NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:30 pm

The Mank wrote:Posted a short one.

Alfred is smart. He doesn't want Damian spilling brains all over the inside of Master Bruce's Rolls Royce. :lol:

Also, just realized, Historian not only pissed up every hero in Gotham but he also made an enemy of the League of Shadows. Yeah, this guy is toast. :rofl:

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:45 pm

Tim is seriously hoping that Barbara isn’t tracking him right now... :p he doesn’t want to deal with her angry side again.

Sorry Damian :(
Last edited by Lic on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:08 pm

Lic wrote:Tim is seriously hoping that Barbara isn’t tracking him right now... :p he doesn’t want to deal with her angry side again.

Sorry Damian :(

It's open season on Robins tonight! :lol: The way this night is going, they might all be extinct by morning! :lol: So...you do know we got a Calendar Man, right? :p It even says so in Yaana's roster. St George Territory. They haven't posted IC but they did an app, got it approved and everything. Also, is holding little kids gonna be a thing now? In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Tim staged this whole 'Calendar Man' thingie just to steal some sympathy away from Damian! :lol:
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:07 am

United States of Brainy wrote:
The Mank wrote:Posted a short one.

Alfred is smart. He doesn't want Damian spilling brains all over the inside of Master Bruce's Rolls Royce. :lol:

Also, just realized, Historian not only pissed up every hero in Gotham but he also made an enemy of the League of Shadows. Yeah, this guy is toast. :rofl:

Thats why he's dissapearing
For now...
Time to take on my identity as von eleur. I have a plan.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:59 am

I'll get a post up today if I have time.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:29 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:I'll get a post up today if I have time.

Sounds good! (And the Joe IC is up btw! :) )
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:08 am

I decided the Crow was boring me a little bit so I wanted to try something. I want to take advantage of the Arkham breakout for a moment.

Minor Character Probably
Villain APP:
Name/Alias: Jervis Tetch / Mad Hatter
Appearance: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/batman/images/a/a7/BGKhatter.gif/revision/latest?cb=20080805205333
Personality: An obsessive and delusional madman of considerable intellect, despite his brilliance in designing mind control technology mentally his ambition is all centered around some grand performance of Alice in Wonderland. He is mousy and frantic, resorting to rhyme when frustrated, and quite unpredictable.
Faction: He identifies with the older generation of Gotham's crime but is on the outside due to his innate unpredictability and strangeness.
Affiliation:: None
Race: Human
Backstory:. An orphan, a bullied throughout his schooling, Jervis clung to children's fantasy and became particularly obsessed with the work of Lewis Carol. This had led him to be an outsider, not belonging to the other children. As a high school student, Jervis was shy and quiet, yet brilliant and he excelled in his course before attending Gotham University for electronic engineering and neurology. After graduation and completion of master's, he found himself working with Wayne Enterprises as a neural scientist. It was here where he perfected his mind control technology. Still, he had no opportunity to test it until the daughter of the landlady at the house in which he was staying convince him that she had been raped and the high school baseball team was evil. Using his technology on one of the boys, the Tetch killed the team with a pipe-bomb, in his first crime. Haunted by a guilty consciousness after the event he began a descent into madness.

Jervis Tetch's appearance on the scene of Gotham city as a "supervillian" was very early in Batman's career during which he attempted to make several high profile thefts to advance his masterpiece. Ultimately, he was defeated leading to a long incarnation period in Arkham Asylum during which the Imposter Mad Hatter took his place. After an escape, he hunted down the Imposter and believed he had killed him. Thinking he had disposed of him for good the Mad Hatter, returned to his agenda, at one point living on the East End of Gotham and offering "protection" to the many homeless youth in the area. Batman ended this and discovered that through a combination of drugs and hypnosis he was brainwashing the children to take part in his delusion. Sexual assault while rumored was not confirmed, but the foiling of the plan was enough to earn another stay in Arkham. Various escapes and schemes have occurred since then, but these are of note.
Powers/Weapons/Tech: The Mad Hatter has a genius level intellect and a plethora of knowledge on mind control and hypnosis. This usually manifests itself in various electronic mind control devices and hat themed weapons. Electronics are his specialty.
Weaknesses:: Jervis Tetch is quite elderly and as such has had to rely on thugs to do the brunt of the fighting for him. He also is obsessive and has put himself in harm's way to recover his hat.
Skills: Tetch's expertise in modifying electronics allows for an almost Mcguiver-like ability to modify circuits to do his bidding. He also has various vehicles hidden throughout Gotham, often appearing of an antiquated kind, that are quite advanced.
RP Examples:
Extra Information
Day Job: Asylum Inmate
Living place: Arkham Asylum
Voice Actor: Roddy McDowell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71OB52nYOFg
Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Lewis Carol, Hats, Gimmicks, Nonsense Poetry, Riddles, Children, Fixation on Young Girls
Dislikes: Drab-Colors, Darkness, People who Scoff at Him,
Theme Song:
Did you read the rules?

Major Character Probably.
Name/Alias: Unknown / "Jervis Tetch" /"Imposter" Mad Hatter
Appearance:https://the-titans-rp-and-information.wikia.com/wiki/File:Hm3-beta_(13).png
Personality: Darker than his counterpart in nearly every way, the Imposter Mad Hatter, is violent, psychopathic, and every bit as obsessed as the original, yet he is much clearer minded and not delusional. He uses the character as the backdrop for various criminal enterprises he runs with ties to organized crime. He seems to enjoy Lewis Carol and to absorbed some of Jervis's quirks into his character, but he is concerned with profit at all costs.
Faction: Looking for Allies
Affiliation: Connections to Organized Crime
Backstory: The Imposter Mad Hatter's rise to fame began with the incarnation of the original Jervis Tetch. It was not long before "Jervis Tetch" was once again committing crimes throughout Gotham, which initially was puzzling to Batman as Tetch was certainly confined to the Asylum. After the initial encounter though, it became clear this man was someone different altogether with his fiery red hair and hand-to-hand combat expertise. Though he plays the part very well, Batman also became convinced that he does not live in the character he has created but simply wears it to aid in his exploits. It also became clear that he has some connections to organized crime. Though he managed to escape Batman, his crime spree came to an end when the original Mad Hatter caught up to him, he was thought dead and he disappeared for a time.

Now he has resurfaced but has yet to strike, instead he's been searching for the assets belonging to the original while he's conveniently in incarcerated. His goal is simple, to become one of the kings of the Gotham underworld. Batman leaving offers the perfect opportunity. The time is now.
Powers/Weapons/Tech: The Imposter Mad Hatter, while lacking the brilliance of the original in creating devices, has acquired many of those belonging to the other. He also is always armed with a .442 caliber revolver.
Weaknesses: The Imposter Mad Hatter's greatest weakness is that he is more or less a better than average criminal with expensive toys he's acquired from his predecessor. He doesn't have the knowledge of the original Mad Hatter and cannot repair damage to these devices, and he is aware of this and tends to be overly cautious because of it.
Skills: The Imposter Mad Hatter is a skilled fighter, seemingly trained in boxing and missed martial arts, and actually prefers hand to hand-to-hand combat.
RP Examples:
Extra Information ]
Day Job: His "day job" is merely managing his lower risk criminal exploits.
Living place: The East End
Voice Actor: For some reason I want him to sound like the gate-guard from the Wizard of Oz
Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Money, Deal Making
Dislikes: Do-Gooders, Large Dogs
Theme Song:
Did you read the rules?
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:25 am

Personal Freedom wrote:I decided the Crow was boring me a little bit so I wanted to try something. I want to take advantage of the Arkham breakout for a moment.

Minor Character Probably
Villain APP:
Name/Alias: Jervis Tetch / Mad Hatter
Appearance: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/batman/images/a/a7/BGKhatter.gif/revision/latest?cb=20080805205333
Personality: An obsessive and delusional madman of considerable intellect, despite his brilliance in designing mind control technology mentally his ambition is all centered around some grand performance of Alice in Wonderland. He is mousy and frantic, resorting to rhyme when frustrated, and quite unpredictable.
Faction: He identifies with the older generation of Gotham's crime but is on the outside due to his innate unpredictability and strangeness.
Affiliation:: None
Backstory:. An orphan, a bullied throughout his schooling, Jervis clung to children's fantasy and became particularly obsessed with the work of Lewis Carol. This had led him to be an outsider, not belonging to the other children. As a high school student, Jervis was shy and quiet, yet brilliant and he excelled in his course before attending Gotham University for electronic engineering and neurology. After graduation and completion of master's, he found himself working with Wayne Enterprises as a neural scientist. It was here where he perfected his mind control technology. Still, he had no opportunity to test it until the daughter of the landlady at the house in which he was staying convince him that she had been raped and the high school baseball team was evil. Using his technology on one of the boys, the Tetch killed the team with a pipe-bomb, in his first crime. Haunted by a guilty consciousness after the event he began a descent into madness.

Jervis Tetch's appearance on the scene of Gotham city as a "supervillian" was very early in Batman's career during which he attempted to make several high profile thefts to advance his masterpiece. Ultimately, he was defeated leading to a long incarnation period in Arkham Asylum during which the Imposter Mad Hatter took his place. After an escape, he hunted down the Imposter and believed he had killed him. Thinking he had disposed of him for good the Mad Hatter, returned to his agenda, at one point living on the East End of Gotham and offering "protection" to the many homeless youth in the area. Batman ended this and discovered that through a combination of drugs and hypnosis he was brainwashing the children to take part in his delusion. Sexual assault while rumored was not confirmed, but the foiling of the plan was enough to earn another stay in Arkham. Various escapes and schemes have occurred since then, but these are of note.
Powers/Weapons/Tech: The Mad Hatter has a genius level intellect and a plethora of knowledge on mind control and hypnosis. This usually manifests itself in various electronic mind control devices and hat themed weapons. Electronics are his specialty.
Weaknesses:: Jervis Tetch is quite elderly and as such has had to rely on thugs to do the brunt of the fighting for him. He also is obsessive and has put himself in harm's way to recover his hat.
Skills: Tetch's expertise in modifying electronics allows for an almost Mcguiver-like ability to modify circuits to do his bidding. He also has various vehicles hidden throughout Gotham, often appearing of an antiquated kind, that are quite advanced.
RP Examples:
Extra Information
Day Job: Asylum Inmate
Living place: Arkham Asylum
Voice Actor: Roddy McDowell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71OB52nYOFg
Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Lewis Carol, Hats, Gimmicks, Nonsense Poetry, Riddles, Children, Fixation on Young Girls
Dislikes: Drab-Colors, Darkness, People who Scoff at Him,
Theme Song:
Did you read the rules?

Major Character Probably.
Name/Alias: Unknown / "Jervis Tetch" /"Imposter" Mad Hatter
Appearance:https://the-titans-rp-and-information.wikia.com/wiki/File:Hm3-beta_(13).png
Personality: Darker than his counterpart in nearly every way, the Imposter Mad Hatter, is violent, psychopathic, and every bit as obsessed as the original, yet he is much clearer minded and not delusional. He uses the character as the backdrop for various criminal enterprises he runs with ties to organized crime. He seems to enjoy Lewis Carol and to absorbed some of Jervis's quirks into his character, but he is concerned with profit at all costs.
Faction: Looking for Allies
Affiliation: Connections to Organized Crime
Backstory: The Imposter Mad Hatter's rise to fame began with the incarnation of the original Jervis Tetch. It was not long before "Jervis Tetch" was once again committing crimes throughout Gotham, which initially was puzzling to Batman as Tetch was certainly confined to the Asylum. After the initial encounter though, it became clear this man was someone different altogether with his fiery red hair and hand-to-hand combat expertise. Though he plays the part very well, Batman also became convinced that he does not live in the character he has created but simply wears it to aid in his exploits. It also became clear that he has some connections to organized crime. Though he managed to escape Batman, his crime spree came to an end when the original Mad Hatter caught up to him, he was thought dead and he disappeared for a time.

Now he has resurfaced but has yet to strike, instead he's been searching for the assets belonging to the original while he's conveniently in incarcerated. His goal is simple, to become one of the kings of the Gotham underworld. Batman leaving offers the perfect opportunity. The time is now.
Powers/Weapons/Tech: The Imposter Mad Hatter, while lacking the brilliance of the original in creating devices, has acquired many of those belonging to the other. He also is always armed with a .442 caliber revolver.
Weaknesses: The Imposter Mad Hatter's greatest weakness is that he is more or less a better than average criminal with expensive toys he's acquired from his predecessor. He doesn't have the knowledge of the original Mad Hatter and cannot repair damage to these devices, and he is aware of this and tends to be overly cautious because of it.
Skills: The Imposter Mad Hatter is a skilled fighter, seemingly trained in boxing and missed martial arts, and actually prefers hand to hand-to-hand combat.
RP Examples:
Extra Information ]
Day Job: His "day job" is merely managing his lower risk criminal exploits.
Living place: The East End
Voice Actor: For some reason I want him to sound like the gate-guard from the Wizard of Oz
Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Money, Deal Making
Dislikes: Do-Gooders, Large Dogs
Theme Song:
Did you read the rules?

NICE! BOTH APPROVED! :D

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:26 am

Nice post, Haedros! :)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:38 am

So, I have to ask, how angry would the Disciples of Batman be if the Question did this :?:

Edit- Also post is up.
Last edited by Tamrida on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:49 am

Tamrida wrote:So, I have to ask, how angry would the Disciples of Batman be if the Question did this :?:

Edit- Also post is up.

You know, the way their night is going, they probably wouldn't even notice! :rofl:

So...does Meredith even understand the concept of Capitalism? Sheesh...giving away his services for free, what is he, a communist? :lol:

And don't think I didn't notice that Dr. P product placement. :p

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Tamrida wrote:So, I have to ask, how angry would the Disciples of Batman be if the Question did this :?:

Edit- Also post is up.

You know, the way their night is going, they probably wouldn't even notice! :rofl:

So...does Meredith even understand the concept of Capitalism? Sheesh...giving away his services for free, what is he, a communist? :lol:

And don't think I didn't notice that Dr. P product placement. :p

Well then, it is time. :?:

Its called, "Hey, how about we not try to provoke the guy who was just threatening my life?"

I told you that I was going to make Vic like Dr. Pepper. :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:01 pm

Posted for our man Jake the Bartender.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:10 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Posted for our man Jake the Bartender.

Our main man Jake is going to be in a world of hurt if he doesn't start singing. :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:18 pm

Tamrida wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Posted for our man Jake the Bartender.

Our main man Jake is going to be in a world of hurt if he doesn't start singing. :p

Could he just bribe Vic with a cool and crisp Dr. Pepper? :p

And posted! Yeahhh...Jake's about to lose it in his pants there. :lol:
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:20 pm

Tamrida wrote:Our main man Jake is going to be in a world of hurt if he doesn't start singing. :p

So does Jake really not know anything or is it his act?
Last edited by Tamrida on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:24 pm

Tamrida wrote:

So does Jake really know anything or is it his act?

He doesn't know out and out where Pengy is but he is the bartender and Oswald does like his martinis. So, more like, Jake is told to bring the booze to such and such a place.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:25 pm

Tamrida wrote:So does Jake really know anything or is it his act?

He doesn't know out and out where Pengy is but he is the bartender and Oswald does like his martinis. So, more like, Jake is told to bring the booze to such and such a place.

Would he know about a contact or the location where somebody like Raven or the other loyalists are hiding that could lead him to Penguin?

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:29 pm

Tamrida wrote:[
Would he know about a contact or the location where somebody like Raven or the other loyalists are hiding that could lead him to Penguin?

All he would be told is "bring the booze to this location and leave it." It would be safe to assume that Raven or something picks it up and brings it back to Oswald. Also, safe to assume that people are watching and that if Jake isn't the one that makes the drop-off or that Jake doesn't show, they get suspicious.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Tamrida wrote:[

All he would be told is "bring the booze to this location and leave it." It would be safe to assume that Raven or something picks it up and brings it back to Oswald. Also, safe to assume that people are watching and that if Jake isn't the one that makes the drop-off or that Jake doesn't show, they get suspicious.

Could Jake get a call for a drop off, and the Question forces him to go, and the question uses it as an ambush?

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:34 pm

Tamrida wrote:Could Jake get a call for a drop off, and the Question forces him to go, and the question uses it as an ambush?

You're the Question, not me, so why are you asking me? :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Oh, could Jake get a call right then? is that what you meant? Better if Vic gets the info out of Jake, he just needs to ask the right questions. ;)
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:40 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Oh, could Jake get a call right then? is that what you meant? Better if Vic gets the info out of Jake, he just needs to ask the right questions. ;)

Oh, well I did mean that Jake gets the call right then. I just posted for that. :meh:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:41 pm

Tamrida wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Oh, could Jake get a call right then? is that what you meant? Better if Vic gets the info out of Jake, he just needs to ask the right questions. ;)

Oh, well I did mean that Jake gets the call right then. I just posted for that. :meh:

That's fine! :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:42 pm

Hey! Ray's back! :clap:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse