NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Ok,got the post up.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:43 pm

Because I like to suffer, I'm reading Dogwelder and Six-Pack and Starfire is sitting in a chair reciting Lovecraft prophecies.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:40 pm

Okay, I'm sure I'm not the first one to think this...but can Cooper set Stephanie on fire or something? :lol:

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:09 am

Lic wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:What about Bat-Cow!? Is Bat-Cow still alive, pls tell me! D:

It’s you’re lucky day! Bat-Cow still grazes in the vast grass fields behind Wayne Manor.

I can rest easy now.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:28 am

United States of Brainy wrote:
Skarten wrote:Well i updated some stuff. No idea on the alias, im thinking of one. I'd rather finish what i can today do i start postimg tomorrow morning (For you all, at least, timezone)

Okay, hang on, I'll look over your app right now.

Okay, your app still needs work. Still need to know what Jules looks like in costume. Still like to know exactly what happened in the incident where his leg was broken and exactly how it was broken. Did they throw him off a building? Did they take a hammer to his leg? Since this is such a pivotal moment that led him to become a vigilante, I'd like some more details. My suggestion, sleep on it and work on it some more tomorrow. ;) Do not post for this character in IC until I have approved his app.

Okay, i basically got it done.Really, i would've rathered to keep the reason why he got injured off the app and then reveal it in the RP, but it would be better.
Last edited by Skarten on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:44 am

-----------------------------

Hero APP:
Name/Alias:Jules Vaurban / The Assailant (Really i just choose this because i had no other idea)
Appearance:

Personality:Jules is mostly friendly and outgoing, but he can be calm and serious if the situation calls for it
If he's angry, well he's angry.
Faction: Well, none really, at least for now
Race: Human
Backstory: Jules was born in a wealthy family who had originally came to Gotham in around 1870 when the Third French Republic was declared, an event which caused many noblemen to flee the country in fear of a repetition of the reign of terror, which was still relatively fresh in their minds.
His childhood was relatively easy, he was able to have a great education and pursue many of his early interests due to his family's large amount of wealth.This, of course, resulted in Jules having great knowledge and experience in many areas, a lot of which would in the future at least in theory help him in his second "career".In particular, he had took interest for reading and many combat-related hobbies, such as fencing, several martial arts and whatnot.
Homewever, once his parents had died, the economical situation got worse. He was not a very good businessman in a whole, at least in the beggining of his career, as a big majority of the wealthy, ruling class of gotham city had way more experience and "friends" than the french-descendant Vaurban.
Jules's path to become a gotham vigilante finally became clear after an incident in which after an incident with Gotham's criminal underworld in where when trying to escape he ended up with a cut on his leg, he ended up being forced to limp around any time he was not using an prosthesis on his leg (Luckily, due to his wealth, he was able to find an resistant prosthesis which would allow him to do all the actions that he'd need as a vigilante, giving full mobility and in some ways, a few improvements.)
And with that, a "hero" was born.
Powers/Weapons/Tech: Due to his wealth and skill as a combatant, jules is able to pick from a vast array of cold weapons from many places and times of the world, such as polearms, swords, sabres and much more.
His advanced prosthesis allows him to have a fairly enhanced agility, acrobacy skills, etc.
Weaknesses:Unless using his prosthesis (Which, by the way, is basically an crutch for his leg's skeleton), Jules is confined to limp around due to his incident.
Skills:Due to his great quantity of training and studiying, Jules has become greatly skilled in many subjects, including Swordsmanship (and Combat in general), hand-to-hand fighting and etc.
RP Examples: no u
Extra Information
Day Job: High-End Businessman
Living Place:The Moderately Vaurban manor (Which he inherited), on Diamond County
Voice Actor:
Likes/Dislikes:He likes reading, chess, etc.
Theme Song:
Did you read the rules?I don't know how to read
Last edited by Skarten on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:49 am

Skarten wrote:Im sorry i didnt get it more clear lol i was outta time. Really, after the incident he decided to become a vigilante.And yes, it's a special one, i probably didnt make it cool enough
And his costume differs, i guess.

No worries. There's no rush so take your time. And yeah, Kevin Spacey, that ought to be fun. :lol:

Actually i think kevin spacey doesn't really fit Jule's theme
Last edited by Skarten on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:15 am

Dangit. I meant to get a post up yesterday, but I didn't have time. I'll try to get a post up today. This post will likely be my last one for a few weeks, because I'll have no internet connection.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:32 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Dangit. I meant to get a post up yesterday, but I didn't have time. I'll try to get a post up today. This post will likely be my last one for a few weeks, because I'll have no internet connection.

Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that Pax. :(

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:35 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Dangit. I meant to get a post up yesterday, but I didn't have time. I'll try to get a post up today. This post will likely be my last one for a few weeks, because I'll have no internet connection.

That's ok. Same goes for the Joe RP, btw. I'll try to log in when I can, but it's unlikely.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:40 am

Skarten wrote:
No worries. There's no rush so take your time. And yeah, Kevin Spacey, that ought to be fun. :lol:

Actually i think kevin spacey doesn't really fit Jule's theme

Awww...and I was looking forward to Kevin Spacey. :lol: That's fine...but two things. When you say "a few improvements" for his leg brace/prosthesis, I need to know what improvements specifically. I need to know how powered he is just to make sure that he isn't OP and we don't have any IC shenanigans where he's suddenly leaping 100 feet into the air. :lol: Also, I need an alias. Don't make it harder than it has to be, just pick something. :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:41 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:

That's ok. Same goes for the Joe RP, btw. I'll try to log in when I can, but it's unlikely.

We'll keep a candle lit for you until you return, Pax. :)

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:43 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:That's ok. Same goes for the Joe RP, btw. I'll try to log in when I can, but it's unlikely.

We'll keep a candle lit for you until you return, Pax. :)

Thank you, Brainy. I'll try to get posts up today, but I may not have time, again.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:46 am

So, i edited all the things you needed brainy.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:58 am

Villain APP:

Name/Alias: Lydia Sorenson/Deathtrap
Appearance: 5’4”. Angular face, pointy chin. Short, disheveled, very black hair. Brown eyes. Pale skin and thin build, like a character out of a Poe story or a Tim Burton movie. As Deathtrap, wears a black bodysuit with a silver toolbelt and silver bandoliers crossed over her chest. Also, a black, shiny vinyl raincoat with silver highlights. No mask.

Personality: Methodical, anti-social, abrasive, brusque. Highly intelligent. Paranoid as hell. Sarcastic sense of humor. Doesn’t like being around people. Superiority complex. Easily irritated and constantly on-edge. Views herself as a businesswoman, believes in fulfilling her contracts. Sadistic only towards those she feels deserve it, like murderers and such. Sometimes, deep down, wishes she could be a hero like her mother if circumstances were different.

Faction: None, avowed loner.
Affiliation: None, only works on a per job basis. But will maintain a relationship with clients who pay upfront and don’t get on her nerves too much.
Race: Human

Backstory: The girl known as Lydia Sorenson never knew her mother, had hazy memories of a beautiful, smiling face and nothing more. The man that raised her, who called himself her father, told her that her mother had died in a car accident when she was two. She was locked away in his home for the first eight years of her life, never stepping foot outside.

Her father designed deathtraps for supervillains. And he tested them on the girl. Chained up and thrown in freezing water, tied beneath guillotines, locked in oven-heated rooms. Only releasing her when she was half-dead or when she learned to escape on her own. Denied any toys, she possessed the mechanical genius of her father, taking apart his devices to make small toys of springs and gears which she kept hidden from him. For her fifth birthday, he got her a cat for a friend. On her sixth birthday, he killed it in front of her eyes.

He also trained her as a child assassin because no one suspects a child. The garrote and straight razor were her specialties. At the age of eight, she was allowed to leave but only under her father’s close supervision and only on missions. If she didn’t meet his expectations or failed him in any way, as punishment, he would lock her naked in a freezing room and play the finale to the 1812 Overture at ear-pounding volume for 72 hours straight.

But as she grew older, she grew more experienced, her skills far exceeding her father’s abilities to monitor her. She began searching for the answers to the questions that had been haunting her for her whole life. Questions about her mother. When she turned sixteen, she finally found the answers.

Her mother hadn’t died in a car accident. Her mother had been a costumed heroine called Miss Midnight and her father had been her arch-nemesis, Dr. Demented. He had gotten her pregnant and had stolen the two-year old baby from her mother, murdering her in the process. Because of the heinousness of his crimes, he had to go into hiding, taking his baby daughter with him.

Now knowing the truth, she created her own deathtrap. Watching, studying and being tortured by her father’s deathtraps her entire childhood, she was more than capable of devising one to snare her father, one he would neither expect nor escape. And she succeeded. And when she finally stood over his bloody, eviscerated body, she looked in his eyes, hoping to see the pain and anguish that he had caused her for so many years. Instead, he looked up at her, smiled and asked “What took you so long?”

She cleaned out his bank accounts and burned down his house. For a while, she did nothing, just traveling the world and enjoying herself. But she quickly got bored. Realized that she actually enjoyed creating deathtraps. Besides, she figured, the world had treated her rotten so she might as well return the favor. Using her father’s client list, she went into business for herself. The criminal scum that hired her didn’t care, in fact, they were impressed with her skills and the fact that her father was a supervillain. (She keeps her mother's identity a closely guarded secret.) She had no problems finding work.

Evetually, she settled in Gotham, hoping to trap the famed Batman, only to learn that he abandoned the city. Thinks the current crop of heroes are beneath her although she does have a mad crush on Red Robin. Although she’ll kill a hero for the right price, prefers to capture them, if for no other reason than the repeat business. Invariably, she’ll capture a hero, turn them over to the villain only to have the hero escape and another villain eventually hire her to capture that same hero all over again. It’s a pretty sweet business model if you stop to think about it.

Powers/Weapons/Tech: Her raincoat is lined with Kevlar, making it bulletproof. Her M.O. is to use an abandoned building, completely tear it down and build her deathtraps, luring her victims there by some pretext and then controlling the action from a soundproof, secure control room. Her tool belt and raincoat contain an assortment of simple traps and restraints, like Chinese handcuffs or spring-loaded foot clamps, various paralyzing gases and poisons, ropes and ties, everything she needs to catch and constrain her target. Also, always carries her garrote and straight razor, although those are more for self-defense, preferring to be a trapster more than an assassin.

Weaknesses: Because of her torture, has a severe aversion to loud noises. Wears earbuds that block anything over 80 decibels. Without ear protection, any loud sounds cause her to freeze up with anxiety. Any sustained loud noise, anything over 100 decibels, and her only focus will be to flee or destroy the source of the noise. If she’s unable to do either, she will literally curl up into a ball, completely helpless. This sound aversion is completely psychological. Also, has self-esteem issues so will become unhinged from verbal insults in high stress situations. Also, has severe social anxiety and takes a combination of anti-anxiety medications along with stimulants, alcohol and caffeine. Has perfected just the right dosage cocktail but any undue stress will cause her to up her dosage with resultant side effects.

Skills:
From her assassin training, is highly skilled in multiple forms of unarmed combat and edged weapons. Also proficient with firearms although avoids them because of the sound.
Mechanical/electrical/computer genius and from her homeschooling has the equivalent of a masters degree in all those fields. Also, is a master carpenter, welder and jill of all trades when it comes to building traps. Traps can range from hi-tech to cobbled together improvised devices. Also, because she can build them, she can also escape virtually any trap. Master of restraint and a master of escaping restraints and ties.
Pretty good detective from all the research she has to do on her targets, finding out their habits and weaknesses.

RP Examples: Have multiple posts in IC already.

Extra Information: Obsessed with collecting Miss Midnight comics as they are the only means that she has of learning about her mother. There were 87 issues in the series. 14 issues featured her father which she will not read. Of the 73 remaining issues, she has 57 so far. As the issues are extremely rare, will do almost anything to acquire the remaining 16 she does not own. A really observant person will note that Lydia is the spitting image of her mother, both in actual life and how she is drawn in the comics. Also, loves animals and street urchins. Is a vegan.

Day Job: Designs security systems for VIPs which allows her to work from home.

Living place: Lives in Bristol County in the old Carrington family mansion. The mansion dates to the 1870s when Jonathon Carrington, scion of the Gotham Arms firearms manufacturing fortune went mad after the loss of all of his children in the Civil War. In a fit of insanity he built the huge 45 room estate with halls that led to nowhere, rooms with no entrances or exits. The perfect place for Lydia to build her ‘House of Death’. While she lives in a large and spacious set of safe rooms in the center of the house, complete with self-contained ventilation, water, power and communications, the outer ring of rooms all contain deathtraps of one type or another. Her way of dealing with thieves and robbers whom she hates. Also, the grounds are swampy which gives her privacy and plenty of space to bury the dead bodies.

Voice Actor/Play-by: a twentysomething Winona Ryder

Likes/Dislikes: Likes- quiet, comic books, couture fashion, animals and anything having to do with Red Robin. Dislikes- noise, thieves, shoddy construction, people that hurt animals, people that remind her of her father.

Theme Song: Doesn’t have one because, you know, doesn’t like noise.

Did you read the rules? Yes.

So! Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Issues? :)
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:36 am, edited 5 times in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:12 am

Skarten wrote:So, i edited all the things you needed brainy.

Okay, lemme take a look! :)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:15 am

Unless I'm missing it, still not seeing an alias name and still need to know what "a few improvements" means specifically for his leg prosthesis. ;)

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:19 am

United States of Brainy wrote:Okay, I'm sure I'm not the first one to think this...but can Cooper set Stephanie on fire or something? :lol:

Well that’s an option. He does consider Tim to be something like his new person, so seeing him hurt by this girl might just set him off :twisted:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:24 am

Whalestron wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Okay, I'm sure I'm not the first one to think this...but can Cooper set Stephanie on fire or something? :lol:

Well that’s an option. He does consider Tim to be something like his new person, so seeing him hurt by this girl might just set him off :twisted:

I mean setting her on fire just on general principle because she's so damn annoying! :lol:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 am

Okay, so what kind of F-ed up military gives a vet that creepy mask for Korean War service? :lol: Honestly, I can't see Truman giving some soldier that thing!

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:36 am

United States of Brainy wrote:Okay, so what kind of F-ed up military gives a vet that creepy mask for Korean War service? :lol: Honestly, I can't see Truman giving some soldier that thing!

The mask was a scare tactic used on Korean troops. The mask was designed to look like a devil, and terrify the Korean troops into surrender. Imagine if you saw somebody wearing that mask on the battlefield, that no matter how many times you shot them, they wouldn’t die? He didn’t receive it as a vet. He received it for his specific role in the Korean War, where he in fact played the part of an assassin and a terror factor against the enemy troops.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:38 am

Unless I'm missing it, still not seeing an alias name and still need to know what "a few improvements" means specifically for his leg prosthesis. ;)

OH yeh. Forgot about the alias

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:39 am

Haedros 92712 wrote:The mask was a scare tactic used on Korean troops. The mask was designed to look like a devil, and terrify the Korean troops into surrender. Imagine if you saw somebody wearing that mask on the battlefield, that no matter how many times you shot them, they wouldn’t die?

Did it work? :lol: Edit-Ohhhh...okay, that kinda makes sense.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Democratic Marxists
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Marxists » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 am

Haha...seriously, though, Lic’s toned Stephanie down, if anything. Her comic book version pisses off just about anyone. That’s why Batman fired her after like a week.
I’m a democratic socialist. Yes, I believe in the radical idea of sharing, as do so many other people. Fight me.

Pro: Socialism, Social Democracy, Peace, Environment, Legal Marijuana, Gun Control, Economic Redistribution, Medicare for All, Living Wage, Tuition-Free College, Feminism, Universal Pre-K, Palestine, Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Jeremy Corbyn, Jacinda Ardern, AMLO, Labour Party, Democratic Socialists of America, Green Party

Moderate: Barack Obama, Tulsi Gabbard

Anti: Casino Capitalism, Ruthless Billionaires, Abortion, Racism, War, The Wall, Israel, ISIL, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Hillary Clinton, Theresa May, Donald Trump, Republican Party, Democratic Party

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:03 am

OK DONE
I got the alias, i specified what the leg thingo means.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse