NATION

PASSWORD

Fates And Futures [OOC | Signups Closed | Arc 2.5!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:57 pm

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Hey, with everyone's permission I would like to make a general layout of the Syndicate HQ. It would be good to know exactly which facilities are were, to keep some form of unity among the different writers.

Sounds fine to me, feel free to ask if you need details on different areas. However, keep in mind it isn't a small building but a large skyscraper, in case you were thinking of something visual.
Wulf Da Guy wrote:snip

Accepted.
don't tread on me

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:30 pm

Pulling Robyn from the operation for safety concerns. Both to herself and the team, concerns that could jeopardize the mission.
Global War on Crime
______
Operation: VENGEFUL SPIRIT
|____|
Order of the Purple Cross
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:50 pm

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Pulling Robyn from the operation for safety concerns. Both to herself and the team, concerns that could jeopardize the mission.

Oof. Well, plan should still be fine hopefully.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:19 pm

I may go with a different character then Viper or have to drop out. Give me the rest of the week to decide.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:34 pm

Harbertia wrote:I may go with a different character then Viper or have to drop out. Give me the rest of the week to decide.

Ouch. Take your time, if you want suggestions for ideas or whatever I can help.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:35 pm

Here is my app for a pair of bickering class-mates.

PLAYER CHARACTER APPLICATION

VITALS

Name: Jocelyn Jane Triggs (known as ‘JJ’ to her friends)
Nickname/Alias: Cuttlefish
Appearance:

Build: 5’6’’ tall, 125lb

Primary Ability: Cellular regeneration – Triggs is capable of regenerating from almost any injury apart from complete destruction of the brain. Depending upon the severity of the injury and what kind of energy reserves she has to draw from this can take a few seconds (papercut) to several weeks (complete bodily regeneration).
She can also reattach severed limbs or digits (which is faster than trying to grow a new one, but still not all that quick).

Other Abilities: Body morphing – JJ can temporarily change shape… sort of. While she can change the colour of her skin and hair and morph her facial features, she cannot add or lose weight or height, change her gender or appear to age. Which is to say she can only change into another 20-something, 5’6’’, 125lb, female.

Wrist-blade implant – Due to poor life choices JJ has ended up with a blade implanted in her right forearm which allows her to suddenly (and, usually, unexpectedly) produce a 18 inch metal spike from her wrist. She calls this her 'surprise knife'.

Power Drawbacks: “My powers kinda suck” – While JJ is hard to kill, injuries still hurt her as much as they would a normal person. Broken bones and cut tendons will immobilise her, though not for as long as they would a normal person. The implanted blade also hurts (if she ever becomes desperate enough to use it).

Serious injuries (which would normally have killed her rather rapidly) will cause JJ to black out for a few minutes.

If JJ is too badly injured (i.e. loses a limb or worse) she will not regenerate without a large amount of energy, either the form of food or being dumped into a vat of high protein material (such as blood agar). She has a special dislike for the second option.

It takes JJ around 2 or 3 minutes to assume a new face and she will revert to her real one if she is knocked out, goes to sleep or suffers serious injury.

Equipment: None

DETAILS

Nationality: American
Hometown: New York
Sexuality: About a 1 on the Kinsey scale.

Biggest Flaw: Generally speaking, JJ is not much of a fighter. She can infiltrate and impersonate, but isn’t much help if her cover gets blown and there is no opportunity to use/people already know about her surprise knife. While JJ can regenerate quickly, she does not have a pain threshold to match: if she gets shot in the leg, she will be rolling around on the ground yelling and swearing, not carrying on the fight.
Main Skills: Athletic and a reasonably good actress. Passable ability with firearms.

Personality: JJ is a fun-loving, confident, and spontaneous. She is also somewhat snarky and tends not to take anything too seriously, which can lead to her annoying people. She is liable to taunt her adversaries and team-mates alike. Finally, she is not particularly confident about her meta-human powers, tending to think other peoples’ are ‘better’ than hers leading to some questionable decision making at times.

Biography: Jocelyn comes from a middle class family in suburban New York. She has two older brothers and has always been something of a tom-boy. She is very good at soccer and had, until she was 17 and her powers manifested, hoped to use that skill to gain a sporting scholarship at a good College. She is also something of a party animal and tends to get rather competitive, particularly with males and particularly when it comes to anything to do with physical activity.

It was this that led her to the accident that led to the activation of her mutant genes six years ago. While heavily drunk at a party she felt compelled to climb onto a balcony railing (as somebody else had), slipped, fell two storeys and impaled herself on a metal pole that had formed part of some scaffolding. When the ambulance staff arrived they were horrified to discover that the person on the pole, despite a broken spine, ruptured aorta and punctured lung, was still alive and semi-conscious.

The pole was cut from under her and Jocelyn was rushed to the hospital with the pole still through her chest. After performing an x-ray, the emergency room doctors deduced that Jocelyn's injuries were too severe to survive. The pole was keeping her alive at the moment, but death was inevitable. Quietly it was agreed to ease her suffering by removing it. It was expected she would bleed out in seconds. Instead, she made a full recovery within the hour. There was not even a scar to tell of the event.

Worried about what this meant for their daughter, JJ’s parents enrolled her in a Meta-human Academy, which turned out to be a shell front for a mercenary corporation interested in training young meta-humans for use as soldiers. After rather quickly getting tired of her personality, the mercenaries decided the best way to train JJ was to throw her into combat situations… where she proved to be completely inept (at one point getting eaten by a demonic being and needing to be regrown in a vat).

Exposure to combat, however, saw her develop another power – the ability to body morph. The decision was made that she would make a better assassin than a soldier. JJ was offered an implanted blade, which she happily agreed to in order to avoid having to fight anything else large and hungry, but which she pretty quickly came to regret when she realised that in order to use it, she needed to drive a spike through her own wrist. She did, however, reveal quite a talent for acting and impersonation which made her body-morphing quite useful.

Thankfully for her, the mercenary Academy was shut down not long after, at which point JJ ended up getting scooped up by the Syndicate, along with her classmate, Imogen Vaughan (who she has something of a love-hate relationship with). While the two are quite close because of their shared experiences, they are dissimilar enough that they wind each other up and tend to bicker if left alone for too long.

Vaughan is responsible for JJ’s nickname (Cuttlefish) after sniggering at JJ’s preferred alias of ‘Chameleon’: “’Chameleon?’ Wouldn’t that require you to actually change and look like someone else? You still pretty much look like you and you definitely still sound like you. You’re more like a squid throwing up some ink… maybe you should go with ‘Lady Octopus’ or ‘Cuttlefish’. Hey, can you try looking like Liam Neeson? His face, with your body and your voice: that would be hilarious!”

#HLApp

PLAYER CHARACTER APPLICATION

VITALS

Name: Imogen Vaughan (known as ‘Immy’ by her friends)
Nickname/Alias: Kaleidoscope
Appearance:

Build: 5’3’’, 105lb.

Primary Ability: Ethereal energy projection: Imogen can summon energy from another plane of reality which she can transmit to other people through touch or fling as a bolt. Bolts travel at about the speed of an arrow and are rather obvious (so are not that useful at long ranges). A person who is hit with one of her energy projection will be temporarily blinded, deafened and experience nausea, gradually fading over around half an hour. The bolts energy can also short-circuit poorly insulated electrical equipment.

Other Abilities: Enchanted artistry: Imogen can literally draw things into existence though this is not actually all that useful and she rarely does it (see the drawbacks below). The one, generally useful thing this ability gives Imogen the ability to do is draw a portal from one known location to another.

Power Drawbacks: Imogen’s artistry requires art supplies and takes time and effort (not something she can do without quite a lot of uninterrupted drawing time) and generally isn’t particularly useful: she can only create static objects, not living things and not objects with moving parts. This means she can draw a stuffed leopard into existence, not a real one or a replica gun, but not one that actually fires.

Imogen can draw a portal to another place but requires an image of the destination as it currently is. Mistakes can lead to her either getting herself (and anyone with her) lost in time and space or the portal just not working (depending upon how big the mistake was).

Imogen’s energy projection can be countered by covering the palms of her hands. When she was not in full control of her powers this was helpful as she could wear gloves to control herself. Now it just serves as a way for an opponent to depower her.

On top of this drugs such as alcohol interfere with her ability to control her energy projections: meaning she can accidentally zap people (which doesn’t tend to be something people appreciate).

Most importantly though, whenever Imogen is using any of her powers she emits a brightly coloured, ever changing aura which can be somewhat nauseating to look at. This is not useful in the slightest (apart from at raves) and gives her position away very rapidly.

Equipment: Ballistic vest and helmet.

DETAILS

Nationality: British
Hometown: rural Herefordshire
Sexuality: Straight

Biggest Flaw: Imogen’s powers are not that useful at longer ranges and she has no defensive abilities at all. If, for whatever reason, she loses the ability to throw energy around she is pretty much helpless. She is also recovering from PTSD and does have a tendency to react with excessive violence if something frightens her.
Main Skills: Pretty handy with most bladed weapons.

Personality: Imogen is, for the most part, a quiet, thoughtful young woman who is a lot more mature than most people would expect for someone of her age (though she will trade insults with JJ Triggs). She has a tendency become the ‘big sister’ for people who are younger than her.
Imogen has a strong moral centre and will always try to minimise casualties while fighting. She favours a carefully laid plan and has a cool head under pressure though if something does panic her she really loses it.

Biography: A descendant of Thomas Vaughan and a creature of some description that he summoned from the Realm of Myths, Imogen has quite a potent natural ability for magic, however, she has never been able to do anything without the use of aids. Specifically, Imogen needs to draw her spells.

Imogen grew up in a wealthy British family and, by all accounts, had a happy upbringing, never wanting for anything. She lived an idyllic existence in rural Kent, but like many teenagers was never quite satisfied. Far from being pleased with her magical abilities, Imogen began to idolise other meta-humans and dream of what her world might be like if she had actual super-powers (having dismissed her magical ability as ‘a bit lame’). This eventually led to Imogen trying to use her magical artistry to mutate her own genes, which she succeeded at, though, lacking any real understanding of what she was doing, it didn't go according to plan. Her ability to throw energy projectiles stems from this experiment and is nothing like the cool abilities she had hoped to give herself.

Initially Imogen was completely incompetent in the use of her newly acquired ability and became a danger to those around her, accidentally releasing bolts of energy whenever she experienced any form of stress. Despairing at what to do about her, her parents sent her to a Meta-human Academy, which turned out to be the same mercenary-run academy that JJ Triggs was at. Imogen began to develop some self control while at the Academy and, unlike Triggs, proved to be competent in combat situations.

While using a portal to try to evacuate, Imogen also discovered the downside of her portals, when she accidentally opened one up to a different plane of existence and ended up lost in time and space for several months. While her eventual return was hailed as a miracle, she came back a quiet, jumpy and prone to violent outbursts.

When the mercenary Academy was shut down some months later, Imogen was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder and was finally able to get the help she needed. Now a Syndicate cadet, she is no longer showing signs of the disorder, though she still refuses to talk about her experiences on ‘the other side’ and if she is pushed enough she is still capable of going ‘crazy-berserk’ (as Triggs put it).

Triggs is responsible for Imogen’s nickname (Kaleidoscope) after Imogen gave their position away and bullets started flying in their direction: “Immy! Seriously! What the hell are you doing?”
“I was getting ready to zap someone…”
“’Getting ready?’ You’re lit up like a Christmas tree! You’re like a Kaleidoscope… a great big, super-unhelpful, Kaleidoscope.”

#HLApp
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:53 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I may go with a different character then Viper or have to drop out. Give me the rest of the week to decide.

Ouch. Take your time, if you want suggestions for ideas or whatever I can help.

Alright :)

Well...
*can't think of how to express my mind right now*
*so here is an image to convey how I feel in my head right now*

A bit blank faced, floating yet tethered and unwilling to slip the chains and be free for fear that I'll loose myself in the mental sea.

I'm no longer in the 'snake obsession*; being someone with Asbergers I tend to get - really dedicated to one thing for long periods of time- and it looks like Snakes (an obsession that lasted for *looks it up* near 4 YEARS was just that- one of those periods of long obsession.

Now it seems, and I think Avalon being in my RP group can confirm- it's Scooby-Doo. I don't know why, my mind is again in that floating state of being but it's Scooby-Doo. I mean- full on theorizing, researching, reading, and watching. Last night it was "Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School" - I finished watching it at around 10:49 before finally going to sleep and getting up for work at 5:10.

... other topics are swimming around- related topics- like Archie Comics (they did a run of Scooby-Doo Comics), Batman (they had a cross over with Scooby-Doo), Bratz' Monster High (it's similar to Ghoul School- and I watched the whole series some time back when I was in a different mode of obsession), and Grimmsdale High (for being similar to Bratz' Monster High but closer to the era of Scooby-Doo).

In short I do believe my mind is- drifting in interest where a snake character isn't going to be something I'm in the mind to work on.

My memory has a way of doing this odd 'dump' thing that happened recently, while I was hosting "Sentient Nature: Return of the Snake Queen" - such 'dumps' are typically followed by a shift in obsession as my mind reorients it's self '~'

For example, if you where to ask me what I'd like to play right now- I'd say a ghost like character perhaps similar to Danny Phantom- utilizing that blue image above (and you can if you know anything about what I'm talking about probably guess that such is the surfacing obsession talking but it's what holds my present interest) '~'

I... doubt such a character is going to fit in though '~'
Tomorrow is made today.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:08 pm

Huh. Well, I have no idea what the hell you're currently talking about as an idea since I've never even seen or heard of Danny Phantom, but intangibility as a power with some form of vulnerability while in the intangible state would work.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Huh. Well, I have no idea what the hell you're currently talking about as an idea since I've never even seen or heard of Danny Phantom, but intangibility as a power with some form of vulnerability while in the intangible state would work.

Alright. I just can't be dead- got it.... ok... so it's a bit like Kitty Pride from X-Men then hmm.... hmm....
Tomorrow is made today.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:18 pm

NPC APPLICATION

VITALS

Name: Unknown
Nickname/Alias: The Dead-Man
Appearance:

Ability/Abilities: Psychological Fear - The Dead-Man can cause individuals, or groups of people, to be fear anything that he wishes to choose. Be it a lamp, dog, cookies, beds, even the fucking air itself. To install such fear, the Dead-Man must have direct eye contact at all times, and if the line of sight is broken, the fear is gone. The fear that instill is extremely intense, causing people to cry and have psychological trauma on the spot. This power can be turned on and off on the will of the Dead-Man.

Man of Many Sciences - The Dead-Man is an extremely smart man, known to be a genius to many. Responsible for the creation of new viruses, vaccines, inventions, psychological treatment, etc, the Dead-Man’s accomplishments are long and detailed. Among his accomplishments are a set of stored chemical gasses that he uses to throw to cause a number of effects. Depending on the chemical grenade, the gas can be easily filtered by a gas-mask, or be a extremely complex concoction that needs very sophisticated equipment to filter out. Effects can range from immediate skin rashes to slowly but total lung collapse, etc, which all depends on what chemicals he uses.

Father of Maggots and Flies - The Dead-Man controls a massive swarm of bugs of many types to his aid from out of nowhere. These bugs can quickly eat the flesh of anyone unarmored, or be used to explode into acid to melt any armor. Defensively, they can be used to shield the Dead-Man from heavy ordinance, or create a thick screen of bugs to blind anyone in the swarm. The swarm can be as big as two city blocks.

See No One - The Dead-Man can teleport instantly anywhere in a 4,000 yard radius, if no-one can see him. Cooldown of a minute.

Equipment: saw-offed shotgun, chemical grenades (see power “Man of Many Sciences.”) - Thing of Interest besides that.

DETAILS

Faction: Cuban State Security
Nationality: Unknown
Skills: Dodging, Stealth, Psychological Warfare, Psychology, Chemistry, Biology, Human Anatomy, Spanish, German, Latin, French, English.

Short Bio: The Dead-Man is a individual of disputed background. Not a single piece of background information could be found upon the man himself before taking up his namesake, the Dead-Man. On July 30, 1953, the Dead-Man first appeared in Cuban. He assisted Fidel Castro in his communist guerrilla campaign against the Cuban regime. The Dead-Man would gain mythological-like-status in Cuban by of the end of Jan 1, 1959, as people would told stories of a rotten man doing actions of gore. After Fidel Castro took power and installed his new communist regime, the Dead-Man was given the lead position of Cuban’s new meta-human branch of the Cuban State Security. All throughout Latin America, the Dead-Man would operate without issue, gaining the same mythological-like-status in Cuban. The Dead-Man myth would even be apart of Latin major cultures, represented as a demon that murders the souls of people. Ever since then the Dead-Man had still to this today has been working for the Cuban State Security, and pursing his own goals. This has gone unlagrely unonticed by the Future Program, a blessing for the Dead-Man as his reign over Latin American shall be not be interfered, nor his research, which has created undiscovered biological agents that he can use to wipe out major population centers..

#HLApp
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:27 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:

NPC APPLICATION

VITALS

Appearance:

Ability/Abilities: Psychological Fear - The Dead-Man can cause individuals, or groups of people, to be fear anything that he wishes to choose. Be it a lamp, dog, cookies, beds, even the fucking air itself. To install such fear, the Dead-Man must have direct eye contact at all times, and if the line of sight is broken, the fear is gone. The fear that instill is extremely intense, causing people to cry and have psychological trauma on the spot. This power can be turned on and off on the will of the Dead-Man.

Man of Many Sciences - The Dead-Man is an extremely smart man, known to be a genius to many. Responsible for the creation of new viruses, vaccines, inventions, psychological treatment, etc, the Dead-Man’s accomplishments are long and detailed. Among his accomplishments are a set of stored chemical gasses that he uses to throw to cause a number of effects. Depending on the chemical grenade, the gas can be easily filtered by a gas-mask, or be a extremely complex concoction that needs very sophisticated equipment to filter out. Effects can range from immediate skin rashes to slowly but total lung collapse, etc, which all depends on what chemicals he uses.

Father of Maggots and Flies - The Dead-Man controls a massive swarm of bugs of many types to his aid from out of nowhere. These bugs can quickly eat the flesh of anyone unarmored, or be used to explode into acid to melt any armor. Defensively, they can be used to shield the Dead-Man from heavy ordinance, or create a thick screen of bugs to blind anyone in the swarm. The swarm can be as big as two city blocks.

See No One - The Dead-Man can teleport instantly anywhere in a 4,000 yard radius, if no-one can see him. Cooldown of a minute.

Equipment: saw-offed shotgun, chemical grenades (see power “Man of Many Sciences.”) - Thing of Interest besides that.

DETAILS

Skills: Dodging, Stealth, Psychological Warfare, Psychology, Chemistry, Biology, Human Anatomy, Spanish, German, Latin, French, English.

Short Bio: The Dead-Man is a individual of disputed background. Not a single piece of background information could be found upon the man himself before taking up his namesake, the Dead-Man. On July 30, 1953, the Dead-Man first appeared in Cuban. He assisted Fidel Castro in his communist guerrilla campaign against the Cuban regime. The Dead-Man would gain mythological-like-status in Cuban by of the end of Jan 1, 1959, as people would told stories of a rotten man doing actions of gore. After Fidel Castro took power and installed his new communist regime, the Dead-Man was given the lead position of Cuban’s new meta-human branch of the Cuban State Security. All throughout Latin America, the Dead-Man would operate without issue, gaining the same mythological-like-status in Cuban. The Dead-Man myth would even be apart of Latin major cultures, represented as a demon that murders the souls of people. Ever since then the Dead-Man had still to this today has been working for the Cuban State Security, and pursing his own goals. This has gone unlagrely unonticed by the Future Program, a blessing for the Dead-Man as his reign over Latin American shall be not be interfered, nor his research, which has created undiscovered biological agents that he can use to wipe out major population centers..

#HLApp

Not that I’m a Co-Op, but... where are your weaknesses?
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:33 pm

Well, the app itself has no section for weakness or flaws, thus I shall not add it in.

Arkeyana
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Arkeyana » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:30 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Well, the app itself has no section for weakness or flaws, thus I shall not add it in.

*Sawed-off shotgun, not Saw-offed.

also just because it doesn't have a weakness/flaw section doesn't mean that dead man is devoid of weaknesses, you could easily add in the weaknesses.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:05 am

Arkeyana wrote:
The Empire of Tau wrote:Well, the app itself has no section for weakness or flaws, thus I shall not add it in.

also just because it doesn't have a weakness/flaw section doesn't mean that dead man is devoid of weaknesses, you could easily add in the weaknesses.

This. NPC app is just condensed enough to not have individual sections for things. It's not always relevant, but if you make quite a powerful character that we're intended to eventually fight...
Dyelli Beybi wrote:snip

Accepted.
don't tread on me

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:59 am

Arkeyana wrote:

"Saw-offed" sounds funny. But like a villain name in itself.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:46 am

Talchyon wrote:

Talchyon creates a new Infinite’s character named Saw-Offed...
yea bro idk

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:47 am

Segral wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

:D Such a villain could be there.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:12 pm

Posting soon. Ish.

Doughertania
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Doughertania » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:09 pm

Alright, so this was posted in the Discord, but for those of you not there, here you go. When you aren't on mission, Santa Marina's supposed to act as a sandbox, somewhere we can go and get into hijinks outside of the main plot. Inspired by that, I came up with a few NPC's/plot hooks. I probably only have time to run one, maybe two at a time, so to help pick which to use, I'd base it off player interest. So, tell me what sounds the most interesting?

Roulette - Meta with game themed abilities. Runs various underground gambling and meta fight clubs. Known to amuse themselves by capturing heroes and villains and locking them in their "Wheelhouse," an ever-changing dungeon centered around a theme where the occupants must complete a game to escape.

Jabberwocky and the Gunslinger - Jabberwocky has glass based powers. World famous thief, known to steal from villains and heroes alike. Sometimes they sell their score for profit, other times the homeless of Santa Marina wake up a thousand dollars richer. Gunslingers got enhanced reflexes, aim, and ability to ricochet their shots. They're here traveling with a very important briefcase, something Jabberwocky might be eying.

Cat and Mouse - Less a name for the NPCs, more of a quest. In the city, a mysterious meta is being hunted by a relentless merc. When they're saved, they mention they've got information about a secret underwater research station hidden in the bay. If the research station is searched, PCs will find themselves trapped, forced to discover a way out of the rapidly destabilizing lab, all while dodging lab experiments, mutated sea life, and the merc that started the adventure.
NationStates's resident bread turtle and fourth-wall demolition expert.

I started a character picture collection for RPs, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. If you want to use a pic, go for it. If you want to add one, TG it to me.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:31 pm

NPC APPLICATION

VITALS

Appearance:

See No One - The Dead-Man can teleport instantly anywhere in a 4,00 yard radius, if no-one can see him. Cooldown of a minute.

Weakness: Bright Light - Bright Light has been known to burn the Dead-Man, causing significant structural damage to the Dead-Man. Sustained exposure to bright light would eventually disintegrate the man.

Magic - Magic can be deadly to the Dead-Man as the effects of magic are doubled-up. Ex. magic spells that can freezes people for two minutes are four minutes for the Dead-Man.

Equipment: Saw-off shotgun, sickle, chemical grenades (see power “Man of Many Sciences.”) - Thing of Interest besides that.

DETAILS

Skills: Stealth, Psychological Warfare, Psychology, Chemistry, Biology, Human Anatomy, Spanish, German, Latin, French, English.

Short Bio: The Dead-Man is a individual of disputed background. Not a single piece of background information could be found upon the man himself before taking up his namesake, the Dead-Man. On July 30, 1953, the Dead-Man first appeared in Cuban. He assisted Fidel Castro in his communist guerrilla campaign against the Cuban regime. The Dead-Man would gain mythological-like-status in Cuban by of the end of Jan 1, 1959, as people would told stories of a rotten man doing actions of gore. After Fidel Castro took power and installed his new communist regime, the Dead-Man was given the lead position of Cuban’s new meta-human branch of the Cuban State Security. All throughout Latin America, the Dead-Man would operate without issue, gaining the same mythological-like-status in Cuban. The Dead-Man myth would even be apart of Latin major cultures, represented as a demon that murders the souls of people. Ever since then the Dead-Man had still to this today has been working for the Cuban State Security, and pursing his own goals. This has gone unlagrely unonticed by the Future Program, a blessing for the Dead-Man as his reign over Latin American shall be not be interfered, nor his research, which has created undiscovered biological agents that he can use to wipe out major population centers.

#HLApp
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Segral wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

You know? This name sounds like a 2-syllable way to pronounce "soft".

"I'm not soft! I'm Saw-offed!" Could be funny.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:56 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Segral wrote:

You know? This name sounds like a 2-syllable way to pronounce "soft".

"I'm not soft! I'm Saw-offed!" Could be funny.

Sawft? Sawft.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:17 pm

New faction added to the info repository. Check it out, everyone.

The Empire of Tau wrote:snip

Accepted.
Last edited by Forest State on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
don't tread on me

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:58 pm

Doughertania wrote:Alright, so this was posted in the Discord, but for those of you not there, here you go. When you aren't on mission, Santa Marina's supposed to act as a sandbox, somewhere we can go and get into hijinks outside of the main plot. Inspired by that, I came up with a few NPC's/plot hooks. I probably only have time to run one, maybe two at a time, so to help pick which to use, I'd base it off player interest. So, tell me what sounds the most interesting?

Roulette - Meta with game themed abilities. Runs various underground gambling and meta fight clubs. Known to amuse themselves by capturing heroes and villains and locking them in their "Wheelhouse," an ever-changing dungeon centered around a theme where the occupants must complete a game to escape.

Jabberwocky and the Gunslinger - Jabberwocky has glass based powers. World famous thief, known to steal from villains and heroes alike. Sometimes they sell their score for profit, other times the homeless of Santa Marina wake up a thousand dollars richer. Gunslingers got enhanced reflexes, aim, and ability to ricochet their shots. They're here traveling with a very important briefcase, something Jabberwocky might be eying.

Cat and Mouse - Less a name for the NPCs, more of a quest. In the city, a mysterious meta is being hunted by a relentless merc. When they're saved, they mention they've got information about a secret underwater research station hidden in the bay. If the research station is searched, PCs will find themselves trapped, forced to discover a way out of the rapidly destabilizing lab, all while dodging lab experiments, mutated sea life, and the merc that started the adventure.

Personally they all look good, though Roulette and Cat & Mouse seem the most interesting from my perspective.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:04 am

Dyelli and Rebels - I think Chambi is going to head up to the gym for some interaction.

As for the in-town plots, I like Roulette. Could be fun.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse