NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:23 am

United States of Brainy wrote:
Skarten wrote:

You just love making huge, gaping holes in other characters, don't you? :lol:

It's about making lots of damage.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:25 am

Skarten wrote:Can i assume Tim would jump out of the way of my vehicle? It's one of those three-wheeled motorcycles.

Are you trying to run him over? :lol: I would just make your motorcycle really loud so the natural inclination would be to get out of the way and leave it at that. :p

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:27 am

Skarten wrote:Can i assume Tim would jump out of the way of my vehicle? It's one of those three-wheeled motorcycles.

Are you trying to run him over? :lol: I would just make your motorcycle really loud so the natural inclination would be to get out of the way and leave it at that. :p

No, i'm trying to hit lady clayface with a giant war club from atop of a rapidly moving three-wheeled motorcycle.
Also jules Is wearing one of those creepy japanese warrior masks for this situation.
Last edited by Skarten on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:28 am

This is an important question, Skarten- Is the Assailant out to kill Lady Clayface or is his goal merely to capture her?

Greater Meme Land
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Meme Land » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:28 am

Skarten wrote:

Phil swift? Is that you?

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:31 am

United States of Brainy wrote:This is an important question, Skarten- Is the Assailant out to kill Lady Clayface or is his goal merely to capture her?

Quite honestly, it's mostly capture.
I mean, she's made of clay, so how much damage can a kanabo do?
A:A lot probably, but not enough to kill her or leave her hospitalized to a point not even everything she stole would cover the medical bill.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:32 am

Skarten wrote:No, i'm trying to hit lady clayface with a giant war club from atop of a rapidly moving three-wheeled motorcycle.
Also jules Is wearing one of those creepy japanese warrior masks for this situation.

Just write it so you're not autohitting or rp'ing the actions/reactions of any of the other player characters. :)

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:32 am

Greater Meme Land wrote:
Skarten wrote:It's about making lots of damage.

Phil swift? Is that you?

Darnit, you have discovered my identity!

ABORT MISSION,ABORT MISSION

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:34 am

Skarten wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:This is an important question, Skarten- Is the Assailant out to kill Lady Clayface or is his goal merely to capture her?

A:A lot probably, but not enough to kill her or leave her hospitalized to a point not even everything she stole would cover the medical bill.

Hey, you don't live in the United States! You don't know how high medical bills can run in this country for uninsured supervillains! :rofl:

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:34 am

Skarten wrote:

Now that’s a lotta damage!

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:37 am

Whalestron wrote:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Okay....now I'm scared. :o :?

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:37 am

Whalestron wrote:
Skarten wrote:It's about making lots of damage.

Accurate

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:40 am

Just the image of Tim scaring the hell out of everyone in that monster truck of his- :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:41 am

United States of Brainy wrote:Just the image of Tim scaring the hell out of everyone in that monster truck of his- :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Quite honestly, funnier would be the image of a guy with a creepy mask in a motorcycle yelling and charging towards your direction while he waves a giant war club.

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:46 am

Skarten wrote:

Assailant won’t capture or maim Clayface if Tim can help it! She’s gonna get a fair trial and rot in jail.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:47 am

Lic wrote:
Skarten wrote:Quite honestly, it's mostly capture.

Assailant won’t capture or maim Clayface if Tim can help it! She’s gonna get a fair trial and rot in jail.

Who said maim?
He's just hitting her with a big kanabo while in a rapidly moving three-wheeled motorcycle.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:50 am

Done. I didn't autohit, so ya can't say i didn't follow the rules.I just hope nordic goes with it though (and accepts Jules hitting lady clayface)
Last edited by Skarten on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Meme Land
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Meme Land » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:57 am

United States of Brainy wrote:Okay, Meme Land, I love all the time and effort you put into your apps, it really shows and I appreciate all the enthusiasm but I also have several major issues.

First, new players to this RP are only allowed one character. You can have more characters once I see how you rp but starting out, just one. I'm assuming you want Jakob but it's your call.

As Yaana and Tam mentioned, your characters are way OP. He can't be a spellcaster. Magic users in this storyline are inherently OP and I would be extremely leery of adding one even without any additional powers. Of all the spells that you listed, the only ones that I would allow, and only as physical manifestations of his vampiric power and not spells, would be the blood talon and shadow manipulation. And both as only short-range weapons and only attached to his form. And I need a weakness for the shadow. An easy weakness would be that the shadow can't exist in bright light or under any circumstance where a normal shadow couldn't exist.

Also, like Yaana said, limit yourself to those four animal forms, no more.

Also, I need more weaknesses. Waiting for the sun to rise or waiting for Jakob to get hungry really doesn't help a hero in the middle of a fight at night. I need at least three concrete weaknesses that an opponent would be able to exploit in a fight. For instance, instead of having Jakob just be vulnerable to sunlight, have him vulnerable to UV light. That would be one exploitable weakness. Also, sunlight isn't much of a hindrance when all it does is make him human considering that he's still a world-class martial artist and carries weapons. If he's gonna be affected by sunlight, make it hurt. Causes him pain, burns him, injures him. That should go for all three weaknesses that you come up with. Also, get rid of his ability to predict the future. He can make people forgot but only as a form of mesmerism and he needs to be looking at them directly and for them to be still in order to do this. Other than that, no other psychic abilities.

Edit- Also, no blood amulet. If he's afraid of going hungry, let him carry a candy bar or in his case, a blood bag. ;)

I really like the idea of having a vampire in this story, I think it can add a lot, but there also has to be a lot of limits in order to keep it fair. I hope you understand. :)

Okay, I understand. I’m just going to tell you what I’m going to do now.
1. I’ll make one of his weaknesses the fact that if he loses blood, he loses physical abilities. He loses strength the more blood is drained from his body.
2. An insta kill would be a direct hit to the heart, regardless of healing abilities or no. If he were to be hit in the heart, he couldn’t regen.
3.Im kind of trying to avoid the Vampire-Sun stereotype, as that really limits Jakob’s mobility in the daylight, as well as making even more painfully obvious he is a vampire. A guy who hasn’t aged for literally over 100 years who has to go out of his way to hide from the sun? It won’t burn him or hurt him, but I will say that he has an intense phobia of sunlight stemming from the fact that prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause ill symptoms which I haven’t figured out yet.
4. The animal forms... I can see what you mean, but then again, I can’t. Turning into an animal in theory sounds easy, but in practice, in order for it to work, you have to have intimate knowledge of the biology of what you want to turn into (thus why my character couldn’t just turn into... say... a Chimera). The animals he can turn into he has spent years studying, thus why he can really only turn into those forms.
5. Okay, blood magic is fair. I’ll cut out everything else besides blood spear and shadow manipulation. Though do you think it could be an ability to do the vampirization on a corpse in order to reanimate it for a short time?
6. No problems with the judgement on psychic.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:59 am

Greater Meme Land wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Okay, Meme Land, I love all the time and effort you put into your apps, it really shows and I appreciate all the enthusiasm but I also have several major issues.

First, new players to this RP are only allowed one character. You can have more characters once I see how you rp but starting out, just one. I'm assuming you want Jakob but it's your call.

As Yaana and Tam mentioned, your characters are way OP. He can't be a spellcaster. Magic users in this storyline are inherently OP and I would be extremely leery of adding one even without any additional powers. Of all the spells that you listed, the only ones that I would allow, and only as physical manifestations of his vampiric power and not spells, would be the blood talon and shadow manipulation. And both as only short-range weapons and only attached to his form. And I need a weakness for the shadow. An easy weakness would be that the shadow can't exist in bright light or under any circumstance where a normal shadow couldn't exist.

Also, like Yaana said, limit yourself to those four animal forms, no more.

Also, I need more weaknesses. Waiting for the sun to rise or waiting for Jakob to get hungry really doesn't help a hero in the middle of a fight at night. I need at least three concrete weaknesses that an opponent would be able to exploit in a fight. For instance, instead of having Jakob just be vulnerable to sunlight, have him vulnerable to UV light. That would be one exploitable weakness. Also, sunlight isn't much of a hindrance when all it does is make him human considering that he's still a world-class martial artist and carries weapons. If he's gonna be affected by sunlight, make it hurt. Causes him pain, burns him, injures him. That should go for all three weaknesses that you come up with. Also, get rid of his ability to predict the future. He can make people forgot but only as a form of mesmerism and he needs to be looking at them directly and for them to be still in order to do this. Other than that, no other psychic abilities.

Edit- Also, no blood amulet. If he's afraid of going hungry, let him carry a candy bar or in his case, a blood bag. ;)

I really like the idea of having a vampire in this story, I think it can add a lot, but there also has to be a lot of limits in order to keep it fair. I hope you understand. :)

Okay, I understand. I’m just going to tell you what I’m going to do now.
1. I’ll make one of his weaknesses the fact that if he loses blood, he loses physical abilities. He loses strength the more blood is drained from his body.
2. An insta kill would be a direct hit to the heart, regardless of healing abilities or no. If he were to be hit in the heart, he couldn’t regen.
3.Im kind of trying to avoid the Vampire-Sun stereotype, as that really limits Jakob’s mobility in the daylight, as well as making even more painfully obvious he is a vampire. A guy who hasn’t aged for literally over 100 years who has to go out of his way to hide from the sun? It won’t burn him or hurt him, but I will say that he has an intense phobia of sunlight stemming from the fact that prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause ill symptoms which I haven’t figured out yet.
4. The animal forms... I can see what you mean, but then again, I can’t. Turning into an animal in theory sounds easy, but in practice, in order for it to work, you have to have intimate knowledge of the biology of what you want to turn into (thus why my character couldn’t just turn into... say... a Chimera). The animals he can turn into he has spent years studying, thus why he can really only turn into those forms.
5. Okay, blood magic is fair. I’ll cut out everything else besides blood spear and shadow manipulation. Though do you think it could be an ability to do the vampirization on a corpse in order to reanimate it for a short time?

In my opinion the problem is that most characters here have 0 powers at all.
So really, you're already in a big advantage

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:20 am

Greater Meme Land wrote:Okay, I understand. I’m just going to tell you what I’m going to do now.

First, thank you for being so understandable and accommodating. Okay, so...

1. I like that! That works as one of his weaknesses. Edit- Given, of course, that he can be cut by bladed weapons, shrapnel, bullets in combat.
2. Well, not a kill but maybe severely wounds him, the equivalent of having a massive stroke. Because, I can certainly see a sniper-type character being able to make that shot. Okay, that's weakness #2.
3. Okay, let's make it an intense, almost paralyzing phobia from high-intensity UV light. Like a really high-powered flashlight/spotlight or a UV flashbang, along those lines. Intense phobia and temporary weakening/drain of his vampire powers. Edit- the light acts like an energy leech so even if he's hit by a UV beam for only a second or two, he'll have some weakening of his powers and it'll take him a little bit to recover. Weakening and recovery time are dependent on the strength and length of exposure. Agreed? Also, a UV-lighted prison cell would keep him human and trigger his photophobia, cool? That's weakness #3.
4. Yeah...this is one of those times where story needs trump logical explanations. Those four animals and that's it.
5. Thanks. And alright, I'll allow temporary reanimation. But 24-hrs max and your corpse (only one at a time) can't be too smart or too fast. Let's keep them shuffling zombies. They can follow simple orders and that's it, no Einsteins here. :lol:
6. Okay, thanks!
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:34 am, edited 5 times in total.

Nevrintik
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Someone New

Postby Nevrintik » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:38 am

*A bright, yellow light descends from the sky. The very sight of it makes the ordinary man quiver in his shoes. As the light reaches the ground, it dims and its source can be seen. It is a human, clad in glowing yellow and black-colored armor. On his right-hand ring finger is a yellow ring, glowing with an ominous hue. He is a member of the Sinestro Corps, a Yellow Lantern. What could have brought him to Earth? What does he intend to do now?*

I land inside an alleyway, now lit up by my bright, yellow armor.

"So this must be Gotham. A fair place. This will be a fine area to instill fear into the hearts of others."
I really love RPing, but I am still very new to it.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:38 am

Hey, Skarten, it's the bank, not the museum. :p

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:39 am

Nevrintik wrote:*A bright, yellow light descends from the sky. The very sight of it makes the ordinary man quiver in his shoes. As the light reaches the ground, it dims and its source can be seen. It is a human, clad in glowing yellow and black-colored armor. On his right-hand ring finger is a yellow ring, glowing with an ominous hue. He is a member of the Sinestro Corps, a Yellow Lantern. What could have brought him to Earth? What does he intend to do now?*

I land inside an alleyway, now lit up by my bright, yellow armor.

"So this must be Gotham. A fair place. This will be a fine area to instill fear into the hearts of others."

boi this is the ooc

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:39 am

United States of Brainy wrote:Hey, Skarten, it's the bank, not the museum. :p

o i messsed it up lmao lemme fix

The Nordic Model
Attaché

Founded: Nov 18, 2017
Ex-Nation