go, which is not exactly when I’m at my best. Hell, I’m writing this post from a bathroom stall. Please have patience with me, I’m not exactly the best as multitasking in this manner. I know I’m being a little irritating, and that this character is op, but that isn’t my intent. I’m sorry

Hey, this is supposed to be fun, so please, don't stress about this,okay? :) There's no hurry, there's no time limit here. Don't worry that I'm going to forget about your character, I'm not. You put a lot of effort into your app, I know that. I'm not knocking you down and I apologize if I come off like that. But I also have a responsibility to the story and the other rp'ers to keep it fair and to ensure that everyone has fun. So. I want you to take a breather. I'm not going to officially review your app again for at least 24 hrs. If you need more time, that's fine too. Take your time, work on it. If you have any questions, ask. But I don't want to make you feel like you have to rush so that's the best way to proceed I'm thinking.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:17 pm

The Nordic Model wrote:Posted. I decided to get her arrested now.

Oh no! She missed her chance to say "I'll be baaack!" :lol:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Hey, Whales, why'd you move your post? :)

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:47 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Hey, Whales, why'd you move your post? :)

Figured it made more sense chronologically to have Cooper rush in after Tim landed

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Whalestron wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Hey, Whales, why'd you move your post? :)

Figured it made more sense chronologically to have Cooper rush in after Tim landed

Ahhhh...okay. Gotcha. ;)

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:05 pm

I’m cooking up the first Bane post. In response to the Mayors message.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:43 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:I’m cooking up the first Bane post. In response to the Mayors message.

I don't know who's the most hated man in Gotham now, Whitesnake for killing a cop or the Mayor and Bane for interrupting the final game of the World Cup! :lol:

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:55 pm

I like what's been done. It would be cool to see there be repercussions for the heroes' actions by having to go underground or be forced to work alongside the police, and if they do bad, have people actually turn against them. If enough people go against the heroes, maybe some will see Bane as the solution.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:I like what's been done. It would be cool to see there be repercussions for the heroes' actions by having to go underground or be forced to work alongside the police, and if they do bad, have people actually turn against them. If enough people go against the heroes, maybe some will see Bane as the solution.

Yep, Haedros set it up nicely! :D And I imagine that Bane's not just going to set back and let things take their course, I'm sure he's got a few tricks up his sleeve to make the situation even worse. Who knows, maybe he'll even get some of Gotham's villains to do his dirty work for him, hint, hint! :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:30 pm

Hey, Haedros! What suit is Snake wearing when he shoots the cop? His normal suit, the white suit with the golden dragon mask or the new suit he just picked up from Snugg? Ya know, for such a badass, Caleb is quite the clothes horse! :p

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:37 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Hey, Haedros! What suit is Snake wearing when he shoots the cop? His normal suit, the white suit with the golden dragon mask or the new suit he just picked up from Snugg? Ya know, for such a badass, Caleb is quite the clothes horse! :p

He’s wearing the Advance Proto. You can tell because it has the A.I.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:39 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Hey, Haedros! What suit is Snake wearing when he shoots the cop? His normal suit, the white suit with the golden dragon mask or the new suit he just picked up from Snugg? Ya know, for such a badass, Caleb is quite the clothes horse! :p

He’s wearing the Advance Proto. You can tell because it has the A.I.

Ahhh...okay, yeah wasn't sure who Elton was, thanks! :)

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:40 pm

Hero APP: (Delete Everything in Parentheses including this)
Name/Alias: Madison Clifford
Appearance:

Personality:
Faction:GCPD
Race:Human
Backstory:
Being the daughter of a decorated and deceased cop, Madison had a lot to live up to. Her father had been a well known detective, often taking Madison into work when she was younger. Though she would stay at home most of the time he was out in the real world. Her habits while home alone were tame until she became sixteen, when she would commonly go out to drink with friends or tag walls with graffiti.

Her rebellious age ended when her father died. He’d been out on a case and was shot dead by a criminal she would later learn was named Nickolas Mentell, a gang member. She sobered up quickly, realizing she’d been going against every moral her father had taught her. She had big shoes to fill, and she intended to prove to everyone she wasn’t some hoodlum.

She joined the police academy and was surprisingly quick to learn everything from the laws of the street to combat. In the end, Madison graduated top of her class. She did her work quite well, throwing crooks in jail and resolving disputes. And her first case was impressive. It was a homicide she’d reported to, a woman stabbed dead by her husband. Madison had managed to follow a trail he’d left of nothing but some hair in a shower drain and his shoes. She detained and arrested him at a train station before he could skip town.

A couple years later, Madison became a detective, especially useful with her attachments with some criminals and scum of the street she’d known in her youth. She wishes to clean up the streets using whatever means she can, and maybe even discover the crime family who was involved with killing her father. As a reminder of her personal quest, Madison managed to convince her boss to allow her to keep her father's old gun as her service pistol.

Powers/Weapons/Tech:-Colt M1911 previously belonging to her father
-Handcuffs
-Standard police equipment

Martial Arts: She excels at hand to hand combat, though her training is limited to the instructors she sought out and the stuff from the academy.

Detective: Madison is quite good at investigating a crime scene and people. She can find out a lot about someone or an event from deductions and analysis.
Weaknesses:- Her morals can get in the way of things, especially if they involve killing someone.
Madison has a tendency of going off-book when she’s on cases, which could easily land her in trouble if she’s not careful.
Her lack of powers could prove quite tricky in a fight with a powered person
Skills:Reads body language well
Can tell when someone is lying
Good with people
RP Examples: h
Extra Information
Day Job:Police Detective
Living Place: Old Gotham
Voice Actor: Jeannette Mccurdy
Likes/Dislikes:
+Honesty
+Facing things head on
+Solving cases

-Failure
-Noncompliance
-Crimes
-Bugs
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syNmrAcXEys
Did you read the rules? Yes

Wanted to make a cop person that might end up clashing interests with the new chief, maybe wind up becoming an outcast because of her views and actions in the future.
Last edited by Whalestron on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:45 pm

Whalestron wrote:Hero APP: (Delete Everything in Parentheses including this)
Name/Alias: Madison Clifford
Appearance:
Personality:
Faction:GCPD
Race:Human
Backstory:
Being the daughter of a decorated and deceased cop, Madison had a lot to live up to. Her father had been a well known detective, often taking Madison into work when she was younger. Though she would stay at home most of the time he was out in the real world. Her habits while home alone were tame until she became sixteen, when she would commonly go out to drink with friends or tag walls with graffiti.

Her rebellious age ended when her father died. He’d been out on a case and was shot dead by a criminal she would later learn was named Nickolas Mentell, a gang member. She sobered up quickly, realizing she’d been going against every moral her father had taught her. She had big shoes to fill, and she intended to prove to everyone she wasn’t some hoodlum.

She joined the police academy and was surprisingly quick to learn everything from the laws of the street to combat. In the end, Madison graduated top of her class. She did her work quite well, throwing crooks in jail and resolving disputes. And her first case was impressive. It was a homicide she’d reported to, a woman stabbed dead by her husband. Madison had managed to follow a trail he’d left of nothing but some hair in a shower drain and his shoes. She detained and arrested him at a train station before he could skip town.

A couple years later, Madison became a detective, especially useful with her attachments with some criminals and scum of the street she’d known in her youth. She wishes to clean up the streets using whatever means she can, and maybe even discover the crime family who was involved with killing her father.

Powers/Weapons/Tech:-Colt M1911
-Handcuffs
-Standard police equipment

Martial Arts: She excels at hand to hand combat, though her training is limited to the instructors she sought out and the stuff from the academy.

Detective: Madison is quite good at investigating a crime scene and people. She can find out a lot about someone or an event from deductions and analysis.
Weaknesses:- Her morals can get in the way of things, especially if they involve killing someone.
Madison has a tendency of going off-book when she’s on cases, which could easily land her in trouble if she’s not careful.
Her lack of powers could prove quite tricky in a fight with a powered person
Skills:Reads body language well
Can tell when someone is lying
Good with people
RP Examples: h
Extra Information
Day Job:Police Detective
Living Place: Old Gotham
Voice Actor: Jeannette Mccurdy
Likes/Dislikes:
+Honesty
+Facing things head on
+Solving cases

-Failure
-Noncompliance
-Crimes
-Bugs
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syNmrAcXEys
Did you read the rules? Yes

Wanted to make a cop person that might end up clashing interests with the new chief, maybe wind up becoming an outcast because of her views and actions in the future.

I love Madison! :D APPROVED! (And oh, love that baddies name, Nickolas Mentell, that's an awesome bad guy name! Also, I don think a M1911 would be GCPD standard issue so maybe it's her dad's gun or maybe a tricked out, pro-shooter Colt?)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:49 pm

So, Haedros, sorry to be a pest again- the prototype suit, does it look the same as his standard Snake Eyes suit?
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse