NATION

PASSWORD

Pokémon: Amber [OOC/OPEN!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Mundeo wrote:
Dentali wrote:Hey what is the pokemon region in amber based on? What pokemon are available? can I pick anything for a starter?

The pokemon region is one of my making, the Maderia Region, based on Brazil. Pretty much any pokemon is available, but myself or a co-op decide what pokemon appears during wild battles. Your starter can be any unevolved pokemon (the more powerful the pokemon, though, the more critical i'll be) with moves that it can learn at level 10 or below.

There's plenty of info on the region, rules, and the mechanics of the rp in the first two posts one the first page of the thread

Great thank you
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:11 pm

Glen

Bio: Coming from Jemoia Town, Glen’s family owns the nearby mines though they have been inactive for years. Known throughout the town as being a quiet but helpful kid, he was always on some mission or another to help those in his community. One day his mothers Tyranitar laid a Egg sired by his father Aggron which Glen claimed as his own. After months of caring for the egg night and day it would hatch into a Larvitar which Glen would name Gojira.

His parents made him stay in school for 2 more years despite Glen wishing to immediately go on his own adventure, he would train for many hours a day with Gojira and the few other trainers around town, learning and practicing all he could. On the final day of school before his adventure he came across an unhatched egg in the highlands near his home, seemingly abandoned with several hatched eggs nearby. He would take this egg as well, hoping it will hatch on his adventure.

He and his family Novela town to visit his Uncle Thomas, it was here that Glen intended to take the long way home, begining the path to his pokemon adventure.

Personality:Stoic, Quiet, Compassionate, Stressed,
Items:
5 Pokeball
2 Potion
1 Antidote
200 dokedollars

--Optional--
Battle Theme:
Other:

#PAV (do not remove)

Gojira

Species: Larvitar
Item (If applicable): N/A
Pokéball Type: Pokeball
Personality: Loyal, Empathetic

Ability:
Moves:
  • Bite
  • Iron Head(One parent was an Aggron)
  • Leer
  • Sandstorm
Trainer: Glen

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

Egg

Species: ???
Item (If applicable):
Pokéball Type: ???
Personality: Its an Egg

Ability:
Moves:

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)
Last edited by Dentali on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Dentali wrote:
Glen

Bio: Coming from Jemoia Town, Glen’s family owns the nearby mines though they have been inactive for years. Known throughout the town as being a quiet but helpful kid, he was always on some mission or another to help those in his community. One day his mothers Tyranitar laid a Egg sired by his father Aggron which Glen claimed as his own. After months of caring for the egg night and day it would hatch into a Larvitar which Glen would name Gojira.

His parents made him stay in school for 2 more years despite Glen wishing to immediately go on his own adventure, he would train for many hours a day with Gojira and the few other trainers around town, learning and practicing all he could. On the final day of school before his adventure he came across an unhatched egg in the highlands near his home, seemingly abandoned with several hatched eggs nearby. He would take this egg as well, hoping it will hatch on his adventure.

He and his family Novela town to visit his Uncle Thomas, it was here that Glen intended to take the long way home, begining the path to his pokemon adventure.

Items:
5 Pokeball
2 Potion
1 Antidote
200 dokedollars

--Optional--
Battle Theme:
Other:

#PAV (do not remove)

Gojira

Ability:
Moves:
  • Bite
  • Leer
  • Sandstorm

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

Egg

Item (If applicable):

Ability:
Moves:

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

what a f a n c y b o y

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Bruke wrote:
Dentali wrote:
Glen

Items:
5 Pokeball
2 Potion
1 Antidote
200 dokedollars

--Optional--
Battle Theme:
Other:

#PAV (do not remove)

Gojira

Ability:
Moves:
  • Bite
  • Leer
  • Sandstorm

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

Egg

Item (If applicable):

Ability:
Moves:

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

what a f a n c y b o y

Hey Bruke!

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:30 pm

Dentali wrote:
Bruke wrote:

what a f a n c y b o y

Hey Bruke!

HIYA! :) if nothing else, seeing this RP will make me play Pokemon again, its been a while. Do you play Pokemon irl?

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Dentali wrote:
Glen

Items:
5 Pokeball
2 Potion
1 Antidote
200 dokedollars

--Optional--
Battle Theme:
Other:

#PAV (do not remove)

Gojira

Ability:
Moves:
  • Bite
  • Leer
  • Sandstorm

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

Egg

Item (If applicable):

Ability:
Moves:

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

Choosing Jemoia town as his homeplace isn't really the best choice. Ever since the mines ran out, the place as been nearly abandoned, with only a few dozen still remaining. The place is almost a ghost town at this point, and incredibly impoverished. The mines were also owned by the town's former gym leader, Carbon.

As for the egg, that does unfortunately break the one-pokemon-at-the-start limit, so that has to be put off until later
Last edited by Mundeo on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:43 pm

Bruke wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Hey Bruke!

HIYA! :) if nothing else, seeing this RP will make me play Pokemon again, its been a while. Do you play Pokemon irl?

I enjoy the main games yea

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Mundeo wrote:
Dentali wrote:
Glen

Items:
5 Pokeball
2 Potion
1 Antidote
200 dokedollars

--Optional--
Battle Theme:
Other:

#PAV (do not remove)

Gojira

Ability:
Moves:
  • Bite
  • Leer
  • Sandstorm

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

Egg

Item (If applicable):

Ability:
Moves:

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

Choosing Jemoia town as his homeplace isn't really the best choice. Ever since the miens ran out, the place as been nearly abandoned, with only a few dozen still remaining. The place is almost a ghost town at this point, and incredibly impoverished. The mines were also owned by the town's former gym leader, Carbon.

As for the egg, that does unfortunately break the one-pokemon-at-the-start limit, so that has to be put off until later

Oh I know it was abandoned, thats what i wanted. A family once right and powerful brought low, as for Carbon can he be related to my guy?

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:45 pm

Dentali wrote:
Bruke wrote:

I got Sun, Black 2, Heartgold, and Emerald. Sapphire was my first game. that's why I like the look of this region for the RP, reminds me of Hoenn.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Dentali wrote:
Mundeo wrote:Choosing Jemoia town as his homeplace isn't really the best choice. Ever since the miens ran out, the place as been nearly abandoned, with only a few dozen still remaining. The place is almost a ghost town at this point, and incredibly impoverished. The mines were also owned by the town's former gym leader, Carbon.

Oh I know it was abandoned, thats what i wanted. A family once right and powerful brought low, as for Carbon can he be related to my guy?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Bruke wrote:
Dentali wrote:

I got Sun, Black 2, Heartgold, and Emerald. Sapphire was my first game. that's why I like the look of this region for the RP, reminds me of Hoenn.

Yea a bit, I started with silver and gold and have played every generation since

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Dentali wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Carbon’s already related to another major character, so that sadly won’t work. They can, however, be one of the families that got wealthy off of the mines then left when they went dry, or stayed for whatever reason
Last edited by Mundeo on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have at you!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:41 pm

Mundeo wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Carbon’s already related to another major character, so that sadly won’t work. They can, however, be one of the families that got wealthy off of the mines then left when they went dry, or stayed for whatever reason

Works for me, a major shareholder in the mine or descended from a family of miners, ill get rid of the egg NP. Any other comments?

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:48 pm

Dentali wrote:
Mundeo wrote:Carbon’s already related to another major character, so that sadly won’t work. They can, however, be one of the families that got wealthy off of the mines then left when they went dry, or stayed for whatever reason

Works for me, a major shareholder in the mine or descended from a family of miners, ill get rid of the egg NP. Any other comments?

Everything else is good
Have at you!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:50 pm

Mundeo wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Everything else is good

Glen

Bio: Coming from Jemoia Town, Glen’s family were once major shareholders in the nearby mines, but after they dried up they opened a small store and have struggled to get by. Known throughout the town as being a quiet but helpful kid, he was always on some mission or another to help those in his community. One day his mothers Tyranitar laid a Egg sired by his father’s Aggron which Glen claimed as his own. After months of caring for the egg night and day it would hatch into a Larvitar which Glen would name Gojira.

He and his family Novela town to visit his Uncle Thomas, it was here that Glen intended to take the long way home, beginning the path to his pokemon adventure.

Items:
3 Pokeball
2 Potion
1 Antidote
1000 Pokedollars
1 Pokedex

--Optional--
Battle Theme:
Other:

#PAV (do not remove)

Mothra

Species: Silcoon
Personality:

Ability: Shed Skin
Moves:
  • Tackle
  • String Shot
  • Poison Sting
  • Harden

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

Gojira

Ability: Guts
Moves:
  • Bite
  • Leer
  • Sandstorm
  • Screech

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

Meeco

Species: Sentret
Personality:

Ability: Keen Eye
Moves:
  • Scratch
  • Foresight
  • Defense Curl
  • Quick Attack

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

[box]
Quezalcoatl

Species: Spearow
Personality:

Ability:Keen Eye
Moves:
  • Peck
  • Growl
  • Leer
  • Fury Attack
  • Pursuit

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)
Last edited by Dentali on Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:08 am, edited 8 times in total.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:03 pm

Dentali wrote:
Mundeo wrote:Everything else is good

Glen

Bio: Coming from Jemoia Town, Glen’s family were once major shareholders in the nearby mines, but after they dried up they opened a small store and have struggled to get by. Known throughout the town as being a quiet but helpful kid, he was always on some mission or another to help those in his community. One day his mothers Tyranitar laid a Egg sired by his father’s Aggron which Glen claimed as his own. After months of caring for the egg night and day it would hatch into a Larvitar which Glen would name Gojira.

He and his family Novela town to visit his Uncle Thomas, it was here that Glen intended to take the long way home, beginning the path to his pokemon adventure.

Items:
5 Pokeball
2 Potion
1 Antidote
200 dokedollars

--Optional--
Battle Theme:
Other:

#PAV (do not remove)

Gojira

Ability:
Moves:
  • Bite
  • Leer
  • Sandstorm

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

ACCEPTED
Have at you!

Petrovskia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrovskia » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:50 am

Dentali wrote:
Gojira

Ability:
Moves:
  • Bite
  • Leer
  • Sandstorm

--Optional--
Bio:
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

GODZIRRAAAAA!!

Astraxi
Secretary

Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Astraxi » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:55 am

Tag!

S i t k a
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:48 am

Pretty much done with the app. Just need to give Marty some items and find a picture and then I'll be good to go.
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.
Local News: Karl Marx visits Sitka, is "impressed".

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:15 pm

What about the IC?
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Just sort of happened one day.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:29 pm

New yugoslavaia wrote:What about the IC?

The IC is up, if that’s what you’re asking about
Have at you!

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Brian Warner

Bio: Brian Warner knows his way around the world of Pokémon. Being born in the Sinnoh region to a Jubilife TV reporter and a pilot, both excellent Pokemon Trainers, it was like he was destined for greatness, his whole family thought he was destined for greatness. And so did Brian.

He was obsessed with Pokémon since the beginning, and kept wishing, and hoping for the day he would finally get his beloved Pokémon. Him and his family traveled to many different regions as part of his parents’ careers, including Hoenn, Unova, and Alola, and he would spend days in a dusty library reading all about the different regional Pokémon, and watching Pokémon battles in person.

But over the years, that dream began to fade. Work began to dry up for both parents, and the family was plunged into a financially difficult period. Brian didn’t want to pursue his dream of being a world-class Pokemon Trainer anymore, because he felt like it was selfish to focus on himself over his family. And so, he put the dream to sleep.

But eventually, things changed, two things in particular. His parents moved to Madeira with the promise of new employment opportunities, and he met his first Pokémon, his beloved Munchlax. Now, with the promise of a new League and the blessing of his parents, he sets forth with his childhood dreams burning fiercely once again.

Personality: Brian is about as ADHD as one can get, being super excitable, hyper, and fun. He has a seemingly endless amount of energy, and always craves action, excitement, and adventure. The downside of this is that he has the attention span of a squirrel, and isn’t very patient either. But if he learns to control this, he could truly be a great battler.

Items:
  • 7 Pokeballs
  • 3 Potions
  • 800 Pokedollars

--Optional--
Likes: Pokémon, reading, video games, travelling, food, and drink.
Dislikes: Boring people, long hikes, arrogance
Battle Theme:

Other:

• Suffers from insomnia
  • Dreams of becoming a Pokémon Professor

#PAV (do not remove)

Muncher

Species: Munchlax
Item: None at the moment
Pokéball Type: Premier Ball

Personality: Muncher is a bit like his trainer; fun, goofy, slightly mischevious, and a food and drink lover. Muncher often likes to stay out of his ball and walk next to Brian, as he loves to be outside with fresh air and sunlight. He’s also very protective of Brian, and will do anything to make sure he’s safe.

Ability: Thick Fat

Moves:
  • Tackle
  • Lick
  • Amnesia
  • Defense Curl

Trainer: Brian Warner

--Optional--
Bio: Once upon a time there was a Munchlax in some tall grass on a dark and shady route. A boy named Brian walked in, out on a morning stroll, before being jumped by the Munchlax. However, instead of attacking, the Munchlax followed him around, even sneaking into his house and eating food straight from the fridge. And the rest they say, is history.

Likes: Eating, drinking, the great outdoors, walking, his trainer
Dislikes: An empty stomach, a parched throat, being cooped up inside his ball.

#PAV (Do not remove)

Sting

Species: Venipede
Item: N/A
Pokéball Type: Standard Pokeball

Personality: Unlike the goofy and fun-loving duo of Muncher and Brian, Sting is by comparison, the more level-headed and battle-ready of the group. He's always attentive and paranoid of literally anything that moves, and often scolds other Pokemon for being lax and lazy. He also has quite the explosive temper, taking loss very poorly and having a high sense of pride in his battling, to the point where he even lost a pincer in a fight.

Ability: Poison Point

Moves:
  • Defense Curl
  • Rollout
  • Poison Sting
  • Screech

Trainer: Brian Warner

--Optional--

Bio: It lived in grass and then it didn't.

Likes: Other Bug-Types, rolling around, things that spin, nature, music, and being on the go.
Dislikes: Foolishness, poor fighters, cowardice, laziness, and breaking his stingers.

Other: Lost a pincer in battle once, when he was about one year old.

#PAV (Do not remove)
Last edited by Segral on Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
yea bro idk

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017

Postby The Batavia » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:51 pm

>Creating app
>Decides to look at other apps for inspiration
>Other apps look waaaaay better than mine
>Can only come up with crappy lines
>Panic
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Segral
Ambassador

Postby Segral » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:53 pm

The Batavia wrote:>Creating app
>Decides to look at other apps for inspiration
>Other apps look waaaaay better than mine
>Can only come up with crappy lines
>Panic

Lol, I had the exact same problem. Don’t let it keep you down, just write. It’s not about how you app, it’s how you write. Although you probably already know that.
yea bro idk

Segral
Ambassador

Postby Segral » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Aaaaand, oops, I just realized someone else has a Munchlax for a starter. This is what I get for not reading other people’s apps...

If either the OP or New Roman wants me to change it, I’m more than happy to.
Last edited by Segral on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yea bro idk

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse